Results 22,401 to 22,500 of 24454

Thread: The VIP Thread

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    They used to do it with celebrities every week for a time. They were “guests hosts” but still the same thing really as they had the same power and authority as a GM.
    True. I'd argue that was more of a gimmick in and of itself, though. Much like the RAW Roulette wheel.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Vice was purple. Cant believe you assholes forgot.
    @Atty posted in pink
    Yeah.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Randomly switched 205 Live on last night and nice to see Mansoor in action. He's got to work on that physique though, especially being in this company. It's almost at the point where he should be competing in a t-shirt.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Vice was purple. Cant believe you assholes forgot.
    @Atty posted in pink
    was it the same pink as @MMH?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Randomly switched 205 Live on last night and nice to see Mansoor in action. He's got to work on that physique though, especially being in this company. It's almost at the point where he should be competing in a t-shirt.
    They have to start building him up for when he wins the CW title at the next Blood Money ppv in Saudi Arabia.

His look bothers me simply because I think he looks like Seth Rollins' cousin. Definitely looks a little lanky so maybe they could add something to the top like Ali or Rollins just a few years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Meltzer said that AEW's tag-team division is better than any other 80's promotion aside from All-Japan.

Dude I'm thinking of just like 1989 and that dude is fucking stupid. I know many don't care what he thinks but if you want to put yourself out there as the end all be all then I'm FOR SURE going to take perverse joy in shitting on such a weird statement from a guy pushing 70 that's seen it all.

The Hart Foundation alone are better than the entire division.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People post in odd colors? Don’t remember that

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Dave Meltzer said that AEW's tag-team division is better than any other 80's promotion aside from All-Japan.

Dude I'm thinking of just like 1989 and that dude is fucking stupid. I know many don't care what he thinks but if you want to put yourself out there as the end all be all then I'm FOR SURE going to take perverse joy in shitting on such a weird statement from a guy pushing 70 that's seen it all.

The Hart Foundation alone are better than the entire division.
    I don't read his stuff but that is a bold statement. All I can think of is that Survivor Series 1988 match featuring teams like Harts, Bulldogs, Rockers, Rougeaus, Demolition and Brainbusters.

I don't know what Dave is smoking but may I get a bong of it please.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I don't read his stuff but that is a bold statement. All I can think of is that Survivor Series 1988 match featuring teams like Harts, Bulldogs, Rockers, Rougeaus, Demolition and Brainbusters.

I don't know what Dave is smoking but may I get a bong of it please.
    It's just a very odd statement to make from someone that people look to for their opinion on the sport. It'd be like if Roger Ebert, if he were alive TODAY, said that the horror movies of today are better than what we saw in the 80's. People know that is total bullshit, especially if you found out 2 of his sons were responsible for a lot of them lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'd even give wwe tag teams of the late 90s a nod.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd even give wwe tag teams of the late 90s a nod.
    I am thinking about the late 90s vs late 80s.

90s-Outlaws, Hardyz, Dudleyz. Edge/Christian, APA, Kane/X-Pac,

80s-Demoliton, Harts, Bulldogs, Rockers, Powers of Pain, Brain Busters

and then you had Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Rock N Roll express, Fantastics at the other company.

Crazy to believe Meltzer thinks AEW's division is better than that

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90's tag team scene was truly a golden age, especially because of the innovation, and sheer brutality involved. It'd be tough to find any era to match the big three of Hardyz/Dudleys/E&C

Even at the time, I recall message board discussions comparing them to the 80's teams, and folks generally understood we were watching something very special. They consistently were able to top themselves - it just kept getting better and better.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I am thinking about the late 90s vs late 80s.

90s-Outlaws, Hardyz, Dudleyz. Edge/Christian, APA, Kane/X-Pac,

80s-Demoliton, Harts, Bulldogs, Rockers, Powers of Pain, Brain Busters

and then you had Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Rock N Roll express, Fantastics at the other company.

Crazy to believe Meltzer thinks AEW's division is better than that
    I think it's fair to say he's a shill.

- - - Updated - - -

I love AEW by the way, And they have some great teams no doubt.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think AEW has a good division. Revival, Young Bucks, Daniels/Kazarian (not a fan of Scorpio), and Lucha Bros are 4 awesome teams. The rest are good but no way as a collective whole is AEW's tag-team roster better than any other division aside from the fucking All-Japan tag division of the 80's. I mean if he said it was better than the 1994 WWF tag-team division sure. But even 90's WCW has them beat until probably 1998-1999.

My question is this....Is AEW's tag division better than WWE's? That includes NXT and NXT UK because you can still compare even the numbers outweigh. Just because you have a bunch of teams doesn't mean collectively they're the best.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that WWE has the Uso's and the New Day (even though both teams are missing members to injury) still puts them ahead of AEW.

Young Bucks are pretty terrific. I never thought the Revival were anything I'd go out of my way to watch, but I would say that about Uso's / New Day / Young Bucks.

In that sense, the Revival is a lot like the Street Profits or the Viking Raiders. They can be entertaining, and you can count on a good match, but they aren't going to make you chant "Holy Shit"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    The fact that WWE has the Uso's and the New Day (even though both teams are missing members to injury) still puts them ahead of AEW.

Young Bucks are pretty terrific. I never thought the Revival were anything I'd go out of my way to watch, but I would say that about Uso's / New Day / Young Bucks.

In that sense, the Revival is a lot like the Street Profits or the Viking Raiders. They can be entertaining, and you can count on a good match, but they aren't going to make you chant "Holy Shit"
    Which is exactly why they left WWE because they used to get those chants. The excitement in the air when they were called up and could fight the Usos, Hardyz, New Day, etc. it was like YES FUCK YES. Then it was....wow, Vince really hates NXT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE's division about 3 years ago was excellent. 2017. Usos, New Day, The Bar, Revival, American Alpha (followed by Gable and Benjamin), DIY and The Hardy's, with Gallows and Anderson, Enzo and Cass, Rollins and Ambrose, Owens and Jericho (and later Owens and Zayn), Breezango, Miztourage, Sanity, Fish and O'Reilly, Harper and Rowan and Rusev Day floating about. It's a shame most teams don't last very long.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The collective sum of WWE's tag team pool is pretty damn stout. It's obviously bogged down by the attention given to them and the booking in general. Even right now, if Smackdown's crop was given proper attention and motivation, it'd be great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In late-1999, WCW had Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, and Raven and Saturn as their version of "The Smackdown! Six". And those three teams are almost as good as anything AEW can present, not named FTR.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    In late-1999, WCW had Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, and Raven and Saturn as their version of "The Smackdown! Six". And those three teams are almost as good as anything AEW can present, not named FTR.
    Nennig and Windham were a great team too during that time.

This may be a bit general, but I think it's fair to say WCW's undercard was fantastic but the glass ceiling was always there because of the "old boys" at the top.

Touchingon Hogan and Goldberg, if they'd given that just a week or two's promotionwith it being in Goldberg's home town of Georgia and kept their mouth shut about Foley winning, could've done wonders for them. Bischoff bitten by his own snake but also from reading Foley's book, he was whiney on Schiavone andshould've been able to telk the difference.

As far as Meltzer goes, don't much care for his opinion at the moment but he has oversold AEW lately (4.75 for that 8 man tag?, good but not that good!) and undersold a few NXT matches. He is coming across a bit of a shill like Peter said earlier.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nennig and Windham were a great team too during that time.

This may be a bit general, but I think it's fair to say WCW's undercard was fantastic but the glass ceiling was always there because of the "old boys" at the top.

Touchingon Hogan and Goldberg, if they'd given that just a week or two's promotionwith it being in Goldberg's home town of Georgia and kept their mouth shut about Foley winning, could've done wonders for them. Bischoff bitten by his own snake but also from reading Foley's book, he was whiney on Schiavone andshould've been able to telk the difference.

As far as Meltzer goes, don't much care for his opinion at the moment but he has oversold AEW lately (4.75 for that 8 man tag?, good but not that good!) and undersold a few NXT matches. He is coming across a bit of a shill like Peter said earlier.

WCW's undercard weren't ready to take the place of the top guys at the time. The sad thing is, when they started to elevate those guys WCW's time on this Earth was numbered so who knows.

Dave is definitely without a doubt taking the side of AEW and that's fine but this was a crazy statement to make. I'm sure he's just 1 of many who have said AEW has the best something of all time barely a year into the business.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCW's undercard weren't ready to take the place of the top guys at the time. The sad thing is, when they started to elevate those guys WCW's time on this Earth was numbered so who knows.

Dave is definitely without a doubt taking the side of AEW and that's fine but this was a crazy statement to make. I'm sure he's just 1 of many who have said AEW has the best something of all time barely a year into the business.
    It was hyperbolic. I know he’s not an actual shill. He’s certainly not being entirely objective though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was hyperbolic. I know he’s not an actual shill. He’s certainly not being entirely objective though.
    No, he's a shill for AEW. It's no secret that he almost never criticizes anything they do. Why would he? He's their cheerleader.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Dave is most certainly a shill for anything not wwe.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave is most certainly a shill for anything not wwe.
    I don't really hear him praising Impact or ROH though. He has his favorites but no doubt AEW is at the top. Wherever the team with his name as their finisher goes, he goes.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't really hear him praising Impact or ROH though. He has his favorites but no doubt AEW is at the top. Wherever the team with his name as their finisher goes, he goes.
    NJPW is probably tied with them to be fair

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    NJPW is probably tied with them to be fair
    If they still worked with Kinny and the Bucks I think they would be but shit he probably believed that story where New Japan tried to block Kenny and the Bucks from coming to Japan ever again or whatever that nonsense those 3 tried to spit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best pyro in the business.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw today, again... a bunch of fucking Twitter Wrestling SJW's calling Jim Cornette "racist" for... *sighs*... saying on his podcast about Keith Lee -- "Keith Lee looks like The Hulk and talks like an English professor."

They're claiming that Jim is saying that big black men can't be articulate and well-spoken, and that he expects them to either be slovenly, slobbering animals, jive-turkeys, or Ahmed Johnson or some shit.

And look, I know that Jimbo's said some racist shit before. The joke that got him kicked out of doing NWA commentary comes to mind.

But for fuck sake, listen to what the guy has to say. Instead of taking a damn quote entirely out of context because he doesn't like the same wrestlers you like, you Twitter cunts, listen to his opinion on the man and his work. Keith Lee does look like the Hulk. He's a fucking refrigerator with arms and legs and a head as big around as my torso.

And he absolutely talks like some kind of incredibly articulate and loquacious speaker. Its like every promo he gives he should be ending with "Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk on...".

Corny compares him to an English professor (or Frasier Crane), but I've always thought of him as more of a youth pastor. Even though he's a current athlete, he speaks like one of those ex-Football players you might see talking about "finding God" and giving a speech to a bunch of school kids somewhere, about staying off drugs and how "The Lord is cool".

But that doesn't work, 100% of the time for wrestling.

Corny isn't being wacist when he says he wants to see Keith Lee get fired up and actually act a little pissed off. He wants to see some actual emotion out of a guy who could "Hulk Smash!" half the assholes in NXT.

That's not being racist, you SJW Twitter fuckwits. That's just wanting to see some actual emotion in wrestling, for once.

Who agrees with me?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just when I thought it was impossible to love Mia Yim any more than I already do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw today, again... a bunch of fucking Twitter Wrestling SJW's calling Jim Cornette "racist" for... *sighs*... saying on his podcast about Keith Lee -- "Keith Lee looks like The Hulk and talks like an English professor."

They're claiming that Jim is saying that big black men can't be articulate and well-spoken, and that he expects them to either be slovenly, slobbering animals, jive-turkeys, or Ahmed Johnson or some shit.

And look, I know that Jimbo's said some racist shit before. The joke that got him kicked out of doing NWA commentary comes to mind.

But for fuck sake, listen to what the guy has to say. Instead of taking a damn quote entirely out of context because he doesn't like the same wrestlers you like, you Twitter cunts, listen to his opinion on the man and his work. Keith Lee does look like the Hulk. He's a fucking refrigerator with arms and legs and a head as big around as my torso.

And he absolutely talks like some kind of incredibly articulate and loquacious speaker. Its like every promo he gives he should be ending with "Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk on...".

Corny compares him to an English professor (or Frasier Crane), but I've always thought of him as more of a youth pastor. Even though he's a current athlete, he speaks like one of those ex-Football players you might see talking about "finding God" and giving a speech to a bunch of school kids somewhere, about staying off drugs and how "The Lord is cool".

But that doesn't work, 100% of the time for wrestling.

Corny isn't being wacist when he says he wants to see Keith Lee get fired up and actually act a little pissed off. He wants to see some actual emotion out of a guy who could "Hulk Smash!" half the assholes in NXT.

That's not being racist, you SJW Twitter fuckwits. That's just wanting to see some actual emotion in wrestling, for once.

Who agrees with me?
    He does talk like an English professor lol. To me that isn't about even being intellectual, trust me not all English teachers are geniuses. Just the way he articulates his sentences is very proper sounding it's weird, has nothing to do with skin.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee needs a blood feud to get that emotion out of him, he’s not really been challenged in the way that someone can get inside his head. The closest thing he’s had so far is Gargano but that included a slightly cheesy parody of the Gargano dinner segment.

I don’t know if Kross will be the one to do it but watch this space I guess.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the comment as being racist unless he said anything around it that implied he'd have expected otherwise because he's a black dude. The whole "Wow, you're so well spoken" thing towards black folks is definitely a thing. Plus, dude's got a history. But out of context, I can't jump to any conclusion.

I agree that Lee does seem to stay pretty chill and stoic. The only time he really shows emotion he just huffs and bellows and "Hulks up: in the ring but on the mic, even when he's pissed, he just raises the volume but still seems to maintain the same cadence. No yelling, no real rage. Might be a good idea to try to get more out of him and i could see it happening if Kross/Scarlett pull Mia into this feud, as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had two random ideas watching Main Event on The Network.

-- Bianca Belair should be taken away from The Street Profits (wherever they are, anyway), sent to Smackdown!, and teamed up with Naomi as a permanent part of the Women's Tag-Team Division. They could give Bianca a "glow up" and have her do a cool tandem, "feel the glow!" thing with Naomi. Imagine a fluorescent, day-glo ponytail.

-- Lacey Evans should introduce Ruby Riott to Smackdown! as her "best friend from college". When Lacey knew her "years ago", she never would've dreamed about getting "that haircut" or "all those tattoos". They could be a funny, mismatched pair of partners -- "Leave It To Beaver" bitch and the girl Wally would never bring home to meet his parents.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever made the decision (assuming it was actually a conscious decision) to have Xia Li front row center in the fake crowd for all the WWE B-shows is a genius. Unlike a lot of these dorks, she actually looks happy to be there (or maybe she's just good at faking it?) and she's absolutely Goddamn adorable.

Compare her to Hikaru Shida on Dynamite. She's always there in the front row and she always looks like she's either trying to solve a riddle in her head or like she's absolutely fucking furious about something. Its not even resting bitch face. Its resting raging bitch face.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xia Li is wonderful and her enthusiasm is 100% genuine. Watched the NXT combine awhile back and she was there cheering everyone on from start to finish.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever made the decision (assuming it was actually a conscious decision) to have Xia Li front row center in the fake crowd for all the WWE B-shows is a genius. Unlike a lot of these dorks, she actually looks happy to be there (or maybe she's just good at faking it?) and she's absolutely Goddamn adorable.

Compare her to Hikaru Shida on Dynamite. She's always there in the front row and she always looks like she's either trying to solve a riddle in her head or like she's absolutely fucking furious about something. Its not even resting bitch face. Its resting raging bitch face.
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Xia Li is wonderful and her enthusiasm is 100% genuine. Watched the NXT combine awhile back and she was there cheering everyone on from start to finish.
    I didn't know her name, but I was pretty sure I knew who you were talking about when I read these comments, so I googled her and I was right. If the WWE could find a few more like her, it would make a huge difference. Many of the others in the "crowd" often appear fake/exaggerated, exhausted, and sometimes the look on their faces seems like a cross between bitter/jealous and constipated.

For a normal crowd, it is probably easier to cheer for the faces than to boo the heels, but it might flip depending on whether the reaction is during a promo or during an actual match. You'd think that by now, the WWE would have figured out that the fake crowd of developmental talent is far too appreciative of the ring work that the heels are doing, so instead of booing classic heel moves, this crowd claps when a normal crowd would be booing mercilously.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Xia Li's time will come soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce and the team would absolutely fuck up Xia Li.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce and the team would absolutely fuck up Xia Li.
    On the main roster at this stage most probably, but hope she gets a good run in NXT soon at least. Xia vs Io could be a killer match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Xia Li's time will come soon.
    there's probably a .0005% chance her time will come on the main roster

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's probably a .0005% chance her time will come on the main roster
    I meant in NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the main roster at this stage most probably, but hope she gets a good run in NXT soon at least. Xia vs Io could be a killer match.
    Curious what the hold up is on unleashing her as a full-time member of the NXT roster. She's been there for what, 3-4 years now? I get the pandemic aspect of not showcasing a bunch of people but would it hurt to sprinkle her in more than once a year?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious what the hold up is on unleashing her as a full-time member of the NXT roster. She's been there for what, 3-4 years now? I get the pandemic aspect of not showcasing a bunch of people but would it hurt to sprinkle her in more than once a year?
    I can ojly guess it's down to NXT creative not having anything for her at the moment, although Aaliyah's getting time but Stone's comedy is the real highlight there and she's still shite.

Fuck knows about Rhea Ripley either, been downhill ever since losing to Charlotte andshe deserves much better than a comedy feud with Stone and Aaliyah. She should probably be called up sooner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can ojly guess it's down to NXT creative not having anything for her at the moment, although Aaliyah's getting time but Stone's comedy is the real highlight there and she's still shite.

Fuck knows about Rhea Ripley either, been downhill ever since losing to Charlotte andshe deserves much better than a comedy feud with Stone and Aaliyah. She should probably be called up sooner.
    They're using Rhea so Aaliyah can get a rub and work with someone that is at least credible. I'm kind 50/50 on NXT's women's division right now. Not really a fan of Teagan Nox or Aaliyah. I mean, where the fuck is Chelsea Green? It's hard to gauge what is going on in pro wrestling when all of the covid-19 stuff is going on preventing certain talent from being used. It could also very well be like you said, just nothing for certain talent.

In NXT they can get away with that for the most part because ultimately it's still a developmental brand. It's not the end all be all for some of these people but they have to be careful with the amount of exposure they are giving these wrestlers. It could backfire.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is they see a long-game approach with her. She had combat experience but no wrestling experience prior to that so she was a total piece of clay. On top of that, it’s possible she had no experience in living in a different country, let alone on the other side of the world. She’s certainly adapted well to this point.

The division is also incredibly deep so they seem to pepper her in from time to time, like you said. She’s had six tv matches over the course of the year so she typically gets a spotlight match, whether to enhance her or enhance someone else. Just seems like it all circles around the fact they’re taking their time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Xia Li eventually make it to the main roster and tag with Asuka.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Xia Li eventually make it to the main roster and tag with Asuka.
    why would you love to see her tag with Asuka? or are you being sarcastic because the WWE would do something like that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you love to see her tag with Asuka? or are you being sarcastic because the WWE would do something like that.
    I think they'd make a cool team? Asuka spits the green mist like Reptile from Mortal Kombat and Xia Li sometimes dresses like Kitana for big shows. They'd be a pretty damn cool combination of badass martial artists.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'd make a cool team? Asuka spits the green mist like Reptile from Mortal Kombat and Xia Li sometimes dresses like Kitana for big shows. They'd be a pretty damn cool combination of badass martial artists.
    There’s a danger they may stereotype it up and I’d rather they not do that. Makes obv sense with Io and Kairi but not Xia.

She should carve her own path.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xia would anchor Asuka immensely, nothing against Xia. Asuka is miles and miles ahead of her in skill/experience, and Xia is still too green in her infant stages of her career.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Xia would anchor Asuka immensely, nothing against Xia. Asuka is miles and miles ahead of her in skill/experience, and Xia is still too green in her infant stages of her career.
    In theory, Asuka could be a good mentor or her if handled correctly. My concern is them not handling this correctly and going stereotypical making them Kabuki Warriors 2.

Hate saying things like that but they got a history of doing shit like this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In theory, Asuka could be a good mentor or her if handled correctly. My concern is them not handling this correctly and going stereotypical making them Kabuki Warriors 2.

Hate saying things like that but they got a history of doing shit like this.
    If they were going to do that, there's a blatantly obvious better option in Io.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    If they were going to do that, there's a blatantly obvious better option in Io.
    After Asuka’s run-in at GAB, Asuka/Io vs Sasha/Bayley would have made a ton more sense no disrespect to Kairi.
    Last edited by Badger; July 27th, 2020 at 8:20 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what would be a nice move is if we didn't lump all the Asian folks together in the first place just because you know, they're Asian lol.

Kind of like right now with MVP. Is this the time to create an all black HEEL group?

Xia Li is someone who needs an English speaking manager to bring her to the table and say she's been held back by the powers that be and this manager has finally convinced them to display her talents to the world. Showcase her martial arts training, her agility, and being the first Chinese female wrestler, what that means to her, to her people, and what it can mean for the future of women's wrestling.

I mean, why would Asuka be a good mentor? They don't speak the same language, they're not from the same country, I see nothing appealing about Asuka mentoring or teaming with Xia Li that you couldn't get out of Xia being paired with someone at the very least who speaks English and could be the mouthpiece. Put her with Naomi. The WWE like to do random ass shit like that, think of Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. What the fuck that pairing is so stupid it doesn't work at all yet we're like 10 months deep in this bullshit. Why not Naomi and Xia Li=women's tag team champions on some Rush Hour shit.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Alexa/Cross was a pairing I thought was just a blatant set-up for Alexa to turn on her like she has with everyone else but they got mileage out of it and Nikki got to show some personality. It’s ran it’s course now though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what would be a nice move is if we didn't lump all the Asian folks together in the first place just because you know, they're Asian lol.

Kind of like right now with MVP. Is this the time to create an all black HEEL group?

Xia Li is someone who needs an English speaking manager to bring her to the table and say she's been held back by the powers that be and this manager has finally convinced them to display her talents to the world. Showcase her martial arts training, her agility, and being the first Chinese female wrestler, what that means to her, to her people, and what it can mean for the future of women's wrestling.

I mean, why would Asuka be a good mentor? They don't speak the same language, they're not from the same country, I see nothing appealing about Asuka mentoring or teaming with Xia Li that you couldn't get out of Xia being paired with someone at the very least who speaks English and could be the mouthpiece. Put her with Naomi. The WWE like to do random ass shit like that, think of Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. What the fuck that pairing is so stupid it doesn't work at all yet we're like 10 months deep in this bullshit. Why not Naomi and Xia Li=women's tag team champions on some Rush Hour shit.
    There's nothing wrong with anything you said but it's a matter of time commitment and availability of time to tell that story. It's also just a matter of deciding what they want to push and when. We talked about the concerns of stretching to an additional hour when NXT moved to USA but they're still finding ways to fill the time and still have holes. Example: Where are the tag champs?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the biggest roster and the most time for anyone in the wrestling world, tag division’s a bloody mess. Cesaro/Nakamura just won those titles and no real competition on the horizon.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example Bryan and Gulak. Tag team waiting to happen yet they’ve never pushed them as such. Near instant credibility right there with Bryan’s value.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong with anything you said but it's a matter of time commitment and availability of time to tell that story. It's also just a matter of deciding what they want to push and when. We talked about the concerns of stretching to an additional hour when NXT moved to USA but they're still finding ways to fill the time and still have holes. Example: Where are the tag champs?
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say other than pointing out the obvious. No shit, this isn't my first day as a wrestling fan. So they might as well not do anything with her other than the random 6 matches a year she has? The division isn't incredibly deep in NXT. Honestly, if you're concerned about time, they need to cycle more people in and out so it's not the same 7 people every week for 1 hour.

Also, no time table in my post. I'm saying if/when they decide to ever pull the trigger let's look beyond Chinese=Japanese so pair her with Asuka. Man you can barely wait a segment for a character or story to unfold, what is the talk about "they're taking their time" They're not taking their time they just don't know what the fuck to do with a Chinese wrestler other than bragging on social media that they signed Chinese athletes. That's literally it.

What concerns about a 2nd hour of NXT?

And that's a good question, where are the tag champs?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example Bryan and Gulak. Tag team waiting to happen yet they’ve never pushed them as such. Near instant credibility right there with Bryan’s value.
    I'm pretty sure Brie is due soon so he's probably off the road for the foreseeable future. That's why I suggested in the SD thread that they should just do the pairing of Gable and Gulak.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Brie is due soon so he's probably off the road for the foreseeable future. That's why I suggested in the SD thread that they should just do the pairing of Gable and Gulak.
    Ah fair play, they’d make a good team as long as they don’t amalgamate the name to Shorty Gulak.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad Gable.....My youngest watches a show on Disney called Bizardvaark and everytime I see this kid Bernie I think of poor Shorty G. What a brilliant character Shorty G is, I mean, the struggle of being called short over and over by Corbin and now look at him. Massive amounts of tv time, championships, oh wait.....None of that shit has happened. Funny the guy was massively over with Jason Jordan in NXT and Smackdown, they split them up and look where they wound up? Broken neck and broken career. VINCE IS A GENIUS.

You'd never know it but this kid grew up to be Smackdown and NXT tag-team champion. Not to mention oh idk he's a fucking Olympic wrestler but hey that never got anyone over in the history of sports.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that was more about Gable than Kurt, but just thinking back how amazing Kurt’s debut. Looked like they were going to debut him as a cookie-cutter blue chipper athlete which fans would’ve rejected (sorry Maivia?)

“How DARE you BOO an Olympic gold medalist??”

Oh this guy is money!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just ridiculous that the WWE has a legit Olympian and their idea of him having a character is taking away everything about his character and making him some weird fuck.

Where's the upside of Shorty G? Where are the WWE apologists on this board that have an excuse for everything on tv that fucking sucks?

You know, it's tough watching wrestling prior to 2001 because prior to 2001 things were not so heavily scripted and shit that got people over wasn't taken away from them. It was amplified. Imagine if Stone Cold was booked in 2020. Oh that vest is cool, take it away. Middle finger getting the biggest pops? Stop doing it. Stone Cold Stunner=most over finisher in the game....Naw let's give him a spinning back fist. Austin 316? Nope.

Shit he wouldn't even be STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. He'd literally just be "Austin" And then a bunch of self-given hashtag nicknames "The Auspicious Animal of Anarchy" Fuck I can hear Mauro saying it now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American Alpha could’ve and should’ve had a better run as a team. When they broke them up, Vince’s twisted sense of humour comes into play. “Oh Kurt’s your daddy now.” “Hey you’re short lol.” Least Gable is making the best of the shit given to him.

Could’ve definitely pushed Gable as a bad add but (and only speculating here) Vince didn’t think he looked the part so went the comedy route.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad Gable is like Samson -- from Marvel Comics, not The Bible, he loses all his power when he cuts his hair.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad Gable is like Samson -- from Marvel Comics, not The Bible, he loses all his power when he cuts his hair.
    Short hair is the dress code for practically everyone these days....John Morrison is one of the lucky exceptions that has thus far escaped this rule.

Roman is one of them too lol.
    Last edited by Badger; July 28th, 2020 at 3:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short hair is the dress code for practically everyone these days....John Morrison is one of the lucky exceptions that has thus far escaped this rule.

Roman is one of them too lol.
    Just another reason to be bored by WWE's shit. Everybody has to look like a fucking Ken Doll.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins
    Edge
    Strowman
    The Fiend
    AJ Styles
    Morrison
    Matt Riddle
    Drew McIntyre
    Murphy
    Nakamura
    Alistair Black
    Kofi Kingston
    Everyone but Bayley in the woman's division

I'm just pointing out some of the people with long hair in WWE because I don't think Shorty G getting a haircut had to do with a weird Vince protocol. I think it was just to make him look different than what we were used to. He used to look like Clay Guida, now he looks like the male best friend to a female lead in every shit Disney show since High School Musical.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twas joking and exaggerating on the short hair thing.

Fiend without the dreads would be an interesting sight.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would @Donald still like Strowman without the hair for example?

Okay that’s more an excuse to try and bring back Donald but why not?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 15 years, Strowman will look like Big Show does now, completely bald on top, full died dark black beard.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman and Bray are probably gonna shave it pretty soon as they're both thinning quite a bit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could do so much with Gable if they dropped the Shorty G gimmick and let him go back to just being a wrestling bad ass. I would love to see him feud with AJ and win the IC title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    They could do so much with Gable if they dropped the Shorty G gimmick and let him go back to just being a wrestling bad ass. I would love to see him feud with AJ and win the IC title.
    I have a feeling they're going to wait until he's absolutely worthless and then they'll change him back. When that doesn't get over due to them making him be Shorty G forever, they'll say "See he wasn't that over to begin with!" All you have to do is listen to Bruce Prichard talk about certain talent who they did this exact same shit to and you'll know I'm not just insinuating. And I love to listen to the guy's podcast but holy shit take some fucking responsibility for once.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad Gable and Drew Gulak could be the modern day World's Greatest Tag-Team. Except neither of them are black.

Apropos of nothing, does anyone else remember when Haas and Benjamin debuted and for about a week they were calling them "The Best Damn Tag-Team- Period"? Until ESPN complained because of The Best Damn Sports Show -- Period?

Or am I just off my meds again?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, it's on their wikipedia:
    Soon after the breakup, Benjamin and Haas referred to themselves as The Best Damn Tag Team Period and then The Self-Proclaimed World's Greatest Tag Team, or The World's Greatest Tag Team for short.
    It was after they split from Angle and were no longer Team Angle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! I'm not completely crazy!

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gutted to hear that the guy who got me into wrestling as a kid died today.

Mark "Rollerball" Rocco was so ahead of his time, a tremendous heel and although I kind of watched wrestling when I was about 5-6 years old on World of Sport it was Rocco (and Adrian Street) who made me stand up and notice it. Moves off the ropes, cheating, proper promos etc he was so different to the other wrestlers of the time.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And some more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh... did anyone else have no idea that the one chick from the IIconics is married to Shawn Spears?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge?
    I never knew.

I still think iin ccharacter The IIconics are still ccloset llesbians.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh fuck off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Oh fuck off.
    They're constantly holding hands and they're always hugging.

I get lesbian vibes from them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    The Iiconics are teasers.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girls holding hands = lesbians

Deep level thought, right there

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Girls holding hands = lesbians

Deep level thought, right there
    Its wrestling. There's no room for deep thought here.

Besides, the first place I heard that idea was on a podcast hosted by two women who are both some flavor of LBGQJRSBBQ-whatever.

I trust their opinion and just kind of like to throw it out there as a joke.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ignorant comments, what a shock.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Best Friends in AEW must be gay 'cuz straight dudes can't hug or show affection and IIconics in WWE must be gay 'cuz straight chicks can't hug or show affection.."
    IIconics have done numerous interviews about their relationship and how they are soulmates/life-partners/in love whilst also being totally platonic. That can be a thing. You want to head canon that they're gay, go ahead but also, feel free to learn about the complex variety of human relationships while you're at it.
    Last edited by mth; August 1st, 2020 at 6:43 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post

And some more.
    My last memory of him was stretching Spud/Drake at British Boot Camp the morning after the latter had been on the town, and making him cry.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    My last memory of him was stretching Spud/Drake at British Boot Camp the morning after the latter had been on the town, and making him cry.
    Haha yes that was great... I'm a bit young to have watched him tbh but RIP.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    "Best Friends in AEW must be gay 'cuz straight dudes can't hug or show affection and IIconics in WWE must be gay 'cuz straight chicks can't hug or show affection.."
    IIconics have done numerous interviews about their relationship and how they are soulmates/life-partners/in love whilst also being totally platonic. That can be a thing. You want to head canon that they're gay, go ahead but also, feel free to learn about the complex variety of human relationships while you're at it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    How old are you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    How old are you?
    Old enough to know better. But not too old to ignore that fact.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a Simpsons post for everything it seems lol.

PS last time they were funny was pre-millennium.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd news bit that seems to be going under the radar: WWE announced Payback as another event for them. That does't seem relevant but the timing is. It is scheduled for seven days after Summerslam.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just a pain in the ass for the guy running the PPV Predictions contest though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like from reading stuff online it may be promoted as a Network special rather than a PPV.