Page 234 of 245 FirstFirst ... 224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast
Results 23,301 to 23,400 of 24454

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked her gimmick in impact, where she was just really hot. I have no clue what she does in NXT.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She would do well on Lip Sync Battle.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Wwe will have good managers and then just drop them though.

Andrade and zelina
    Rusev and Lana / Rusev and aiden English
    Paul ellering and AOP
    Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush
    Titus Worldwide??

wwe hasn’t done shit with managers in a long time.
    I can understand your point to some extent, but then again, MVP and Paul Heyman are among the best things to watch on Raw and SD, respectively.

I was not a fan of Zelina, because she didn't assert herself when needed - she was a jobber who managed talent good enough to be title holders into jobbers. F

For the opposite reason, Lio Rush did not work for me as a manager with Lashley, because he never seemed to get the concept that a manager is supposed to make his wrestler look better. I felt that Rush tended to focus as much on himself as Lashley.

Other than Aiden English, whose run as Rusev's manager was far too short, the last guy to really excel as a manager while still being quite young himself, was Ricardo Rodriquez.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we at least agree that MVP has become one of the best managers of all time?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wwe will have good managers and then just drop them though.

Andrade and zelina
    Rusev and Lana / Rusev and aiden English
    Paul ellering and AOP
    Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush
    Titus Worldwide??

wwe hasn’t done shit with managers in a long time.

And Yeah I completely overlooked Scarlett, as I haven’t watched NXT since before she and Kross were there. My B, kdestiny.
    None of that has anything to do with you saying she shouldn't go to WWE because she'd get wasted. You're proving my point. WWE has done more with managers than anyone else and FOR SURE have done it better than everyone else and I'm saying EVER. No promotion ever had the collection of top tier managers like WWF did in the 80's into the early 90's. Fast forward to present day, obviously judging by the response here, they do better than anyone present day.

The only good non-WWE manager in wrestling is Vickie. Who is being completely fucking wasted in AEW. Tully and Arn just stand there, wow. Who even manages in Impact? What manager in the history of that company did they build? Who came there and improved? Sinister Minister was already dope, Miss Jackie was already dope, Karen Angle was hot as fuck but she was terrible as a performer. Kimberly 2.0

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abe Washington making a rape joke during the PG era on a live mic isn't exactly flattering BUT he was underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Can we at least agree that MVP has become one of the best managers of all time?
    Yeah I mean there's a reason Hero started out slandering the WWE, then changed it to specifically female, and then started rambling about male and female managers.

MVP, Paul Heyman, that fuck Robbie E in NXT is even entertaining.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Abe Washington making a rape joke during the PG era on a live mic isn't exactly flattering BUT he was underrated.

Yeah I mean there's a reason Hero started out slandering the WWE, then changed it to specifically female, and then started rambling about male and female managers.

Wait, Robbie E from the BroMans is in NXT?! I had no idea he was still working.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, Robbie E from the BroMans is in NXT?! I had no idea he was still working.
    Yep he has been managing down there as Robert Stone. Usually manages the lower card female talent.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    None of that has anything to do with you saying she shouldn't go to WWE because she'd get wasted. Y
    ok

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok
    Awww, didn't get to sound cool hating on WWE. I get it man I slap people around all day that blindly hate WWE then try to pivot to other things that are completely unrelated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across something on a podcast recently that made as much sense as it didn't. Think it was Pritchard's but not 100% but it was mentioned Vince doesn't like having a large tag division simply because your paying four people to do what 2 people can do and I guess that he will have a similar view to managers.

Obviously it makes more sense in smaller promotions who are in a budget but WWE? I guess rich people get that way because they think like that though.

In terms of women managers I guess they have switched roles now that the women division gets a hell of a lot more traction and credability. In the 90s you would have have Sacha, Becky and co as managers who worked bra and panties matches. They are better than that though so no need for them to be managers anymore I guess.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awww, didn't get to sound cool hating on WWE. I get it man I slap people around all day that blindly hate WWE then try to pivot to other things that are completely unrelated.
    god dude, you are so, so weird.

i literally provided you with multiple examples of failed managers in the modern wwe and all you do is compare their past track record to companies that have been around a fraction of the time of WWE.

You make no sense and genuinely seem to have trouble reading.

Arguing with you is annoying because you're dense, not because you're right. You do not "slap" anyone around, people give up trying to have a conversation with you.
    Last edited by Hero!; May 7th, 2021 at 3:36 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

"slandering wwe"

LOL. What a weird person you are. No one better speak ill of WWE while Nash Diesel is around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god dude, you are so, so weird.

i literally provided you with multiple examples of failed managers in the modern wwe and all you do is compare their past track record to companies that have been around a fraction of the time of WWE.

You make no sense and genuinely seem to have trouble reading.

Arguing with you is annoying because you're dense, not because you're right. You do not "slap" anyone around, people give up trying to have a conversation with you.
    "slandering wwe"

LOL. What a weird person you are. No one better speak ill of WWE while Nash Diesel is around.
    If you're going to slander a company at least have a valid argument lol.

First it was "She'll waste away in WWE"

Then it was, how many female managers do they have?

Then it was some weird rambling about MALE & female managers.

You had no argument, you just wanted to say something to spite the WWE and here we are.

So I'm telling you that you basically proved that WWE does know what the fuck they're doing. Managers haven't been a popular thing in any major wrestling company in almost 25 years. Especially IMPACT lol. The fuck are you worried about her being wasted in WWE for when you want her to go to IMPACT? Based on who? Scott D'Amore? Wow. Tracey Brooks? YAY! And again, Tracey also wrestled.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not a big impact fan but impact is still a place that people can go to and get paid well. Jordynne Grace just signed a multi-year deal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Not a big impact fan but impact is still a place that people can go to and get paid well. Jordynne Grace just signed a multi-year deal.
    We're talking about managers but in general I see what you're saying.

Next time maybe don't use someone like Jordynne Grace as your bar for talent who gets paid well lol. I mean, what is "well" in her case? 20k a year?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You had no argument, you just wanted to say something to spite the WWE and here we are.
    You have trouble reading, it's fine. We already saw this a few weeks ago in news & notes.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We're talking about managers but in general I see what you're saying.

Next time maybe don't use someone like Jordynne Grace as your bar for talent who gets paid well lol. I mean, what is "well" in her case? 20k a year?
    Well she just signed the deal today, or it was announced today, so I don't know. I think she's talented though and I'm surprised she didn't go to NXT or AEW. I can't speak to impacts manager situation but I don't think they're opposed to having them. They don't have many people who sit in catering and do nothing from what I've seen, everyone gets used.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    "slandering wwe"

This is weird because ND used to claim I was riding Vinces dick anytime I was vaguely positive about them.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    This is weird because ND used to claim I was riding Vinces dick anytime I was vaguely positive about them.
    ND is just a weird cat.

I do not watch WWE. I have not watched WWE regularly in over 2 years. I didnt even watch Wrestlemania this year. I don't talk about WWE, I barely even come to this portion of the forum.

But ND gets really, really upset that I enjoy AEW, MLW, and IMPACT and not WWE. Why? I do not know. I have no clue why nash takes this so personally.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have trouble reading, it's fine. We already saw this a few weeks ago in news & notes.
    Aww it's ok Hero. You kids are easy to deal with I'm just wondering why WWE is going to waste her but not Impact.....Keep avoiding explaining your original post and how it relates to Impact being a better choice.

Well she just signed the deal today, or it was announced today, so I don't know. I think she's talented though and I'm surprised she didn't go to NXT or AEW. I can't speak to impacts manager situation but I don't think they're opposed to having them. They don't have many people who sit in catering and do nothing from what I've seen, everyone gets used.
    I just don't see how saying you can still make good money in Impact and why Grace is the example you used. What's her contract? I doubt you have any idea what she's making but if you do then please, by all means, don't be a Hero and actually provide something that backs this up. I'm still trying to figure out how they afforded Gallows and Anderson-or was that more fuck money we want to be top guys in shitty promotions?

It's more about Hero talking shit about how WWE would waste someone yet they should go to IMPACT because......?

And instead of explaining why Impact, he asked about other female managers-which he admits he doesn't even fucking watch to know, and then started rambling about both female & male managers-and did nothing but point out the obvious....That nobody gives a shit about managers so why Impact?

Let's be honest, any time someone shit on Vince you went into a rage. Stop pretending you're docile now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE wastes people all of the time, dude. It's why I don't really watch NXT. They'll do great there and then get "called up" to Main Event.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ND is just a weird cat.

I do not watch WWE. I have not watched WWE regularly in over 2 years. I didnt even watch Wrestlemania this year. I don't talk about WWE, I barely even come to this portion of the forum.

But ND gets really, really upset that I enjoy AEW, MLW, and IMPACT and not WWE. Why? I do not know. I have no clue why nash takes this so personally.
    Name one time you've ever asked me if I take any of this personally. Show me and I'll leave the boards today.

You don't watch WWE but you always have some stupid ass opinion and I'm sorry if you don't like what I do to others. If you have a stupid opinion about WWE, AEW, NJPW, etc. then respect my stupid opinion back lol.

Don't just get all butthurt and start changing your argument then just constantly cry about how you're targeted. And I'm a bigger fan of AEW than you. Why? Because I don't embarrass myself and literally say every segment, every match is great-perfect. You and the AEW fans like you make it impossible for people like me to even mention I'm a fan because everyone thinks I'm a blind buffoon like you.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE is like Walmart, everyone goes to it, but sometime the mom and pop shops (AEW, ROH, Impact), are better and the atmosphere is incredibly different, in a good way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE wastes people all of the time, dude. It's why I don't really watch NXT.
    Not the point at all. We're not talking about people in general getting wasted. That's like saying the NFL wastes people all the time. Are we really going to sit here and break down who has or hasn't been wasted in everyone's personal opinion? No.

Now if you want to talk about the woman we're talking about and how Hero said she'd be wasted away in WWE and should go to Impact, then let's keep that topic going instead of the other bullshit.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Don't just get all butthurt and start changing your argument then just constantly cry about how you're targeted. And I'm a bigger fan of AEW than you. Why? Because I don't embarrass myself and literally say every segment, every match is great-perfect. You and the AEW fans like you make it impossible for people like me to even mention I'm a fan because everyone thinks I'm a blind buffoon like you.
    "dont get all butthurt"

"everyone thinks im a blind buffoon like you"

You're delusional.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE also wastes the women, they made tag titles and then gave them to two singles wrestlers they threw together after splitting up actual tag teams.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE wastes people all of the time, dude. It's why I don't really watch NXT. They'll do great there and then get "called up" to Main Event.
    Why wouldn't you want to watch them in that period when they're doing great?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Because I get my hopes up they'll still do great on the main roster. It does seem like Gargano and Ciampa are probably NXT lifers at least.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I get my hopes up they'll still do great on the main roster. It does seem like Gargano and Ciampa are probably NXT lifers at least.
    That doesn't really have anything to do with the present/current aspect of it, but I guess I get it haha.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That doesn't really have anything to do with the present/current aspect of it, but I guess I get it haha.
    I get invested in someone like Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Aleister Black or Ricochet and think well there's no way WWE could screw this up. Then there's Mia Yim getting stuck with the whole Retribution thing. Where the hell is Keith Lee anyway? Shayna Bazler being in a tag team for some reason. Rhea is doing okay I think though, until she loses to Charlotte and the circle continues.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get invested in someone like Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Aleister Black or Ricochet and think well there's no way WWE could screw this up. Then there's Mia Yim getting stuck with the whole Retribution thing. Where the hell is Keith Lee anyway? Shayna Bazler being in a tag team for some reason. Rhea is doing okay I think though, until she loses to Charlotte and the circle continues.
    Good question.

Sadly, Shayna is probably being salvaged by being paired with the lesser talent. I highly, highly doubt she'd be a factor if it wasn't for the tag team.

Riddle is a case where he should be can't-miss as a piece to use, they were bungling it, but then used a formula that worked in NXT to utilize him. If R-K-Bro lasts through Summerslam, it'll get over in a big way. Riddle doing his comedy with a straight-laced, non-nonsense guy works.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    I came across something on a podcast recently that made as much sense as it didn't. Think it was Pritchard's but not 100% but it was mentioned Vince doesn't like having a large tag division simply because your paying four people to do what 2 people can do and I guess that he will have a similar view to managers.

Obviously it makes more sense in smaller promotions who are in a budget but WWE? I guess rich people get that way because they think like that though.

In terms of women managers I guess they have switched roles now that the women division gets a hell of a lot more traction and credability. In the 90s you would have have Sacha, Becky and co as managers who worked bra and panties matches. They are better than that though so no need for them to be managers anymore I guess.
    Vince has had this mindset since the 80's. Just hates paying 4 guys for one match. He's never really changed on that. Every time it looks like WWE is going to have a decent tag division, Vince break up a bunch of teams.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "dont get all butthurt"

"everyone thinks im a blind buffoon like you"

You're delusional.
    So nothing to say about why she should go to Impact other than "WWE bad!"? Ok. This is why your generation snaps at people when applauding.

WWE also wastes the women, they made tag titles and then gave them to two singles wrestlers they threw together after splitting up actual tag teams.
    Outside of Japan they have the best crop of female talent in the world. Wow, they split up 1 actual tag team that needed split up so my girl Peyton could shine but naw they kept them together for too long and now look, my girl is fucking unemployed and married to a jobber. It's my childhood all over again when I found out Sunny and Skip were a real thing

Once upon a time TNA had the best female wrestlers outside of Japan but they ruined that years ago.

Because people like Bert and Hero are inconsistent with their negativity toward WWE. They expect everyone WWE hires to be a major player and be used perfectly, but then when it doesn't happen WWE sucks and Impact should be their destination! Which makes no sense lol.

If you're a fan of any promotion and don't recognize they're not always going to do what you want perfectly then get out of my fucking face with this bullshit.

I've spent 35 years as a fan of pro wrestling. Every promotion is on deck to get rinsed and WWE gets it more than any. That's the price you pay for being #1.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince has had this mindset since the 80's. Just hates paying 4 guys for one match. He's never really changed on that. Every time it looks like WWE is going to have a decent tag division, Vince break up a bunch of teams.
    He's been doing this FOREVER. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, imagine if we were that offended they broke up the Hart Foundation and The Rockers just so those 2 could have a legendary run.

I wasn't sad when Tito and Rick Martel broke up. Even during the Attitude Era, teams like the New Age Outlaws were only around for like 2-3 years. Edge/Christian, maybe 3?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm certainly saying that WWE doesn't waste some NXT talent. I think Nakamura, Black, etc should be in a better spot right now.

But that's become too broad of a brush in these conversations sometimes. Bayley, Banks, Charlotte, Becky=all NXT talent.

Drew came back to NXT. Seth and Roman are NXT talents.

Sometimes they'll get it wrong. Sometimes is will take a while. Sometimes it will never happen.

Everyone fans out differently, but I enjoy NXT for what it is. One of my unpopular opinions here is that I enjoyed the Undisputed Era. I don't really care that Adam Cole will never be the WWE champ. He had matches I enjoyed. I like Garganno and Ciampo. I'm not sure why I should care about their future on RAW, if I'm enjoying what they do now.

Is there some reason having equal success in AEW would mean more than their success on NXT?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at this point how to even gauge being successful? Not just AEW and NXT but in general.

What the majority of fans these days consider successful is outdated. But we also can't lower the bar and say that AEW gets 1.07 in the ratings that's huge! No, it's fucking terrible. NXT getting 750,000 viewers=terrible.

Hero can try and claim he's a big fan of Impact but I was the guy in the threads 6-7 years ago if not longer defending TNA's ratings when they were getting 1.8 while Hogan was there. I didn't pretend Bobby Roode was a main event draw because TNA booked him as a main eventer. If you're a main eventer, and the best you can do for your weekly show is a 1.07 you are a draw in the most general way possible.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So nothing to say about why she should go to Impact other than "WWE bad!"? Ok. This is why your generation snaps at people when applauding.
    Bro. You spend all day having multiple arguments with people across multiple threads. You're literally having another argument with someone else in the Asylum right this moment.

Why would I want to continue a conversation with you when you don't care to read what's actually being said and instead just wanna argue? You live for this shit, i do not.

So, I go back to what I said earlier when you compeltely lost the plot and simply say "ok" to whatever long-form drivel you're gonna type next.

I literally do not care. I explained my point, very clearly, so many posts ago and you're so sad that i insulted the WWE that you're literally triggering yourself to keep arguing.

Don't talk about "my generation" when this is how you spend your time. This is your life. i'm about to get off work and log off from this shit. You do you and spend all weekend worrying about me not watching WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro. You spend all day having multiple arguments with people across multiple threads. You're literally having another argument with someone else in the Asylum right this moment.

Why would I want to continue a conversation with you when you don't care to read what's actually being said and instead just wanna argue? You live for this shit, i do not.

So, I go back to what I said earlier when you compeltely lost the plot and simply say "ok" to whatever long-form drivel you're gonna type next.

I literally do not care. I explained my point, very clearly, so many posts ago and you're so sad that i insulted the WWE that you're literally triggering yourself to keep arguing.

Don't talk about "my generation" when this is how you spend your time. This is your life. i'm about to get off work and log off from this shit. You do you and spend all weekend worrying about me not watching WWE.
    Just think about how much easier it would've been had you saved all that nonsense you just posted and simply said "Here's why Impact would be better in comparison to WWE" But you chose to go this route and here we are.

Argument? Dude it's a discussion. If you don't want to explain yourself, that's all you had to say when I first questioned you about why Impact? Instead you've done zero favors for you and your oversensitive finger snapping self.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with this except we were really blessed to see a long history of 5 guys for one great tag match. Uso's vs. New Day, back when they had Big E with them. But then again, New Day sold a TON of merch, so it made financial sense to keep the group together.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just think about how much easier it would've been had you saved all that nonsense you just posted and simply said "Here's why Impact would be better in comparison to WWE" But you chose to go this route and here we are.

Argument? Dude it's a discussion. If you don't want to explain yourself, that's all you had to say when I first questioned you about why Impact? Instead you've done zero favors for you and your oversensitive finger snapping self.
    He's right though, a discussion w/ you is like shoveling water. You have your set opinion and views, but you should really step outside yourself sometimes. It's why I ignore your posts outside the wrestling sections.

In your eyes you're never ever wrong, even when you're flat out dead wrong.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my wife a DDP Cameo for Mother’s Day and she loved it. He did a 10 minute video. Coolest thing I’ve very gotten her. Hit it out of the park this year. She was so excited to watch it and couldn’t believe it.

So thanks to the guys on here who were talking about Cameo because I’d never heard of it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Got my wife a DDP Cameo for Mother’s Day and she loved it. He did a 10 minute video. Coolest thing I’ve very gotten her. Hit it out of the park this year. She was so excited to watch it and couldn’t believe it.

So thanks to the guys on here who were talking about Cameo because I’d never heard of it.
    Excellent!

I was aware of Cameo but didn’t really pay much heed til work got me that Angle Cameo last year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's super sweet, bro. HMD to your mom

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is his wife his mom?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Is his wife his mom?
    Maybe he wanted to include his mom as well

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I will have to do more investigating.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    He's right though, a discussion w/ you is like shoveling water. You have your set opinion and views, but you should really step outside yourself sometimes. It's why I ignore your posts outside the wrestling sections.

In your eyes you're never ever wrong, even when you're flat out dead wrong.
    It's comical listening to people who won't budge on their own views but I'm supposed to confirm 100% of the time. Interesting take, probably why it doesn't work lol.

Just ask yourself, if you know better, then why even attempt? I know I can't dunk on Jordan, even at his age now he would destroy me.

You're like one of those sovereign citizens who test the police and then can't figure out why you're laying on the ground face down ass up with taser prongs stuck in your bird chest.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done 3 cameos (Waldo Faldo, Bobby Valentine, and the kid who played Percy Weasley) and they've all been great about it.

But 10 minutes? Way to go DDP.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I've done 3 cameos (Waldo Faldo, Bobby Valentine, and the kid who played Percy Weasley) and they've all been great about it.

But 10 minutes? Way to go DDP.
    Bobby V is cool! Didn’t know he did them, I might have to look into getting him to do one for my dad’s birthday coming up soon.

DDP was really great about it. My wife was over the moon when he said he loved our daughter’s names. Dude absolutely crushed it.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby V can go fuck himself.

Yes, this is a sports related take.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have bought one cameo and it was Cesar Bononi because 1. He’s handsome af and 2. Dude has a newborn and a wife with cancer, he could use any money he can get.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife got me a Cameo from Dexter Lumis for my birthday and it was the bee's motherfucking knees.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he talk?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that sounds like a dumb question, however I don’t believe it is

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cameo is creepy as hell. Paying "celebrities" to acknowledge you is super weird. Props to those who participate though, it makes people money and makes other people happy. Me personally I already got what I needed out of these people and vice versa. I was also never big into tracking down people for autographs or if I saw someone famous I didn't try to get a pic.

This is the safer approach where you can feel a little less odd I guess. PG Only Fans basically.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd only pay for Scott steiner. We

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Did he talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I know that sounds like a dumb question, however I don’t believe it is
    Not really a stupid question as you might expect folks to stay in character and he kind of does but he does talk. He just does the eyes and in some others I've seen, has the gloves and maybe says some vaguely creepy stuff, too. She told him i was making a drawing of him, so he wished me a happy birthday, said maybe someday we can sit down and draw together, and thanked me for my fandom and artistic ability. Unfortunately it was really windy so the audio wasn't top notch. I can probably link you to it if you want to see it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd only pay for Scott steiner. We
    Only if he's telling me my chances of beating him at Sacrifice.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "The only way I'd be afraid of Samoa Joe is if I was dressed as a hamburger"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's SMO JO get it right

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I haven't watched this yet but CVV does great interviews so I'm sure it's good.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely going to watch that this week.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God this guy wasn't around 25 years ago. No way wrestling blows up if we had the presentation we've seen in the last 5 years.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    El Phantasmo seems pretty cool.

I don't know that he needs to walk the ropes for 5mins though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    El Phantasmo seems pretty cool.

I don't know that he needs to walk the ropes for 5mins though.
    ELP is pure evil, and he's the goddamn man.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weirdest commercial I’ve ever heard: Stone Cold and Ice-T talking about Tide cold water detergent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weirdest commercial I’ve ever heard: Stone Cold and Ice-T talking about Tide cold water detergent.
    Don't forget Mr. T is also in this commercial lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I don't know much about Nick Gage (I still need to watch Darkside of The Ring) but I'm sure it's another great CVV interview.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about Nick Gage (I still need to watch Darkside of The Ring) but I'm sure it's another great CVV interview.
    I recommend watching this video.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're into why nobody really watches wrestling anymore, check out Nick Gage. He's smart.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CVV also recently interviewed Jim Johnston (who did WWE's music for, like, ever) and it was very interesting. He even plays Taker's theme at the end.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this guy the son of Michael Landsberg?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One nice thing about Hulu is that they still have some of the modern era Superstars shows and obviously Main Event. I've been watching these matches with Ali-Ricochet for the last couple weeks and man they definitely make that show worth watching.

Superstars is fun to go back and watch because you realize just how ridiculous Jinder's push was. The other part that's crazy is that I forgot how irrelevant they made guys like Ryback, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Neville.....Shit even Stardust. 4-5 shows in a row where they're trading wins with Curtis Axel and Hunico....

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thoroughly enjoying Jeff Jarrett and Conrad's new podcast. Since Jeff has previously been reluctant to rehash the past, credit to Conrad for convincing him. Conrad understands how to get the setup / backstory as well as anyone, and Jeff is a good storyteller. Nice to have something on in the background while I am working.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrett is someone who I want to be a fan of and it's almost impossible. I just can't overlook his last run in WCW and his time with TNA. But I praise the fuck out of him for starting TNA and putting on the talent he was able to get so it's very hard to dislike the guy.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrett is someone who I want to be a fan of and it's almost impossible. I just can't overlook his last run in WCW and his time with TNA. But I praise the fuck out of him for starting TNA and putting on the talent he was able to get so it's very hard to dislike the guy.
    I didn't watch most of WCW and very little TNA. As a wrestling fan, I was aware of his work but there's only so much time I can commit to TV in a week - and I had less back then.

I enjoyed hating him when he was in WWE and I'd heard the stories about his leaving after he did the job for Chyna. I am really enjoying his perspective.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I didn't watch most of WCW and very little TNA. As a wrestling fan, I was aware of his work but there's only so much time I can commit to TV in a week - and I had less back then.

I enjoyed hating him when he was in WWE and I'd heard the stories about his leaving after he did the job for Chyna. I am really enjoying his perspective.
    I always thought he did a good job in the WWF both as a wannabe country singer and then with the short hair "Don't Piss Me Off" stuff with Debra and Owen Hart. It was just very hard to digest him as a top tier guy in WCW and even in TNA. If TNA didn't have the big names they've had up until a few years ago it might not have been an issue.

I'll more than likely listen to it. I've barely dabbled in any of Conrad's shows beyond STWW and 83 Weeks. I'll listen to clips on youtube of him with Arn, JR, and Tony Schiavone. I saw a few with Angle that were pretty cool because he's one of my personal best of all time wrestlers. I think I'm missing 1 or 2 podcasts lol.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying Jeff Jarrett and Conrad's new podcast. Since Jeff has previously been reluctant to rehash the past, credit to Conrad for convincing him. Conrad understands how to get the setup / backstory as well as anyone, and Jeff is a good storyteller. Nice to have something on in the background while I am working.
    I'll have to check it out. How the fuck does Conrad do Bischoff, Angle, JR, Arn Bruce and now Jeff??

I know someone else will do all the pre-work, but he must still need to prep as well as run his business. Props to the guy. I listen to Angle, JR and Bruce ones as I was more of a WWE fan, are the others also any good?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I'll have to check it out. How the fuck does Conrad do Bischoff, Angle, JR, Arn Bruce and now Jeff??

I know someone else will do all the pre-work, but he must still need to prep as well as run his business. Props to the guy. I listen to Angle, JR and Bruce ones as I was more of a WWE fan, are the others also any good?
    I mean if you're saying pre-work as in he simply goes online or in his archives of WON or some other dirt sheet writer then yeah. He basically just reads shit and then they discuss what Meltzer or others say about a subject.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he must discuss the format of the show with his guest and structure how the podcast will go I would have thought? It is far too smooth that he just turns up and reads, surely?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Well he must discuss the format of the show with his guest and structure how the podcast will go I would have thought? It is far too smooth that he just turns up and reads, surely?
    For the most part that's what he does do but you were saying something about someone else doing the pre-work. It's Conrad and whoever he's doing the show with whether that's Kurt, JR, etc. going over certain things beforehand but there isn't anyone else involved. Now I could very well be wrong but I've never heard him say anyone helps him research stuff. He always says "In my research"

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their last one was about Owen. I knew they were tag partners, and I still remember his spot on the tribute to Owen on Raw the following night. It was clear they were closer than just that. Both being sons of promoters, they had a lot in common and they spent a lot of time together on the road. This was a heavy, emotional episode, and while some of the memories were still clearly painful, I respect the hell out of Jeff for his candor and honesty. I had forgotten that Jeff was the first to go out to the ring immediately after - as right after the accident they had him cut a promo. He knew the boards in the ring were broken where Owen had fallen. He noted how it has taken him a long time to process some of his thoughts but added that he recognized his talking about it might help someone else process what they may be going through. It's not all about Owen's death, there's a lot about Owen's life as well, which makes it a great tribute to a man we still miss dearly.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    holy fuck that slaughter vs. sheik boot camp match is so good. anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch it. that match IS pro wrestling. you could make an argument it's the best wrestling match of all time. i mean, it's not my pick, but it's so perfect for what it is that you could make a totally plausible argument. what an all time classic.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    holy fuck that slaughter vs. sheik boot camp match is so good. anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch it. that match IS pro wrestling. you could make an argument it's the best wrestling match of all time. i mean, it's not my pick, but it's so perfect for what it is that you could make a totally plausible argument. what an all time classic.
    Slaughter is a much undervalued big man imo. He could take good bumps for his size.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you hear the phrase "monday night raw" and that's where your mind goes. You might be a redneck.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't that apply to either scenario?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you talk to your sister about Monday night raw and you’re not discussing rasslin’, you might be a redneck.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a good thing it wasn't SmackDown.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could have been worse.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about dating online and suggesting Cyber Sunday? She probably would have be disappointed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have added the original tagline they kept repeating the first episode: Uncut, Uncooked, Uncensored

Or maybe she pays him back by promising him to show him some TNA only to bring him to the Impact Zone,

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching Survivor Series 1996, well it's playing in the background and Shawn v. Sid is about to start. If there is one thing I would have ever changed about HBK it's his entrance music. The flipside is that it's so fucking catchy that you sometimes get lost in the moment and stop paying attention to the lyrics. I just think at the very least, he should've changed his music when he returned back in 2002.

It's one of those things where his theme song worked tremendously with this heel persona in the early 90's. I was very happy when DX started and he came out that music instead as it's one of the all-time great songs. But in the world of wrestling, his 2 theme songs are iconic despite the original not really suiting his character in the last 20 years.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Apparently this match happened because Necro Butcher was taking advantage of ROH students at a chikara show, or that's what I read.

Weird hearing Eddie Kingston and CM Punk on commentary.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    https://twitter.com/youthnIust/statu...821780480?s=19

QAnon ref with the fox buzzword full house.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was Ted DiBiase ever a face in WWE?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Wikipedia, he was a face at a few house shows before he made his TV debut and then in the 2000s onward when he was doing sporadic legend-type appearances he would sometimes be a face depending on the situation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently this match happened because Necro Butcher was taking advantage of ROH students at a chikara show, or that's what I read.

Weird hearing Eddie Kingston and CM Punk on commentary.
    First time I've ever heard that. I've always heard that some people thought it was one of the best matches in ROH history. Are you implying that they put Necro in there with Joe and Joe fucked him up? I've seen this match probably 5 times and it's nothing out of the ordinary. I mean, Necro wasn't exactly a bitch so it's not like Joe would've been able to have his way with him without getting his ass beat too.

https://twitter.com/youthnIust/statu...821780480?s=19

QAnon ref with the fox buzzword full house.
    I might be alone here but I would maybe save this for the Asylum in the Politics thread. We get it, you hate the guy, but nobody really gives a shit other than you and if you want to have a discussion maybe post it where people like Tainted or Bert will actually respond instead of trying to bait them.

Was Ted DiBiase ever a face in WWE?
    Technically no. I think he's had some "babyface" moments post-retirement. WWWF I think he was because IIRC Hogan's first match ever in the WWWF was against a young Ted and Hogan was a heel.