Page 205 of 245 FirstFirst ... 195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,500 of 24466

Thread: The VIP Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get Rhea Ripley in here for the gag face?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    It's finally official!

My favorite male and female superstars are going to make a wrestling super baby!
    What's the context for this? They just happened to kiss with photographers around? It looks like they're in the guerrilla position.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What's the context for this? They just happened to kiss with photographers around? It looks like they're in the guerrilla position.
    Becky and Beth Phoenix were going at it on twitter. Edge got involved and then somehow Becky confirmed she was with Seth. Seth then posted that pic with the caption "I guess I can post this now?"

But yeah I mean they're clearly surrounded by photographers so I guess it was meant to come out at some point.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky and Beth Phoenix were going at it on twitter. Edge got involved and then somehow Becky confirmed she was with Seth. Seth then posted that pic with the caption "I guess I can post this now?"

But yeah I mean they're clearly surrounded by photographers so I guess it was meant to come out at some point.
    So it's all Becky's fault, lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Jackson kissed Lisa Marie Presley with more emotion than what we're seeing in that pic lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big E fancing Becky's mum and saying he's out til 2021.

Twitter is just a promo machine now but it is entertaining.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that these talents go on Twitter and seem to be 100x more entertaining than what we see of them on t.v. Even the people who are actually entertaining on t.v., once the reigns loosen, they're even better. I'm even entertained by Baron Corbin on social media, on t.v. he's fucking pitiful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Triple H is reportedly “the most frustrated person” in WWE

The stories we’ve heard about people being frustrated with Vince McMahon have been confirmed by many people in the company and it’s no secret that wrestlers are looking at their options when their contracts expire.

In the last week, Triple H seemed to acknowledge to the fans that he knows change is needed but there’s not much he can do until Vince McMahon decides to step aside. Triple H recently liked and then unliked these two fan tweets:

Richard Gutierrez
    @richgutierrez18
    @VinceMcMahon maybe the problem with the Raw and SmackDown ratings isn't due to wrestlers injured, it's that you put confusing and pointless storylines. Although it wouldn't hurt if you gave your wrestlers insurance. Just a thought @StephMcMahon @TripleH @WWE

Some of the usual stories (and some new ones) were confirmed on Wade Keller’s Pro Wrestling Post-Show when a close friend of three WWE writers called into his show after Monday Night Raw. It’s very clear that the buck stops with Vince McMahon and it doesn’t look like real change is coming anytime soon.

Here are things said on the podcast by the close friend of three current WWE writers:

– WWE’s problems are not the fault of the writers. “No one should rip on WWE creative. They have some of the most brilliant, unbelievable cool ideas that I’ve ever heard…” He was told, “We’re writing for an audience of one and never forget that [and if not] you’re out of here.”

– “The most frustrated person in the back every single night is Triple H. He’ll always take, especially the NXT guys, under his wing. It looks like he’s consoling them. It looks so much like he was the most frustrated person in the building every single night.”

– The Wild Card Rule was not in the script on the morning of the show.

– The Superstar Shake-Up changed week to week and it didn’t pan out how it was originally laid out months prior. Everything changed because Vince just decided to change it.

– He talked about the turnover with so many backstage people quitting or being fired.

– SmackDown and Raw writing teams are the same for both shows. They used to be separate but that changed recently after the Shake-Up.

– The caller emphasized that the problems in WWE are not creative’s fault and Vince McMahon is the one person who deserves the blame.

– Vince wants suggestions from everyone but it never gets on TV. 99 out of 100 times you can come up with an idea for Vince and it won’t be used.

– The entire creative team has pitched to have Raw and SmackDown look completely different with different production, a different way of shooting things, etc. and McMahon shoots it down.

– Vince McMahon doesn’t keep track of what is going on with NXT. He “maybe” watches Takeover shows.

– The writers say he just watches WWE and works out and is not aware of things going on in the real world.

– The writers say there is no chance of Vince stepping down.

– Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker for the last 3 years. She goes to the Performance Center, she shows up early and helps set up the ring and she gets in the ring so she can get better. Creative will pitch something for her and she gets nothing up until recently with MITB.

– The caller offered to tell Wade Keller off the air of some cool storylines that were pitched and never used.

– The writer he talked to said, “we’re all working for Dana Warrior and it’s really awkward.”

– The WWE-Fox contract prohibits Fox from moving the show to FS1 even if the ratings drop.

– One writer is very close to quitting because he is so “unbelievably unhappy” and many of the writers are paranoid and think they are close to being fired.

– “It’s such a toxic atmosphere and it’s all because of one person.”

– When Neville walked out, there was a crazy shouting match and he flipped out on Vince McMahon and that was the last time they saw him. The writers praised Neville for being so easy to work with.

– Ideas never pan out as originally planned because writers will come up with stuff and then Vince loses interest after a week or two. He used Mojo Rawley as an example.

– The money is good and it’s a dream job for many writers but it gets frustrating. The talent is very unhappy and people are trying to get out of their contracts.

– The writers say Bruce Prichard is a pleasure to work with. “He’s a funny guy and a pleasure to work with but he’s not getting through to Vince either.”

– Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have tried to talk to Vince but it hasn’t worked.

– The people on the writing staff listens to podcasts and they hear fans bashing them. “It breaks their heart,” he said.

– Vince is in the announcer’s ear “to a sentence” and he gets on them for tiny mistakes.

– On Sami Zayn: “That’s not Sami Zayn’s promos. That’s Vince McMahon talking through Sami Zayn.”

– There are 37 total writers and they are now working on both shows.

– NBCUniversal and FOX both want the top stars.

– Andrade went into Vince’s office and asked for a legit push. Vince looked at him and said, “learn some English and get back to me.” Andrade spoke some English last week and he’s been taking English lessons.

– The Firefly Fun House stuff is all Bray Wyatt’s idea. Bray is described is an “absolute genius” and he helps other wrestlers with their promos. “He’s one of the best guys in the locker room.”

– The writers he talked to say they loved when there was a real brand split.

– He mentioned The Revival/Usos storyline being done because Vince just thinks its funny.

– Some of the writers think Road Dogg will eventually end up in AEW. (Note: Road Dogg is currently on hiatus and there’s no word on when he will be back or what he would be doing if he returns).
    Some interesting bits in here. Depressing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but it's all the same old.

The best thing that can possibly happen is for AEW to make a fucking dent. A scrape. A scratch. Anything.

Vince was still peddling goofy 80s shit well into the 90s. When the company was barely turning a profit he still didn't want to change. Then WCW started making themselves into real competition and suddenly Vince was open to new ideas.

Competition. Vince needs it or this is just going to go on and on.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd love to be a writer and deal with Vince McMahon. I'd honesty love it. Though I'd probably pitch ideas that Vince would love

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took one marketing class in college. The most basic principle the Instructor told us is not to think that customers like what you like. The WWE is just Vince's personal playground, not an actually product designed to appeal to it's customer base. We just get lucky from time to time when something cool actually happens, like Kofi's 'Mania moment and the early part of Becky's run last year.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but it's all the same old.

The best thing that can possibly happen is for AEW to make a fucking dent. A scrape. A scratch. Anything.

Vince was still peddling goofy 80s shit well into the 90s. When the company was barely turning a profit he still didn't want to change. Then WCW started making themselves into real competition and suddenly Vince was open to new ideas.

Competition. Vince needs it or this is just going to go on and on.
    Even if AEW gets sone big names, I imagine it will still probably take years for them to compete with WWE due to the money, advertising and how easily accessible it is plus the sheer mass of content every week. There's the network too which is dirt cheap plus their massive social media presence.

All AEW has at the moment is being on TNT. It's something at least for them but how many people actually watch shows on there now? WCW was able to compete with them on TNT but they had the bmoney and WWE was not the massive corporate global machine it is today and WCW still lost. It would take a long, long time for them to even make a dent and Vince won't be sweating to make the changes as he has the monopoly.

It would be far quicker for Vince to step down to improve things in WWE, but he's way too stubborn so that isn't happening til he's in a coffin or if his mental health drops dramatically and he's forced to step down due to his mental health.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They got Earl Hebner, they'll be on top in no time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If AEW comes in thinking about competing with the WWE they're going to be paddling up shit's creek with a toothpick. We don't need to hear disgruntled anti-WWE promos. We don't need AEW to try and do everything WWE doesn't do while not doing anything they do that actually works. Bischoff somehow managed for awhile to balance that but eventually he along with those after him went down the path of "What is the WWE doing? We should do that!"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    They got Earl Hebner, they'll be on top in no time.
    Dave Hebner or gtfo.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not confirmed but quite big rumours that WWE programming is moving from sky sports to bt sports for the next cycle.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is that good news or bad news? I've heard of Sky Sports but not BT sports. Is that a lesser network?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Seth "cm punk" rollins
    Last edited by virmicious; May 16th, 2019 at 8:35 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Wow, they've been on Sky permanently since the early 90s, even longer.

Not surprised though, the ratings have been abysmal, the last I heard.

As long as you can watch on the BT Sport app, my son will still be able to watch Raw and Smackdown.

And I can now dump most of my Sky Sports channels, just keeping the footie.

Assuming WWE does go to BT, that is.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BT Sports has circa 2m subscribers. Sky sports has many more so potentially its a worse deal but i think Sky were a bit pissed off during the last renewal as WWE sold it as a premium service then immediately launched the network which hurt sky slightly.

I doubt it will make too much difference to viewing figures overall though. I think the current contract ends in December so end of the year looks to be the start point if the rumours are true

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    After watching part of RAW this week, it's really bad when reading the restults is more exciting than watch the actual show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyatt and JoJo just had a baby in real life...

This is totally THE reason he is doing this Firefly Fun House gimmick.

He's doing it for his child.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Bray Wyatt and JoJo just had a baby in real life...

This is totally THE reason he is doing this Firefly Fun House gimmick.

He's doing it for his child.
    Well I mean. He has a bunch of kids. But yeah this may be kind of an inspiration. Thinking about kids shows and things.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say I am really glad the folks who post in the main page comments section haven't found their way onto the boards.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I just want to say I am really glad the folks who post in the main page comments section haven't found their way onto the boards.
    Agreed. Those people are a toy short of a Happy Meal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know? I've read plenty of comments on the board that sound just like the main page comments.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The types of comments I had in mind are not generally things I've seen said here, thankfully.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caught a Cesaro/Cedric Alexander match from Main Event tonight. Good stuff, but a little bit sloppy from Cedric. Those two have some solid chemistry and I'm constantly confused as to why two great wrestlers are wasted on the C-show that nobody watches on the Network.

Also, EC3 and Cedric had a killer match on another episode of Main Event. Fuck Dolph Ziggler, EC3 should be the guy being built up as Kofi's next World Championship contender. That dude has it all. There isn't a single attribute that would give Vince McMahon a raging boner attack that EC3 doesn't have. Except for having the "TNA stink" on him. This guy should be a big damn deal, not wrestling on Main Event.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys think is the reason why EC3 got soured on? Why is he not on NXT? I think NXT needs him way more than the main roster. It was a mistake to send him up so soon

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they just signed him to take him off the board from the competition. To the best of my recollection, it's not like he was doing a lot in NXT either. It's not like he was off TV there but there wasn't a lot of direction for him there. So to me, it felt like it was Mysterio-like move but to a much, much smaller degree.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    What do you guys think is the reason why EC3 got soured on? Why is he not on NXT? I think NXT needs him way more than the main roster. It was a mistake to send him up so soon
    I have to think in some way the fact he's a TNA creation head to toe despite starting out in NXT/WWE is a negative. There's one thing to be Samoa Joe or AJ Styles. That's not a gimmick, that's who they are. EC3 is a TNA name. His gimmick is a Dixie Carter creation. He never really got any momentum going in NXT and when he got called up I thought shit, perfect, his gimmick could work on a bigger scale. But again, it's a TNA gimmick.

For sure it was a mistake to send him to the main roster, especially the way they did it. And they gave him a W over Ambrose and then didn't do anything and haven't since. If WWE could embrace the gimmick like they started at the beginning in NXT but kept him a heel, he could be something.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched much of his TNA work but I heard he's really good on the mic. It's surprising because someone who looks the way he does and has the charisma is something Vince usually loves. I do buy your TNA creation theory though. It could be it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I haven't watched much of his TNA work but I heard he's really good on the mic. It's surprising because someone who looks the way he does and has the charisma is something Vince usually loves. I do buy your TNA creation theory though. It could be it.
    The thing is, I sort of remember him back in the early NXT days and he was kind of a cornball like he is now so there was potential. His gimmick surprisingly worked well for him in TNA, I barely watched when he was at the top but I saw him beat Sting. Right there I was like, fuck here's the next big thing in TNA. Sting rarely put over guys that weren't established elsewhere first.

I saw they paired him up with "Drake Maverick", are they still doing that?

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The thing is, I sort of remember him back in the early NXT days and he was kind of a cornball like he is now so there was potential. His gimmick surprisingly worked well for him in TNA, I barely watched when he was at the top but I saw him beat Sting. Right there I was like, fuck here's the next big thing in TNA. Sting rarely put over guys that weren't established elsewhere first.

I saw they paired him up with "Drake Maverick", are they still doing that?
    It worked so well in TNA because he had added heat being Dixie's "nephew" so he was pushed to the top undeservedly. It doesn't work in WWE now because he has no character and EC3 is just a name essentially and they won't explain where it came from.

He definitely got moved up too soon since he's come back. He's not been really bad or anything in NXT, just kinda there. Best thing about his return has been his theme song.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It worked so well in TNA because he had added heat being Dixie's "nephew" so he was pushed to the top undeservedly. It doesn't work in WWE now because he has no character and EC3 is just a name essentially and they won't explain where it came from.

He definitely got moved up too soon since he's come back. He's not been really bad or anything in NXT, just kinda there. Best thing about his return has been his theme song.
    NXT they kind of started telling the story. Top 1%'er and all that jazz. But they had him as a babyface which didn't really work to his character's advantage. Unfortunately if you're in the top 1% you're automatically going to thrive as a heel.

If I'm the WWE I'm doing 3 things:

Enhancing his presence by giving us vignettes of him living the 1% life.

Keep "Drake Maverick" with him in the same role they had together in TNA

Add a tag-team AND a female to his entourage.

Basically just bank on what TNA was already doing because other than that, like it was said before, he was more than likely signed just to keep a solid talent out of TNA.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT they kind of started telling the story. Top 1%'er and all that jazz. But they had him as a babyface which didn't really work to his character's advantage. Unfortunately if you're in the top 1% you're automatically going to thrive as a heel.

If I'm the WWE I'm doing 3 things:

Enhancing his presence by giving us vignettes of him living the 1% life.

Keep "Drake Maverick" with him in the same role they had together in TNA

Add a tag-team AND a female to his entourage.

Basically just bank on what TNA was already doing because other than that, like it was said before, he was more than likely signed just to keep a solid talent out of TNA.
    Yeah he should be heel plus he's a great talker but he's not been given as much mic time on his return or much to say when he does either. It's just been the same thing shoehorning the one percenter catchphrase at the end. The titantron and song is fantastic, but they need to develop him better, preferably with a heel turn if they have big plans for him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering how "Robert" Roode has been handled, it doesn't surprise me they have no interest in giving EC3 any sort of push.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering how "Robert" Roode has been handled, it doesn't surprise me they have no interest in giving EC3 any sort of push.
    At least Roode has been featured on TV fairly regularly.

EC3 is almost non existent. Maybe if someone put a cape on him...

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, just team EC3 up with Robert Roode and you'd have all your bases covered. Give them Drake Maverick as their manager. When Rhazor or Salami or whichever one of the Authors Of Pain get healthy again, they can be their first feud. Babyface Authors vs. The Glorious 1%.

And then from there, set up The Authors vs. The Experienced Viking War Raiders.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Roode has been featured on TV fairly regularly.

EC3 is almost non existent. Maybe if someone put a cape on him...
    I'll give you that. Earlier in the year when EC3 first started popping up, Roode was still on tv regularly with Gable. Ever since he grew the stache, he's barely been on. Now the guy is in the 24/7 mob. You don't give a guy a stache like that and not put it all over tv. Roode was featured pretty much every week as a face, but that was a waste of his talents. They finally turned him heel and now decide not to do anything with him.

If Vince has issues because EC3 is a TNA gimmick, then just give him a new one. As people have pointed out, if they weren't going to do anything with him, they should have put him in NXT.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's really just a matter of too much talent. It's the same talent featured week after week, and nobody else ever gets a chance. I think WWE should just let most of the roster go. Then they can go to AEW.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that opens up an interesting question. How much talent is AEW willing to take on right now? Not everyone who wants to go there is going to get signed. Tye Dillinger, aka Shawn Spears, was in the Battle Royal at Double or Nothing, but hasn't signed a deal. It might just be a one time appearance.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you think about it, I think AEW is going to have one show, and that's 2 hours. You don't want too many people on your roster because like WWE, people won't get a chance to shine. Cody, Bucks, Omega, Ambrose, and Jericho are probably going to eat up a lot of their time. They should have a show like WCW Saturday Night or WWF Superstars that airs on the weekends to feature lesser talent. And I doubt AEW wants to be seen as WWE Jr, much like TNA was. They need to focus on new people and building new people up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW seems like the kind of company that’d be willing to have a bit of an open door policy. At least for guys that won’t be their featured players. Hell, John Moxley is working for them and Japan. They’ll work around where guys are working and getting booked and bring them in when they can. EC3 doesn’t have to be full time, he can work there for four months and still work elsewhere too.

Its the anti-WWE thing to do. And that’ll lure a lot of guys to work for them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert Roode and EC3 is the most natural tag team they have that isn't already teaming, so you know it won't happen

Instead we'll end up with Ricochet/Cesaro as a team

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW should focus on a core roster and not worry too much about whether they can get Dalton Castle to come in for a couple shots. It's hard to get invested in talent if the door is revolving and you only see 3 or 4 guys every week but 40 different wrestlers alternating every month or so. It sounds cool but how do you credit AEW with anything if their entire roster is built on who is established in other promotions?

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert Roode and EC3 is the most natural tag team they have that isn't already teaming, so you know it won't happen

I disagree as there's zero history behind them except being big in TNA. I think they're both natural heel single stars that are not being used to their full heel potential. Roode's done the tag team thing to death and EC3 is better on his own but they don't know how to utilise him properly without tag team references.

They can both flourish as singles guys if WWE wants allows them to but if they pair them up to be another thrown together heel team to be shoved under the bus then break them up later then meh.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, Ricochet and Cesaro would be a fucking killer team.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Ricochet and Cesaro would be a fucking killer team.
    I'd ultimately rather see them singles and tear it up on their own but wouldn't have a big objection to them teaming up as they would gel well.

On another note about Ricochet, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to add ricochet sound effects to his entrance so the audience gets his name? So unnecessary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree as there's zero history behind them except being big in TNA. I think they're both natural heel single stars that are not being used to their full heel potential. Roode's done the tag team thing to death and EC3 is better on his own but they don't know how to utilise him properly without tag team references.

They can both flourish as singles guys if WWE wants allows them to but if they pair them up to be another thrown together heel team to be shoved under the bus then break them up later then meh.

Just their characters and physiques. It wouldn't be too big of a stretch to see videos of them working out, sitting by the pool, driving in convertibles. they both wear sparkly little trunks and look like 80s porn stars/bodybuilder/Venice Beach type. They both think they are better than everyone. Roode is basically Rick Roode, and EC3 is Narcissist Lex Luger/Rick Martel.

I think they would make an entertaining duo in the WWE. I'd rather see them as WWE Title contenders, but in WWE i see them more as a tag team.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just their characters and physiques. It wouldn't be too big of a stretch to see videos of them working out, sitting by the pool, driving in convertibles. they both wear sparkly little trunks and look like 80s porn stars/bodybuilder/Venice Beach type. They both think they are better than everyone. Roode is basically Rick Roode, and EC3 is Narcissist Lex Luger/Rick Martel.

I think they would make an entertaining duo in the WWE. I'd rather see them as WWE Title contenders, but in WWE i see them more as a tag team.
    I can see the similarities, but I think they'd be big enough personalities on their own plus I'm bored of seeing Roode in yet another tag team. He's better than being a Billy Gunn perennial tag team wrestler if they let him heel it up properly. They probably would break them up sooner or later.

Also they know each other from TNA and WWE would have to pretend they've never met before.
    Last edited by Badger; May 29th, 2019 at 9:10 PM.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ultimately rather see them singles and tear it up on their own but wouldn't have a big objection to them teaming up as they would gel well.

On another note about Ricochet, why the fuck did they think it was a good idea to add ricochet sound effects to his entrance so the audience gets his name? So unnecessary.
    Oh yeah, I'd prefer them as singles guys, too, I'm just saying they're both terrific to watch in the ring and would be a cool combo of styles and make for a damn good team if that was what happened, is all. Like, it wouldn't be my first choice of what to do with them but it's also not a bad option.

I had heard about the sound effect and was worried but when I watched MITB and heard it for the first time, I didn't think it was that bad. It's kind of a nice little attention grabber like other folks' themes have had (glass break or a catchphrase opener or whatever).

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I'd prefer them as singles guys, too, I'm just saying they're both terrific to watch in the ring and would be a cool combo of styles and make for a damn good team if that was what happened, is all. Like, it wouldn't be my first choice of what to do with them but it's also not a bad option.

I had heard about the sound effect and was worried but when I watched MITB and heard it for the first time, I didn't think it was that bad. It's kind of a nice little attention grabber like other folks' themes have had (glass break or a catchphrase opener or whatever).
    Oh yeah I agree they'd do well together. I think in Cesaro's case in particular I'd love them to give him a full on push on his own. Best talker? No but certainly not bad and good enough. His style is what really gets him over and I'd like to see him WWE champ in the next couple of years. Whether the top brass will ever see him that eay who knows?

"The One and Only" and music beforehand should be enough grab their attention. The glass smash for Austin and "Do You Smell What the Rock Is Cooking?" were iconic but a bullet pinging around doesn't have the same effect in my view. He's already got "The One and Only", the bullet sound just seems added on.
    Last edited by Badger; May 29th, 2019 at 9:44 PM.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as I agree, I think the ship has sailed on Cesaro getting to the top of the card. Could at least be a strong midcard champ.

I'll admit the sound effect on top of the "One and Only" makes for a bit of a cluttered entrance. I just expected worse when i read about "cartoon sound effects" in his entrance.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen/heard Cesaro's new solo entrance...

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as I agree, I think the ship has sailed on Cesaro getting to the top of the card. Could at least be a strong midcard champ.

I'll admit the sound effect on top of the "One and Only" makes for a bit of a cluttered entrance. I just expected worse when i read about "cartoon sound effects" in his entrance.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen/heard Cesaro's new solo entrance...
    As little as it is, I still have slim hope that they do something for Cesaro eventually after what they eventually did for Kofi.

I like Cesaro's new entrance. The music, body poses in the video and the lights lighting up. Much better than that mashed Bar theme they gave him when they split up.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To save you looking it up:

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh damn, I REALLY like that a lot.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is dang awesome! So glad he finally has a proper entrance theme.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels unfinished. Like it's the start of something that will be reworked later on. It has potential though.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The thing you do with Cesaro is have him hold the US or Intecontinental title, and do the weekly challenge that John Cena used to do, because I'm pretty sure Cesaro can have a great match with anyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to EC3 real quick. The word seems to be that his push was stopped because he's being punished. He was wrestling Ambrose at house shows, and the crowd was cheering for Dean even though he was a heel. That pissed off Vince who wanted to bury Ambrose on his way out. I guess it's EC3's fault for not getting the crowd behind him
    Last edited by Sasori; May 30th, 2019 at 4:43 PM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    It feels unfinished. Like it's the start of something that will be reworked later on. It has potential though.
    It's certainly no 'Miracle'

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to EC3 real quick. The word seems to be that his push was stopped because he's being punished. He was wrestling Ambrose at house shows, and the crowd was cheering for Dean even though he was a heel. That pissed off Vince who wanted to bury Ambrose on his way out. I guess it's EC3's fault for not getting the crowd behind him
    Almost all of that sounds like what Ambrose was talking about on TIJ, everything but the the punishment part.... I never once heard that EC3 was being punished because fans were cheering Ambrose over him at house shows.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me like its Vince's fault for trying to push the rich asshole with a tan like a movie star and the body of a Greek God to be some sort of babyface against Dean Ambrose. I know they tried to do that Dark Knight Rises Bane crap with Deano, but that was doomed to fail. People liked and respected Deano, EC3 is somebody you'd hate watch on The Jersey Shore and secretly hope gets hit by a bus or robbed by a hobo on the boardwalk.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just seems beyond idiotic.

They were putting one of their biggest names in a ring with someone that, outside of the 150k people watching Impact, nobody has ever heard of. On top of that they were doing nothing to make it clear that EC3 was even supposed to be a babyface at that time.

I mean that's so dumb it makes me doubt how true it is. It's just too stupid to feel possible.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came from Meltzer so

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as I agree, I think the ship has sailed on Cesaro getting to the top of the card.
    I wouldn't give up just yet.

While he won't win, I can see Cesaro being a PPV stretch opponent for Rollins.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    well we've still got 3 or 4 months left of the baron corbin feud. then maybe drew mcintyre. maybe another corbin feud after that. so it'll be a while.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Cesaro to win the big belt at next years' Mania? A year ago, how many would have predicted Kofi-mania?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I still like WWE, I enjoy it whenever I watch it, but it's so drastic in nature from years ago. I think the problem is that it's treated as a TV show, I mean you hear stories about what like 20 writers on staff? So then you're gonna have so many ideas floating around that some really good ones get lost in the shuffle. I can imagine writing 7-10 hours of TV can be draining, but each show should have a team or 3 or 4 people. Write out a show, maybe coordinate with the other shows once a week to make sure everyone is on the same page. But you gotta keep the rosters separate. No wild card rule. It'd be much easier on creative as all they'd have to worry about is their one show and making it the best possible. Occasionally have crossover storylines, which are featured at Night of Champions or Survivor Series. And Vince, he's great and all, but I think with so many people picking his ear it's just getting worse.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like WWE, I enjoy it whenever I watch it, but it's so drastic in nature from years ago. I think the problem is that it's treated as a TV show, I mean you hear stories about what like 20 writers on staff? So then you're gonna have so many ideas floating around that some really good ones get lost in the shuffle. I can imagine writing 7-10 hours of TV can be draining, but each show should have a team or 3 or 4 people. Write out a show, maybe coordinate with the other shows once a week to make sure everyone is on the same page. But you gotta keep the rosters separate. No wild card rule. It'd be much easier on creative as all they'd have to worry about is their one show and making it the best possible. Occasionally have crossover storylines, which are featured at Night of Champions or Survivor Series. And Vince, he's great and all, but I think with so many people picking his ear it's just getting worse.
    And 1 re-writer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are definitely too many people helping write the show and offer ideas. It's one thing to have people who specifically work on the look of a wrestler, the look of a ppv, but when it comes to storylines and who should get pushed.....You should really only have a core group of people PLUS the talent. When did the WWE stop having the talent be just as involved?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I liked it when James E blamed Joey Ryan for Joey drawing attention to the fact that James E is a raging homophobe. #cancelCornette

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette is an idiot. Imagine thinking wrestling can kayfabe the audience in the social media generation.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surely I you're a homophobe in the wrestling industry you're a closet homosexual?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette is no homophobe. He doesn't like Joey because the shit he does is silly and stupid. He defends gay rights against republican nut jobs on his podcasts all the time.

And he does mourn the death of kayfabe but that doesn't make invisible hand grenades, super kicking 5 year Olds or wrestling blow up dolls any less stupid. It isn't about kayfabe. It's about not ruining suspension of disbelief.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    His comments were about Sonny Kiss, Joey Flagged them up.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's deleted it since.

Makes you wonder why the talent is so cool with mentioning AEW.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn was allowed to mention it on Raw. If he wasn't it would have been censored.

I think they're lax with it because they don't see AEW as a real threat, plus any mentions that are deleted is just to get a buzz going,

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then why's Zayn's AEW comment edited out in the recap/highlight videos?

EDIT
    Sorry, just got what you meant.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    But then why's Zayn's AEW comment edited out in the recap/highlight videos?

EDIT
    Sorry, just got what you meant.
    I read that Zayn gets leeways with his promos and there's a few seconds delay between what's actually said and what's aired. If they really didn't want it aired then he would have been cut off there and then.They knew.

They have self-awareness with the AEW mentions but they're not really worried andlike the buzz.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    His comments were about Sonny Kiss, Joey Flagged them up.
    So the guy who gets shit on the most by Jim Cornette out of anyone including Kenny Omega and Vince Russo took something Cornette said and made it into something bigger than it should be?

And honestly, who the fuck is Jim Cornette? He doesn't have any history of being homophobic, racist, etc. whatever.....But who cares? Is he influencing any wrestling company? He doesn't work for any wrestling company.

I'd honestly like to know what part of that 20 second comment people found to be homophobic?

If you ask me, and I know you didn't but oh well, people like you are the ones who are looking for something to be homophobic so you create this response that actually makes YOU look homophobic. Cornette basically said the guy looked like a shitty drag queen. So was that the homophobic part? That he didn't praise his look? Is it his responsibility as simply a fan to know every little detail about every wrestler? Plenty of wrestlers who are not gay have portrayed "gay" characters in wrestling. Are they homophobic for insinuating that's how a gay person acts?

Fuck Joey Ryan. Everything about him is so "try-hard" To the point where he's now stuck in a gimmick where nobody pops for him unless he's grabbing dicks and pussies like some weird perv. I guess the fact he lets other men grab his cock makes people ok with his pussy plex bullshit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joey Ryan has always sucked.

I just watched PWG’s BOLA 2006 tournament last night, and James Gibson/Jamie Noble had to strap on his carrying boots to get anything good out of Joey Ryan. And that was pre-dick grabbing, when Ryan actually had to try, and stupid people didn’t pop for everything he did with his dick.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fucking embarrassing. And no, I don't need to be reminded me of every other stupid fucking moment in wrestling history. But Joey Ryan....I mean to be honest I could get down with the dude if he didn't feel the need to be such a try-hard. It has done really nothing for his career.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sami Zayn does, and has done, nothing for me ever. Him and Kevin Owens may be the most stale wrestlers on the roster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Zayn does, and has done, nothing for me ever. Him and Kevin Owens may be the most stale wrestlers on the roster.
    They MAY BE is a key term in this post you've made lol. Because you definitely haven't noticed 98% of the roster. I get not liking what they're about, but STALE? Actually 98% of the roster is pretty stale right now other than Sami Zayn and he's only interesting because it's fun listening to him rip wrestling fans a new ass.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They MAY BE is a key term in this post you've made lol. Because you definitely haven't noticed 98% of the roster. I get not liking what they're about, but STALE? Actually 98% of the roster is pretty stale right now other than Sami Zayn and he's only interesting because it's fun listening to him rip wrestling fans a new ass.
    You're right about that come to think of it. WWE is stale. Time to shake it up Vinnie Mac!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn is certified Fresh!

You're right about that come to think of it. WWE is stale. Time to shake it up Vinnie Mac!
    If Vince shook things up anymore, we'd all get physically ill.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely don't expect a 70+ year old man to have his finger on the pulse of anything other than making sure the wheels are spinning on the business end.

And I say that meaning he might not be able to relate to someone in their 20's and 30's on that person's vision. It's one thing if Vince has a gimmick in mind and Triple H goes "Hey Matt Riddle would be perfect for this...." But don't just make up some shit as you go along lol. That feels like what happened with Dean. Vince probably didn't know Dean very well or see his vision like Dean saw it, so there's the clash at demonhead right there.

But Vince imo could probably still look @ certain wrestlers and formulas and know it will work because there are certain elements of pro wrestling that will always work. Good v. Evil. Family feuds. It's just the execution and those characters involved that he struggles with imo. But again, find me anyone who's done it better because I don't see them on this level. The only company who came remotely close were bending the knee to a network that hated pro wrestling anyway other than the guy who ran it at the time, and Vince had zero to do with their demise other than get better ratings. That wasn't the stake in the heart, that was like Triple H having his way with Katie Vick.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no doubt you gotta respect Vince for all he's done. He is/ was the best promoter in the business and made a lot of gimmicks and characters work moreso than ones went wrong. He took wrestling out of the territories and launched it on a national and global scale like no-one ever has.

The problem is he doesn't know when to say when and not very receptive to new ideas now if HHH is anything to go by. He's stubborn and micromanages the cimmentating yelling everything in their headsets. He needs to let go of the reigns or at least loosen them for now otherwise his legacy is being somewhat tarnished.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its funny that a lot of people look at Triple H, who's nearing 50-something, as the "younger and hipper" alternative to Vince McMahon.

Weird to think, isn't it?

Here's the thing; no promoter or booker of a wrestling company is perfect all the time. I guarantee you that once Vince retires into a pine box, there's going to be a million and one quirks to Triple H's booking philosophies that'll drive us all up a wall, after the freshness wears off.

Like I said, Triple H is almost 50. Dude spends all his time working out when he's not doing business or wrestling. He's in the "wrestling bubble" too, almost as much as Vince. Even he can't stay "the cool guy" who's hip to the indie scene and knows who has the buzz and needs to be brought in forever.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Its funny that a lot of people look at Triple H, who's nearing 50-something, as the "younger and hipper" alternative to Vince McMahon.

Weird to think, isn't it?

Here's the thing; no promoter or booker of a wrestling company is perfect all the time. I guarantee you that once Vince retires into a pine box, there's going to be a million and one quirks to Triple H's booking philosophies that'll drive us all up a wall, after the freshness wears off.

Like I said, Triple H is almost 50. Dude spends all his time working out when he's not doing business or wrestling. He's in the "wrestling bubble" too, almost as much as Vince. Even he can't stay "the cool guy" who's hip to the indie scene and knows who has the buzz and needs to be brought in forever.
    Yet HHH is surrounding himself and building a team of experienced people from different backgrounds and certainly appears to be receptive to new ideas. If HHH continues to do this when control is handed over then there won't be an issue.

In comparison Vince has had the same old hands for years who from the outside appear to be yes men and tow the line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone respond to "what exactly did Jim Cornette say that people consider homophobic, in regads to Sonny Kiss"?

I listened to the whole show, and all of Jim's shows, and I heard nothing homophobic.

If anything, he said they need to explain "why the fuck he/she/it looks like that" which is true. What's his goal? Motivation? Why dress like a lady in a fight? What gives? Why should I like you? Why should I hate you? What should I do, as a fan?

During his AEW review, during the Best Friends he said these are two guys "who dont have the balls to be gay". Is that homophobic? I'm confused.

Jim has said so much worse shit, why is this the line you draw?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone respond to "what exactly did Jim Cornette say that people consider homophobic, in regads to Sonny Kiss"?

I listened to the whole show, and all of Jim's shows, and I heard nothing homophobic.

If anything, he said they need to explain "why the fuck he/she/it looks like that" which is true. What's his goal? Motivation? Why dress like a lady in a fight? What gives? Why should I like you? Why should I hate you? What should I do, as a fan?

During his AEW review, during the Best Friends he said these are two guys "who dont have the balls to be gay". Is that homophobic? I'm confused.

Jim has said so much worse shit, why is this the line you draw?
    Some took it as a personal shot toward Sonny Kiss when it was moreso Cornette just being tongue in cheek about the way the wrestler looked. Dude is 60 and he's just used to making cracks about feminine looking men. In this day and age, implying someone might be a transvestite causes mass hysteria for some. Add to it that it's Jim Cornette and here we are.

Again I didn't find anything he said to be as offensive as it's being portrayed. I mean, Joey Ryan hates Cornette and vice versa. Joey is mad because he's a try hard and try hard's in wrestling only appeal to a small small % of the worldwide fanbase. Ryan is just Val Venis with the volume turned up lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though Val can actually wrestle...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though Val can actually wrestle...
    Joey Ryan could be a manager. I remember his pairing with ultra boring Matt Morgan and it worked pretty well, but that was damn near 10 years ago I think lol. I'm just not a fan of this type of shit. It's just too much. It'd be like if a female's finisher was a bronco buster but she made them tap out due to the stench.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be like if a female's finisher was a bronco buster but she made them tap out due to the stench.
    I bet Waltman asked Chyna and he was tapping out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Waltman asked Chyna and he was tapping out.
    I bet but have you seen her Vivid porns? I own 2 of them, she's hot as fuck in those.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was introduced to Joey Ryan via Lucha Underground. The only thing I remember about his matches were the entrances.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was introduced to Joey Ryan via Lucha Underground. The only thing I remember about his matches were the entrances.
    I think if he dialed it down and didn't rely so much on the shock value of his penis fetish then he'd be a solid character. TBH, not even sure what his gimmick is, I'm just kind of guessing it's literally what you see. The guy with a strong cock....wow. And why this appeals to people is beyond me but hey I still haven't fully grasped New Day.