User Tag List

Page 4 of 245 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PINFALL Magazine Podcast is back with Episode 4! We talk about RAW, WrestleMania, and potential for Punk/Austin. I'd love to get some feedback guys, and I plan on posting every episode on the Rajah main page from here on out. Mind you, I did not have my actual microphone hooked up, so my end kind of sounds like shit this week.

http://pinfallmagazine.podomatic.com...22_41_17-07_00

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Tonight on FOX. Damn good card if you've got the free time to watch.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Im not really that fussed, but shouldn't that be in the MMA forum?

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking last night about the Smarks being unhappy with the booking. I imagine that people making the decisions aren't that out of touch with what the WWE Universe wants & expects from their wrestling product. It made me start thinking about why fans aren't getting what they want. It's almost blatant the way WWE turns it's back on what the Fans want. I think it's not an accident. I think it could possibly be a bigger plan in place to "Create" another Boom in wrestling.

Some may think I'm nuts or crazy but is it too much to think that the decision makers in WWE are depriving Smarks of what they want in order to create another boom in wrestling? Not for nothing but gearing the business back to Kids isn't bad buisness for WWE either. WWE has built a brand new audience in this PG Era and Those same children will grow tired of the current product and will then bear witness to the "New Attitude Era". Basically I feel like the WWE might be making the business sort of like a Cycle. Right now we are currently in the late 80's of professional wrestling, when it was geared towards kids (Like Myself) those same kids became Die Hard wrestling fans. And I think that building a new generation of wrestling fans is also part of why we are seeing the "Cycle" in wrestling. Eventually things will chang, New fans and old fans alike will grow tired of the current state of wrestling and it will bring a "New Attitude Era" to professional wrestling.

Because the way things are currently run it's obvious the WWE isn't listening to it's fans or Smarks and that's what made wrestling so popular back in the attitude era. It was all about giving the fans what they wanted. And it was benificial to everyone involved. There has to be a master plan and a reason why we are being ignored. And this was the most logical thing I could come up with.

Hope it's ok to post this here.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's perfectly fine to post this here, though I almost thing with a post like that and with the subject matter at hand, it almost warrants its own thread!

I don't think you're off-base with that assumption. While perhaps the WWE doesn't ALWAYS go actively against what the fans want(particularly the die-hards), it seems they pick and choose in a way that stifles some people at times. Understood that not every internet darling is going to get a big push immediately, but things like Cesaro dropping the belt unceremoniously not only go against what the smart marks want, but what would work well in general! There is definitely a cycle, but the question is whether or not the WWE are doing this all on purpose or whether they're still trying to milk every last drop of the "era for the kids" before finally moving on to greater pastures.

It's a subject that always takes a lot of guess-work and assumptions, but there has to be an answer somewhere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Im not really that fussed, but shouldn't that be in the MMA forum?
    For reelz. Dis da rasslin section so fuck outta herre with dat shit.

Andy
    Just rewatched JBL vs Guerrero from Judgement Day 04. Still don't rate it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vice, they just prayed before a concert.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just rewatched JBL vs Guerrero from Judgement Day 04. Still don't rate it.
    Good man

Andy
    It's just not that good, is it? Some brutal moments, no doubt, but there's an awful lot of back and forth punching, sleepers and just general periods where not a lot happens. It's not terrible, but I don't think it's much more than decent.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The only thing that makes it remarkable from any other overly long brawl is the amount of blodd Guerrero loses

Andy
    Yeah that was pretty sick. Someone mentioned it the other day which is why I went back to watch it, but yeah that was really the only thing that makes it memorable.

Andy
    The other thing I watched again was Cena vs Punk from a couple of months ago. Damn that's a good match. Possibly my favourite of their trilogy.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, my housemate has just found some old videos while cleaning up files on his PC. One of these little beauties features our resident yam yam, Tempest, doing a rather fine rendition of Chef - Chocolate Salty Balls. Another one has an even more note perfect performance of Judas by Lady Gaga while surrounding by a pair of sexy dancers, namely myself and his boyfriend.

Should I share, or burn them for the sake of all of humanity?

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously these need to be shown to the world.
    Last edited by kangus; April 21st, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not wrestling, but will reach more eyes here. It's great!

The amazing and legendary "Do You Like Huey Lewis and The News?" Scene from American Psycho...

Annnnnd the parody starring Huey Lewis himself and Weird Al. It's GREAT!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    CM Punk vs John Cena - WWE Championship - Night Of Champions 2012.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - WWE Championship - Money in the Bank 2011.avi

CM Punk vs John Cena - WWE Undisputed Championship - Special Referee Triple H - Summerslam 2011.avi

CM Punk vs John Cena - No. 1 Contender Match For The WWE Championship At Night Of Champions - Raw 22.8.11.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - Winner Faces The Rock For The WWE Championship At WrestleMania XXIX - Raw 25.2.13.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - Viewers Choice Match - Raw 7.6.10.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - WWE Championship - Raw 23.7.12.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - Raw 23.11.09.avi

CM Punk vs John Cena - Raw 17.1.11.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - Raw 13.6.11.avi

CM Punk vs John Cena - Superstar Of The Year Semi-Finals - Raw 14.12.09.avi

CM Punk vs John Cena - Raw 12.11.12.avi

John Cena vs CM Punk - Raw 14.2.11.avi
    Had no idea Cena and Punk wrestled each other so many times on TV/PPV. If someone asked I would have guessed 4-5 times or something.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but only like 5 of those have been since their legendary MITB 2011 match, which is why you thought only 5 times. And only the MITB, SummerSlam, NOC, and recent Raw ones fit into their "epic" series that everyone will remember.

Andy
    The Summerslam one completely slipped my mind. I still say their match on Raw this year was the best.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen any of the matches from 2010 or 2009. Anyone know if they're worth my time?

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. They're not bad, but they're 10 minute TV matches. Very by-the-numbers. MITB was their first "Holy shit they're epic opponents and eternal rivals" match. Every one before that was Main Eventer John Cena vs. Midcarder CM Punk.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember generally enjoying their match in early 2011, when everything seemed to be building towards a Cena/Punk feud(when Punk was leading Nexus) then all of a sudden, BAM Punk turns his sights on Randy Orton. I'm glad they held off for MITB, though.

Also, I loved this moment(the first part more than anything):

The video doesn't show it, but he was ranting about it until the show closed. It was amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I remember generally enjoying their match in early 2011, when everything seemed to be building towards a Cena/Punk feud(when Punk was leading Nexus) then all of a sudden, BAM Punk turns his sights on Randy Orton. I'm glad they held off for MITB, though.

Also, I loved this moment(the first part more than anything):

The video doesn't show it, but he was ranting about it until the show closed. It was amazing.
    I had to see it so I googled it.

Starts at 5:30

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I've forgotten how awesome that promo was. Even on Cena's side to an extent, but Punk particularly. It's one of his pipe-bomb style promos before he made THE Pipe Bomb promo. The WWE one, that is. This was a few months after I had just gotten back into wrestling. I knew I had fond feelings for this mini-feud for some reason. Punk's promo ability stuck with me, and the marquee feel of the feud was apparent from the beginning.

It's also the promo that led to Punk taking over The Nexus at the end of that RAW.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back in it's hard to believe that they did Cena/Miz at Wrestlemania 27 instead of Cena/Punk. It seemed like they were building toward Cena/Punk with him taking over the Nexus, but they ended up really liking how Miz's title run was going and went with him in the main event instead. Punk/Cena would have been a much better build and much better match. Punk also would have seemed less out of place being involved with Rock. I think his bitter heel character would have been perfect in an environment where he was being overshadowed by the Cena/Rock shenanigans.

Maybe this would have meant the Summer of Punk II never would have happened. That would be unfortunate, but I'm sure Punk would have liked to get a Wrestlemania main event (and the payday that comes with it) on his resume.

Andy
    I think Punk will main event one, if not both, of the next two Manias.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Looking back in it's hard to believe that they did Cena/Miz at Wrestlemania 27 instead of Cena/Punk. It seemed like they were building toward Cena/Punk with him taking over the Nexus, but they ended up really liking how Miz's title run was going and went with him in the main event instead. Punk/Cena would have been a much better build and much better match. Punk also would have seemed less out of place being involved with Rock. I think his bitter heel character would have been perfect in an environment where he was being overshadowed by the Cena/Rock shenanigans.

Maybe this would have meant the Summer of Punk II never would have happened. That would be unfortunate, but I'm sure Punk would have liked to get a Wrestlemania main event (and the payday that comes with it) on his resume.
    Maybe that would have worked, but how do you think they would have gone about it? Would Punk have got the belt off of Miz to hold it for only a few months before WM, or would Cena do the deed before Punk won his shot at Elimination Chamber? What if PUNK got the rumble win instead of Del Rio? Del Rio was a nice surprise and all, but considering he lost anyway, it wasn't necessary. Having a Rumble win lead to a loss probably would have been a much bigger payoff with a Cena/Punk main event that was building since December. Quite a few things to consider, but who knows if that was ever officially in the works in the first place.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice thing about wrestling is that it's rigged. So you can always get the outcome you want. You listed several of the dozen ways they could have gotten to Punk/Cena at Wrestlemania. For me, it probably would have made the most sense for Punk to win the title at Elimination Chamber and then defend it against Cena at Wrestlemania. That could mean Cena wins the other Chamber match for a title shot or that he wins a battle royal on Raw or any other way to go about it. That way you have Punk as the overlooked champion against the overconfident Cena, and the Cena/Punk match is overshadowed by Cena's feud with Rock until Punk shocks the world and beats Cena at Wrestlemania.

It seemed like they were originally going in the direction of Cena/Punk, because Punk beating down Cena and taking over Nexus came off as a huge angle and was really cool at the time. But then it never lead to a PPV match. Some of that was the circumstances (both guys were in the Royal Rumble and then in a Chamber match) but it also seems like the pivoted because Miz got over more than they anticipated and they thought they had found a new star. Turns out they were wrong, but it's hard to blame them for trying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    but I'm sure Punk would have liked to get a Wrestlemania main event (and the payday that comes with it) on his resume.
    Would you mind futher educating me on WWE Stars and Pay increases as far as PPV's and Title holders are concerned. Like a breakdown. Not on actual $$ Amounts cuz I'm sure it's not public. But I thought it was all Bull shit that the champion makes more, Now your saying Main Eventers make more money soley on the Match? That all interest me a lot.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only at Wrestlemania. WWE historically gives bonuses to the people on the Wrestlemania card, proportional to their spot on the card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, I had no idea! That's fantastic! Do champions usually make more when they are champion? If so is it only for the Main 2 Championships or all the titles?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bonuses are all that changes. WWE wrestlers are fixed into long term written contracts. So if, say, CM Punk signs his before his big push, he'll make way less than the other main eventers. The only fluctuation during the contract period is bonuses and any incentives written into the contract, (I think Big Show had a bunch of weight related ones built in to one that he signed in the early 00s.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so Being the champion doesn't increase your revenue for the sake of being champion.

Man if Punks Contract was really up when he let off the Pipe Bomb he must of made out like a fucking bandit cuz he was red fucking hot at that time.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He actually resigned immediately after the title win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura Kid View Post
    Ok so Being the champion doesn't increase your revenue for the sake of being champion.
    Nope, but when it times come to sit down and discuss a new contract, being a previous champion/main event talent will most likely help the guy get more money this time around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    He actually resigned immediately after the title win.

So safe to say he's doing well.

Is there an idea of how much a guy like punk makes nowadays?

Is it more than 100k a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Nope, but when it times come to sit down and discuss a new contract, being a previous champion/main event talent will most likely help the guy get more money this time around.
    Well that makes sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be pretty damn shocked if Punk made anything less than 500k.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    In his documentary Joey Mercury tells a story about how Punk just outright bought his house for him in cash when he was about to lose it to foreclosure, so he's definitely doing very well. I'd imagine 700k-1m a year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Thats fucking great!! Good for him.

Seems like Wrestlers nowadays won't be having the same finacial problems the wrestlers from last generation are facing.

I mean Fuck....Look at Hogan and Flair....makes me sad thinking that 2 of the biggest names in wrestling are pretty much broke. Hogan more from the Divorce but who would of ever thought the Hulkster would be in the finacial situation he's in.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that every active member of the roster makes well over 100,000 a year.

Estimates I've seen have most of the midcarders around 250,000.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that every active member of the roster makes well over 100,000 a year.

Estimates I've seen have most of the midcarders around 250,000.
    These guys are making way more than I thought. That's quite the living. MMA Fighters don't make nearly that much on paper.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's estimated they pay around $50,000 a year on traveling expenses, so it evens out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Thats fucking great!! Good for him.

Seems like Wrestlers nowadays won't be having the same finacial problems the wrestlers from last generation are facing.

I mean Fuck....Look at Hogan and Flair....makes me sad thinking that 2 of the biggest names in wrestling are pretty much broke. Hogan more from the Divorce but who would of ever thought the Hulkster would be in the finacial situation he's in.
    Nah, you can run into financial trouble no matter how much you make in your career. Just google "Antoine Walker".

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk's second only to Cena on the main roster so there is no way on Earth he is making anything less than a $1 Million. And that's bottom line contract, add on to that house and ppv money, merchandise etc.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are making way more than I thought. That's quite the living. MMA Fighters don't make nearly that much on paper.
    They should make more though, given the level of profits WWE has regularly made.

And don't even get me started on Healthcare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_242 View Post
    Nah, you can run into financial trouble no matter how much you make in your career. Just google "Antoine Walker".
    Touche, But making more than your predecessor can't hurt. Hopefully than can learn from previous generations mistakes.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touche, But making more than your predecessor can't hurt. Hopefully than can learn from previous generations mistakes.
    Well for the record, no wrestler in history has ever made a fraction of what Hogan made. There were times in the 80s where he was making a million dollars a WEEK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was just from Suburban Commando.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    They should make more though, given the level of profits WWE has regularly made.

And don't even get me started on Healthcare.
    Not going to say who deserves more, but most MMA Fighters grossly underpaid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for the record, no wrestler in history has ever made a fraction of what Hogan made. There were times in the 80s where he was making a million dollars a WEEK.
    WTF? How? lol

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF? How? lol
    WWE was going through a crazy boom, and Hogan was drawing like crazy, so he got the most favorable deal of all time. Plus he was getting 20%-30% of his merchandise sales, which were off the charts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE was going through a crazy boom, and Hogan was drawing like crazy, so he got the most favorable deal of all time. Plus he was getting 20%-30% of his merchandise sales, which were off the charts.
    That's nuts and Awesome!! Like to see these guys pull in big numbers.

Was brett's deal at WCW as big as it was portrayed to be?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget the number, but it was around 2 million a year, I think. Which is a huge, huge number. I don't think Cena makes that much now. But Bret only made that until 2000 when they released him. So he only got 6 million out of them.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to say who deserves more, but most MMA Fighters grossly underpaid.
    Shouldn't really compare I don't think, very different things which are demanding in (mostly) different ways.

You're right though, fight purses for lower card fights, even on the highest stage, are far too low.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. But MMA is a big fight sport, whereas wrestling is a full time job. So the pay scales are incomparable. MMA should mirror boxing in this.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a hunch that might incorrect.

Think I remember reading somewhere that Austin's run and merch sales were so ridiculous it blew anything Hogan had done out of the water.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His merch did sell better, but Hogan made his money for longer. And I'm 100% sure Austin never got a deal on the level Hogan did.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So out of curiosity I looked up the annual revenues and average salaries of the major sports leagues:

-NFL: $8.3 billion in annual revenue, average player salary $1.9 million (39% of revenue goes to player salaries)

-MLB: $7.7 billion annual revenue, $3.2 million average player salary (31% goes to salaries)

-NBA: $4 billion annual revenue, $5.5 million average player salary (50% goes to player salaries)

-NHL: $2.3 billion annual revenue, $2.4 million average player salary (39% goes to player salaries)

-WWE: $484 million annual revenue. Average wrestler salary unknown, but $150,000-$200,000 is probably a reasonable estimate. (If $200,000 average salary is accurate, 2.4% of revenue goes to wrestler salaries)

So basically WWE wrestlers are getting shafted in comparison to players in the major sports leagues. There's a few things at play here: 1) Wrestlers aren't unionized and can't bargain collectively 2) There's little competition in wrestling, so no one is bidding for wrestlers and 3) Wrestlers are less valuable because it isn't a "real" sport and new talent can always be created, whereas you can't find top quality players on the street.

The other thing that stands out to me is the huge difference in earnings at the top. Our guess for John Cena is that he probably earns $2-3 million per year. For comparison, the top salaries in the major sports leagues:

-NFL: Joe Flacco, 20.1 million/year (possibly already out of date, but he's in the top three)

-MLB: Alex Rodriguez, $30 million/year

-NBA: Kobe Bryant, $27.8 million/year

-NHL: Shea Webber, $14.04 million

Basically, WWE's low salaries are the result of a lack of a competitive market for wrestlers. John Cena has very little negotiating power because no one else can afford to pay him more money than WWE does. It's hard to say exactly what John Cena means to WWE because there's not much way to experiment with it, but I'd be shocked if he didn't bring in far more in revenue than his salary.
    Last edited by The Law; April 22nd, 2013 at 8:21 PM.

Intercontinental Champion StoneColdChris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally was able to upload my pictures from Lockdown, here is me(in the middle) meeting Dixie Carter in front of the Alamo. She was very very nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, you look absolutely nothing like I would have expected. I'm going to need to update my Wilfred's rundown on you to include "has most likely turned thousands of men gay by being absurdly handsome.", and "could easily win the tournament based off smile alone, but chooses to give his opponents a fighting chance."

And since we're kind of on the subject of posters..

CHOTLIWALA swung by my house earlier this evening, since he was in the area and had time to kill. We caught up since we hadn't hung out in like 2 years, and I can't even remember the last time he posted here. But he is missed. We talked some wrestling, made fun of John Cena, and he tried convincing me that I took a photo of him and Byron Dragonson back in the day, but I really don't think it was me. He is severely lacking a beard (he had a pretty epic one not too long ago), but his eyebrows are still the size of small children and now has tattoos. Overall he seems quite well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdChris View Post

Finally was able to upload my pictures from Lockdown, here is me(in the middle) meeting Dixie Carter in front of the Alamo. She was very very nice.
    I thought that were you on the left and Kenny King in the middle before seeing the (in the middle) bit.

Andy
    Anyone see the Outlaws on Sky Sports News there? Road Dogg wanted a bit of Sawyer. Can't blame him.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vice, that's awesome, I miss Chot posting as well...

And StoneColdChris! Great pic, I met her once too at the Impact where Hogan debuted and I told her that "I wish for nothing but the best for TNA in the future" and she HUGGED me. hahaha. She's overly-nice.

Hey, Chris, post more pics of anyone you met and/or in-ring shots (I guess in the Lockdown thread) I'd love to see them!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's the dude with the badass Bathory shirt?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    For some reason Dixie looks like a 2D cardboard cut-out..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's the dude with the badass Bathory shirt?
    My friend Justin, who's currently training to be a wrestler.

Here's another one

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    For some reason Dixie looks like a 2D cardboard cut-out..
    I was thinkin that too.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Guess who I bumped into earlier

Last edited by Peter Griffin; April 23rd, 2013 at 7:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you asked him to come back to rajah

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I have no idea if that is some kind of joke I should be aware of, but no, no I did not

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    ffs Peter. Missed opportunity. You must be one of the only people who doesn't know Ryback is a former Rajah poster. He came on here in 2004 when he was on Tough Enough looking for support.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Haha fuck, My bad, had no idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I banned him once.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a turning point in Vice's career as soon after he became a very successful t-shirt model.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend Justin, who's currently training to be a wrestler.

Here's another one

He has a fantastic taste in music. I hope he goes far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a fantastic taste in music. I hope he goes far.
    Me too. He's pretty good, love to see him make it big one day.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Dam chris you are a good lookin gent. Should have taken dixie home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Guess who I bumped into earlier

Waitwaitwaitwait, that playhouse is HALF PRICE!?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a good deal man.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been watching a lot of early WCW lately. The 1989 period is pretty awesome. It's basically built for internet fans. The entire promotion is based around ring work, there are no silly gimmicks or over the top storylines. Just guys going out there and working. Tons of great talent on the roster: Flair, Steamboat, Sting, Muta, Luger, Pillman, Road Warriors, Steiners, Steve Williams, Sid, Terry Funk.

I just watched Great American Bash 1989 and it's one of the greatest PPVs ever. No exaggeration. The opener is a fun two ring battle royal with a lot of future big names (Sid, Scott Hall, Ron Simmons, Terry Gordy, the Steiners, Pillman). Then we get a Pillman match. If you haven't seen Pillman other than his ECW and 1997 WWF run, you're missing out. The guy was amazing before injuries destroyed his athleticism. The Skyscrapers (Sid and Dan Spivey) squash the Dynamic Dudes (Johnny Ace and Shane Douglas). Not a great match, but amusing for Ace and Douglas being skateboarders. Jim Cornette wrestles Paul Heyman (playing Paul E. Dangerously) in one of the best non-wrestler matches I've ever seen. Both guys know the craft so well that it doesn't matter than neither can execute a single wrestling move. Then the Steiners make their PPV debut as a tag team in a really good, short brawl against Kevin Sullivan and Mike Rotunda. Tornado rules, No DQ, just a crazy brawl.

And then business really picks up. I rated the last four matches ****+. First, Sting fights Muta for the TV Title in a phenomenal ten minute match. Screwy ending, but no big deal. Both guys were awesome at this point and worked together really well. Then Luger fights Steamboat in a match that's even better. Luger's power and Steamboat's speed/technique area a really good match. Then we get a WarGames match with Road Warriors, Midnight Express, and Dr. Death against the Freebirds and the Headshrinkers. Really good brawl, classic WarGames match.

The main event is the match of the night: Flair vs. Funk for the NWA Title. Funk had been away from wrestling for a couple years until he returned as a guest judge for the final match of the Flair/Steamboat series. After Flair won he challenged Flair to a championship match. Flair declined, saying that Funk hadn't earned a title shot. Funk flipped out and hit him with a Piledriver through a table, which was a spectacular display of violence for the time. So three months later Flair is back in action against Funk. And they just brawl. It's a match that's super intense and psychological, with Funk working on Flair's injured neck and Flair trying to kill Funk. Flair wins with a roll-up in a match that would have been match of the year if Flair and Steamboat hadn't been wrestling some of the greatest matches ever earlier in the year.

So basically, the morale of the story is that you should check out Great American Bash 1989. It's on Dailymotion in full. Quite possibly the best PPV ever.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Great stuff. The Flair/Funk feud was cool.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be a major turning point in SCC's posting career.

Also when was the last time SilverRyback posted here? I'm sure it was more recent than 2004.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a long, long time ago in a place far away. Oh wait it was here. He made two posts. The first went something like 'hey I'm the Silverback Ryan Reeves and I'm a big dumb musclehead on Tough Enough. I sure would appreciate your votes dudes.' The second explained that while he was thankful for our support the WWE has told him not to post on anymore wrestling message boards. And just like that, he was gone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, the GAB '89 always used to be talked about as the greatest PPV in history. It certainly could be but really there are a number of options from that period after WCW added other annual shows. Stellar PPV after stellar PPV.

Not to mention incredible matches on like every single Clash plus hidden gems on shows like Power Hour and Saturday Night. Generally regard that era as the best in US wrestling history.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I always loved Spring stampede 1994.

DDP/Badd
    Regal/Pillman
    Dustin Rhodes/Bunkhouse Buck
    Austin/Muta
    Bossman/Vader
    Nasty Boys/Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne
    Sting/Rude
    Flair/Steamboat

Hard to top that line up.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_242 View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwait, that playhouse is HALF PRICE!?
    Yeh that was the one drawback, holding the damn thing in toys r us with loads of hyped up kids running around knocking shit off the shelves and bumping into me all the time.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I went to buy broccoli and ice cream today and in the parking lot I see a car and on the license plate it says survivor of the shield. So I stare at it for a while and the only conclusion I can come to is that the mother fucking Ryback was in the Warwick, NY Shoprite for some reason.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was probably just Michael Chiklis.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this is what I want, and I feel would be the only effective to carry-out a Shield Tag Title Run angle...

Shield get the belts at Payback, carries them to WrestleMania. Kassius Ohno gets brought up in the next few months and we see Kings of Wrestling unite.

Kings of Wrestling vs. The Shield(c) for the Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania. KoW go over, and we officially have a well-built Tag Division with three very deserving and entertaining Tag Teams in Succession.

Yes. YES. YES! FUCKING BOOK IT!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SCC, do you want to go out for a drink some time? Maybe just a movie?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    K O W KINGS.

Tag team division would be so easy to book if they wanted to do it properly. Hell No are over, Shield are over, Rhodes Scholars are good in and out of the ring, Tons of Funk are a fine lower card big fat face team that would add something different, eternal rivals Usos and Primepico having their 840th match together on Superstars, 3MB are your dickish jobber team with Slater to get on the mic and annoy everyone before a beating, reunite International Airstrike, Hunico & Camacho. Fucking might as well get Bourne back in there and reunite Air Boom. From NXT The Wyatt Family and the entertaining and sympathetic British Ambition could make contributions. Plus THE KINGS OF WRESTLING.

Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan are both pretty terrible but they are big bastards and maybe one day they won't be terrible. Throwing them together and giving them some sexy ring gear would make them worthwhile. New poor man's LOD/POP/APA/DEMOLITION right there. Alex Riley and Ted DiBiase should be in a jock team together. R-Truth & JTG are both black (new Nation). And then you've got the likes of Yoshi, Ryder, Hennig Jr., Bateman, Hawkins, Steamboat, Woods, Dalton. I see a fun team in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Can someone help me out with something thats got my brain all confused watching the Elimination Chamber boxset. It got me thinking of how and when the two world titles switched brands i.e. World title going from raw to sd and vice versa, and was hoping someone could give me a simple rundown of how these brand switches occurred, I know the Cena/Batista brand switch in 05 was the first trade, but I can get the rest clear in my mind

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE TITLE

Smackdown until 05 - Cena brought it to RAW.

Raw until 08 - HHH Took it back to Smackdown.

Then Hardy won it, then Edge won it at Rumble 09, then HHH win it at the Elimination Chamber 09 (I think), then ORTON eventually won it from him and ended up back on RAW with it where it's pretty much been since.

WHC

On RAW until - BATISTA IN 05.

C.M Punk won from EDGE in 08 - BROUGH IT TO RAW.

Stayed there until WM25ish when CENA/BIG SHOW/EDGE were fueding for it (edge switched titles on the same night I believe at EC 2009) and it's been on SD ever since.

I think that's it.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, you got the first one. The World Heavyweight Championship was introduced when Brock Lesnar, WWE Champion at the time, signed with Smackdown to exclusively appear on their show. The title was awarded to Triple H because he was the #1 contender for Lesnar's title.

The titles switched when WWE Champion John Cena was drafted to Raw and World Heavyweight Champion Batista was drafted to Smackdown in June 2005.

In 2008, Triple H was drafted to Smackdown while holding the WWE Championship. Raw got the World Heavyweight Championship when CM Punk cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and pinned Edge the night after Night of Champions. Edge won the World Heavyweight Championship from Cena at No Way Out 2009,technically bringing the title to Smackdown. This was during the build to Wrestlemania, so it wasn't unusual for cross-brand feuds to be occurring. Edge lost the title to Cena at Wrestlemania and then won it back at Backlash. Meanwhile, Triple H was drafted to Raw after Wrestlemania.

The title remained on Smackdown thereafter. Jack Swagger was a Raw guy when he cashed in Money in the Bank and won the title, but he moved to Smackdown when he became champion. In 2011 they ended the brand-split, so it's now irrelevant.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Cheers guys, I was trying to remember as I have been following WWE all through that period but I couldn't quite piece it all together

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    K O W KINGS.

Tag team division would be so easy to book if they wanted to do it properly. Hell No are over, Shield are over, Rhodes Scholars are good in and out of the ring, Tons of Funk are a fine lower card big fat face team that would add something different, eternal rivals Usos and Primepico having their 840th match together on Superstars, 3MB are your dickish jobber team with Slater to get on the mic and annoy everyone before a beating, reunite International Airstrike, Hunico & Camacho. Fucking might as well get Bourne back in there and reunite Air Boom. From NXT The Wyatt Family and the entertaining and sympathetic British Ambition could make contributions. Plus THE KINGS OF WRESTLING.

Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan are both pretty terrible but they are big bastards and maybe one day they won't be terrible. Throwing them together and giving them some sexy ring gear would make them worthwhile. New poor man's LOD/POP/APA/DEMOLITION right there. Alex Riley and Ted DiBiase should be in a jock team together. R-Truth & JTG are both black (new Nation). And then you've got the likes of Yoshi, Ryder, Hennig Jr., Bateman, Hawkins, Steamboat, Woods, Dalton. I see a fun team in there somewhere.
    I like it.

Team HELL NO!!
    Rhodes Scholars
    Kings Of Wrestling
    Wyatt Family (Harper/Rowan)
    Tons of Funk
    PTP
    3MB
    Uso's
    Epico & Primo
    British Ambition
    Kidd/Gabriel

Would have liked The Ascension in there too. Oh well..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'm still a bit disappointed the ptp's haven't had a run with the belts.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, we will never see the King of Wrestling in WWE. Cesaro and Ohno may team up, but there are at least two problems with the name "Kings of Wrestling" in WWE.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't even have to be the "Kings of Wrestling", but a spiritual reunion, especially tied to the storyline I suggested(which I assume Ringo was responding to) would be excellent.