Page 228 of 245 FirstFirst ... 218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 22,701 to 22,800 of 24466

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’ve barely seen any of his work outside of his FBI run, but I’ve never heard any wrestler say a bad thing about Smothers. Everyone loved him, everyone speaks so highly of him, and it’s sounds like he helped anybody he could.

it is funny how many smart mark fans were calling Smothers a piece of shit like 2 years ago for wearing the confederate flag, but now they’re rushing to retweet all the kind words about him.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I’ve barely seen any of his work outside of his FBI run, but I’ve never heard any wrestler say a bad thing about Smothers. Everyone loved him, everyone speaks so highly of him, and it’s sounds like he helped anybody he could.

it is funny how many smart mark fans were calling Smothers a piece of shit like 2 years ago for wearing the confederate flag, but now they’re rushing to retweet all the kind words about him.
    Well I guess it depends on if those are the same exact people. I mean, he gets a pass simply based on age despite being younger than my parents but shit I don't hold that against a man who went to bat for Blue Meanie.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RIP Tracey Smothers.

I knew him first as Freddie Joe Floyd but have seen his past stuff. Very underrated worker I think.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Hardcore Homecoming when Smothers came out with the FBI and was doing the chin thing. Did it for like an hour straight. I thought he was having a fit.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Too much dark and not enough sky, why am I the thorn in your eye?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Great American Bash 1990 - Southern Boys and The Midnight Express is one of my favourite tag matches ever and well worth a look for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Flair/Sting main event, too.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Paige actually have a filter? Yeah, we get it you dont like having WWE takeover your twitch account.

If you don't like working for them go work somewhere else?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh aye they are just letting everyone leave this days you twat... Besides she's absolutely right, Then again the big torie you are I'm not surprised you are against workers rights and them expressing themselves... Then again you hate women so Im sure if it was Xaivier you would not have said a thing.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Contracts don't last forever. Unless she's locked in for the next 20 years, just wait until your contract is up and then go twitch all you want.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Oh aye they are just letting everyone leave this days you twat... Besides she's absolutely right, Then again the big torie you are I'm not surprised you are against workers rights and them expressing themselves... Then again you hate women so Im sure if it was Xaivier you would not have said a thing.
    Ugh you are the archetypal white van man, so don't you dare try and virtue signal me you bellend. Not a Tory.

Don't hate women either, probably more likely to be you as no doubt you are still a virgin and nearest you get to getting some is your hand. Oooh he doesn't like Meghan Markle, he must hate women! Fuck right off.

How is she right? If she is using a WWE trademark then it is their intellectual property. Wrestling is red hot, she could easily leave and do a number of things. But no, act like a spoilt brat and complain about it (probably why you agree with her)

Get back to shouting at people in your village you cunt.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She just likes the money she gets from WWE. I'm sure AEW would pay equal or more for her services. Shed make a great manager for someone.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. If you don't like he restrictions go somewhere where you have more freedom.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Ugh you are the archetypal white van man, so don't you dare try and virtue signal me you bellend. Not a Tory.

Don't hate women either, probably more likely to be you as no doubt you are still a virgin and nearest you get to getting some is your hand. Oooh he doesn't like Meghan Markle, he must hate women! Fuck right off.

How is she right? If she is using a WWE trademark then it is their intellectual property. Wrestling is red hot, she could easily leave and do a number of things. But no, act like a spoilt brat and complain about it (probably why you agree with her)

Get back to shouting at people in your village you cunt.
    A lot to unpack here,
    I'm a white van man?
    You said virtue signal, the calling card if right nut jobs
    Nothing to do with Meghan, your general attitude shows you dislike females.
    Not a virgin.
    Wrestling is red hot?
    Again how does she 'just leave'?
    Ohhh workers can't speak out on frustrations... More right wing shite.
    I haven't shouted at anyone I complained about dozens of people breaking restrictions in a vulnerable village (lots of elderly)... But trying to follow rules to help in a pandemic makes me a snowflake or whatever... Right winger.

Think I touched a nerve.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's not absolutely right she's just pissed off. She's acting like the WWE haven't bent over backwards for someone who let a jobber bust a nut all over her women's champion-and she even recorded it! Honestly I would have fired her on the spot for that level of disrespect. Let's also not forget they still kept her employed while her and Del Rio were playing Mickey and Mallory. Let's also not forget how much tv time they have given her post-neck injury.

We haven't even started talking about how she won the Divas title against AJ Lee in her first main roster match.

I'm just saying she's just super pissed off and in no way is she absolutely correct with what she's saying because she's acting like the WWE haven't done shit for her and this Twitch account is all that she has in this world. I mean, are we sure this is even the real Paige? I have a feeling the original Paige died from a drug overdose and Del Rio found a replica at some titty bar.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old dunce just doesn't understand that Paige could ask for her release and the company would probably let her go. Why would they want to keep her around when she is clearly unhappy.

I would say exactly the same if a guy was acting the same way btw. Lots of options for her to go and do if she wants to stay in the wrestling business (hence red hot), where she will have more independence for what she wants to do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old dunce just doesn't understand that Paige could ask for her release and the company would probably let her go. Why would they want to keep her around when she is clearly unhappy.

I would say exactly the same if a guy was acting the same way btw. Lots of options for her to go and do if she wants to stay in the wrestling business (hence red hot), where she will have more independence for what she wants to do.
    Exactly. She can't wrestle and she doesn't have a real track record as a manager as she was pretty useless with the Kabuki Warriors.

I think that if AJ Styles had the same reaction as Paige did we'd also be talking about AJ. He handled his shit and we know he isn't happy about it, but he made it known a different way. He's just not the type to drop F bombs and shit on the WWE over a Twitch account.

The Rosk
    Paige is 28 and has had to retire at the only thing she is good at because her neck is broken beyond repair due to a reasonable level of negligence of the company. In a similar way they're openly giving Jason Jordan a backstage job for life because of their own negligence (he can't grasp anything with his hands and will literally never wrestle again - he's fucked, and it should have been caught a lot earlier). Yes there are hazards around the job of wrestling, but it doesn't mean that they should just sit there and twiddle their thumbs until their relatively small contract runs out and the company can wash their hands of them. I'm fully behind her on this, fair play to the girl.

How long ago was it when HHH took the piss out of her for no reason for being a slut? She should bleed the cunts dry for as much as she can IMO.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but if you let someone jizz on the championship belt for funsies you have no room to cry about being mocked.

If the WWE were negligent it was simply letting her return to the ring. They should have stuck to their guns and kept her on the shelf because apparently it was WWE who broke her neck.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Paige is 28 and has had to retire at the only thing she is good at because her neck is broken beyond repair due to a reasonable level of negligence of the company. In a similar way they're openly giving Jason Jordan a backstage job for life because of their own negligence (he can't grasp anything with his hands and will literally never wrestle again - he's fucked, and it should have been caught a lot earlier). Yes there are hazards around the job of wrestling, but it doesn't mean that they should just sit there and twiddle their thumbs until their relatively small contract runs out and the company can wash their hands of them. I'm fully behind her on this, fair play to the girl.

How long ago was it when HHH took the piss out of her for no reason for being a slut? She should bleed the cunts dry for as much as she can IMO.
    So you don't think that wrestling since the age of 14 might also have something to do with it? A lot of wrestlers get neck problems after 10+ years in the ring. Not saying that WWE couldn't have done more, but she had been wrestling a good 7-8 years even before she got there.

Yeah, the HHH thing was incredibly misjudged. She probably could've got a lawsuit payout from that. But what good is it doing for her now? She has clearly unhappy there, so why stay?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you don't think that wrestling since the age of 14 might also have something to do with it? A lot of wrestlers get neck problems after 10+ years in the ring. Not saying that WWE couldn't have done more, but she had been wrestling a good 7-8 years even before she got there.

Yeah, the HHH thing was incredibly misjudged. She probably could've got a lawsuit payout from that. But what good is it doing for her now? She has clearly unhappy there, so why stay?
    We're too old to understand her pain about Twitch. Have you seen a 9 year old get locked out of their Tik Tok account? OHHHH FUCK call the military lol. I think the generation gap is why we're seeing two totally different public reactions from AJ Styles versus Paige.

I still don't get the mentality that it's on WWE for Paige's career ending the way it did. I'm curious what negligence they displayed in regards to Paige or even that comment about Jason Jordan. I never heard anyone blame WWE for any of their injuries unless it's a blanket statement like "oh it happened on their watch it's their fault!" If anything, I would blame Paige for not retiring like the doctor told her to. Does Shawn Michaels blame WWE for barely being able to walk? I doubt it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't be a wrestler and expect to make it through a career injury free. The possibility of a career ending injury is always there, for everyone who laces up a pair of boots. If Paige wasn't in WWE, she would have had the injury happen in ROH, AEW, WCW, Backyard Family British Wrestling, wherever she ended up. I think her wrestling at such a young age is the reason for her neck issues. Bones and the body don't fully develop until you're in your 20s right? and women body are more fragile.

It's difficult cause while you are using Twitch in your personal life, most people watching you are associating you with the WWE. Should they ban superstars from using the service? Probably not, but they could certainly work with talent who are interested with it.

Sounds like she should have chosen to be a YouTuber or social media celebrity over wrestling.

The Rosk
    So you agree that WWE could have done more, and therefore there is negligence here. The rest is immaterial.

Exactly. She didn't throw a lawsuit out but could have easily happened in any other situation. She was abundantly clear on why she's unhappy. She can't wrestle, her neck is fucked in spite of two neck surgeries on the WWE watch, they are choosing not to use her (although she wants to be used whilst under contract) and now they are effectively threatening to take over and mute her on a following that she has personally put together outside of work, and found solace in during an extremely low point in her life, following an abusive relationship, drug issues and of course this whole COVID situation which is shit for everyone. It's very easy to say "why stay" but I'd love you to say that to ANYONE right now in this world who are unhappy with their company. It's not normality right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I think her wrestling at such a young age is the reason for her neck issues. Bones and the body don't fully develop until you're in your 20s right? and women body are more fragile.
    What does this have to do with anything? What does this have to do with over-working a girl with neck issues and making her take bumps to a damaged neck? Did they do that with Austin or Taker? Or did they just work matches around their abilities for their years post-surgery?

Sounds like she should have chosen to be a YouTuber or social media celebrity over wrestling.
    Did you listen to what she sauid?

"My neck is f*cked, my whole dream got taken away from me, dude, and I had to have something that fulfilled even a small part of that huge f*cking void that I lost with wrestling. A huge f*cking void. I couldn’t wrestle anymore, something I lived, breathed, f*cking sh*t wrestling since I was a fetus, dude, and it got ripped away from me, and I had to find something that even filled a little bit of that. Twitch was such a wonderful thing for me, it’s such a wonderful place for me."

It's a tiny thing in comparison to doing what she loves. But right now they are Zack Rydering her and anyone else. Terrible company and so horrifically narrow-minded it's beyond belief.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't doubt for one second that WWE has SOME fault here, but you cannot tell me that wrestling at 14 hasn't had some impact on her neck. Austin, Edge, Bryan and many others had neck issues from working for many years.

The Rosk
    I don't doubt for one second that WWE has SOME fault here, but you cannot tell me that wrestling at 14 hasn't had some impact on her neck. Austin, Edge, Bryan and many others had neck issues from working for many years.
    What does her start date in wrestling have to do with this discussion? And whether WWE should just fuck off and leave her Twitch channel alone if it's not actually bothering them?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just let this dude ramble because he has nothing to back up anything he's posting. Talking about how they made her take bumps while having a damaged neck and then implying they never had Austin or Taker take bumps......I'd love to know where that statement comes from. Imagine thinking Austin never took a bump after Summerslam 1997.

The Rosk seems very quick to put this all on WWE. He was probably one of the many lonely wrasslin fans who jerked off to her Twitch stream and now he's stuck to just creeping on her Instagram.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone still have their WWE hasbros I need the 1-2-3 kid? If anyone has him and wants to sell...but not for like a grand

The Rosk
    I am surprised that some people can find issue with the statement "Paige is 28 and has had to retire at the only thing she is good at because her neck is broken beyond repair due to a reasonable level of negligence of the company."

The same company that is happy to hire racists, paedophiles, rapists and groomers whilst bowing at the feet of oil barons for blood money, can now demand to take a person off a third party stream under their own name.

This company is indefensible at this point. Can anyone explain to me what the purpose of banning wrestlers from Twitch actually is, and if they agree with it or not?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosk thinks people commenting on his posts=following him around. Comedy.

I'm still waiting on a shred of evidence the WWE were negligent with Paige. I can make a top 5 list right now of reasons she should have been fired by now but since she works in the wrestling industry she gets a pass apparently.

Everyone who gets into this business knows it doesn't last forever and her being 28 is irrelevant. For fuck's sake she had a movie about her life made into a global release.........But she's tripping hard about Twitch and I get it, I have kids who are soaked in that social media so much that if YouTube, IG, Twitch, etc. were to all vanish they'd probably all commit mass suicide lol.

The irony in all of this is she's shitting on the company who is the only reason she even has the platform she has to begin with. I don't think 10 years ago people were wondering what Saraya Beavis was up to in her young life of sucking dick and saving it to the cloud. It's like watching people defend Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Rosk thinks people commenting on his posts=following him around. Comedy.
    I took you off a longstanding ignore (and it has been comparative bliss on here for the last year without your constant trolling and needless ramblings/interjections) a few weeks ago to give you the benefit of doubt that you may have changed. I post a comment on a relevant topic in here and within minutes you are immediately on the offensive, suggesting that I masturbate over her Twitch stream and "creep" on her Instagram.

You're over 40 years old.

:.

Back on topic - with specific regard to people blaming WWE for their injuries... you only need to look at what happened to Punk and the ensuing lengthy expensive legal battle that cost him to show what could happen if you even try putting an ounce of blame on the WWE for negligence. They very rarely lose and so there's barely any point. It must be the most frustrating place to work considering until recently it was the only game in town.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Anyone still have their WWE hasbros I need the 1-2-3 kid? If anyone has him and wants to sell...but not for like a grand
    Hmmm I might, they are all at my parents house. I know they are not in the packages.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took you off a longstanding ignore (and it has been comparative bliss on here for the last year without your constant trolling and needless ramblings/interjections) a few weeks ago to give you the benefit of doubt that you may have changed. I post a comment on a relevant topic in here and within minutes you are immediately on the offensive, suggesting that I masturbate over her Twitch stream and "creep" on her Instagram.

You're over 40 years old.

:.

Back on topic - with specific regard to people blaming WWE for their injuries... you only need to look at what happened to Punk and the ensuing lengthy expensive legal battle that cost him to show what could happen if you even try putting an ounce of blame on the WWE for negligence. They very rarely lose and so there's barely any point. It must be the most frustrating place to work considering until recently it was the only game in town.
    I'm not even 40 yet but hey nobody cares.

Ok so are we talking about Punk and his one-sided recollection that he made it clear was simply HIS VERSION of what happened, or are you going to show us anything that points to WWE's negligence with Paige? Dead serious.

And keep in mind, as much as it pains you to admit you're no more or less important than everyone else, you're not the only person's posts I've responded to about this subject in this thread.

The Rosk
    CM Punk is a very good example of this, as it showed what happens when you even think about contesting WWE's negligence. He didn't even sue them, but they sued HIM for saying comments about how fucked he was at the WWE on a podcast. He WON, but did he actually WIN? WWE spend millions on lawyers every year. He had to spend a ridiculous amount of money to even defend himself, he lost his best friend through this whole ordeal, and looked a shell of a man afterwards. If it worth even mentioning or moaning about their negligence when you face that sheer adversity in response?

Further, how you can argue that WWE showed NO negligence is another matter.

From Cagematch: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=5535&page=4

Showing negligence could be easily seen as throwing someone - just "cleared" from a neck injury - into 8 matches in 23 days across 4 states. Maybe it could be seen that with the WWE myriad of bookers and agents, maybe simply not allowing her to take bumps or kicks to the spine like the one she took from Sasha.

https://youtu.be/IJmn64u9VME

Even outside of this, the tales of so many of the ridiculous amount of travel and work they put wrestlers through on the endless road, despite having a gigantic roster, all out of pure greed for the almighty dollar, should tell you enough. WWE could make a massive step in the right direction with how they treat their wrestlers, but they won't. They are stuck in the dark ages and it's no surprise that AEW is doing so well despite their relatively recent start in the business.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Punk is a very good example of this, as it showed what happens when you even think about contesting WWE's negligence. He didn't even sue them, but they sued HIM for saying comments about how fucked he was at the WWE on a podcast. He WON, but did he actually WIN? WWE spend millions on lawyers every year. He had to spend a ridiculous amount of money to even defend himself, he lost his best friend through this whole ordeal, and looked a shell of a man afterwards. If it worth even mentioning or moaning about their negligence when you face that sheer adversity in response?

Further, how you can argue that WWE showed NO negligence is another matter.

From Cagematch: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=5535&page=4

Showing negligence could be easily seen as throwing someone - just "cleared" from a neck injury - into 8 matches in 23 days across 4 states. Maybe it could be seen that with the WWE myriad of bookers and agents, maybe simply not allowing her to take bumps or kicks to the spine like the one she took from Sasha.

https://youtu.be/IJmn64u9VME

Even outside of this, the tales of so many of the ridiculous amount of travel and work they put wrestlers through on the endless road, despite having a gigantic roster, all out of pure greed for the almighty dollar, should tell you enough. WWE could make a massive step in the right direction with how they treat their wrestlers, but they won't. They are stuck in the dark ages and it's no surprise that AEW is doing so well despite their relatively recent start in the business.
    CM Punk has nothing to do with Paige's situation. At all.

Maybe this, maybe that.

"It's no surprise that AEW is doing so well...." I'd love for you to define that statement in the context of this discussion. I don't see AEW handling injuries that well, to the point they even have their main people come out and say things like "Matt Hardy wasn't hurt" lol. I love AEW just as much as the next idiot but you're all over the place here and now I know why. AEW=so fucking incredible after one year of doing nothing but get a few thousand viewers over NXT (WOW!!). I'm sure AEW would have handled Paige's injuries about as well as they have others in their company.......

The Rosk
    So you ask for more in-depth and then you respond with that? Pointless as always. Back on ignore you go then. I honestly hope you find happiness in your life at some point Nash.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me be clear. If you're argument about the WWE being negligent is based on a CM Punk shoot interview that has nothing to do with Paige, I suggest you announce to the world you're putting me on ignore and go back to playing fantasy soccer.

Or if you use AEW as the standard bearer of how companies should handle injured talent.

The Rosk
    This message is hidden because Nash Diesel is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

I'll never make the mistake of taking him off ignore again. This is the best.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What role does Paige have in WWE now? Last I remember her on TV was getting misted by Asuka. Are they paying her just to stay at home?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Paige's situation is that we don't know how much the WWE are paying her to basically do nothing but hang out on Twitch. Does her level of frustration over this whole situation warrant the tongue lashing she's giving the company that again has bent over backwards for her? Any other company would have washed their hands of this woman but the WWE stuck it out. They have given her a platform to build her brand and let's be honest, very very very very very few women in pro wrestling eat off pro wrestling for eternity.

There's nothing negligent being presented so that's a dead argument and was dead before it even hit the board imo. Let Paige go to AEW, where she can use her name she built off the WWE's back to still use Twitch.....

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure AEW would call her Page, and maybe have her as a librarian?

The Rosk
    What role does Paige have in WWE now? Last I remember her on TV was getting misted by Asuka. Are they paying her just to stay at home?
    Apparently they get her to do a load of promo shite but that's mainly it. She did that Backstage show and a few other things previously. I'd imagine they see little point in bringing her in with all the COVID shite and regulations around it etc.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This message is hidden because Nash Diesel is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

I'll never make the mistake of taking him off ignore again. This is the best.
    Well this post got quite confusing for me...

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Well this post got quite confusing for me...

This alongside two immediate pos reps saying "best thing I ever did" and "why did you take him off ignore lol" made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure AEW would call her Page, and maybe have her as a librarian?
    They already have that gimmick in AEW but it's a dude and Blue Pants is his....well I honestly don't know what she would be to a librarian. Assistant?

Maybe she could do a yoga gimmick or manage New Vinnie Vegas and New Diamond Studd?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does her start date in wrestling have to do with this discussion? And whether WWE should just fuck off and leave her Twitch channel alone if it's not actually bothering them?
    The discussion about whether Paige was injured due to WWE. I concede that the schedule is a contributing factor, but in any court case how can you prove when someone for injured. As Donald said previously wrestling that young will definitely have implications for her.

As for the twitch thing, the crux is that WWE wants to control any social media channels that talent uses their stage names for. That is their right - it is their intellectual property.

I hate some of the things that WWE has done (eg Saudi shows) but I think they are in the right here. If anything, Paige is coming off as a brat as WWE could have easily fired her previously for the Del Rio stuff, that film saved her.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE just wants to treat their roster like employees without the roster getting any of the benefits that would come with it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discussion about whether Paige was injured due to WWE. I concede that the schedule is a contributing factor, but in any court case how can you prove when someone for injured. As Donald said previously wrestling that young will definitely have implications for her.

As for the twitch thing, the crux is that WWE wants to control any social media channels that talent uses their stage names for. That is their right - it is their intellectual property.

I hate some of the things that WWE has done (eg Saudi shows) but I think they are in the right here. If anything, Paige is coming off as a brat as WWE could have easily fired her previously for the Del Rio stuff, that film saved her.
    I think the issue is beyond the intellectual property. The WWE are more than likely about to roll out some crazy shit that's like Twitch and if they have even a handful of talent-because it's not that many who do anything beyond a random tweet via ghost writer on Twitter-on other platforms it takes away from them. I'm not even trying to downplay the bigger picture here, I just don't think it's fair for people to act like Paige is just some bum now and relies on streaming with purple candles.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    WWE just wants to treat their roster like employees without the roster getting any of the benefits that would come with it.
    I don't disagree 100% with this statement because there are layers. It depends on the glasses you are wearing and the mentality you have toward how "success" is measured being a WWE wrestler in 2020. My problem will always be coming up as a kid during the Hogan Rock N Wrestling Era and a teen in the nWo-Attitude era. But what am I measuring that success on comparative to 2020? It's not fair but I continue to go "Oh John Cena, look at the ratings when he was the top guy compared to Steve Austin!" And then someone shows you that in 2010 the WWE had 10x more viewers across the globe than in 1999 and made more money in 2010 than they did in 1999.

Do the talent get anything out of being in the WWE? I'd be curious how Saray's Twitch account would be doing if she were simply the daughter of the Knight family.....You never know, they could have done a documentary still and The Rock would still see it 5-6 years later by some random chance. I mean, he did praise Kevin Owens while KO was in ROH doing his shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I just don't think it's fair for people to act like Paige is just some bum now and relies on streaming with purple candles.
    Who is acting like Paige is some bum? That's such a minuscule opinion.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She has a nice bum.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Who is acting like Paige is some bum? That's such a minuscule opinion.
    I'm proud that you are expanding your vocabulary beyond youtube videos to speak for you VHS. Are you going to give a speech like Rosk about how you had me on ignore and regret taking me off?

Either way that comment wasn't exactly coming from a place of research, it was an exaggerated diagnosis of how over the top Rosk was reacting toward Paige's fuck fuck fuckity fuck rant about not being able to do whatever she wants to do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She has a nice bum.
    I guess Twitch paid for that too.....

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least she got to live part of her dream. How many of us haven't even reached anywhere close to our dream job/life.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I might, they are all at my parents house. I know they are not in the packages.
    It’s okay I don’t have them in the package. Let me know what ones you got and we can sort a deal out, appreciate it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least she got to live part of her dream. How many of us haven't even reached anywhere close to our dream job/life.
    Well, her brother, for sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pic of Paige going to Wrestler's Court:

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, all those billion dollar posters who have me on ignore won't even get to see that gem.

The Rosk
    As for the twitch thing, the crux is that WWE wants to control any social media channels that talent uses their stage names for. That is their right - it is their intellectual property..
    Doesn’t she use her real name for the Twitch handle?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah but don't let facts get in the way.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And with that, ROH has concluded their Pure title tournament. Best thing ROH has done since the build to Jay Lethal’s title win. Fantastic tournament, great matches, and the right choice for champion.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s okay I don’t have them in the package. Let me know what ones you got and we can sort a deal out, appreciate it.
    If you’re interested I think I have a Mountie and a Jim Niedhart new in the package.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll be going up there for Christmas so I can bring them back with me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I addressed his comment earlier but someone pointed out when we first started discussing this a few weeks ago that it didn't matter if they used their real name or not. The WWE's point of view is that they wouldn't have the following on their channel if they didn't work for WWE. I think Xavier Woods uses his real name as well.

Ultimately I get it from WWE's side if they have something in the works that is like Twitch. But the WWE have been the same company since day one. Going all the way back to Vince Sr telling Hulk Hogan he would never work for the company if he did Rocky 3. Look how they panned out lol. The WWE just want to control everything and I get it but on the flipside is this really that big of an issue for them? 6-7 wrestlers shouldn't be that big of a deal but I'm not Vince he's the billionaire not me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole thing just makes no sense from a managerial standpoint. As a performer, if I can't have a social media life outside my main profession because my boss doesn't want me to, then in any other circumstance outside of pro wrestling I would find employment elsewhere.

But looking at it from inside WWE, it's pretty much to their own detriment having them stop their Twitch channels. I would assume most of their followers/subscribers watch them because they're already watching WWE tv, so disallowing that outlet from them could piss some off. It upsets their fanbase, it upsets the wrestlers themselves, and it just takes away their chance to connect w/ fans when the cameras aren't running. Vince doesn't see it as wrestlers attracting and maintaining more fans, he sees it as them making money that he isn't and that's why they can't have their own thing outside pro wrestling. It's dumb.

WWE has for the most part been insanely out of touch w/ what their fans want and how they want to enjoy their product. Like for instance, Tout, remember that? They forced the entire roster to make Tout pages so they could be all edgy and hip to the youngsters and that was a total flop. They had Twitter/Youtube/Facebook/IG already on the rise, but they had to invest millions of dollars on an empty app that nobody was going to use.

Bottom line is they should just let them do whatever the heck they want outside their programming. Just because this is pro wrestling doesn't make it their business what they do in between shows.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t she use her real name for the Twitch handle?
    Ah ok. I read that they were only going after accounts with the trademark names? That changes things, if it is someone's personal account I don't see how they can do that.

I still think she reacted like a brat though. She should have raised in internally, she isn't some teenager she is 28 FFS.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bore off.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The whole thing just makes no sense from a managerial standpoint. As a performer, if I can't have a social media life outside my main profession because my boss doesn't want me to, then in any other circumstance outside of pro wrestling I would find employment elsewhere.

But looking at it from inside WWE, it's pretty much to their own detriment having them stop their Twitch channels. I would assume most of their followers/subscribers watch them because they're already watching WWE tv, so disallowing that outlet from them could piss some off. It upsets their fanbase, it upsets the wrestlers themselves, and it just takes away their chance to connect w/ fans when the cameras aren't running. Vince doesn't see it as wrestlers attracting and maintaining more fans, he sees it as them making money that he isn't and that's why they can't have their own thing outside pro wrestling. It's dumb.

WWE has for the most part been insanely out of touch w/ what their fans want and how they want to enjoy their product. Like for instance, Tout, remember that? They forced the entire roster to make Tout pages so they could be all edgy and hip to the youngsters and that was a total flop. They had Twitter/Youtube/Facebook/IG already on the rise, but they had to invest millions of dollars on an empty app that nobody was going to use.

Bottom line is they should just let them do whatever the heck they want outside their programming. Just because this is pro wrestling doesn't make it their business what they do in between shows.
    A classic example is when they "took over" Zack Ryder's TLIS YouTube channel and it became a watered-down boring mess compared to when he did it on his own.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    This, 1000%.

“You’re classified as independent contractors, but we’re going to control you 100% and get a cut of every source of your income.” Deplorable Vince trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey just saw Brock’s sporting a new beardy look these days....

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sable got short!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed this: Dame 7 has a Ric Flair inspired version

1https://www.adidas.com/us/dame-7-shoes/FX6619.html

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should say "Shoooooooe!"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Should say "Shoooooooe!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it looks like they're wrapping up The Undertaker character at Survivor Series with a "Final Farewell". Exactly 30 years to the day of his debut. I hope they pull out all the stops and have everybody alive and a vital part of his career there, and make a spectacle of it. Then have Roman come out to kill him off.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's amazing that it's the actual day. Didn't know that. Yeah, someone killing him and then burying him would be amazing. With our luck though Vince is gonna want Lars Sullivan to do it.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted in the UUDD thread but here too for good measure.

I know this is years old but this came up on my Youtube suggestions. Big Show no selling the shock game yet protecting KO from what was about to come is just fucking great!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should say "Shoooooooe!"
    I enjoyed that

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I enjoyed that
    The dumbest shit is the funniest.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dumbest shit is the funniest.
    If Ric Flair endorsed a toilet product he’d be saying “Loooooool!”

If Ric Flair did a Shotzi Blackheart and endorsed his own shit he’d be saying “Poooooool!”

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ric Flair endorsed a chimney pipe, he's be saying "Floooooooo!"

If Ric Flair endorsed a sticky product meant to re-attach broken stuff, he'd be selling "Glluuuuuuuuuueeee"

If Ric Flair endorsed a park full of animals he'd be saying "Zooooooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ric Flair marries again....

Alimooooooooooooooony!!!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His favorite director is John Woo

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ric Flair got with RVD, he’d take him up spaced mountain.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why did Kaval get released in 2010?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he asked for it.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://shop.wwe.com/undertaker-x-snoop-dogg/

Undertaker x Snoop Dogg because....why not?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call this a hot take if you want and I do love the guy but they’re milking the fuck out of Taker now. The end to the Last Ride doc was great and let him have his final Farewell but please let the memories be after that.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. If this farewell is legit and not setting up something, I'm hoping it's closing the book for a good long while. I'm ok with him popping up to chokeslam a fool here and there down the road but hopefully it'll be like Flair/HBK and be a pretty definitive period at the end of the story.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t mind the odd cameo after either but unless it’s some theatrical amaze balls crow shit with Sting, after Survivor Series enough already Vince! Keep the hammer in the emergency glass as much as you can.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    it's very likely taker wont be around after this. I mean he just opened a tik tok.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could this be, *gasp, a good t-shirt design?!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it's not another black t-shirt.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What is the I made out of?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A whole lot o' jiggle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What is the I made out of?
    Hungry Jack since it's 2020

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news everyone. The Great Sasuke has once again won the Great Space War so Earth is safe for another year.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Good news everyone. The Great Sasuke has once again won the Great Space War so Earth is safe for another year.
    Who needs the Space Force when you've got that dude around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    To those that are unfamiliar with this "match", please look it up. I posted one below but it's not even the best one. They're long as shit but that's ok, some of the characters they have in these matches like Darth Vader, Capt America, Yoda, Batman, The Joker, Green Ranger, etc. fucking hilarious. This was the first time I ever saw the whole barrel dive lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean you could win POTTY 2020 here