Page 208 of 245 FirstFirst ... 198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,800 of 24466

Thread: The VIP Thread

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it means some people are being oysters.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "In an attempt to help others"

How? By saying "Hey, if you've ever had a moment in your life where you wanted to jump the rail, do your wrestling pose, kill your former boss and then yourself in front of 70,000 people and millions worldwide....Just know that while I have CTE and OTTWS (over the top wrestler syndrome) then take it from me, Tommy Dreamer, the Innovator of Violence who stole Raven's pose, that you're not alone!!"

lol.

I'm curious as to why he even brought it up. Did someone hit him up talking about how they were on a murder-suicide trip and wanted his advice?

Or was this just another example of wrestlers being stupid over the top and weird for no reason? I was literally just listening to Greg Gagne talk about how he was going to throw Eric Bischoff out a 4th story window over some make believe contract dispute......What the fuck is wrong with people?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Who does this help? This reminds me of other random confessions that came out of nowhere. Like when Liam Neeson "opened up" about how he responded to finding out his friend was raped:

“My immediate reaction was,” he begins, “I asked, did she know who it was? No. ‘What color were they?’ She said it was a black person. I went up and down areas with a cosh [a heavy stick], hoping I’d be approached by somebody–I’m ashamed to say that—and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could—kill him.”
    No one asked for these admissions

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Exactly. Who does this help? This reminds me of other random confessions that came out of nowhere. Like when Liam Neeson "opened up" about how he responded to finding out his friend was raped:

No one asked for these admissions
    lots of people who are depressed or having suicidal
    ideations can have violent thoughts involving themselves or others, and given their state of mind, having those thoughts can cause a lot of guilt, which compounds the situation. but there's nothing wrong with having the thoughts. learning to not let thoughts overtake and control you, is a positive step in addressing your mental health. seeing someone have these dark thoughts and come out the other side could help any number of people.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sometimes when you say your thoughts out loud, or to someone, you realize yourself how wrong they are. When I write down depressive thoughts, and re-read them at a later time, I realize I'm in the wrong and it definitely helps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    lots of people who are depressed or having suicidal
    ideations can have violent thoughts involving themselves or others, and given their state of mind, having those thoughts can cause a lot of guilt, which compounds the situation. but there's nothing wrong with having the thoughts. learning to not let thoughts overtake and control you, is a positive step in addressing your mental health. seeing someone have these dark thoughts and come out the other side could help any number of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Sometimes when you say your thoughts out loud, or to someone, you realize yourself how wrong they are. When I write down depressive thoughts, and re-read them at a later time, I realize I'm in the wrong and it definitely helps.
    What you both said is true, and I have no problem with Dreamer opening up about his suicidal thoughts. It's the admission that he thought about killing someone else that I have a problem with. All he had to say was he contemplated suicide, and left Paul E out of it.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you both said is true, and I have no problem with Dreamer opening up about his suicidal thoughts. It's the admission that he thought about killing someone else that I have a problem with. All he had to say was he contemplated suicide, and left Paul E out of it.
    Have you honestly never thought about hurting somebody who has wronged you?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Have you honestly never thought about hurting somebody who has wronged you?
    Have you ever gone on your own podcast 18 years later and brought up out of thin air how you were wanting to do a murder-suicide while also doing your wrestling pose at the same time? Lol.

I'm not trying to shit on a real suicidal thought, I'm more commentating on how over the fucking top the story was and how wrestlers from his generation and before are always so over the top. Like we won't truly believe the story unless it's this insane.

What's next? He thought about rigging Vince's limo to blow up for real while standing on top of it making out with Kimona and Beulah?

Dreamer was probably like, "I'm Tommy Dreamer, I'm hardcore, nobody is going to be kosher with just a normal thought of suicide so let me get EXTREME!!!"

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was being honest about feelings he once had that had been brought back up because of the suicide of a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reality check; millions of people have these kinds of thoughts all the time. shaming people for having them is more detrimental that you think it is. having open, honest discussions about mental health and suicide involve taking about these kinds of things, not tsk tsk'ing people.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    reality check; millions of people have these kinds of thoughts all the time. shaming people for having them is more detrimental that you think it is. having open, honest discussions about mental health and suicide involve taking about these kinds of things, not tsk tsk'ing people.

we cant as a society, beg people to open up and talk about things and then call them crazy when they do.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We're all crazy but that's what I love about us.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post

we cant as a society, beg people to open up and talk about things and then call them crazy when they do.
    Sometimes when people open up you find out they are in fact batshit crazy. Dreamer embellishing on some Benoit shit.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially considering the context. A friend of his committed suicide, so he relates a personal story of some of his darkest times and thoughts to emphasise that shit does get better.

The sad thing is the people who cast stones with this kind of stuff are generally the ones who fear having those thoughts, so are ironically the people who need to talk about them more.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what bothers me the most is that Dreamer admitted not just to having these thoughts and planning it all out, but he also took action - he admitted he had the gun and the plans were getting closer to reality - it was only the random voice message from JR that snapped him out of it. Like Liam Neeson's admission of not just wanting to hurt someone else, but he actually walked around in bad neighborhoods carrying a weapon, just hoping for someone to "come at him" so he'd be "justified" a la George Zimmerman.

Hanging around other crazy people seems to make your own crazy behavior appear more normal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maria's pregnant again. Fucking hell, has there ever been a more thankful couple to be getting a top shelf paycheck?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Maria's pregnant again. Fucking hell, has there ever been a more thankful couple to be getting a top shelf paycheck?
    Perhaps maybe Sable / Brock, to the extent that they both work less, and get paid more?

Rollins / Becky should both be pretty thankful for the spots they are in right now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I an asshole for thinking that if you get pregnant while under contract that it's like going out and purposely breaking your leg to get 8-9 months off?

The flipside is it's not like we're talking about Becky Lynch here.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Am I an asshole for thinking that if you get pregnant while under contract that it's like going out and purposely breaking your leg to get 8-9 months off?

The flipside is it's not like we're talking about Becky Lynch here.
    Yes, you're an asshole, but not just for thinking that.

Remember, WWE doesn't provide wrestlers with health insurance, so whenever I read of a wrestler getting a win like this, I cheer for them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Yes, you're an asshole, but not just for thinking that.

Remember, WWE doesn't provide wrestlers with health insurance, so whenever I read of a wrestler getting a win like this, I cheer for them.
    I mean as a father of 4 I can take the heat. lol.

Who is this a win for? Maria isn't a wrestler. So her need for health insurance isn't going to be related to anything in the ring. And Mike will still be on the road so he's not exactly "winning".

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about you guys shut up and let the cuck angle roll along

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh no you told them

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    how about you guys shut up and let the cuck angle roll along
    lol.

If Maria and Mike ever want to know why they're in that stupid fucking gimmick, rewind a few years and listen to Maria shoot on the WWE, specifically the Bellas. I'm not saying she's in the wrong at all one bit for what she's said over the years, I actually think she's telling the truth on all of it, but yeah.....They motherfucked her man.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole angle reeked of Heyman

reeked in a good way like rvd

not his ass sweat

weed, talkin bout dank skunky weed

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole angle reeked of Heyman

reeked in a good way like rvd

not his ass sweat

weed, talkin bout dank skunky weed
    lol. I have to watch Raw tonight (HULU buddy!) but I have heard a couple different things about it. Some good, mostly bad lol. We'll see.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i enjoyed it a bunch, to be honest. it came out of nowhere and was pretty brutal

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i enjoyed it a bunch, to be honest. it came out of nowhere and was pretty brutal
    It's a damn shame she's pregnant and has to travel so much. She could probably still be on camera if flying while pregnant wasn't such a risk. She has a little bit of time left. Unless she wants to be pro choice.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    You mean pro women choose what they want?

That doesn't mean she would want to terminate it.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has the pregnancy been confirmed as legit?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the rest of you can't see how this is all about bringing Snitsky back, then I don't have time to spell it out for you.

Or do I?

I actually found the segment interesting. Am kinda actually wondering where they take it

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am well aware of the mental health issues people struggle with around the world and how important it is to talk about them. Dreamer has the right to discuss these thoughts in private or group sessions with a licensed Therapist or even just a friend. WWE should be kept in the loop as well. Going public with his intention to murder his old boss is crossing the line, but we're just going to have to disagree on this.

I never called him crazy.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am well aware of the mental health issues people struggle with around the world and how important it is to talk about them. Dreamer has the right to discuss these thoughts in private or group sessions with a licensed Therapist or even just a friend. WWE should be kept in the loop as well. Going public with his intention to murder his old boss is crossing the line, but we're just going to have to disagree on this.

I never called him crazy.
    talking about this shit publicly is what helps to destigmatize it for those in the greater world who are struggling and aren't seeking the help of professionals. this isn't as subjective a discussion as you think it is. you might be 'aware' of mental health issues and the need to communicate about them, but you don't know shit about what it actually takes to tackle and treat them.

as far as calling him crazy; what do you think saying he shouldn't be taking about those thoughts publicly is implying? it pushes guilt and shame. makes people think oh, other people get uncomfortable and nervous, so i cant bring these things up, cause they're crazy thoughts that other people don't have and won't understand.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a damn shame she's pregnant and has to travel so much. She could probably still be on camera if flying while pregnant wasn't such a risk. She has a little bit of time left. Unless she wants to be pro choice.
    What a fucking weird weird post. 'Got a nice little angle on TV going here centered around me being pregnant better terminate it so i can keep flying to shows'.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it actually been confirmed officially she is actually pregnant?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed officially she is actually pregnant?
    She apparently posted a photo on instagram confirming it with the test in it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine if it turns out that Mike is the one who is actually pregnant shit be wild

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine if it turns out that Mike is the one who is actually pregnant shit be wild
    Both of them are

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The final reveal is who the father of both their babies are

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Snitsky

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck, this is good shit

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Snitsky is reformed and he secretly loves babies now.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if they had sex while pregnant and now both of their babies are pregnant too?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    What if they had sex while pregnant and now both of their babies are pregnant too?
    This would make Snitsky very confused I imagine.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck even I'm confused

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    This would make Snitsky very confused I imagine.
    Then it wasn't his fault?

Bagel
    https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/1145756438217678848

Macho Man elbow drop as a windshield wiper

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares about that when there's more important issues like whether Gene has fathered Mike and Maria's kids after a menage a trois?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Who cares about that when there's more important issues like whether Gene has fathered Mike and Maria's kids after a menage a trois?
    I think his bacne is the father.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think his bacne is the father.
    Nah it's gotta be the beard. It's so long it can impregnate two people and the two seeds within their wombs at the same time.

Actually maybe Rowan is the father.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/1145756438217678848

Macho Man elbow drop as a windshield wiper

I may just spend an hour tonight scrolling thru this feed.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only Savage remembered how Royal Rumbles work. Like don't go over the toprope.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You like how Vince didn't want Randy wrestling anymore in 1993 because he was old? Lesnar, Cena, and Styles are older than Savage was in 1993 now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meanwhile, a few years later, Jerry Lawler was wrestling Bret Hart

the Savage = Old story sounds like complete BS

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Even Hogan was still there in 93 and wrestling, and he was less a year younger than Savage. Savage, behind Hogan, was probably your most marketable star. Makes no sense.

I too think the story is BS, but then why have Macho on commentary?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestlemania 9 is just a weird use of stars. They take an absolute kicking inside a year with Jake, Sid, Warrior, Bulldog and Flair leaving the company since WM8. The latter 4 had mained or co-mained Wrestlemania or Summerslam in 1992. But they still have Hogan and Savage, still the top 2 stars in the industry. So of course one goes in a tag match and one on commentary. It's almost as if they wanted to sink like a stone to make it easier to come back from the steroid trial.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Happy birthday to one the most kind, sweetest, most gentlest posters to ever grade these Rajah forums. A man who brings a smile to all our faces, love to all our hearts, and raging erections to all our pants. Happy birthday, @Morrison

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So young, yet so wise. Happy birthday.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks hero

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Wrestlemania 9 is just a weird use of stars. They take an absolute kicking inside a year with Jake, Sid, Warrior, Bulldog and Flair leaving the company since WM8. The latter 4 had mained or co-mained Wrestlemania or Summerslam in 1992. But they still have Hogan and Savage, still the top 2 stars in the industry. So of course one goes in a tag match and one on commentary. It's almost as if they wanted to sink like a stone to make it easier to come back from the steroid trial.
    I have to agree with a lot of this. A match like Hogan/Beefcake v. Money Inc. wasn't a bad idea as much as it was on the wrong ppv. Summerslam? Sure. Royal Rumble to keep Hogan out of it? Sure. But what the fuck?

And someone help me out here, would WM 9 have been the start of the feud Savage wanted with HBK? Imagine that match. It would have stolen the show.

But they had to work with what they had. There wasn't exactly a "fish in the barrel" mentality for wrestling talent around this time and what the WWF did sign they basically murdered. Think of the top tier guys from the last of the territories they picked up and turned into plumbers? Lol. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    What a fucking weird weird post. 'Got a nice little angle on TV going here centered around me being pregnant better terminate it so i can keep flying to shows'.
    Are you saying terminate the pregnancy or the angle?

Because I'm simply wondering how the mentality of "there's only so many spots" comes into play. For the talent it sucks even more. They were just starting to get something poppin with them on 205 Live and the next thing you know they're randomly on Raw doing some wild 1996 ECW shit.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have to agree with a lot of this. A match like Hogan/Beefcake v. Money Inc. wasn't a bad idea as much as it was on the wrong ppv. Summerslam? Sure. Royal Rumble to keep Hogan out of it? Sure. But what the fuck?

And someone help me out here, would WM 9 have been the start of the feud Savage wanted with HBK? Imagine that match. It would have stolen the show.

But they had to work with what they had. There wasn't exactly a "fish in the barrel" mentality for wrestling talent around this time and what the WWF did sign they basically murdered. Think of the top tier guys from the last of the territories they picked up and turned into plumbers? Lol. Fuck.

Just watched WrestleMania IX the other day, and it may have been my first or second time watching it since it aired live back in 1993, but I didn't think it was as bad as many make it out to be. It's not a great show, but it's not terrible either.

I enjoyed Michaels vs. Tatanka, the Headshrinkers vs. the Steiners, and the silliness of two Doinks. Plus I liked the attack on Mr. Perfect by Shawn Michaels and the Bret/Yoko match.

Only real stinkers are Taker/Gonzalez and the Hogan stuff at the end.

If this show didn't have announcers dressed in togas, I think people would remember it more fondly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched WrestleMania IX the other day, and it may have been my first or second time watching it since it aired live back in 1993, but I didn't think it was as bad as many make it out to be. It's not a great show, but it's not terrible either.

I enjoyed Michaels vs. Tatanka, the Headshrinkers vs. the Steiners, and the silliness of two Doinks. Plus I liked the attack on Mr. Perfect by Shawn Michaels and the Bret/Yoko match.

Only real stinkers are Taker/Gonzalez and the Hogan stuff at the end.

If this show didn't have announcers dressed in togas, I think people would remember it more fondly.
    I think at the time I wasn't super negative to the show. But when you get older and the Mania's that follow years later in comparison, hard to watch it and still have that same 12 year old mentality lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love WrestleMania 9. It's in my top 5 most def.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I thought Rhyno still worked for the WWE

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I thought Rhyno still worked for the WWE
    I believe he just left maybe 2 months ago if that. Can you believe that dude is only 43? Seems like he's been around 30 years.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I recall them doing a "if you lose you're fired" match but then reports said it was just an angle. Next thing I know he shows up to wrestle in front of 10 people.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    ECW Champ in 2000 right? Didn't know he was so young

I smell a plot with Don Callis and all these ECW guys

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is weird how often TNA/Impact resorts to doing something ECW-related. I wasn't even a fan of the WWE doing it a few years back with the Wyatt Family.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like he was offered a lot to stay with WWE, but he wanted to wrestle more and that's why he left.

You ever think that if you didn't know about contracts, where people are going, etc. how much better wrestling would be? Like you're watching AEW and you see Dean Ambrose appear you'd be like Holy Shit, I thought Bobby Lashley injured him and he was going to return! Didn't expect this!

I guess we could say Rhyno did that because no one knew he left WWE

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he was offered a lot to stay with WWE, but he wanted to wrestle more and that's why he left.
    Yeah he said WWE offered to double his salary but it seems pointless to do something like that when you're using him at all. Literally the guy hasn't even wrestled on house shows and it's not like he's going to move the needle for any company.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    UK peeps, MLW starts on freesport in 15 mins.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was glad to see that Del Wilkes, The Patriot, say he backed out of the lawsuit against WWE for CTE issues because he barely wrestled for Vince and had his health issues from other companies, so it wasn't fair to sue WWE. I feel like WWE was being sued because they have money and are the most recognizable company in the world after AEW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apropos of nothing, but imagine if Bruce Prichard had gotten his way and brought in The Patriot in the 80’s. Given his size, physique, and pro-America gimmick he’d have been over enormously in the Hogan era.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought The Patriot's outfit was really cool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was glad to see that Del Wilkes, The Patriot, say he backed out of the lawsuit against WWE for CTE issues because he barely wrestled for Vince and had his health issues from other companies, so it wasn't fair to sue WWE. I feel like WWE was being sued because they have money and are the most recognizable company in the world after AEW.
    It was for a sure a cash grab. If you look @ the list of wrestlers, almost all of them spent a very brief time working for the WWF/E. I remember thinking, how is Demolition Ax going to be on this list when he worked for Vince Jr for like 3 years whereas he was wrestling everywhere else a combined 40 years?

I think I saw SABU on the list at one point and I'm like, for real? It was that 4 month stretch you worked for WWECW not the 20+ for FMW, ECW, and TNA? Ok.

Now if we saw someone like Tito Santana on that list, sure. He worked for the McMahons for about 14 -15 years. Or if we saw John Morrison. We didn't really see a lot of wrestlers who were in the WWE for a good chunk of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Apropos of nothing, but imagine if Bruce Prichard had gotten his way and brought in The Patriot in the 80’s. Given his size, physique, and pro-America gimmick he’d have been over enormously in the Hogan era.
    Maybe. His pro-America gimmick was almost a little much with the mask. And you already had Hogan, Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, shit even Volkoff went all pro-USA.

Although I did like The Patriot. I watched a lot of his work in Global on ESPN and some stuff in WCW I think with Marcus Bagwell. He definitely didn't fit in 1997 WWF.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the "Rusev Day" chants and Shane responded "noted"?

Guess he forgot to write it down and pushed himself instead.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much influence Shane has. When he wants. On anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope he has enough to get his World Championship reign.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

To be fair, Shane > Rusev.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Shane > Rusev.
    Really? I thought you'd be a fan of Rusev.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Really? I thought you'd be a fan of Rusev.
    He's alright, I enjoyed him much more when he was the big bad foreigner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I hope he has enough to get his World Championship reign.
    What's funny is some super small random wrestling message board poster kicked around an idea that Shane was being set up to dethrone Kofi. A bunch of other sites ran with that post like it was actual news but it did make some sense with how Shane's been booked. I mean, someone has to put this dude in his place and I guess KO could be the guy.

Funny how this is working out. The Shane-Kevin Owens rivalry has been going for a good 2-3 years now. Remember, a year ago they battled at Mania. Now their in opposite roles and it's working just as well as when Shane was the babyface.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a strange week for wrestling....Enzo v. Jobber Janoli get into at a Blink 182 concert (go listen to Jim Cornette's assessment of that scrap, fucking hilarious). Tito Ortiz and Alberto Del Rio announced a future MMA bout against each other. Anything else I'm missing?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owens has only been face a short time not counting his brief stint in the New Day and he already has looked much better than Miz since he turned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owens has only been face a short time not counting his brief stint in the New Day and he already has looked much better than Miz since he turned.
    Are we talking in terms of the feuds with Shane?

If so, the only thing I will say is that they are 2 different feuds. While I believe The Miz thrives greatly as a heel, he did a very very good job as a babyface feuding with Shane.

I know a lot of people get excited when the 4th wall gets broken down. KO "shooting" on Shane works well here. We've had all this time since the best in the world tournament and everything that unfolded with The Miz and Roman that now we're to a point where we need a guy like Kevin Owens doing his Ring of Honor babyface gimmick. For those that don't know, check out the Kevin Owens-Jim Cornette stuff or Kevin Owens-Matt Hardy-SCUM feud. Brilliant shit if you want to know what KO as a face is like against the authority or hand picked superstars getting one over on him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My god, can Miz be any deader as a face? Please Paul, turn this around.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin is great in an angle where he has a legitimate gripe about something. He seems like a naturally frustrated person anyway so when you give him a real good fucking over his promos just go off the charts.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My god, can Miz be any deader as a face? Please Paul, turn this around.
    This company can't book a baby face to save their fucking lives. As usual they notice that a heel is getting a face reaction so they turn them. Then have them stop doing all the things that were getting them cheered. Then wonder why he isn't getting a face pop anymore.

The crowd wants Miz to say "when my hand goes up your mouth goes shut." They just want him to say it to a heel. They want him to cut those angry promos where his head is shaking and he's all intense and red faced. They just want him to cut them on a heel.

They do this shit every single time they turn someone. I guess it's their way of keeping from admitting that the crowd is in control not them but their lack of ability to get over themselves continues to cripple their ability to entertain anyone.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz has held his own as a face, but he's only had one real feud against Shane, and they forgot the cardinal rule of making a face - the fans will only truly embrace a face in that role if he goes over.

Once they decided one Shane going over, Miz was cooked. But he had that MizTV segment with Samoa Joe where he showed he can handle the face role well. He has the respect of the crowd as they trust that he will be entertaining whenever he comes out. His ring work is never going to be super flashy but he understands how to tell a story in the ring better than most. But timing was poor this past week, as the Miz being in the celebrity softball game at the All-Star game, undoubtedly for the Miz & Mrs show, so he is left off another PPV. If they continue in their current roles, I would be down for a Miz vs Sami Zayn feud

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah exactly, it was the type of feud that Shane should have got his ultimate comeuppance piking fun at Miz's father every week but didn't. It was pretty deflating.

I hope they can still turn it around for him and Zayn would be a decent choice of opponent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No what he said was "No ted" we are ted.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    No what he said was "No ted" we are ted.
    Ted would probably struggle with the wellness policy.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ted would probably struggle with the wellness policy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Couldn't see it being discussed anywhere else, so I'll ask here.

Did anybody see the Evolve show from Saturday night?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was fairly entertaining. If you're someone who really feels like you need to know the ins and outs of everything to stay invested over the course of the show, this probably isn't your cup of tea. The title versus title match was pretty good. The matches with the 205 Live/NXT performers were what you would expect.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Started watching it yesterday before Extreme Rules. Made it through the women's hardcore match. Holy fucking shit that dive into the chairs....RIP Green Jelly

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Yes, Anthony Green and Curt Stallion stood out as future stars.
    JD Drake was awesome although he seemed to gas out or oversell a beating, I don't know which.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Saw this on a WWE Unreleased matches DVD. It was Duane Gill and Barry Hardy as the Turtles. Fun little piece of WWF history.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I’ve seen of it, Vince trying to cash in on the populate turtles of the 90’s.