NL Champions: Nationals

World Series Champions - Tigers

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. This thread cannot be made until January 1 and I will not let you ruin my streak of starting it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Bromance over.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, no pre-season favorite for the Blue Jays in the playoffs? IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blue Jays will do OK because they've improved their pitching immensely. I reckon it's between them and the Angels.

My Cubbies should do better than last year with a near complete pitching overhaul. Still wont get near the playoffs but it won't be another 100 loss season.

The Marlins look fucked though. Won't be surprised to see them go 50-112 or something silly.

How does everyone see more inter league games affecting the picture, if it does at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see the Orioles or Rangers making the playoffs again this year. The Yankees/Rays/Blue Jays trio in the east just looks too good, and the Red Sox could contend if they grab another quality starter at some point along the way. I feel like the Orioles had a lot of luck last year and are due for a fall back to earth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Miotch View Post
    No. This thread cannot be made until January 1 and I will not let you ruin my streak of starting it.
    I made the thread 2 years ago. Your "streak" is like your supposed heterosexuality - a giant lie.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, Brian the Yankees and Red Sox will both be shit this year. Yankees pitching is average at best and their offense takes a fairly major hit with Swisher, Ibanez and no Arod until the break. The bullpen should be solid but I dont think they have the rotation or offense to be competitive. The Red Sox are just awful. Their lineup is a giant mess. Not sure how they are a starter away from a playoff spot. And acquiring another closer from a subpar NL team isnt going to be the answer to their bullpen woes either. Wouldnt be surprised to see them finish last in the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, as long as the Napoli signing goes through, I don't have a huge problem with the offense. It's nothing amazing, but Ellsbury/Pedroia/Ortiz/Napoli/Middlebrooks isn't a horrible top five of the order. It gets a little dicey at the back end, I'll grant you that. The rotation is a bit fucked. When I said another starter, I meant a top end guy. Like, trading Ellsbury for Cliff Lee or something insane like that which probably won't happen. I would not be surprised to see them finish last in the East, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they finished say third, which would likely throw them into wild card contention.

As far as the Yankees go, I think they are going to fall apart every year and it never fucking happens so I've stopped hoping at this point. All of your points are logical though.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will have tough competition with Cincy fhis year: Astros are gone. which sucks: So 2 wildcard teams are
    permanent now, eh?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochoa View Post
    We will have tough competition with Cincy fhis year: Astros are gone. which sucks: So 2 wildcard teams are
    permanent now, eh?
    Yeah that is until they make the next modification.

So now interleague play will be constant. Should be an interesting shake up. I'm for it- the uneven divisions always pissed me off.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astros to AL west means no more basement dwelling, so im ok so far

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think the Astros will be dire for quite some time in the AL West. Also seems odd to have them in the West, as they're about as far to the west as KC is, but that's a totally different matter. Is Clemens coming back to sell tickets/reset his HOF clock?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who is ready for the shitstorm in a few minutes when they announce the Hall of Fame class of 2013?

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the Baseball Writers of America.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are not all bad. Just most of them.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You have to be fucking kidding me.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Congrats to
    on making it to the HOF

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Laaaaaame

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The voting system needs to be overhauled. Been saying that for years.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also anyone that turned in a blank ballot should have their vote taken away. Get tired of hearing voters doing that.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I would have liked to see Bonds and Clemens get in on their first ballot, I don't think there's anything wrong with every so often having a year where no one gets in. It actually makes a lot of sense- if no one's deserving don't force someone in just to have the ceremony.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think that there are deserving candidates though on this ballot. If there was a year where there were really not any good enough people to put in then fair enough but I don't think this is one of those years.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I think that there are deserving candidates though on this ballot. If there was a year where there were really not any good enough people to put in then fair enough but I don't think this is one of those years.
    I agree, but I don't think the voting system needs an overhaul because of this year's results. This should be the outcome every once in a while. I just think they need better voters.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought the system needed to be changed before this outcome. Not because of this outcome. Part of an overhaul would be to get better voters. This is just not a good system and plenty of crap voters out there.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have no problem with the votes this year. Guys like Clemens and Bonds are still eligible and it gives us another year to sort out where the steroid era is going to lead us. I also dont think Biggio or Bagwell are first ballot guys.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is there really a difference between a first ballot guy or at 12 ballot guy if they are both in the Hall at the end of the day? Never understood why people have to make that distinction.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I thought the system needed to be changed before this outcome. Not because of this outcome. Part of an overhaul would be to get better voters. This is just not a good system and plenty of crap voters out there.
    Aside from the bad voters, what are the problems with the system? This is not me disagreeing, I just don't know much about how it works and its pitfalls.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The distinction is made because it has been made for many many years. Normally I am against continuing to do something just because that is the way it was done before.... however when it comes to something like this I do think you want to honor those traditions. To me I do not make a distinction ballots 2-20 though.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Aside from the bad voters, what are the problems with the system? This is not me disagreeing, I just don't know much about how it works and its pitfalls.
    Basically you have a shit ton of "writers" that are voting. Just too many people voting and honestly as you know a crap load of terrible voters as we have seen over the years. So the whole qualification of voters. Also voters are limited to only voting for 10 people. I have been reading where a lot of voters have detailed where that is a problem as well and would like more votes some years.

I would like to seem them adopt something like the NFL Hall of Fame process.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    The distinction is made because it has been made for many many years. Normally I am against continuing to do something just because that is the way it was done before.... however when it comes to something like this I do think you want to honor those traditions. To me I do not make a distinction ballots 2-20 though.
    Just curious people's views since they don't put down how many ballots it took a guy to get in when they put their plaque up.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No problem. I think its an interesting discussion when people actually do that and discuss rather than it turning into a slap fight which happens all too often...

I do not like the football process because sometimes I feel like there are not 6 guys worthy to go in but they have a rule that there must be that many each year.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well there are pros and cons to the NFL's process as well. They have to put 4 people in no matter what. Well yeah there are probably years that 4 people are not really worthy. Still think it works out better though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they would have a hard time voting in 4 guys this year pending on their stance on the PED guys.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad none of them got in. I hope they never do. I also hope they dont look the other way on guys like A-Rod, Ortiz and Pettitte simply because they took a more intelligent approach to how they handled their cheating. At the end of the day, those guys failed tests too.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig Biggio and Jack Morris have nothing to do with the steroid conversation, and it's fucking disgusting that the baseball writers don't seem to give a shit. If no one got in this year and the highest vote was 69% (tee hee) then why would Biggio ever deserve to go in? Making him wait some how makes him more qualified? It's a stupid fucking system that allows the BWA to sit atop their holier than thou perch, and this has nothing to do with the steroids issue.

As far as that goes, it's my personal opinion that the HoF should be inclusive of everyone that tells the story of baseball. Without Mac and Sosa we might not even have the sport today. They brought the fan base back. Additionally, how are you even going to differentiate between the guys that did steroids and the guys that didn't? Can anyone in here look at me in the face and tell me they honestly believe Mike Piazza didn't take them? There's no positive test or testimony linking him to them though. So should he get in? Whether baseball likes it or not, Barry Bonds is the home run king. That guy really shouldn't be in the hall of fame? I say put them all in, if they're deserving.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Morris shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame because he wasn't good enough to be in the Hall of Fame. Biggio is the issue I have.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate that guys cheated and even though we feel like they cheated we don't know if/when they cheated and/or for how long. It would be one thing if someone comes back and said I cheated the whole time. So far out of the guys that have admitted it except for Canseco they pretty much said they only did it in chunks of time. So do you try to figure out what they did during that time and take it away from them? Bonds is probably one of the best players to play the game. I believe he cheated but even so he was bound for the Hall of Fame in my view anyway. Great player. Like Miotch said whether we like it or not he is the home run king. Like it or not Big Mac and Sosa helped bring fans back to the game. Unless we have positive tests are confessions how can you differentiate between all of these guys. Not like we don't have cheaters in the Hall anyway.

Just lame that Biggio and Morris didn't get in. I honestly feel like Murphy, Raines and Lee should be in as well but I know that people have different opinions on those guys.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggio and Piazza should have gotten in, imo. Morris isn't getting in now with Maddux, Glavine and Thomas on next year's ballot. I wish Bagwell got more love too.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Jack Morris shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame because he wasn't good enough to be in the Hall of Fame. Biggio is the issue I have.
    A 5 time All Star with 2 World Series rings, an 18 year long career, nearly 2,5000 strikeouts, and a career ERA at 3.9 which is artificially inflated due to his last 2 abortion-esque seasons is hall worth in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with Mitch on this. I have no desire to go to a Hall Of Fame where the best players from the era in which I grew up are not represented. Yes, some of them cheated. Cheating has been a part of baseball for many, many years. There were no written rules against using steroids back then. No tests. No reason for players not to do it. So most of them did. But the cream of the crop still stood out. Steroids don't automatically make you the best player in baseball. Barry Bonds already was a Hall Of Famer, and yes steroids helped him hit 73 homers, but he was probably going to hit 55-60 that year regardless. Nobody knows the full effect of performance enhancing drugs, but there were some utter shitheads who couldn't get out of the minors who were taking them too. So it wasn't automatic "You are now a god at baseball" juice.

So now what we have is a Hall Of Fame where the two guys who saved the game, the home run king, and the all time hits leader aren't represented. I'm all set, thanks.

Also I agree with Defrost that Morris doesn't deserve to be in. Which, after Mitch's last post, means I don't COMPLETELY agree with him about this year's vote.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I love the high and mighty stance people take about cheaters in baseball, a sport where cheating is actually acceptable and allowed.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many players in the "glory" days took greenies and other performance enhancers that this argument is dumb. So they took substances that weren't illegal at the time. Big deal, so many people were cheaters, or amoral, or just bad people that its ridiculous to play a moral high card.

Ty Cobb- Murderer
    Babe Ruth- womanizer
    Hank Aaron- took greenies

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why is it morally wrong to be a womanizer?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When you're already married it is...

I understand why nobody was voted in, but I'd like for Biggio to get in at some point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tough to compare greenies with Steroids.

Also, I dont think being immoral is an issue. I do think taking a player who was nothing special and allowing him to represent baseball in the Hall of Fame because he roided his face off would be a gross injustice.

At the end of the day, the Hall of Fame will be a joke until they let Pete Rose in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is, none of the men being considered would have been "nothing special" without roids. Clemens and Bonds were both Hall Of Famers before the roid speculation started. Could they have been doing them their whole careers? Sure I suppose. But I feel like most people think roids became prominent around '96 or '97, and both of those men had already won MVP awards at that point.

I feel like McGwire and Sosa should be in just because they brought baseball back to the forefront of American sports. Even though now we know they were on performance enhancers (let's face it, we all knew it then. Nobody wanted to admit it), it was still a special time that should be remembered for saving the sport.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    I completely agree with Mitch on this. I have no desire to go to a Hall Of Fame where the best players from the era in which I grew up are not represented. Yes, some of them cheated. Cheating has been a part of baseball for many, many years. There were no written rules against using steroids back then. No tests. No reason for players not to do it. So most of them did. But the cream of the crop still stood out. Steroids don't automatically make you the best player in baseball. Barry Bonds already was a Hall Of Famer, and yes steroids helped him hit 73 homers, but he was probably going to hit 55-60 that year regardless. Nobody knows the full effect of performance enhancing drugs, but there were some utter shitheads who couldn't get out of the minors who were taking them too. So it wasn't automatic "You are now a god at baseball" juice.

So now what we have is a Hall Of Fame where the two guys who saved the game, the home run king, and the all time hits leader aren't represented. I'm all set, thanks.

Also I agree with Defrost that Morris doesn't deserve to be in. Which, after Mitch's last post, means I don't COMPLETELY agree with him about this year's vote.
    Bonds had never even hit 50, what makes you think he was gonna hit 60 that year?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miotch View Post
    I hate the Baseball Writers of America.
    I bet they all brag about driving their fucking Prius's and how awful everyone else is for wrecking the environment.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know someone that would be a great voter but because he works for MLB.com he is not allowed to be a member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonds had never even hit 50, what makes you think he was gonna hit 60 that year?
    I'm just not convinced that steroids make a 25 home run difference. Some guys just have years where they hit a fuck ton more home runs than usual.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kevin Towers is a fucking retard.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone else surprised that Dice K is back with Francona???

Yes, it is just a minor league contract but Francona was there front and center for every one of his failures...

If I was Francona I woulda said "No risk in a minor league contract but its still not worth my headache"...
    Last edited by Reveille; February 13th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a front office decision and doesn't have anything to do with the manager.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Come on, you really don't think they went to Terry for his opinion???

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Terry has worked with him before was probably one of the reasons they thought it would be a good fit.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I was Terry I woulda said I quit (kidding) the second they signed dice k if terry didn't give a good recommendation...

mouth breather
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clevelands made some decent moves. Picking up a guy like Michael Bourn will help any team.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
    Come on, you really don't think they went to Terry for his opinion???
    In terms of assessing his talent? Why would they, if they need Francona to evaluate the pitching talent of a player then they shouldn't be in that job. In terms of his personality and work ethic then sure, at which point I don't see how it would be surprising since it's not going to be like he now hates him on a personal level because he sucked at pitching.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a minor league contract. Settle down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dice K was pretty good during the 3 and a half starts in which he was healthy in Boston.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF I WERE FRANCONA I WOULD HAVE JUST FUCKING QUIT AND WALKED AWAY FROM MY MANAGERIAL JOB WHERE I HAVENT EVEN MANAGED ONE GAME YET BECAUSE FUCK DICE K.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could kind of see Francona getting upset if Dice K was a guy like Manny who wreaked complete havoc in the clubhouse and was a general nuisance. But by all accounts Dice K was a very respectful guy who just kept to himself.

If Terry Francona didn't like guys specifically because they suck at baseball, he probably would have signed with someone else besides the fucking Cleveland Indians.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sale. One closer, bought since new but has long lost ability to save games. Free to good home. Please contact the Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field

Seriously fucking Marmol. I despair

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    he is my favorite Cub

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is absolutely brutal

Joe Maddon @RaysJoeMaddon
    That can't happen in a major league game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    DId they show a pitch trax of it?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lower left red square is that pitch.

The ump:
    "I saw the pitch and of course don't have the chance to do it again," Foster told a pool reporter after the game. "But had I had a chance to do it again, I wouldn't call that pitch a strike."

Nathan:
    "Did I draw it up like this for my 300th (save)? No. But we'll take it," Nathan said. "I knew I was throwing it there. The fact is I thought it was ball four. I thought he might offer at it. When he didn't, my mindset went more to concentrate on what we've got to do with (Evan) Longoria now. I think I might have been the last guy on the field to realize the game was over."

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So yeah obviously I'm happy the Rays lost but Maddon absolutely nails it there is no way that call can be made in a major league game, never mind being a game ending call.

Watching Jose Iglesias on the field is a treat, he's so smooth and I am sure going to miss him I just hope he finds some bat in AAA at some point. Although it's nice to see his BABIP fuelled (.529) is getting lots of credit in the Boston media, regardless if he just can just improve his bat a bit he would still be a valuable piece because of that glove.

Nice start for Boston to the season, the vibe this year is so so so different than last year. If they can stay healthy I do think they can compete this year and that's all you can really hope for.

Also love J-Upton making a mockery of the Diamondbacks.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Red Sox are playing great so far with Ortiz due to come back tomorrow. Victorino and Napoli are looking like good additions. The back of the rotation is their weak spot.

This pic is pretty cool:

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post

This pic is PHOTOSHOPPED:
    FIXED

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIXED

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, it really isnt photoshopped. Not sure why they didnt include the announcer in that pic. He got nailed.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why baseball is hard.

Darvish throws all his pitches from the same arm slot.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I find it hysterical that it's Pujols he is pitching to

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If the playoffs started today, and they dont, the Pirates would be in!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaJello View Post
    This is why baseball is hard.

Darvish throws all his pitches from the same arm slot.

This gif is amazing.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loob

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There have been a ton of those this year... basically every time Getz is on base against a new team.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Okay I am looking at the Yankees lineup for game one of this double header and honesty... WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE GUYS?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A name to keep an eye on.

Logan Shore

Pitcher on the high school baseball team I coach. Expected to go in the 1st or 2nd round of the upcomming draft.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    First round playoff game today. CG 1hit shut out. A bunt single in the 4th.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've read a bit about him. What's the likelyhood he'd still go to Florida? Second round seems too good to pass up.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The rumor is if he gets a million dollars he will sign.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He came in today in the top of 7 and got the last two outs with guys on 1st and 2nd in a tie game. A grounder to first that advanced the runners and then a strike out. We scored in the bottom half to win 4-3. His era is around .20 now

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like justice is coming....

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...s-scandal.html

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocked that Cano or Granderson aren't on the list.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They mentioned on MLB trade rumors that Cano might be linked, but not likely.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey GBF your boy Puig just smashed a ball that I'm fairly sure is still orbiting earth. I've watched him the last two nights, he's not bad, not ball at all.

Also Vin Scully is still the daddy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Amazeballs

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the Mariners were relevant

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    I wish the Mariners were relevant
    I had hope for that stretch from late April to early May when they were winning...then they lost something like eight in a row and have been playing .500 ball ever since.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 7 under .500 and they're starting to heat up, but sheesh.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Starting to heat up? They just lost 2 of the to the Twins.... THE TWINS!

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but they're currently playing a series with the White Sox, and that usually is a pretty potent cure for what ails a team.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the Ms struggle vs the white Sox, its refreshing to win some games against them

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The White Sox are terrible this year.

I love it.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're so much worse than simply "terrible."

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to come in here and defend them just a bit, but then I saw their away record and holy shit never mind.