User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 129 of 129

Thread: Adam Sandler Movies: Awful, or awfully funny?

  1. #101
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Probably not everyone’s cup of tea around here but Billy Madison. Peeing your pants is cool and consider me Miles Davis.
    He called the shit poop!

    This is the best night of my life!

  2. #102
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    60,254
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917306
    Billy Madison is great and instantly quotable.

    I award myself no points and may God have mercy on my soul.

  3. #103
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Billy Madison is great and instantly quotable.

    I award myself no points and may God have mercy on my soul.
    I love it. So absurb. So great. Just ridiculous fun through out.

    The mucas queen, is yours.

    Thanks!

  4. #104
    I told you I'd shoot Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me??
    Posts
    4,978
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    435404
    bulgaria
    Lunchlady Land and Ode to My Car are two of my favorite comedy songs and I still listen to them. Sandler is capable of being funny, but like an old athlete sitting on an expensive contract, he doesn't have to work harder to make money.

  5. #105
    Confectionery Behemoth Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,039
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    421617
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    Lunchlady Land and Ode to My Car are two of my favorite comedy songs and I still listen to them. Sandler is capable of being funny, but like an old athlete sitting on an expensive contract, he doesn't have to work harder to make money.
    Very few comedians work harder than Sandler. Do you realize how many movies he’s still producing? He’s a machine. And his stand up special on Netflix a year or two back was easily one of the best specials of the past 5 years

  6. #106
    I told you I'd shoot Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me??
    Posts
    4,978
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    435404
    bulgaria
    I won't speak on the special I haven't seen, but producing mainly crap every year to fulfill his Netflix obligations doesn't really make him productive. His Rotten Tomatoes account from the last decade mostly equates to a tire spinning with no traction.

  7. #107
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Searching for The Law
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    49210
    I enjoy some of the movies his production company "Happy Madison" produces as well.

    Deuce Bigalow, Joe Dirt, The Hot Chick, Paul Blart, and The Wrong Missy are a few I've seen that I enjoy that DON'T star Sandler.

  8. #108
    Confectionery Behemoth Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,039
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    421617
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    I won't speak on the special I haven't seen, but producing mainly crap every year to fulfill his Netflix obligations doesn't really make him productive. His Rotten Tomatoes account from the last decade mostly equates to a tire spinning with no traction.
    Grandma's Boy has a RT score of 16% so what does that tell you?

  9. #109
    I told you I'd shoot Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me??
    Posts
    4,978
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    435404
    bulgaria
    That sometimes critics can blow it out their ass cuz Grandma's Boy is one of the best movies ever. It's still, anyone could see you the Jack and Jill's a product of lazy an outdated writing.

  10. #110
    Confectionery Behemoth Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,039
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    421617
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    It's still, anyone could see you the Jack and Jill's a product of lazy an outdated writing.
    Chill bro. You know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion gets here.

  11. #111
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    37,150
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    927839
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Grandma's Boy has a RT score of 16% so what does that tell you?
    That people have different opinions and in no way shape or form is RT the end all be all just like 5 years ago IMDB wasn't.

  12. #112
    I told you I'd shoot Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me??
    Posts
    4,978
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    435404
    bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    That sometimes critics can blow it out their ass cuz Grandma's Boy is one of the best movies ever. It's still, anyone could see you the Jack and Jill's a product of lazy an outdated writing.
    Me do English good.

  13. #113
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    My roommate at the time said he just started Grandma's Boy and I walked in at the right time. I dropped what I was doing, rolled a big ole fatty with the bud he just bought and watched. As soon as Kevin Nash showed up I knew shit was on! I was happy to see Allen Covert get his time to shine and thought he more than held his part of the movie.

    Also, Doris Roberts kills any role she's given and no exception here.

  14. #114
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    37,150
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    927839
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    My roommate at the time said he just started Grandma's Boy and I walked in at the right time. I dropped what I was doing, rolled a big ole fatty with the bud he just bought and watched. As soon as Kevin Nash showed up I knew shit was on! I was happy to see Allen Covert get his time to shine and thought he more than held his part of the movie.

    Also, Doris Roberts kills any role she's given and no exception here.
    Ah man I always forget Nash is in that as one of the movers lol. Eating some chips.

    Grandma's Boy is the sleeper hit of my life. It's the one movie that I know wasn't meant to be shit and I'm sure many feel it isn't that good. But for me, it's one of the best comedies of all time.

  15. #115
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    Nash playing the strong silent type. I was really hoping Kev would be in the movie more. Rob Schneider pretty much comes in and takes over the scene at that point.

    I met Nash at a local show a couple years back. He couldn't have been cooler. I had him sign the Diesel figure I have and took a picture with him doing the "Two Sweet" hand sign.

    I haven't watched the flick in forever but I probably watched it every day for like 2 months solid when it first was released on DVD. Movie was over in my house!

    Guy who played JP knocked it out of the park as well.

  16. #116
    The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Posts
    19,710
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    284634
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    I won't speak on the special I haven't seen, but producing mainly crap every year to fulfill his Netflix obligations doesn't really make him productive. His Rotten Tomatoes account from the last decade mostly equates to a tire spinning with no traction.
    RT scores don't correlate at all with how many people watch a movie. And I'm sure Netflix doesn't give a shit what critics and reviewers think of their content, as long as folks watch it and continue to subscribe to their service.

    The world has lots and lots of people in it, and most of them don't want to watch critically-acclaimed movies.

  17. #117
    The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Posts
    19,710
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    284634
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Airheads is fuckin amazing. I think that's the first movie I seen him in.
    Such a fun movie.

    The cast list is fucking nuts - Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, Michael McKean, Chris Farley, Judd Nelson, Michael Richards, Joe Mantegna, David Arquette

  18. #118
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    Such a fun movie.

    The cast list is fucking nuts - Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, Michael McKean, Chris Farley, Judd Nelson, Michael Richards, Joe Mantegna, David Arquette
    Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson.

  19. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,286
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    usa
    Let's not forget that Lemmy had a cameo too. He was the school magazine editor.

  20. #120
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    After I pondered a moment I forgot Lemmy ("I was editor of the school magazine!") and Rob Zombie (played at the club Farley finds Kayla) also in it. Flick is seriously jacked to the gills with talent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Let's not forget that Lemmy had a cameo too. He was the school magazine editor.
    Ha, read my mind sir!

  21. #121
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Atty?
    Posts
    24,783
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    666841
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Ah man I always forget Nash is in that as one of the movers lol. Eating some chips.

    Grandma's Boy is the sleeper hit of my life. It's the one movie that I know wasn't meant to be shit and I'm sure many feel it isn't that good. But for me, it's one of the best comedies of all time.
    Its like Mallrats.

    Deeply flawed, sometimes poorly put together and badly acted but still awesome and funny as hell.

    I actually just had the scene pop in my head the other day where Covert accidently jerks off all over his friends mom and I was driving. Spit my drink all over the wheel and nearly ran into traffic.



    No way I could have explained that to an officer.

    "You see sir...have you ever seen Grandma's Boy?"

  22. #122
    Intercontinental Champion Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    411307
    usa
    Laura Croft will make a man do crazy things.

  23. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,286
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    usa
    Grandma's Boy is in my top 10 most def. I fuckin love that movie. It was life for a while. Not just for me, but for some of my friends too. I lived with my grandma until she passed on in 2010. 2 of my close friends also lived with their grandmas for a while. All 3 of us sold drugs. Their grandmas hated drugs. Mine didn't really care.
    Last edited by DVDA; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:05 AM.

  24. #124
    Confectionery Behemoth Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    29,039
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    421617


    I watched this and it was alright. Sandlerís character is definitely waterboy-esque... a simpleton with a weird voice who is fixated on one thing (Halloween instead of water). The character is similarly endearing in how he always has a positive attitude despite being bullied but the voice isnít funny like it was in Waterboy. I can see why he needed to do a voice because the character is so simple that playing it straight would have been weird but itís a little annoying and hard to understand at times.

    Anyway thereís some decent comedy in here but nothing too noteworthy. Itís not a great Halloween movie nor a great Sandler movie but itís not awful. It has a lot of throwbacks to old Sandler movies and that was cool.

    On a 4 point scale of bad Sandler, decent Sandler, good Sandler, great Sandler... I give this 2 out of 4 (decent Sandler).

  25. #125
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,667
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    997747
    Might watch that one on Saturday. Not a big Sandler fan (anymore at least) but I do love Halloween films. I'm hoping it's one of those movies I'm expecting to be awful but it turns out to be good.

  26. #126
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Atty?
    Posts
    24,783
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    666841
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post


    I watched this and it was alright. Sandlerís character is definitely waterboy-esque... a simpleton with a weird voice who is fixated on one thing (Halloween instead of water). The character is similarly endearing in how he always has a positive attitude despite being bullied but the voice isnít funny like it was in Waterboy. I can see why he needed to do a voice because the character is so simple that playing it straight would have been weird but itís a little annoying and hard to understand at times.

    Anyway thereís some decent comedy in here but nothing too noteworthy. Itís not a great Halloween movie nor a great Sandler movie but itís not awful. It has a lot of throwbacks to old Sandler movies and that was cool.

    On a 4 point scale of bad Sandler, decent Sandler, good Sandler, great Sandler... I give this 2 out of 4 (decent Sandler).
    It felt a little closer to classic Sandler than he usually does these days (O'Doyle rules is called back here) but it's still a very family friendly style Sandler film which don't really grab me. I mean to watch with my kid? Sure sure. But sometimes I want nudie magazine day.


  27. #127
    Basic Bish virmicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rona Island
    Posts
    41,704
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    791067
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    It felt a little closer to classic Sandler than he usually does these days (O'Doyle rules is called back here) but it's still a very family friendly style Sandler film which don't really grab me. I mean to watch with my kid? Sure sure. But sometimes I want nudie magazine day.

    is this kid friendly though? 10 years ago sure but there was quite a bit of content that I dont think would fly as kid content in this day and age.

    I enjoyed it. didnt think I would but it was bad. lots of little laughs for me and I was expecting zero.

  28. #128
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Where's Atty?
    Posts
    24,783
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    666841
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    is this kid friendly though? 10 years ago sure but there was quite a bit of content that I dont think would fly as kid content in this day and age.

    I enjoyed it. didnt think I would but it was bad. lots of little laughs for me and I was expecting zero.
    I don't remember anything that seemed off for a 10 yr old. Although I was looking at my phone a lot.

  29. #129
    Basic Bish virmicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rona Island
    Posts
    41,704
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    791067
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I don't remember anything that seemed off for a 10 yr old. Although I was looking at my phone a lot.
    quite a bit of swearing, tons of underage drinking with a lot of blind eyes turned to it by adults, 60 year old dude hitting on a teen, plenty of sex talk and murder attempts.

    probably just over analyzing it tbh but just seeing what most people complain about these days just made it seem a bit over the limits for kid friendly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •