User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 801 to 822 of 822

Thread: What are ya'll jammin

  1. #801
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  2. #802
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  3. #803
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  4. #804
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    446465
    canada
    Fiona Apple "Fetch The Bolt Cutters" album

  5. #805
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  6. #806
    World Champion Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    27,899
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    248451
    yugoslavia
    Group chat discussing top ten albums has led me to Natalie Imbruglia - Left of the Middle.

    In the office alone today, so that's where we are.

  7. #807
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,674
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    769605
    Faithless - Insomnia

  8. #808
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,460
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    746781
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    Fiona Apple "Fetch The Bolt Cutters" album
    My best friend's sister had us listen to most of it. I said "This sounds like she is recording it in her kitchen" and then you hear dogs barking. It was pretty slick!

  9. #809
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,460
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    746781
    I'm pushing 40 and I think unless you're seriously into music by the time you hit 35 you reach that group where you can start truly using the "My generation was better" argument. While also reaching a level to be competitive against older generations in a generational debate. Post Malone is one of those younger cats I can dig and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact I know a little of his musical tastes that are similar to my own. And we're damn near 20 years apart. I saw him cover All Apologies on YouTube about a year ago and that's not really a go-to Nirvana cover so that right there made me pay attention to his catalog. I'm not a big big fan, but I dig his stuff here and there.

    But this....Oh man, this took me back to 8th grade up until 11th-12th playing Nirvana with my best friend in the basement. Travis Barker was on fucking point, sounded like Grohl and Channing. The set list was very diverse, no Teen Spirit so that's a plus and they kicked it off with Frances Farmer off In Utero, probably my favorite Nirvana song ever.



  10. #810
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,674
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    769605
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm pushing 40 and I think unless you're seriously into music by the time you hit 35 you reach that group where you can start truly using the "My generation was better" argument. While also reaching a level to be competitive against older generations in a generational debate. Post Malone is one of those younger cats I can dig and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact I know a little of his musical tastes that are similar to my own. And we're damn near 20 years apart. I saw him cover All Apologies on YouTube about a year ago and that's not really a go-to Nirvana cover so that right there made me pay attention to his catalog. I'm not a big big fan, but I dig his stuff here and there.

    But this....Oh man, this took me back to 8th grade up until 11th-12th playing Nirvana with my best friend in the basement. Travis Barker was on fucking point, sounded like Grohl and Channing. The set list was very diverse, no Teen Spirit so that's a plus and they kicked it off with Frances Farmer off In Utero, probably my favorite Nirvana song ever.


    Crazy thing is this dude wasn't even alive when Kurt Cobain was alive. Suppose it'd be like me and John Lennon, born shortly after he died.

  11. #811
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,460
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    746781
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Crazy thing is this dude wasn't even alive when Kurt Cobain was alive. Suppose it'd be like me and John Lennon, born shortly after he died.
    Nirvana was just one of those select bands that for whatever reason took the world by storm and in a crazy short amount of time made a huge impact on current and future generations. Now we're approaching that age where the bands that were "new" when were teens are the classic rock bands that are influencing kids. The same way I guess bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, etc. were still influencing people my age. Shit those artists still influence all generations to this day.

    But I don't remember anyone pulling off something like this. And doing it well, from a place that people didn't expect. 3-4 years ago if you told me this would happen with Post Malone I would have thought "Yeah and I bet it fucking sucked and had zero live instruments". Now that I know better and know this young man's history and seeing other performances, I'm not as shocked.

  12. #812
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,674
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    769605
    It is a bit surreal to see bands like Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam being played on classic rock stations. Man I remember when Dookie came out. Fucking old lol.

    It is good seeing young artists paying homage to artist before them. You just know there are a lot of pop stars out there would be like "Who is Nirvana?" Growing up I tended to listen to everything, my CD collection had all genres. While I enjoyed rock the most, I still felt it was important to know of artists from all walks of life. Wish I kept that mentallity today because I turn on the radio and say "What is this shit?" lol

  13. #813
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa
    Yeah, it's strange hearing 311 on the classic rock station.

    Sunshine are you outside?


  14. #814
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,460
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    746781
    It's weird to hear bands we grew up on in the 90's on classic rock because it felt like it took FOREVER for them to get to the 90's. I swear up until about 10 years ago, maybe less, I never heard anything newer than hair metal bands. If they had some shit in the early 90's, like I know I've heard Ozzy and Metallica so not necessarily ALL hair metal. But I remember it wasn't that long ago I finally heard Pearl Jam and Nirvana.

  15. #815
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It is good seeing young artists paying homage to artist before them. You just know there are a lot of pop stars out there would be like "Who is Nirvana?"
    It still blows my mind how well John Mayer fits in with the other guys in Dead & Company.


  16. #816
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,626
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    I just discovered Orville Peck aka my new favorite thing...

  17. #817
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  18. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    iraq
    That Post Malone Nirvana "tribute" is pure shit.

    I know all of these modern day hip-hop "artists" with their dumb ironic stage names have to recycle songs in order to maintain any modicum of significance, (much like with their names) but I guess generation reboot digs it.

    Must suck growing up a Millennial.

    I know that every generation tends to borrow from previous ones, but today's entertainment is for lazy, Unoriginal dullards.

    I honestly feel blessed to have been spoiled with such incredible music/movies, etc. growing up.

    Especially with the 90's Alternative music scene.

    I fucking loved watching "Alternative Nation" on MTV late at night...

    Usually preceded by Beavis and Butthead, followed by "Liquid Television."

    What a time to be a young, sexually confused gender queer with strong opinions on racism and women's rights!!

  19. #819
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,460
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    746781
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty McWhoreface View Post
    That Post Malone Nirvana "tribute" is pure shit.

    I know all of these modern day hip-hop "artists" with their dumb ironic stage names have to recycle songs in order to maintain any modicum of significance, (much like with their names) but I guess generation reboot digs it.

    Must suck growing up a Millennial.

    I know that every generation tends to borrow from previous ones, but today's entertainment is for lazy, Unoriginal dullards.

    I honestly feel blessed to have been spoiled with such incredible music/movies, etc. growing up.

    Especially with the 90's Alternative music scene.

    I fucking loved watching "Alternative Nation" on MTV late at night...

    Usually preceded by Beavis and Butthead, followed by "Liquid Television."

    What a time to be a young, sexually confused gender queer with strong opinions on racism and women's rights!!
    I grew up on all that shit. I'm 38, I think we actually fall somehwere in that Millennial category.

    Nobody that's "new" is doing anything remotely close to what Post Malone and Travis Barker did. I'm no fan of Blink 182 or Post Malone aside from a song or 2 but watching that took me back to jamming with my best friend in middle school and high school to all those Nirvana joints.

    Liquid Television was the shit. Aeon Flux, Beavis and Butthead, Dogboy or whatever the fuck his name was on that show.

    But going back to Post Malone. $100 says you didn't watch it for one because your take on it is so far off lol. This wasn't some new project or anything this was some shit they did to kill some insanity. I mean, you do realize cover/tribute bands aren't something that just started when you became old enough to bitch about how much better our generation is than the next lol....

  20. #820
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa

  21. #821
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa


    Billy Strings is a beast. Bluegrass without a fiddle is kinda strange though.

  22. #822
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,032
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    348480
    usa
    Start yer day off good.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •