User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What are ya'll jammin

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who pays attention to my posts in this thread know I post some out of the ordinary shit. Here's one for you kids that used to pretend you didn't get wood seeing the likes of Ariel and Holly Would:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Anyone who pays attention to my posts in this thread know I post some out of the ordinary shit. Here's one for you kids that used to pretend you didn't get wood seeing the likes of Ariel and Holly Would:

Wow, Cool world, though? Makes me think of all of the animated films that would randomly come on a movie channel at all times of night. Heavy Metal, Fritz the Cat, shit like that...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman89 View Post
    Wow, Cool world, though? Makes me think of all of the animated films that would randomly come on a movie channel at all times of night. Heavy Metal, Fritz the Cat, shit like that...
    I didn't even know the same guy who did Cool World did Lord of the Rings and Fritz the Cat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know the same guy who did Cool World did Lord of the Rings and Fritz the Cat.
    I didn't know that either but that makes total sense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This shit slaps.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    This song is so dope. SHOTGUN SHOTGUN. Esham kicks one of the best verses on the album. I really liked this record. I thought it was a lot better than the previous Blaze album.

Have you heard Casket Factory by chance? Pretty damn good. The only negative is that at times it feels like the beats have no bass, no thump, and if you're supposed to be a dead gangsta rapper, you better have some shit that blows out your windows.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This song is so dope. SHOTGUN SHOTGUN. Esham kicks one of the best verses on the album. I really liked this record. I thought it was a lot better than the previous Blaze album.

Have you heard Casket Factory by chance? Pretty damn good. The only negative is that at times it feels like the beats have no bass, no thump, and if you're supposed to be a dead gangsta rapper, you better have some shit that blows out your windows.
    1 Less G In Da Hood is my favorite, but I love all of the stuff he released on Psychopathic. His MNE stuff just ain't the same. I own everything that he has released sealed. Same with ICP, Twiztid, and all of the side groups. I'm still mad at Twiztid, but I've got too much invested to quit collecting now. I'll take a pic of everything I got and post it someday.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    Don't judge me but I have recently made a terrifying discovery - I like cheesy, objectively terrible country-pop music. There is a band called Florida Georgia Line, and I can't stop listening to them.

Presumably this song will not be new to you lot in America but I'd never heard it until a few days ago...it's brilliant

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Don't judge me but I have recently made a terrifying discovery - I like cheesy, objectively terrible country-pop music. There is a band called Florida Georgia Line, and I can't stop listening to them.

Presumably this song will not be new to you lot in America but I'd never heard it until a few days ago...it's brilliant
    Surprised you didn't go for the remix with Nelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZ9xRO7M9M

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't remember them being on Raw or performing for Tribute to the Troops? This was all within the last year I believe.

I'll say this...I'm not a fan, but the long haired guy has that thick southern accent that sounds awesome. I don't know why but I dig those straight up super country sounding singers voices. Not so much the lyrics and music but that old school stereotypical vocal is pretty fresh.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sleep - the sciences

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    I had literally never heard of them and they look like stupid arseholes but I am lapping that shit up at the moment. I'm so far out of the loop nowadays, I thought I had uncovered an unknown band called Lady Antebellum last year only to find all their videos have like 600m views on YouTube.

It's mad how all these country stars have zero crossover to other countries. Luke Bryan is another who is stupid famous over there but I have never heard a song of his played over here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had literally never heard of them and they look like stupid arseholes but I am lapping that shit up at the moment. I'm so far out of the loop nowadays, I thought I had uncovered an unknown band called Lady Antebellum last year only to find all their videos have like 600m views on YouTube.

It's mad how all these country stars have zero crossover to other countries. Luke Bryan is another who is stupid famous over there but I have never heard a song of his played over here.
    I'll be 100% honest....I don't really think country music is really big anywhere but here in the US. I don't really hear about country stars doing European or international tours in general but that could also be that I don't really follow the genre. But it is massive. There is no genre more popular in the Untied States than country music. Especially over the last 20 years thanks to artists like Shania Twain and Faith Hill, more recently the obvious giant star Taylor Swift.

But like Swift learned, if you want to be a GLOBAL star, country will l limit you because as you said Simon, almost zero crossover to other countries.

I definitely feel that country has never been bigger than it has been the last decade or so. When rock bands are getting to a certain point now where they're going country or adding a heavy country influence to their music after X amount of years. So I bet sooner than later we're going to start seeing a shit ton of country artists turning into international stars without having to go pop like Taylor Swift. God damn she is so popular, I love her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy when you realize just how popular country music still is even in this day and age where hip hop and EDM permeates so much of mainstream music, especially when you think about what you guys just pointed out - rap and electronic music is big all over the world, while country isnt, yet if you measure overall popularity, they're probably about even...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't deal with much country stuff other than Kenny Rogers and Hank Jr. I love me some bluegrass though. The music and the culture. The Gospel is a big part of it, so I doubt Simon would like it much at all. The merch table at the Dr. Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys show I went to in 2015 also had stacks of King James Bibles that they were giving out for free. There is also a good chance of hearing some preaching between songs at concerts. Especially with Ricky Skaggs. It's crazy how fast a lot of these dudes can (or could) pick too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy I work with said it best, country is the new rock in the US. It's always been popular (country). I used to joke that once you turned 30 you had to ditch rock and rap and start listening to country. But now country has a lot of different elements that on one hand I'm not into but it definitely has helped.

Country artists are now using drum machines, synth sounds, shit the other day I was setting up a radio for my 7 year old and one of the 40 country stations here in Des Moines had some shit on that sounded like Metallica but it was like Jason Aldean or some shit like that who fuckin knows lol. But I mean shit, Nirvana and Alice In Chains are 2 of my favorite bands and they have a very strong folk-country influence that people don't catch that aren't big fans of theirs.

I'm honestly shocked that country isn't as big globally to a degree but I can definitely see why it isn't. It's VERY VERY VERY pro-American. Almost every artist has enough material to do 2-3 albums called "Songs about being in America". So I'm sure there are genres of music like skat that is huge in Romania but not even a blip on the radar on the rest of the planet.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Why won't anyone help me? chrisrandolph1985's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Listening to Sister Hazel right now. Champagne High to be more specific. Next will be Nightswimming by REM. Nothing gets me more productive while working late at night quite like light 90s rock.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Christina Aguilera's new album Liberation. LOVE it!

Last edited by Melly; June 15th, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Get These Hands A Monster Among Posters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

John Mayer is such an amazing musician. He fits in great with Bobby and the other guys. I have a hard time listening to this without crying. It's like Jerry is still here with us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intercontinental Champion BigAle's Avatar
    I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy I work with said it best, country is the new rock in the US. It's always been popular (country). I used to joke that once you turned 30 you had to ditch rock and rap and start listening to country. But now country has a lot of different elements that on one hand I'm not into but it definitely has helped.

Country artists are now using drum machines, synth sounds, shit the other day I was setting up a radio for my 7 year old and one of the 40 country stations here in Des Moines had some shit on that sounded like Metallica but it was like Jason Aldean or some shit like that who fuckin knows lol. But I mean shit, Nirvana and Alice In Chains are 2 of my favorite bands and they have a very strong folk-country influence that people don't catch that aren't big fans of theirs.

I'm honestly shocked that country isn't as big globally to a degree but I can definitely see why it isn't. It's VERY VERY VERY pro-American. Almost every artist has enough material to do 2-3 albums called "Songs about being in America". So I'm sure there are genres of music like skat that is huge in Romania but not even a blip on the radar on the rest of the planet.
    I took my wife to a country concert last year and the guy was great. I ended up putting all his albums on my ipod but they didn't sound nearly as good as he did live. And shockingly none of his songs are of the "America rah rah" variety.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck in my head for a week at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I posted this in the metal thread, but I honestly haven't been listening to much else:

And if you don't get goosebumps from 4.25 to 4.30, you have no soul.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    I posted this in the metal thread, but I honestly haven't been listening to much else:

And if you don't get goosebumps from 4.25 to 4.30, you have no soul.
    After you posted that in the metal thread I downloaded it and played it on a long car trip. My wife’s reaction was something like “oh I like this. This is good...kind of reminds of that other band you like, In This Mome...WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?”

If I could have just one Tag Team for the rest of my life? That's easy. Braun. Braun Strowman. No question about it.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bored. This is boring. Oog bored. Oog rip Oog head off.

...sigh...

Anybody remember Letters to Cleo?