User Tag List

Thread: Podcasts

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Podcasts

I have been walking/jogging 4-6 nights a week for the last three months or so. I hate running and jogging, but listening to something takes my mind almost completely away from it. So I picked up on some various podcasts. I tend toward entertainment and humor.

Some of the shows I have been frequenting
    - Nerdist: with Chris Hardwick
    picked up on this becuase of the Walking Dead after show
    - girl on guy: with Aisha Tyler
    I have enjoyed her various stand up shows.
    - 3 different ign chats Nintendo Voice Chat, Beyond, and Game Scoop.
    video game podcasts? surprised?
    - Smodcasts: with Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier
    Smith and Mosier's perspectives in entertainment are pretty cool, but Smith loves comics way more than I. Sometimes to the point of skipping forward.

What are you listening to if anything? Maybe you have some suggestions.
    Last edited by The Rick; August 15th, 2012 at 9:41 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Smodcast. Smith is going overboard his podcast network and most of it is boring as hell but he and Mosier play off each other really well and are hilarious most of the timee. I listened to their recap of TDKR and it was great. The first series of podcasts Smith did with Jason Mewes was good too, where they recapped Mewes's drug addiction history. And the ABC's of SNL podcast with Jon Lovitz was great too if you're a fan of SNL.

Been listening to the Breaking Bad insider podcast every week.

Then there are some I listen to on occasion, usually only when there's a good guest on: The BS Report with Bill Simmons, the Adam Carrolla Podcast and the Joe Rogan Experience, mainly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like How Did This Get Made where they talk about shitty movies. It's Paul Scheer from the league/human giant, his wife, and Jason Mantzoukas who plays Rafi on The League.

I sometimes listen to Art of Wrestling With Colt Cabana, The Nerdist, Adam Carolla show, Pop My Culture and WTF With Marc Meron but it depends on if I'm interested in the guest or not.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Brother, My Brother and Me is a great one that I've started listening to, and it's fantastic. It's good since I've been listening to ones about gaming or a certain topic for a long time, and it's a very refreshing change and very well put together. They give people advice and also answer random Yahoo questions which are often hilarious in themselves.

I do quite a few gaming ones, including [rajah plug]Geshcast who promoted themselves on here. Giant Bomb is great.

I'm in the early stages of being on a podcast myself but it'll be awful so don't worry about it.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who charted- is pretty good

Monstertalk- can be fun depending on who the guest is.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    And the ABC's of SNL podcast with Jon Lovitz was great too if you're a fan of SNL.
    Not a fan of SNL, but I like Lovitz. I might try to pick that up and give it a whirl.

Joe Rogan Experience, mainly.
    I can't stand this guy outside of the UFC, and I feel he is barely tolerable in it. I'm glad Mencia takes his material. Because he is actually a little funny with the delivery, and Rogan's stand up makes me want to jam a sharpened no.2 pencil in my ear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
    I do quite a few gaming ones, including [rajah plug]Geshcast who promoted themselves on here. Giant Bomb is great.
    All of the podcasts I'm currently listening to come through the Stitcher app on my phone. Geshcast is on there, and I'm going to go give it a listen. Which one is Tugboat?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
    I'm in the early stages of being on a podcast myself but it'll be awful so don't worry about it.
    If you get it on that app then lemme know. I'll give it a listen.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to Geshcast, and its not bad. They do a nice job of being a conversationalist podcast, but coming back to the topic at hand. They kept it fairly lively for just two guys talking for over an hour. I will give them another listen or three.

They answered a few questions toward the end. One question was from Gary Rogers. Do I smell a coincidence? The question was; what elements would you take from different controllers to make the perfect controller? They said that the WaveBird Wireless controller from Nintendo is perfect, and was the answer. I disagree with it. WaveBird is excellent, but it has two weaknesses.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a live excerpt from the Hollywood Babble-On podcast by Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman

this actual podcast is about 2hrs

Last edited by The Rick; September 11th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Simon
    Frank Skinner's Weekend Podcast from Absolute and a shitload of football ones. Also the Daily Bacon from 5 Live if the guest is any good.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I sometimes listen to Art of Wrestling With Colt Cabana.
    I just finished listening to the latest episode. It is very entertaining. He interviews Chris Sabin, and they talk about gaming and getting into the wrestling biz. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not been that long since a passion I used to have for music was kind of replaced by stand-up comedy and podcasts. After the disappearance of the hot talk format on the radio, I basically searched out for some radio shows that I used to like when that format was pretty heavily saturating the airwaves, to see if anyone was still around. So I found The Mike O'Meara Show, which is an abbreviated version of his old show (he was formerly half of the nationally syndicated Don & Mike Show), retaining most of the cast from his show. And it's semi-local to me (living in Delaware, where a bunch of D.C. denizens vacation in the summertime, or if they're lawyers or rich, own summer homes), and from there discovered Big O & Dukes, which is also D.C.-centric.

From there, I discovered the Adam Carolla Show, having previously really enjoyed the Man Show and Loveline back in the day. And what with my iPhone purchase and glancing through iTunes, I basically subscribe to WTF with Marc Maron, How Did This Get Made - aforementioned and described above, Fitzdog Radio (ft. Greg Fitzsimmons), Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, Mohr Stories, and Greg Proops' Smartest Man in the World Podcast.

I tried like hell to get into Kevin Smith's Smodcast shows, but they overwhelmingly come across to me as Kevin Smith talking about being a pothead. When he's not talking about being a pothead it's okay, I just get tired of hearing it. Maybe it's just the few podcasts I downloaded, but I just didn't really enjoy it.

Also - I'm actually looking into doing a podcast. Not that it'll really have legs or anything, but I figured it'd be fun to do. So a few buddies of mine and I are looking into it. I'm actually really excited about it, and have shoot-off ideas if it ever goes anywhere. But I'm being realistic about it, too.

Simon
    WizoOzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back from the dead, Simon... resurrection through carnage or some shit.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we needed any proof that music is dying, it's this. How do you do, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as usual, Rog. Life falls apart, I seem to venture back here because I have more to say. Guess it's therapeutic?

Round two in terms of marriage woes. Picking up the pieces and moving on this time.

Getting old and out of touch - hence the loss in the passion for music. The kids can pick it up where I left off when they get older. I'm that old guy now who is stuck musically in one permanent direction. The general shift of radio doesn't help at all, though. Music radio, for all intents and purposes, is dead. Satellite is basically the same - modern satellite radio is programmed exactly in the same fashion as radio used to be. And internet radio is slowly headed in that direction.

So, while shit was falling apart around me, laughing has basically been the only thing keeping me from flipping my lid. Well, that and seeing a therapist.

How goes the boards?

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizoOzz View Post
    I tried like hell to get into Kevin Smith's Smodcast shows, but they overwhelmingly come across to me as Kevin Smith talking about being a pothead. When he's not talking about being a pothead it's okay, I just get tired of hearing it. Maybe it's just the few podcasts I downloaded, but I just didn't really enjoy it.
    Hollywood Babble On is far easier to get into out the Smith podcasts. It is funny, and entertaining throughout. The actual smodcast is a bit hit and miss if you're not a fan of Kevin Smith. I will say however make an effort to listen to the "emo Kev" episodes. Those feature recordings of Kevin when he was 20 yrs old. It is while he is working at the Quick Stop, and before he even went to film school. Kevin and Scott Mosier comment and it is quite funny.

Smoviemakers is very interesting. Smith features different people in the industry, and they give their tips. The episodes with Penny Marshall are very enlightening to the movie business.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep up with The Infinite Monkey Cage. It's a science/comedy show with Professor Brian Cox and Robin Ince. They tackle different topics and news stories with actual scientists, comedians, etc. They're usually really good, and much better now that they're consistently done in front of an audience. They're on itunes and the BBC podcast page.

The Empire podcast is my go-to for movie news and reviews. And impressions of Bane. They have some great interviews with various actors and directors.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg Proops podcast is very good he can rant a bit but its a pretty awesome concept how he makes a podcast out of a live show practically every week. He is a smart dude.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been listening to The Nerdist and The Combat Jack Show a lot lately.

Bodeine Brazy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been listening to The Nerdist and The Combat Jack Show a lot lately.
    The Combat Jack Show is by far my favorite podcast/radio show. I've literally listened to almost every episode. Great guests, and a ton of knowledgeable guys. Hilarious too.

I could probably listen to CJ just discuss the Biggie days for 2 hours.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't listen to it quite as regularly, just when a good guest is on. I listened to the AZ, RZA and Memphis Bleek ones and they were all great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few new ones I've glommed onto - Mental Illness Happy Hour and Professor Blastoff. I am officially downloading more podcasts than I can keep up with...

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't already, make a point to listen to Colt Cabana's interview with Jake Roberts. Cabana does a great job, as usual, on getting great stories and info from his guests. Live from his stuidio....

apartment

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm listening to Y2J on the Nerdist at the moment. Great episode.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the Art of Wrestling episode with Mike Quackenbush, I've had Quackenbush's Grizzly Bear Egg Cafe podcast on my radar, but never pressed play. I finally listened to his latest episode(221). Mike mentions Chikara only a handful of times. Mike is THE 80s cartoon fanatic. He knows who the artists were, the artist on the theme song, and many times how many episodes are in the run of the show. During this particular episode he and his co-host(Cliffton) jump from Super Friends to Transformers to Mask. He and Cliffton are watching these 80s shows with their children. They discuss what shows are important for their children.

The podcast isn't over the top at all. It is just a conversational podcast, but it is done in a very entertaining fasion. It probably isn't for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I listen the Nerdist and a bunch of "aftershows" for TV shows I like, like SOA, Boardwalk Empire and Dexter. I also listen to some rugby league podcasts put out by the radio stations or top football journalists.

Was a fan of Smodcast and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old when they started but they've come back a long way in quality since Smith expanded the network beyond those two shows. The first six episodes of "Get Old" are really what podcasting is all about, and I'd recommend them to anyone with even a fleeting interest in the View Askiewniverse. But beyond that, the podcasts (and pretty much everything Smith does these days) can be skipped without missing much.

Gervais' shows are still the greatest and the yardstick against which all podcasts, particularly comedy, should be measured.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a new podcast from Michael Ian Black and Michael Showwalter called "Topics" that's really funny if you're into Stella.

Also I have been dying at the Norm Macdonald video podcast. That dude's still hilarious.

Simon
    Richard Herring's RHLSTP podcasts are essential listening for anyone interested in British comedy. The Stewart Lee, Graham Linehan/Armando Iannucci, Russell Brand and Stephen Fry episodes are highlights.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    would my utter hatred for Herring detract from it?

Simon
    Na not really - he's pretty annoying but the guests are great and there's no plugging going on, so it's all just for the enjoyment of it.

Simon
    Carl Donnelly's podcast is great. It's basically just him and his comedian mates talking shit together, but it's a good laugh.

Simon
    Plus he looks like a young Rolf Harris

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I waited for a few shows to build up before I started Stone Cold's podcast, but I'm enjoying them.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin's interviews over the phone tend to be super awkward because he always seems impatient to get his answers and move on. But just listening to him talk about random stuff is amazing.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro's favorite podcasts at the moment:

1. Topics (Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter)
    2. The Nerdist (Chris Hardwick)
    3. Edumacation (Kevin Smith)
    4. Norm Macdonald Live
    5. Best of Mike and Mike (ESPN)

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fro's favorite podcasts at the moment:

3. Edumacation (Kevin Smith)
    I love this show. I've kinda dropped my listening of HBO for this show. Not only is it highly entertaining for the material, it is very funny to see how annoyed Andy McElfresh gets when he can't get Kevin Smith back on the task of the current subject being discussed.

Fro is HawkMothMan.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Austin's interviews over the phone tend to be super awkward because he always seems impatient to get his answers and move on. But just listening to him talk about random stuff is amazing.
    I'm half way through episode 3 where he talks about getting a facial, manicure, and pedicure among other things. The episode is just funny as fuck thus far. You can tell that he wants acceptance from his co-hosts on getting these procedures done.

after looking, all of the podcasts have been uploaded on youtube also. Here is the episode I'm commenting on.
    Last edited by The Rick; August 13th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am doing a conspiracy podcast with a friend for some fun. We are going through to see how much is bullshit it and how much is not. Strong language and some audio issues since its all done via Skype.

http://yawconspiracy.wordpress.com/2...hogan-version/

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to a few of the Austin podcasts, then jumped forward to his most recent one at the time with Trish Stratus and turned it off in disgust after listening to the pair of them try to sell testosterone pills for 15 minutes. I know this is maybe a difference between the US and the UK but I've listened to a few US podcasts that heavily advertise and it just sounds really petty and annoying, and I've never heard a podcast shill as much as Austin's.

I highly recommend the Attitude Era Podcast. They do a review of all the PPVs of the Attitude Era and they're still in '98 at the moment. Very good reviews and a good chemistry between the team, very insightful and interesting to hear critical perspective on these matches that most of us only remember.

They recommended the OSW podcast as an inspiration, and that was the complete opposite experience. I listened to episode 30 odd of theirs, about 5 introduction songs played and then a few guys with indecipherable irish accents and no charisma awkwardly talking about a pay-per-view. One of them reads a description of a match off a page while the others interject "That's terrible that" or something.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, OSW was really hard to listen to. I never made through a full episode. I really like What A Manuever, who are doing a similar thing to the Attitude Era Podcast. They had me on there recently and they couldn't be a more disarming pair of guys.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I finished the Flair interview with Austin. As much of an ass Flair may seem, I could sit there for hours and listen to him tell stories. He also sounds like he keeps in touch with some of the older guys which is nice.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    http://yawconspiracy.wordpress.com/2...on-this-major/

We discuss Bigfoot, Nessie, the Yeti, sane Tea Party Members and other mythical creatures.

Simon
    ^ It's dreadful

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'm astounded that anyone would take the time to listen to one of lotjx podcasts.

Simon
    I didn't, I just know it's terrible because he's terrible.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    That's reassuring.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    here is a good podcast on the historical development of the english language. i dont know if you get any nerdier than that
    http://historyofenglishpodcast.podbean.com/

also the famous history of rome podcast is really good and accessible. i've always been meaning to get a real handle on roman history but have been too lazy to really undertake it and this is an easy way to do so.
    http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/...story_of_rome/

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am listening to Roderick on the line which is quite fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, without shilling it, I've had a podcast for a bit that's completely irregular in terms of when it's done. The first couple episodes sound like utter shit, but the latest few aren't too bad as we figured out the mixer. We have no fucking clue what we're doing, but managed to get it up on iTunes. If you guys are interested, let me know, and I'll provide linkage to the blog site. I'm not ashamed of it or anything, I just don't think anyone cares.

I've been thinking of new podcast subjects to do, have an idea for a music related one where a co-host and I discuss random music charts from various years going back to probably 64 to current that are drawn out of a hat from week to week, and me giving my ill informed opinion of each track while the co-host attempts to either enlighten me in my ignorance, or agree with my opinion in the off chance that it's relatively spot on. I'm just getting some financial duckies in a row first, and probably will be putting up those pods on the same blog through the same rss feed, probably around the beginning of the new year.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the podcast doesn't have a consistent topic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current one, or the hypothesized one? The current one that we do is all over the place. Trying to find footing, but it's basically become bullshitting about our lives. The hypothesized one does have a topic - just because I'm often accused of being an overly picky bastard as it pertains to music.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast is always a good listen.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For you basketball guys, the guys behind the Basketball Jones now have a new job. They're now employed by NBA TV and have a new show: the Starters. The podcast is now available. I enjoy listening to them even for their non-hoops topics.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got into Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalks co-hosted by Eugene Mirman. The latest 2 have Stephen Gorevan of Honeybee Robotics as a guest. Jason Sudeikis, and Kamau Bell also sit in on this one. Tons of talk about not only the robotics that Stephen Gorevan's company is making, but theoretics of robotics and sci-fi movies that feature robotics.

Part 1

Part 2

You can listen directly from his site, but I go through my Stitcher app, because it collects almost all of my podcasts (Art of Wrestling, IGN Podcast Beyond, StarTalk, Smodcast, Girl on Guy, and Nerdist). Stone Cold's podcast is the only one I have to go out of my way to get.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nerdist CM Punk episode

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An almost year old StarTalk with Jim Gaffigan and Sarah Silverman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. Because, podcasts.

Four recorded, of them two have been posted. We're working (slowly) on an iTunes worthy background and the like, and attempting to get things moving, even if it's a bit slow. All in all, I'm having fun recording it, and while we're basically just bullshitting around, I think we're listenable, even if we suck horrendously.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the podcasts I'm listening to:

The Nerdist: I prefer the hostfuls more than he interviews but i do like Chris interview style.
    Hamish and Andy podcast: They almost lost me last year with all the Adam Levine talk last year but I think Hamish is genuinely funny.
    Comedy Bang Bang: I love listening to this as the fictional guests are almost always top notch.
    Adam Carolla Podcast: Brilliant. Funny. Topical. My favorite podcast
    Smodcast: I wish they would stop just reading the newspaper and riffing instead of their old conversations that turn into riffing.
    Allision Rosen is your new best friend: Thursday show only as it is a good view on life and the backstage dealing with Adam Carolla
    Doug Loves movies: Game show podcast about movies that I really enjoy. The games are fun to play with friends.
    How did this get made: Talking bout shitty movies...LOVE IT
    Get'em Steve dave: Great dynamic. Fun conversations. brilliant show.
    Classic Lovelines: Early Adam Carolla/Dr Drew stuff I tend to let these build up and marathon them
    Stone Cold Podcast: Only when they have wrestlers on those. I enjoy how animated he get with a live wrestling guest
    Chris Jericho Podcast: A big Jericho mark but I fast foward to the wrestle interviews mainly
    Adam and Drew Podcast: Its basically love line but with swearing which is great.

I cut out Hollywood babble-on as half the show is welcoming guests from out of town and doing re-treds of old impressions. Also I get it Kevin your pro gay people I don't need to hear you talking about sucking dick every 5 minutes or his fascination with anal...

Also cut out The indoor kids podcast as I just didn't have time to listen and I've sort of quit gaming for the most part.

Fuck I didn't realize how many podcasts I actually listen too. Mind you only 2 of them are daily and only through the week. Hamish and Andy is normally only 25 minutes but look at me trying to justify listening to podcasts...I have a long commute lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to cut back on several of the podcasts I listened to, as I've found alternative means of listening to shows I enjoy that run on a daily basis.

As a standard, I go with Star Talk Radio. Great podcast if you're a science nerd, typically with a comedian guest host to keep the show from being too dry.

The Cracked Podcast has been another that I listen to with regularity.

I subscribe to Don Geronimo's podcast, since I used to listen to Don & Mike frequently, and TMOS got really unlistenable.

Opie and Anthony's quick jab of a podcast is always funny, a mix sometimes of older bits, and once in a while more recent happenings. Loved the MIsheard Lyrics one from a week or two ago.

Kidd Chris tickles my funny bone as an heir apparent to Stern.

How Did This Get Made is probably my favorite. However, since JDR has been preggers and they've staggered the output, I don't find myself as amused as I used to be.

Professor Blastoff is good as well.

I keep subscribed to JR, SCSA, and Y2J's pods, and when I'm interested, I'll listen. Jericho's banter is okay, the g/f got a kick out of it when she gave it a listen.

I also listen to The Jim Cornette Experience, because his views on wrestling are enjoyable to listen to, as they typically make total sense.

Not enough time to listen to everything. I typically keep my device half full and find myself deleting some stuff that I just don't get around to.

Stopped listening to Carolla's show when he wore out Jo Koy for me. And I liked Alison Rosen's show, but I just didn't feel the need to continue to follow it. It was entertaining, but I just didn't miss it. And you're right about Babble-On. It's starting to wear thin for me.

If you like music, and want to hear me get drunk and talk about pop music from various eras with my g/f, you should look for my pod sometime. I have it up on iTunes (finally).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumpity bump because I am beaming with pride at the fact that I have finally managed to get my podcast up on iTunes. It ain't much, but it's been a helluva task to accomplish learning to do it all by scratch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ry/id891397005 for the curious.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always check out this thread to see what people are listening to, so I should probably list mine.

How Did This Get Made (As mentioned by others, really funny breakdowns of bad movies by famous comedians with great chemistry)
    Answer Me This! (Pretty sure this podcast has been around for 1,000 years. Charming British people answer a bunch of oddball questions)
    The Starters (I've never been much of a basketball fan until I gave this one a try. Does a great job of selling the sport beyond the big stars)
    Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men (Just started this one. Great concept.)
    Stuff You Missed In History Class (Pretty self explanatory, but much less dry than you'd expect)
    The Steve Austin Show (I only listen when he has a guest on that I'm interested in. I haaaaaate interview podcasts than do 30 minutes of talking before the interview)
    Cewshcast 5000 (Ahem.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see alot of How did this get made fans. Mr Nanny is the next movie they are breaking down.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone listen to Welcome to Nightvale? Love this podcast.

I also listen to The Nerdist, Drabblecast, and The Big Scary Show (haunted house related one).

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    I always check out this thread to see what people are listening to, so I should probably list mine.
    Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men (Just started this one. Great concept.)
    Thanks for the heads up on this show. I tried one last night before bed, and now I'm through episode 4. YAYBO!

Link to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men

and I'm putting this post in the comic talk section.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're Alive is now an obsession with me and some friends. We're Alive is a really good zombie drama. The shows are about 20 to 30mins at a time, so give it a try and see if it sticks.
    http://www.werealive.com/

Also Serial season 2 is supposed to be dropping soon.
    If you haven't heard this one, try one episode from season one.
    http://serialpodcast.org/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Great new podcast by Bob Mortimer about football called Athletico Mince (8% football content guaranteed each episode). Its not really about football its just the usual silly silly nonsense from Bob.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've gotten super into The Dollop over the last few weeks. It's 2 comedians and one reads a bizarre story from history to the other, who has no clue what it's about and he just reacts to it. If you like Drunk History, you'll enjoy it. I particularly recommend listening to the Oofty Goofty or Jack Parsons episodes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    How did I miss this?

http://thewestwingweekly.com/

Josh Malina and Hrishikesh Hirway doing a rewatch/review/interview from start to finish of The West Wing.

Amazing.

Andy
    For any Springsteen fans, Bruce Springsteen sings the alphabet is a really good listen. I'd space the episodes out a bit because the hosts can get pretty grating but it's a good concept and they do know their stuff.

Simon
    The Elis James and John Robins radio show podcast is well worth a go - I went to see the live show last night and it was fantastic.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norm Macdonald did a solid 2 hours on The Nerdist recently and it was such a great listen. I adore Norm and could listen to him tell comedy stories and talk about religion/philosophy for days.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link me up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Link me up.
    http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-norm-macdonald/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nerdist is my go to podcast. They just had one with Dakota Fanning this week, and it was interesting. I also listen to Fatman on Batman (Kevin Smith), Screen Junkies Movie Fights, and The Comedy Button.
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; October 27th, 2016 at 2:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Anyone listening to S-Town? I'm only two episodes in, but it's already pretty interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to the first two episodes of "Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend", and they are delightful. Conan in podcast form? Yes please. Will Ferrell and Kristen Bell were the first two guests.

Even Conan doing ad reads is entertaining.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good small level podcast called MarkAndMe is worth checking out. He's had some random as fuck guests and I think he's just some nobody young adult. He's had Kevin Smith, Anthony Hopkins, Corey Feldman, Lloyd Kauffman. Nothing special just shoots the shit with them and calls it a day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Joe Rogan Experience is the only podcast I listen to religiously. I enjoy it.

Couldn't imagine running to a podcast though. I need some gangster rap or anything with a hard beat.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listened to the first two episodes of "Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend", and they are delightful. Conan in podcast form? Yes please. Will Ferrell and Kristen Bell were the first two guests.

Even Conan doing ad reads is entertaining.
    My favorite new podcast.

Granted Conan could start a line of 12 inch steel dildos and those would instantly become my new favorite sex toy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    My favorite new podcast.

Granted Conan could start a line of 12 inch steel dildos and those would instantly become my new favorite sex toy.
    What is your current favorite sex toy? lol

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ron Burgandy is going to have a podcast on iHeartRadio in 2019. I'm very intrigued with how it'll go.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg omg omg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What is your current favorite sex toy? lol

11 inch steel dildo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok everyone my good friend Mark has completed the Holy Trinity of Donkey Kong/King of Kong on his podcast this week.

First he interviewed Walter Day, then Steve Wiebe, now he has just released the Billy Mitchell interview.

Here's a link to his podcast. It's great. He's also a big wrestling fan. But his first show ever he had Kevin Smith. He's also had Anthony Hopkins, Joe Cornish, Jason Mewes, the list goes on.

http://www.markandme.com

Multiple platforms, I prefer Spotify but whatever works.

But yeah to all my King of Kong fans, you'll love all 3 of these interviews. Billy's is really good, as he doesn't really do many interviews and Mark just lets him take the wheel and it's very solid.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy a local podcast, the Mixed Six podcast. They have 6 segments, and review 6 beers over the course of the show.

http://www.themixedsix.com/2019/03/0...t-to-mutagens/

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly a hot tip since I think it's charting very well, but I'm big into Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard. He's a good interviewer. I think it was the Rob McElhenny and Conan Obrien ones that first got me into it, but now I listen to any of the ones where he has a good guest.

I'm currently listening to the Jason Mantzoukas one and it's great.
    Last edited by Fro; April 10th, 2019 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly a hot tip since I think it's charting very well, but I'm big into Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard. He's a good interviewer. I think it was the Rob McElhenny and Conan Obrien ones that first got me into it, but now I listen to any of the ones where he has a good guest.

I'm currently listening to the Jason Mantzoukas one and it's great.
    I just started listening to this one. Absolutely love it. I have the Mantzoukas downloaded but I'm currently listening to the Justin Long one. Very good. Dax is a great interviewer and seems like he genuinely likes talking to his guests. Also downloaded the Jason Bateman, Jake Johnson, and Kathryn Hahn episodes.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Never mentioned Hardcore History by Dan Carlin. Although to truly call it a podcast is tough because it will come out maybe twice a year. But when it does come out, he does a great job.

Also lately been big on The Peter Attia Drive but that one is very medically technical at times so definitely has a small, specific niche.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't Say Cunt with Dave Foley and Paul Greenberg.

It's wonderfully funny.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jake Johnson episode of Armchair Expert is fantastic. As is the Jimmy Kimmel.

Best part of the Johnson episode, and this is probably just because I can be a petty, vindictive dickhead at times, but Johnson was telling this story about how his dad left when he was like 8 years old. Flash forward 20 years and his dad has gotten sober and wants to reconnect. Jake agrees to meet him but only if it's in a bar. He then proceeds to listen to his dad's apologies while drinking his dad's favorite drink in front of him and ends up getting fucking wasted. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.