Results 8,301 to 8,400 of 8638

Thread: The Impact Wrestling Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't mind WWE bringing Lashley back for a year to help get people over.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    @Cewsh Bobby Lashley is done with impact wrestling.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Fuck that. Lashley should beat everyone.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lashley vs. Lesnar and Lashley vs. Reigns would both be great main events. Lashley vs. AJ would be awesome too. Just give the guy someone to talk for him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Bring him in as a heyman guy on smackdown?

Bagel
    EC3 gone, Storm, Lashley, Masters/Adonis, who else did I miss departing in the past month?
    Watched a little of last night. Liked the buildup to the barbed wire massacre match but think they put too much effort into hyping that, though I understand why, if they're changing the ring ropes.... surely they could've just saved that shit for airing the match on Twitch. It felt like the show was essentially over with with a half hour to go, and that's not good. Every time they do one of these reboots it feels like they lose a big chunk of the roster. They could just as well dump the X division title and make another midcard one. The talent difference between those guys and what should be their main event is so slim.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read about the Barbed Wire match. How soon before Impact just becomes a glorified Backyard Wrestling Fed?

Bagel
    They seem to be fast on their way there. I give them a year, tops, before Patron and Johnny whatever are both gone. With all the departures I feel like they're better off just taking in a bunch of unknowns and building their roster cheaply. Surely some people are still going to pay to go to these events, or Impact will just pay for them to come in.

Bagel
    I'm flipping through channels and there's Impact and there's EC3. I forget they tape like two months in advance.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm flipping through channels and there's Impact and there's EC3. I forget they tape like two months in advance.
    He is a good addition to nXt, when you consider they will have callups after Mania. He will be a good strong heel to have as a champ. As for him and lashley leaving Impact, it is bad for them because they are big names, but i do think that they had both become stale and it may be good for Impact in other ways. Austin Aries coming back, along with a few other new additions is positive for Impact but I doubt it will be enough to save them long term. Booking is key at this point...we shall see how they get on.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So are Aires and Abyss the only two people left on the roster?

Bagel
    It'll be interesting to see how soon any of them are moved up. I would expect Lashley to be one of the first brought in, though he's been through (was it) FCW or NXT when he was there originally, EC3? Getting the number of recent additions they have should help the main show depth with guys getting hurt and being on extended absences for injury like JJ and Ambrose in particular, plus Joe too. Three guys right there from RAW. I'd expect about a half dozen moved up to main roster after Mania.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So are Aires and Abyss the only two people left on the roster?
    Actually three. They've recently added the four sided ring to the roster and dumped the six sides of shit into the alumni section.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get where they're going with Patron/Aries. And in that little promo segment both guys played their part well. Patron is obviously supposed to be the asshole for trying to get Aries, the vegan dude, to eat a steak.

But Aries' veganism and constant sanctimonious selling of it is so fucking annoying (listen to his interview on Talk is Jericho, they talk about wrestling for like 20 minutes and then do 40 on his diet and what he eats for lunch) that Patron calling him out and being a dick with the steak actually babyfaced him for me.

That steak looked damn good.

Either way though, Patron/Aries should have some excellent matches.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get over Aries' half Hitler mustache he has going on when they show the left side.

I actually would love to see these 2 throw down. ADR kind of falls in that Randy Orton territory where due to his size and look he gets slept on with his in-ring ability. Aries is damn good. And he is a prick but it works.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So Josh Matthews is running around all weekend doing a live twitch. Just left some kind of expo that had all kinds of people there. He talked to Terri Runnels for a bit and Sonjay Dutt. Oh and Booby Man @mth He is currently on the streets of New Orleans and it's a bit strange that no one recognizes him. Not even most of the wrestling fans. He's actually not far from the condo I stay in. I just saw the voodoo mart where I did a lot of my shopping.

https://www.twitch.tv/impactwrestling

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    If you have ever wanted to see two men get manicures now is your chance.

Stone Rockwell is pretty great though.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booby Man? But Big Daddy V is dead...

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Alberto no showed two Impact events.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    GONE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Wonder if he was too busy stalking Paige and her new fella

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That escalated quickly. Wonder if it's a work.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Nah he will be in WWE sponsored rehab within the fortnight, Dudes gradually been losing his mins for two years or so.

For instance he recently said it was Paige making him say all that wacky shit about WWE (beating up Hunter, The New Day etc) And he now wants to return after slagging the company rotten. Who here believes him?

To that end this isn't really the best way of getting yourself rehired.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Booby Man? But Big Daddy V is dead...
    Sorry. Boogie man. I was typing that as Terri Runnels was on so my mind typed what it wanted there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    So they had a PPV last night called Redemption and by all accounts it was actually a good show. Pentagon Jr won the world title from Austin Aries, Scott Steiner became one half of the tag team champions with Eli Drake.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on Instagram that Pentagon won the belt and I was like, what belt? Saw that it was for Impact and it just blows my mind that talent of that level can somehow get paid and not a damn person knows about the shows.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impact also got all new title belts... to replace the old GFW ones that they just slapped a "Impact Wrestling" sticker over the Global Force logos. That might actually be one of the lamest things they have done, the stickering.
    Have a look... old world title belt.

GFW Belt.

TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact...never change!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new belts do look cool but a little hard to make out the wording.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I saw on Instagram that Pentagon won the belt and I was like, what belt? Saw that it was for Impact and it just blows my mind that talent of that level can somehow get paid and not a damn person knows about the shows.
    I guess this was the Inter-promotion PPV with Lucha Underground/AAA. It was announced a month or so ago, but I completely forgot about it. Thing is, I thought Pentagon Jr left AAA.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I guess this was the Inter-promotion PPV with Lucha Underground/AAA. It was announced a month or so ago, but I completely forgot about it. Thing is, I thought Pentagon Jr left AAA.
    All I know is that he's wrestling here in Des Moines on May 5th. You'd think he'd find a better spot to celebrate Cinco De Mayo that DMI. Although we do have a pretty large Hispanic population.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is what's been happening on Impact recently. It's so weird seeing Lucha Underground guys here. And what is doing on in the Women's Division?

Edit: I just watched a bunch of videos about the relationship between Allie and Rosemary. I don't know whether I love it or hate it.
    Last edited by Sasori; June 1st, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is what's been happening on Impact recently. It's so weird seeing Lucha Underground guys here. And what is doing on in the Women's Division?

Edit: I just watched a bunch of videos about the relationship between Allie and Rosemary. I don't know whether I love it or hate it.
    Is it just me or does the Rosemary/Allie relationship seem like an unrequited and one-sides lesbian love affair? Allie calls Rosemary “her bunny” and always hangs on her every word. She’s married to Braxton Sutter as a shoot, but I get the vibes from Allie.

Also, I’m totally digging “The Ring” chick. The evil ghost bride thing is cheesey but she does a great job with it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Is it just me or does the Rosemary/Allie relationship seem like an unrequited and one-sides lesbian love affair? Allie calls Rosemary “her bunny” and always hangs on her every word. She’s married to Braxton Sutter as a shoot, but I get the vibes from Allie.

Also, I’m totally digging “The Ring” chick. The evil ghost bride thing is cheesey but she does a great job with it.
    It's actually the other way around. Rosemary calls Allie her "Bunny". They've got this Team "Demon Bunny" thing going on. Yeah, the Allie/Rosemary angle is like the umpteenth time they've done a storyline with lesbian undertones. It's become a staple in this company, no matter who owns it.

I don't know what Su Yung's gimmick is supposed to be or why she has a bunch of ghostly brides following her around. They've filmed some supernatural segments out of the arena, so it feels like they came up with this as a replacement for some of the Broken Hardy stuff.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosemary and Su Yung are very similar type gimmicks so having them battle didn't make sense too much IMO. Rosemary has done her ACL in so will be off screen for a while.

The product has got a bit better since Don Callis and Scott D'Amore started running the company but Impact is almost used as a showcase promotion for other companies. But I guess this saves on live show costs.

The person taking people out and leaving a calling card will likely not be a great reveal but the idea is interesting as it can run for a while without the perpetrator being known so it gives the company options to bring someone in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the “Weapon X” branding, I just assumed the person laying guys out was Brian Cage. But that doesn’t match up with the “Brian Cage Kills Jobbers On Every Continent World Tour” they’ve been doing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Rosemary got injured. Now that explains why Su Yung held a "Funeral" for her, lol.

These mystery reveals never really deliver. I can only hope it will be someone with somewhat of a name. Maybe it will be Brian Cage, because he's the last person you'd expect!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNA are the masters of not delivering on mystery reveals. It's better when there's no real build up and they just throw it on us like when Angle and Christian arrived. There was no "Who is this going to be?" build. They just showed up on a screen or in the ring.

Remember Tito Ortiz being this huge reveal? Nobody gave a fuck, it was sad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they revealed who the Mystery Attacker is:

Bagel
    This thread has pretty much been forgotten. Last I saw like a month ago the guy in the above video, there were teasers about the reveal or who it could be. Does anyone watch who can catch me up on what's been happening with the roster? I know Dixie is long gone and EC3 is still EC3 but with WWE and he along with Lashley and Alberto were shown in episodes long after their departures occurred. That's about all I know.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    The top post back in Jan. And 2 posts down...

Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Fuck that. Lashley should beat everyone.
    Fuck Yes!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    This thread has pretty much been forgotten. Last I saw like a month ago the guy in the above video, there were teasers about the reveal or who it could be. Does anyone watch who can catch me up on what's been happening with the roster? I know Dixie is long gone and EC3 is still EC3 but with WWE and he along with Lashley and Alberto were shown in episodes long after their departures occurred. That's about all I know.
    Mate I’m not convinced the TNA booking committee is much more in the know than you.

One of the things that gets me about TNA all the time is the way they never seem to be sure who’s going to be around for long, or at times seemingly when stuff will be aired or resolved they book themselves into so many bloody corners it’s no wonder the ring grew extra ones.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not following IMPACT much either, but they post regular highlight videos on YouTube so you could catch up quickly. Recently, Pentagon Jr. was unmasked and Rich Swann debuted.

Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Mate I’m not convinced the TNA booking committee is much more in the know than you.

One of the things that gets me about TNA all the time is the way they never seem to be sure who’s going to be around for long, or at times seemingly when stuff will be aired or resolved they book themselves into so many bloody corners it’s no wonder the ring grew extra ones.
    I tried not to read the spoilers but while I was watching Impact months ago EC3 was appearing at NXT and then I read about Lashley being gone, then he's still on the show... it's such an awkward show. The constant roster changeover and doing shows weeks ahead of airing them really doesn't do them a lot of good. It's similar to how I felt about Smackdown being taped, but at least they showed all that in the same week.

Bagel
    Seems like it wasn't a bad idea to give the show another look. Killer Kross, good ring presence but could use some ring work. For some reason he reminded me of Sam Shaw who I wish was still around. Didn't seem like they really gave that character a chance.

Rebel is back, Katarina is there. Su Yung? Their KO division is still pretty solid. Don't know much about the guys paired up with King(ston) in LAX, are they any good? I don't mean Hernandez and Homicide, but the other two dudes.

Meh about KM, Kongo Kong and that Cage guy. I guess credit to them for not dragging in every WWE burnout and trying to push them as the company's top star, just for that guy to end up leaving within a few months. (Like Alberto)

Eddie Edwards battling Tommy Dreamer? Pass. From reading spoilers I guess there's development with Edwards there why it's gotten to this. My sporadic watching this year, OVE is decent but tonight's promo seemed like a Shield ripoff. Overall not a bad show. I guess it's worth it to watch once every few months and things will make sense more than following every week.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it wasn't a bad idea to give the show another look. Killer Kross, good ring presence but could use some ring work. For some reason he reminded me of Sam Shaw who I wish was still around. Didn't seem like they really gave that character a chance.

Rebel is back, Katarina is there. Su Yung? Their KO division is still pretty solid. Don't know much about the guys paired up with King(ston) in LAX, are they any good? I don't mean Hernandez and Homicide, but the other two dudes.

Meh about KM, Kongo Kong and that Cage guy. I guess credit to them for not dragging in every WWE burnout and trying to push them as the company's top star, just for that guy to end up leaving within a few months. (Like Alberto)

Eddie Edwards battling Tommy Dreamer? Pass. From reading spoilers I guess there's development with Edwards there why it's gotten to this. My sporadic watching this year, OVE is decent but tonight's promo seemed like a Shield ripoff. Overall not a bad show. I guess it's worth it to watch once every few months and things will make sense more than following every week.
    You left out the Genetic Freak!

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is this shit with Austin Aires and Johnny Impact a work?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Slammiversary was on some random Sky channel in the UK last week and I missed it. Wasn't that supposed to have been a great show? Balls.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've read on main page that Aries is done with Impact. Done until they bring him back or seriously done is the question now. Crazy ending, definatley took some of Johnny's moment away.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You left out the Genetic Freak!

That guy acting scared when the Geriatric Freak's music plays is about the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there were some out there saying Aries "no sold" the finish and just got up and left. He didn't. He lays there for a good 10 seconds then gets up, flips off Cyrus and then leaves. So I don't think it came across as like some Bash at the Beach 2000 moment. He probably had a cut off for catering leaving out seaweed wraps and tofu bacon.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just watched it, and he pretty much popped up right after. Didn't sell the fact that he took someone's finish, just got up. I'd say that's a no sell.

He's a prick.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish Aries had stayed in WWE. Him and Neville and Itami and Nese should be currently ruling the CW division.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not impressed with Aries in WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I just watched it, and he pretty much popped up right after. Didn't sell the fact that he took someone's finish, just got up. I'd say that's a no sell.

He's a prick.
    He didn't need to lay there dead for 3 minutes. He's still a prick.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    He could've at least made it look like he went through a war. It'll just reflect badly on him when going for future bookings

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could've at least made it look like he went through a war. It'll just reflect badly on him when going for future bookings
    What's funny is you say that and many others have in the past, welllll before he stepped foot in the WWE, and it doesn't seem to matter. He could walk out and take a shit on someone's 10 year old daughter and that same promotion will re-hire him a month later. TNA has worked with him on 3 separate occasions and they all ended in some negative way. I mean, this company will take whoever has a drip of a name no matter how disrespected they are.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, and now he's done with the company and I could see Don Callis not wanting to bring him back. He hasn't done anything this stupid up to this point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and now he's done with the company and I could see Don Callis not wanting to bring him back. He hasn't done anything this stupid up to this point.
    Let's be honest....Is he really missing out if he's not in TNA? The guy has already built a legacy that few can match while being part of that company in the past. He's almost 40. And people have done much much much worse in TNA. Jeff Hardy for example. And their numbers sucked cock back then too so it wasn't like they were letting a huge ratings mover slide.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says a lot about a dude when he gets tossed out of WWE... and then tossed out of TNA. Sounds like a prick.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    It says a lot about a dude when he gets tossed out of WWE... and then tossed out of TNA. Sounds like a prick.
    He actually left both.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He actually ejected.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    He actually ejected.
    lol. Truth.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe he'll come back as San Jose Sagittarius

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin Aries should go to Ring of Honor, no-sell The Briscoe Brother's finish and then see how angry two rednecks can get and then we can pay "count the bruises and bloodstains" after they're done with him.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In addition to airing on the Pursuit Channel, IMPACT will now air LIVE on Twitch every Friday at 10PM EST.

GET YOU SOME, BOYS!!!! Impact is so fuckin good and now everyone can watch it. Get the fuck in, my guiz

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    In addition to airing on the Pursuit Channel, IMPACT will now air LIVE on Twitch every Friday at 10PM EST.

GET YOU SOME, BOYS!!!! Impact is so fuckin good and now everyone can watch it. Get the fuck in, my guiz
    It's terrible. 10 people in the crowd marking out for old fat Raven=so fuckin good? This is by far the lowest point in TNA's history.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Soooo you’re really gonna ignore allie/rosemary, Tessa/Taya, The rise of Cage, the Rascalz, Johnny Impact vs the world, the Lucha bros, LAX/OVE, etc. and focus on one old guy? Cmon dawg. There’s tons of great story-telling going on and sick matches everywhere.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I may be getting YouTube TV, I'll have to see Twitch is a channel on there cause I'd love to watch Impact.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Twitch is a website/app. If you have a smart TV, you can load Twitch on it. Or on your laptop or your phone or a tablet.

Bagel
    I watched the last half of it when it aired last week. Cage doesn't really impress me though he is a ridiculously big dude, almost cartoon-like. I like that they're not really dumping stories or turns after 2-3 weeks any more and they have a good core roster for what they do have. I checked and my cable doesn't carry Pursuit and another day/time switch coming makes it even less likely that I'll be following it. Tag division has about the same amount as RAW does and in terms of talent I'd actually give the edge to Impact.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must have decided to air it on twitch because allot of people can't get Pursuit. If they have Vods on their channel, that gives me a bit more incentive to start watching again.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently by leaving POP, they have all broadcast rights back, which is why they’re airing on a network they own and can stream on Twitch

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo you’re really gonna ignore allie/rosemary, Tessa/Taya, The rise of Cage, the Rascalz, Johnny Impact vs the world, the Lucha bros, LAX/OVE, etc. and focus on one old guy? Cmon dawg. There’s tons of great story-telling going on and sick matches everywhere.
    No I'm just pointing out that it doesn't take much to pop a TNA crowd. So if the 12 people in the crowd are blowing up about old ass Raven, how easy it is to get over?

For me it's honestly more about how disconnected I am with the show because I only see it on youtube in clips or just the match itself. So I'm going out of my way to watch mediocre storylines that happen to feature maybe 2 people I like (Pentagon Jr and Rosemary)

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must have decided to air it on twitch because allot of people can't get Pursuit. If they have Vods on their channel, that gives me a bit more incentive to start watching again.
    I came across the show last week. Something I'd say they need is a dynamic camera. Not the zooming all the time to hide shots like WWE does, but multiple cameras to show more fluidity. The one static camera makes it aware that it's a show, whereas production-wise, WWE always does a great job at getting inside the ring and taking you out of the reality.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does NXT have a bigger live audience than Impact? Or is it about the same size?

By the way...I watched my favorite TNA ppv, Bound for Glory 2005 on Sunday. It's insane how different everything is in comparison 13-14 years later. Understandably so. Look at the WWE 14 years ago, totally different...oh wait....

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think WWE releases viewership numbers for Network shows.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Does NXT have a bigger live audience than Impact? Or is it about the same size?

By the way...I watched my favorite TNA ppv, Bound for Glory 2005 on Sunday. It's insane how different everything is in comparison 13-14 years later. Understandably so. Look at the WWE 14 years ago, totally different...oh wait....
    LOVED TNA from 2004-2006. There will always be a place in my heart for Turning Point 2004. One of a handful of excellent TNA DVDs I still have.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Impact Wrestling Thread

Could have sworn there was a thread but anyway.....

Impact has been on the up since Don took over creative, And having just watched Slammiversary I have to say I haven't enjoyed a WWE PPV as much in ages.

Never seen his work before but having watched a few TV's and this PPV Big Mike Elgin is becoming a firm favourite.

So discuss anything Impact in here, the weekly show, Big events or general musings.

Bagel
    Yeah used to be a thread but it was so infrequently posted in we probably had posts from 2018 still on the last page. Alright to have a restart with newer management in place. I miss the shows since they took it off Pop and I'm not too find of the platform it's on now. Twitch, I think. I tried it at first during the change but gave up after a show or two.

Ninja
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has definitely an improvement

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....ghlight=impact

For some reason it was moved to the ENTERTAINMENT forum.....

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yo @Cewsh @Pablo Diablo merge please

- - - Updated - - -

Yo @Cewsh @Pablo Diablo merge please

And move back to wrestling as well

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Done

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 5 reasons to watch Impact and go:

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sami Callihan and his build-up as a star

Brian Cage just demolishing people

Tessa Blanchard and her run in both KO and inter gender matches

Rosemary, Havok, Su Yung and the booking of the Knockouts in general

I would say LAX, but they just finished up their rub. God they’ve been so great. Let’s just say the tag scene in general in IMPACT is very well booked.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Callihan and his build-up as a star

Brian Cage just demolishing people

Rosemary, Havok, Su Yung and the booking of the Knockouts in general

I would say LAX, but they just finished up their rub. God they’ve been so great. Let’s just say the tag scene in general in IMPACT is very well booked.
    Yeah we've always been able to, for the most part, rely on the KO division being good-great.

I saw Havok was back so that peaked my interest a little more lately.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watch Slammiversary from Sunday. Amazing show and the women stole it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing kills my interest in a promotion more than Sami Callihan...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Nothing kills my interest in a promotion more than Sami Callihan...
    LOL. Why?

I'm not super familiar with him. I knew a little of him prior to him joining NXT and he didn't jack shit in NXT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like his Roman Reigns-esque vest/attie, I don't like the OVE Stable, I'm not a fan of the emo/punk wrestler gimmick in general, He always comes off as extremely douchey in interviews, and I just don't see anything in him besides Lower Card / possibly one half of a tag team.

He's just boring and never really changes. I think if he did a gimmick wear he became preppy - as much as people would say it's a Bray Wyatt rip-off, he needs to do something different, add a new wrinkle to the character.

I like Eddie Edwards, but this hardcore gimmick is doing nothing for him and he needs to change it. I want great wrestling matches, and Eddie Edwards can do it. Stop the Kenny crap

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Tessa is fantastic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything cool going on with Impact these days? The latest headline is Tessa Blanchard challenging Sami Callahan for the World title.

Bagel
    Anything cool going on with Impact these days? The latest headline is Tessa Blanchard challenging Sami Callahan for the World title.
    I watched some last week or the week before. I forget. It just seems significantly different even from the Impact of 3 years ago that it'll take some getting used to. Recently found some MLW on cable which I didn't know was even on there, and I got right into that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    I watched some last week or the week before. I forget. It just seems significantly different even from the Impact of 3 years ago that it'll take some getting used to. Recently found some MLW on cable which I didn't know was even on there, and I got right into that.
    I have barely kept up since they left Spike. I would catch stuff on youtube or people sharing on social media but that's about it. It's all about convenience for me. If it's not on tv or a streaming service I probably won't keep up on it.

Bagel
    Same here, man. I regularly watched when it was on Spike, lost track of the change of night when they moved to Pop TV and where it was before that. Gave up when it went to Twitch. I kinda forget it's on Tuesday nights now though, just happened to be flipping through.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Same here, man. I regularly watched when it was on Spike, lost track of the change of night when they moved to Pop TV and where it was before that. Gave up when it went to Twitch. I kinda forget it's on Tuesday nights now though, just happened to be flipping through.
    After Spike I didn't pay much attention until the Broken stuff hit and I saw it being shared all over the web. So I would seek that stuff out and some of the other stuff that was going on but didn't really care until a year or 2 ago when they had Pentagon Jr win the World title. But then I dipped out again. It's hard to get into something that doesn't look anything like before and what does look like before isn't the same lol. Or it feels weak.

Austin Aries doing his title collecting wasn't horrible but it wasn't awesome.

Bagel
    Weak. That's what I felt about watching the show. I think last week's opened with a triple threat tag team match. The crowd just seemed dead but that shouldn't be too hard with what looks like 200 people there. Too much roster changeover too frequently. It feels like an indy company with somebody working for like 2 months (or less), moving on and having someone else new that I won't be interested in. The women's division is solid but that's about it.

Bagel
    Last edited by Bagel; November 25th, 2019 at 7:39 PM. Reason: double post. delete.

Bagel
    Just found Impact on. What's up with the tiny ring? Looks like the ones WWE used at those 2,000 seat venues years ago.