Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,100 of 8638

Thread: The Impact Wrestling Thread

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Drew to NxT would seem a logical step for both sides really, and Matt and his side kick to Smackers.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Drew to NxT would seem a logical step for both sides really, and Matt and his side kick to Smackers.
    I long to see Drew vs Styles. Give it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too bad.

Substitute creativity in TNA for a better paycheck in WWE. I'd only do it if I were getting a lax schedule because the WWE will just bring them back as they were and we've already seen that a hundred times over. Why would they let them be the characters they were in TNA? I just don't see it. They'll get bored with them, split them apart again and Matt will be a glorified jobber who grows unhappy with his role, unless Matt has a change of heart and feels his days of being a big worker are over and he's only in it for the check. Jeff will get pushed again, he'll probably fuck up unless they give them a lax schedule. The guy he worked a good program with is no longer in the company. What's in it for him?

I guess it all depends on the mindset of the company and the mindset of the guys. If they come in expecting to be pushed to the moon again, they'll probably be short term things. If they come in to put over other guys and are ok with that, in return they work a reduced schedule. I suppose that might be the optimal deal.

They protect the hell outta Goldberg, but the Hardys at their most popular, were never Goldberg, separate or together.
    Last edited by ReDPath; February 27th, 2017 at 6:41 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Matt has announced via twitter that the hardys are done with TNA

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man what a shame,

It wasn't even two weeks ago that the now chief creative officer (Jarrett) was talking about how Hardy had been running with the ball given to him.

His wife has gone mental on Twitter btw

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When hasn't Reby gone mental on Twitter? People used to think Matt was bad on social media, Reby is like Sunny x100 bad.

How long before Double J puts another Impact title around his waist? Even when the guy wasn't working for them they put a fucking belt on his bitch ass. Fuck him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With TNA losing both Galloway and the Hardys in rapid succession, that roster is going to be thinner than it's ever been. Jeff and Dutch are going to have work their creative asses off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly why I think it's only a matter of time before Jarrett is on t.v. with gold around his waist. Right now the only hope we can have is Karen Jarrett in a bikini every week.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great episode of impact this past week. Eli is money. The hardys stuff is brilliant. The wedding was awesome.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Exactly why I think it's only a matter of time before Jarrett is on t.v. with gold around his waist. Right now the only hope we can have is Karen Jarrett in a bikini every week.
    *googling* Nope, that still wouldn't get me to go watch, haha.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maria and Mike Bennett done with impact now too. FUUUUCK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yikes.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 (6 if you count Reby, I suppose) big names right there being written off of their programming, that's not awesome. I won't be surprised if we see GFW folded into/partnered with Impact somehow, like they probably wanted to do a couple of years ago before that whole storyline went nowhere... Especially with the rumblings that Aldis is on his way back to Impact. Dutch and JJ have an even bigger task in front of them now with missing out on those folks leaving and the likes of Cody and others probably popping in and out periodically with no concrete deal in place. Here's to hoping they can keep some momentum going through these next couple of tapings.

Without all of the details, and without seeing how it is going to play out, the Hardy move looks like a cash grab only. I can't see how WWE is going to give them the freedom to be Broken on WWE tv, AND how does the Broken family just show up on WWE tv to an audience that largely doesn't ever sniff around Impact? You would think that NXT may not be a big enough stage for bringing the Hardys in, but HHH has brought huge names through there and it could work for a brief time to revv up their WWE version of whatever gimmick they want to bring in. If they are coming in as the WWE Hardy Boyz, or their most recent WWE singles run versions, I say no thanks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Maria and Mike Bennett done with impact now too. FUUUUCK
    I want to see them in the WWE so bad it's not even funny. Especially Maria. I know you have but those who haven't seen her since she left the WWE, she is a fantastic heel manager. IMO, the hottest female in wrestling. Maybe of all time. I really liked Mike Bennett in Ring of Honor pre-Kingdom when he was doing that gimmick where he acted like he was above everyone and was just waiting on that call from WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDuett View Post
    5 (6 if you count Reby, I suppose) big names right there being written off of their programming, that's not awesome. I won't be surprised if we see GFW folded into/partnered with Impact somehow, like they probably wanted to do a couple of years ago before that whole storyline went nowhere... Especially with the rumblings that Aldis is on his way back to Impact. Dutch and JJ have an even bigger task in front of them now with missing out on those folks leaving and the likes of Cody and others probably popping in and out periodically with no concrete deal in place. Here's to hoping they can keep some momentum going through these next couple of tapings.

Without all of the details, and without seeing how it is going to play out, the Hardy move looks like a cash grab only. I can't see how WWE is going to give them the freedom to be Broken on WWE tv, AND how does the Broken family just show up on WWE tv to an audience that largely doesn't ever sniff around Impact? You would think that NXT may not be a big enough stage for bringing the Hardys in, but HHH has brought huge names through there and it could work for a brief time to revv up their WWE version of whatever gimmick they want to bring in. If they are coming in as the WWE Hardy Boyz, or their most recent WWE singles run versions, I say no thanks.
    The upside is that the Hardyz are ultra popular and this Broken stuff has transcended beyond Impact Wrestling. When that first stuff hit there were so many people that don't even watch wrestling that were checking that out. I barely watch Impact, what I do see is only on their Youtube channel because I never had Dest America or PopTV but I watched these. So I think people would be really shocked at how well received this gimmick would be. The WWE audience is not this gigantic casual fanbase, these days it's heavy with fans who watch more than WWE.

NXT is definitely not the place to put them. Triple H has never brought anyone through NXT as big as Matt and Jeff Hardy. The biggest name in NXT was probably Nakamura or Joe and they're not Hardy level. Jeff Hardy alone is one of the most popular wrestlers of the last 20 years.

Jaded fan aside the other side of me sees Vince being more accepting of things he did not create. He didn't create AJ Styles and Kevin Owens and those 2 guys have been at the top for awhile now. Samoa Joe, comes in and has only main evented Raw, you don't see him opening the show or in the 2nd hour after a Titus promo. And I said this yesterday but the Broken stuff, it actually seems like something Vince would get a kick out of because it's so fucking absurd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, it's not as if neither Hardy has played a nutter on WWE TV. In fact their feud around WM25 was just a shit version of the "Broken" stuff really, right down to the explosions and family (and pets) getting exploited. Probably could have gone further but everybody wanted Jeff in the main events so it sunk.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And now Jade is gone too. UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Jeff Jarrett comes back and now 6 of their top players are gone........

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, there are reasons for this. TNA is changing their pay structure as such:

- If a talent worked a day's tapings, but they taped multiple episodes of IMPACT, the talent was paid per taping, not per day. So, if they taped 4 episodes in 1 day, the talent would get 4 paychecks. The new system would see them get paid PER DAY, rather than per taping. Work 2 days, but you taped 7 episodes? Too bad, you're only getting paid for the 2 days of work.
    - Jeff wants to kill the portion of their contracts that allow talent to work indie dates and make them IMPACT exclusive performers. With only 1 or 2 days of work a month, these guys can't take that loss.
    - IMPACT wants to take a portion of any indie dates worked (let's say 10%). For performers with high indie fees like the Hardys, that adds up FAST.

Basically, new management wants to pay people are little as possible and take from them as much as they can.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know back in 2006 I understood the whole concept of making these guys exclusive to TNA or if they did an indie show it couldn't be taped and/or sold with that performer on it. They were trying to establish themselves as a legit #2 and didn't want other smaller promotions getting the rub, I get it. The last few years, I haven't got it lol. You want to lock in people to work 2-3 days a month (they don't do house shows remember) and only pay them a minimal amount of money.

And for a guy like Jeff Jarrett to be down with this stuff is mind blowing. For all that I don't like about him, you would think that with what he was trying to accomplish with GFW that he wouldn't be trying to fuck Impact wrestlers like this. Maybe his hands are tied, fuck if I know but I saw his name on your list so fuck him.

Bagel
    So Hardys gone, Wolves are no longer. Decay decay decay are the tag division?
    Btw where has that goof Grado been?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know, but I think he shot first.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Prichard heading back in an on-screen role due to the popularity of his podcast.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks, I can't see the podcast continuing on with this news... All of the listeners should have ponied up the $1/episode haha kidding.

With how he shit on the company in his 2 episodes and constantly shits on them in the others, this feels like such a Dixie-logic decision. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Dixie pretty much a non-factor now with Impact after the new ownership? As I said in the podcast thread, to me it just feels like he's getting back in the mix because Jeff Jarrett is back and he's tight with Jeff. I think when Bruce was there originally, Jeff was getting phased out or was already gone I can't remember for sure so a lot of his negativity has to do with Dixie and Big John and others.

I did not know it'd be an on-air role. Prichard seemed to come across as very negative to him being on camera in the past with TNA but who knows what the fuck his role will be amongst the 14 people left on the roster......

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kidding about Dixie, I do believe she is gone from a decision-making standpoint. I was just alluding to how much sense it makes to bring someone on board who has done nothing but shit on your company. Not to mention the tongue-in-cheek shit talking about JJ and his dad haha... Well, you know, spend my days workin'...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDuett View Post
    I was kidding about Dixie, I do believe she is gone from a decision-making standpoint. I was just alluding to how much sense it makes to bring someone on board who has done nothing but shit on your company. Not to mention the tongue-in-cheek shit talking about JJ and his dad haha... Well, you know, spend my days workin'...
    You take the chicken and the uh, walnuts, and you get some grapes...

After i posted I thought you were just making a joke about Dixie. That phrase "dixie logic" is like when you hear people post "TNALOL" haha.

Omega Level Digimon ImperialStingmon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I want to see them in the WWE so bad it's not even funny. Especially Maria. I know you have but those who haven't seen her since she left the WWE, she is a fantastic heel manager. IMO, the hottest female in wrestling. Maybe of all time. I really liked Mike Bennett in Ring of Honor pre-Kingdom when he was doing that gimmick where he acted like he was above everyone and was just waiting on that call from WWE.
    I want to see her too, but if I remember correctly one major issue is she's had a major argument with at least one of the Bella Twins. If that isn't cleared up I don't know if she'll come back

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialStingmon View Post
    I want to see her too, but if I remember correctly one major issue is she's had a major argument with at least one of the Bella Twins. If that isn't cleared up I don't know if she'll come back
    That can be resolved...NEXT SEASON ON TOTAL DIVAS.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Nice of them to clear some space on the roster for Jack Swagger to become their new pet project for three weeks.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

IMPACT is coming back to SpikeTV....in the UK.

Good news for them, I say. I'd be curious to see if they could get back on Spike in the US.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully they will.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Impact were able to get back on to Spike in the US that would be tremendous for them. It's a damn shame that they had such a small audience the last year or so as I felt they were doing a good job with building up a lot of newer talent people have still yet to see. Plus the Broken stuff, all on channels that had about half the reach of Spike.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDPath View Post
    That's too bad.

Substitute creativity in TNA for a better paycheck in WWE. I'd only do it if I were getting a lax schedule because the WWE will just bring them back as they were and we've already seen that a hundred times over. Why would they let them be the characters they were in TNA? I just don't see it. They'll get bored with them, split them apart again and Matt will be a glorified jobber who grows unhappy with his role, unless Matt has a change of heart and feels his days of being a big worker are over and he's only in it for the check. Jeff will get pushed again, he'll probably fuck up unless they give them a lax schedule. The guy he worked a good program with is no longer in the company. What's in it for him?

I guess it all depends on the mindset of the company and the mindset of the guys. If they come in expecting to be pushed to the moon again, they'll probably be short term things. If they come in to put over other guys and are ok with that, in return they work a reduced schedule. I suppose that might be the optimal deal.

They protect the hell outta Goldberg, but the Hardys at their most popular, were never Goldberg, separate or together.
    I would argue the Hardyz should get pushed strong because of how popular they are and will be. Jeff from 2007-2009 was the most popular guy in the company. I don't know why the Goldberg comparison here? Not everyone returning is going to work three 2 minute matches for 5 months and be gone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's saying that the WWE aren't going to protect the Hardyz and push them as hard they were in TNA, or even in the past with WWE, because they're on someone like Goldberg's level. Has nothing to do with how long his matches are or when he'll leave, just a status issue I guess. Which I will always say blows my mind considering how much shit Goldberg has talked in the last 12-13 years about the WWE and pro wrestling in general. Fuck him. Wish he was wrestling Seth Rollins and a turnbuckle powerbomb would show him just how great this sport is.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Even Seth Rollins isn't safe from Seth Rollins.

Bagel
    I want Wade Barrett to come to Impact Wrestling so Pope can call him Wade Barnett.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With a name like Pope he must be a douchebag

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attended the tapings tonight.... I'll just say things look promising. Went into the show with TNA interest at an all time low for me, and left with it being the highest it's been in years. Lots of interesting storylines and surprises and I dig the new logo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on the spoilers:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome to see Reno Scum make in on... always a pleasure to work w/ in SF.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; March 3rd, 2017 at 3:27 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    he did not win it. Dusty finish and he stole the belt. I assume they're in the process of ditching the TNA titles for IMPACT titles

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he did not win it. Dusty finish and he stole the belt. I assume they're in the process of ditching the TNA titles for IMPACT titles
    Fair enough. I doubt it's not going to lead to him getting it though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So there is a talk of the wrestling world signing by impact that hasn't been revealed. Who could it be other than Punk?

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking anybody

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You are right! Obviously Matt Morgan what the fuck was I thinking?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I hear JR will be joining on ccommentary if that counts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    It certainly wouldn't hurt things. Seen Paige was backstage at the tapings. I wonder if that will land her in anymore shit.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Having me on commentary wouldn't hurt compared to that piece of trash Matthews.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people putting money in to keep this thing alive. An absolute money pit. A TV show that people can't watch on TV if they wanted to. What do they hope to secure out of it?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    So there is a talk of the wrestling world signing by impact that hasn't been revealed. Who could it be other than Punk?
    Rey Mysterio? Wade Barrett? Carlito?
    Last edited by Bill Casey; March 4th, 2017 at 7:53 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I am for the first time in years going to give this a follow when it lands on Spike UK in April..The spoilers have my interest and now JJ is back in charge I will give it a shot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    Rey Mysterio? Wade Barrett? Carlito?
    None of them would warrant talk of the wrestling world. I think del Rio is more of a surprise than any of them. Rey coming in to be with lax could be a good move though.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Speaking Wade Barrett, he's started making the rounds on the convention circuit as Fake News Bennett which is brilliant.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading through the spoilers up til tonight:

I have so many more questions... which usually means I'm gonna watch more.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time watching Impact in who knows how long, but what's up with Josh Matthews and JB feuding? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know what the fuck that whole "Fuck the Owl" stuff meant until I listened to a clip of Don Tony and Kevin Castle's show where DT talked about it real quick. How stupid is that? Lol. Mascots? Oh Impact. LOLImpact?

I guess if I actually watched I might give a fuck about Impact but damn the last month they've really put a sour taste in my mouth with bringing back Double J and the Broken bullshit going on.

Bagel
    I've lost interest in following the show too. It happens sometimes. Towards the last quarter of 2016 I would catch almost every week when I remembered it's on. It just feels like every four months is the latest reboot/rebrand. Someone else posted about the amount of talent they've had leave and head to WWE in the past two years. What AJ and Joe are doing now is way above whatever they were doing those last 2-3 years in Impact. Now losing Drew and the Hardy's. Don't really have the roster depth to build a tag division and make a midcard, although their main event is very similar to your typical midcard elsewhere.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    The more things change, the more they stay the same...

They spent the majority of their "reboot" show talking about WWE.

as if it wasn't abysmal enough before listening to Josh Matthews and his retarded sidekick ramble incoherently about nonsense--

now they've got Matthews and Borash bickering over the action like little schoolgirl cunts.

Prichard's just there to hype his podcast...

while the suits are desperate for him to bring fans of said podcast over to Impact Wrestling.

like bringing in Double J, Bruce Prichard, and Dutch Mantel is going to solve their problems.

Sure, Dixie is a daft cunt, but people seem to forget that Jarrett played a hand in sinking the company back in the day too with his self-serving bullshit.

he hasn't been able to get that other car wreck of a wrestling company he fronts many eyes on it yet-- what makes Impact officials think
    he can do any good for their company?

Turning to their checkered past isn't going to help matters any.

Impact Wrestling...

TNA...

it doesn't matter what they call themselves-- the end result will be the same.

more like Impacted Wrestling: that company is full of shit.

too many egos involved that can't set aside personal beefs for the betterment of the company.

It's nothing short of a fucking miracle that they are still in business.

TNA/Impact Wrestling: The cockroach of the wrestling world.

ousting Corgan from the company was a death knell.

They can make all of the cosmetic changes that they want to-- they're only prolonging the inevitable...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude I would rather see Dixie Carter than Jeff Jarrett running TNA I don't give a fuck.

I hate Jeff Jarrett. I hate that people act like he didn't fuck TNA up just as bad as Hogan, Bischoff, Dixie, etc. He's a scum bag who tried to use his wife's death as a way to get over as a babyface, fucked around with Angle's wife fucking that relationship up, fuck him.

How fucking dumb are TNA if they think people who listen to Prichard's podcast will follow him there lol.....?? He did 4+ hours shitting on the company, revealing so many fucked up things. His podcast is 98% WWE related lol. I get it, he's a fucking mark for Jeff Jarrett for whatever reason but give me a break. Honestly, I would rather see Vince Russo than that dumb fuck running TNA because at least Russo would be into doing things that are not WWE 101 even though he basically helped morph the way WWE present their poduct but he's still an oddball fuck of a writer.

Banned
    Smoking Meth and cuddling with an Armenian Gender Queer on a broken couch inside of an abandoned abortion clinic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq
    Jarrett is the worst. I'll admit to enjoying some of his work down in USWA decades ago, but he is certainly not the legend that he apparently fancies himself as.

he was the Triple H of TNA for the majority of his ludicrous, lengthy title runs. he buried younger talents like Monty Brown(who never recovered)and countless others just to stroke his own inflated ego.

i'm sure it won't be long before Russo follows Double J over to Impact Wrestling... that company deserves what's coming to it.

they could have had Corgan-- a man who truly loved the business-- take over ownership and push these younger guys... maybe even make something out of that laughing stock of a company...

Instead-- they just set themselves back a decade by bringing in Jarrett.

not making contractual obligations with their most over talents in The Hardys-- priority one, is the act of a lousy businessman.

launching legal proceedings against them over a gimmick that put eyes on their horrendous product during it's darkest times, only goes to show how far their heads are up their own assholes.

just reading his passive aggressive Tweets in regard to the Broken Hardys, has assured me that this new owner is a real fucking addle pate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance Storm said something that really is the truth and something we have always said but TNA/Impact needs to stop with the whole reinventing themselves bullshit. Seems like every year we get that same routine and it's this big angle. And he goes or it was Cyrus, "You need to stop making angles about things that suck/sucked". Like the whole thing where they were shitting on the past-which is hilarious considering JEFF JARRETT was part of that regime forever. The only reason he's around now is because those Nazi's at Anthem, the Harris Bros., were his fucking butt buddies in WCW and beyond. And because GFW was a fucking flop and fuck those who thought this was going to be this great thing without even having ring!

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed Nordholm with Anthem is a wrestler mark just like Dixie. Just another one that's been sold a bill of goods.

That first show was absolutely brutal. And the Hardy situation isn't helping the 'new regime' look good at all. Having nearly 70 year old Dutch Mantell coming out in a wheelchair to announce new era was so cringe worthy.
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; March 15th, 2017 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking Wade Barrett, he's started making the rounds on the convention circuit as Fake News Bennett which is brilliant.
    That's awesome.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the latest Impact, I thought Konnan was going to fall over, I swear he was shaking after LAX did the beatdown.

These new owners are making it really hard for me to invest in a show that constantly bangs on about the past or WWE.

We all know about that crap already, just focus on attracting a new audience get some youth in there and stop getting old people out on scooters and trying to be other promotions.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same few people keep coming back, I'd have loved Corgan to have stayed but he was probably as much as a fan as Dixie was. Anthem do have a solid business model so should be able to invest in TNA but whether TNA will ever be more than a TV based promotion again I do wonder. Anthem may just see it as a content provider for their networks.

With NXT, it is becoming very hard for TNA to snap up younger upcoming talent so are left with their existing roster, talent who has left WWE and competing with ROH and Indys for the remaining pool. If ROH is allowing wrestlers more freedom to work Indy dates then talent may prefer there to TNA and young talent may wait to see if NXT comes calling.

Lots of people have had a crack at booking TNA but have never taken it to the next level, I don't know who they could honestly bring in to run the show and what sort of power Anthem would give them etc.

Bagel
    Corgan seemed more likeable and to some degree, from what I'd read, didn't seem like such a power hungry psycho like Dixie was. That said, he also seemed to come across as an authority on the side of the fans, and incapable of being that guy that people could hate. Every time he was on TV I'd see him as a pushover like George McFly.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mario Bokaro on Impact this week? May have to tune in, he was in my brother's grade in high school.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is Impact on? I went to their website and couldn't find it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is Impact on? I went to their website and couldn't find it.
    LMAO.

What's funny about this is that I'm going back listening to older Something To Wrestle podcast, and I just listened to part 1 and 2 of TNA again just so I could maybe put my finger on why Bruce went back. Dixie and Panda being gone definitely is a good reason why he came back. But anyway...what's funny is that he talked about that dude Bill Bush who was like in charge of their website and how it was like pulling teeth to get him to update it and here we are, still having the same issues and fuck he might STILL be in charge of that site.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Impact is on Thursdays at 8 PM on Pop TV.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have no idea if I get Pop or not, I'll have to check. This seems like the dumbest thing, but on the front page of their website where they're promoting their show for the week it really should say "8:00 PM Eastern Time" so that people who are curious know when it's on. And have an app or something to tell you what channel Pop is on your cable system.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have no idea if I get Pop or not, I'll have to check. This seems like the dumbest thing, but on the front page of their website where they're promoting their show for the week it really should say "8:00 PM Eastern Time" so that people who are curious know when it's on. And have an app or something to tell you what channel Pop is on your cable system.
    The first part yes. The 2nd part, you have a guide don't you? Does the WWE have an app on their website to show you what channel USA is on your cable system?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pop TV website has a place to enter your zip code and it will tell you the channel it is on based on your provider. I have Sling TV which I don't think carries Pop TV.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put a link on their site to the Pop TV widget. And WWE doesn't do that with USA, but USA is a much bigger channel than Pop TV is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put a link on their site to the Pop TV widget. And WWE doesn't do that with USA, but USA is a much bigger channel than Pop TV is.
    Or you could just go to your guide, or Pop TV's website. I'm not saying it's the worst idea in the world but it seems a little nitpicky when you have the ability yourself to go "Ok it's on PopTV, let me check my guide real quick and see if I have the channel." Because guess what, my cable provider has the channel available but it's part of a package that costs an extra $10 so even if Impact had a link or widget for Pop that doesn't mean you actually have access to the channel.

Bagel
    Last night's show seemed interesting enough to stick with it for the most part. Seeing a lot of guys I'd not seen before or never heard of. But the ending, the last ten minutes was like a wet fart. I see the spoilers for the weeks to come and see why it's set up as such but so much of the show felt like "This is who we were, this is who we are, and this is who we're always going to be". I get it, you're under new management. For a long time their biggest problem was themselves. This is way worse than WWE beating to death "divas revolution". The new management push is shit you'd probably catch at 3 AM on public access/local channels. Stick to what their strength is and that is putting on a wrestling show.

Weird not seeing the Hardys around any more but I like the Reno Scum team. They look like something straight out of a 2K CAW if a 12 year old was doing it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's Bobby Lashley up to? Is he the champ?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    So what's Bobby Lashley up to? Is he the champ?
    Yeah he's like a 5 time champ now. I think he has a Bellator fight coming up in the next few months.

Bagel
    Was Spud doing ring introductions for the show or who is that?

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea it was Spud

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Say goodbye to the owl man tag team championships! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OBSOLETE!
    OBSOLETE!
    OBSOLETE!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaron Rex is done with Impact.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Said he's possibly done with wrestling too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    "I never said retirement. I'm just doing some other stuff for a while. One thing I will never do is lie to you guys. #KeepinIt��"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole Jeremy Borash vs Josh Matthews thing is damn annoying, it's like they are trying to do a reincarnation of Lawler vs Cole which sucked in the first place.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Impact merging with Global Force.

I haven't watched for years, but anything involving Jeff Jarrett can only be bad, right?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Borash talking about how Anthem is leading Impact to great places and it's going to be great.

Doesn't he or someone seem to say that every year?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Sandow would work great in NXT. he would be an instant draw for them

Bagel
    Yeah I have no reason to believe Impact reboot #146 is going to be any better of a product, but have to say last night's show was pretty good of what I saw.
    Some of it, like any show, seems to be carrying on angles way too long (Braxton/Allie/whatever her name is)

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried watching this last night and I was pushed away due to Borash and Matthews.

Good God, Josh Matthews is terrible. I wanted so badly to watch the Lashley/Storm match, but I couldn't get past Matthew's annoying voice.

My wife looked at me and said, "that is not WWE is it?" I said, "No honey, it's not." Her response: "I didn't think so, there is no way they'd let someone that terrible talk."

She doesn't even watch wrestling. SMH.

Bagel
    Somebody likened this to the Cole/Lawler storyline and I'd agree, but at least Cole offered something. JB and Pope seemed to do OK but that last part of the show with all three was unbearable audio.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No idea what they are doing with Josh? Wasn't he meant to fuck off? Grrrr what a gobshite. Otherwise enjoying the show.
    Oh yeah, is Bruces video just the name of his podcast?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I was going to ask when did they hire the ring announcer from WWF one night only 1997 then realised who it was haha.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching this now. All a bit weird really. Pushing the title match down the card was weird.

Konnan standing in that bloody ring during all the fighting afterwards was a bit odd and clunky.

At the end of the day its a budget offering and so hard to complain too much about production etc.

Have a feeling Josh will come good down the line.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No he won't, He's fucking trash. Just have JB and Pope. Glad I wasn't the only one who found the Konnan thing weird haha.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I like that Ki wrestles in a suit