Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7581828384858687 LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,500 of 8638

Thread: The Impact Wrestling Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVD as a heel?

IMPACT is losing their grip on reality. No one will ever boo RVD.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    RVD as a heel?

IMPACT is losing their grip on reality. No one will ever boo RVD.
    RVD is one of my all time favorites but there's something odd about him these days lol. I never really pictured RVD as one of those dudes that would linger around. And I agree, who is going to boo RVD? I mean, his relationship with Katie Forbes is strange lol but he's living the dream for a lot of men hahaha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Barely kept tabs on Impact for a long time now but I've seen a lot of people raving about this video hype package that aired last night for Callihan/Blanchard:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...27719797305345

Wow. Fair play. That was fantastic. Great to hear from Magnum TA too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first Impact ppv in forever... does the crowd always sound like they're waiting for the show to end?

edit: And they missed the freaking pin lol. This shit is whack.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main event and Tessa has zero reaction from the crowd.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exhausting. It feels like an hour of YOU CAN DO IT TESSA!

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Impact is trash.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With Tessa being in the news negatively, I'm surprised they had her win.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably why they had her win. Carni values big and strong.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're drawing CHIKARA level crowds you're able to do CHIKARA level things. I was more concerned with whatever the fuck RVD is doing these days than anything else. Seriously what strain is he smoking? Lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't get the Tessa thing. why is she able to fight for the world title and not the other women? is she able to defend the world title against the women as well? or is it just the men.

She isn't even physically imposing. I get Nia Jax, Chyna, Awesome Kong but Tessa? Meh

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure she'll drop it fairly quickly.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Her vague non apology, woe is me speech after the match was something.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I still don't get the Tessa thing. why is she able to fight for the world title and not the other women? is she able to defend the world title against the women as well? or is it just the men.

She isn't even physically imposing. I get Nia Jax, Chyna, Awesome Kong but Tessa? Meh
    I've loosely followed this whole feud over the last several months and I think it's more to do with the storyline than opening up the division to all women. Maybe now it will be obviously but leading up to it, this was just part of the storyline with her and Sami. If it's a thing now, good for Impact I guess. I'm glad it was Sami she beat and not Brian Cage. Sami looks like a dude who works at Burger King full time, not a World champion wrestler.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was a hacker at one point.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the match w/ Sami was exhaustinglt tedious and I couldn't help but just keep tabs on the match rather than follow what was going on. It was all Sami beating the crap out of Tessa, who would keep fighting and keep fighting and keep fighting. Sami yelling at her to STAY DOWN! and her getting back in his face was so fucking stupid and cliche. This is ground that has been conquered already and much better elsewhere. Sami's a little guy and looks like a little fat egg... and Tessa looks like a kid standing next to him. But what makes it all so funny is that they make it seem like she's finally climbed the mountain and broken through the glass ceiling, only to see that the mountain is a stack of sandbags and the glass ceiling was plastic wrap stretched over two chairs.

I think it's nice Impact has something to get peoples' attention for a few minutes, but come on. Tessa's a cunt and this could have gone to someone that actually deserved it. The whole thing is a joke, but there's a much larger promotion out there that has an evil clown as their champion... and their belt is blue.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post

Same here, she reminds me more of Dana Brooke than Chyna. I really dont follow TNA at all anymore but I did read the reviews to see what happened more because of the whole allegations of racism and bullying but It did get me to pay a little attention to TNA for the first time in years, which is probably what they were going for. And I watched her first match with Sami Callaway and wasn’t impressed at all. Lita/Trish vs Jericho/Christian was much more entertaining and memorable to me. But whatever, I doubt 10 years from now people will remember Tessa as being a pioneer for beating a no name world champ in a company barely hanging on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to come in and be like "Do we even know if Tessa said anything that Sienna mentioned?" but then she said in her post-match "People make mistakes" and it wasn't in context of the storyline. That was the celebritypical (invented a new word) response to any time someone puts them on blast for what they said in social media or an interview.

What I don't get though is if she really did spit in a black girl's face and then call her the N word, why are we just hearing about this? You would think considering this supposedly would have happened within the last 2-3 years that said black girl would have been all over social media about it. That's just what the fuck people do. You get called something, you post about it online ESPECIALLY if it's someone with even 1 follower.

But yeah, she pretty much IMO confessed by saying that line about how everyone makes mistakes. I could be reading too deep into it but it seems normal in these scenarios.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wanted to come in and be like "Do we even know if Tessa said anything that Sienna mentioned?" but then she said in her post-match "People make mistakes" and it wasn't in context of the storyline. That was the celebritypical (invented a new word) response to any time someone puts them on blast for what they said in social media or an interview.

What I don't get though is if she really did spit in a black girl's face and then call her the N word, why are we just hearing about this? You would think considering this supposedly would have happened within the last 2-3 years that said black girl would have been all over social media about it. That's just what the fuck people do. You get called something, you post about it online ESPECIALLY if it's someone with even 1 follower.

But yeah, she pretty much IMO confessed by saying that line about how everyone makes mistakes. I could be reading too deep into it but it seems normal in these scenarios.
    I read that people didn't speak up against Tessa in fear of being blackballed by the industry. Maybe they thought because she's a 2nd generation superstar that their career would be ruined. I don't know.

Surprised no one is calling her Bully Blanchard.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I read that people didn't speak up against Tessa in fear of being blackballed by the industry. Maybe they thought because she's a 2nd generation superstar that their career would be ruined. I don't know.

Surprised no one is calling her Bully Blanchard.
    Hmm interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tessa Cunt-Tard isn't even the first woman to be World Champion of a semi-major wrestling promotion in the past 10 years.

Did we all just forget that this happened?

Also, what is it with these women achieving lofty goals like this, becoming World Champions, and then being outed as total, super cunts? Tessa kills the warthog in a bomber jacket to win a World Title in a promotion most people forget exists, and she's outed as a bully and a racist bitch.

Sexy Star achieves her World Title dreams on a channel most people only get in Spanish and shortly thereafter, tries to shoot on Rosemary in a 4-way women's match, for reasons only known to her, herself, and her shrink. And now she's essentially been blackballed from wrestling.

What the Hell, girls?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Tessa Cunt-Tard isn't even the first woman to be World Champion of a semi-major wrestling promotion in the past 10 years.

Did we all just forget that this happened?

Also, what is it with these women achieving lofty goals like this, becoming World Champions, and then being outed as total, super cunts? Tessa kills the warthog in a bomber jacket to win a World Title in a promotion most people forget exists, and she's outed as a bully and a racist bitch.

Sexy Star achieves her World Title dreams on a channel most people only get in Spanish and shortly thereafter, tries to shoot on Rosemary in a 4-way women's match, for reasons only known to her, herself, and her shrink. And now she's essentially been blackballed from wrestling.

What the Hell, girls?
    Did anyone ever recognize that LU title as a WORLD championship? I mean, most places, including PWI, haven't considered TNA/Impact's main belt as a WORLD championship in years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call the LU title a prestigious title, but it still had an impact when it happened. And they didn't really make it about Sexy being a woman, they booked it and didn't make it all about shattering glass ceilings which was cool. To bad she turned out to be a headcase though. She dislocated a woman's shoulder and then tried to make it about herself? Fuck outta here.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I wouldn't call the LU title a prestigious title, but it still had an impact when it happened. And they didn't really make it about Sexy being a woman, they booked it and didn't make it all about shattering glass ceilings which was cool. To bad she turned out to be a headcase though. She dislocated a woman's shoulder and then tried to make it about herself? Fuck outta here.
    And I'll even go further and say that of all the wrestling shows out there from day one, Lucha Underground without a doubt was never a wrestling PROMOTION. They were strictly a tv show that had outlandish shit going on all the time including people dying lol. So if companies like Impact, ROH, WWE, etc started going that above and beyond to make it a point that this shit is Science Fiction then it opens up the doors.

But wrestling is trying it's best to root itself in athletic reality. Yeah Rey Mysterio doesn't exactly help that argument lol, and because of him people will go to that guy and say "Well what about Rey beating Samoa Joe? How is that real?" And it's hard to argue lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'll even go further and say that of all the wrestling shows out there from day one, Lucha Underground without a doubt was never a wrestling PROMOTION. They were strictly a tv show that had outlandish shit going on all the time including people dying lol. So if companies like Impact, ROH, WWE, etc started going that above and beyond to make it a point that this shit is Science Fiction then it opens up the doors.

But wrestling is trying it's best to root itself in athletic reality. Yeah Rey Mysterio doesn't exactly help that argument lol, and because of him people will go to that guy and say "Well what about Rey beating Samoa Joe? How is that real?" And it's hard to argue lol.
    If WWE is a promotion (it is) then LU was definitely one too, just nowhere near in size lol. They tried doing something new and were succeeding for a time, but just ultimately dropped the ball. Big time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    By all accounts this Callihan/Tessa programme has been one of the better things Impact has put together in years and that hype package I posted a few days back might be the best wrestling video package I've seen since "Monster" so I thought I'd check this show out. I also love Ken Shamrock so was keen to see him back involved in wrestling. Have to say, found it hard to get into many of the matches even if most were pretty solid. Callis was decent on comms but something about Josh Matthews turns me off a bit. Shamrock's still in crazy shape for a guy pushing 60 but his match with Fulton wasn't much really. Fulton looked green when he was in NXT and that still seems to be the case. The tag title match was enjoyable. I've always liked Willie Mack. As for the main event it was a hell of a match to be fair but with the stuff that's come out on Twitter was hard to get behind Tessa as the history-making underdog babyface to Sami's vile heel. Good match though. I thought I'd give it a go because I've been reading so many good things about Impact over the last year but I think they're still behind NXT, New Japan, AEW, NWA and MLW in my priorities list.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If WWE is a promotion (it is) then LU was definitely one too, just nowhere near in size lol. They tried doing something new and were succeeding for a time, but just ultimately dropped the ball. Big time.
    Respectfully disagree. The biggest reason: LU never traveled. They literally filmed and wrestled in a studio from day one to whatever day they died.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respectfully disagree. The biggest reason: LU never traveled. They literally filmed and wrestled in a studio from day one to whatever day they died.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.
    Definitely one of its biggest mistakes. Spot on.

It did run one outdoor event produced by Criket Wireless (who now runs w/ WWE) and it was an absolute disaster. It was outside, in the sun, nobody could understand what was going on, and it just looked like a backyard event.

If they had planned things out and run house shows in CA, thy would have made a killing and turned more heads. Instead, they stuck w/ a show that nobody could watch because who the hell knows what El Rey is? And who's going to give a damn when you finally air matches that happened a year and a half ago?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did run one outdoor event produced by Criket Wireless (who now runs w/ WWE) and it was an absolute disaster. It was outside, in the sun, nobody could understand what was going on, and it just looked like a backyard event.

If they had planned things out and run house shows in CA, thy would have made a killing and turned more heads. Instead, they stuck w/ a show that nobody could watch because who the hell knows what El Rey is? And who's going to give a damn when you finally air matches that happened a year and a half ago?
    I agree with all of this. It was definitely a cool show I was into it but I only saw the first season and by the time I got to the 2nd season Netflix took it off. My son did almost buy a 2020 Calendar of LU because it had Ultimo Dragon on it lol. Why he was on it idk but it was dope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucha Underground missed a damn trick by not touring and running some shows in Texas. Big state for wrestling in general and a big Mexican and Mexican-American population. They'd have drawn big down there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Lucha Underground missed a damn trick by not touring and running some shows in Texas. Big state for wrestling in general and a big Mexican and Mexican-American population. They'd have drawn big down there.
    Texas, New York, Chicago, Bay Area... they would have killed it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Killadelphia

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sacrifice AEW for more Lucha Underground. I'd sacrifice it for a good sandwich, but would prefer more Lucha Underground. To me it was the best show since the death of ECW and yet Impact is still around. Sigh...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luchasaurus and Kanyon are the same size.

That's crazy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tessa Blanchard has been released from Impact and stripped of the title.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...title-stripped

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What another massive bridge burned. She's 24 and she's caused so much havoc amongst so many people for multiple companies.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So it was to do with not sending in a promo that nailed it? Seems odd given they ignored the allegations and put the strap on her anyway.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also sounds like they were't even sure she'd show up to Slammiversary to drop the title and just wanted to be done with her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heath Slater on an exercise bike for 5 seconds!

I'll definitely be tuning into Slammiversary now!

/s

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's official. Good Bros. have signed.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...43185284780037

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It's official. Good Bros. have signed.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...43185284780037
    Bad idea.

They could have been major stars in AEW. They're going to wasted here.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing them, it sounds like their sense of regret about not buying in on AEW when they were negotiating really, legitimately sticks in their craw. Their reasoning for the apprehension towards jumping to AEW was certainly reasonable but they absolutely come across as remorseful for not believing in the leaders of AEW. Sounds like there's still some soreness in terms of the connection between Gallows/Anderson and some of the management in AEW due to them deciding not to sign with AEW at that point in time. They did specify things are good with them and The Bucks but the rest of management seems sketchy.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 18th, 2020 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallows has chanced a living for 15 years. Karl Anderson is pretty good though.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    gallows peaked as festus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be watching Impact live for the first time in over 2 years.

Gallows & Anderson are the only reason why. The surprises..eh, I could catch up later.

The Machine Gun!!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    yeah, im actually interested in seeing this myself. half the names on the card i've never seen before.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    damn no plants in the crowd or anything?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this should would have been pretty damn good if there was a small crowd there..

I ended up rooting for Jordynne Grace and Ace Austin by the end of it. It's obvious where they are going, but they shoulda just put the World Belt on Karl Anderson today.

My dream of Karl, Luke, and the MCMG all being in Bullet Club are closing than ever.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Hearing them, it sounds like their sense of regret about not buying in on AEW when they were negotiating really, legitimately sticks in their craw. Their reasoning for the apprehension towards jumping to AEW was certainly reasonable but they absolutely come across as remorseful for not believing in the leaders of AEW. Sounds like there's still some soreness in terms of the connection between Gallows/Anderson and some of the management in AEW due to them deciding not to sign with AEW at that point in time. They did specify things are good with them and The Bucks but the rest of management seems sketchy.
    I think it could be good in the long term. AEW's tag division is pretty stacked. Adding Gallows and Anderson to the mix is almost too much right now. In the future, when they've gone through every conceivable combination, bringing in the Good Bros. would shake things up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I think it could be good in the long term. AEW's tag division is pretty stacked. Adding Gallows and Anderson to the mix is almost too much right now. In the future, when they've gone through every conceivable combination, bringing in the Good Bros. would shake things up.
    It wasn't as stacked when AEW originally started, which is when they were slated to come on board. Based on what Anderson outlined, they were going to be a big deal right out of the gate. As for the future scenario, it sounds like some fences need to be mended for that because simple deduction indicates that they weren't given an offer from AEW this time around when they were free agents.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s some good flippy flop spot action but in reality there’s not much depth and it’s all about who of FTR or Bucks will challenge or beat Hangman/Omega.

Putting their eggs in one basket but hey pleases Meltzer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Eddie Edwards the most over pushed act in wrestling history? Triple crown in both the #2 and #3 US promotions pre-AEW and the only gaijin to win the GHC Heavyweight title for a guy who has a dull look for indy wrestling in the 00's, not a whole lot of charisma, and doesn't stand out in-ring in the modern era. A good hand. Guessing he's a consummate professional, but from an outsiders perspective it's like Chad Collyer stayed around and got a rocket strapped to him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did anyone watch Slammiversary?

I haven't watched TNA in probably 10 years so I watched a couple of episodes of impact to get an idea of how the product is now first and it helped.

I ended up feeling underwhelmed with all of the surprises teased though.

I wonder if Miro would have shown up if he didn't have covid or if he's going to AEW.

Eric Young was cool to see but I think he looks better with a beard. I've never been a big Rich Swann fan but he does a nice cutter.

Good Brothers just saving Eddie Edwards seemed weird. I would rather they either accepted the open challenge from The Rascals or called out The North for a title match.

I think Ace Austin is going to be big. I feel like he has a ton of charisma and is someone to watch.

I would have liked to see EC3 actually do something but I guess now I have to watch impact to see what happens next.

Moose is good but I don't care to ever see Tommy Dreamer wrestle.

Jordynne Grace vs Deonna Purazzo was really good. Probably the match of the night and had great psychology with Deonna constantly attacking the arm of Jordynne.

The knockout gauntlet match was pretty boring but I'm happy Kylie won.

Chris Bey vs Willie Mack was good. I see why Cody wanted to sign Bey before. It's nice to see title changes on a ppv.

The North is great, I love Ethan Page. I know FTR mentioned wanting a match with them and I'd love to see it. I'm not big on 2 guys thrown together for a tag team so I'm glad Shamrock and Callihan didn't win.

The Motor City Machine Guns showing up and apparently joining impact wrestling was by far my favorite part of the night. They were always my favorite TNA tag team.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing the mcm back together only makes me realise no more time splitters in nxt

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone catch Turning Point?

I saw that Gallows and Anderson won the tag-team titles. On paper it looked like a decent show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God for Pluto TV because they will randomly show episodes from the last couple years of Impact that I never got to see. I'll be honest, haven't seen much of Impact since they left Spike but always try to follow what's going on in a very casual way. They'll also show those random "Joker's Wild" ppvs they had over the years and some were the more recent ones so I got to see more of Eli Drake, Death Crew Council, etc. I get to see more of the Beat Down Clan, the early Broken Hardy stuff on the actual shows.

The only real negative is that there has been a stretch where they would constantly show the same 2-3 ppvs. Usually Genesis 2005 and 2009 (why did Sting v. Rhyno happen? LOL). Not to mention they have the Asylum shows that they'll sprinkle in.

I believe 100% that a big part of why I'm not a big fan of Impact is because I don't seek it out and it hasn't been on a channel I've had since Spike. They did start doing shit that I wasn't a fan of and it was hard to keep track of WWE, TNA, plus the UFC and MMA has been a huge part of my life for so long. So yeah, props to Pluto TV for keeping me somewhat in the loop even if the most recent shit I've seen is from January 2019 on there lol.

Side note: They do show ROH from time to time and MLW. Those were usually like a week behind which is crazy compared to every other show they have on this beautiful app.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So AEW v. Impact...........

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I listened to Don Callis give an in character interview with Chris Van Vleet before Hard to Kill and he mentioned the words "paradigm shift" so I got really hopeful Moxley would show up at the ppv and cost Kenny and the Good Brothers the match. I was disappointed when I read the results and that didn't happen.

I love seeing the Good Brothers in AEW though. That's been the best thing about this whole partnership.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean....What can you say about this shit so far? Was this seriously just a brief partnership to get Gallows and Anderson on AEW tv for a minute? Weird. If this was a one-off there was only one thing accomplished-they just proved Impact is weak as fuck. Your World champion took the W, clean. The build was nothing but the Bullet Club beating ass on 2 shows.

If there is more than meets the eye, then I can look back on this moment of feeling like we just saw one company totally fuck another. We'll see.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm not 100% where they go from here, but I've been getting the vibe Swann is a transitional champion anyway. That said, it's not impossible that they end up going the route of giving Omega the belt, and then maybe having him drop it to someone like Moose after? I dunno, but I'll tell you that if it turns out this was just them poaching Gallows and Anderson and burying Impact, then I might be more convinced about your FTR argument

As an aside, I did end up catching the second half of this PPV, and pretty much everything but the Karate Man segment was dope. The fake crowd noise helped a lot. I was really into the X Division and Knockouts Title matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Yeah, I'm not 100% where they go from here, but I've been getting the vibe Swann is a transitional champion anyway. That said, it's not impossible that they end up going the route of giving Omega the belt, and then maybe having him drop it to someone like Moose after? I dunno, but I'll tell you that if it turns out this was just them poaching Gallows and Anderson and burying Impact, then I might be more convinced about your FTR argument

As an aside, I did end up catching the second half of this PPV, and pretty much everything but the Karate Man segment was dope. The fake crowd noise helped a lot. I was really into the X Division and Knockouts Title matches.
    People act like Vince McMahon is the only ruthless businessman on the entire planet. I would imagine Khan's family didn't maintain and grow their wealth by catering in Buffalo Wild Wings or whatever Trump Jericho was bragging about lol.

Khan is younger than me so it wouldn't shock me if he took notes from the Invasion angle in the sense that WCW were never booked as a threat until Austin joined. RVD got a little love here and there but that was it. So maybe Moxley will join the Impact side lol.

I'm not negative toward the relationship or feud as much as I'm just not convinced this was anything more than a way to backdoor Gallows & Anderson on AEW tv. I'm not even sure I fully 100% understand what this storyline is even supposed to be about.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Matt Hardy and Private Party!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Impact wrestling wrestlers can't talk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Sabin is one of my favorite wrestlers of the 2000's but holy god damn he might be the worst promo in any major company. Brutal. And somehow he looks more like a teenager the older he gets

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So with the whole AEW/Impact together stuff thought I’d check out Impact again. Watched the 2 befits Hard to Kill and just finished the ppv.

One bonus D’LO EFFIN BROWN on commentary & Matt Cardona won me over already. I obviously know a few dudes there already but damn Dreamer and Rhino still going fair play to them, nice to see EY doing okay. Barbed wire match was good enough to watch. Main event 6 man was I enjoyed, all men did their stuff. I love the over the top never star entrances for Kenny, what a guy.

What happened to Alex Shelley in the 6 man, did I miss something? Covid?

Anyways looks like I’ll be turning into this weeks Impact. It’s on Fridays here in UK, when’s it on in the states?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Psst it's on Wednesday evenings on freesports.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh is it haha. I just searched on my sky and it said Fridays channel 5

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah I don't really get their tv deal tbh on first on Wednesday on freesports, Thursdays on box nation and then late Fri, early sat on 5 star.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can watch it when it's airing on Twitch.
    https://twitch.tv/impactwrestling

You can also go to past broadcasts and videos and watch it whenever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Yeah I don't really get their tv deal tbh on first on Wednesday on freesports, Thursdays on box nation and then late Fri, early sat on 5 star.
    So FreeSports is the first showing of Impact? I was going to tune in last week - and I THINK it said it was the last Impact before Hard To Kill - but then I saw that HTK was on Premier Sports 2 which you have to pay extra for so I didn't bother.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah the day after, Hard to kill was a ppv and not a fight special mind.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Wish I had the time because I watched the Impact where Kenny was first on and I think one or two episodes either side of that and it's not a bad show. Nothing especially stood out to me either though.

I randomly watched Victory Road 2010 last night. Match of the night was MCMG and Beer Money, not surprisingly.

Russo wasn't around then, was he? I thought of him when I saw some of the finishes. Some shitty overbooking, but not a bad show overall. Of course I know Russo wasn't there at the time because Hogan and Bischoff were.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PlutoTV had Hard Justice 2006 on last night so I watched the triple threat between Samoa Joe, Monty Brown, and Rhino. It's a damn shame that TNA couldn't get to that next level, losing the Spike deal the way they did (they were already going to be off Spike due to their love for MMA over wrestling) really fucked them. If 1.5 is considered great in 2021, they were already ahead of the pack lol.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pluto tv good for reminders of what impact use to have.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Pluto tv good for reminders of what impact use to have.
    Yep. Shit they even have stuff from 2019 which I haven't really seen much of this company since they left Spike but I definitely didn't watch very much from say the time The Wolves split until now. I just catch as much as I can or if something interests me I'll seek it out on Youtube. So I never got to see much of Brian Cage, John Morrison, Killer Kross, the fact Eddie Edwards is now a deathmatch wrestler is still blowing my mind. This must have been what it was like when Terry Funk started doing exploding ring barbed wire deathmatches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Impact going in right away with the Myers/Cardona feud?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Decay got a Minotaur.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems like some shit @mth would like

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad to see Mantaur making his return to pro wrestling. Looks to be in good shape for a 52 year old. Better mask too this time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    seems like some shit @mth would like
    Goddamn reputation...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet still not a fan of The Fiend.

I will say this....A lot of wrestling fans today would have loved the down period of WCW and WWF in the 90's. It's almost the same type of fanbase.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, I don't hate The Fiend, either.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin a I missed impact last night. Think someone was watching Role Models before this show.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that don't know, Black Taurus is a AAA talent.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unlocking and towing cars with the mask seems like a hassle

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    For those that don't know, Black Taurus is a AAA talent.
    Didn't know that. Cool. Fix my tire motherfucker.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wanted to be named after a car you'd think he'd pick something better than a fucking Taurus. If you still drive a Taurus, especially the 90's models, you probably are on meth lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Googled the dude and I'm just curious how he wrestles with that big honkin' mask with horns 'n' shit. Just seems like there's so many moves that would risk ripping that thing right off. Or is he a guy that doesn't really wrestle/bump and just clobbers folks?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I've seen wilder headpieces for Luchadores in AAA than this so I bet he's a master. It's not too big like Mantaur where it would be impossible. I just wonder how many more suicide dives he botches because you can't be a luchadore without dives.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dude is basically El Torito without the WWE Wellness. Like when Jimmy from South Park started roiding lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I Googled the dude and I'm just curious how he wrestles with that big honkin' mask with horns 'n' shit. Just seems like there's so many moves that would risk ripping that thing right off. Or is he a guy that doesn't really wrestle/bump and just clobbers folks?
    Luchasaurus didn't have trouble when he wrestled as Vibora in Lucha Underground and his mask was way bigger than it is now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The horns are soft at least. Here's a video of him wrestling Darby in PWG

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, Minotaur can go. Not what I expected. I fucking loved the minotaur as a kid so I have to admit my inner child is kind of digging it...

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wanted to be named after a car you'd think he'd pick something better than a fucking Taurus. If you still drive a Taurus, especially the 90's models, you probably are on meth lol.
    At least he isn't named Prius. Though it would be advantageous going to a charging station midway through his match to come back and fuck somebody up.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Taurus is awesome. I popped when he came out with the Decay

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read that as pooped. Same feeling I suppose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I checked out No Surrender because it's been a while since I've seen any Impact and they've had some good press lately.

It was ok. First thing's first, Matt Striker is still really annoying. Lots of silly references and cringeworthy comments. I think it kind of hurts the product to be honest. D'Lo's alright.

Highlight was easily the x-division 'revolver' match and in particular Josh Alexander who looked the business. Good showings from Trey Miguel and Chris Bey. Was surprised to see the elder Daivari come out as I didn't know he still worked for Impact but he didn't stick around long. But anyway Alexander looked really great.

Black Taurus is cool.

Plenty of stuff that was fine but quite forgettable. Lots of people I didn't care much for before and still don't. Ryder, Hawkins, TJP, Sabin, Private Party...

Really didn't believe for a second that Tommy Dreamer was going to pull off the upset but he gave it everything and they had a pretty fun match. Then Moose came out to attack and looked like a real star which made me wonder why he wasn't on the show in the first place...

They also announced that David Finlay and Juice Robinson would be coming to Impact

FINE.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 15th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What a great fucking show last night.

- X division six man tag was sick
    - Myers/edwards/Hernandez angle progresses. Between the Smart Mark video and the backstage with Scott d’amore, this was all great
    - MOOSE IS THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION MOTHERFUCKERS
    - GB getting shit talked by FinJuice
    - Moose vs Jake Something was a big boy bash
    - TK paid ads get more and more ridiculous every week

I love this program so much haha

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The finish to Moose vs Rich Swann was one of the worst finishes I've ever seen, from Moose' perspective.

He misses three spears in a row, hitting the turbuckles and then on the 4th attempt he gets rolled up.

Was he blinded? Was he concussed? Nope, just a fucking moron.