Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 758182838485
Results 8,401 to 8,434 of 8434

Thread: The Impact Wrestling Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVD as a heel?

IMPACT is losing their grip on reality. No one will ever boo RVD.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    RVD as a heel?

IMPACT is losing their grip on reality. No one will ever boo RVD.
    RVD is one of my all time favorites but there's something odd about him these days lol. I never really pictured RVD as one of those dudes that would linger around. And I agree, who is going to boo RVD? I mean, his relationship with Katie Forbes is strange lol but he's living the dream for a lot of men hahaha.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Barely kept tabs on Impact for a long time now but I've seen a lot of people raving about this video hype package that aired last night for Callihan/Blanchard:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...27719797305345

Wow. Fair play. That was fantastic. Great to hear from Magnum TA too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first Impact ppv in forever... does the crowd always sound like they're waiting for the show to end?

edit: And they missed the freaking pin lol. This shit is whack.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main event and Tessa has zero reaction from the crowd.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exhausting. It feels like an hour of YOU CAN DO IT TESSA!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Impact is trash.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    With Tessa being in the news negatively, I'm surprised they had her win.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably why they had her win. Carni values big and strong.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're drawing CHIKARA level crowds you're able to do CHIKARA level things. I was more concerned with whatever the fuck RVD is doing these days than anything else. Seriously what strain is he smoking? Lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't get the Tessa thing. why is she able to fight for the world title and not the other women? is she able to defend the world title against the women as well? or is it just the men.

She isn't even physically imposing. I get Nia Jax, Chyna, Awesome Kong but Tessa? Meh

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I'm sure she'll drop it fairly quickly.

Wayne Rooneys Derby Slutty Macwhoreface's Avatar
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Her vague non apology, woe is me speech after the match was something.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I still don't get the Tessa thing. why is she able to fight for the world title and not the other women? is she able to defend the world title against the women as well? or is it just the men.

She isn't even physically imposing. I get Nia Jax, Chyna, Awesome Kong but Tessa? Meh
    I've loosely followed this whole feud over the last several months and I think it's more to do with the storyline than opening up the division to all women. Maybe now it will be obviously but leading up to it, this was just part of the storyline with her and Sami. If it's a thing now, good for Impact I guess. I'm glad it was Sami she beat and not Brian Cage. Sami looks like a dude who works at Burger King full time, not a World champion wrestler.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    He was a hacker at one point.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the match w/ Sami was exhaustinglt tedious and I couldn't help but just keep tabs on the match rather than follow what was going on. It was all Sami beating the crap out of Tessa, who would keep fighting and keep fighting and keep fighting. Sami yelling at her to STAY DOWN! and her getting back in his face was so fucking stupid and cliche. This is ground that has been conquered already and much better elsewhere. Sami's a little guy and looks like a little fat egg... and Tessa looks like a kid standing next to him. But what makes it all so funny is that they make it seem like she's finally climbed the mountain and broken through the glass ceiling, only to see that the mountain is a stack of sandbags and the glass ceiling was plastic wrap stretched over two chairs.

I think it's nice Impact has something to get peoples' attention for a few minutes, but come on. Tessa's a cunt and this could have gone to someone that actually deserved it. The whole thing is a joke, but there's a much larger promotion out there that has an evil clown as their champion... and their belt is blue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post

Same here, she reminds me more of Dana Brooke than Chyna. I really dont follow TNA at all anymore but I did read the reviews to see what happened more because of the whole allegations of racism and bullying but It did get me to pay a little attention to TNA for the first time in years, which is probably what they were going for. And I watched her first match with Sami Callaway and wasn’t impressed at all. Lita/Trish vs Jericho/Christian was much more entertaining and memorable to me. But whatever, I doubt 10 years from now people will remember Tessa as being a pioneer for beating a no name world champ in a company barely hanging on.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to come in and be like "Do we even know if Tessa said anything that Sienna mentioned?" but then she said in her post-match "People make mistakes" and it wasn't in context of the storyline. That was the celebritypical (invented a new word) response to any time someone puts them on blast for what they said in social media or an interview.

What I don't get though is if she really did spit in a black girl's face and then call her the N word, why are we just hearing about this? You would think considering this supposedly would have happened within the last 2-3 years that said black girl would have been all over social media about it. That's just what the fuck people do. You get called something, you post about it online ESPECIALLY if it's someone with even 1 follower.

But yeah, she pretty much IMO confessed by saying that line about how everyone makes mistakes. I could be reading too deep into it but it seems normal in these scenarios.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wanted to come in and be like "Do we even know if Tessa said anything that Sienna mentioned?" but then she said in her post-match "People make mistakes" and it wasn't in context of the storyline. That was the celebritypical (invented a new word) response to any time someone puts them on blast for what they said in social media or an interview.

What I don't get though is if she really did spit in a black girl's face and then call her the N word, why are we just hearing about this? You would think considering this supposedly would have happened within the last 2-3 years that said black girl would have been all over social media about it. That's just what the fuck people do. You get called something, you post about it online ESPECIALLY if it's someone with even 1 follower.

But yeah, she pretty much IMO confessed by saying that line about how everyone makes mistakes. I could be reading too deep into it but it seems normal in these scenarios.
    I read that people didn't speak up against Tessa in fear of being blackballed by the industry. Maybe they thought because she's a 2nd generation superstar that their career would be ruined. I don't know.

Surprised no one is calling her Bully Blanchard.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I read that people didn't speak up against Tessa in fear of being blackballed by the industry. Maybe they thought because she's a 2nd generation superstar that their career would be ruined. I don't know.

Surprised no one is calling her Bully Blanchard.
    Hmm interesting.

I Shall Return... Spudz Mackenzie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tessa Cunt-Tard isn't even the first woman to be World Champion of a semi-major wrestling promotion in the past 10 years.

Did we all just forget that this happened?

Also, what is it with these women achieving lofty goals like this, becoming World Champions, and then being outed as total, super cunts? Tessa kills the warthog in a bomber jacket to win a World Title in a promotion most people forget exists, and she's outed as a bully and a racist bitch.

Sexy Star achieves her World Title dreams on a channel most people only get in Spanish and shortly thereafter, tries to shoot on Rosemary in a 4-way women's match, for reasons only known to her, herself, and her shrink. And now she's essentially been blackballed from wrestling.

What the Hell, girls?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Tessa Cunt-Tard isn't even the first woman to be World Champion of a semi-major wrestling promotion in the past 10 years.

Did we all just forget that this happened?

Also, what is it with these women achieving lofty goals like this, becoming World Champions, and then being outed as total, super cunts? Tessa kills the warthog in a bomber jacket to win a World Title in a promotion most people forget exists, and she's outed as a bully and a racist bitch.

Sexy Star achieves her World Title dreams on a channel most people only get in Spanish and shortly thereafter, tries to shoot on Rosemary in a 4-way women's match, for reasons only known to her, herself, and her shrink. And now she's essentially been blackballed from wrestling.

What the Hell, girls?
    Did anyone ever recognize that LU title as a WORLD championship? I mean, most places, including PWI, haven't considered TNA/Impact's main belt as a WORLD championship in years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call the LU title a prestigious title, but it still had an impact when it happened. And they didn't really make it about Sexy being a woman, they booked it and didn't make it all about shattering glass ceilings which was cool. To bad she turned out to be a headcase though. She dislocated a woman's shoulder and then tried to make it about herself? Fuck outta here.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I wouldn't call the LU title a prestigious title, but it still had an impact when it happened. And they didn't really make it about Sexy being a woman, they booked it and didn't make it all about shattering glass ceilings which was cool. To bad she turned out to be a headcase though. She dislocated a woman's shoulder and then tried to make it about herself? Fuck outta here.
    And I'll even go further and say that of all the wrestling shows out there from day one, Lucha Underground without a doubt was never a wrestling PROMOTION. They were strictly a tv show that had outlandish shit going on all the time including people dying lol. So if companies like Impact, ROH, WWE, etc started going that above and beyond to make it a point that this shit is Science Fiction then it opens up the doors.

But wrestling is trying it's best to root itself in athletic reality. Yeah Rey Mysterio doesn't exactly help that argument lol, and because of him people will go to that guy and say "Well what about Rey beating Samoa Joe? How is that real?" And it's hard to argue lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'll even go further and say that of all the wrestling shows out there from day one, Lucha Underground without a doubt was never a wrestling PROMOTION. They were strictly a tv show that had outlandish shit going on all the time including people dying lol. So if companies like Impact, ROH, WWE, etc started going that above and beyond to make it a point that this shit is Science Fiction then it opens up the doors.

But wrestling is trying it's best to root itself in athletic reality. Yeah Rey Mysterio doesn't exactly help that argument lol, and because of him people will go to that guy and say "Well what about Rey beating Samoa Joe? How is that real?" And it's hard to argue lol.
    If WWE is a promotion (it is) then LU was definitely one too, just nowhere near in size lol. They tried doing something new and were succeeding for a time, but just ultimately dropped the ball. Big time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    By all accounts this Callihan/Tessa programme has been one of the better things Impact has put together in years and that hype package I posted a few days back might be the best wrestling video package I've seen since "Monster" so I thought I'd check this show out. I also love Ken Shamrock so was keen to see him back involved in wrestling. Have to say, found it hard to get into many of the matches even if most were pretty solid. Callis was decent on comms but something about Josh Matthews turns me off a bit. Shamrock's still in crazy shape for a guy pushing 60 but his match with Fulton wasn't much really. Fulton looked green when he was in NXT and that still seems to be the case. The tag title match was enjoyable. I've always liked Willie Mack. As for the main event it was a hell of a match to be fair but with the stuff that's come out on Twitter was hard to get behind Tessa as the history-making underdog babyface to Sami's vile heel. Good match though. I thought I'd give it a go because I've been reading so many good things about Impact over the last year but I think they're still behind NXT, New Japan, AEW, NWA and MLW in my priorities list.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If WWE is a promotion (it is) then LU was definitely one too, just nowhere near in size lol. They tried doing something new and were succeeding for a time, but just ultimately dropped the ball. Big time.
    Respectfully disagree. The biggest reason: LU never traveled. They literally filmed and wrestled in a studio from day one to whatever day they died.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respectfully disagree. The biggest reason: LU never traveled. They literally filmed and wrestled in a studio from day one to whatever day they died.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs.
    Definitely one of its biggest mistakes. Spot on.

It did run one outdoor event produced by Criket Wireless (who now runs w/ WWE) and it was an absolute disaster. It was outside, in the sun, nobody could understand what was going on, and it just looked like a backyard event.

If they had planned things out and run house shows in CA, thy would have made a killing and turned more heads. Instead, they stuck w/ a show that nobody could watch because who the hell knows what El Rey is? And who's going to give a damn when you finally air matches that happened a year and a half ago?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did run one outdoor event produced by Criket Wireless (who now runs w/ WWE) and it was an absolute disaster. It was outside, in the sun, nobody could understand what was going on, and it just looked like a backyard event.

If they had planned things out and run house shows in CA, thy would have made a killing and turned more heads. Instead, they stuck w/ a show that nobody could watch because who the hell knows what El Rey is? And who's going to give a damn when you finally air matches that happened a year and a half ago?
    I agree with all of this. It was definitely a cool show I was into it but I only saw the first season and by the time I got to the 2nd season Netflix took it off. My son did almost buy a 2020 Calendar of LU because it had Ultimo Dragon on it lol. Why he was on it idk but it was dope.

I Shall Return... Spudz Mackenzie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucha Underground missed a damn trick by not touring and running some shows in Texas. Big state for wrestling in general and a big Mexican and Mexican-American population. They'd have drawn big down there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Lucha Underground missed a damn trick by not touring and running some shows in Texas. Big state for wrestling in general and a big Mexican and Mexican-American population. They'd have drawn big down there.
    Texas, New York, Chicago, Bay Area... they would have killed it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Killadelphia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sacrifice AEW for more Lucha Underground. I'd sacrifice it for a good sandwich, but would prefer more Lucha Underground. To me it was the best show since the death of ECW and yet Impact is still around. Sigh...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luchasaurus and Kanyon are the same size.

That's crazy