User Tag List

Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impact Wrestling Thread

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on TNA the last 2+ months: Why on earth did they take the belt off A Double?

Not to mention A&8's really gotten stale since the Devon reveal.

Bound for Glory was as excited as I've been for TNA. They just really seemed to have gone downhill quick since then.

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda shamed to admit this, but the Bro-Off had me laughing out loud the whole way through. So rare I actually laugh out loud watching something by myself.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BIG ROB TERRY! strikes again. Been a while since I could say that.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    going to the house show in nottingham in a few weeks, regardless of the state of the product,the matches at house shows are usually good,plus theres going to be a cage match,hopefully which includes jeff hardy trying a swanton from the top of the cage and breaking his back

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why dont they have one in Derby?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    going to the house show in nottingham in a few weeks, regardless of the state of the product,the matches at house shows are usually good,plus theres going to be a cage match,hopefully which includes jeff hardy trying a swanton from the top of the cage and breaking his back
    Missed this, where is it I might see if I can get tickets for me and the boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seems amazing that A&8's have now been on TV for 7 months now and the big reveals have been Devon and Luke Gallows. Talk about underwhelming.

I'm all for a slow developing angle, but they're really just killing this thing now. Not only that, but they're already getting jobbed out. Made the look the group as a whole look terrible losing to Angle/Joe + 2 development guys in Bischoff/Brisco.

Thought this thing had a ton of potential, but the Shields had more Impact (no pun intended) in a month and a half than this group has had its whole existence. And a big part of it is they've put new fresh faces in it. (Not a retread like Gallows).
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; January 1st, 2013 at 7:52 PM.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Missed this, where is it I might see if I can get tickets for me and the boy.
    It will be at Nottingham Arena. The same place Carl Froch knocks people out.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    £80 a head for the Platinum looks reasonable, what's the area like?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is belated, but I'm doing it anyway.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give that man the strap.

Honestly, he's shaping up to be TNA's Mark Henry. He's gonna be around for so long (or as long as they last) when all of a sudden I hope he puts it altogether and becomes a beast of a World Champion

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will shout from the rooftops forever that he was really starting to get it big time when TNA buried him out of nowhere.

The dude has potential through the roof.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    MIKE KNOX!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Why dont they have one in Derby?
    you really are becoming lazy in your trolling arent you?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Although,the first house show i ever went to in Shottingham back in 03, a drunken fan rushed the ring during a booker t vs christian match,pretty typical behaviour for someone in such a decrepid,backwards,pathetic city,still if your proud to live in such a sespool then good on you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was Eric Young when mask came off.

I think they've really failed terribly over the last couple months with A&8's. They're coming off as jobbers so the whole "Sting Returns" was just so anti-climatic because he's seeking revenge on a group of guys getting beat regularly anyway. When Sting came down at end, it was like "Ok Sting's here....whatever". Felt like he was beating up that awful watered down NWO version near the end filled with jobbers.

I think A&8's had as much potential as anything the company's ever done, but it seems like they haven't won in months and the 3 reveals are 3 rather bland guys WWE dumped. Doc/Gallows has a long ways to go on the mic.

Digging Morgan's beard. He may never be a consistent top guy, but I like what they're doing with him. Seems like a smart guy, but in the past he really really needed work on the delivery of his promos (monotone voice that'd drag on and on). Like the temporary pairing of him and Joey.

Interested to see Roode/A Double/Hardy if for no other reason to see if Hardy's going to stay in TNA long term. I think he does given they promote his music and he has more down time.
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; January 4th, 2013 at 4:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm liking the A&8 skits. Anderson would be a cool fit, actually, and I do like Doc. Brisc and Bisch should reveal soon, too.

But then, higher leadership should be targeted and that reveal needs to matter.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched DOC's promo from last night, and it's in the running for worst promo of the year. Good lord.

Why did TNA think a stable built around failed WWE midcarders was a good idea?

Every town has an Elm St. LarryLuv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have no problem is Aces & 8's was just a faction (albeit large faction) of bikers, led by Devon and D'Lo (who always stays under a mask) and you had some big rugged ex WWE guys in the mix as faces with a bunch of other masked bikers that rotate in and out. Just as a faction...its a fine idea...I don't have a problem with it.

BUT...its just not a faction, its supposed to be yet another group that attempts to corrupt TNA...they are running misdirection plays to get guys (Brisco and Garrett Bischoff for sure) to "infiltrate" TNA's locker room...you know there is a "higher power" (probably Eric Bischoff) lurking...now they are trying to "turn" unused TNA talent (Anderson...Bully Ray will probably turn at some point)...All of the "reveals" are lame because they are WWE talents that haven't been on TV in some cases, YEARS (Mike Knox and the eventual reveal of Cliff Compton for example). Its some big ridiculous storyline when, just a group of rebel bikers would have been good enough, and its been going on for like...7 months now.

At this point...the storyline sucks.
    Last edited by LarryLuv; January 4th, 2013 at 5:33 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aces and Eights is basically an angle with a lot of potential and interesting ideas on paper.....increasingly executed in the most horrendous fashion. It feels like it's been going on for years now. There was a period last year when TNA were really cooking, and it's sad to see all that momentum evaporate. It's kind of expected for WWE to go on cruise control at certain times each year. With TNA, we seem to get more extremes - they really suck you in by putting on a good product for a while and then for one reason or another it just goes to shit.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The A&8's angle had me interested in TNA a few months back, I was eager to check out their show results and see what might be happening with it but I can only echo the sentiments already expressed...even as a Knox fan, I don't give a hoot. They've botched this thing something bad.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal opinion, Aces & 8s have almost jumped the shark. To play a little devil's advocate and have some blind optimism, DOC... Mike Knox... the assumed duo of Garrett/Brisco... they're all assumed low in the ranks. Devon seems to be closest to a leader that's been revealed and that was a legitimate swerve. Whoever is behind the group better be big. I mean, secret WWE guy jumping ship big. Bat shit insane idea like bringing back Don West big. And also, logically big. Hell, if Anderson came around & said he was the leader, I'd take it; plenty of ways to book around that.

Why I think this will ultimately fail is a variety of reasons & missed opportunities. What happened to the 1st guy who was gonna snitch on them and impaled him with the hammer? Why MUST they hide behind masks and the significance of it? Is the end game gonna change? What is their end game? This list builds every week I feel

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Why did TNA think a stable built around failed WWE midcarders was a good idea?
    To be fair... Christian was a failed WWE midcarder when he came there... and he simultaneously made himself, and the company, both bigger deals... and he was better off for it. Just being fair, however I'm in no way defending their decision to build a stable around FESTUS AND REVEREND DEVON, mind you.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian was a hugely successful midcarder. He was a failed main eventer, sure, but he asked for his release so he could leave and make himself more valuable. Mike Knox and Luke Gallows got fired for being interchangable, expendable snoozefactories.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been alright having all the mid carders should they have assigned them a reputable leader and quickened up the reveals. Now its a t the point that when they do the reveal they get no reaction because no one is going to give a shot if Mike Knox is in the group, especially after nearly a year of build up for it.

The angle has been spread too long and they have done nothing to keep it fresh, they still have no reasons why they are there and hiding their faces, it just seems like they have flung a group together made them bikers and hoped for the best. I'm still guessing they will just end up bringing Jarrett back in as the leader simply because I don't think they can get anyone bigger in to lead the group.

I mean who's out there. Batista is the biggest free agent and I don't look at that as a possible scenario in their present state and I can't think of any other free agents who would cause any sort of fuss. The best thing that could happen to them is that Orton got fired from WWE and they could draft him in as the leader (should they not have had the reveal by then) but even that is ridiculously optimistic in several different ways.

Its a shame because TNA we're on a quality run and they have completely lost the plot and need to press the reset button once again. They should have revealed the whole lot at BFG apart from the leader and let that drag out for the next few months, it would have kept it fresh enough and they could have put focus on how and what each member brings to the table instead of having a load of practically anonymous former WWE mid-carders that won't draw a reaction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're gonna turn Brisco and Garret they should've done it sooner. I thought it'd happen the first time they were at ringside with Joe and Angle, then when it was a 4-on-4 at the following PPV or whatever... and now what? Have Brisco and Garret actually put a thumpin' on the Aces guys? I hate when shit like that drags out cuz it takes away the believability. Running down and "scaring" away the guys you're secretly with is one thing to build some trust and then BAM turn on Angle and Joe is one thing. Continually backing them and even engaging in physical combat with your secret teammates really doesn't serve a purpose after a certain point if you're just gonna beat down Angle and Joe eventually anyway. Get it done and over with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    If they're gonna turn Brisco and Garret they should've done it sooner. I thought it'd happen the first time they were at ringside with Joe and Angle, then when it was a 4-on-4 at the following PPV or whatever... and now what? Have Brisco and Garret actually put a thumpin' on the Aces guys? I hate when shit like that drags out cuz it takes away the believability. Running down and "scaring" away the guys you're secretly with is one thing to build some trust and then BAM turn on Angle and Joe is one thing. Continually backing them and even engaging in physical combat with your secret teammates really doesn't serve a purpose after a certain point if you're just gonna beat down Angle and Joe eventually anyway. Get it done and over with.
    Yeah I thought that at the PPV, once Brisco had his contract I thought well now he is gonna show hes in A&E as it makes no sense to drag it out that hes a face. Just get the turn on now while anybody remotely gives a damn.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I wonder if they planned on it being 'someone' who they've failed to land for whatever reason.

No-one springs to mind though, unless it was Dave and he's told them to sling it.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For shits & giggles, who would actually be a good reveal from the low end of the scale (Anderson, like I suggested) to the holy cow, but still plausible (I dunno.... Goldberg?)

Courier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick Hogan.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abyss in a very fight club type manner

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it wrong that I'd be legitimately interested in that? Joseph Parks is a great character which could make it believable. Like Brain Gremlin

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Bubba the Love Sponge.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    £80 a head for the Platinum looks reasonable, what's the area like?
    Sorry mate just seen this. The area is alright, its the City centre basically. Plenty of decent hotels about. You will more than likely not get shot.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I was more bothered about the bairn, pretty sure he's decided he wants to go to Smackdown instead.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    i know a nice pub near(ish) the arena if you fancy buying me a pint rip?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Might have done but the big lad has decided he wants to go to Smackdown, if we do end up coming down I'll give you a shout though

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    yeh,i should probably read posts properly before replying to be fair

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pope should be in Aces & Eights

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    dude,it was just posted on the main page that hes gone from TNA as his contract is up..then again they've fooled me with that one before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how badly they used (or here, didn't use) the Pope. There was a point, with how over he was with the crowd, I thought for sure he'd be the world champ with TNA. No reason the guy shouldn't have been at least a regular midcard act.

I thought his Devon storyline was excellent (last time I remember him in TNA regularly)

Edit: Looks like he was in the BFG series (His only other TNA appearances of 2012 outside of his final match with Devon Jan 2012 at Genesis)
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; January 8th, 2013 at 7:42 PM.

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Hearted_Truth View Post
    I thought his Devon storyline was excellent (last time I remember him in TNA regularly)
    It was excellent. One of the most underrated storylines in recent times. Such an excellent teaming and feud from two guys they didn't know what to do with.

It was an old school type feud. They took their time and didn't rush to where they wanted to be at in the end. Reminded me of something that would have came out of Mid-South.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW:
    (8PM ET on SPIKETV)

-Austin Aries / Bobby Roode vs. James Storm / Jeff Hardy
    -Kenny King vs. Zema Ion (WINNER FACES C.YORK THIS SUNDAY ON PPV... WINNER OF THAT FACES RVD FOR X-DIVISION TITLE ON THE SAME NIGHT)
    -The return of TNA 'Gut Check' (Brian Cage vs. Jay Bradley)

PLUS: Will (recently suspended) Bully Ray show up to confront Hulk Hogan? And Sting will be there 3 days before his match versus DOC at the PPV this Sunday.
    Last edited by greebull; January 10th, 2013 at 4:08 PM.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenny King and Zema Ion are fighting for the right to face Christian York.

Awesome company. Just so awesome.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

I hear that in Rich Halls' voice in my head.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BIG ROB TERRY ALERT

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tune into TNA for the first time in a couple months a little bit ago.... just in time to see Sting beat Mike Knox... followed by a main event of Bully Ray proposing to Brooke Hogan while Hulk & Sting look on feigning shock. I think I'm done for another couple months. Maybe the road to Lockdown will kick 'em into gear again.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm TNA's biggest devil's advocate but this is just ridiculous. Although, this show gave us more BIG ROB TERRY dominating... and possibly now becoming a face.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES

SIGN HIM WWE SO I CAN WATCH HIM AGAIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The go home show ending with Brooke/Bully kissing and Hogan walking out :facepalm

Oh yeah, BTW, there's a PPV Sunday. When are they cutting the # of PPV's again?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rob Terry needs to fuck off a cliff.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they just did today. Its just Genesis,Lockdown,Slammiversary,and BFG. I think they should have kept Destination X.

I feel so bad for Bully Ray being reduced to this crap with the Hogans.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyhow this doesn't end with Bully Ray pulling the douchiest of douchebag moves will give TNA arguably its greatest facepalm yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSlim21 View Post
    Anyhow this doesn't end with Bully Ray pulling the douchiest of douchebag moves will give TNA arguably its greatest facepalm yet
    I give up trying to comprehend what they're doing here giving Brooke Hogan all this air time.

I have no idea why they'd end their last show before PPV promoting something that won't happen until Impact next week.....that's not even addressing what shit the angle is in the first place.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian York is a dicknose.

At some point I think I need to just start doing a column where I do nothing but point out why Impact is bad.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    They have something like that already Cewsh mate, sadly right now it's being handed to the roster with the heading 'Script'

Here for the Horsewomen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best part of Impact however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMFh8nQ17Qw

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Something about Impact/TNA feels way, way off right now. I try to watch through the shows but just ends up bored.

The Hogan/Brooke/Bully stuff is awful. Yeah, it's probably just so that Bully can turn 'mega-heel' on Hogan/TNA and joining/leading A&8's, but it's absolutely cringe worthy watching these segments. Almost AJ Styles/Claire Lynch levels of bad.

I don't know why they insist on having Christian York in X-division matches, dude is so roided up he can barely move.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So apparently jeff hardy has been denied access to the uk for next weeks tour due to his drug offences, personally I'm more intrested in seeing guys like storm,aries,daniels,roode,kaz etc compete. But seeing as TNA have been using jeff as the focal point of advertising the tour over here for the last 6 plus months surely they have a responsibility to sort out any such issues beforehand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahahahhahahahahahhaa.

Jeff Hardy as TNA champ:

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So apparently jeff hardy has been denied access to the uk for next weeks tour due to his drug offences, personally I'm more intrested in seeing guys like storm,aries,daniels,roode,kaz etc compete. But seeing as TNA have been using jeff as the focal point of advertising the tour over here for the last 6 plus months surely they have a responsibility to sort out any such issues beforehand.
    alkdhAKSJFH;JAS

Even WCW never put their fucking title belt on a guy who couldn't even travel to the fucking shows because he was such a noted and prosecuted drug addict.

Fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could see Austin Aries' reaction to this news.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So...

When are we betting on TNA finally realising Jeff is a complete liability?

Before or after he drives them under?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After. For whatever reason, they've handcuffed themselves to him.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this confirmed? Seems really odd. I mean since his last visit in 2011 he has from a quick search spent 10 days in prison. I find it more surprising he was allowed to leave etc with it all hanging over him in 2011.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It says on the main page that he won't be travelling and that there going to have to do four weeks of impact without the champ on the shows as they are doing double tapings in manchester and london i believe, its not actually confirmed I don't think but it sounds entirely plausible seeing as we are talking about tna here

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They could make backstage segments with Jeff Hardy and play them at the tapings/shows...
    Maybe he could wrestle a tag team match via Skype...

Just have his partner throw the laptop off the top rope so it does a flip...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; January 17th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    They could make backstage segments with Jeff Hardy and play them at the tapings/shows...

Then after the flip the laptop would be helpless so the opposing team could get the hot tag and pin the computer. Victory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    alkdhAKSJFH;JAS

Even WCW never put their fucking title belt on a guy who couldn't even travel to the fucking shows because he was such a noted and prosecuted drug addict.

Fuck's sake.

Laughing stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post

Jeff Hardy does a Swanton from the laptop on Austin Aries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF?! A 'you still got it' for World Champion Jeff Hardy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentially "your drug addled lifestyle hasn't ruined your ring ability just yet".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a shame what's happened to TNA considering they had a good 6 months where they looked like they had got their shot together. Roode done a sterling job as champ, Aries was brilliant as the X division main man, they moved him up without rattling the boat and made him champ. Storm looked like a main event threat who had only been kept down via dirty antics, Bully was doing a neat job as the dickhead heel and their shows we're pretty decent then they just went completely to shit.

I'm not sure they can turn it around now, If I was Roode, Storm, Aries etc I'd be looking to jump ship at the first chance I got, sure they would start back at the bottom but its got to be better than staying on this ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNA will hold a rare Friday night Impact Wrestling taping tonight from the Impact Zone in Orlando. The company is headed overseas next week for the annual UK tour, so the next month or so of Impact will be taped.

TNA is advertising the following for next week’s show:

* Daniels vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Title

* Velvet Sky vs. Tara for the Knockouts Title

* Zema Ion and Kenny King vs. Rob Van Dam and Christian York

* The fallout from Taz joining Aces & 8s

* Hulk Hogan leads a war on Aces & 8s
    Should be interesting how they handle this Hardy situation at this evening's tapings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god please for the sake of everything that is holy let Daniels have a short run as champion by taking out Hardy. He could get SO much heat by taking out the super crowd favorite and depriving the UK a chance to see Hardy.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, wait, wait. What? Tazz joined Aces and Eights?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got through watching Impact and it was legendary - not for the right reasons though, gave me a good chuckle

This face runs the place
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned Luke Gallows got to feel on a Brooke Hogan boob after it popped out. Other than that the HUGE Taz swerve did absolutely nothing for me.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget Michael's superkicking Hogan.
    Forget Matt smashing Jeff in the face with a chair.
    Forget Austin going mental on Rock with the steel chair at WrestleMania..

..."Is it just me .... or is it getting hot in here?!"

Greatest. Heel Turn. Ever.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to watch this segment now. Just so I can mock it educatedly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is amazing.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god, you guys. That is the best/worst segment of wrestling in history.

Tazz delivers his awful line and takes a full minute just to take his jacket off and turn around, everyone in the ring just kind of looks at him, then Aces and Eights hit and Brooke's tits fall out of her dress and stay out while she struggles to get them back in for the ENTIRE SEGMENT. And the camera guy is just showing them like it's no big deal.

Oh man, amazing.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to Taz joining Aces & Eights and the biker gang beating the crap out of Bully and Hulk Hogan, Bully tweeted:

“What was supposed to be a night of celebration, turned into a nightmare. @TestifyDevon was 1 thing. @OfficialTAZ your dead to me scumbag."

Taz responded to those comments, tweeting:
    “@REALBully5150 dead? I just came to LIFE! All business big man.”

Dixie Carter then responded to Taz:
    “Business?? Really, big man??”

Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, actually sounds relieved about the wedding not going down as planned

“Taz screwed everyone , the one good thing was the wedding came to an immediate halt,thank God. HH”

AHAHAHAHA, THEY SUCK SO BAD AT THIS AHAHAHA

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Dewshy View Post
    I have to watch this segment now. Just so I can mock it educatedly.
    Maybe that's their plan to get more people watching...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering I've now watched this segment more times than I did anything TNA produced all last year....it's working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***Impact Spoilers (Airing 1/24/13)***

Thoughts:

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hardy overdose angle alright

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Tna are still advertising Hardy,so either the story was bullshit,the issue got resolved or tna are advertising someone who's not going to be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they ever going to give Velvet the KOs Title? They make a big fuss about her coming back,she sits around doing nothing,wins both #1 Contender Matches,and then loses another Title Match.

And Kurt Angle is back after two weeks?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velvet has already won the KO title. Or do you mean in this current run?

Higher is Ratings
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post

This is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Dewshy View Post
    Oh my god, you guys. That is the best/worst segment of wrestling in history.

Tazz delivers his awful line and takes a full minute just to take his jacket off and turn around, everyone in the ring just kind of looks at him, then Aces and Eights hit and Brooke's tits fall out of her dress and stay out while she struggles to get them back in for the ENTIRE SEGMENT. And the camera guy is just showing them like it's no big deal.

Oh man, amazing.
    I'm in tears. "Go check on Bully" "My boobs out"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velvet has already won the KO title. Or do you mean in this current run?
    Current run

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yep,tna have confirmed it,Sting has been added to the tour to replace a `Injured` Hardy. Hey here's a idea tna,how about next time you don't advertise a convicted drug felon who's not allowed into our country just to sell tickets,then leave it to the last minute to sort the issue out you absolute fucking twats!

Personally I'm happier that ill be seeing Sting, but I'm sure there is grounds for a backlash (possible refunds) against tna for this,fucking bush league stuff.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comment on this video: "at this point wwe don't have nothing on tna .fuck the shield aces and 8's is the group to watch"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANT View Post
    I'm in tears. "Go check on Bully" "My boobs out"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep,tna have confirmed it,Sting has been added to the tour to replace a `Injured` Hardy. Hey here's a idea tna,how about next time you don't advertise a convicted drug felon who's not allowed into our country just to sell tickets,then leave it to the last minute to sort the issue out you absolute fucking twats!

Personally I'm happier that ill be seeing Sting, but I'm sure there is grounds for a backlash (possible refunds) against tna for this,fucking bush league stuff.
    You're giving TNA way too much credit for having the brain power to 'knowingly' realize Jeff may not be allowed in the UK.

Disregarding their blunder there, still a big fuck you by TNA to the UK fans saying he won't attend.... due to injury.

Why even lie about it when the truth is readily available on the net?

Terrible business decision. Be forthright with your paying customer. Fairly certain these events are/will be a lot bigger than some house show in Grand Rapids, IA that'll draw 250-500 people. Deception isn't going to get people to return.

If fans wanted to get their refund for the show, they'll have a very easy case here. Regardless of 'card subject to change'.
    Last edited by Cold_Hearted_Truth; January 19th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crying in this thread is fucking embarrassing. Grow up. This is coming from someone who is travelling across borders to see the show tomorrow. The way they treated their paying customers last time I was there was on a different level to the WWE house shows put on, that's how they've got me returning not because I thought Jeff Fucking Hardy was going to show up.

If they put on as good a show again tomorrow, I'll be back again.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infact I can't even leave this train of thought alone.

The TRUTH is out there on the internet its a better business decision to be upfront about this? Really? You dont think actively telling a crowd that the champion couldnt be there because he's a convicted drug dealer isnt going to be slightly worse for business? The young kids and their parents who dont go onto internet wrestling sites, you think this won't have any affect on them. Where do you stop as well? Sorry guys Jeff cant be here because he's a convicted criminal but Aces and Eights the biker can who have been 'crippling' people have got their visas ok because.......

It's shit the champion cant be there for the tour. I'm sure TNA are as annoyed about it as anyone else. There's legal precedence on these cases such as Tyson and others when entertainers are treated differently when it comes to these visa decisions. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that TNA had legal advice that they should be fine with Jeff as it was such a short tour. The storyline cover up is what the wrestling business is all about for gods sake.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That's not the point though is it? I went last year and was more than happy with the quality of the show.as I'm sure I will be this time. The problem lies in the fact that they have advertised one of their main stars as a poster boy for the show,only to find out a fucking week before the tour that he's not allowed in the country,that's poor form and amateurish on so many levels. Also I'm not crying,just stating a point, and I really don't know where you get off telling us to grow up when we are debating a perfectly valid point.