Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe films

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    There's no 'problem' I have with Jackman playing Wolverine. I just thought it was curious that he'd commit to coming back after 'Logan', plus all of the other factors going into to bringing him back and how they'd handle the character going forth in the MCU, whether he wants to stick around or if/when they eventually recast.
    I'd almost believe these two have probably shared ideas on things they'd like to do ever since deadpool became a real thing. Jackman was very adamant he was happy how they ended wolverines run. This tells me that whatever they have discussed behind closed doors Jackman is 100% with knowing it won't tarnish the legacy of the character.

It's also fitting to note that the release date of this film will coincide with the 50th anniversary of wolverines first appearance in marvel comics. Also crazy to note Jackman's wolverine will hit his 24th year as playing the character.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually pretty cool.

I'm actually more surprised how hard people have been on these X-Men movies for not casing someone who is more comic book accurate in terms of height. Wolverine is like 5'3" in the comics. Would he have gotten over to the extent he has if the character was played by fuckin Tom Cruise (I don't know too many super short actors).

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple new tidbits of news:

1. Now there's a report that the Blade script is being completely re-written from scratch. This isn't confirmed but it's from a fairly reputable scoop website:

Quote Originally Posted by https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-blade-plot-details
    According to The Direct's sources, writer Beau DeMayo is leading Marvel Studios' efforts to overhaul the movie, starting from scratch and writing a script that is essentially entirely new. DeMayo's work as a writer on Moon Knight and especially as a head writer on X-Men '97 impressed Kevin Feige and other studio executives, leading them to hand over the reins to DeMayo to rebuild Blade's story from the ground up following Osei-Kuffour's work.
    If true, I would expect the production and release to get pushed back.

2. Armor Wars starring Don Cheadle is now reportedly going to be a movie instead of a Disney+ show. Personally I don't think this character (War Machine) is movie-worthy so ehhhh I'm not sure about this decision. Some people are speculating that RDJ will return (hence why they're making it a movie) but I think that's optimistic fan-wishing. I would bet against RDJ coming back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    A couple new tidbits of news:

1. Now there's a report that the Blade script is being completely re-written from scratch. This isn't confirmed but it's from a fairly reputable scoop website:

If true, I would expect the production and release to get pushed back.

2. Armor Wars starring Don Cheadle is now reportedly going to be a movie instead of a Disney+ show. Personally I don't think this character (War Machine) is movie-worthy so ehhhh I'm not sure about this decision. Some people are speculating that RDJ will return (hence why they're making it a movie) but I think that's optimistic fan-wishing. I would bet against RDJ coming back.
    As far as Blade goes....the first 2 movies were great. But Trinity and the FX series really lacked. Personally I'd rather seeing something like Spirits of Vengeance instead of a non-Snipes Blade movie.

Armor Wars will probably be stacked with others so I can see why a movie would work. Personally I'd rather see a 2 hour movie than 6-10 episode series. Sounds like it would be better suited for the big screen.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    With as much chi that will be involved with armor wars it's makes sense alone for it to be a movie. The TV shows have been hit or miss as I'm assuming their budget is much smaller.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White Vision and Sam Rockwell’s character from Iron Man 2 (I forget the character name) are reportedly in Armor Wars.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't think we needed a mini-series for this UNLESS RDJ was part of each one. Outside of that it seems like the big screen is the best place to enjoy this one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I just don't think we needed a mini-series for this UNLESS RDJ was part of each one. Outside of that it seems like the big screen is the best place to enjoy this one.
    I agree with you in spirit and/or in a vacuum. I think D+ MCU shows are best used for shows designed to be episodic. WandaVision was episodic for most of its run, literally fashioned after sitcoms. She-Hulk is similarly episodic with a conflict-of-the-week format and short episodes. Contrast this to Hawkeye which to me was more like a low-level MCU movie that they split into 6 episodes, and wasn't very good IMO. Maybe Hawkeye would have been better as a shorter movie. And Armor Wars seems like the same type of thing - low level Avenger getting their own action story. So I agree a movie is a better format for this project.

Except... there are limited movie slots and Feige is already packing them to the brim, scheduling 4 movies per year in 2021, 2023 and 2024 (in 2022 we got off light with just 3). There are so many projects in development. Does Armor Wars need to take one of those slots? Is it movie-worthy given how many other things are being worked on, and are we still going to care about Don Cheadle's War Hammer in 2025 when this movie might come out? Idk. If the script is great, then sure. But they seem to be getting ahead of themselves by scheduling movies without a solid script (see: Blade).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you in spirit and/or in a vacuum. I think D+ MCU shows are best used for shows designed to be episodic. WandaVision was episodic for most of its run, literally fashioned after sitcoms. She-Hulk is similarly episodic with a conflict-of-the-week format and short episodes. Contrast this to Hawkeye which to me was more like a low-level MCU movie that they split into 6 episodes, and wasn't very good IMO. Maybe Hawkeye would have been better as a shorter movie. And Armor Wars seems like the same type of thing - low level Avenger getting their own action story. So I agree a movie is a better format for this project.

Except... there are limited movie slots and Feige is already packing them to the brim, scheduling 4 movies per year in 2021, 2023 and 2024 (in 2022 we got off light with just 3). There are so many projects in development. Does Armor Wars need to take one of those slots? Is it movie-worthy given how many other things are being worked on, and are we still going to care about Don Cheadle's War Hammer in 2025 when this movie might come out? Idk. If the script is great, then sure. But they seem to be getting ahead of themselves by scheduling movies without a solid script (see: Blade).
    Blade isn't the norm though. We haven't heard about any issues similar to Blade with the majority of the MCU movies.

I'm not too negative on the amount of movies because I'm a huge fan of comic book movies. I do think it's movie worthy because personally I think we're getting too many of these random Disney+ shows that may or may not pay off down the road. I get the mainstays like Falcon, Hawkeye, etc but now we're getting all these B/C-level characters with their own 6-10 episode shows. A lot of them feel so stretched out and you wonder, what if this was a movie? Armor Wars seems like it's going to be something you want to see on the big screen, nonstop action that won't feel the same sitting at home. Plus, if they get RDJ part of this shit it'll be insane.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I'd almost believe these two have probably shared ideas on things they'd like to do ever since deadpool became a real thing. Jackman was very adamant he was happy how they ended wolverines run. This tells me that whatever they have discussed behind closed doors Jackman is 100% with knowing it won't tarnish the legacy of the character.

It's also fitting to note that the release date of this film will coincide with the 50th anniversary of wolverines first appearance in marvel comics. Also crazy to note Jackman's wolverine will hit his 24th year as playing the character.
    you just know once the MCU found it's footing and really established itself as a lasting project that jackman would have loved to be involved in it as wolverine, bouncing off those other characters. i feel like he might have said as much in interviews in the late 2000's up until logan released. thing was, it was only ever a pipe dream until basically 2018 when it looked like the disney acquisition of fox was going to go through. everything before that was fan fiction, and hugh had just decided to hang up the claws on his take of the character a year and a half prior to the floodgates opening and wolverine in the MCU actually being doable. i feel like if you told him before filming logan that in the next five years disney will get the rights to the x-men and can introduce them into the MCU, there might not have been much emphasis on it being his last time playing the role. age was definitely a factor, but i also think there might not have been much else to do with that incarnation of the character given how fox was moving the x-men movies younger and recasting roles. probably seemed like as good a time to move on as any other. but getting a chance to be a part of the MCU as the character has to be like a gift on christmas morning. his involvement, i think, bodes well for whatever plans they have moving forward, whether that's just this deadpool film or others. but i also think he was probably just as eager to get this chance as marvel was to have him.

with all the multiverse stuff, them using jackman and then recasting the part works fine with me. if it's a one off, it can work like the garfield and maguire spidermen in no way home. if his involvement is more extensive, they can weave it through the multiverse plot. old man logan showing up and taking out a child trafficker in battleworld would be awesome. secret wars would be an end befitting the character jackman has embodied for 20+ years, and if those estimates kevin feige threw out there hold up(fat chance), would only be about a three year commitment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who doesn't want to see Old Man Logan and blind Hawkeye going crosscountry to take out the likes of Hulk and his offspring of cousin brothers and Dr Doom for some reason ruling Des Moines, IA?? LOVE the Old Man Logan stuff that I've read, very over the top. I also like the book Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe that would be a disturbing movie.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's been mentioned in here...

Harrison Ford officially will be taking over the role of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, beginning with Phase 5 title Captain America: New World Order. Ford assumes the role played by Oscar winner William Hurt in films ranging from 2008’s The Incredible Hulk through 2021’s Black Widow, prior to his death in March at 71.

I'm not a comic reader so I would have been fine if they just dropped Ross's character from the movies and had the team name themselves after him following an off-screen death. But obviously, he is probably integral to the story somehow. I think Harrison Ford is as good a replacement as we could have hoped for, though he himself is very old (aged 80) so hopefully they don't need him for many (or any) movies after New World Order and Thunderbolts.

I'm personally much more excited for Thunderbolts than New World Order.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thunderbolts looks pretty cool. I'm a huge fan of Winter Solider and anything he's part of in the movies I'm always down to check out.

New World Order will be interesting. I haven't read up on either of these movies in terms of what they will be about but I am excited to see the direction of Captain America.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great trailer. I'm psyched for this one. it's my #1 most psyched-for out of the next 4 (Wakanda, Ant Man, Guardians 3, The Marvels).

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poster spoiled for size

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plot: Being a super hero is fun. Ant Man's daughter makes a thing that takes them into the greenscreen world where they run around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome we'll be sure to wait for your detailed review.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome we'll be sure to wait for your detailed review.
    Last edited by VHS; October 25th, 2022 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Another classic Thor adventure trick or treating with Maverick tonight.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great trailer. I'm psyched for this one. it's my #1 most psyched-for out of the next 4 (Wakanda, Ant Man, Guardians 3, The Marvels).
    More than Guardians 3?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    More than Guardians 3?
    Yea. Now maybe that's biased since Ant Man is coming out sooner and we have a trailer, plus we're getting the Guardians Xmas Special, plus I just saw a little bit of Guardians in Love & Thunder so that group has been around lately. I don't know what Guardians 3 will be about, but winning back Gamora feels like worn territory. I'm excited for Kang as the villain in Ant Man. But to your point, James Gunn is certainly a more trustworthy filmmaker than Peyton Reed, even though I very much enjoyed Ant Man 1, and Ant Man 2 wasn't bad. Guardians is probably the betting favorite to be the better movie, but I'm hopeful they can pull off a good one with Quantamania. I like the core Ant-Man cast a lot (mainly referring to Rudd, Lily and Douglas).

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally watched Love & Thunder. It was fine, but certainly a let-down after Ragnarok which was a top 3 MCU movie for me. I enjoyed much of the comedy in Love & Thunder and was laughing a good bit. Hemsworth, Thompson and Taika as Korg are a good comedy trio. Portman's arc felt a little rough around the edges, both from a writing and acting perspective. Bale was solid but his character could have been fleshed out better. The trip to see Zeus fell flat for me - I thought they could have removed that whole part or shortened it and given Gorr more time. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I didn't really understand the Eternity realm. If I have time I'll watch a youtube breakdown video of the whole movie to better understand all the stuff that was going on in regard to Omnipotence City, Eternity and Valhalla.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't mind Love and Thunder but I might be enjoying it because my little one is all about Thor for some reason. I even took him to the theater figuring we might have to leave during the movie because he'd get antsy. Maverick sat right there and watched the whole thing, no fuss.

I definitely would have taken more time with Gorr. Thought Bale did excellent.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Bale nailed it as gorr for me. I wouldn't be mad at a gorr the God butcher prequel. Him just mowing down the gods.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Got my Wakanda Tickets today. Getting ready for some feels.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw Wakanda Forever yesterday. Loved the movie. Nice tributs to Boseman. All the feels.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Saw Wakanda Forever yesterday. Loved the movie. Nice tributs to Boseman. All the feels.
    High praise from me as well. We saw it Saturday AM, and while I think it was long, I thought the way they incorporated Boseman's death could not have been handled better. Great performance by Angela Bassett - possibly her best work, although I loved her performance as Tina Turner (and I can't believe that was that long ago - 1993)

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Count me in as loving it as well. Sets up a lot of potential global issues going forward. Angela needs an Oscar nod just for the trailer and the full movie, she just be handed Best Supporting Actress. It won't happen, but damn is she good in this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved it. Went in not expecting to take Namor seriously, but damn son he runs Bartertown.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Wakanda Forever and it was outstanding. Super good stuff. Lots of feels, as expected, but lots of badass stuff in there, too. Namor was cool as shit. I had to pee for 3/4 of it but could not bring myself to go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angela Bassett is definitely my favorite part of this movie. I was shocked with how much camera time she had.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what Christmas is but Christmas time is here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

So hyped for this. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as several people don't plan to return to their characters.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 years these folks put in the work, let's goooo!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Saw Wakanda Forever and loved it. Great performances, well handled, different. Nothing not to like! Intriguing going forward too.

Still haven't finished She-Hulk, but been loving that too. Just love this shit. Was fully converted into a Marvel fan back in 2019 and have never looked back.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone already said it but add me to the list of people who loved Wakanda Forever. Best movie of Phase 4 hands down. Props to Coogler for handling Boseman's death so well. All of the cast members were great too, as was the music (shoutout Ludwig). Namor was a great new character, and Riri was pretty good too.
    Last edited by Fro; February 18th, 2023 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Ant-Man 3 is my favorite Ant-Man. Kang is going to be an issue.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Ant-Man 3 is my favorite Ant-Man. Kang is going to be an issue.
    I read he's like the new Thanos?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo this Jonathan Majors arrest for assault against his girlfriend is potentially catastrophic for the MCU if they fire him. I mean yes they can re-cast under the logic of “variants look different from each other”’ but that’s not ideal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Time for Rama Tut or Immortus or Scarlet Centurian to do a hot-tag.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/j...lt-1235588870/

Variety is reporting that "More Alleged Abuse Victims Cooperate With D.A.’s Office" against Jonathan Majors. It would appear that the rumors of him being a serial domestic abuser in the NYC area are true. There were some NYC actors who alleged this via twitter after his arrest, saying he was known to be a piece of shit in the NYC acting scene for years.

With the disclaimer that he's innocent until proven guilty, if he's a serial abuser then obviously fuck him. He deserves to have his career taken away right when he was peaking. As for the future of the MCU...

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given how wrapped up in the multiverse this whole angle is, it should be an easy enough fix to just recast the role.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    You talk about dropping a bag. Yeesh. If I were Marvel I would so pissed right now. But also, do some research on a guy before you make him the focal point of the next six years of storytelling. I would suspect recasting or having Loki end the Kang threat would be fine at this point. Just bring in Doom early and built it around him.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New Guardians is really good.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    My daughter cried....a lot.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    My daughter cried....a lot.
    I heard tell that it was “dark”. I watched it last night and while I liked the dark plot points, I’m sure this movie is going to fuck with a lot of kids. There were definitely some kids in my showing whose parents were checking in with them at various points to make sure they were okay. It's a scary and dark PG-13 movie for sure. But hey, we all have those. Jurassic Park fucked me up when I was a kid. I'm sure Bambi fucked a lot of people up and that was rated G!

I liked the movie. It’s definitely a strong end to the trilogy.

I’ve seen some people heaving a ton of praise on this flick, e.g. “best since endgame”. It wasn’t that for me. For me, Wakanda Forever is still the best in Phase 4/5 so far (note: I haven't seen Quantumania). This might be a contender for 2nd, though.

But in terms of the trilogy, 1 is still king. 2 vs 3 is an interesting question. 3 is superior in certain ways like it's definitely more emotional and probably has the better plot. 2 is better stylistically IMO, in terms of the soundtrack and general vibes (like how amazing that opening scene in 2 is). The soundtrack for 3 didn't hit the same way, unfortunately. In 1 they become the Guardians and it's a classic. What I love about 2 is they're the guardians the entire movie - a true team. It's so much fun. And then 3 is like a deconstruction of them. I mean the Gamora thing (her memory of the guardians being gone) is big and they handled it well.

I'll need to give it a re-watch but I might end up preferring 2 to 3. They have different strengths.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I took Mav and he loved it except for a scene or two.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loved Guardians. It is dark. Definitely some hits you the feels moments. Overall solid movie. Well done and we shall see how things go from here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardians 3 has grown on me since I watched it. I do think it's too long and there are maybe too many songs shoehorned in at different moments which were dramatic or emotional only a few seconds earlier. But I was pleasantly surprised at how the humour-undercutting-sad-stuff issue in some Marvel films was nowhere near as bad as it was in Thor: Love and Thunder. The biggest strengths were the simple quest for Rocket, a total asshole of a villain and how some of the characters ended up. Major plot spoilers below.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched Quantumania and thought it was perfectly fine. Solid 6.5/10. Maybe if you're a big M.O.D.O.K. mark, I can understand some complaints there but otherwise, totally serviceable film. Just recast Kang and we're good to go forward. Planning to see GOTG3 in theater next week.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy damn. GOTG3 was outstanding. Who knew the story of a space raccoon would be one of the most powerful in cinema? Goddamn, those scenes with him and the critters just ripped me up. Great character arc for him. High Evolutionary was a good villain.
    Really like how they handled Gamora and her relationship with Quill. Much better balance of humor and emotional stuff than L&T. Spacehog song from the trailer was in the film. One of the best of this phase and probably one of the best MCU films overall.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was less impressed with GOTG3 than most of you. I did not like the music nearly as much as the first one, and I was really bothered by the violence / cruelty against animals. Perhaps this was a result of us watching it at a 11AM showing, where there were a LOT of small children in the audience, many vocalizing their displeasure even louder than I was. I could not believe they were marketing such disturbing content to children. (I understand that it earned a PG-13 rating, but I guess they don't mind showing it to birthday parties of 9 or 10-year-olds).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, they probably didn’t think about that 3puppies. Marvel should be ashamed.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not supposed to like the bad things a bad guy does.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I agree about the music. I think the best soundtrack was Vol. 1.

I don't think they showed anything that gratuitous with the violence on animals. A lot of slight of hand, shadows or angles that left you knowing what was going on but let the theater of the mind do the heavy lifting.

Who didn't cry buckets as a child when Bambi's mom got it? What about when Travis had to shoot Old Yeller? They didn't really show the deed but left you with the sad aftermath. Kids will remember it as that awesome and sad movie theater experience. Those stories stick with you and I'm sure some will grow up remembering Guardians like we remember crying when Yeller got shot.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; May 29th, 2023 at 7:44 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw GOTG this weekend. Liked it, didn’t love it. I thought the middle dragged a little bit but I did really enjoy the ending. This was only the second Marvel movie I’ve seen since Endgame so I’m pretty out of the loop as far as everything goes in the MCU at the moment. Regardless, I thought this was a fine send off.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really enjoyed Guardians. Hit me with all the feels at times.

I still haven't seen the latest Antman movie. maybe this coming weekend or something I will watch on Disney +.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardians and Ant Man definitely made use of modern technology. They both have a very cool sci fi vibe.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FINALLY we get a Wolverine costume! Hell yeah :yeah:

Hope there's a mask as well.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleeves?

There was a time I'd have been hyped about this but it's long gone. I'm no fan of Reynolds and am over quippy meta Deadpool. Last movie turned me off the more I reflected on it. Jackman's Wolverine has run his course for me, too. Would rather see the character rebooted at this point. Gonna wait until this one's on streaming barring some stellar reviews or whatever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it. I've always been understanding and accepting of the X-Men's toned down gear compared to their more popular costumes. I've been dying ever since the first X-Men when Scott said "would you prefer yellow spandex?" to see at the very least Wolverine in his more well known look.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The sleeves are apparently because Hugh Jackman has had a couple cases of basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) and so has been particularly vigilant about exposed skin since then.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    The sleeves are apparently because Hugh Jackman has had a couple cases of basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) and so has been particularly vigilant about exposed skin since then.
    I heard about that and I also heard that he talked about a major reason for not wanting to play Logan is due to the workout regimen he has to go through. So he might look as jacked as people were used to seeing.

Regardless.....I'm excited to see this movie. Deadpool never fails for me.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone go see The Marvels?

I really enjoyed it. I know it has gotten some mixed reviews.

the extra scenes setting stuff up of course

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, posted about it in the movie review thread. Thought it was loads of fun. That post credit scene in your last sentence had my jaw on the floor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone go see The Marvels?

I really enjoyed it. I know it has gotten some mixed reviews.

the extra scenes setting stuff up of course

That spoiler part was right up there with the return of CM Punk.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had rumors but not actual spoilers about what could happen in an end credits scene but yeah was still excited to see it.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jonathan majors found guilty on two of the four counts against him, and within hours of the verdict marvel is confirming with outlets that they've cut ties with him.

it's good that they finally made a decision, cause now they can go about fixing it instead of stalling. given the nature of the multiverse and the kang character, they could easily recast and not have to change much of the roadmap, outside of filming and release dates, probably. they could also pivot away from kang as the big bad altogether, but i feel like that has to be a much larger headache than just recasting. though with how a lot of these multiverse saga films have been received, shaking the entire outline up could be a win for the studio. as it stands, we inch ever closer to getting the x-men involved, and realistically, that's what everyone is waiting on. they really need to drum up excitement.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should recast Kang. I'm not taking anything away from Majors when I say this but his performances were very very good, carried quite a bit of Loki imo, but he's not the 2nd coming. Worst case scenario some people might not like his replacement and that's fine. The other upside is he didn't really cement his status as Kang, this isn't Hugh Jackman we're talking about. Aside from Ant Man 3 and Loki, he didn't really do anything else. I wasn't even that hype about Kang being a Thanos level villain.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Try not to get into Loki Season 2 spoilers but I think they have created a way around Kang. At this point, lets just start rolling out the Beyonder and Dr. Doom. We can come back to Kang in 5 years.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John David Washington for the replacement would be great.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should just recast him and not go crazy rewriting plans they have laid out.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    John David Washington for the replacement would be great.
    I’m a big fan of his but I don’t see him as a big bad villain. He should be a hero in the MCU if anything

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to watch loki szn 2 so I know where they left it but I hope they pivot to doctor doom as the big bad and do away with the kang stuff.

The multiverse stinks. It’s always stunk.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    We got Spiderman No Way Home which is very high on my list of great supehero films. The problem is that we had the multiverse storyline, everyone coming back from five years how that affected Earth storyline, new heroes coming into there own storylines, losses from Endgame storyline and space stuff storylines. The major problem is that there are two many storylines when it should have been either the multiverse and the aftermath of the snap. We didn't need Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Eternals and Shang Chi even if some of them were really good. If anything finish stories out like Guardians, Hakweye, Black Panther and Falcon for Aftermath then have Spidey, Dr. Strange, Wandavision, Ant Man 3 and Loki are the multiverse stories. We now have way too many new heroes and no real villian to be a threat even if Kang was a thing. FF should have already happened by now too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oversaturation of new characters has definitely been a problem. And not just new characters but characters that the mainstream isn't super familiar with. People know Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, they don't know Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. That doesn't mean they weren't good either it's no different than when you had the 4-5 Netflix shows, Agents of SHIELD, AND the MCU. What'd they do? Killed off the Netflix stuff, wrapped up SHIELD, and pressed on with the movies.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should just recast him and not go crazy rewriting plans they have laid out.
    I agree. When the lady who played the Oracle in the Matrix passed they didn't change plans they worked it in a way that made sense. Shit did they even address the fact War Machine was played by 2 different people? And now they're saying the Edward Norton Hulk is canon so who knows. They'll figure out something. If they can have the Fox Quicksilver show up on WandaVision they can make this work.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Shit did they even address the fact War Machine was played by 2 different people?
    They didn't address it directly, but Cheadle's opening line in Iron Man 2 is a quick hit wink and nod reference that he ad-libbed into the scene.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a series that included a lot of movies, the Thanos saga felt a lot more streamlined. They were building to Thanos the whole time. Even in Ultron, Infinity Stones were significant. And Thanos was given a nod early on, at the End of Avengers.

This phase has felt too disjointed. Dr. Strange is maybe doing a thing with Clea. Spiderman is alone. Capt Marvel is out there, but someone help Photon. Who is hanging out with Beast I guess. The Eternals are......somewhere? And the storyline is being driven through Antman and Loki. I guess.

There needs to be a better introduction for the Big Bad soon. I'd normally be against a rewrite. But this phase clearly hasn't worked a while. If you need to punt Kang, and go with Mephisto, Dr. Doom, The Brotherhood, or Galactus, might be a good time to get it done quickly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Marvel is on Disney+ I was a fan of this movie. Especially the end credits. And Danvers white tank top.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes. I enjoyed the movie as well.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all were talking about Fantastic Four and they just announced it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.
    Marvel Studios' #TheFantasticFour, in theatres July 25, 2025.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hopeful it'll be good. I've said it before they weren't my favorite comic, but I didn't think 2 out of the movies sucked. I actually really like the first FF4 movie but I'm always a mega fan of Michael Chiklis. Ebon as The Thing should be cool he's one of the best parts of The Bear.

Today someone posted that there's a RUMOR this could take place in the 60's. They assume if that's the case they'll be trapped in the Negative Zone and that'll explain where they've been this whole time and why they haven't really aged. That would actually be pretty cool but idk again it's simply people talking.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Pedro Pascal, but he's way saturated.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of bummed Ebon is Thing, he’s far too talented as an actor to be CGI. Maybe it’ll be a different iteration somehow.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the pic that accompanied the announcement.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Really looking forward to it as a big FF fan. Good casting, but whoever is Dr. Doom is going to be the big casting move.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Kind of bummed Ebon is Thing, he’s far too talented as an actor to be CGI. Maybe it’ll be a different iteration somehow.
    I thought the same thing about Michael Chiklis but he made it work especially when they bounce between his human form and orange rock cock form.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Deadpool 3 teaser was good. Definitely a night one viewing in the theater.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I will probably go check out Deadpool in the theater. Looking forward to that one

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadpool trailer kind of looked like ass to me.

Marvels was dogshit too

And it's come out recently that Disney were always planning to minimise Kang because of how badly Ant Man 3 did at the box office. ROFL.
    Last edited by Zarius; February 25th, 2024 at 1:31 PM.