1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    Some of us don't give a hoot about the post credits scenes.
    Yes and most people like that aren't in the iMAX theater where tickets are like $20 a piece at the midnight opening, after having had to wait in a line until 11:00 that stretched through the mall just to get inside.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the post-credits scene:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Regarding the post-credits scene:

Considering

Last edited by Guy; May 5th, 2012 at 8:54 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this is a stronger review, some friends are seeing this later and I liked it enough that I'm going again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Is there anywhere we can see this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Is there anywhere we can see this?
    Nah. I've looked hard enough for a clip of it but other than he photo below I can't find anything.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering

I'm hoping to see this again in the next week or so. Haven't gone back for a repeat cinema viewing since Star Trek. Empire have a short podcast with Kevin Fiege about the film which goes into spoilers. Haven't listened to it yet, but he was good in the non-spoiler conversation the week before.

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That scene wasn't in the version I saw here in the southeast US either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping to see this again in the next week or so. Haven't gone back for a repeat cinema viewing since Star Trek. Empire have a short podcast with Kevin Fiege about the film which goes into spoilers. Haven't listened to it yet, but he was good in the non-spoiler conversation the week before.
    Sorry Chris I made some mad typos in that post.

I meant to say I can't see why they "wouldn't" go for it, considering it's already set up and that this film has already successfully broken the barrier of "realism" and retained the drama, character and humour.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this. It was really, really, really enjoyanle from start to end. Far better then what any Super friends type of film has any right to be.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looking at Blood's avatar makes me want to go and watch the movie again. Can't wait to own this blu-ray.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Just looking at Blood's avatar makes me want to go and watch the movie again. Can't wait to own this blu-ray.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Meet and exceeding expectations. Characters were dead on and a lot of great action sequences. Some great fanboy mark out moments. Can't wait for the DVD and the extra 30 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Great flick. I just want some Wolverine in the next one and a Black Widow nude scene.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my favorite Marvel movie moment ever. I saw it twice with friends this weekend and it killed me each time. Second may have gotten a bigger reaction from me than the first.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Definitely my favorite at the moment to. I also have to say that I have never really been that big of a fan of Ironman but this movie really made me a fan. Loved the small touch of wearing the Black Sabbath shirt.

In fact, I will probably go back and watch the first two again just to see if the character sticks with me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also has killer entrance music. And is a drunk.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed the first Iron Man a lot. Didnt care as much for the second. Really lookoing forward to this after seeing all the positive reviews.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very good. It's a proper comic book superhero movie and the best thing is that it does it without even using many of marvels most popular characters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    He also has killer entrance music. And is a drunk.

Actually I can't remember a moment that didn't bring about cheering.

God I fucking love this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's very good. It's a proper comic book superhero movie and the best thing is that it does it without even using many of marvels most popular characters.
    Without using many of Marvel popular characters? Who's bigger than Hulk/Cap/Iron Man other than maybe Spidey and Wolverine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Magic and math doesn't really work so well together blood. Let the android be.
    You call yourselves nerds
    You know what I like? Arrested Development.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spidey is the biggest character they have. The x men and the fantastic four are big characters that are also absent. It's clear that you have a tremendous erection for this film, but I'm not criticising it, I'm praising it. The film did over $200m in its opening weekend. The first film to ever achieve that.

I still think that The Dark Knight Rises is going to blow it away in terms of commercial, critical and lasting legacy though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the big box office takings, I hope the studio doesn't try and rush a sequel. I have no need to see Avengers 2 in just over 2 years time. I'd prefer another slow build. Saying that, with the cast that would be returning for the sequel, it would likely be some time before they could get all of their schedules to align once again.

I too think that The Dark Knight Rises will be amazing.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    We are getting Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 next year followed by Cap 2 in 2014. There is also rumors Edgar Wright got an email about Ant Man this weekend. Personally I want to see the sequel like tomorrow. I also figure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spidey is the biggest character they have. The x men and the fantastic four are big characters that are also absent. It's clear that you have a tremendous erection for this film, but I'm not criticising it, I'm praising it. The film did over $200m in its opening weekend. The first film to ever achieve that.

I still think that The Dark Knight Rises is going to blow it away in terms of commercial, critical and lasting legacy though.
    I wasn't saying you were criticising it, I was simply disagreeing that Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk weren't some of Marvel's biggest characters.

Thor, Loki, Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Maria Hill...sure. But I wouldn't put the whole of the X-Men and the whole of the Fantastic Four above those other three. Other than Wolverine I couldn't imagine people were that familiar with the individual X-Men before that movie came out, and I can't imagine many non-comic-book-reading people could name the individual members of the Fantastic Four either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hulk's definately a big name considering his TV series from the 70's/80's. Im sure theres a whole generation of people who know who Hulk is before someone like Wolverine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I am sure at some point they will put all the big names in the Avengers just for the money.If Dc goes this route at some point I will be thrilled.After that imagine a DC vs Marvel movie. I know it is unlikely but if these movies continue to bring in record breaking money I would say there is a chance. We wouldnt see it for a decade though

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Marvel could even get back the rights for Spiderman, that would be enough for me. Sadly, I don't see that ever happening, especially when that franchise is being rebooted for what will surely be at least a trilogy. Harry on AICN ranted about how Marvel could cut some deal with Sony and Fox to put everyone in a mega-film, but that sounds like extremely wishful thinking. I'd love to see Marvel's take on the Fantastic Four, though.

Regardless, get Joss back for the sequel, add a couple of new heroes and/or villains, and I'll be there on opening day.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Hulk and Captain America are fairly well known especially Hulk. Its Iron Man who has been a bit B team that they turned into a star with the films. I think Marvel will at least get FF back by this time next year. It also won't shock me to see Spiderman back in the fold if it turns out to be less than stellar ie less than $250 million. I am sure the overseas markets will push it to that point, those guys are just eating these movies up. They are going to need to at least get some of the other heroes involved if they want to do
    Can imagine Wolverine vs. Hulk now? And yes, Joss needs to be back. He needs to be there if for anything else the script being tight and having the experience working with these guys. Damn did it show in X-3 when Singer was gone.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the sequel, Samuel L. Jackson should walk up to Hugh Jackman in a bar to recruit him...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see them ever getting Spidey and The X-Men/Wolvie rights back. Those properties are far too lucrative to drop, and this whole Avengers continuity will be done by the time they're dry enough for Fox/Sony to consider selling them back to Marvel. With Avengers, I'd love for them to give us a sequel to each of the individual franchises first, maybe start setting up Ant-Man/Wasp (which Edgar Wright has been on for a long time). And then get "The Avengers 2" up and running, hopefully with the want for it as high as this one was, with Joss back on board.

If they do go the route of the Infinity Gauntlet, then they only really need to set up Dr Strange (which is apparently the only hero other than Ant Man that they're looking at putting a film together for). I say that because he's the only real "magic" based character needed. They don't need Silver Surfer, or Adam Warlock or any of those that are actually in the story, it just needs stripping to its bare essentials. Evil guy with powerful glove can warp time and reality, someone with use of magic can distract him long enough to be beaten or disarmed. Done.

I'll be honest though, they've managed it so perfectly that I'd hate to see them ruin all of this for themselves by trying to cram too much. It's ridiculously lucky that it's all worked out so well as it has so far, even then they've already had to re-cast one minor character (War Machine) and one major character (Hulk). So it could be daft for them to keep opening the floodgates for more franchises, characters, and essentially actors to drop out and need replacing. I mean how long can the next Avengers wait when Robert Downey Jr is already 47...

As much as I can't wait for the next installments in these franchises, I'd be happy if it ended with the movie that's currently in cinemas. And if these sequels really do get underway, I'd be happy with it tying off at Avengers 2 and only with the existing heroes involved (maybe with War Machine and Bucky thrown in or something). I'm extremely happy with the six film run they've had so far, and if everything goes tits up with shitty movies, constant re-casting or whatever from here on out (which lets be honest, is far more likely to happen than Sony lending them Spider-Man and that addition making ANY sense in the current continuity) then I feel like at least this part of the run worked great and ties itself off at a decent ending.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War Machine should have flown in at the end, acted like he overslept said "I'm here guys!" and then hit Loki with the Ex-Wife. Nothing happens. All the Avengers say "BROOOOODY!" in a ThunderCats-like "Snarf!" moment where they're all clearly just embarrassed to be around him.

In terms of the individual movies, the only ones I want sequels to are Iron Man and Captain America. I really don't think they need another Thor movie and could have some cross-over anyway. Would actually love to see Black Widow in Capt 2. Liked the chemistry/vibe I got from Scarlett and Evans and think they could play very well together.
    Last edited by Atty; May 7th, 2012 at 1:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea that War Machine just sat this one out, after giving Stark the whole "take responsibility" lectures for two movies.

Just chilling at home whilst all over the news Manhattan is falling to shit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Him sitting there at home and watching on tv with some popcorn would have been a tremendous cut away. Or, at the height of the battle, cut to Don Cheadle asleep in bed and then back to the fight.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    You need Warlock if you want to do Infinity Gauntlet. He is the equal and opposite of
    He is also Mr. Expedition. I can see him in Thor either giving Thor a warning or showing up at the end. Thor is the cosmic/magic guy and if anyone can pop in for a visit to any of the films its him. If they do Ant-Man, they can easily have Ultron/Vision along with Wasp and probably Stark or Banner has resident sci nerd. Captain America 2 could have Hawkeye or Black Widow or even Fury in it with adding Falcon as part of the team. For the threat involved with the Gems, you are going to need a lot of characters if anything else to get mowed down to heighten the danger they are in. The question will be if

Disney is a giant entity and they are probably going to hit the billion mark with this film by the end of the month. First Class didn't do well at the box office, Ghost Rider tanked and Spiderman could easily be this year's Green Lantern. Fox and Sony may decided its better to play ball then have the Disney lawyers, who re-write copyright laws, up their ass.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't saying you were criticising it, I was simply disagreeing that Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk weren't some of Marvel's biggest characters.

Thor, Loki, Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Maria Hill...sure. But I wouldn't put the whole of the X-Men and the whole of the Fantastic Four above those other three. Other than Wolverine I couldn't imagine people were that familiar with the individual X-Men before that movie came out, and I can't imagine many non-comic-book-reading people could name the individual members of the Fantastic Four either.
    I dont really see what you are disagreeing with here. I didnt say that the characters they used were shit, I said that they were missing many of Marvel's biggest characters. Historically Spider Man is Marvel's biggest selling comic book character, in terms of comic books sales X-Men have sold SHITLOADS more comic books than Iron Man, Hulk and Thor put together recently (including since they started the Marvel film franchise). In fact with the exception of Avengers (usually vs X-Men) the X-Men comics are Marvel's biggest sellers by quite a distance. While Fantastic Four sells very comparably to Hulk and significantly more than Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm saying, is that aside from Spidey and anything involving Wolverine, The Avengers are some of Marvel's biggest characters.

I can't imagine anyone in the world not knowing who The Hulk is, or not being able to recognise Captain America.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I loved this film, knew I would as I'm a sucker for superhero stuff. Loved how all the characters got good screen time and how they all mixed together.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm saying, is that aside from Spidey and anything involving Wolverine, The Avengers are some of Marvel's biggest characters.

I can't imagine anyone in the world not knowing who The Hulk is, or not being able to recognise Captain America.
    I said that they did not use many (as in there are many of Marvel's biggest characters that they did not use)...and they didnt. Dont really see your point here mate.

I didnt say that the characters they used are not recognisable. I said that Spider Man and the X-Men are very recognisable comic book characters (and the F4), which they did not use in this film...which makes it all the more impressive how well this film has done.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    FFS

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    what's rattled your cage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone who'll rattle the cages, of course. someone like you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i assume he's as bored as I am with the simple misunderstanding about the nature of the phrase 'goes without some of Marvel's biggest characters'. I will spell it out.

Mik's interpretation of the phrase is: "some of Marvel's biggest characters are not present in this film. The film 'goes without' a group containing 'some of Marvel's biggest characters'".
    Guy's interpretation is: "The set of characters in the film does not contain any subset which could be classed 'some of Marvel's biggest characters'".

Both are reasonable interpretations. It is clear that Mik meant sense 1.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    God yes this was awesome. Midnight showing, with some boys from work, and we snuck beer in. Hell, after complaining that the theater was too packed, they opened another one and we got first pick of seats.

The movie itself rocked from start to finish. The story never slowed down or became uninteresting and everyone brought their a-game with their characters in this one. Loved all of the in-fighting (both physical and just team bickering) and character dialogue. The fighting itself was top notch and there were no wasted motions. Everyone got to showcase their skills and really showed off their unique styles and showed WHY we need a group like the Avengers, who all have different skills and uses in a big fight like that.

My ONE gripe? I don't recall anyone ever actually calling Clint, "Hawkeye"

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I'm fairly sure old professor whatsisface does in basically the first SHIELD underground scene of the film?

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back. What an excellent movie. I'll take this over the Nolan Batman's any day of the week, and I really do love the Nolan's Batman.

Joss finally figured out how to make a big ass movie. I thought the action sequences were perfect. He spent enough time on every character, and I never once felt like any of the Avengers were pushed to the back burner. Going in, I knew this was going to be Robert Downey's flick, but I thought Hulk stole the show. They FINALLY got the movie Hulk right, both in terms of looks and his portrayal. Ruffalo was great and I really hope they give him his own Hulk movie.

Also:

BTW, the X-Men (including Wolverine) are not bigger than the Hulk.
    Last edited by Jimmy Zero; May 7th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of general cultural awareness perhaps. But in terms of film and comic book box office draw the x-men have absolutely battered the Hulk, particularly over the past decade.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Granny knows who the Hulk is but I'd agree that he probably doesn't sell very much. When I was a big comic fan I was never tempted to buy or read a Hulk comic, because what was it going to offer me? His concept is a bit strange in that if he's meant to represent anger he doesn't cause very much collateral or do regrettable things, at least in the films.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Avengers shattered the previous record — held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 — by more than $38 million, an enormous sum. Even with the less rounded figure of $207.4, the magnitude of the action film’s domination had the seismic feel of an industry-changing event that forced everyone to stop and marvel.

But is The Avengers the most impressive record-breaking debut of all time? Yes, obviously, it broke the all-time opening weekend record, so by definition Joss Whedon’s Marvel mash-up is king of the mountain. But how does it compare to previous record-breakers, in terms of dominating its predecessor. For example, Deathly Hallows — Part II‘s opening weekend surpassed The Dark Knight by 6.8 percent. The Dark Knight, in turn, edged Spider-Man III by 4.8 percent. These records seemed like modest and inevitable progression, especially in light of higher ticket prices from 3-D and IMAX screens. But The Avengers‘ huge margin over the Deathly Hallows — Part II amounted to an impressive 22.6 percent increase.
    I still need to see it.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    I thought Hulk stole the show. They FINALLY got the movie Hulk right, both in terms of looks and his portrayal. Ruffalo was great and I really hope they give him his own Hulk movie.
    I'm sure I read in the papers last week that he's been signed to a six picture deal already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has, but he's also the only member of The Avengers who the producers have ummed and arred over in interviews about solo movies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really was impressed. I went in slightly excited due to the final trailer, but before that I had not been too interested in the Avengers. I liked the idea of an Avengers movie but the initial trailers and what I had read about the story made me feel it was going to be a bit of a shallow schmozz. I definitely did not think Loki made for a suitable villain, he did not seem nearly threatening enough, and his army appearing from space seemed like an overkill attempt to redress the balance. I was also worried it would try far too hard to be cool, that Black Widow would be nothing but a sex toy for the boys to fight over, and it would have the emotional depth of a teaspoon.

In other words I somehow had no idea Whedon was writing the thing. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Everybody had their time to shine and everybody had their sore spots poked at least a little bit. It did not take itself too seriously while carefully avoiding outright cheese. The stakes really were raised and Loki's plan was something that did warrant the Avengers, which had been my primary concern going in. I can't really add much more to what has been said already, but the movie just worked so well. ****. Can't really complain about it at all.
    The_Mike Presents: Death and Wrestling

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this again last night - it struck me even more this time just how good Ruffalo was as Banner. I'm still not overly convinced of the need for a lot of solo adventures for the Hulk. I like the way he was used in the Avengers, and I thnk I prefer him getting his brief moments to shine than having an entire film devoted to him. I really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk, but it falls down a bit at the end where they have to rely on two characters with occasionally dodgy CGI duking it out. Saying that, the CGI for Hulk in this film was the best yet.

Last edited by Chris; May 8th, 2012 at 3:18 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I saw this again last night - it struck me even more this time just how good Ruffalo was as Banner. I'm still not overly convinced of the need for a lot of solo adventures for the Hulk. I like the way he was used in the Avengers, and I thnk I prefer him getting his brief moments to shine than having an entire film devoted to him. I really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk, but it falls down a bit at the end where they have to rely on two characters with occasionally dodgy CGI duking it out. Saying that, the CGI for Hulk in this film was the best yet.

You could also make any version of sentiment or sentimental as well in that drinking game. I think a Hulk solo movie could be good, but he needs a Rick Jones to play off of or maybe someone like Dr. Strange or Namor. A lesser known hero who could go toe to toe with him if need be. I still would like to see Hulk vs. Wolverine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Iron Man 2 was announced, I kept telling friends that I wanted Hulk to be the final "villain". Not in the full on evil way, but have Banner in it, he works with Stark solves something and sets up Avengers, then something makes him angry and the finale is Stark having to get suited up for "Iron Man vs. Hulk."

Hulk is a very natural character to put in a series of movies. Doesn't have to even be "Hulk", but having Banner somewhere can play to his arc very nicely.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hulk vs could get a couple of decent films. Hulk vs Wolverine would be interesting.

Hulk vs MONSTER ISLAND is what I want.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post

When Iron Man 2 was announced, I kept telling friends that I wanted Hulk to be the final "villain". Not in the full on evil way, but have Banner in it, he works with Stark solves something and sets up Avengers, then something makes him angry and the finale is Stark having to get suited up for "Iron Man vs. Hulk."

Hulk is a very natural character to put in a series of movies. Doesn't have to even be "Hulk", but having Banner somewhere can play to his arc very nicely.
    Banner would have been a handy man to have around when you were creating a new element.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of general cultural awareness perhaps. But in terms of film and comic book box office draw the x-men have absolutely battered the Hulk, particularly over the past decade.
    But that doesn't necessarily mean that because the X-Men films have made more money than either Hulk movie, that the X-Men, as a group, are more popular than the Hulk. It could have to do with the fact that, in terms of quality, the Hulk movies just haven't been very good.

I have a hard time thinking a Wolvie vs. Hulk movie would be any good. The Wolverine in the movies is a bit of a weak pussy compared to comics Wolvie (don't get me wrong, I think Hugh Jackman has done a fantastic job portraying him), and they really haven't shown that he'd be remotely capable of going toe to toe with Hulk. I mean, in the first X-Men he loses consciousness when getting shot in the head by a standard police issue side arm, and Sabretooth (who's no Hulk) spends a good majority of their fights beating the utter shit out of him. The only time I feel like the movies have truly captured the deadly psychotic raging little man of the Wolverine from the comics was when he went off on the special forces guys who were invading the mansion in X2. Otherwise, through 4 movies, Wolverine has been a very watered down version of Wolverine in the comics.

Besides, I'd much rather see a Wolvie vs. Japan movie.
    Last edited by Jimmy Zero; May 9th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible Hulk was fine. Nowhere near the level of the first two X-Men movies, but fine.

Hulk Smashed...which is more than he managed in the Ang Lee movie.

His next movie would just need a purpose. There would need to be a reason for Hulk, unlike past attempts where he's chased, then gets angry when caught, smashes, repeat.

It'd be good to see him take on The Leader as set up from the previous movie. Especially with him being the guy who had successfully stopped an individual "Hulk out" moment. Perhaps he's done further research and could be the guy who stops Banner Hulking Out altogether, or maybe separates Hulk and Banner. Eventually leading to Hulk/Banner realising they need their combined strength and intelligence to beat him, possibly leading to the Banner-intelligence Hulk that we eventually got in the comics.

Either that or lob him into space to fight aliens on a gladiatorial planet..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Hulk vs could get a couple of decent films. Hulk vs Wolverine would be interesting.

Hulk vs MONSTER ISLAND is what I want.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    But that doesn't necessarily mean that because the X-Men films have made more money than either Hulk movie, that the X-Men, as a group, are more popular than the Hulk. It could have to do with the fact that, in terms of quality, the Hulk movies just haven't been very good.
    The X-Men comic books have sold significantly greater than the Hulk ones in the last ten years too. When it comes to paying audiences, X-Men is more popular than Hulk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not more popular than the combined sales of Hulk and The Avengers (starring Hulk) however.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats not exactly the same thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The X-Men aren't split between a number of comics like Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk are.

If you want to read a Cyclops story then you have to pick up X-Men, if you want to read a Rogue story then you have to pick up X-Men, if you want to read a Storm story, a Gambit story, a Magneto story, a Nightcrawler story, etc, etc, you have to pick up X-Men.

All of those individual Avengers characters are in a couple of series of books primarily about them separately. Cap has to hold a number of books by himself, as does Thor, as does Hulk, as does Iron Man. They're also split by sharing the multiple Avengers books (which obviously sells a boatload). So you can't really take the numbers of the X-Men, and then claim that that instantly makes them more popular than the individuals of The Avengers. You have to take the individual books of the Avengers AND merge them with the team Avengers books themselves in order to match the overall sales of say Iron Man appearances over the appearances of individual X-Men.

Other than Wolverine, no character from The X-Men has really been able to hold their own individual title, as well as share other titles. The X-Men numbers are the combined selling figures of about fifty different characters all crammed into one series of books whereas the Hulk, Cap, Iron Man and Thor selling figures are of ONE character each, spread/shared across a number of titles (one of which is The Avengers, holding it's own perfectly fine against the X-Men sales). It's a bit unfair to say that one well spread individual character "isn't as popular" as fifty different individual characters crammed into one book. As I say, on a cultural level, most people couldn't even tell you who half the X-Men are anyway.
    Last edited by Guy; May 9th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not an issue of fairness, surely it's an issue of accuracy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well either way The Avengers comics sells more the the X-Men comics, so that's still Avengers being above or equal to X-Men.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    All of the X-Men? Aren't there like 6 variations?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's as many variations as there are Avengers.

New Avengers
    Dark Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Avengers: Origins
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers Academy
    ....The Avengers
    Last edited by Guy; May 10th, 2012 at 2:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and my woman went and saw The Avengers yesterday as part of the many things we did for our anniversary. It was written very well. Had very good storyline continuity. They all had there chance to shine. The action was done really good. I don't thing there was anything negative I could say about the movie. This movie and The Dark Knight are my two favorite comic book movies i've seen so far. I can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises to come out. Does anyone know how much this movie has made so far? The last I heard it was at 207 million and climbing.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Last I heard on Monday was 700 million, I figure it will hit 1 billion by the end of the weekend or before it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just saw this tonight. Meh.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked it. Thought it had some genuinely funny moments and I liked Thor, CA, and Loki a LOT more than I did in their first movies. Ruffalo was the best Bruce Banner since Bill Bixby.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also dudes, I am not a comic book nerd. Who is the guy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    I liked it. Thought it had some genuinely funny moments and I liked Thor, CA, and Loki a LOT more than I did in their first movies. Ruffalo was the best Bruce Banner since Bill Bixby.

I think

Also dudes, I am not a comic book nerd. Who is the guy

Alf
    Bloody loved hulk in this.

"That's the thing... I'm always angry..." BANG

The Loki bit was incredible too. I was in with a fairly sedate crowd and people actually clappped (Mik) and cheered that bit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I imagine that going to a film with Mik feels ultra professional.

Intercontinental Champion Zyphlin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony
    was such an awesome moment for his character. Powerful scene, even though it lasts for a moment.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I explained your plot hole buddy.

Movie has passed $1b worldwide already. I'll be contributing to it again with another visit on Wednesday. Impressive stuff.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this. Haven't seen any of the lead up movies other than Iron Man 1 and 2 but it didn't matter too much, I still loved it. Great popcorn fun, exactly what it should be. I've never read any of the comic books but I was still marking out like crazy when they all came together for the final battle.

I like the dichotomy in comic book movies between Marvel and Nolan's styles (granted I haven't seen MOS so just talking about TDK trilogy). Both are really enjoyable in different ways, and if they all used the same style it'd probably be too much of the same.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    So, the Avengers 2 villain is

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, he's considered "the" avengers villain in the comics

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by mr sabu; July 21st, 2013 at 4:39 AM. Reason: ahh wrong stuff in wrong thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would assume yes. Where else would they bring him in?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, Ant-Man is slated to be released AFTER Avengers 2...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really?

It seems like they've been talking about making that movie for like 3 years now.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The special effects preview was done at Comic Con last year, but that was just test footage stuff. If Ant-Man is after Avengers 2 then maybe we get Vision in Ant-Man. With all the Guardian of the Galaxy characters being related to Thanos, I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish with Ultron when there really seems to be no set-up movie for it.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Maybe A2 is the setup for him, they create it to help them against Thanos or something, leading to it going horribly wrong in A3?

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so who would they use to set it up then

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading CBR they mention that Ultron doesn't necessarily have to be built by Pym in the movies, so it's not a given that he'll be in it. Bit shattered really, always liked Pym...

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poor ant-man... you where one of the founding avengers and now your creation isn't even yours

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Tony or SHIELD is going to make him. Pym gets to make Vision, maybe. I hate Ant-Man, so one less reason to see the film. Makes no sense not to do Thanos though.

Alf
    So they are going to try and eek out Thanos for the third one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanos is the bad guy in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Doesn't mean he won't make another appearance in an Avengers movie, I guess.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they still doing an Ant-Man movie? If so, I'd vote for where Ultron comes from not to be explained until then. Or have Pym as some scientist post-Iron Man Tony is working with, they create something bad, Tony has to come back and Pym later becomes Ant-Man for the same reason. Gives Pym a cameo and sets him up.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    So they are going to try and eek out Thanos for the third one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Film
    While most of the post-Comic-Con talk has revolved around the announcement of Ultron in The Avengers 2, Marvel’s other super-villain, Thanos, has slightly gone under the radar.

However, Kevin Feige conducted a quick interview with IGN after Marvel’s Hall H panel, and confirmed that Thanos would be appearing in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

“I think somebody on the Guardians panel let loose that Thanos is a part of the movie, which he is,” revealed Feige. “Thanos plays a part in Guardians, as the mastermind.”

“He very much exists on nearly another plane from any of the other characters,” continued Feige, “and we have big plans for him over a long long time.”

Perhaps a slow-build until he is confirmed as the villain of The Avengers 3? We're already looking forward to Comic-Con 2014!

Directed by James Gunn and co-starring Chris Pratt, Benicio del Toro and Glenn Close, Guardians Of The Galaxy will open in the UK on 1 August 2014.
    I'm guessing he'll be the Big Bad for Avengers 3, but will be pulling some strings along the way. He'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy and I'm sure he could pop up in a third Thor film as well. It's a shame that Silver Surfer isn't available for Marvel to use.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Can they not acquire the right back pretty soon for silver surfer? I assume that it's the same deal with fantastic four?

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all rights reverted to Marvel/Disney not that long ago, actually.

edit: Nope, it appears that FOX is rebooting the franchise (F4) in a 2015 release.
    Last edited by Miotch; July 22nd, 2013 at 6:25 PM.