0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Its already at nearly $2.2b apparently. Avatar currently sits at nearly $2.8b. And to think this wasnt even a December release.
    If you go by pure ticket sales though, it's got a ways to go but it's slowly climbing up there.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Avatar really that fucking dope? I mean, I thought it was a cool movie, especially at the theater in 3D. but 2.8 BILLION? And still not a single follow up after all this time.....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Was Avatar really that fucking dope? I mean, I thought it was a cool movie, especially at the theater in 3D. but 2.8 BILLION? And still not a single follow up after all this time.....
    I’ve never seen it, but I can see how the formula to amass that total is feasible. It was heavily promoted, was a movie that catered to all or most audiences, re-released, had the 3D element (when that was a bigger deal), and was seen as a technical masterpiece. If all of those click or come close, you're going to get a ton of people to see it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I’ve never seen it, but I can see how the formula to amass that total is feasible. It was heavily promoted, was a movie that catered to all or most audiences, re-released, had the 3D element (when that was a bigger deal), and was seen as a technical masterpiece. If all of those click or come close, you're going to get a ton of people to see it.
    When you see it, let us know if you think it's on that level. I guess for that time, what 10 years ago? I could see it just being this incredible MUST SEE movie. I don't know how many non-kiddy 3D movies they were shelling out at the time.... but it's the only movie other than Man of Steel that I've seen in a theater in 3D since I was 8 and my mom took me and my 5 year old brother to see "Freddy's Dead" lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you see it, let us know if you think it's on that level. I guess for that time, what 10 years ago? I could see it just being this incredible MUST SEE movie. I don't know how many non-kiddy 3D movies they were shelling out at the time.... but it's the only movie other than Man of Steel that I've seen in a theater in 3D since I was 8 and my mom took me and my 5 year old brother to see "Freddy's Dead" lol.
    Don’t hold your breath on an assessment from me lol. If I haven’t seen it yet and have no real desire to, it’s probably not happening.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Don’t hold your breath on an assessment from me lol. If I haven’t seen it yet and have no real desire to, it’s probably not happening.
    You should honestly check it out. I really liked it, not saying that's a reason to see it but it's not really a type of a movie that I"m super into myself. But it looks cool and I like the concept. I just hope the follow up is cool.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avatar was dope to see in theaters, it truly was a technical masterpiece and the only movie I would willingly prefer to see in 3D. I'm curious what James Cameron is cooking up for the sequels. There doesn't seem to be a big appetite for a sequel (let alone 4) from a story-perspective, so in my mind he needs to come with the visual goods again or else it could be a huge bust. The story of Avatar was solid but not outstanding sci-fi (not as bad as many people like to say but certainly not $2.8 billion good). The appeal was all about the visuals. You simply had to see it in theaters in 3D.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Avatar was dope to see in theaters, it truly was a technical masterpiece and the only movie I would willingly prefer to see in 3D. I'm curious what James Cameron is cooking up for the sequels. There doesn't seem to be a big appetite for a sequel (let alone 4) from a story-perspective, so in my mind he needs to come with the visual goods again or else it could be a huge bust. The story of Avatar was solid but not outstanding sci-fi (not as bad as many people like to say but certainly not $2.8 billion good). The appeal was all about the visuals. You simply had to see it in theaters in 3D.
    Do we know ANYTHING about these sequels. Are any of them not sequels and maybe one is a prequel because honestly that is the only interest I have in this story. At this point. If they show us the beginning, how we got there, how we developed the avatars, etc. then we have another huge huge movie on our hands....IF the interest is still there. Been awhile, sometimes you do a "part 2" so to speak 10-15 years later and after all the amazing shit we've seen since, it doesn't spark the interest like it used to.

Kind of like watching pro wrestling. You see a guy go through a table now it's like, cool story bro. Now you have to either fall from the rafters and die or lace it with fire, glass, HIV, etc. to get a true reaction lol.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If you go by pure ticket sales though, it's got a ways to go but it's slowly climbing up there.
    If you go by ticket sales, Gone with the Wind is the #1 movie.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I know what Wanda Vision is going to be...
    There's a critically acclaimed comic series where...

Last edited by Bill Casey; May 10th, 2019 at 7:28 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go by ticket sales, Gone with the Wind is the #1 movie.
    You just can’t compare that like for like though. The time was different. There wasn’t as much home entertainment.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot take. Infinity War is by far the greater of the final Avengers films. It does everything than End Game does, but bigger and better.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might have enjoyed Infinity War slightly more but I dont really like to compare the two. The two movies kinda had to be split up in the way that they were (with the snap happening right at the end of the first movie), meaning Infinity War was always going to be the more dense and unpredictable one of the two.
    The first one definitely had the better pacing, more shocking moments, and arguably the better movie overall in its own right. But the second one was clearly made to basically be the ribbon that tied up the previous movie with a nice ending. And taking that into account, Endgame did an amazing job as a finale.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hot take. Infinity War is by far the greater of the final Avengers films. It does everything than End Game does, but bigger and better.
    I don’t think this is a hot take really. I need to see Endgame again before I really make up my mind on it but my initial reaction was that it was not a top 5 MCU movie, and I will choose the linear movie over the more absurd time travel plot any day of the week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did vision not come back because of the altered timeline with the stones? Will he be back now?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vision is dead. The stone in his head has been atomised. He is unlikely to return.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was it atomised? Didn't the stones go back to their original timelines?

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They went back into the timeline, yes, which means that Thanos still hunts the stones down and takes it from Vision and then vaporizes them post-snap - which still happened...

Except not in the timeline where Thanos leaves 2014 to come fight the Avengers in the "present"....

...maybe...

...or does it not happen because of Loki escaping... my brain hurts.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    When was it atomised? Didn't the stones go back to their original timelines?
    The stones from the prime timeline were destroyed by Thanos.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    The stones from the prime timeline were destroyed by Thanos.
    Shouldn't anything post 2014 Thanos be negated? He shouldn't be able to destroy the stones in the revised timeline.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It’s things like this where Mik’s point rings true. While I enjoyed myself more watching Endgame. Infinity Wars will be better long run because the closer you look at Endgame the more questions there are.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having thought about it a bit, I guess it's "explained" by the "branches" part. Even if that gives me a headache.

The "current" timeline - the one in which the snap happened and 5 years past - that is "fixed". If they go back before then, it branches off from when they changed it but their "current" timeline to which they return will always be the same, post-snap, world. So Vision is dead.

Thanos coming back from 2014 won't change the "current" timeline because that created a new branch from 2014, in that new timeline Thanos doesn't hunt for nor acquire the stones - and a lot of the MCU probably doesn't unfold as it did in the current timeline.

In a way I think it's deliberately vague on some points because I imagine they're going to open up this multiverse/alternative realities for future plot purposes... A 'verse where Loki is alive and probably uses some fandangling to cross to 616.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't anything post 2014 Thanos be negated? He shouldn't be able to destroy the stones in the revised timeline.
    The stones were destroyed before 2014 Thanos got involved in the plot. 2018 Thanos destroyed them. This failure to get the stones led to the 5 year wait and then traveling to alternate timelines to obtain their stones.

2014 Thanos is from an alternate timeline. That timeline now no longer has to deal with Thanos, but we don't have to worry about that.

Killing 2014 Thanos does not affect the prime reality because the past is immutable. It already happened. Going back in time creates an alternate timeline where your actions affect things but has no effect on the timeline you came from.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind, she would still be dead.
    Last edited by Hurley; May 11th, 2019 at 3:29 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
    The stones were destroyed before 2014 Thanos got involved in the plot. 2018 Thanos destroyed them. This failure to get the stones led to the 5 year wait and then traveling to alternate timelines to obtain their stones.

2014 Thanos is from an alternate timeline. That timeline now no longer has to deal with Thanos, but we don't have to worry about that.

Killing 2014 Thanos does not affect the prime reality because the past is immutable. It already happened. Going back in time creates an alternate timeline where your actions affect things but has no effect on the timeline you came from.
    I'm not sure they can explain it that easily. If 2014 Thanos from an alternate timeline can't have any effect on the present, then the stones from those timelines shouldn't either. They would already be destroyed by that logic.

I think if you take out 2014 Thanos, then anything he has done past that point should be reversed. If you don't then you're saying they are able to change one thing from the alternate timelines, but nothing else?

And even if that's the case, then they fucked up by letting Captain America alter the current timeline with his aging.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    It’s things like this where Mik’s point rings true. While I enjoyed myself more watching Endgame. Infinity Wars will be better long run because the closer you look at Endgame the more questions there are.
    The questions are only there if you dont get it.

I think if you take out 2014 Thanos, then anything he has done past that point should be reversed. If you don't then you're saying they are able to change one thing from the alternate timelines, but nothing else?

And even if that's the case, then they fucked up by letting Captain America alter the current timeline with his aging.
    That's right and wrong. You have two timelines if 2014 Thanos is taken out. You have the timeline from 2014 where Thanos is no longer there (since he left and came to the main timeline that the movie is following, where the snap originally happened) and its here where things get reversed since he's no longer there doing the things he was about to go on to do.
    But then there's the main timeline that we're following in the movie. Nothing is reversed here because things have already happened, and time travel doesn't change that. Nothing can.

The way time travel is normally done in movies, if you change the past, it affects the future. If you go into the past and kill someone, then they no long exist in the future. Or if you had a tree outside your house and you went into the past to chop it down, if you then went back to the present, the tree should no longer be there.
    The way Marvel tackles time travel is different. Everything that's happened, stays that way. You can go back in time and change a million things, but nothing will change in the future where you came from. While you're changing things in the past, "your future" isn't suddenly seeing random things magically being altered with stuff appearing or disappearing out of thin air. But what does happen is that the past where you're making the changes, will now see a different chain of events that leads them to a future that looks different from the one you came from. So there's two timelines now. Your one, where nothing ever changed from how you originally knew things. And then there's an alternative timeline where you went into the past to make changes, and that lead them down a path to a future that's different from your original one.
    That's why you can't go in past and kill baby Thanos to save your present. Your present will stay the same (with the post-snap world), but that alternative timeline in the past where you kill baby Thanos will have been saved as they now go into their own future without a Thanos.

This is also why you can't just go into the past and "bring back" Iron-Man. Because if you do that, our main timeline now has an Iron-Man, but that past no longer has one. There's now an alternative timeline where there's still a Pepper Pots, Avengers, SHIELD, etc who have to deal with life without an Iron-Man that you took away from them. This is why Captain America has to go back to the past and put the infinity stones exactly where they found them or else the timelines the stones were borrowed from will have to live without them (which I guess they can't do).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can't change the future by changing the past...
    It's why they can't go back in time to kill baby Thanos...

And also why Nebula can straight up shoot herself and be fine...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would have liked it if they used quantum superposition, but that's harder for people to wrap their heads around than the simple solution...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll draw you a diagram tomorrow. It is not that hard to understand.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand everything you are saying, but it doesn't explain how Captain America can change his outcome in the current timeline. It doesn't follow the same logic. Unless there is something I am missing?

The whole Thanos ordeal is fine if someone can explain this to me.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand everything you are saying, but it doesn't explain how Captain America can change his outcome in the current timeline. It doesn't follow the same logic. Unless there is something I am missing?

they didnt give enough information for how he showed up there at the end, so the only way it conflicts is by omission, which is hardly a breaking point. he easily could have traveled back to the avengers timeline from the alternate timeline he had stayed with peggy in cause he knew that's where his path would end and would be the spot to give sam the shield. what exactly do you mean by 'change his outcome?'

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Russo Brothers...

“The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don’t know how exactly his life turned out, but I’d like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two Captain Americas in that reality. It’s just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created a new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

Both Ancient One and Hulk were right. You can’t change the future by simply going back to past. But it’s possible to create a different alternate future. It’s not butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.”

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He went back to see Peggy Carter in 1945 after he returned all the stones and mjolnir. He lived his life with her for years until she died and he aged. Then he bipped back to sit on a bench and give Sam the shield.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy it. It's the current day Captain America you are following, which means in this timeline he has been frozen and can't age. If he goes back in time, he can't create an alternate timeline with himself, it would have to be the CA of the past (ie Thanos 2014) who would come back. He wouldn't even know who Sam is. He also didn't come back through the portal like everyone else, so how did he time travel back to a bench? It seems like he lived his life and then just showed up where he knew they would be.

Either the current day Captain America went back in time and filled his old self in on 70+ years of events and taught him to time travel and then killed himself, or he was able to influence the future in his own storyline.

I may be thinking Captain America can't age, which probably isn't correct? But he would still have to kill his old self. And then find an alternate means of time travel.
    Last edited by Hurley; May 12th, 2019 at 9:23 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time travel in the MCU is predicated on the fact that you cannot alter your past. It already happened. Instead if you go back to that point you create an entirely new timeline. Your actions affect that timeline but do not affect the timeline you came from because it already happened for you. If you take something from another timeline you can use it in your timeline when you jump back but that doesn't mean it vanishes from your own past (until you bring it back).

Does that make sense now?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It always has. There's just more to it than you care to admit.

The reality of the situation is you're telling me you can't change the future with time travel. How is aging yourself 70 odd years not changing the fact that he was frozen in time? It's only 30 seconds in real time.

The alternate timelines were only in place when one stone was taken out of it's original path as well. If he put them back then no alternate timeline should exist and that's no longer a logical explanation.

And if it is your explanation then what happens to the real captain America? It would be the 1945 version who created the alternate timeline, correct?(Just like the 2014 Thanos). He wouldnt know anyone if he time looped over. If it's the real Captain America then how do they explain why there has been 2 people kicking around for 70 odd years?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It always has. There's just more to it than you care to admit.

The reality of the situation is you're telling me you can't change the future with time travel. How is aging yourself 70 odd years not changing the fact that he was frozen in time? It's only 30 seconds in real time.
    The Steve Rogers from the 1945 timeline is still a capcicle. There are two of them. One who is native to that timeline, one who travelled back after returning all the stones. The Steve Rogers that aged 80 years is the Captain America from our universe. The Steve Rogers native to that timeline was presumably left under the ocean until he would have been unfrozen at the same time as in the prime timeline to ensure he would be there for the events to come in the 2000s.

The alternate timelines were only in place when one stone was taken out of it's original path as well. If he put them back then no alternate timeline should exist and that's no longer a logical explanation.
    This is where you're confused. I can see why you think that, given The Ancient One's wording but any instance of time travel creates an alternate timeline. The time travel version used is based on the many worlds interpretation, where there's countless alternate universes created based on different decisions and outcomes. Quantum physics is weird.

And if it is your explanation then what happens to the real captain America? It would be the 1945 version who created the alternate timeline, correct?(Just like the 2014 Thanos). He wouldnt know anyone if he time looped over. If it's the real Captain America then how do they explain why there has been 2 people kicking around for 70 odd years?
    What do you mean by the real Captain America? The one from our timeline, or the one native to the timeline he went to?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the one from the movie timeline. Which I guess just means they had to explain there being 2 versions of the same person. I may have to go back and watch the original Captain America.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure what the question or the confusion is.
    There's time dilation when travelling. For example when Ant-Man was stuck in the quantum realm for 5 years, it felt like a lot less to him. Cap lived out a whole life in the alternative timeline and came back to the main timeline looking old. It may have seemed like 30 seconds from the main timeline's perspective, but he actually experienced all those years from his end.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the one from the movie timeline. Which I guess just means they had to explain there being 2 versions of the same person. I may have to go back and watch the original Captain America.
    what do you think the first movie is going to tell you? the events of the first captain america film have zero connection to anything involving cap's going back in time and staying with peggy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point was never that the timelines didn’t make sense. Just that the film was a case of ‘been there done this’. The whole middle third was just like a nostalgic trip down memory lane for a best clips show of previous favourites and the whole finale was a ‘will Thanos get the glove on’ again, just smaller, with less people and less interesting than in Infinity War. The first half hour and the last half hour were the only bits that felt remotely fresh and the two hours in the middle were just a bog standard marvel film.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure what the question or the confusion is.
    There's time dilation when travelling. For example when Ant-Man was stuck in the quantum realm for 5 years, it felt like a lot less to him. Cap lived out a whole life in the alternative timeline and came back to the main timeline looking old. It may have seemed like 30 seconds from the main timeline's perspective, but he actually experienced all those years from his end.
    There is no confusion. I understand all that is being said. I just find there to be inconsistencies. Like this post...

30 seconds for Cap is 80 years
    5 years for ant man is 30 seconds

There could be an explanation I missed?

I'm fine on the Captain America situation as well. I guess I just didn't really expect the explanation to be "well there were 2 captain America's kicking around for 80 years".

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no confusion. I understand all that is being said. I just find there to be inconsistencies. Like this post...

30 seconds for Cap is 80 years
    5 years for ant man is 30 seconds

There could be an explanation I missed?

I'm fine on the Captain America situation as well. I guess I just didn't really expect the explanation to be "well there were 2 captain America's kicking around for 80 years".
    lang was stuck inside the quantum realm the whole time. he never got out and into another timeline. cap did. the concept of time working slower is only true for inside the quantum realm. cap popped out, spent 70 years living, popped back in, arrives back where he originally left, but his travel time within the realm is only 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Morrison; May 12th, 2019 at 7:06 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80 years for cap is 80 years. He went back to dance with Peggy. He stayed there in a parallel timeline until the 2010s. The Quantum realm being weird with time is not the reason he came back as an old man. He came back old because he stuck around in that timeline for 80 years.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    the whole finale was a ‘will Thanos get the glove on’ again, just smaller, with less people
    Don't you mean bigger, with more people?
    I counted thirty superheroes and six armies...

That 30 minute battle was some Lord of the Rings shit...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; May 12th, 2019 at 7:58 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The battle in Infinity War built up properly, this was just like a series of quick cameos. The ‘we’ve got this’ section with the female superheroes all put together was honestly embarrassing. Way too on the nose, subtlety of a sledgehammer.

I genuinely likes End Game. But would struggle to put it top 5 in marvel films.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion is the Universe we are watching is one where Captain America always went back in time and laid low. Two Captain Americas at the time of the snap.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    My opinion is the Universe we are watching is one where Captain America always went back in time and laid low. Two Captain Americas at the time of the snap.
    well that's wrong. this isn't really an opinion based thing...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    well that's wrong. this isn't really an opinion based thing...
    Ok my theory is.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my theory is.
    im not trying to be semantical here. the russo's have already said old cap came back from a different timeline to give sam his shield. in the timeline where the snap happened there was only one captain america, the one we followed since the first avenger. we just had pages of this thread going over this. im saying it's not opinion-based or a theory cause we've already been given the answer.
    Last edited by Morrison; May 14th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the FUCK does Captain America's shield just happen to bounce straight back to him EVERY single TIME?

I mean come on.

Will Falcon be able to make it do that

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Clarence can kill Eminem with it for dissing him for the fact that he went to Cranbrook, that's a private school.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not trying to be semantical here. the russo's have already said old cap came back from a different timeline to give sam his shield. in the timeline where the snap happened there was only one captain america, the one we followed since the first avenger. we just had pages of this thread going over this. im saying it's not opinion-based or a theory cause we've already been given the answer.
    For what it's worth, the writers of Endgame and the Captain America movies subscribe to Stocky's theory:

Perhaps the most hotly debated Endgame plot point is the fate of Captain America, who travels back in time to live out his life with Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell). 2014's Captain America: The Winter Soldier established that Peggy had a husband and two kids, and some fans have theorized that Steve Rogers secretly was this husband all along. Others have stated that Steve created an alternate timeline when he went back to live with Peggy, and somehow got back to the mainline MCU as an old man.

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along.

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," said McFeely.

Added Markus: "It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...theory-1209241

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, the writers of Endgame and the Captain America movies subscribe to Stocky's theory:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...theory-1209241
    if this is the case then captain america makes out with his niece in civil war. so sure, that scenario seems highly likely.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if this is the case then captain america makes out with his niece in civil war. so sure, that scenario seems highly likely.
    I mean you're right but it's funny that the writers of the movie subscribe to that other theory. They're the damn writers, shouldn't they know?

I still don't know how he got to that bench without appearing in the machine though. Is there a consensus theory on this?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had the mentality of a 1940's guy and back in that day it was completely acceptable to make out with your niece.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean you're right but it's funny that the writers of the movie subscribe to that other theory. They're the damn writers, shouldn't they know?

I still don't know how he got to that bench without appearing in the machine though. Is there a consensus theory on this?
    they're talking out their asses to appease fan theories that havent actually been thought out cause it sounds like a cute idea. saying shit like 'it was always our intention that steve was peggy's husband and the father of her kids' is such bull, cause if that was the case, why do you have sharon carter not recognize a younger version of her uncle? and if old cap was kept a secret from EVERYONE, why would you want 'young steve rogers unknowingly makes out with his niece' to eventually become a plotpoint from the films. there was no thought behind it whatsoever.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean making out with his ex-girlfriend's niece wasn't really a great look anyways.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cap and Tony didn't need the platform when they jumped from 2012 to 1970...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I mean making out with his ex-girlfriend's niece wasn't really a great look anyways.
    Technically she was never his girlfriend. Black Widow was more of his gf than Peggy.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this fits in this particular thread but I had no clue they were doing a "What If?" series on the Disney+ Those were some of my favorite comics growing up and I'm super curious about this show.

Also, do we know if this was the last Avengers movie?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I read that this will not be the last Avengers movie, but it will be the last with this group of Avengers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I thought I read that this will not be the last Avengers movie, but it will be the last with this group of Avengers
    I heard something like that as well I just wasn't sure if we were ever going to get an actual Avengers movie again or if it'd just be something where we know so and so are all part of it they just don't do a big ass movie.

I just hope they bring in Wonder Man and Captain Britain. USAgent was cool.

Right now who do you think we'd call the NEW Avengers, and I wonder if they mean the core group but would still obviously include Scarlet Witch, Falcon, ?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd also include Ant Man, the new brainy Hulk, the new Cap America, Cap't Marvel, the new Iron Man, not sure about Spider Man

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You'd also include Ant Man, the new brainy Hulk, the new Cap America, Cap't Marvel, the new Iron Man, not sure about Spider Man
    Are they going to rock with a new Iron Man?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they going to rock with a new Iron Man?
    I doubt it, but maybe eventually we get Tony’s kid as iron man. But yes there will be more Avengers movies. The new group would be:

Black Panther
    Spider Man
    Captain Marvel
    Falcon/Captain America
    Ant Man and The Wasp
    Scarlett Witch
    Shang-Chi
    Hulk, War Machine and Bucky could hang around if they want

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they hinted at another iron man with the suit he was making. Might be pepper.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it, but maybe eventually we get Tony’s kid as iron man. But yes there will be more Avengers movies. The new group would be:

Black Panther
    Spider Man
    Captain Marvel
    Falcon/Captain America
    Ant Man and The Wasp
    Scarlett Witch
    Shang-Chi
    Hulk, War Machine and Bucky could hang around if they want
    I'm starting to read up mor eon Shang-Chi. I don't remember him much growing up and just by reading the wiki page on him he wasn't really around when I was growing up so that explains a lot. I like that he's in the mix with Iron Fist and those stories. I like that from the sounds of it he's like Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man but seriously skilled in martial arts. Very exciting to see how they pull this off. I LOVE martial arts, to see a character soaked up in that stuff will be incredible.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and I forgot the Guardians, they're still in the mix of course (although not usually hanging out on earth)

I'm sure they hinted at another iron man with the suit he was making. Might be pepper.
    character wise I just wouldn't see her suiting up and putter herself in danger being a single mom now

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember, and this happened in the movies as well, but Tony would operate the suit from his base. I wonder if they will do something like that instead of someone taking up the mantle. I'm not even that familiar with Iron Man, did they ever do a storyline where he wasn't Iron Man any more? Like how they legit had Falcon become Captain America in the comics, did they do anything like that with Iron Man beyond a one-shot with someone using the suit?

For example, I bought a comic that came out I think this year or late last year where Punisher stole either Iron Man's suit or War Machine's it's been a minute. And SHIELD is hunting him down, it's pretty cool. Not as cool as Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what suit?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what suit?
    The one the daughter was playing with in the tent

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one the daughter was playing with in the tent
    it was the rescue helmet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. That's what I meant by another iron man. I guess not technically iron man.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There's an idea floating around the web that I like. The MCU splitting off into two major crossover events...

One major Earth event, that would feature the likes of...

- Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    - The Winter Soldier
    - Black Panther
    - Spider-Man
    - Shang-Chi
    - Scarlet Witch
    - War Machine
    - Professor Hulk
    - Nick Fury
    - Ant Man & The Wasp

And one major Cosmic event, that would feature...

- Captain Marvel
    - Thor
    - Doctor Strange
    - Guardians of the Galaxy
    - The Eternals
    - Nova
    - Adam Warlock

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just watched Endgame. I thought Infinity War was insanely over-hyped and not as good as people made it out to be, but I enjoyed Endgame quite a bit. Felt like a nice satisfying close to the story they’ve been telling since 2008.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught Endgame again tonight. I needed to see it a second time in theater, and it was marvelous. Better for me on second viewing and it's in the discussion for my favorite MCU movie. I don't think there's a single scene I would cut. It used all 3 hours spectacularly.

This should be the film that breaks the barrier of action/adventure movies and wins Best Picture at the Oscars. If it gets shut out of both Best Picture and Best Actor for RDJ, that will be a travesty.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone buy Endgame yet and if so, does the Blu Ray/Digital version come with a DVD? I haven't found anything other than a stand alone DVD copy but I'm trying to see if there's any that come with both Blu ray and DVD. I know in the past I've bought movies that said "Blu Ray/Digital" but then a DVD copy was included, just not listed.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Finally catching up to this for a second time with the recent bluray release. Saw it only a month or so ago for the first time and it wasn't a comfortable watch given my company at the time, and been busy enough to keep me away from a proper second viewing, until tonight.

Holy cannoli was that enjoyable. Those who've called it satisfying couldn't be more succinctly accurate. For all that it's asked to call back on and tie up, for all of it's kinda epic obligations so to speak, this thing hits such a monumental home run. It's not at all the best mcu piece, hell it's not even the best avengers-centric title, but it delivers so emphatically where the ridiculous volume of previous lead in material sets it up that it's really kinda astounding.

Rambling a bit now and so enough ... just so content with having now properly finished off the most epic display of franchise cinema that I think anyone could have ever imagined.

What a genuinely fun entertainment journey this was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Finally catching up to this for a second time with the recent bluray release. Saw it only a month or so ago for the first time and it wasn't a comfortable watch given my company at the time, and been busy enough to keep me away from a proper second viewing, until tonight.

Holy cannoli was that enjoyable. Those who've called it satisfying couldn't be more succinctly accurate. For all that it's asked to call back on and tie up, for all of it's kinda epic obligations so to speak, this thing hits such a monumental home run. It's not at all the best mcu piece, hell it's not even the best avengers-centric title, but it delivers so emphatically where the ridiculous volume of previous lead in material sets it up that it's really kinda astounding.

Rambling a bit now and so enough ... just so content with having now properly finished off the most epic display of franchise cinema that I think anyone could have ever imagined.

What a genuinely fun entertainment journey this was.
    I honestly liked it better the 2nd time. And the ending just hit me even harder after knowing full well 3+hrs prior how it would end.

What I find fascinating after all these ensemble cast type Marvel movies is how well they balance everyone. Not saying that everyone gets the same amount of time on camera, but just how they know when and where to put people.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Marvel Fans Honor Iron Man’s Endgame Death With Monument In Italy (For Real)

and from the actual plaque..

The first monument dedicated to Iron Man in the year of his death in the cinematic world, we celebrate Tony Stark as a man who dedicates his life’s fortunes to fight for the ideals he believes in … reminding us that we are all the protagonists of our time - that the future of humanity depends on our decisions … that all of us must be heroes!

..fuck it, Americans have a statue of Rocky.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Marvel Fans Honor Iron Man’s Endgame Death With Monument In Italy (For Real)

and from the actual plaque..

..fuck it, Americans have a statue of Rocky.
    We also have a statue of Superman in Metropolis, IL

How long before someone complains about it saying "The American Way"? Lol

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pretty nice, this..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chills

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fine. I dunno. I love the MCU but I'm not sure I need this one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fine. I dunno. I love the MCU but I'm not sure I need this one.
    We needed this one about 3-4 years ago imo. It really is a shame how few female characters get a solo movie. A lot of them do get major roles in the movies (mostly in the X-Men franchise), but I would have liked to have seen a Black Widow stand alone sometime shortly after Age of Ultron. It made sense when they started pulling back the curtain of her backstory AND with Agent Carter introducing what appeared to be the same type of assassins.

It looks cool. I'm not a fan of Taskmaster's look but 90% of comic book movies have at least 1 person I'm like, wtf are they wearing that shit looks jank!! But it'll be good. Scarlett is a great actress, and does a wonderful job as Black Widow.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; December 4th, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting. The trailer got better as it went along and got me more interested. I'd actually think about going to see it at the theater.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I want to know is....Will we ever find out what happened between her and Hawkeye in Budapest?????? That's always been the running theme with those 2, Budapest this, Budapest that, Budapest sent me a snap chat..........

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some new footage mixed with stuff from the first trailer. I’m not super hyped and don’t think they’re picking particularly memorable or interesting dialogue for the trailer. But the character is long overdue a film and I think it’ll be good. It looks like the action is skewing more towards the style of Winter Soldier and Civil War, which is a good thing after all the intergalactic battles at the end of the Infinity Saga.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Caught Endgame a few days ago, Amazing. I can and have been accused of being somewhat robotic and cold emotionally but Iron Mans death got me a bit, My tin heart felt something for the first time since Marley and me

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Some new footage mixed with stuff from the first trailer. I’m not super hyped and don’t think they’re picking particularly memorable or interesting dialogue for the trailer. But the character is long overdue a film and I think it’ll be good. It looks like the action is skewing more towards the style of Winter Soldier and Civil War, which is a good thing after all the intergalactic battles at the end of the Infinity Saga.
    I'm in. I like this trailer more than the first one. The action and cinematography look really cool- it reminds me of a Goldeneye era Bond flick. The corny "water weight" joke aside, it looks like a fun action thriller with some stunning set pieces.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't be the only person waiting to see this mostly for the post-credits scene which will tease how to bring her back, surely?

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in it for that. We're guessing the magic soul stone reveal? Maybe Gamora's there too?

And the trademark ScarJo battle hurricanrana.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's optimistic of you. I don't think she's coming back personally and that's part of why it's hard for me to care about this movie. I think it ought to have come out during the period of the other solo flicks. Her death would have held more weight if we knew more about the character. Having said that, this flick's timing would make a lot more sense if it was a set up for her to return...

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm all in it for that. We're guessing the magic soul stone reveal? Maybe Gamora's there too?
    Given the space, magic and fantastical nature of many of the upcoming MCU films, I'd be amazed if we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    And the trademark ScarJo battle hurricanrana.
    Booyaka, booyaka!

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Having said that, this flick's timing would make a lot more sense if it was a set up for her to return...
    Yep. I have a slight inkling that Phase 4 is going to have the overarching story of saving Black Widow.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t see them undoing both Gamora and Natasha’s deaths. Marvel are already playing fast and loose with the decisions they made in Infinity War and Endgame. They’ve found ways of giving us more Loki and Vision. Nat has a nice arc in Endgame, even if the film could have spent a little more time dealing with her loss. She’s fully accepted the Avengers as her family and is the one holding the fort when the other original members do their own thing in the post-snap world. She’s the one who brings Clint back from the dark side. Her sacrifice wipes out all the red in her ledger.

Ideally, I would have loved a Black Widow movie with the same time period in between Civil War and Infinity War, but as an inverse of Winter Soldier. Nat as the star, with Cap and Falcon along for the ride and popping up for the action set-pieces. I just want to see them running around and having adventures during their outlaw phase. And watch Cap’s glorious beard grow over the course of the film.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamora has no need to be brought back since the time traveling version of herself is now in our universe. She’s already effectively been brought back.

I am not at all expecting Black Widow to be resurrected. They’ve made comments to the effect of the soul stone sacrifices being irreversible. And I don’t think they need her in the MCU anymore. She had a long enough run between the Iron Man, Cap and Avengers flicks. I see this movie having a nice send off for her at the end that links it back to Endgame but not a resurrection.

With Cap and Tony already gone, and a new era being ushered in including Black Panther, the Eternals and Shang Chi, I really don’t see phase 4 being focused on bringing back Natasha. Her story is over, IMO. On with the new.