User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe films

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Considering how well Wonder Woman did I doubt it.

One has to think A-it's just a website and B-not every Marvel movie is going to be a smash. I'm not big on the Iron Man solo movies, but I love him in pretty much every other Marvel movie.

To be honest, I'm not exactly jumping through hoops to see Capt Marvel. If it wasn't part of this saga, I'm not sure how excited I would be especially when this Capt Marvel I'm not even that familiar with.
    we're talking about internet trolls who do "review bombing", not people's actual thoughts on the movie.

I'm not that psyched for it either, I think the commercials are just okay but as I stated somewhere earlier I plan to see it because I need to see it before seeing Endgame

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    we're talking about internet trolls who do "review bombing", not people's actual thoughts on the movie.

I'm not that psyched for it either, I think the commercials are just okay but as I stated somewhere earlier I plan to see it because I need to see it before seeing Endgame
    My bad. I don't really dabble in Rotten Tomatoes or websites like it. IMDB I use just for knowledge, don't really care if a movie gets a 20 star tomato rating or whatever the fuck lol. I just figured you were meaning people were shitting on it simply because the movie is centered around a female character.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's because she said how she wished her press tour involved *more* interviews with people who weren't white men *or women* more or less. Not just the centered around a female character. because as has been said Wonder Woman killed it.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much in the same boat.

It's the first Marvel film I'm not incredibly excited about seeing since (I had to check) Thor: The Dark World. The trailers are okay, what I know of her is mildly interesting, but it's an origin story and they're not normally amazing.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    It's because she said how she wished her press tour involved *more* interviews with people who weren't white men *or women* more or less. Not just the centered around a female character. because as has been said Wonder Woman killed it.
    lol.

Who does she think watches/reviews/cares about these movies? Yes, let's just find any gay black woman to "interview" about a movie they don't give a shit about.....

It's like, do you want someone who loves country and reviews country music to be part of a Q&A with Slipknot to add "diversity" to the panel? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Pretty much in the same boat.

It's the first Marvel film I'm not incredibly excited about seeing since (I had to check) Thor: The Dark World. The trailers are okay, what I know of her is mildly interesting, but it's an origin story and they're not normally amazing.
    The one downside I can tell you right now without getting too nerd about this character is there is no way this movie will do the origin story justice because there is so much that happens before this particular Capt Marvel takes the mantle. But that's just me nitpicking like an old man.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The one downside I can tell you right now without getting too nerd about this character is there is no way this movie will do the origin story justice because there is so much that happens before this particular Capt Marvel takes the mantle. But that's just me nitpicking like an old man.
    This was also true of Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Ant Man...
    Each of their origins stories came with a rich history attached, and is about a new protagonist picking up an old mantle...

I'd argue it's better because now you have backstory and lore and history and mystery...
    Star Wars started on Episode IV, about as far into the end of the story as you could get...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; February 27th, 2019 at 7:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was reading how Captain Marvel was poised to gross 150 million it's first weekend, but it sounds like the movie is meh. The bullet points I've gathered are:

- First act is good.
    - Samuel Jackson is the best character.
    - Brie Larson is not good.
    - There is an undertone of white men being seen as holding women back.
    - It's probably among the bottom half of the MCU films.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how anyone could think the first act was the best part. The expository dialogue in the first fifteen minutes is terrible. The movie gets much better once she gets to earth and meets Nick Fury.

I thought Mendelsohn had the best performance.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am seeing it tomorrow.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based off what I've heard from reviews, I'm actually more interested to see how it actually is.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just back from Captain Marvel. Really disappointing. As an origin story, it’s completely conventional and nothing you haven’t seen before. For a film that is meant to be so symbolic for women, Jackson and a cat completely upstage Larson. She’s fine but has nothing to really work with. Having her spend the whole film trying to work out who she is, and in such a convoluted way, was a huge mis-step. She has no memorable dialogue scene or any chance to really show her acting. She’s sassy, but bordering on a little annoying on occasion.

The action scenes are forgettable. I thought the final battle was totally flat because the character is just so over-powered. There’s no jeopardy. I’m really intrigued to see how she’s handled in Avengers: Endgame. I imagine the Russos will work their magic as they always do and maybe she’ll slot in perfectly as someone who can have a Wakanda moment like Thor.

The film definitely gets better once Danvers meets Fury. There’s a nice buddy element and some good laughs here and there. But on the whole, it’s bland. Even the 90s setting is completely arbitrary. They don’t lean into it enough, but when they do the song choices just seem obvious and on-the-nose. It’s not a bad film, but I was surprised by how meh it was. Don’t think I’d ever need to watch it again and I’m gutted as I love the MCU.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I just got out of this. Wasnt bad wasnt great. They rushed her evolution a bit from going from blasty hands to omfg I am superman. They did well enough for me though that I will mark when her and thanos throw down. Assuming thanks will know exactly who she is and one would expect it will be the first time we see fear in his eyes.

Anywho, the cat stole the show for me. So glad to see CGI face Coulson running about as well. Wish he could have been brought in a bit more as that was kinda his origin story too.

People were pissed about the 2nd end credit scene. Several grumbles about waiting all that time for that.

Loved the face to face in the first end credit scene though.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The second end credit scene is typically the more humorous one anyways.

I agree with the critique that it was a middling Marvel movie. It wasn't Thor 2 but after the last set of Marvel movies it was definitely a let down. I think my biggest issue is that it really just felt like the first Iron Man. Her powers are obviously stronger, but when the villains she's fighting are stronger then it all just comes out as a wash and we've seen Iron Man fight so many times that it just doesn't feel new.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it. Felt similar to Guardians of the Galaxy with the alien element and retro soundtrack but I agree the 90s soundtrack could have been better than the songs they chose (the Guardians soundtrack was bangin, this one not so much). Still, this was just a small notch below Guardians 1 IMO (granted I wasn't as big a fan of Guardians as most). Pretty standard Marvel fare.

6.9/10

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it. Being in the middle of Bill Casey's rewatch thread, I reckon it fits in well with the Phase One stories. Did alright as an origin story.

I enjoyed Vers' sense of humour. The sarcasm is very 1990s.
    Last edited by Simmo Fortyone; March 10th, 2019 at 8:21 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even after watching the movie it still begs the question, why does Fury wait so long to call for her help in Infinity War?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Or the first Avengers even. Aliens invading, should I contact the person who first proved to me aliens exist?

I mean the real answer is obviously they didn't know for sure whether they'd get to introducing her at the time of the first Avengers. Will probably be explained in a comic one-shot.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's what I mean. So much has happened since the early movies and its only now that Fury bothered to call her.

Regarding the movie itself, I'm with everyone who're basically saying "it was good, but not that good". The bar has been set high with the MCU so I'm OK with the occasional movie not living up to expectations. My gripe is that considering Captain Marvel is apparently rumoured to be the focal point going into the new phase (after we move on from Iron Man, Captain America, etc), they should've made a better effort with this IMO. So while I'm OK with them making one or two average movies, I was disappointed with this being one of them.

The problem for me was not any one thing. I thought the humour wasn't that good, the story itself just felt like it was going through the motions, and IMO Fury stole the spotlight in the movie. This actually makes me wish they'd make a Nick Fury solo movie.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slash Film asked Kevin Feige about the pager.

Peter: I have my nitpicky question I gotta ask you.

Kevin Feige: I’m ready.

Peter: And I know you probably have an answer for this. Why didn’t Nick Fury not use the pager until Infinity War? Because this big hole opened up in the sky and aliens attacked New York City.

Kevin Feige: Well, I’d say two things. One, she does say it’s gotta be a real emergency, right? Yeah.

Peter: Because that was just a city. I guess that’s not the world.

Kevin Feige: The other thing I’d say is how do you know he never hit it? How do we know he never pushed it before? We’ve never seen him push it before. That doesn’t mean he never did.

Peter: Good answer.
    I think the interviewer answered the question more than Feige did and it was a weak answer. Loki was planning to enslave the world - it wasn't an attack on a single city. It just started in that one city. The tide was turning against the Avengers before Stark carried the nuke through the wormhole. In fact the shadowy government figures were going to wipe out New York just to try and stop the threat. I'd say that counts as an emergency.

Maybe we will get something that explains why he didn't use the pager or how he did use it and Danvers didn't or couldn't respond. But it seems like an odd thing to write themselves into a corner with, by setting Captain Marvel in the 90s and giving Fury a clear means of contacting her well in advance of the first big alien threat. Did Fury even know that it wasn't just people on the street who were disappearing at the end of Infinity War - that the entire universe was being halved? I also think that it's interesting to take him off the board for at least part of Endgame, instead of continuing that pairing with Danvers and helping to bring her into the group. They've deliberately kept the original Avengers around, possibly because some will make a sacrifice to bring back the other heroes. But I'm very intrigued by the choices they made when they were dispatching characters. Quill dealing with the guilt of his actions on Titan, for example, would have been interesting - but I guess they have a similar thing with Thor failing to deliver the killing blow.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Endgame coming out about a month later, I guess this was a question that most people weren't going to stop caring about very soon. So that may explain why they never really bothered to address it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Perhaps Fury didnt want to contact Marvel as it would have meant his avengers initiative failed during the New York battle. Seeing people being snapped was finally his means to do so as that was a sign the avengers failed.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went in expecting nothing much and ended up really enjoying it.

It sheds the basic origin story structure and instead offers up something a bit more dynamic. I knew very little about the character's origins (and have a shit memory) so all the revelations and reappearance of Ronan had an impact. I thought the nature of war and survival was very well handled and that Talos never really changed character, just our understanding of him. The soundtrack was absolutely bloody banging. I loved that a large portion of the big fight finish was set to No Doubt, Just A Girl and ithad the cinema I was in almost moving in sync with the action and sound.

The job they did with Samuel L Jackson is remarkable. Yes, we've seen it before in short scenes, but this was over an entire movie and included action sequences and emotionally heavy bits. The cat provided some top notch laughs, there was a real heart to the thing and it sets Danvers up as a genuine threat for Thanos come Endgame.

Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards4Lyfe View Post
    Perhaps Fury didnt want to contact Marvel as it would have meant his avengers initiative failed during the New York battle. Seeing people being snapped was finally his means to do so as that was a sign the avengers failed.
    Yeah that's kinda my read on it.

In the time since Danvers left, he's rounded up a whole bunch of folks with extraordinary abilities, and combos of one or some of them have managed to solve every problem that's popped up. So he'll obviously trust the existing crew in The Avengers.

So why did he page her at the end of IW? Well he knew what was at stake re: Thanos. When he saw people disappearing, that's a pretty obvious sign that Thanos has succeeded. Good time to hit the panic button. Plus also there's been about 10 or so movies establishing him having good instincts.

I swear that people who ask that kind of stuff haven't bothered thinking about answer themselves before they blurt out the question.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    World Security Council : I don't think you understand what you've started. Letting the Avengers loose on this world. They're dangerous.

Nick Fury : They surely are. And the whole world knows it. Every world knows it.

World Security Council : Was that the point of all this? A statement?

Nick Fury : A promise.
    ^^^Avengers 1

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are VERY lucky captain marvel wasn’t in the 50% of people who got disintegrated. Dodged a bullet on that one.

I don’t really see her as overpowered though, I mean not any more so than Thor. Thor would beat her one on one for sure.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    We are VERY lucky captain marvel wasn’t in the 50% of people who got disintegrated. Dodged a bullet on that one.

I don’t really see her as overpowered though, I mean not any more so than Thor. Thor would beat her one on one for sure.
    In the comics. Probably.

In MCU. Nope

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In the comics, Captain Marvel can "go binary" in which she becomes incredibly powerful for a short amount of time...

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I still don't see how she could defeat Thanos by herself. Her powers (in the MCU at least) come from absorbing some of the Tesseract which is currently just one stone on his hand.
    Thor basically beat (a probable tired and beaten up) Thanos.
    My money is on current Thor vs Captain Marvel is the gist of what I'm getting at.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's actually kind of brilliant how Disney and other giant film studios have managed to hoodwink so many people into believing that consuming their corporate products is some sort of civic engagement. At the end of the day, you're still just giving money to a conglomerate. It's really odd seeing people on social media and various websites treating Captain Marvel's box office success like it's a genuine social victory.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you think they pulled off such a brilliant hoodwinking in this case?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Through public relations and the like. I was reading a little about Edward Bernays' "Torches of Freedom" PR campaign that successfully likened women smoking to female emancipation in cigarette ads. That shit sold cigarettes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody on Reddit had an idea that for the home media release they should release a combo pack with a VHS copy of the movie which would be amazing in itself, although I'm sure we'll see the VHS element on the Best Buy steelbook.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Female superhero movies selling is absolutely a victory because the soulless corporations that don't really care either way thought they didn't because Catwoman and Elektra bombed...

The real suckers are the anti feminists who haven't figured out they're free advertising...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; March 12th, 2019 at 8:53 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marketing/PR firms have figured out how to monetize outrage. Everyone is a sucker.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nah...
    I loved the new Star Wars movies, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, and those were all wildly successful and getting sequels, while I didn't like the new Ghostbusters and that failed and is getting rebooted...

So I'm getting everything I want...
    Now I just need a Squirrel Girl movie...

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ultimate reboot is "What Men Want", a remake of that timeless classic Mel Gibson picture (which somehow alluded an Oscar) "What Women Want". That's the new litmus test for gender-changing reboots now.

Anyway. Watched this yesterday with the misses and whilst it was a bit "predictable" in places - it was a good film, enjoyed it. One thing that did confuse me... and maybe I just missed it... but at no point did they refer to her as "Captain Marvel" did they? I found that odd, considering. It was almost like they just assumed you'd say it was her... but.. yeah, I found it odd. Unless I just missed it.

Really enjoyed the MARVEL intro being changed for Stan. Now makes me wonder if for Endgame they'd do similar but when it should be "snapped" heroes, it's just blank. I'd take the Stan Lee tribute again though.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stan intro was great, but I'd like to see the Avengers back in the intro for Endgame.

Last edited by Fro; March 13th, 2019 at 5:39 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    Nah...
    I loved the new Star Wars movies, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, and those were all wildly successful and getting sequels, while I didn't like the new Ghostbusters and that failed and is getting rebooted...

So I'm getting everything I want...
    Now I just need a Squirrel Girl movie...
    You enjoying those films doesn't mean Simmo or I are incorrect. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with anyone enjoying those films either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked a lot of the choices this film made...

Really made it unique to me in a world full of superhero origin movies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stan intro was great, but I'd like to see the Avengers back in the intro for Endgame.

Bill nailed it for the most part, but my take on the tweak

I don't feel I've explained that well. Will expand on it if anyone's left confused

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong agree on all of this

Nods to 90s movies that I picked up...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Great insight simmo.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super hyped!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hype for this is unreal.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on Infinity War ($257,698,183), anyone want to suggest this will cross $300 million for the opening weekend?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will for sure.

I also saw this morning that the MCU has crossed the $18 billion mark for total box office. Obviously between Captain Marvel and Endgame and the next Spider-Man in July they're looking at another possible $4 billion by the end of this year. I bet nobody's wildest dreams had them making that much.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks excellent. Seeing Tony and Nebula suited up with the others at the end - wonder if there's anyone else in that shot that has been cut out for now.

Looks like Hawkeye and Ant-Man have plenty to do in this film. Maybe we'll get a third trailer with more Thanos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't bother with the trailer. Like, I'm absolutely 100% going to see this, so the trailer won't do much for me.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah didn't really change my hype level. Amazingly I am still going to see it. Thankfully didn't reveal much, but it did spoil a funny line.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of trailers as most nowadays show pretty much what is going to happen, but yeah that one didn't give a lot away so that's what a trailer should be.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The things it does tell us are things we already could figure out or things we would expect...

Last edited by Bill Casey; March 15th, 2019 at 3:20 AM.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's also worth mentioning that marvel has a history of misleading trailers. thor having both eyes in one of the ragnarok trailers when he shouldn't have, the shot of the hulk running into battle with everyone in wakanda. there's always a chance some of the things in the trailer are altered or not even in the final film.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There was negative space in the first trailer that suggested they digitally removed someone...

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree. I really thought them not rehashing the Iron Man / Doctor Strange origin story was smart. I liked it with Iron Man, and I was fine with it on doctor strange, but you can't do it three times. Maybe it's just a wrestling real but going to the well once too often eventually you take a shot to the nuts. Soundtrack was great, The Supporting Cast was fun, and at the theater I didn't feel like there were too many long sections. That may change once I get to see it at home though. I have noticed some of the movies that I really enjoyed in the theaters, I noticed more of their pacing issues when they get to the home video.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I heard, they only made about 8 minutes of Endgame footage available, so whatever's in the trailers is from a very small bit of the film.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    And supposedly all footage that is out is within the 1st 15 mins of the film

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really taken out of the film on a few occasions when I first saw Infinity War, because the trailers were filled with alternate takes of lines or scenes that were completely made up (Thor doing that epic reach to the sky as his new hammer was forming; Hulk turning up in Wakanda). I love that we know very little about Endgame and especially that we have no sense of the big action set-pieces.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck can't wait for this

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards4Lyfe View Post
    And supposedly all footage that is out is within the 1st 15 mins of the film
    Now I'm thinking...

Last edited by Bill Casey; March 18th, 2019 at 5:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I was really taken out of the film on a few occasions when I first saw Infinity War, because the trailers were filled with alternate takes of lines or scenes that were completely made up (Thor doing that epic reach to the sky as his new hammer was forming; Hulk turning up in Wakanda). I love that we know very little about Endgame and especially that we have no sense of the big action set-pieces.
    Pretty much why I've chosen not to watch the new trailer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are speculating that Capt ends up back in time and finally goes on that date with peggy as his retirement.

I think if this is the case Captain America got snapped. Hear me out.

Time travel is a weird thing and the before he gets sent back in time Tony probably tells him not to get involved with any of the events of the MCU.

Captain America as a man that doesn't age would be still be around when they go through the snap but this time he gets snapped as opposed to his Original self.

But I bet older capt was fully going to help defeat thanos after the snap but ended up getting snapped himself this time.

So in this timeline where Captain America gets to go back in time there are 2 Captain Americas during the snap.

I may have been high when I thought of this haha.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Disney/Fox deal is now done.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is the best trailer yet (also the most revealing).

I got my tickets. Going on the Sunday of opening weekend. 2D IMAX. (Does anyone actually prefer 3D?)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3D is a neat novelty - I don't prefer it - but sitting through a 3 hour long movie wearing the 3D glasses over my regular glasses would be terrible.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so according to feige, endgame isnt the conclusion to phase 3, it's actually spiderman: far from home, which is reported to begin not too long after the finish of endgame.

curious as to what happens in that film that ties everything up or pushes everything forward.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't believe the entire MCU was Mark Ruffalo's dream, and the rest of End Game is a three hour dance party...

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    so according to feige, endgame isnt the conclusion to phase 3, it's actually spiderman: far from home, which is reported to begin not too long after the finish of endgame.

curious as to what happens in that film that ties everything up or pushes everything forward.

im curious as what they do with mysterio and what jake can do with the character

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post

Ant Man was the final film of Phase 2, so I wouldn't look too deep into this...
    It's notable all of the phases so far are neatly divided by years. I would guess Spider-Man Far From Home is part of Phase 3 because it comes out the same calendar year as Avengers: End Game, and Phase 4 doesn't start until 2020...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my tickets for Endgame for Sunday morning. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Going on Friday in the afternoon.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my tickets for Sunday afternoon.

Rewatched Avengers Assemble, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War and Ant-Man and The Wasp over the last few weeks.

Very intrigued by RDJ saying that the last 8 minutes of Endgame are the best of the MCU.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I added some Mazzy Star to the end of Infinity War...

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5cb...-into-dust.php
    Last edited by Bill Casey; April 22nd, 2019 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviews are very positive so far from what I'm seeing. Cannot wait to see this on Sunday.

Shall we spoil tag things for, say, the first week?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'd say yes. With movies people often care more if the movie is good or not so may be checking in just to see whether people enjoyed it or not. So for the first week I think it's perfectly fair to say that we should spoiler tag anything outside of "I loved it" or "I hated it".

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeeeeesus. That was wholly satisfying.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck I can't wait for Sunday. The week before something you anticipate is the looooongest wait.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Fuck I can't wait for Sunday. The week before something you anticipate is the looooongest wait.
    This is so fucking true. Sunday is taking forever to get here.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wa walking home after the pub quiz. I have to go past the oldest cinema in the UK. They’re doing a midnight showing. I am weak.

Here. We. Go.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whatever it takes...
    Whatever it takes...

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream-Evil View Post
    Jeeeeesus. That was wholly satisfying.
    Sums up my thoughts fucking hell that delivered

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t even know where to begin.

As long as I live, I will never have an experience like that watching a film again.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8/10

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just came back from the movie. Thought it was amazing. I'll share my thoughts later after more people have watched it.

Just a bit of advice. Don't bother sitting past the credits as there's nothing at the end. Besides the massive groan from the audience.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ugh. I have to find time to squeeze this in over the weekend. My wife is okay with me taking son to go see it. She won't sit through a movie that long in the theater. She is fine with waiting for it to hit dvd. Problem is that he is camping this weekend and my in-laws just asked for his help doing yard work on Sunday afternoon. Wanted to go early in the day and cheaper prices. Sigh.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Shut it down, there is nothing more perfect than that.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect. unbelievably perfect. i dont know how they managed to pull that off.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was going to take my kids on Sunday but I'm seriously tempted to just let them stay home from school and hit a early afternoon showing.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember ever going into such an anticipated movie and it delivering on such a level.

It was just sensational. Perfect is correct.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't like it as much as Infinity War, but it was one of the better Marvel movies. The one thing that I got a kick out of

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw it earlier and it was just fucking fantastic!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to see it tomorrow morning. absolutely can't wait

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was going Sunday but just couldn't wait. Told the kids we're skipping school and seeing the movie and they freaked. I figure my daughter is rocking a 95 average and my son is reading and doing math a grade above where he is so I pulled the trigger. Wise move, ten people in the theater so I didn't have to deal with any annoying people shenanigans while watching.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Absolutely loved it. What an amazing way to bring together the movies that led up to it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the best moment in the movie for me was...

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely loved it. What an amazing way to bring together the movies that led up to it.