Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe films

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Are they still doing an Ant-Man movie? If so, I'd vote for where Ultron comes from not to be explained until then. Or have Pym as some scientist post-Iron Man Tony is working with, they create something bad, Tony has to come back and Pym later becomes Ant-Man for the same reason. Gives Pym a cameo and sets him up.
    I don't think they're actually doing Ant Man. Really, I think you could very easily just insert movie version Tony Stark into the origin story for Ultron without losing anything.

Intercontinental Champion Jacknife's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did this movie make so much money? It wasn't that good in my opinion. Thor was the only thing I liked about it.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant man is scheduled to come out about 6 months after Avengers 2

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Why did this movie make so much money? It wasn't that good in my opinion. Thor was the only thing I liked about it.
    Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    Ant man is scheduled to come out about 6 months after Avengers 2
    There's me sorted.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First film of 'Phase 3' I believe.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Written by Edgar Wright too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Cewsh View Post
    I don't think they're actually doing Ant Man. Really, I think you could very easily just insert movie version Tony Stark into the origin story for Ultron without losing anything.
    Tony Stark making Ultron would give him a very good reason to un-ending-of-Iron-Man-3 himself.

Plus, it would be Marvel doing something to piss Blood off, so it would make me happy.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Written by Edgar Wright too.
    And Joe Cornish of "Adam and Joe" show fame I think. He was involved with Tintin and I think Attack the Block was solely his.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    They devoted several years and other films to promoting it and got one of the most popular pop writers in? And people who watched it tended to enjoy it?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was a decent film, had huge audience saturation, a massive in-built audience that was tailor made for repeated business, a gigantic release, big a-list stars, big special effects sequences, a favourable release date, a ridiculous advertising campaign and had an effectively unparalleled build up whereby there was something like 6 or 7 films all working towards this release.

Intercontinental Champion Jacknife's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is what people like these days, there is absolutely no hope for the future. Film hasn't been good since the early 90s.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shut up. Don't be ridiculous.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    what was wrong with the film in terms of script, dialogue, story, effects, characterisation etc. Jacknife and highlight some of these early 90s films that you're holding it up against so we know where you're coming form please thx

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch Avengers myself because it was almost too much. I would have killed for a film like that in the 90s, but by the end of Iron Man 2 I was a little sick of the gimmick, Captain America was good but I'd had my fill by the end, etc, and the whole thing started to feel like a product. I'm sure if I actually watched it, I'd probably enjoy it. I also personally really don't like what I've ever seen of Whedon. But even as tired and cynical as I am, I don't know why I'd ask how it made money or why people like it. Sounds like someone trying to start a fight. Terminator 2 isn't as good as you think it is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    what was wrong with the film in terms of script, dialogue, story, effects, characterisation etc. Jacknife and highlight some of these early 90s films that you're holding it up against so we know where you're coming form please thx
    What a big man you are fanny. You know damn well that he doesn't have any posts left.

Alf
    I couldn't find an Age of Ultron thread... althought I'm pretty sure there is one.

Anyway:

Teaser trailer was leaked and then officially released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeO...ature=youtu.be

Looks good.

I loved Marvel tweeting "Dammit, Hydra." after the leak. Classy social mediaring.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely this needs a thread of its own Alf?

Alf
    Nah, all the Star wars ones were wrapped up in one.

If only there was a MOD around to re-name the thread to Avengers Movies or sommink.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intercontinental Champion Zyphlin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely LOVE the change on the face of Thor when Cap just barely makes Mjolnir rock.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of love how Thor looks like Seth Rollins.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Trailer 2...
    The haunting background music sounds familiar...

Alf
    WOW GOOD SPOT BILLLLLLLL

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I thought that the lyrics and the dialogue from Ultron made that pretty sledgehammer.

But then I'm a big Pinocchio fan.

Alf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WM915QsOyI

The new TV spot is absolutely full of sexy action set peices.

I like Quicksilver's accent and attitude.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. To me, this was the best trailer that I've seen so far. Lots of action, some humor, and some drama...pretty much exactly what I expect out of The Avengers movie.

I like how they are continuing to sow the seeds of discord between Iron Man and Captain America. And I like Quicksilver's attitude as well. In the comics, he was always kind of a douchebag and full of himself, and it looks like that's the Quicksilver that's showing up in this movie.

I do like Hawkeye's quip as well about being an Avenger. I really hope that the Scarlet Witch shot happens right after that is what actually happens after the scene, because it could be a great moment in the movie when Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver switch sides.

Alf
    Yep, I think that must be it. They turn and save the day.

I wish they'd kept them as baddies in the marketing. Now there is zero surprise when they switch.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, it might be more of a surprise to people that they are bad guys.

Then again, we might be thinking about things completely different. They might start out as good guys and then do the heel turn and join Ultron at a critical moment, which could be a cool thing...only to discover that they set Ultron up, and make another turn at the end.

Alf
    Vision is going to save the day. He's such a badass.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for Vision. Love Vision.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot to be excited about, and I can't wait to see vision in full action.

Aaron Taylor's accent though... ehh. Not a big deal, but he's never been anything special in my book. I'm sure he'll be fine though.

Alf
    Anyone seen it yet?

I bloody loved it.

I wish they'd gone a touch less plasticy looking on Vision, maybe a little less colourful, and I wish they'd blanked his eyes, him having real eyes was weird. He conveyed enough emotion with his eyebrows I thought. and I wished they showcased his mass powers a bit better. THAT scene with Vision was fucking amazing though. The whole audience gasped.

Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver were fantastic but I wish they'd been given a bit more to do.

Ultron was great, but as usual ended up being a bit of an afterthought when things picked up.

Etc etc... I really liked it.

Ooh he's written it down.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already been twice. THAT scene with Vision, same with the audience here, gasps. It was actually really funny too. Ultron had some great lines. Loved Hulkbuster/Hulk rumble.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from the IMAX, I think it's the best one they have done to date.

So many simultaneous storylines all tied in perfectly without overkill, this film felt like it had a believable depth that the others lack.

Most of them recently have fallen into the trap of just going hell for leather on the CGI and explosions in the final third, and while it is kind of the case here, it didn't feel out of place - everything that happened seemed to make sense.

Excellent one liners, the little slices of comedy, along with every other line, uttered with complete convincing smugness had me cracking up.

I find it difficult to detach myself from reality when watching these films and laugh at them a lot. This was no different, I had a lot of fun with it, and really want to see it again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm sorry" may've been my favorite comedy line of the entire movie. The expression on his face was just perfect.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just back from it. It was excellent - maybe Marvel's best film to date.

The action was great, and the way it weaved in the character beats, the humour and the focus on saving civilians was really well done. The final act is becoming a big area of criticism with recent Marvel films, but I think it would be simplistic to see this as more of the same. Joss has learned how to make everything flow better than the finale of the first film, despite having even more characters to juggle. Natasha's relationship with Banner, and the bigger focus on Hawkeye this time around, gave the film a nice emotional underpinning. Having all the characters bickering in the lab was one of the best scenes from the first film, and it's so enjoyable to see them as one big dysfunctional family this time around.

There's too much dialogue to even remember on a first watch, but I saw it with a big crowd and we were cracking up all the way through. Everyone gets a moment to shine. I'm slightly worried about how the Infinity War films can maintain the kind of balance that Joss brings to it. I'm not saying he's the only one who can give voice to these characters, but he has set the bar very high. This is a proper blockbuster sequel, with more complex themes and characters and a better grip on the action set-pieces. Though I'm hoping Civil War allows the Russos and their writers to dip their toe in the water with a bigger cast of characters to manage, before taking on the entire ensemble in a few years time. Still, it's a tall order when your next films involve bringing Spidey into the MCU, going full intergalactic with Thanos and crafting a story that works as two films instead of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    "I'm sorry" may've been my favorite comedy line of the entire movie. The expression on his face was just perfect.
    Yep I loved that. Also enjoyed the frantic "Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep" accompanied by the rapid-fire punching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I quite liked Hawkeye's "No one would know.." during the battle at the end, and Ultron's "I can't actually throw up in my mouth.."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream-Evil View Post
    I quite liked Hawkeye's "No one would know.." during the battle at the end, and Ultron's "I can't actually throw up in my mouth.."
    It was full of great quotes.

My favourite comedic moments were all surrounding Thors Hammer; both when Captain America tried to lift it and the moment later in the film, where they held the silence for ages.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    The first action sequence was just brilliant. I was just sitting there smiling for 20 mins just thinking about how that was the only way to announce their return. Fucking great. Nice to have a fleshed out Hawkeye character, quicksilvers presentation was better than xmens, fun plot, great action, well over the top, great humour, not much more anyone could ask from a film of this nature! 5/5

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoroughly enjoyed. I fucking love James Spaders voice. Robert California trying to destroy the planet.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you spoiler me what THAT scene with the vision i you're talking about. Its annoying me that I cant think of it, but I've watched AOU, Thor, Iron Man 2 and 3, Incredibe Hulk and Captain America over the weekend so my head is warped.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    Can you spoiler me what THAT scene with the vision i you're talking about. Its annoying me that I cant think of it, but I've watched AOU, Thor, Iron Man 2 and 3, Incredibe Hulk and Captain America over the weekend so my head is warped.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have no desire in seeing this film, however I am very interested in the box office performance, as I am with any film. I think this will break the US opening weekend record, and has a shot of coming in between Titanic and Avatar to separate James Cameron.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream-Evil View Post
    Hahah aw ok, yeah that was great.
    (INSERT SIGNATURE HERE)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yep I loved that. Also enjoyed the frantic "Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep" accompanied by the rapid-fire punching.
    That whole sequence had some good bits...

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't enjoy this as much as i hoped.. it was ghood though

spader was great as ultron

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    i didn't enjoy this as much as i hoped.. it was ghood though

spader was great as ultron
    Pretty much my thoughts. definitely no where near as good as the first one. Lots of good in this movie (will post more thoughts later) but it just wasn't as good as the first nor did it he the feel of the latest movies

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyable stuff, but Captain America 2 was a more solid flick IMO.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Wish I would have watched agents of the sheild first. Led right Into this

Alf
    How so?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    This was great. The theater had two to three Holy Shit moments. This was a bigger scope than the last film and the interactions were great.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Anthony Hopkins in this as Odin.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    How so?
    watch the fucking show. It's too long to explain.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff, but the first was a lot better/more fun. Both Cap 2 and Guardians are ahead of this, not that says anything bad about this.

One thing that really stood out to me is how at the end, it was what Man of Steel's huge battle should have been: the heroes saving civilians left and right and leaving themselves open to attack to save people that they've never even met.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw it last night. Thought it was great, thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw the Fantastic Four trailer for the first time too. Looking forward to that

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    watch the fucking show. It's too long to explain.
    Its too long to watch. I guess it's not as important as the film and its complete dogshit so I'll stick with the films and Netflix and continue to completely ignore agents of shield.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Same, fucking terrible program
    Last edited by Fanny; May 2nd, 2015 at 4:30 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Agents of Shield > All DC shows on tv. Last week's episode was great and a perfect lead into this awesome movie.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry, I just have no shits to give about the Inhumans. Flash is leaps and bounds better than AoS.

Saw this yesterday. A lot of fun. Doesn't do a whole lot to progress the MCU as a whole, but was good.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Flash is full idiot heroes and Iris West is the worst. It most certainly progresses the MCU.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Doesn't do a whole lot to progress the MCU as a whole, but was good.
    Considering that they're heading towards Civil War, it does do a good fair bit to build up some new characters. I won't know until the next film, but this feels a bit like the film in a series that you could totally skip over and be fine. Kind of like if you felt the need to watch the prequels for some sadistic reason and just totally skipped Episode II—it wouldn't really affect you in III.

Ultron himself felt like a character who could have been better set up in someone else's movie. Like some ending scene that sets him up as coming, whether it's Banner/Stark working on the Ultron Project in a post credit bit or something. Felt a bit shoe horned in here, with all that they've set up in there universe, to have someone completely independent to a single film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that Fox had to rush to make Fantastic Four to secure the rights. Because I wonder what MCU are going to do for Civil War, as Reed Richards is a big part of the story. I'm worried that they don't have the roster to fill it. I guess we're getting Black Panther and Spidey, which is a start.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Considering that they're heading towards Civil War, it does do a good fair bit to build up some new characters. I won't know until the next film, but this feels a bit like the film in a series that you could totally skip over and be fine. Kind of like if you felt the need to watch the prequels for some sadistic reason and just totally skipped Episode II—it wouldn't really affect you in III.

Ultron himself felt like a character who could have been better set up in someone else's movie. Like some ending scene that sets him up as coming, whether it's Banner/Stark working on the Ultron Project in a post credit bit or something. Felt a bit shoe horned in here, with all that they've set up in there universe, to have someone completely independent to a single film.
    This is exactly my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Flash is full idiot heroes and Iris West is the worst. It most certainly progresses the MCU.
    Can't argue with the Iris part. But where were the AoS cast in this movie. There were so many throw away characters with Fury, why not let the cast be in the background. That's what I expected when the show debuted.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Agents of Shield > All DC shows on tv. Last week's episode was great and a perfect lead into this awesome movie.
    Nah Gotham fucks AoS's face in

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I would have watched agents of the sheild first. Led right Into this
    It kinda didn't. I mean, the latest episode did in a sense but it was really not much of a lead-in at all.

Agent of Shield spoilerz:

...yeah.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was less Ultron being a throwaway and more his actions impacting the universe.

When I first got out of the theater last night, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I definitely thought it was great. But I kept wondering if it was on par with the first one. But after a lot of reflection on the plot, I think it definitely is, even if it feels a bit more flat at times. A big issue is this movie is just a downer. You get a lot of positive moments with glimmers of hope at the end, but it doesn't feel like the pains from the movie are washed away like they are at the end of the first. I also think the first had better action scenes towards the end, especially with Hulk creativity. I honestly felt like Hulk didn't get as many "FUCKING AWESOME" moments as the first one, which was a large part of the fun in the first one.

However, plot-wise, it is wonderful, with deep characterization, the focus on saving civilians, the growth of Pietro and Wanda, and some legitimately shocking moments. And despite fading somewhat to the background by the finale, Ultron was portrayed excellently. Hearing him talk as he came into sentience for the first time was chilling. Spot-on.

Ultimately, I think the first one is more fun, and this one may end up feeling like the least impactful of the Avengers series, but there is so much to enjoy if you want to sit down and watch a movie to really enjoy and dig into the plot. And the opening scene is honestly one of the best things any comic book movie has ever done. It gave you that "day in the life of a superhero" vibe, like they've been doing this the whole time we weren't watching, rather than the usual "We only suit up when the villain arrives" feel that comic book movies have done for years.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I don't know how Ultron is a throw away villain when

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could have done a bit more with ultron

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    It kinda didn't. I mean, the latest episode did in a sense but it was really not much of a lead-in at all.

Agent of Shield spoilerz:

...yeah.
    That's because the movie, for some dumb reason, got released early in your neck of the pond. In the glorious, almighty US and A the Sheild episode was on Monday and the Avengers released that thursday. The episode even had an extended trailer sneak peak.

...yeah.

And the sheild wasn't in the movie, because if you watched the episode Coulson specifically said a small party aka the avengers. They are on another mission going elsewhere, which was stated in the episode. They knew this was the be all, end all hydra base so they sent in the big guns. especially since sheild is still broken in two factions.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

We know what's coming next and it was set up wonderfully while being an incredibly entertaining film in its own right.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Agents of Shield/Age of Ultron theory

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just came back from seeing this... LOVED it. I'm glad we got to see each Avenger show off what they could do. Hawkeye got more mic time and he was money. Ultron did seem rather underpowered in the end, but he was still very enjoyable. The audience applauded for a good 10 seconds when

Not happy to see Falcon joining the team though. He annoys me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    people clapped in the middle of the film. jesus.

i think people have to rememeber that whedon has to set up the next 8-10 films with this and does a spectacular job doing so, while also adding character development, heart, new characters, love story and giving us a conclusion to the current arc of films.

that is pretty impressive for a superhero film imo.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bought ticket for this. Not really a fan of modern superhero films, but can't back myself in a corner, It's best to see anything to expand the mind.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I would hate watching with an American audience. Clapping in the middle of a film for fucks sake.

I enjoyed it, I thought that it was too long, a bit of a mess, a bit repetitive not only in and of itself but also to the last two Iron Men films and that it was a bit too much of a 'Marvel universe' advertisement rather than a film on its own rights. It wasnt as good as the first one, but I did like it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only person who clapped in the showing I saw was a fat idiot when they had the vision with the infinity stones. He was the only one and it felt like everyone collectively turned around to stare at him and judge him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No clapping at the showing I went to. It was alright, felt long at points but didn't hate it. I enjoy Thor and Hawkeye but not much else.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hawkeye was excellent, probably had my favourite moment with his rant about killing Quicksilver.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    No clapping at the showing I went to. It was alright, felt long at points but didn't hate it. I enjoy Thor and Hawkeye but not much else.
    No clapping at the theater I was in. Actually for an opening night the audience was shit. There was no energy in the crowd whatsoever. No laughs, gasps, applause or anything. Just staring at the screen and munching popcorn.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    There were two audible whoa moments fro the audience. I love crowds who are into it. Star Trek: First Contact opening night felt like a nerd kegger.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No clapping at the theater I was in. Actually for an opening night the audience was shit. There was no energy in the crowd whatsoever. No laughs, gasps, applause or anything. Just staring at the screen and munching popcorn.
    There was no puny god to cheer for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ARE THERE QUIPS IN THE FACE OF DANGER!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the danger makes quips this time.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no puny god to cheer for.
    The exact same point I made to friends.

Still loved the film, just not as laugh out loud funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed "puny God" the first time because the crowd were still going apeshit over Loki being thrown around like a chew toy.

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a hot dog vendor come out and "go long"

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw it last night in 3D, loved the movie, not the 3D part though. Was the only one we could get into. And then sitting there through the entire credits waiting for the easter egg scene and there was none, blew!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw the 9 AM showing and it was packed. I usually go to the earliest showing of films and it's always empty, even when a big movie comes out.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, I'm really hating 3D movies. Specially when it comes to a movie like this. I went with 2 people. One fell asleep twice, the other complained that it was the first Avengers movie with a new baddie. OK, whatever. I really liked the movie, and I loved all the action and the fight with Hulk and Iron Man was great!

On to my complaint. Movies like this are no good for 3D because the 3D really brings out the CGI and I know that there is no way to do some of these scenes in reality, but damn, it really shows in 3D. I really wished I would have been able to see it first on just a regular viewing.

But again, I loved this movie, and I can not wait for Civil War to be put in place. Oh, my only other complaint as mentioned in earlier post, we sat through the entire credits waiting for the additional scene like usual, but no scene. Only the one that was just a couple seconds long during the credits. I have been trained to sit through the damn credits because of all the earlier films and this one punked me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Apparently the Hulk was supposed to turn grey for his fight with Iron Man but they nixed it at the last second because they thought it would confuse the average movie goer. Surely a simple couple sentence dialogue could have explained it. Personally, I thought it would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whedon had gone on record saying there would be no tag/post credit scene as he felt he couldn't top the Shwarma scene. We got a mid credit scene, don't be so greedy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's been covered off, but there's an increasing number of articles having a pop at Whedon for the portrayal of the women in the film - personally I think it's just the armchair feminists finding something to be annoyed with?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...gers-backlash/

http://www.ibtimes.com/joss-whedon-f...ocrisy-1907981

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...k-widow-a-wimp

http://blogs.indiewire.com/womenandh...t-fan-20150430

There's many many more...

Was he simply following the comic book story-line for Black Widow?

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always thought Joss Whedon was rubbish, but he's probably done more than anyone for getting women in sci-fi and action roles taken seriously. These people are disappointed that he gets called a feminist for this as he isn't a level 10 intersectional grand master of feminism. Why do they have to get so Bert about it and start launching attacks. Ultimately just another hopped up mob.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be so miserable being a faux-feminist, completely unable to enjoy anything, at all, ever...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Catering to the SJW crowd is only going to lead to getting your ass bitten off down the road. They're guaranteed to start gnashing their teeth at you once you do or say something that doesn't please them.

Alf
    So in the party scene Falcon says to Cap "I'm happy chasing cold leads for our missing persons case..."

What is he on about?

Is that a lead-in for Civil War some how or am I forgetting something from Winter Soldier.

EDIT: ...or the obvious, he's looking for the Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Alf; May 5th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Searching for Bucky, a.k.a. The Winter Soldier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't they have to rewrite a lot of the script for Black Widow because Johansson was pregnant and not up to a lot of stunts or long shoots? I was pretty surprised she was as active as she was in the film. And I think I saw her cleavage like one time, maybe, obliquely. I can't imagine a less chauvanistic comic book film has ever existed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whedon left twitter over the SJW backlash.

These people are insufferable.