Thread: News and Notes: Video Game Edition

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    You are both dead to me.
    I'll cut you, sunshine. And we had the better magazines.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the C64 and the Spectrum equally. The kid over the road had an Amstrad 464. What a wanker.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Because I've never owned a Nintendo and I thought it might be interesting to try one. Their price point for entry is usually pretty low and you'd assume that they've learned a few things from the failure of the Wii U. I know that they don't usually have a great launch lineup but that tends to be the case for most systems nowadays.

Prices for electronics are so stupidly cheap now that buying a new system isn't necessarily a huge investment. The PS4 cost less than the Commodore 64 did.

Indeed. I was looking over an old Amiga Power magazine the other day and the costs for an Amiga 1200 back then was pretty mental - over £700 with a few games.

The Wii U was the first Nintendo system I didn't buy since the NES. Obviously I'm getting older and have "responsibilities" now, and I barely play the PS4 outside of FIFA Pro Clubs (but I will be buying Uncharted 4). It'll need something majestic to get me investing again.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah the Saturn was a piece of shit. Sega was all over the place for a while with a bunch of half assed and half thought out ideas. The Sega CD and then the 32x add ons. Then the Saturn. The Dreamcast was a badass little system but after three straight failures people didn't want to give it a chance. Sega had lost their anti Nintendo position to Sony and Sony was kicking ass with a massive software lineup for its PSOne. So the Dreamcast was fucked from jump street really. Although it was a massively powerful system for its day and even had online functionality years before it was the norm.
    The Dreamcast was a superb machine and still holds up today. I maintain that the Shenmue games were two of the best ever made on any format. Around the time of the Mega Drive, SEGA was definitely seen as the cooler option, but I stuck with my beloved Nintendo throughout. I tended to buy old consoles off my mates with a shitload of games as soon as the newer one came out, so I got a Saturn with about 20 games in 1998/9 for about 30 quid and had a field day. Once a retro gamer, always a retro gamer.

Simon
    SNES is still my favourite machine ever, followed by the PSX. But I imagine everyone's favourite consoles are the ones they had between the ages of probably 8-16 regardless of whether they were critically acclaimed or not.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    SNES is still my favourite machine ever, followed by the PSX. But I imagine everyone's favourite consoles are the ones they had between the ages of probably 8-16 regardless of whether they were critically acclaimed or not.
    I was just thinking I've probably played Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Country more than any other game.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I am a fan of Meg Turney.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    The Dreamcast was a superb machine and still holds up today. I maintain that the Shenmue games were two of the best ever made on any format. Around the time of the Mega Drive, SEGA was definitely seen as the cooler option, but I stuck with my beloved Nintendo throughout. I tended to buy old consoles off my mates with a shitload of games as soon as the newer one came out, so I got a Saturn with about 20 games in 1998/9 for about 30 quid and had a field day. Once a retro gamer, always a retro gamer.
    i have one still. crazy taxi was amazing when you first saw it. you could have 6 men in the ring or something in the WWE game, it was jaw dropping, for me, at the time

i remember a few years back there were stats on what operating system (or something) people viewed rajah on, and there was like a 0.0018% that used a dreamcast. kudos to whoever that was

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the older brother of my buddy George used to play Madden online all the time on Dreamcast. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Dreamcast the first home console that could do that or were you able to do it on PS1?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i have one still. crazy taxi was amazing when you first saw it. you could have 6 men in the ring or something in the WWE game, it was jaw dropping, for me, at the time

i remember a few years back there were stats on what operating system (or something) people viewed rajah on, and there was like a 0.0018% that used a dreamcast. kudos to whoever that was
    I used to play Crazy Taxi for hours at my friends house. I still get those Bad Religion and Offspring songs stuck in my head to this day.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    you could have 6 men in the ring or something in the WWE game, it was jaw dropping, for me, at the time
    It was actually 9 men in the ring. Even today we're restricted to no more than 6, which shows how mental it was back then.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

From these we can see Middle-earth: Shadow of War is slated for PS4 and Xbox One on August 22, was once again developed by Monolith, and will see the return of the Nemesis system. This time, our heroes will “confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his ringwraiths”, apparently. Players will “forge a new Ring of Power and dominate Mordor” with their own orc armies.

There’s a $99 Gold Edition of Middle-earth: Shadow of War which comes with four expansions and a gold war chest. There are two Nemesis expansions called Slaughter Tribe and Outlaw Tribe, which add “a new Orc tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates and a Mythic Gear Set”.

The other two expansions are called Blade of Galadriel and The Desolation of Mordor. These are new story campaigns for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, with additional playable characters, abilities, side missions, enemies and allies.
    Last edited by OD50; February 27th, 2017 at 7:24 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The cover to the Gold edition is pretty interesting, i see Sauron in the middle with Gollum and the Balrog on the left side. On the right side there's a cave troll and a dragon. No idea who the girl on the left and the black guy on the right are. Girl looks like she'd be either an elf or a ranger though. The tower on the left looks like Barad-Dür for sure, no idea what the one on the right could be. Angmar? Dol-Guldur? Gundabad? Minas-Morgul? No idea.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pleased to see this. Did not expect much from Shadow of Mordor and it turned out to be absolutely brilliant.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I've had SoM for quite a while but haven't gotten around to play it yet. It looks really good but also very monotonous, orcs, orcs, orcs and then some more orcs. Seems like the entire game takes place exclusively in Mordor as well. Not saying the game is monotonous, just that it kind of looks that way. Will definitely have a go at it when I get the time though. Need to play through it before Shadow of War at least, seems like that will be released this August.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same here, I've had it in my backlog for a while and this might push it to the front of the queue. Just finishing off Fall of Cybertron for the fifth time first.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    It's far from canon and some would probably hate it, but if you're going to make interesting games you really have to stretch the limits of canon here and there as long as it isn't something that's completely not plausible. I kind of like the sound of Celebrimbor trying to forge another ring to combat Sauron and the One ring, if anyone could, it would be Celebrimbor right?

"Blade of Galadriel" sounds interesting as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm kind of confused on the timeline of this game, I've read that Shadow of Mordor takes place between The Hobbit and LOTR (so, some time between T.A 2941 and T.A 3001-3019) but in the SoW trailer (which I assume takes place after SoM) we see Sauron in physical form, which he never regained after The Last Alliance in S.A 3441, and also Minas Ithil being sacked (and turned into Minas Morgul), which happened in T.A 2002 (roughly 1000 years before Hobbit/LOTR). I guess it could all be flashbacks and stuff, maybe playing the first game would explain some of it.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't know where this should go.

Anyone play through That Dragon, Cancer?

Won the games for impact award and it is really quite an experience. It's a point and click type game for the most part following the main developer with his family and their struggle for their youngest son and his battle with cancer.

Really opens your eyes and is a tough story, but one that was beautifully told. It's an emotional story, but it is a story that definitely needed to be told.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody keeping abreast of JonTron's self destruction?

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go on

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read, he's jumped aboard the "white genocide is real" train.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a fucking mess.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...mini-this-year

Oh man. I cannot WAIT to not be able to afford this after low supplies raise the price to $600 on amazon and ebay.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already own a SNES, and have access to SNES games via emulation on 10 different other consoles and handhelds, but this is still something I'll have to buy. Hands down my favourite console of all time.
    I wouldn't even have to consider the games list. There's just so much depth in the library. Mario World, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Megaman X, Contra 3, Donkey Kong Country's, Final Fantasy's, Zelda LttP, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter 2, Final Fight, Super PunchOut.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    FF9 Out for PS4 now

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Shenmue 1&2 being rereleased on PS4 & Xbox. Time to wank.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm gonna be getting that. Especially since it's only gonna be $30 in the US for both. Never got the chance to play Shenmue 2, and I lost my copy of Shenmue 1 along with my Dreamcast that was stolen. So I'm fucking pumped.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was finally able to get my hands on the new Spider-Man game. Incredible. Takes me back to the PS2 version of Spider-Man 2 mixed in with some Infamous. Just a great game. He's always been an easy game to put together, the guy crosses over so many different times that every villain imaginable is part of his story as well.

Still not better than Punisher for X-Box

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain America looking a tad bloated

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That time on ice did a number to him

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My favourite thing I’ve seen mocking that picture is the image from Spaceballs where they say “You fools. You captured their stunt doubles.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batista's gonna voice a character in Gears 5.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know any good nfl, nba, or mlb simulators?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    Batista's gonna voice a character in Gears 5.
    I wonder how big his video game dick is.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has anyone tried The Outer Worlds yet? Fucking incredible game.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Has anyone tried The Outer Worlds yet? Fucking incredible game.
    Loved it. I like the amount of choice you have in the game. You could realistically kill anyone and the objective will change rather than someone being immortal.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it. Looooooooove it.

It's not the the kind of game to drag me in and hold me there while I complete it to within an inch of its life. It's a slow burn, put down and pick back up after a week, engross yourself brilliance.

It is, I'd say, a touch easy on normal. But it's flipping brilliant.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed a run through over the weekend, it's very good although I'm not feeling super motivated to try another run right away which I thought I would. It felt weirdly linear - there's usually not much reason to go back to planets (or at least specific areas) you've already been to once you leave. Like you do the initial quests to get out of Edgewater and then it basically played no part in anything further for me.

As a Firefly fan I was constantly delighted by the many, many references to it and I will definitely run through again at some point - I never got more than 4 crewmates so apparently there's at least two potential companions I didn't even encounter.

As I think a lot of people probably do, I basically played my first game 'straight', that is I made decisions based on what I genuinely thought the best option was. This had one particularly negative and unexpected outcome, when

Next time I'll play as an ultra mercenary, proper selfish prick. Should be fun.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anybody who somehow hasn't played the reboot of Tomb Raider, it's currently free on Steam.

If you haven't played it, do. It is absolutely marvelous.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Funny enough I missed that one. Played Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider but missed the first one that started the reboot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is also free.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Funny enough I missed that one. Played Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider but missed the first one that started the reboot.
    It's not quite as good as the brilliant Shadow, but it's quite a distance better than Rise.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played the first one through and enjoyed it. I probably could have stood a higher difficulty level because the game felt a little easy but it had a great Uncharted kind of feel to it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this seems like some fairly big news.

Resident Evil 4 Remake - Confirmed?

Loved the Resident Evil 2 Remake, had a brief and intense love affair with the Resident Evil 3 Threemake (Nemesis is a passionate, but greedy lover. And the things he can do with that tentacle... )

But Resident Evil 4-Make? Re4Make? ReM4ke?

That's the shit right there.

Honestly, just give me the ability to move and shoot at the same time and polish up the graphics for 2022 and I'm happy.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me shoot Ashley in the face....

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Let me shoot Ashley in the face....
    Maybe they'll make it so you can arm Ashley this time?

Instead of crying like a lost puppy every time Leon walks six inches out her line of sight, you can give her a shotgun and tell her to shut the fuck up and shoot anything that looks menacing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly didn't mind Ashley too much as she was, she was REALLY good as AI's go at staying out of the way, I think I shot her once by accident. I just don't think RE4 should be next, not when Code Veroncia is actually more important. Say what you want game play wise (I don't think sales are a fair metric for this one) Veronica is the missing piece. What has Wesker been up to? I mean aside from a half conversation with Ada? What happened to Jill? Why is Chris so depressed? Resident Evil 4 can almost be summed up as "And some stuff happened in probably Spain and it was cool but not really important.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say that RE4 feels less like it needs it. The kind of treatment the other three have gotten seems like it would translate better with Code Veronica. For RE4, I feel all that really needs/should be done is polishing up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    LET'S GO!!!!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    do we not have an xbox thread? i couldnt find one and i wanted to post:

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLE

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rocksteady is making a Suicide Squad game. I loved the Arkham series, so I have high hopes for this one.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide...eal-rocksteady

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Both the Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights games looked pretty good. I'm not crazy about co-op games. I get it is the current rage, but I'm glad I'll be able to play single player too.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xbox Series S finally dropped a price. $299 for a very compact box.

I wonder if Sony's sweating after that, or if they had intentions of going similarly low? I definitely feel like anything higher than $400 is a risk at this point.

EDIT: I forgot the Series S is the lesser model. The Series X is speculated at $499. So actually, Sony coming out with their one complete version for $399 would be a pretty good price range in comparison.

From what I can tell, the main difference in Series S and Series X is that the S will have considerably lower graphical capabilities. Which doesn't bother me much, tbh.
    Last edited by Psycho666Soldier; September 8th, 2020 at 8:24 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the pricing the other day and thought it was a game changer. $299 for a new, next gen cosole is insane.

But it gets better.

Microsoft are putting the X and the S up for sale in a similar way that phones are sold, meaning people can pay monthly until paid up. Even more than that, that prices of per month is going to include the X-Box Games pass.

It is revolutionary stuff.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Over to you Sony you mother fuckers

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "ps5 will be free if you tweet means things to phil spencer"

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I have no idea who that is but I will give it a go.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    how do you not know xbox phil, GET IT TOGETHER GRIFFIN

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I've been a PS guy since I had to get rid of my knackered old Mega Drive in the late 90s

That said, I have fleetingly owned every Xbox only to sell after I got bored with them

I think my fave game was Sunset Overdrive on the last console.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have never purchase an Xbox. I have owned a few that were given to me, but I also don’t like Halo, só there isn’t much Im Xbox that I feel I’m missing out on

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Series X confirmed at $499. Now Sony can come out with their prices.

And November 10th for the Xboxs.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Xbox really did a great job on pricing. They really need a strong comeback this gen.

that being said, I still think I’m just gonna build a pc instead.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Those 3080 prices were quite the shock (in a good way)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yupp. Insane move my Nvidia. My coworker just got a 2080ti like six weeks ago, so he’s very salty and just keeps saying that “the specs on those new cards look like shit” LOL shut your salty ass up.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'd be salty too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really want to learn about the PS5 prices soon.

More importantly, I want to know if it will also sound like an Airplane Engine...

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Just clean your fans...they say as if it's a simple thing to do.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X box series x and x box series s... who are the marketing wizards that came up with these names?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

PC, PS4 and Xbone also.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it not already on PC and PS4?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, ps3 and 360.

There is a way to emulate the ps3 version on PC but I haven't messed with it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    X box series x and x box series s... who are the marketing wizards that came up with these names?
    Just the big green X alone is sooooo early 2000s. Even my deoderant had one on it back then. Compare that to Playstation which, while sounding a little like what millenial parents probably call playgrounds these days, is still a really cool sounding name.

Nintendo names their system comething cool like every other generation.

Also your comment made me think of this...

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Just the big green X alone is sooooo early 2000s. Even my deoderant had one on it back then. Compare that to Playstation which, while sounding a little like what millenial parents probably call playgrounds these days, is still a really cool sounding name.

Nintendo names their system comething cool like every other generation.

Also your comment made me think of this...

Good catch, my comment was definitely in reference to that skit even though I couldn’t quite remember the exact phrasing

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the original Xbox, they've had such weird naming conventions in general. Well, 360 was fine and definitely rolled off the tongue. But Xbox One is both lazy and incredibly misleading.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Other than the original Xbox, they've had such weird naming conventions in general. Well, 360 was fine and definitely rolled off the tongue. But Xbox One is both lazy and incredibly misleading.
    well it made sense in a marketing and branding sense for the strategy they were going for. they were really pushing the xbox as being the center of all your entertainment desires, with a bunch of attention put on the whole 'watch your cable tv through your xbox' feature, plus apps for your streaming services, all your video games and a disc drive for your DVD's and blu-rays, making it the 'one device' you would ever need.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's two new systems (technically three, but one of those is just a gimped version of the real deal) and I'm over here more excited for that Mario 3D All-Stars Collection than anything else.

I'm buying two. One to play and one to keep sealed and resell in March when Nintendo pulls it off the shelves. I'll bet by next Spring I'll be able to flip a sealed in plastic copy for $500.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    9pm UK time Wednesday for the Ps5 event.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Xcloud for Android launches tomorrow and after taking part in the beta I'm excited for the official launch. It worked great on my phone with a Razer Kishi and I'm planning on buying an Nvidia Shield Pro next month to replace my firestick that I'll be able to play games on too.

The full list of games is over 150 with Halo, Gears, Witcher 3, and just released Wasteland 3 included.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/...pass-ultimate/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    PS5 will be 499 with disc drive, 399 for the all digital

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I got off work at like 4:40 and literally turned the thing on right as the prices were coming on so I missed the entire rest of the event. Anything look good?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They showed the next Final Fantasy. Announced a Harry Potter RPG. You saw the God of War 2 bit at the end.

Rest were things previously announced I think, just showing more of them.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Not to be a dick but it's a Hogwarts game not Harry Potter

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They showed the next Final Fantasy. Announced a Harry Potter RPG. You saw the God of War 2 bit at the end.

Rest were things previously announced I think, just showing more of them.
    god of war 2 you say? Hmmm

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Not to be a dick but it's a Hogwarts game not Harry Potter
    Banned

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not going next gen anytime soon. I might just buy a better graphics card for my PC.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Miles Morales will also be on PS4, so that's cool.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    god of war 2 you say? Hmmm
    Called Ragnorak

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got off work at like 4:40 and literally turned the thing on right as the prices were coming on so I missed the entire rest of the event. Anything look good?
    final fantasy 16 announcement and trailer.

a harry potter rpg game.

demon's souls remake looks awesome.

spiderman: miles morales gameplay.

really ridiculous and fun action set piece from blops cold war.

resident evil 8 gameplay.

trailer for the new arkane game, death loop, which i hadn't known about but am immediately interested in.

devil may cry 5 special edition announced.

gameplay from the new oddworld game, which looks great.

and they announced the playstation plus collection, a new perk for ps plus members on the ps5, that is basically a very slimmed down game pass concept. a bunch of ps4 titles, including a bunch of big first party ones like god of war, bloodborne and uncharted will be available to download and play on the ps5. no info about whether more older gen games will be added or if any current gen will end up releasing in the collection.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I'm not going next gen anytime soon. I might just buy a better graphics card for my PC.
    yeah I’m def going PC this gen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Called Ragnorak
    I DIDNT ASK YOU GRIFFWARD.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    final fantasy 16 announcement and trailer.

a harry potter rpg game.

demon's souls remake looks awesome.

spiderman: miles morales gameplay.

really ridiculous and fun action set piece from blops cold war.

resident evil 8 gameplay.

trailer for the new arkane game, death loop, which i hadn't known about but am immediately interested in.

devil may cry 5 special edition announced.

gameplay from the new oddworld game, which looks great.

and they announced the playstation plus collection, a new perk for ps plus members on the ps5, that is basically a very slimmed down game pass concept. a bunch of ps4 titles, including a bunch of big first party ones like god of war, bloodborne and uncharted will be available to download and play on the ps5. no info about whether more older gen games will be added or if any current gen will end up releasing in the collection.

oof thanks. Going between all my group chats and trying to watch all the trailers, just needed a good rundown lol.

demons souls looks sick, I never played the original. I see it’s also gonna be on PC...hmmm....

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think I'm going to go about a year before getting it.

Not sure about changing my 1080 TI although the 3080 is apparently testing as twice as fast... Nah I don't want to go in there and mess around with that beast yet.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to go about a year before getting it.

Not sure about changing my 1080 TI although the 3080 is apparently testing as twice as fast... Nah I don't want to go in there and mess around with that beast yet.
    i'm bumping up to the 3080 from my 1070 and figure i'll be set for a good long while. a lot of the benchmarks i'm seeing release today are just comparing to the 20-series, and it's insane.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    yeah I’m def going PC this gen

I DIDNT ASK YOU GRIFFWARD.
    Sorry

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i'm bumping up to the 3080 from my 1070 and figure i'll be set for a good long while. a lot of the benchmarks i'm seeing release today are just comparing to the 20-series, and it's insane.
    Yeah even with my 1080ti I'm strongly considering it, but think I'll hold off. I find I can't really play in 1440p in all games, which the 3080 would let me do, but I'm ok for now. I have less time to play games anyways these days. But still this 3080 seems ridiculous and a worthwhile upgrade.