Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 2600

Thread: Streaming Recommendation/Currently Watching Thread

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    I began season 2 of 911 and began season 1 of M*A*S*H
    No shit you're watching MASH? That's awesome. That's like hearing someone is going to binge watch Barney Miller.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    No shit you're watching MASH? That's awesome. That's like hearing someone is going to binge watch Barney Miller.
    Hahaa. Yes it is on Disney.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There's a teaser out for the new season of The Boys but it shows a lot of stuff that I think is probably better to wait for. I'd recommend not watching it if you don't want moments spoiled.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The final scene of the finale of Mrs. Maisel was phenomenal. If Luke Kirby wins another Emmy for playing Lenny Bruce, it’ll be because of his work in the finale. Nothing short of brilliant.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I started watching Upload season 2. I really like this show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I started watching Upload season 2. I really like this show.
    Yeah I love it. Can't remember shit from season one which was like two years ago but I don't have the time to rewatch past seasons of every show on TV just because streaming services want to get 18 to 24 months between seasons to become the new norm.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I binged the first 7 episodes of “Bel-Air”. Kind of a mixed bag IMO. I appreciated the fact that it couldn’t be a carbon copy of the original plus liked the nods to the show’s episodes. Jabari Banks had big shoes to fill as Will but he did a decent job. It was jarring to see how dark and twisted they’ve made Carlton but at the same time somewhat compelling. Olly Sholotan has acted it well and also handled the Twitter hate because it’s not the Carlton we’re used to. Geoffrey (Thompson? Jamaican?) and Ashley have gone in new directions too with the latter only being introduced late. Uncle Phil, Aunt Viv and Hillary I think are a bit more modern-day and closer to the originals.

It’s been okay but not amazing so far but maybe a bit more light humour in between all the drama could have been better.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I love it. Can't remember shit from season one which was like two years ago but I don't have the time to rewatch past seasons of every show on TV just because streaming services want to get 18 to 24 months between seasons to become the new norm.
    That ending seemed very abrupt. I hope it's not two years til the next season.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Joe vs Carole show on Peacock is pretty good. Very good cast though the series is late to the party.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scream 5 was alright.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Scream 5 was alright.
    Yeah I liked it. As repetitive as the plot is getting after 25 years.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There is no Scream 5. They had Scream 4, and then this year they released Scream.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, it's 5cream. Get it right.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stop pressuring me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Scream (2022) is awful.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Encanto was a delight, much better than Scream (2022)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Eight episodes down of “Drive to Survive”. So good.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My wife and I have been watching The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes. Crazy how everyone bought into her shit and how she thought she could be the next Steve Jobs just by talking with a manly voice and wearing a black turtleneck.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I started watching Dark. I have a hard time learning characters in foreign language shows but luckily there's a spoiler free character sheet that I found on Reddit. I'm ready to be confused by all of the time travel shenanigans.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about 2 and a half episodes into The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window... and it's pretty solid so far, but it's definitely a show where it's tough to judge it until I see where it goes and how it ends up. I haven't read any reviews but I've seen that the aggregate review sites have it as "mixed", so it's not a critical darling. But if you like Kristen Bell and mystery thrillers, it's pretty interesting so far. It's supposed to be a parody of the genre, so while it's not a comedy per se, it's got a lot of understated dark humor mocking these type of movies/shows.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I sat through the entire first episode of Winning Time when I realized it's a series, not a feature length film. By the time I was halfway through the second episode I had kinda lost interest. Great material, just not something I really have time for.
    Big takeaway is that John C. Reilly is undoubtedly a contender for best actor of his generation. On this character specifically, I'll say that a man who takes time to think before speaking is a treasure to have as company, but to see such a man portayed on screen is almost just as much a pleasure of an experience.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I finished season 1 of Dark and this show is fucking insane. Holy shit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this show is so awesome. i couldn't stop watching. love the score during the show.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    this show is so awesome. i couldn't stop watching. love the score during the show.
    Do you guys watch this in German with subtitles or with dubbing? I just read the description and it sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll check it out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Do you guys watch this in German with subtitles or with dubbing? I just read the description and it sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll check it out.
    i did the English version. it takes time getting used to and funny at times when it shouldn't be. I did hear from others it's better to watch the German version with subtitles. I would give them both a shot and see what you prefer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When I watch anime a lot of the time I watch dubs and when I watched Squid Game I even watched the dub (which is terrible), but I just couldn't do it for Dark.

The bright side of watching a subtitle show is I'm forced not to be on my phone so I can pay attention. I paused it just now to reply.

It's only 3 seasons and 26 total episodes but I've been assured it wraps up well and doesn't leave as many unanswered questions as something like Lost did.

If you decide to watch it you should use the website for character sheets so you can keep track of who's who. It gets kind of Game of Thrones-y with the families.

https://dark.netflix.io/en

Just only pick the furthest episode you've seen to not be spoiled so like when I finish season 2 episode 4 I click that on the website when I start season 2 episode 5. It really helps me keep track of everything.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about 2 and a half episodes into The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window... and it's pretty solid so far, but it's definitely a show where it's tough to judge it until I see where it goes and how it ends up. I haven't read any reviews but I've seen that the aggregate review sites have it as "mixed", so it's not a critical darling. But if you like Kristen Bell and mystery thrillers, it's pretty interesting so far. It's supposed to be a parody of the genre, so while it's not a comedy per se, it's got a lot of understated dark humor mocking these type of movies/shows.
    I watched the end of this, and the ending was a little bizarre. It succeeded in surprising me, but in a cheap, not very satisfying way. I can for sure see how the ending left critics with a bad taste in their mouth, even though I enjoyed the bulk of the series.

Scream is a movie that parodied its genre while also being a high quality installment of its genre. The Woman in the House tried and failed to do something similar. It didn't know how to do the parody thing well enough to be funny (other than a few sporadic laugh out loud moments). It used absurd plot twists and dialogues to make sure you knew it was a parody, but it probably would have been better served as a straight mystery thriller.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I watch anime a lot of the time I watch dubs and when I watched Squid Game I even watched the dub (which is terrible), but I just couldn't do it for Dark.

The bright side of watching a subtitle show is I'm forced not to be on my phone so I can pay attention. I paused it just now to reply.

It's only 3 seasons and 26 total episodes but I've been assured it wraps up well and doesn't leave as many unanswered questions as something like Lost did.

If you decide to watch it you should use the website for character sheets so you can keep track of who's who. It gets kind of Game of Thrones-y with the families.

https://dark.netflix.io/en

Just only pick the furthest episode you've seen to not be spoiled so like when I finish season 2 episode 4 I click that on the website when I start season 2 episode 5. It really helps me keep track of everything.
    the family tree is insane with how they all connect

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jackass Forever is on Paramount+ so I'll be watching that tomorrow.

Only 2 episodes left of Dark and then I get to watch YouTube videos explaining wtf happened.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched the end of this, and the ending was a little bizarre. It succeeded in surprising me, but in a cheap, not very satisfying way. I can for sure see how the ending left critics with a bad taste in their mouth, even though I enjoyed the bulk of the series.

Scream is a movie that parodied its genre while also being a high quality installment of its genre. The Woman in the House tried and failed to do something similar. It didn't know how to do the parody thing well enough to be funny (other than a few sporadic laugh out loud moments). It used absurd plot twists and dialogues to make sure you knew it was a parody, but it probably would have been better served as a straight mystery thriller.
    This shit was dumb. I wish you gave better warning before I watched it all. People, don't waste your time on this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody seen From on the Epix app? It's fucking sick. It's Lost but it's horror.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anybody seen From on the Epix app? It's fucking sick. It's Lost but it's horror.
    Justwatch.com showed this as also being on Amazon Prime Video so I searched for it and you can watch the first 3 episodes free there and then you have to subscribe to the Epix channel through Prime for the rest but there is a 7 day free trial available.

That website is great for when you want to watch a movie or TV show but don't know if it's available on any streaming service.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justwatch.com showed this as also being on Amazon Prime Video so I searched for it and you can watch the first 3 episodes free there and then you have to subscribe to the Epix channel through Prime for the rest but there is a 7 day free trial available.

That website is great for when you want to watch a movie or TV show but don't know if it's available on any streaming service.
    Yeah I watched the first 3 for free and got hooked. The final ep comes out Sunday and you get a 7 day free trial with Epix so I highly recommend checking it out to anyone who digs mystery shows and/or horror.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good cast though the series is late to the party.
    Late to the party? I'm still waiting for the follow up to Tuca and Bertie!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started Outer Range aka YellowLost. Seems good

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just started Reacher on Amazon Prime. I was really just looking for a mindless action show to have on but it's turned out to be more interesting than that. Big dude from Blue Mountain State can act better than I would have thought too.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally watched Ted Lasso season 2, and it was great. The praise this show gets is well deserved.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode two of YellowLost just answered more questions in its second episode than Lost did in 5 years. This show is fucking good. Josh Brolin like a motherfucker.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally watched Ted Lasso season 2, and it was great. The praise this show gets is well deserved.
    it is a wonderful experience.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    it is a wonderful experience.
    I especially love Roy and Keeley. Both great characters, and they're a great couple. They better not break up!

Roy Kent is to Ted Lasso what Ron Swanson is to Leslie Knope.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very sound comparison.

Between the vacation, school teacher, and Jamie....they are definitely going to have some struggles this season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely got a lot of moving targets in terms of stories but it's still entertaining.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Heartstopper" on Netflix is a wholesome delight that is exactly the uplifting content we need in these unprecedented times.

Just cracked into season 2 of "Russian Doll" a couple day ago and it's very intriguing so far.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched episode 1 of The Flight Attendant, and I thought it was pretty good. Kaley Cuoco is gorgeous and can absolutely carry a series. The directing/editing was sleek and stylish. The story set-up was solid, but we'll see where it goes. It's very much up the same alley as The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window so @Bert you should check it out.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I heard that The Flight Attendant got a 2nd season. I'm about to watch the new season of Ozark with my wife though and given the baby that's going to take us a while. I started watching Succession on my own but I'm still on the first season.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that The Flight Attendant got a 2nd season. I'm about to watch the new season of Ozark with my wife though and given the baby that's going to take us a while. I started watching Succession on my own but I'm still on the first season.
    First episode was major. Maybe the best Ruth ep yet.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only kidding, but in all seriousness it is a very similar concept, to the point where I feel like The Woman in the House possibly got greenlit off the success of The Flight Attendant. Woman in the House takes place in the suburbs while Flight Attendant is an international setting, but otherwise both have an alcoholic not-totally-sane blonde hotty involved in a murder mystery.

I'm still only 1 episode into it, mind you. The reviews seem to be much stronger than the Kristen Bell joint, though, so I expect it will be a more satisfying ride.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I flitter from one tv show to the next. Currently into Better Call Saul and it's fantastic, on season 1.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freddy's Nightmares on Tubi. I think I saw maybe 2 episodes when I was younger. I remember they would be on super late at night like 2am right before the channel would go into the national anthem or play taps lol.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Freddy's Nightmares on Tubi. I think I saw maybe 2 episodes when I was younger. I remember they would be on super late at night like 2am right before the channel would go into the national anthem or play taps lol.
    I was so let down by that show as a kid lol. Freddie butchered people but you can't show blood on network TV in the 80s so it was all a bunch of ironic endings.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so let down by that show as a kid lol. Freddie butchered people but you can't show blood on network TV in the 80s so it was all a bunch of ironic endings.
    Or the blood you did see was very corny. Last night I watched the one I know for sure I saw with Lori Pretty as a track star. And the blood in that was like Chef Boyardee sauce but you didn't see the act.

I'm only a few eps in but it seems like they don't tie these in with the movies. There's Freddy, there's Springwood, the backstory. Just some of the characters are missing like Nancy's parents. Especially her Dad.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bert this looks incredible and I can’t wait.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6TkRPiHyQg

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New season of Love Death + Robots just dropped on Netflix. Thankfully it's more episodes than the last season but it's a bit of a mixed bag. There are a few really good ones but there are also a few that seem fairly similar to each other and some that seem to end kind of abruptly. I really enjoy seeing the different animation styles so even if the actual content might be lacking, it's usually still pretty interesting to look at. Probably going to go back and rewatch the first season at some point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outer Range was definitely ambitious with what it was doing. Was all over the place and a tricky one to follow, but still good. The twist at the end started to click a bit when I noticed a few things but it's still quirky as hell lol.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 24th, 2022 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Outer Range was definitely ambitious with what it was doing. Was all over the place and a tricky one to follow, but still good. The twist at the end started to click a bit when I noticed a few things but it's still quirky as hell lol.
    I read that

Anyway it's a great show and tremendously well cast.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stranger things binge this weekend.

And Top Gun.

This will be a fine week of entertainment

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking X is finally up for rent.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shorsey is going to be awesome.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shorezy does look great. Stranger Things, Shorezy, the Boy.....good run coming right now

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “Shoresy” was awesome. Jared Keeso cemented his status as one of the best minds in the TV writing field.

I had questions about that character getting a spin-off but gave Jared the benefit of the doubt, he absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking X is finally up for rent.
    X is really good. Takes way too long to get going.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think so. I think it's a flawless horror film.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Idk, this shit looks pretty good to me..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That looks good, I’m in.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    “Shoresy” was awesome. Jared Keeso cemented his status as one of the best minds in the TV writing field.

I had questions about that character getting a spin-off but gave Jared the benefit of the doubt, he absolutely knocked it out of the park.
    Shoresy was wonderful.

Just a top notch show. Can't wait for the next season.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Finished season six of “Peaky Blinders” last night.

It was good albeit too short, left me with many questions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need better content from Kevin Smith. Most of his content just does not seem to do anything for me.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I need better content from Kevin Smith. Most of his content just does not seem to do anything for me.
    I can't wait for Clerks 3. It looks like Elias is goth now lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not too heavily invested in Clerks.
    I suppose you recommend I give it another go, yeah?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bear on FX. Two thumbs up. Admittedly I’m a big Jeremy Allan White fan from his Shameless days, but The Bear is amazing. Very well done show about a guy who inherits his brothers restaurant. The characters are great, it’s chaotic and gritty and uncomfortable to watch at times. There’s a seven minute monologue in one episode that is nothing short of brilliant.

Do yourself a favor and check it out. It’s already been renewed for a second season.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished the entire first season of Golden Girls on Hulu, I approve!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The Bear on FX. Two thumbs up. Admittedly I’m a big Jeremy Allan White fan from his Shameless days, but The Bear is amazing. Very well done show about a guy who inherits his brothers restaurant. The characters are great, it’s chaotic and gritty and uncomfortable to watch at times. There’s a seven minute monologue in one episode that is nothing short of brilliant.

Do yourself a favor and check it out. It’s already been renewed for a second season.
    This shit's really good, couldn't agree more. We downed the first four episodes a couple weeks ago and have just been busy busy ever since, but really looking forward to diving right back in to see how things turn out.

Watching the overwhelming and continuous stress on Carmy's face is just gut wrenching and yet I can't look away. White is fucking killing it here.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not too heavily invested in Clerks.
    I suppose you recommend I give it another go, yeah?
    I mean if that dialog doesn't grab you then I wouldn't bother. Clerks II is my favorite.

It's the best thing I've seen in forever. Jeremy Allen White is so good. Only issue with the show is it should be an hour. Can't wait for season 2.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the best thing I've seen in forever. Jeremy Allen White is so good. Only issue with the show is it should be an hour. Can't wait for season 2.
    Yeah I'd love it to be an hour. That would be great. I'm pumped they already announced the second season.

Not sure if you've ever watched the U.S. version of Shameless but White steals the show. Some of his performances are gut wrenching.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd love it to be an hour. That would be great. I'm pumped they already announced the second season.

Not sure if you've ever watched the U.S. version of Shameless but White steals the show. Some of his performances are gut wrenching.
    I've seen quite a few episodes just sitting with my wife who was obsessed with it. Enough to know White has the chops of a young Pacino. Just that quiet intensity thing where he just lets it build up and then explodes. It works so good in a show about the insanities of working in a kitchen. You can just read everything on his face. I mean that motherfucker can act.

Anyway I keep hearing how it's so close to the real stress of restaurant work that most people that really do it for a living can't watch the show because it gives them anxiety.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had that experience.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished the entire first season of Golden Girls on Hulu, I approve!
    Have you heard about Golden Girls 3033?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...lot-video/amp/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen quite a few episodes just sitting with my wife who was obsessed with it. Enough to know White has the chops of a young Pacino. Just that quiet intensity thing where he just lets it build up and then explodes. It works so good in a show about the insanities of working in a kitchen. You can just read everything on his face. I mean that motherfucker can act.

Anyway I keep hearing how it's so close to the real stress of restaurant work that most people that really do it for a living can't watch the show because it gives them anxiety.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had that experience.
    I told my boy, who left the restaurant industry last year after almost 20 years and was a head chef for about half that time, about The Bear and he watched it. Said it brought back so many bad memories he wanted to start drinking again for the first time in four years. He said watching it really captured the stress of a kitchen but also the good parts, like people learning new skills and being proud of them. But mainly that it was very close to his experience as a head chef, including how much the paperwork and budgeting sucked.

He finally had to get out because he knew it was going to kill him. Now he's a chef in a corporate kitchen so he works a regular schedule Monday to Friday, doesn't have to deal with dickhead owners, he just goes in and cooks big pots of soup and mac and cheese and clocks out on time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you heard about Golden Girls 3033?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...lot-video/amp/
    No, this is the first I am hearing of it, but I'm still a long ways off from that.
    I do love that they keep Stan, of all people, for some reason.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great trailer here for the third season of Mythic Quest. underrated show!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going to drop Netflix at the end of the month and go without it for awhile. Planning to sign up for Shudder.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to get shudder back. It's been probably 6 months since I've had it so there must be some new shit up I need to watch.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Shudder is amazing. I watched This Is GWAR over the weekend on there. Their Creepshow series is fantastic too. Think a new season this fall.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking to do something about my subscription service situation, but I'm watching something on so many things right now that I don't want to drop any of them even if it were only for some months at a time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm winding down on what shows I'm religiously watching.

Netflix: Umbrella Academy and Friday Night Lights
    Paramount+: Evil
    Hulu: Old Man
    Tubi: Freddy's Nightmares

Now there are shows I put on here and there on various platforms like an old anime or a show that I'm not making it a point to watch. I don't get a ton of time to watch tv as it is but the ones mentioned above are the must see shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Shudder is amazing. I watched This Is GWAR over the weekend on there. Their Creepshow series is fantastic too. Think a new season this fall.
    So for Prime I have the AMC+ channel so I get Shudder for free. I'm almost done with the latest season of Creepshow about to check out the animated one as well. I have the AMC+ for Walking Dead and Better Call Saul since I don't have cable. So I just cancel it when neither show is going on and then re-up when they come back.

I was going through all my streaming services and it's still less than what I was paying with cable 6 years ago.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointed in the Terminal List series. Very different from the books. I'm surprised it wasn't very good considering I do like Chris Pratt and Antoine Fuqua. Not sure if they're going to make another series from another book or not, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resident Evil was fine. I don't get all the hate. Yeah it's not like the games. Not at all. Not one little bit. Holy fucking shit.

Just started Paper Girls. Seems awesome as shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Resident Evil" on Netflix is a fine little adaptation that doesn't really "adapt" anything. It feels like somebody came up with something that's one-half CW teen drama and one-half "Mad Max apocalypse zombie future" stuff and just mashed them both together.

The main character, Jade Wesker, as an adult is fine. She's competent, she's hot, and she's a good enough actress to pull off the B-movie zombie stuff.

Jade and Billie Wesker as 14-year old high school girls is the part I can't stand. Every time they show up in the 2022 flashback scenes to snark and be overly dramatic, I just wanted them to shut the fuck up and wanted the show to get back to the cool 2036 Monster Mash stuff.

Its a show of two-halves and hopefully, if the show gets a second season, we'll see the timeline gaps close and see Jade and Billie grow up, see how the world ending apocalypse stuff actually plays out, and get away from the CW teenager bullshit.

Maybe if we get a Season 3, we'll catchup all the way to 2036 and the whole season can be the cool, "Mad Max" zombie shit.

Couple little things:

- I don't mind making Wesker black. He's a clone, there's no reason to assume that OG Wesker wasn't white and they decided to make his clone black.

- Billie Wesker looks like a younger Billie Eilish. Putting her in a yellow rain jacket in her first scene couldn't have been unintentional.

- The main villain chick is the biggest, smuggest cunt I've ever seen on TV and I hope she winds up zombie chow in a future season.

- The series dips into the monster menagerie more than the Resident Alice movies or even the most recent Resident Reboot movie: The giant worm, the giant spider, the Licker scene was cool as fuck, the alligator. All pretty cool shit.

- I want Hunters, crows, a giant moth, and a decent version of The Tyrant if we get a Season 2.

- Calling zombies "Zeroes" was stupid. Just call them damn zombies. Why does every zombie horror show have to come up with a new name for zombies? They've even been called zombies in the games.

- What's even more galling about Zeroes/zombies, people call Lickers "Lickers" and nobody bats an eye at that stupid name. In the game, they're only called "Lickers" in one document you might not even find or just kind of skim or gloss over. One dude called them that in a handwritten note that one person found in a city nuked off the face of the Eastern seaboard, but yet their names are common knowledge? The mind boggles.

- Was "Barry" in the crazy cat lady's apartment supposed to be Barry from Resident Evil 1? Because if he was...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesker is just black. I felt like they made that clear in that one episode where we see him in his jacket and sunglasses. Not sure why this is a hang up for so many people either.

Anyway I liked the show too. It wasn't great. The acting was good but they were pretty lazy getting adult versions of the girls to look anything like their younger counterparts. Kind of makes you think the casting director thinks all people of color look the same. But the creatures were badass, each episode moved pretty fast and because they're not beholden to the storyline from the games you never really know what's going to happen next and thats a plus.

I really hope we get a season 2 but the anti woke robots are so determined to ruin the shows reputation that it probably won't happen. They've raided imdb to make sure it's getting like a 3 star rating which is fucking laughable.

While not a great show its still a damn good show that is plenty of fun and worth watching if you like Sci fi/horror.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been a huge movie person since, unfortunately, they are a time commitment, but I'm trying to catch up, which I know is a daunting task.

Lightyear is the most recent movie I've seen and 12 Angry Men (1957) is the oldest. I'm leaning towards watching the other versions of 12 Angry Men before moving on to something else.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Almost done season three of “Power”.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncoupled (Netflix)

Neil Patrick Harris gets dumped by his boyfriend of 17 years, then goes through a journey of self discovery in which he discovers everything except that he's an egotistical shit head.

The highlights of the show were Marcia Gay Harden and Tisha Campbell. I don't know that I've ever seen NPH be so unlikeable in anything he's done.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Never been a huge movie person since, unfortunately, they are a time commitment, but I'm trying to catch up, which I know is a daunting task.

Lightyear is the most recent movie I've seen and 12 Angry Men (1957) is the oldest. I'm leaning towards watching the other versions of 12 Angry Men before moving on to something else.
    Sidney Lumet was a master director. I miss him dearly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about directors, didn’t even know he directed it, but the work in 12 Angry Men was great

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow night on Peacock, Pluto, ect

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paramount+ needs to release another season of the Best of Comedy Central roasts.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Been really enjoying the new Interview With the Vampire series, on AMC.

Updated in what I believe is a very believable way that still keeps absolutely all the touchstone elements of the original.

I also say this as a huge fan of Anne Rice's original works having read the first 4 books, and just can't get enough of catching up with Louis and Lestat and Daniel and Claudia, etc.

3 episodes in and I'd recommend it for anyone, but particularly for anyone who's taken in at least some of the source material.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reboot on Hulu is great. Random cast of Paul Reiser, Johnny Knoxville, Judy Greer, and Keegan-Michael Key.

It's a semi-meta take on a popular fictional 90s/00s show getting rebooted with the same cast and how they're handling it. Very funny. The best parts by far are Knoxville and the writers in the writers room. It's hilarious to see the old school writers trying to make jokes while the more "woke" younger writers try to explain why the jokes aren't funny - despite obviously finding the jokes funny at times. Highly recommend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reboot on Hulu is great. Random cast of Paul Reiser, Johnny Knoxville, Judy Greer, and Keegan-Michael Key.

It's a semi-meta take on a popular fictional 90s/00s show getting rebooted with the same cast and how they're handling it. Very funny. The best parts by far are Knoxville and the writers in the writers room. It's hilarious to see the old school writers trying to make jokes while the more "woke" younger writers try to explain why the jokes aren't funny - despite obviously finding the jokes funny at times. Highly recommend.
    I have this on my watch list but I still haven't checked it out. I love the premise and the cast is very solid.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I have this on my watch list but I still haven't checked it out. I love the premise and the cast is very solid.
    I think there are six or eight episodes so far and we caught up in two nights. Really funny but also has poignant moments. I've never really seen anything with Judy Greer as the lead and she's very funny. Knoxville is really good. I don't expect award winning acting from him but he's very earnest and plays his role well.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yup I really enjoy it. Very easy to catch-up with as I also caught up in the span of two days.