Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,608 of 1608

Thread: Streaming Recommendation/Currently Watching Thread

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bly was meh, just finished Hill House and it was a million times better. I don't know how anyone can say Bly was better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Bly was meh, just finished Hill House and it was a million times better. I don't know how anyone can say Bly was better.
    It definitely was disappointing after Hill House, it didn't really hold my attention much, it wasn't scary and the characters weren't as interesting. I wish they would of just continued with Hill House but go back further to the original owners.

I just finished binge watching Kingdom on Netflix. Definitely a good show you probably never heard of. The cast is really solid, Jonathan Tucker is phenomenal and I can only justify his lack of recognition for his role being due to the fact that most people probably weren't aware the show existed. The ending is rushed but definitely emotional, more emotional than I expected.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I just finished binge watching Kingdom on Netflix. Definitely a good show you probably never heard of. The cast is really solid, Jonathan Tucker is phenomenal and I can only justify his lack of recognition for his role being due to the fact that most people probably weren't aware the show existed. The ending is rushed but definitely emotional, more emotional than I expected.
    I really enjoyed “Kingdom”, agree 100% that Tucker stole the show; might be due a rewatch down the road...

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hill House is definitely a better horror series for sure, but I think Bly creates better characters in that series.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished The Good Place. I thought about bumping the thread but since there was some recent discussion of it in here, this seems like a fine place to post my thoughts.

Overall I loved the show and consider Michael Schur to be one of the great comedic minds of today. It's not as funny as Parks & Rec or Brooklyn Nine Nine but it's still very funny (especially Jason and Eleanor) and what it provides in terms of narrative is really special. It won't have the same replay value as those funny, episodic comedies that you can throw on with ease but it was a great journey with lots of heartfelt and introspective moments, and a cool concept of afterlife. I would compare it to Last Man on Earth (another show I recently finished) in being a non-traditional serial comedy that blends silliness with a huge otherworldly narrative that goes straight through from one season to the next, never slowing down and often changing up the dynamic of the show. Jason had the funniest lines for sure - such a good character.

I really liked how they wrapped everything up for the main characters but I just have one semi major complaint:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Finished Kingdom (MMA not weird zombie). I'm hearing a possible 4th season may be in the works. I guess ever since it debuted on Netflix back in June-July it's been one of the most watched new shows. If this show was on Netflix from the start or HBO/Showtime, we'd be into Season 5-6 by now. But it lacked an audience and funding.
    I was looking for something new to watch and saw you and a couple of other people here mention it so I gave it a show. Binge watched the hell out of it the past couple of days and just finished the last episode. What a great cast. Johnathan Tucker is great in whatever he's in but this role was so different than I've seen him in Justified or Parenthood, he got to show so much range. Matt Lauria was great on Friday Night Lights so I knew he'd be good here. It was great to see how many fighters and trainers they brought in too. I was a little hesitant watching a show starting a Jonas brother but Nick Jonas did a great job. I'd really only seen Frank Grillo as Crossbones in Avengers movies but he's a great actor and I love hearing how much he really is into MMA. I'll probably watch through the one and only series of his show Fightworld while trying to figure out what I want to watch next. But I would love a season 4, 5, and 6 of Kingdom. Jay Kulina vs Ryan Wheeler 3, please.

I got an Nvidia Shield TV for my birthday from my wife and bought myself a 4TB harddrive to make a Plex server, and I've been filling it up with TV shows and movies. I might watch the Snowpiercer show next, I'll have to watch the movie first though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    For All Mankind
    Tehran
    Star Trek Discovery S3

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    For All Mankind
    Tehran
    Star Trek Discovery S3
    Fuck I still haven't finished season 2 of discovery. Gotta get on that.