User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,700 of 2517

Thread: Streaming Recommendation/Currently Watching Thread

  1. #1601
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Bly was meh, just finished Hill House and it was a million times better. I don't know how anyone can say Bly was better.

  2. #1602
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,635
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112061
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Bly was meh, just finished Hill House and it was a million times better. I don't know how anyone can say Bly was better.
    It definitely was disappointing after Hill House, it didn't really hold my attention much, it wasn't scary and the characters weren't as interesting. I wish they would of just continued with Hill House but go back further to the original owners.

    I just finished binge watching Kingdom on Netflix. Definitely a good show you probably never heard of. The cast is really solid, Jonathan Tucker is phenomenal and I can only justify his lack of recognition for his role being due to the fact that most people probably weren't aware the show existed. The ending is rushed but definitely emotional, more emotional than I expected.

  3. #1603
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I just finished binge watching Kingdom on Netflix. Definitely a good show you probably never heard of. The cast is really solid, Jonathan Tucker is phenomenal and I can only justify his lack of recognition for his role being due to the fact that most people probably weren't aware the show existed. The ending is rushed but definitely emotional, more emotional than I expected.
    I really enjoyed “Kingdom”, agree 100% that Tucker stole the show; might be due a rewatch down the road...

  4. #1604
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,772
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    834480
    usa
    Hill House is definitely a better horror series for sure, but I think Bly creates better characters in that series.

  5. #1605
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,522
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    I finished The Good Place. I thought about bumping the thread but since there was some recent discussion of it in here, this seems like a fine place to post my thoughts.

    Overall I loved the show and consider Michael Schur to be one of the great comedic minds of today. It's not as funny as Parks & Rec or Brooklyn Nine Nine but it's still very funny (especially Jason and Eleanor) and what it provides in terms of narrative is really special. It won't have the same replay value as those funny, episodic comedies that you can throw on with ease but it was a great journey with lots of heartfelt and introspective moments, and a cool concept of afterlife. I would compare it to Last Man on Earth (another show I recently finished) in being a non-traditional serial comedy that blends silliness with a huge otherworldly narrative that goes straight through from one season to the next, never slowing down and often changing up the dynamic of the show. Jason had the funniest lines for sure - such a good character.

    I really liked how they wrapped everything up for the main characters but I just have one semi major complaint:


  6. #1606
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Finished Kingdom (MMA not weird zombie). I'm hearing a possible 4th season may be in the works. I guess ever since it debuted on Netflix back in June-July it's been one of the most watched new shows. If this show was on Netflix from the start or HBO/Showtime, we'd be into Season 5-6 by now. But it lacked an audience and funding.
    I was looking for something new to watch and saw you and a couple of other people here mention it so I gave it a show. Binge watched the hell out of it the past couple of days and just finished the last episode. What a great cast. Johnathan Tucker is great in whatever he's in but this role was so different than I've seen him in Justified or Parenthood, he got to show so much range. Matt Lauria was great on Friday Night Lights so I knew he'd be good here. It was great to see how many fighters and trainers they brought in too. I was a little hesitant watching a show starting a Jonas brother but Nick Jonas did a great job. I'd really only seen Frank Grillo as Crossbones in Avengers movies but he's a great actor and I love hearing how much he really is into MMA. I'll probably watch through the one and only series of his show Fightworld while trying to figure out what I want to watch next. But I would love a season 4, 5, and 6 of Kingdom. Jay Kulina vs Ryan Wheeler 3, please.

    I got an Nvidia Shield TV for my birthday from my wife and bought myself a 4TB harddrive to make a Plex server, and I've been filling it up with TV shows and movies. I might watch the Snowpiercer show next, I'll have to watch the movie first though.

  7. #1607
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,820
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    767893
    maldives
    For All Mankind
    Tehran
    Star Trek Discovery S3

  8. #1608
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,452
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1068179
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    For All Mankind
    Tehran
    Star Trek Discovery S3
    Fuck I still haven't finished season 2 of discovery. Gotta get on that.

  9. #1609
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    Awesome @Fro. I loved Janet and Jason too, I laughed a lot at both of them. I cried at the ending.

    I am still watching Golden Girls, just began Parks and Rec.

  10. #1610
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I finished The Good Place. I thought about bumping the thread but since there was some recent discussion of it in here, this seems like a fine place to post my thoughts.

    Overall I loved the show and consider Michael Schur to be one of the great comedic minds of today. It's not as funny as Parks & Rec or Brooklyn Nine Nine but it's still very funny (especially Jason and Eleanor) and what it provides in terms of narrative is really special. It won't have the same replay value as those funny, episodic comedies that you can throw on with ease but it was a great journey with lots of heartfelt and introspective moments, and a cool concept of afterlife. I would compare it to Last Man on Earth (another show I recently finished) in being a non-traditional serial comedy that blends silliness with a huge otherworldly narrative that goes straight through from one season to the next, never slowing down and often changing up the dynamic of the show. Jason had the funniest lines for sure - such a good character.

    I really liked how they wrapped everything up for the main characters but I just have one semi major complaint:

    the real question on my mind is


  11. #1611
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Chapelle's Show is on Netflix.

    'Cuz fuck 'em that's why.

  12. #1612
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,522
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    the real question on my mind is

    Hmm I don't actually quite know what you're referring to. You're talking about his turn at the end of season 1?

  13. #1613
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Hmm I don't actually quite know what you're referring to. You're talking about his turn at the end of season 1?
    yes

  14. #1614
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,522
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    yes

  15. #1615
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    when it first aired definitely. the twist combined with the laugh helped sell it.

  16. #1616
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Ted Danson is awesome. I'm going to watch Cheers now

  17. #1617
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    @Melly I think you watch RuPaul's Drag Race, have you seen the recent Canada one and the current Holland one? The finale was on Wednesday and me and the wife are going to watch it tonight. Great stuff. They also announced Drag Race UK Season 2 for early next year.

  18. #1618
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    @Melly I think you watch RuPaul's Drag Race, have you seen the recent Canada one and the current Holland one? The finale was on Wednesday and me and the wife are going to watch it tonight. Great stuff. They also announced Drag Race UK Season 2 for early next year.
    I watched the Canadian version, it was pretty fun. Jimbo >>>


    I didn't know there was a Holland version. Yaaaay for another UK one, I loved the queens on that one. Baga Chipz was my soulmate.

  19. #1619
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Baga Chipz's Trump impersonation is legendary.

  20. #1620
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    I started watching Banshee because Anthony Starr is such a good actor on The Boys, it's a good show. He plays a thief who was in prison for 15 years, gets out, and then after a sheriff dies assumes his identity.

  21. #1621
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I started watching Banshee because Anthony Starr is such a good actor on The Boys, it's a good show. He plays a thief who was in prison for 15 years, gets out, and then after a sheriff dies assumes his identity.
    I quite enjoyed that series.

  22. #1622
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Searching for The Law
    Posts
    5,218
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117439
    Banshee is so underrated. One of my favorite shows. So much action and fun.

  23. #1623
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Banshee is so underrated. One of my favorite shows. So much action and fun.
    Not to mention a couple of absolute snipers...

  24. #1624
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    Now watching season 1 of This Is Us.

  25. #1625
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I've been watching Gilmore Girls recently. Though every time I see Dean I have an urge to watch Supernatural again.

  26. #1626
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    I finished Banshee. It was good but the last season was weak compared to the first 3.

    I'll probably catch up on Supernatural's last season next.

  27. #1627
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I finished Banshee. It was good but the last season was weak compared to the first 3.

    I'll probably catch up on Supernatural's last season next.
    is it done? I was waiting for it to finish up. I am surprised I havent run into spoilers everywhere.

  28. #1628
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    is it done? I was waiting for it to finish up. I am surprised I havent run into spoilers everywhere.
    Series finale is this week, the 19th.

  29. #1629
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Series finale is this week, the 19th.
    I am going to miss dean so much. I hope his role in the boys is significant and lasting.

  30. #1630
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I think I last saw Season 9, maybe 10? Not sure. Last episode I recall is the one with the Miz actually. Forget what was happening in the main storyline, so I may just start in a season or two before 9 and watch till the end.

  31. #1631
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I am going to miss dean so much. I hope his role in the boys is significant and lasting.
    Me too. Me too.

    I've had the song from last week's montage running through my head for the last few days.

    Supernatural is the only show that can rival WWE in terms of montage quality.





    Notice I said "show". As far as movies, Rocky IV may never be topped for montages. It was basically a cyclle 5-9 minutes of exposition/dialogue and then a musical number/montage. There was the opening montage, the Draco montage, the James Brown number, Rocky driving in his porsche and shifting randomly, the first training montage, the continued training montage after Adrian arrived (culminating in the DRAGO yell), and then the fight turned into a montage (complete with semi-transparent round number pages falling).

    Just a tour de force of montage.

  32. #1632
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I finished Banshee. It was good but the last season was weak compared to the first 3.
    Season four definitely was subpar, almost like the writers rushed to throw something together in the limited number of episodes they had left.

  33. #1633
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Season four definitely was subpar, almost like the writers rushed to throw something together in the limited number of episodes they had left.
    I looked into it and it was the creators decision not to continue on , after

  34. #1634
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,605
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    226132
    Anyone here watch Maniac on Netflix with Jonah Hill and Emma Stone? I am 3 episodes in and it sort of has a sci fi black mirror type of vibe to it. I am digging it so far.

  35. #1635
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,353
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974450
    Wife and i watched the first episode when it premiered but didn't find it particularly engaging so we didn't bother continuing.

  36. #1636
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    I liked it, but the ending was a little flat.

  37. #1637
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    started Lucifer's latest season this morning.

    it's a bit meh for me and personally I think it's kind of a slap in the face to the fans that petitioned like crazy for it to be saved to give them a filler fluff episode. whatever that god awful shit was with that old timey la noir episode was horrible. Just seemed like they needed something to fill an episode for commitment.

  38. #1638
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Haven’t watched Lucifer but I liked the other show that guy was on...I think it was called Rush. Canceled after one or two seasons but it was good.

  39. #1639
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,605
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    226132
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Wife and i watched the first episode when it premiered but didn't find it particularly engaging so we didn't bother continuing.

    I ended up enjoying it. Like Bert said, the ending was a little flat but a good series. Acting was damn good.

  40. #1640
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    Okay how did Deadliest Catch make it to 6 seasons? What's so good about it?

  41. #1641
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    @mth and I finished season 2 of The Boys. What an incredible show!

  42. #1642
    Jobber
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Haven’t watched Lucifer but I liked the other show that guy was on...I think it was called Rush. Canceled after one or two seasons but it was good.
    Look at Lucifer too. Great TV show. I really liked it. I looked at him in one breath, although at first there were doubts. I looked at the reviews of the series and they did not inspire me, but in principle, each film is for an individual taste. Some people like it, others don't like it. I recommend from my point of view, you may also like it.

  43. #1643
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    Look at Lucifer too. Great TV show. I really liked it. I looked at him in one breath, although at first there were doubts. I looked at the reviews of the series and they did not inspire me, but in principle, each film is for an individual taste. Some people like it, others don't like it. I recommend from my point of view, you may also like it.
    I feel like one of us is having a stroke right now. Is it me?

    I started rewatching My Name Is Earl, great show.

    I've also been watching Impractical Jokers and I'm surprised that show hasn't been figuratively or literally canceled given the "current climate."

  44. #1644
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Decided to start Supernatural over from the beginning as I can't recall where I left off. Saw the first four episodes yesterday, and what a solid group of episodes they are. I've seen the Pilot about 20 times now, still my favorite episode. The Wendigo, lake, and airplane ones are also fantastic. Next up is the Bloody Mary episode.

  45. #1645
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,543
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Decided to start Supernatural over from the beginning as I can't recall where I left off. Saw the first four episodes yesterday, and what a solid group of episodes they are. I've seen the Pilot about 20 times now, still my favorite episode. The Wendigo, lake, and airplane ones are also fantastic. Next up is the Bloody Mary episode.
    I saw an episode once that had Batista on it. That was the only reason I watched it and for the life of me I don't remember what it was even about. The show looks cool and I wouldn't mind checking it out in the near future.

  46. #1646
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    I remember the Miz being in an episode, but not Batista. Must be a newer episode.

  47. #1647
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Think you're thinking of Smallville @Nash Diesel. Batista was on that.

  48. #1648
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    45,543
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2007169
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Think you're thinking of Smallville @Nash Diesel. Batista was on that.
    Ok I did get that confused but I swear a big dude was on Supernatural once. Someone like Kane maybe? I don't fucking know.

  49. #1649
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Ok I did get that confused but I swear a big dude was on Supernatural once. Someone like Kane maybe? I don't fucking know.
    the miz

    gonna start this over Thanksgiving break. finishing up the last season of agents if shield now.

  50. #1650
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    27,341
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1044727
    canada
    Let me know what you think of it virm.

    Agents of SHIELD that is.

  51. #1651
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Let me know what you think of it virm.

    Agents of SHIELD that is.
    I probably need to watch it again with a bit more of attention. The time travel stuff seems to be really messy and full of holes but even with that I am enjoying it. the time loop episode was fun.

    on episode 12.

  52. #1652
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    @Bert I finished Kingdom last night. Wow. What a show. The 2nd season was something to behold. And like everyone says, Tucker steals the show. Not a scene, or an episode, but the entire series was his. What an incredible character and actor to pull it off. I’m a sucker for layered characters who are good people but can’t get out of their own way. It’s a shame he didn’t get any award buzz for his work because he absolutely deserved it.

    Matt Lauria and the Jonas guy did great. I really believed them as MMA fighters.

    The music selection and writing was off the charts good.

    A few of my favorite moments/random thoughts:

  53. #1653
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    5,342
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1271072
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Chapelle's Show is on Netflix.

    'Cuz fuck 'em that's why.
    Chapelle asked Netflix to take it down since he wasn't getting paid for it. He's also asked his fans to not watch it.

    And Netflix agreed with him. They figured their relationship with him is more important.

  54. #1654
    Wyatt6 Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    23,132
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1266874
    usa
    Got myself 12 months free Discovery plus, Fuck knows if I'll use it

  55. #1655
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    I am sick at home and binging This Is Us.

  56. #1656
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Let me know what you think of it virm.

    Agents of SHIELD that is.
    The last episode was pretty good. Helped tie up a few things for me. Overall I was happy with it even though there was very little consequences abound for the heroes. I really thought that future seer lady was referring to Thanos when they jumped back into the main timeline which I was marking out for. Then to find out it was just the temple stuff again was a bit meh. Still good.

  57. #1657
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    27,341
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1044727
    canada
    Yeah it was good. Maybe a little too nicely wrapped up. But it was still good I agree.

  58. #1658
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,353
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974450
    Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun is just terrific.
    Last edited by mth; November 29th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

  59. #1659
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,452
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1068179
    Binging Oz for the 5 miilionth time.

    That show is soooo good in marathon form.

  60. #1660
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    I wonder if Netflix will ever have Fairly Oddparents.

  61. #1661
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun is just terrific.
    Anything you would compare it to?

  62. #1662
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,976
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2149843
    usa
    Uncle Don's Big Ol' House of Misery

  63. #1663
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Has anyone watched yellowstone? keep hearing good things, and its streaming on the peacock (which I apparently have via Comcast).


    4 episodes in, I don't feel like the new Saved by the Bell has found its identity. A bit too mish-mashed. The old-show dynamic feels a bit shoehorned in.

  64. #1664
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,820
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    767893
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Has anyone watched yellowstone? keep hearing good things, and its streaming on the peacock (which I apparently have via Comcast).
    I downed the 3 available seasons after giving the first ep a shot. But I'm kind of a sucker for western-centric drama.

  65. #1665
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    I enjoy those as well. I might have to give it a run.

  66. #1666
    GP OG Percussion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    juicy junior, real juicy
    Posts
    11,820
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    767893
    maldives
    It's completely over the top melodrama with plenty of nonsensical events, but with salacious characters and just enough clever moments and ambitious plot points to keep it moving.

    I enjoyed it as a solid piece of tv and guilty pleasure at the same time.

  67. #1667
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,353
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Anything you would compare it to?
    A bit of Monty Python, some Tim & Eric, I don't know if I watch enough other stuff to compare...it's fast paced, jokes-on-jokes, absurd/surreal...you'll get a pretty good idea if it's your jam about halfway into the opening song/skit thing when everything goes sideways and the insanity begins. It's getting absolutely glowing reviews and I'd vouch that they are deserved. We blew through the season (6x 20 min. episodes) and I'm sitting here wishing there was more.

  68. #1668
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    It's completely over the top melodrama with plenty of nonsensical events, but with salacious characters and just enough clever moments and ambitious plot points to keep it moving.

    I enjoyed it as a solid piece of tv and guilty pleasure at the same time.
    I feel like you were somewhat mitigating this as guilty pleasure; yet your description has completely enticed me. I'm in.

    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    A bit of Monty Python, some Tim & Eric, I don't know if I watch enough other stuff to compare...it's fast paced, jokes-on-jokes, absurd/surreal...you'll get a pretty good idea if it's your jam about halfway into the opening song/skit thing when everything goes sideways and the insanity begins. It's getting absolutely glowing reviews and I'd vouch that they are deserved. We blew through the season (6x 20 min. episodes) and I'm sitting here wishing there was more.
    This is also exactly the type of review that hooks me. I'm also in for a sample.

  69. #1669
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,452
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1068179
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    A bit of Monty Python, some Tim & Eric, I don't know if I watch enough other stuff to compare...it's fast paced, jokes-on-jokes, absurd/surreal...you'll get a pretty good idea if it's your jam about halfway into the opening song/skit thing when everything goes sideways and the insanity begins. It's getting absolutely glowing reviews and I'd vouch that they are deserved. We blew through the season (6x 20 min. episodes) and I'm sitting here wishing there was more.
    Thinking of writing "Dont put me in Steve" on the back of my license with the organ donor information.

  70. #1670
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    I still do, but I am curious if anybody else still uses DVD/Blu-Ray?

  71. #1671
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Only if it’s a movie that’s at Redbox. But I can’t remember the last DVD I bought. It’s been at least 10 years.

  72. #1672
    F this & JC that mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    61,353
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1974450
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Thinking of writing "Dont put me in Steve" on the back of my license with the organ donor information.

    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I still do, but I am curious if anybody else still uses DVD/Blu-Ray?
    I would if my cat hadn't chewed through the DVD player cord. Planning to get a new one hooked up eventually when i can find a cabinet to put it in to block her from repeating the offense, the little shit.

  73. #1673
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    5,342
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1271072
    We use the DVD player frequently, but now maybe a couple times a month, whereas we used to use it a couple times a week. Plenty of Redbox rentals are free after coupons. Plus with the volunteer work I do at the library, folks are always dropping off DVDs in the donation bin, so the missus and I will get first pick, and sometimes "test" them to be sure they work.

  74. #1674
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    In that case I no longer feel guilty about padding my DVD collection still.

  75. #1675
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    I watched the Snowpiercer movie last week and watched through the first season of the show yesterday and today and I think I like the show more. It obviously has a lower budget and less star power but it's a lot easier to tell a story over 10 hours than 2.

  76. #1676
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    netflix going up to 18.99 a month. fuck

  77. #1677
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    I don't have the 4k, 4screen plan so $14 for me. Still getting pricey.

  78. #1678
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    I can probably drop the 4 screen thing. my mom and ex was on there. my ex can fuck off lol

  79. #1679
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    Is it even worth getting?

  80. #1680
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Hulu Live is going up too. Almost to the point where we’ll probably just drop TV altogether.

  81. #1681
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I can probably drop the 4 screen thing. my mom and ex was on there. my ex can fuck off lol
    Clear out all the users and change the password so she can’t use it any longer haha.

  82. #1682
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Clear out all the users and change the password so she can’t use it any longer haha.
    I only let her keep it cause of her 2 boys. I guess she has something to get them for Christmas.

  83. #1683
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I only let her keep it cause of her 2 boys. I guess she has something to get them for Christmas.




    Also Hulu drops Letterkenny season 9 on Dec 26

  84. #1684
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,452
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1068179
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post




    Also Hulu drops Letterkenny season 9 on Dec 26
    THAT'S the frequency Kenneth.

    Hell yes.

  85. #1685
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Every single episode of Supernatural's 15 season run is now on Netflix.

  86. #1686
    Truth teller virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mazer's house of lies
    Posts
    44,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Every single episode of Supernatural's 15 season run is now on Netflix.
    it became available the god damn day after I downloaded it. the fuckers

  87. #1687
    Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,439
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    640523
    canada
    @mth and I started to binge Big Mouth, always so funny.

  88. #1688
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Also Hulu drops Letterkenny season 9 on Dec 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    THAT'S the frequency Kenneth.

    Hell yes.
    So fucking pumped about this, cannot wait to watch Dierks get his ass beat.

  89. #1689
    E-Bow The Poster Rancid_Planet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...where is Bill Casey?
    Posts
    26,452
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1068179
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    So fucking pumped about this, cannot wait to watch Dierks get his ass beat.
    I bet its off camera.

    It better not be.

  90. #1690
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    200252
    Give my your top 4 underrated shows you want me to check out please.

  91. #1691
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    Give my your top 4 underrated shows you want me to check out please.
    Friday Night Lights, Ozark, 12 Monkeys, The Magicians, The Shield.

    I know you said 4 but I couldn't choose one to get rid of.

  92. #1692
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    Give my your top 4 underrated shows you want me to check out please.
    Letterkenny (Crave/Hulu), Kingdom (Netflix), Banshee (HBO/Cinemax/Crave), Spartacus (Starz/Crave).

    @Bert. The Shield isn’t really under-rated, now; it’s pretty generally perceived as the third member of the Sopranos/Wire/Shield Holy Trinity...
    Last edited by Tyson; December 7th, 2020 at 2:00 AM.

  93. #1693
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Letterkenny (Crave/Hulu), Kingdom (Netflix), Banshee (HBO/Cinemax/Crave), Spartacus (Starz/Crave).
    @Bert. The Shield isn’t really under-rated, now; it’s pretty generally perceived as the third member of the Sopranos/Wire/Shield Holy Trinity...
    I almost left it out but I feel like a lot of people did actually miss out on it because it was on FX and not HBO.

  94. #1694
    Her right to choose. Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,766
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    577580
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I almost left it out but I feel like a lot of people did actually miss out on it because it was on FX and not HBO.
    Valid point.

  95. #1695
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    7,299
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1192563
    The Old Guard on Netflix was really, really good. Brutal action scenes and a very likable cast of characters. I’d very much like to see a sequel. I read that the graphic novel it was adapted from already has a sequel written so fingers crossed it happens.

  96. #1696
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    17,638
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2021153
    Did the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone. Solid show.

  97. #1697
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,605
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    226132
    Watching Vice Principals now. Funny show. Same creators as Eastbound and Down so it's not surprising. It's only 2 seasons though so it should be a quick watch.

  98. #1698
    🪝HOOK GANG🪝 Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redrum
    Posts
    24,964
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1263476
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Watching Vice Principals now. Funny show. Same creators as Eastbound and Down so it's not surprising. It's only 2 seasons though so it should be a quick watch.
    Watch Righteous Gemstones next.

  99. #1699
    1-800-Call-My-Bluff Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    30,522
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    881485
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Watch Righteous Gemstones next.
    Yes. I liked it more than vice principals

  100. #1700
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Searching for The Law
    Posts
    5,218
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117439
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The Old Guard on Netflix was really, really good. Brutal action scenes and a very likable cast of characters. I’d very much like to see a sequel. I read that the graphic novel it was adapted from already has a sequel written so fingers crossed it happens.
    I liked it, it was fun.

    Has anyone been watching The Queen's Gambit or The Undoing? I heard both were great, but I also heard The Undoing is overrated. Personally, The Queen's Gambit doesn't seem interesting to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •