***The Official Manchester City Trophy Thread***

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love that one.

Simon
    Where did you disappear to you cunt! Congratulations by the way, worthy FA Cup winners/Champs league qualifiers and thanks for fucking Arsenal into the qualifying round.

Andy
    Haha fucking hell, congrats and welcome back

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feed The Goat and he will score!

Congrats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had personnel stuff going on, so just left for a while to get my head sorted.

Anyway, what a season we have just had, absolutley can't believe we won a trophy and the FA Cup at that. Wembley twice was superb especially the semi beating the rags. Since we won the cup I've been on a 2 week bender, I'm just soaking the moment in as much as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers lads.

Andy what the hell happened to your men?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Welcome back and congrats on the cup win.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats, but let's be honest, we overshadow you again.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, it's good to have you back

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I had wondered why we hadn't heard from you after the Cup victory. Good to see you back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keano's Magic Hat View Post
    congrats, but let's be honest, we overshadow you again.
    hahahaha.

Not really mate, not winning a trophy for so long was enough for everyone to talk about that then your rags winning the league with a mediocre team.

A fantastic achievement breaking Liverpool's record, but your team isn't that great. It feels more like Chelsea and Arsenal lost the title, rather than the rags winning it. Compare this team to other classic rag teams and it's rather embarrassing.

You would have struggled to make third most seasons with your current points total, hence they are mediocre. Also Arsenal and Chelsea had opportunities to win the league but didn't take them, gifting the title to you. A good measure will be against Barcelona. Let's hope it's as embarrassing as last time they met in the final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, it's good to have you back
    Cheers it's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I had wondered why we hadn't heard from you after the Cup victory. Good to see you back.
    I was thinking couple days after we won the FA Cup I'll have to come on RAJAH and gloat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blueeeeeeemooooooon Benjamin welcome back lad. Loving the pics what was your feeling like watching the team you love lift a cup.

Oh and er 3-0 Anfield.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it true that the current ash cloud was actually caused by sweeping the dust off City's trophy cabinet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Blueeeeeeemooooooon Benjamin welcome back lad. Loving the pics what was your feeling like watching the team you love lift a cup.

Oh and er 3-0 Anfield.
    Words can't describe what it felt like and I admit I had tears of joy rolling down my face. I looked around me and I've never seen so many grown men cry in one place.

Yeah 3-0 We will let you have that one. Bet your made up with Kenny, he certainly made you good again and playing nice footy. Great singing in Suarez but glad you took Carroll cos we probably would have in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by da_man View Post
    Is it true that the current ash cloud was actually caused by sweeping the dust off City's trophy cabinet?

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
    I had personnel stuff going on.
    You been working in HR?

Andy
    Cheers lads.

Andy what the hell happened to your men?
    We collapsed which was both predictable and depressing. I think everyone's pretty worried that you lot, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are all going to spend an awful lot of money this summer and that we'll get left behind.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahaha.

Not really mate, not winning a trophy for so long was enough for everyone to talk about that then your rags winning the league with a mediocre team.

A fantastic achievement breaking Liverpool's record, but your team isn't that great. It feels more like Chelsea and Arsenal lost the title, rather than the rags winning it. Compare this team to other classic rag teams and it's rather embarrassing.

You would have struggled to make third most seasons with your current points total, hence they are mediocre. Also Arsenal and Chelsea had opportunities to win the league but didn't take them, gifting the title to you. A good measure will be against Barcelona. Let's hope it's as embarrassing as last time they met in the final
    Mediocre team with the most points in the premier league, most goals, 18 wins and 1 draw at home, unbeaten and without conceding a single goal away from home in Europe and in the champions league final

it's bloody good being mediocre, mate

but seriously, i felt sorry for city. You win a trophy, and fair enough the fa cup isn't exactly what it used to be, after so many years of hurt and united overshadow you by winning the most prestigious trophy in english football for a record breaking 19th time You couldn't write this stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus View Post
    You been working in HR?
    Its obvious I am still getting used to my week old new HTC phone.

Personal.

Hell is for Heroes Second City Saint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City's top 4 finish won me some money so this is my thank you BlueMoon.

The Pride of the Midlands Prototype16's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just starting to get over that day

You deserved it though - you've had an amazing season.

Welcome back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mediocre team with the most points in the premier league, most goals, 18 wins and 1 draw at home, unbeaten and without conceding a single goal away from home in Europe and in the champions league final

it's bloody good being mediocre, mate

but seriously, i felt sorry for city. You win a trophy, and fair enough the fa cup isn't exactly what it used to be, after so many years of hurt and united overshadow you by winning the most prestigious trophy in english football for a record breaking 19th time You couldn't write this stuff
    Mediocre doesn't last forever only class does and your not that. It'll soon catch up with you and like I said it more than likely will against Barcelona.

Only United fans think it overshadowed, once we won the cup every City fan, easily forgot you won the league that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second City Saint View Post
    Man City's top 4 finish won me some money so this is my thank you BlueMoon.
    How much did you win then?

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype16 View Post
    I was just starting to get over that day

You deserved it though - you've had an amazing season.

Welcome back
    Did you go the final mate?

It was a brilliant day all round, us and your fans mixed really well and that was great when every Stoke fan stayed behind afterwards. As for the game I think we stopped you playing to your strengths and you never got going really.

Final, Europa league and just missed out on a top ten finish, not bad you must be happy.
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 24th, 2011 at 6:07 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Mediocre doesn't last forever only class does and your not that. It'll soon catch up with you and like I said it more than likely will against Barcelona.

Only United fans think it overshadowed, once we won the cup every City fan, easily forgot you won the league that day.
    I think the scary thing for english football is that while this current Manchester United team isn't as good as previous teams. They are in a state of rebuilding and they have still managed to be comfortably the best team in england.

If Man City spend well they could be the only team equipped to stop them dominating.

I wouldn't have said that United's title win that day overshadowed City's cup win since we all knew United had won the week before when they beat Chelsea.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody hell, you City fans are the most deluded people on earth. Okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we deluded, compare your squad to any of your other title winnings one and it's easy to say it's mediocre. Yes you stated the facts about what you did this season and that's fair enough, you ask your hardcore head screwed on straight rag fans and they will day the same and you know it.

Ok, ok so next season you're are likely to get more players in and step up from being mediocre. Question is will they be quality players or just very good/good you've been being recently.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shut up.

United are premier league champions, having scored the most goals and winning the most games. We are also in the Champions League final. And don't use the points total to compare seasons, we have more points this season then we had in 99 with the treble side.

Other than a midfield that is weaker than usual (and we've made up for it with a better defence and attack), you have no basis for your opinion.

If United are mediocre, what the fuck are City? Terrible?
    Last edited by Keano's Magic Hat; May 24th, 2011 at 6:20 PM.

The Pride of the Midlands Prototype16's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you go the final mate?

It was a brilliant day all round, us and your fans mixed really well and that was great when every Stoke fan stayed behind afterwards. As for the game I think we stopped you playing to your strengths and you never got going really.

Final, Europa league and just missed out on a top ten finish, not bad you must be happy.
    Yeah, it was a great day despite the result - still can't believe I've seen my team play in an FA Cup final. The atmosphere at the end was pretty special - everyone was determined to stay until the end. Your fans were great too, and that Yaya Toure song to the tune of Delilah is annoyingly good. It was good to know we lost to a team that the FA Cup actually meant something to.

I agree we never got going on the pitch - most of our players looked knackered, Etherington wasn't fit and we had nothing to bring off the bench - you're a strong team and coped easily with the physical side of our game. We were lucky to get to half time level - it's a shame we didn't give it more of a go and it's obviously disappointing to lose a final but we were just beaten by a better team

Still great to get there and the semi final with Bolton is something I don't think we'll ever quite top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shut up.

United are premier league champions, having scored the most goals and winning the most games. We are also in the Champions League final. And don't use the points total to compare seasons, we have more points this season then we had in 99 with the treble side.

Other than a midfield that is weaker than usual (and we've made up for it with a better defence and attack), you have no basis for your opinion.

If United are mediocre, what the fuck are City? Terrible?

Fucks sake, 99 was 11 years ago, point to United's relatively-modest 76-point tally and their return of just five away wins as evidence that this is not a vintage United crop compared to the 2 most recent seasons.

Yes City are terrible, say that all you want, overshadow our cup win all you want, still doesn't hide the fact this season you were mediocre.
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 24th, 2011 at 6:57 PM.

Hell is for Heroes Second City Saint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did you win then?
    $5

With an additional $100 coming my way if City win the league by 2021

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you stupid? Do you not understand that if you're branding this United side as 'mediocre' on their points tally alone, then your 'great' City side have finished quite a way behind a 'mediocre' team. So, what exactly does that make City?...

this whole 'mediocrity' rubbish has become something of a cliche. It's annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points tally alone? Did you not see the bit about your 5 wins away from home? But anyway, you keep pointing out about this season when I clearly compared this current "mediocre" team to past teams.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares? We won 18 out of 19 at home. Why is an away record a better judge of a team's quality than home form?

You can't compare this United side to past teams without evaluating the league as a whole. It's been a strange season.

Also, United are in the Champions League final, unbeaten and without having conceded a goal away from home.. beating Chelsea home and away. Explain that one, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain Liverpool winning it in 2005 and finishing 5th?

So let's not beat around the bush mate, simple question you honestly think you can compare this United team to past ones in the league not Europe, Yes or no?

Evaluate the league this season all you want, but Uniteds 5 away wins is poor, most games away you've looked poor, teams near the bottom beating you, the away games you won you hardly look convincing and you've ended up with less points than the past 2 seasons.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most games away you've looked poor, teams near the bottom beating you, the away games you won you hardly look convincing and you've ended up with less points than the past 2 seasons.
    Of all the teams in the PL, we have lost the least amount of away games. Yes, we have only won 5, but the best away record is 'only' 8 wins. Hardly a monumental difference. Also, why do you continue to ignore United's home form in this argument? 18 fucking wins and 1 draw, you spacker.

Mate, you are coming across as a typical, bitter blue. Note the amount of posters above who have offered their congrats on your FA Cup win and heed the example. You're better than this.
    Last edited by Keano's Magic Hat; May 24th, 2011 at 8:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, you are coming across as a typical, bitter blue. Note the amount of posters above who have offered their congrats on your FA Cup win and heed the example. You're better than this.
    Oh hear we go again with the bitter blue stuff

You actually got the first sly dig in by saying "congrats, but let's be honest, we overshadow you again". Note the amount of posters who simply said congrats without anything else afterwards.

Also, why do you continue to ignore United's home form in this argument? 18 fucking wins and 1 draw, you spacker.
    Why do you keep in ignoring me asking you to compare the current United team to past ones? I gave a good enough basis for my opinion.

Yes you keep on going on about United's home form, but nearly every season your home form is one of, if not the best. But wait compare this seasons away, and you usually have one of the best away records. I mean remember you'd play alright but had the players to always scrape a 1-0 win.

As we have both well documented, you have the best home record but the worst away record of any leaders in English football history. Yet that fact is, of course, offset by United’s magnificent away form in Europe. The domestic discrepancy appears to reveal an mediocre inconsistent one – United's side don’t truly spread themselves away from home in the manner you have done against the likes of Birmingham at Old Trafford because the squad of players is not good enough compared others. Also these players don't have the necessary cohesion or subsequent confidence to dominate away from home like you used too.

In my case, it won’t come as a surprise that United’s overall stats are likely to be relatively mediocre in the grander context of history.

Oh and United have conceded almost a goal a game for the first time since that core defence was put together. For me, this will only be more evidence of a mediocre season; that United have been fortunate that Chelsea have chugged and Arsenal have choked.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bitter blue, your opinions are worthless

Simon
    United probably weren't as good as in previous years this season, but they've still managed to win the league with relative ease. You can't just talk about all the big clubs struggling to gain as many points as usual without considering why that might be - it's no coincidence IMO, the league had more strong teams capable of taking points from the top sides this year. The fact that United have cruised to the final of the CL emphasises this, it's that the league has improved rather than the top sides getting worse.

Someone in one of the papers summed it up with a phrase that Souness apparently used to describe Liverpool's title win in 1984 when they were criticised for being under-par:

By our standards, we didn't deserve to win the league this year. By everyone else's standards, we did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical rag with the tinted glasses. You're more stubborn then what I'd first though about you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying they didn't win the league with ease or didn't deserve it, they did so with a mediocre squad. But pulled it off thanks to a top class manager.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A team does not win 18 of their 19 home matches, reach the champions league final without conceding an away goal and challenge on three fronts with a mediocre squad. You are wrong.

We have a sub-standard central midfield (by our very, VERY high standards) but have as good an attack and defence as I can remember seeing at the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repeat....

Repeat....

Repeat....

Repeat....

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i missed you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like the first bit of business to do was us to talk United/City.

How's life? How you feeling going into the final Saturday?

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    life is alright, pal.

I'm fairly confident to be honest. Reckon we have a decent chance. Worst thing would be to lose and play defensively, I'd rather get smashed 5-0 but at least go for it.

Any news on who the 'shocking' signings are that City are planning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll give them a game this time round and it'll be a lot closer.

Nah nothing note worthy about shock signings, just shit ones really.

Your best mate Carlos is defo going.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any signings you would like to see come in? Where does the team need strengthening in order to compete for the title?

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tevez is leaving, straight swap for the youthful Paul Dickov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennedy View Post
    Are there any signings you would like to see come in? Where does the team need strengthening in order to compete for the title?
    C. Ronaldo, Kaka, nah no one in particular I want, although I would love Baines from Everton.

But we do need a left back, striker and maybe 2 more midfielders.

Andy
    Is Adebayor definitely gone? He'll be a great signing for someone if they pick him up on the cheap.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Adebayor is earning about £8m a year before tax. He'll hardly be cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Is Adebayor definitely gone? He'll be a great signing for someone if they pick him up on the cheap.
    Nope, he's still at us. Obviously he's on his way out, what a waste of a signing he was. The only noteworthy thing he ever did was score that goal against Arsenal, then proceed to run the whole pitch and nearly causing a riot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    Adebayor is earning about £8m a year before tax. He'll hardly be cheap.
    Hello Blue, how's things?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C. Ronaldo, Kaka, nah no one in particular I want, although I would love Baines from Everton.

But we do need a left back, striker and maybe 2 more midfielders.
    You say that as a joke but I bet 99% of Man City fans think you could buy Ronaldo and he would come. I am sure you are in the 1% however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

CHAMPIONS 2012 AND 2014

The Rosk
    Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUEMOON" from rajah in my email thought I would pop in.

CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHO WANTS TO COME TO MANC CITY CENTRE AND AVE LOTS OF DRINKS ALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CHAMOPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS
    CHAMPIONS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 12th, 2014 at 5:23 PM.

Andy
    Haha. Post more BlueMoon!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to City. I'm off to play FM with the cheats on.

Simon
    ahahaha BlueMoon good lad. Now what we really want to see is Peter making a glorious return.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, I'm made up City won it over us.
    Last edited by Chris Scott; May 12th, 2014 at 4:50 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    ahahaha BlueMoon good lad. Now what we really want to see is Peter making a glorious return.
    I'll try and find him on RAWK.

What about Keano's magic hat, we need him to return.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Well done, I'm made up City won it over us.
    LIES

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Sucks has probably hung himself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He and KMH together as a pact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 12th, 2014 at 5:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 12th, 2014 at 5:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VINNY IS COOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry lads forgot this one.

Last edited by Bluemoon; May 16th, 2014 at 6:01 PM.