Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horror Tackles

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Horror Tackles

Since the footy thread was getting derailed with the same old arguments we get whenever an Arsenal player gets challenged. Lets just see which teams are the most victims and who are the worst for making these challenges. So what i am proposing is that we list these tackles in here and if the majority of people agree it was a horror tackle it will get added to the league table.

This season we have had

De Jong on Ben Arfa.
    Andy Wilkinson on Demeble.
    Paul Robinson on Diaby.
    Karl Henry on Jordi Gomez.

So targeted teams so far.

Arsenal - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Bolton - 1
    Man City - 1
    Stoke - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Last edited by Gary J; January 2nd, 2011 at 9:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember, Henry didn't really make any terrible contact with Zamora, it was just down to how he landed.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnson's tackle on Fabregas yesterday was an awful challenge, complete horror tackle. Fabregas was very lucky to come away from that without an injury.

Lee Bowyer made a pretty bad tackle on Gibson on Tuesday but I'm not sure it was horrifying, more dirty.

Jack Wilshere committed a horrifying tackle on Zigic in the first Arsenal-Birmingham game earlier in the season, got a red for it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    From what I remember, Henry didn't really make any terrible contact with Zamora, it was just down to how he landed.
    Yeah you are right just checked a video now it seems i remembered it as being far worse then it actually was.
    Last edited by Gary J; January 2nd, 2011 at 9:55 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    HORRIFIC LUNGES thread > Horror Tackles thread

Andy
    Karl Henry on Arshavin too, obviously Johnson vs Fabregas yesterday.

Wilshere vs Zigic was a bad one. Wilkinson vs Dembele and Henry vs Gomez were quite astonishingly bad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Added the Wilshere and Johnson challenges and took away the Karl Henry on Zamora.

Targeted

Arsenal - 2
    Birmingham - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Birmingham - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Man City - 1
    Stoke - 1
    Wolves - 1

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just seen the Henry on Arshavin tackle so adding that.

Targeted

Arsenal - 3
    Birmingham - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Wolves - 2
    Birmingham - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Man City - 1
    Stoke - 1

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All tackles against Arsenal are HORROR TACKLES

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I thought your post was going to be one claiming every tackle Lucas had made because he is a horrendous footballer.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    I thought your post was going to be one claiming every tackle Lucas had made because he is a horrendous footballer.
    I actually repped BC to remind him of that exact point... you know what they say about great minds, Gary J?

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already been mentioned, but the one on Fabregas last night was dreadful.

Also, this tackle was ridiculous (although it was from the end of last season), but as the two teams are playing today...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogQ31ergU_8&feature=related"]YouTube - John Terry's tackle on James Milner.[/ame]

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucas? Tackles?

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Collin View Post
    All tackles against Arsenal are HORROR TACKLES
    People don't really do horror tackles against Liverpool though, because they know the game would be stopped for a one minute silence....

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o snap

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why no one does HORROR TACKLES against Liverpool:

Simon
    Fabregas on someone down by the touchline in an away game a while ago, possibly Wolves?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm guessing you mean the one on Stephen Ward.

All i can find is reporting where Wenger is apologising for the tackle and Fabregas himself went and apologised afterwards. I've not seen this challenge myself but if Wenger and Fabregas are admitting it. It gets added.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle van Tinkle View Post
    Already been mentioned, but the one on Fabregas last night was dreadful.

Also, this tackle was ridiculous (although it was from the end of last season), but as the two teams are playing today...

YouTube - John Terry's tackle on James Milner.

Loved Townsend trying to defend it. Wanker.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 3
    Birmingham - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal -2 (Wilshere , Fabregas)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)
    Stoke - 1 (Wilkinson)
    Last edited by Gary J; January 2nd, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Simon
    Yes and you haven't added Wilshere's either.

Andy
    The Fabregas one was a poor challenge but not in the same league as Johnson, Henry et al.

Couple of Huddlestone elbows and stamps this season, not a club here but a Liechtenstein player on Alan Hutton with a genuine HORROR tackle. I'll try and find it.

Andy

This is the only pic I can find, it was about half way up his shin which you can't really see from that pic.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprise to see Andy defending Arsenal tackles and lamenting Spurs tackles.

Andy
    Why don't you put me on ignore if you're getting this pissed off. You're fucking things up far more than me by following me round two different threads and complaining.

Simon
    the Fabregas one was terrible you blinkered half wit.

Andy
    Instead of going back to the personal insults, why don't you try and back up an argument? I said it was bad but not as bad as Johnson on Fabregas and the Henry ones which have been discussed. You disagree, fine. Why?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Why don't you put me on ignore if you're getting this pissed off. You're fucking things up far more than me by following me round two different threads and complaining.

Am I getting pissed off?

I want to see you make an effort to not be so blatantly biased and blinkered. I'm not angry about it, I'm hopeful...and a bit amused.

Andy
    Why don't you contribute to the debate then? Do you think I'm wrong about Huddlestone's being bad tackles? That's not anti-Spurs bias, they'll all concede they were bad tackles. Do you think I'm wrong about Johnson on Fabregas and Henry's tackles being worse than Fabregas on Ward? Why?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The Fabregas one was a poor challenge but not in the same league as Johnson, Henry et al.
    I did some quick checking to see what people on here thought at the time and found these quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by da_man View Post
    Shocking challenge from Fabregas
    Quote Originally Posted by Keano's Magic Hat View Post
    Oh look, Fabregas with one of the worst tackles the premier league has seen this season. I wonder what Andy has to say about that. Arsenal are a horrible side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just saw that Fabregas tackle, pretty inexcusable.
    To be fair there was an argument saying it wasn't that bad a challenge but the majority said it was bad. Cuncha mentioned a tackle from Milijas in that game as well but can't find any footage of this anywhere.

Another two challenges that are getting added though as a few people bought it up Joe Cole against Arsenal and Fellaini against Bolton.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Birmingham - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal -2 (Wilshere , Fabregas)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Liverpool - 1 (Cole)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)
    Stoke - 1 (Wilkinson)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I was one of those who said it wasn't as bad as people were making out. He was trying to block a clearance if I remember properly and as opposed to there being intent he just got the timing all wrong.

Andy
    I'm not denying it was a bad tackle, it was really poor. Here's what McCarthy said:

But McCarthy was pacified by the appearance of Fábregas in the home dressing room to apologise afterwards and check on the damage to Ward's gashed leg.

"I have no problem with it at all," he insisted. "Wardy has accepted it like a man. This has been like a throwback to the old days where one player catches a player with a mistimed tackle, buys him a pint afterwards and the other says he will get him back later in the season. "What I can't stand is people whingeing at my players. It's all amateur dramatic bullshit."
    That probably tells you all you need to know about the two challenges against Arsenal in that game. If they hadn't happened he would've gone ballistic.

Andy
    That Fabregas tackle also brought up the insane debate that it was the same as Joe Cole on Koscielny.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah thats what reminded me of the Joe Cole tackle.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there wasn't much wrong with that Cole challenge.

Andy
    Kyrgiakos on Fellaini or was that last season?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the fact that Wenger is so vocal is going to pretty much ruin any kind of attempt to be quantitative here, as it draws attention to tackles against Arsenal and by Arsenal.

Simon
    Andy I strongly recommend that you take a look at your posts in this and the other thread and realise how far your head is stuck up your arse. You presumably don't realise how blinkered you are but it would be worth finding out because it just makes you look like a clown.

Andy
    Again, I'll ask that instead of the personal insults, you go ahead and explain why I'm blinkered or wrong in any of what I've said? I don't think you can. Accuse me of going on about it if you want but none of what I've said today or yesterday is wrong.

Simon
    I have explained before, there's no point in repeating myself. Refusing to accept Fabregas' tackle was atrocious was the final nail in the coffin - you need to wake up and realise how hypocritical it is to get so upset about challenges on Arsenal players while defending ones like that from your team.

Andy
    Erm, before you insult me or even try to debate, can you learn to read please? I have said over and over again when it was brought up today that it was a bad challenge.

This is when this place goes to shit. You called me a dickhead and said Johnson's tackle wasn't that bad. I explained why it was and I got some more abuse. No worries though because apparently you have explained before.

I can accept I may go on about bad tackles too much but that doesn't instantly make it blinkered or wrong. What I said about the Johnson and Bowyer tackles yesterday were true.

Simon
    Erm, before you insult me or even try to debate, can you learn to read please? I have said over and over again when it was brought up today that it was a bad challenge.
    You have continually defended it. You agree that it was a bad challenge but absolutely insist on placing it in the most positive light possible with all the bollocks about McCarthy's post-match interview and refuse to accept that it should be considered on the same scale as other bad tackles.

I can accept I may go on about bad tackles too much but that doesn't instantly make it blinkered or wrong. What I said about the Johnson and Bowyer tackles yesterday were true.
    No it doesn't make it instantly blinkered or wrong. It's the fact that you have consistently done it that makes you blinkered and wrong. Plenty of examples have been listed by myself and others, and a LOT of people are saying the same thing to you. Maybe you should ask yourself why so many people are saying it, rather than convincing yourself everyone is wrong about you.

Andy
    Who is saying it? Mik and KMH? Mik who always has a problem with any sort of debate which is raised more than once and KMH who I debate with all the time?

Ok, lets talk about the Fabregas tackle. Genuinely. In my opinion, it was a dangerous and bad challenge but it was not as bad as the likes of Henry on Arshavin (to take an example from the same game), or Johnson on Fabregas (to use the example which kicked off this debate). The reason for this is that the two challenges on Arsenal players (woah, convenient, huh?) were against players who had their foot planted and where the tackling players came down on the standing foot with their studs showing.

The most crude example of what this sort of challenge can lead to is the Eduardo injury. It is so dangerous to lead with the studs and to come down towards the ball. Further, the Johnson tackle was made worse by the fact he came off the ground, resulting the the full force of a 15 stone man impacting into Fabregas' leg. It's pure luck that his leg wasn't broken, same with Nolan vs Anichebe to think of another shocker which was lucky not to break a leg.

Fabregas vs Ward was a bad tackle. But was it as dangerous? In my opinion, no. It's generally not the same sort of tackle. Fabregas was coming in from the side instead of head on, was leading with a straight foot as opposed to coming downwards, and Ward's leg wasn't planted. Why do you disagree?

Simon
    This is why I disagree:

It could have broken his leg. Also you mention that Johnson's is worse because "he came off the ground", but Fabregas was off the ground:

Fabregas' challenge could have broken his leg. It was reckless, stupid and dangerous. That is why it should be considered in the same scheme of things as ones like Johnson's.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Arsenal players ask for it by being mouthy on the pitch and winding people up.

Like all those innocent battered wives and girlfriends.

Simon
    Well one thing that jumps out from Gary J's research so far is that teams who give out horror tackles seem to receive them as well.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    Johnson's tackle on Fabregas yesterday was an awful challenge, complete horror tackle. Fabregas was very lucky to come away from that without an injury.
    No it wasn't. The point of contact was barely above the ankle, he genuinely went for the ball and it was mistimed.

Weren't you sticking up for Shawcross after the Ramsey tackle?

Andy
    If Fabregas came off the ground, it wasn't in the same way as Johnson who actually jumped into it. Again, I AM NOT defending that tackle, just saying that I think the other ones I mentioned were worse.

Let me also say again that I am not claiming there is come conspiracy against Arsenal. We've been able to deal with teams kicking us off the park a lot better this season; yesterday against Brum, the Carling Cup game against Spurs, away at Blackburn, but it's also obvious a lot of teams have to deal with the same thing.

This whole debate came about because I moaned yesterday that Johnson should've been sent off. I challenge anyone to try and claim he should've stayed on the pitch.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone is arguing with you about it being a sending off/bad tackle Andy.

Half are bored of your whining, the other half don't think it was as bad as you made out.

Andy
    I made it out as an absolute shocker, which it was. Ok, it didn't have the horrifying visual of a Nolan vs Anichebe or Taylor vs Eduardo, but it could've quite easily snapped Fabregas' leg so I don't see how it wasn't as bad as I made out.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already explained why it wasn't as bad.

Despite you attempting to make it out as if I was ignoring you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well one thing that jumps out from Gary J's research so far is that teams who give out horror tackles seem to receive them as well.
    More likely, when a team's cited in here for a horror tackle, opponents of the team and the citer rush to find a tackle by that team to try to even the score.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JIJ View Post
    No it wasn't. The point of contact was barely above the ankle, he genuinely went for the ball and it was mistimed.

Weren't you sticking up for Shawcross after the Ramsey tackle?
    Johnson had no control over the point of contact, it's a totally moot point. Where it makes contact is absolutely no defence. I've explained why any tackle like that is unacceptable before.

No, I did not stick up for Shawcross. I think he's a thug. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Andy
    Gerrard on Carrick

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerrard on everyone.

Hes not like that though.

Simon
    I enjoyed Lagom's attempt to defend it having not seen it.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im listening to someone trying to defend it on talksport now.

I hate shit like this. It was a shocking tackle, why cant people just admit it and get on with it?

Not just Liverpool but any club. I hate people trying to be ridiculously biased when its blatent that they did wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised you didn't just say Liverpool fans instead of Lagom.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    I'm suprised you didn't just say Liverpool fans instead of Lagom.
    Ooh look at you and your self pity.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarcasm.

Libertarian Socialist S.C.O.S.E.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Muscat, now plying his trade at Melbourne Victory. Unbelievable tackle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzCtRa2SE"]YouTube - Melbourne Victory's Kevin Muscat sickening tackle[/ame]

EDIT: Apologies, didnt see till now the Premiership context of the thread. Still worth a look anyway.
    Last edited by S.C.O.S.E.; January 28th, 2011 at 9:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed this, but Simon you numpty, where on earth did you see me try and defend it?

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Muscat in "being Kevin Muscat" shocker. He got 8 weeks for that and a rethink of his career.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Muscat is the worst person in football

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    It's a bit ridiculous because, as far as Australian's go, he was actually half decent at the football bit at times yet his thuggery overshone any ability 95% of the time. Cunt, hope he breaks his hip while suspended and never, ever disgraces a football field again.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Added the Gerrard on Carrick , Huth's from last night and The Fabregas one from tuesday since MMH mentioned it and none of the Arsenal fans on here defended it.

Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Birmingham - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Everton - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Liverpool -1
    Man Utd - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal - 3 (Wilshere , Fabregas x2)
    Liverpool - 2 (Cole , Gerrard)
    Stoke - 2 (Wilkinson , Huth)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)

The Rosk
    Does this count the FA Cup?

The Rosk
    If so I think Nathan Baker deserves a shout for 0:50 in this, Blackburn being the target.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QfgD-mlxAI"]YouTube - Aston Villa 3-1 Blackburn | The FA Cup 4th Round - 29/01/11[/ame]

Andy
    I've not seen the Fabregas one but by all accounts it wasn't a 'horror challenge'.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Birmingham - 1
    Blackburn - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Everton - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Liverpool -1
    Man Utd - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal - 3 (Wilshere , Fabregas x2)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Aston Villa - 1 (Baker)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)

Simon
    Van Persie had one on Heitinga on Tuesday as well. Not seen the Fabregas one though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I've not seen the Fabregas one but by all accounts it wasn't a 'horror challenge'.
    I've not seen it either i just saw MMH mention it and since i noticed it was being watched on a stream by a few of you and no-one seemed to condemn it or defend it i just thought i'd add it. I'll take it off the list if anyone can verify it wasn't a horror challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a possible red card, probably should have been. But not horror. Moyes seemed more concerned about Fabregas' alleged halftime tirade than any tackle...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah i went on an Everton forum to see what they thought and they were hardly up in arms about it just saying it should have been red. They seemed to be concerned about a tackle Wilshere made on Arteta and slagging off Bilyaletdinov. No mention of the Van persie tackle i shall take the Fabregas one off the list.

Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Birmingham - 1
    Blackburn - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Everton - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Liverpool -1
    Man Utd - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal - 2 (Wilshere , Fabregas)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Aston Villa - 1 (Baker)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)

Simon
    The Van Persie one was pretty nasty. Trying to find a video of it but no joy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'll add Van Persie then

Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Everton - 2
    Birmingham - 1
    Blackburn - 1
    Bolton - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Liverpool -1
    Man Utd - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal - 3 (Wilshere , Fabregas , Van persie)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Aston Villa - 1 (Baker)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)

Andy
    Bloody hell Gary, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Simon
    Just to cover myself against accusations of bias, Cuncha posted about the tackle at the time agreeing that it was bad.

Simon
    http://forums.rajah.com/showpost.php...ostcount=69576

Yep, it's baffling Si. Rvp probably should have gone, Rodwell probably should have gone, Fabregas could have gone. Yet, Wilshere got booked 3 minutes in for a very nothing tackle. It's bizarre.

Andy
    Is 'probably should've gone' the same as a horror tackle? I don't know, I've not seen it. By most accounts, Wilshere, Fabregas, RVP, Rodwell and Osman all 'could've gone'.

Simon
    Sorry everyone, me and Cuncha Bunts agreeing it was a terrible tackle having seen it is overruled by Andy picking up on a semantic point without having seen it. Strike it from the record.

The Rosk
    What does this matter anyway.

Simon
    FYI, Cuncha's post was agreeing with this:

Two minutes this has been on and TWICE Van Persie should have been sent off. That tackle was fucking disgusting because he's actually done it deliberately.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    What does this matter anyway.
    I am quite enjoying Andy being proven completely wrong about Arsenal always being on the receiving end of terrible tackles. The absolute best you can say is that they give it out as much as they receive it.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal, as a football club, from top to bottom is riddled with hypocrisy.

Simon
    And cunts.

Andy
    Cuncha said he probably could've gone. I'm more inclined to think it was at least debaable from that than it being fucking disgusting and deliberate like you said. It also says something that no one on SSN mentioned it (but went on about the Huth tackle for ages), Moyes didn't mention it and none of the reports have mentioned it. You'll forgive me if I reserve judgement until I see it.

And talking of hypocrisy and the like, I saw the "stamp" you went mad about b Andrews on Jenas. So, so obviously completely accidental, accepted even by the invisible man.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow hold up here. What has andy actually done wrong here? He's asking if a should've gone equals a horror tackle. Looking at the thread he could have got the impression Cuncha was replying to you saying the referee was grinning like a dickhead. I understand with timelines it was unlikely to be that one but at first read that's an entirely reasonable assumption to have made.

Simon
    Cuncha said he probably could've gone. I'm more inclined to think it was at least debaable from that than it being fucking disgusting and deliberate like you said. It also says something that no one on SSN mentioned it (but went on about the Huth tackle for ages), Moyes didn't mention it and none of the reports have mentioned it. You'll forgive me if I reserve judgement until I see it.

And talking of hypocrisy and the like, I saw the "stamp" you went mad about b Andrews on Jenas. So, so obviously completely accidental, accepted even by the invisible man.
    No chance, he deliberately put his foot down. And you're going by the MOTD highlights presumably which made it look like Jenas was fine with it, he wasn't.

Andy
    Yes I'm going by MOTD which showed the accidental collision and Jenas get up and accept an apology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Simon expects Andy to blindly defend Arsenal (as he often does) and so he's misinterpreted things. On the other hand, he might be just trying to 'win an argument'...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yes I'm going by MOTD which showed the accidental collision and Jenas get up and accept an apology.
    This is how I saw it.

Simon
    Yeah on MOTD it did look like that. They ignored the previous thirty seconds or so of Jenas angrily shaking his head at what had happened and the referee's failure to act.

Andy
    I don't blame him for being shaken up about taking some studs to the skull but it was definitely accidental.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm going to keep the Van persie one on because Simon/Cuncha seemed to be in agreement at the time and Simon did call it a disgusting challenge and Cuncha didn't dispute it.
    Last edited by Gary J; February 3rd, 2011 at 8:04 AM.

Andy
    Just seen Jenas on some Bolton player.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah i saw that one am adding that one to the list and Clint Dempsey on Makoun as well.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Targeted Teams

Arsenal - 4
    Bolton - 2
    Everton - 2
    Aston Villa - 1
    Birmingham - 1
    Blackburn - 1
    Fulham - 1
    Liverpool -1
    Man Utd - 1
    Newcastle - 1
    Wolves - 1
    Wigan - 1

Guilty Teams

Arsenal - 3 (Wilshere , Fabregas , Van persie)
    Wolves - 2 (Henry x2)
    Aston Villa - 1 (Baker)
    Birmingham - 1 (Johnson)
    Bolton - 1 (Robinson)
    Everton - 1 (Felllaini)
    Fulham - 1 (Dempsey)
    Man City - 1 (De Jong)
    Spurs - 1 (Jenas)