Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European/World Football Thread

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

European/World Football Thread

Due to the incredibly effective poll which my dear friend Red Dog set up I've decided to get the ball rolling with something I'm surprised hasn't been done before on here. Yes we've got the Spanish La Liga Thread but there are plenty of other leagues out there and seeing as there seems to be at least a few of us that follow the game away from SKY () and, following on from MMH's comment in the poll thread, I figured we may as well have a thread that is focused on football outside of these beautiful isles.

Use this place to discuss the latest happenings on the continent and even further afield. If I can be arsed I may even try and write a weekly review of a few of the more interesting leagues around the globe. You're welcome.

Just to get things going, a quick update on everyone's favourite delusional football manager.....

In his first season in charge of Azerbaijani outfit Gabala FC, Toni (as it is spelt on the official website) has led his charges through a distinctly average first half of the season. Their current record of W5 D5 L4 sees them lying atop the bottom half of the brutal Azerbaijan Premier League (7th place), 11 points off the top.

His vision of Champions League football in three years may have to be revised

**LIVE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE**

http://www.livesportontv.com/football
    Last edited by JIJ; February 1st, 2011 at 8:44 AM.

Simon
    Up in Scotland, Rangers and Celtic are doing pretty well.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I bring my NI talk into here. A thread of just me talking about it would probably get tiring.

Please, I have no place to go

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you can.

Welcome brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Up in Scotland, Rangers and Celtic are doing pretty well.
    Scottish football thread for Old Firm pish surely?

I didn't know Tony(i) Adams was in Azerbaijan. Very interesting.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as how I'm bored and haven't got work till tonight, and in the interest of promoting discussion, I thought I'd start things off with a quick update of how things are looking around Europe as we approach the half way mark in the season.

Spain
    In line with what has become a somewhat dull race for the title over recent years, Real and Barca have stormed away already. Only one point separates the top two (Real 32, Barca 31) but below that there is a gap of seven points to a resurgent Villarreal. Espanyol currently lie in 4th but as usual there looks set to be an exciting chase for those last Champions League spots what with just two points separating them from 7th placed Atletico Madrid. Valencia and Sevilla are in 5th and 6th respectively. At the bottom, Zaragoza lie in last place with just 8 points from their twelve games but one win could see them jump all the way to 15th, emphasising just how tight it is.

Italy
    Is Mourinho a magician or Benitez a sack of shit? Who knows but Inter definitely aren't the same team as they were last year. A terrible run of form sees them lying outside the CL places in 6th at the moment while city rivals AC lead the way. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been scoring for fun and alongside the Brazilian trio of Pato, Robinho and Ronaldinho Milan look like they may have the firepower to stay there. Lazio's ridiculous start has caught up with them slightly and they've dropped to 2nd after a couple of recent defeats including a 2-0 loss in the Rome derby. Napoli and Juventus occupy 3rd and 4th with Roma recovering from a dreadful start to claim 5th. Bari, Cesena and Brescia are the teams filling the drop zone as I type.

Germany
    1997 Champions League winners Borussia Dortmund are running away with the Bundesliga at the moment, 11 wins from 13 games has left them seven points clear of second placed Mainz, themselves a surprise package. Reigning champs Bayern Munich have started slowly once again but look to be heading in the right direction, the German giants sit in 8th but have suffered from a horrendous number of injuries to key players. Leverkusen are 3rd after making their, now annual, good start to the season before inevitably tailing off. Notable teams down the bottom include VfB Stuttgart who have recently got rid of manager Christian Gross and Schalke 04. Raul is hitting form though having hit 5 in 2 now so look for them to improve over the winter months. Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg side are currently in 11th after a non-descript opening to the season, although having seen 43 goals in their 13 games, it seems if you want entertainment they're the team to be following. One of the most unpredictable leagues in Europe, with lots of goals and with average attendances somewhere around 40-50k every week, the Bundesliga is fantastic stuff and I highly recommend it

France
    Easily the most open league in Europe at the moment. Just two points separate the top 8 teams, with nobody standing out as favourites so far. The big three from the last two years (Bordeaux, Marseille and Lyon) are all in there along with PSG, Lille, Rennes, Montpellier and newly-promoted Brest. Below that lot there is only five points between 9th and 19th! Every team has it all to play for still except perhaps for poor Arles-Avignon who sit 8 points adrift at the bottom with a meagre 6 points. If it wasn't for the fact Ligue 1 is one of the lowest scoring leagues in Europe then I would be giving it a thumbs up as well but the reason it is so tight is mainly due to the stupid amount of 0-0's and 1-1's.

More soon.

Simon
    Mmmmm but what about the Austrian Bundesliga mannschaften.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JIJ
    Is Mourinho a magician or Benitez a sack of shit?
    Both

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone see Eto'o's lame attempt at a Zidane headbutt at the weekend?

Silly old wog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reid are leading surprisingly ahead of Sturm Graz (yes!) in 2nd and Austria Vienna in 3rd.

Salzburg are 5th on equal points with Villa's nightmare team Rapid who've both had meh domestic league campaigns so far. Wacker Innsbruck, recently promoted and from a beautiful part of the country are 4th, and perennial underachievers these days LASK Linz are bottom.

I know Simon was being sarcy, but I actually do like the Austrian league...

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Mmmmm but what about the Austrian Bundesliga mannschaften.
    Come on dont derail it...

(SV Reid are top by the way by two points over Sturm Graz...

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Reid are leading surprisingly ahead of Sturm Graz (yes!) in 2nd and Austria Vienna in 3rd.

Salzburg are 5th on equal points with Villa's nightmare team Rapid who've both had meh domestic league campaigns so far. Wacker Innsbruck, recently promoted and from a beautiful part of the country are 4th, and perennial underachievers these days LASK Linz are bottom.

I know Simon was being sarcy, but I actually do like the Austrian league...
    LASK Linz are mental. Last season, up until the halfway mark, weren't matches involving them averaging something like 8 a game??

Great stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JIJ View Post
    LASK Linz are mental. Last season, up until the halfway mark, weren't matches involving them averaging something like 8 a game??

Great stuff.
    It's because they had no defence, so they had to go for broke! Even this season they average well over 3 a game at rough estimate, it's just they lose more points than win - picked up 1 point in their last 5.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I thought it was crazy that Maierhoffer didn't go back to Austria on loan, instead going to the German 2nd division. He was scoring bagloads of goals in Austria and granted he was poor here he proved himself there.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked it up, they scored 59 and conceded 70 in 36 games last season.

That's 129 goals in total.

An average of 3.58. Madness. If you'd have just bet on Over 2.5 goals a game for them all season you'd be a millionaire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought it was crazy that Maierhoffer didn't go back to Austria on loan, instead going to the German 2nd division. He was scoring bagloads of goals in Austria and granted he was poor here he proved himself there.
    Maierhoffer. I saw him in a game Rapid played (vs Mattersburg I think), they were losing and he was going nuts, threatening the referee. He scored one goal and then was sent off for a shocking tackle, then he yelled at the ref some more and someone had to drag him off the pitch.

Within a fortnight he'd signed for Wolves.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update continued.

Netherlands
    FC Twente have survived admirably without the magnificent Stevie Mac so far, being just three points off the top despite a disappointing 2-1 home loss at the weekend to the team they dethroned last season AZ Alkmaar. PSV lead the way with many people's (including mine) favourites Ajax going through a bumpy patch leaving them languishing in 4th tied on points with the above mentioned Alkmaar. Feyenoord's troubles go from bad to worse what with the ridiculous 10-0 defeat to PSV a couple of weeks back. Surprisingly though the fans have stuck by them and the manager, turning out in force the following week to show their support to the club. Groningen split the top five up and currently reside in 3rd.
    Not 100% sure as I haven't checked, perhaps someone else can clarify (?), but I think the old playoff structure used for CL qualification has been done away with this year and is only being used to determine the 2nd Europa League qualifier? So as it stands PSV and Twente would be in the CL, Groningen the Europa and Ajax, AZ, Den Haag and Roda in the EL playoffs.

Portugal
    Jose Mourinho's protege Andre Villas-Boas is having a remarkable first season in charge of Porto, just like his mentor. They are ten points clear at the top having won 10 and drawn 1 of their first eleven outings. Last year's runaway leaders Benfica were humbled 5-0 when they visited the Dragao and nobody seems capable of catching them what with Braga's CL campaign draining their squad and Sporting Lisbon having sold all their best players. Benfica are 2nd, Sporting 4th and Braga 10th.

Greece
    Panathinaikos lead the way, but only on goal difference over fierce rivals Olympiakos. Pana won the derby 2-1 not so long ago behind two Djibril Cisse goals, the French striker topping the Greek goalscoring charts with ten so far.

Turkey
    Reigning champs Bursaspor have had little trouble adjusting to the extra demands of CL football (probably because they're doing shit) as they lie just two points behind leaders Trabzonspor. Traditional giants Fenerbahce and Galatasaray aren't quite up with the pace, Fener lie in 4th but are only six points off top spot whilst Gala are having a nightmare, losing 6 out of 13 so far and struggling to get any sort of consistency together. They are 10th and currently closer to relegation than the top.

Russia
    With one game left to go in the much improved Russian Premier League Zenit have secured the title after a superb season which has seen them lose only twice (both recent defeats having come whilst the title was almost in the bag). CSKA are 2nd and assured of CL football next year whilst Rubin Kazan failed to make it a hat-trick of league titles and must go through the qualifying system next season in an attempt to make it a third year in a row amongst Europe's elite. Spartak and Lokomotiv will battle it out for the only Europa League spot available via the league, Spartak visit city rivals Dinamo whilst Lokomotiv host Rubin on the final day. At the bottom Sibir have gone down whilst the 2nd relegation spot will be decided on Sunday, its between Vladikavkaz, Amkar Perm, Kryliya Sovetov and Anzhi for that honour.

I'll leave it there as that is pretty much the limit what most of you will find interesting. They're the main European leagues I follow but if anyone wants info on any others just say and I'll have a look see what I can find

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats going on with Russias season? They are supposed to be failing into line now aren't they so that their leagues runs with other nations to give them better chances in Europe and International games.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick look on Wiki says it will switch to become a winter league for the start of the 2012/13 season.

Didn't know that. What the fuck am I gonna watch during the summer now? The Scandinavian leagues are poo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Whats going on with Russias season? They are supposed to be failing into line now aren't they so that their leagues runs with other nations to give them better chances in Europe and International games.
    Really? There is a reason the Russians don't play in the Winter. Because it's almost utterly unfeasable.

Seen JIJ's post now. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another little idea, in that first post I might as well add an UPCOMING SCHEDULE thing whereby we can list what matches from around Europe are coming up on TV incase anyone wants to watch. What do ya think?

I'll do it anyway but I'll take it down if you think it's a bad idea. If there's anything I've missed (Betfair, Bet365 often have live games) just post them with the date and time and I'll add it to the list.

Andy
    Yeah that's a good shout, if you keep it updated with upcoming big/interesting/derby games I'll probably watch a lot of them.

Remember when the BBC did the Milan derby a couple of years ago? I know it was only because Beckham was playing in it but it would be great if they started doing stuff like that again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is showing Serie A these days? Most streams I see are in other languages.

Andy
    Suarez has been given a seven game domestic ban for having a cheeky chomp of a PSV player's chest.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italy is on ESPN isn't it? With Holland and Germany.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Suarez has been given a seven game domestic ban for having a cheeky chomp of a PSV player's chest.
    Oh yeah forgot to mention that.

The player he bit laughed it off, fair play.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can add internet links to it as well. I always think we have lacked something like that.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way ahead of you pink. Just going through Bet365 now they've got shitloads.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic thread idea. Brilliant work JIJ.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to thank me. This is what I do.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Had another little idea, in that first post I might as well add an UPCOMING SCHEDULE thing whereby we can list what matches from around Europe are coming up on TV incase anyone wants to watch. What do ya think?
    Fantastic idea

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that Bilbao/Osasuna game on Sunday, am I right in saying the first half is shown behind the red button? I'm sure that's what they normally do.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way ahead of you pink. Just going through Bet365 now they've got shitloads.
    These betting type TV channels...tell me more.

Are they Sky Subscription ones or something? I havnt turned my TV on in months.

Speaking of foreign football on TV I am amazed that a channel hasnt tried to pick up Polish Estraklasa football. There are loads of Poles over here, it would come dirt cheap and would get decent viewership for a biffy station struggling for viewers.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just have to have an account with them, Ladbrokes, Bet365, Betfair are the best I've found. Once you have an account there's tons of live sport on them. I barely scratched the surface there with Bet365. Good quality too.

That's a good shout about Polish football. Although from the Poles I've met they all seem more interested in the Premier League. Plus the Ekstraklasa is another low-scoring league so it may not pull in the viewers. Probably get a few good hooligan fights though, Wisla/Cracowia would be amazing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to watch more Dutch and Turkish football, Ive watched the odd Dutch game on sky. The German league has a review every Monday on ESPN, not missed one yet. Some cracking games and goals in that league.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bloke who narrates that Bundesliga review show has the strangest tone of voice ever for a football show

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how Adem Ljajlic is getting on at Fiorentina? It was his move collapsing in particular that seemed to set off the whole anger against the Glazers again over the past year or so, just wondered if he has actually shown anything promising in Serie A. I only ever see the odd game in the pub on a Saturday evening, last one was Juve vs. AC Milan where Del Piero broke the club scoring record. Legend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've just been linked with him over the last few days, no idea how he's been playing though!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bloke who narrates that Bundesliga review show has the strangest tone of voice ever for a football show
    I have not noticed, will have to next time.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching the Serie A preview show and there was some ridiculously random music being played over the top of it. ESPN are mental

Simon
    Hey guys, if anyone wants to talk about El Clasico, there is this thread:

http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.p...68#post6532668

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Predictions for El Clasico....

I think Jose is too clever for Barca, Higuain and Ronaldo on the counter. 2-0 to Real.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching the Serie A preview show and there was some ridiculously random music being played over the top of it. ESPN are mental
    When's that on?

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Collin View Post
    So, Predictions for El Clasico....

I think Jose is too clever for Barca, Higuain and Ronaldo on the counter. 2-0 to Real.
    An underwhelming 0-0 draw. Jose won't want to lose more than he will want to win

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    When's that on?
    Not sure to be honest I caught it randomly at work but i work nights so I doubt 4am is its regular timeslot

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Hey JIJ, do a preview of the crapiness that is the A-League this weekend, please?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Glens won their first silverware of the year beating Linfield last night. Matty burrows scored again.

The move to younger players like Burrows from the shit of Hamilton and Gillespie has been brilliant. Squad is reborn, it's a shame the winding up order will be coming soon

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the big rivalry in NI sof?

Is it Linfield/Glentoran? One of them always gets on Sky Sports but I can't remember who.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updating this weekend's live schedule. Only gonna put up the matches of note from now on I went a bit overboard last time, I doubt anyone logged into Bet365 to watch Gent/Genk

Simon
    Good game I thought, Genk thoroughly deserved their win.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the big rivalry in NI sof?

Is it Linfield/Glentoran? One of them always gets on Sky Sports but I can't remember who.
    Yeah it's the biggest in terms of stature. They are the two most succesful teams and are dubbed 'the big two'. Linfield are on sky sports a lot. The main issue at the minute is Linfield play in and own the national stadium and are therefore subsidised heavily by the Irish FA.

The derailing of the multi-purpose stadium for political reasons has lead to the IFA accpeting to pay for refurbishments to the stadium meaning that the gap between them and other clubs will continue to grow.

The Glens have basically cheated financially and not paid the taxman 250,000. It's embarassing. They signed Keith Gillespie last year with the rumour being they were paying him 1,000 a week and the sponsor another 1,000. He was unsurpisingly shite.

In terms of emerging sides Cliftonville and Crusaders have done very well recently. You might have heard about Liam Boyce? He got a move to Bremen from Cliftonville, they also got through a round in Europe which is an acheivement for that league.

If the Glens are in decline I would expect both of those two to push Linfield for the title. Crusaders play on a 3g pitch now, caused a bit of a storm.

They were involved in that match that bbc reported on with a stupid number of sending offs last year.

All in all the footballing standard is very poor. It's hard to watch and there can still be secterian undertones. Donegal Celtic and Linfield normally have a lot of policing and trouble at their games due to it.

There was quite an uproar last year when teams were asked to reapply for their place in the top division and donegal celtic in particular though they were being punished for being a nationalist supported side.

Football in the whole of Ireland is in a shoddy state financially. I reckon more people actually travel across the water each weekend for games than go locally

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are Institute doing?

Alf
    Who was asking after Adem Ljajic?

Here is an interesting article about wingers who move central...

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/12/...ger/#more-5265

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazio go 2-0 up against Inter, Rafa must be in trouble if they lose.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what's up with italian footy and their half empty stadiums? None are ever full for any game.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It's due to the violence at the games i think. More and more people are staying away as the atmosphere at the games isn't particularly the nicest.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With every team?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Not sure it's every team but i think there have been a fair few incidents with teams fans and it's not been the same teams stirring it up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think the italian FA bought in ID cards as well which i think a lot fans protested about saying it would cause chaos and was against their right of freedom. Maybe a lot are staying away in protest.

Andy
    Anyone have any idea why the Spanish football isn't on Sky tonight?

I've not got anything to do tonight so I'm genuinely disappointed it's not on. Gonna have to study instead.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on xbox live instead and join the rajah league.

Andy
    Don't have the new FIFA yet mate. I've banned myself from getting it before I finish my dissertation.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You study on Saturday night then mate.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new FIFA is shit Scott, you batter a team and then get hit by Messi/Ronaldo on the counter. Just isn't fun, IMO.

Andy
    Is this where we talk about Spanish football now?

Barca are seemingly back to their best after a shakey (by their standards) start to the season.

Alf
    Has the Barcelona game started yet?

This was posted on ftl

Barcelona went to airport.

Airport strike.

Rosell and Spanish Federation discuss postponing the game.

Postponed to tomorrow at 4.

Barcelona players go home and plan to travel at 4 this afternoon for tomorrow's game.

Osasuna don't agree to switch and get p*ssed off because they hadn't agreed switch in first place.

Game set for tonight but no time fixed.

Barcelona travel by train and bus to game.

Andy
    Yeah it kicked off just after 7.45, half time now.

That's obviously why Sky didn't have it scheduled but they've got it on the red button now anyway.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca won 3-0, two goals for Messi.

Andy
    And an assist for the other goal. He's just on another planet just now.

Real haven't looked great tonight, understandable given what happened last week. Looks like Ronaldo has got them out of jail again though.

Watched the Milan game earlier, it's amazing what an injection of youth and pace seems to have done to their team. I'm not sure how Boateng has done in general but he was very good tonight, with Ibra and Robinho causing all sorts of problems in front of him.

Alf
    It's mental how well he's doing at Milan when he was absolute shite for us.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keano's Magic Hat View Post
    The new FIFA is shit Scott, you batter a team and then get hit by Messi/Ronaldo on the counter. Just isn't fun, IMO.
    I always play with lower teams, and if no one matches my team I don't play them.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like KMH isn't very good at it, tbh.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beefy, why must you hurt me at every opportunity?

Let it be known, I am a sensational Fifa player. However, even a top player like myself cannot compete with the general shift in importance that has been placed on the side you select. Fifa has now reached the point where it's almost impossible to defend against a superior side. I don't care if it's more realistic, it just isn't as fun.

Here's a great example- I selected United and some twat selected Real Madrid

First Game: I lost 5-2. I had about 60% of the ball and more shots. He would dink a through ball over the top to Ronaldo and that was it for me. Bang goal. I'm a terrible loser, though, so we played again.

Second game: I lose 4-3 or something. He scored every chance, and this without even using the placed finish- Ronaldo is unstoppable.

I then requested we switch teams.

I then smashed him, scoring about 15 goals over three games and conceding none.
    Last edited by Keano's Magic Hat; December 5th, 2010 at 9:44 AM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly deserve credit for sticking to your principles and choosing to play with that famous minnow club of Manchester United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KMH shouldn't feel too bad.

I know a certain poster on here...who shall remain nameless....who lost 10-1 at FIFA not so long ago.

Incidentally, on topic, for those who care, Sturm Graz destroyed JIJ's favourite Austrian team LASK Linz 5-0 yesterday to move within a point of upstarts Reid at the top of the Austrian Bundesliga. Reid have a very tough game away to Rapid later today.

http://www.atdhe.net/ for live streams. Lille/Lorient, Leverkusen/Koln, Fiorentina/Cagliari, Nice/Marsielle, Villarreal/Sevilla, Catania/Juventus and St Etienne/Bordeaux are amongst the more interesting ties it claims it will show.

There's also a Polish league game for those interested in that above in the thread, and the aforementioned Rapid/Reid.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll name him for you. It was Torn. Against me. In the Xbox League.

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    You certainly deserve credit for sticking to your principles and choosing to play with that famous minnow club of Manchester United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I feel he is due a comeback here by mentioning some of your defeats now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Reid have a very tough game away to Rapid later today.
    Rapid lead 2-0 so far.

http://www.atdhe.net/ for live streams. Lille/Lorient, Leverkusen/Koln, Fiorentina/Cagliari, Nice/Marsielle, Villarreal/Sevilla, Catania/Juventus and St Etienne/Bordeaux are amongst the more interesting ties it claims it will show.
    Lille/Lorient just finished 6-3. Hindsight being 20/20 I missed it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    How do you think Jol leaving Ajax will affect them this season? There can't be many Dutch ex-players ready and waiting to take over.
    Frank De Boer maybe?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    I BEAT YOU 9-0 ONCE YOU COCK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torn, remember when you were 2-0 up against Zaragoza in FM?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahaahahah

I didn't even finish that story. No one will know what happened to you when you took on Zaragoza.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    How do you think Jol leaving Ajax will affect them this season? There can't be many Dutch ex-players ready and waiting to take over.
    Frank De Boer maybe?
    Rijkaard ?

Alf
    !!!!!!!!!!! Lads

My 1995 Fiorentina shirt just arrived. Number 9 on the back... and the name of the great man himself, BATISTUTA on the back.

Love it.

Andy
    Got ESPN back this week and I've already watched the Bundesliga and Eredivisie reviews. Great stuff.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bundesliga is great, Mondays just as I get in from work it starts. Some cracking goals and games every week.

How much is ESPN? Mine just comes out direct debit with my sky bill, so I'm probably getting ripped off and paying £20 for it.

Alf
    Lads, I think you need to be paying some big up respec to my new footy shirt.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, like you it is gay. If it was a vintage Parma shirt with DINO BAGGIO or TINO ASPRILLA then maybe but that? NONCE OFF.

Alf
    Fuck you. I will wear it and gun you down with a pretend machine gun after scoring an immense goal.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Parma between like 92 and 98

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Fuck you. I will wear it and gun you down with a pretend machine gun after scoring an immense goal.
    Sure you will mate. If I was there in a DINO BAGGIO top I would murder you with your own face. That or FERNANDO COUTO

Andy
    Not sure now much it is these days, I only got it cos they phoned me and offered it for 12 quid for three months.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

SOF doesn't stand a chance.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, I think you need to be paying some big up respec to my new footy shirt.
    Show us a pic then.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parma at that time was one of the things that really got me properly into football. That and RTE showed Premiership games on a 30 minute delay

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ET TOU GARY J?

ENRICO CHIESA, THURMAN, CANNOVARO, BUFFON, BAGGIO, TINO, ZOLA OOOFFF what an era

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Not sure now much it is these days, I only got it cos they phoned me and offered it for 12 quid for three months.
    Yeah when ESPN I got mine for £9.99 not sure if it goes up after a while.