Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Next?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oliviera belongs at 145. Give Dunham a Sherk rematch assuming he's back in action before too long. If not I dunno, give him the loser of Aussie George/Siver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Oliviera belongs at 145. Give Dunham a Sherk rematch assuming he's back in action before too long. If not I dunno, give him the loser of Aussie George/Siver.
    That's actually a good call. He commonly weighs in around 152 and 153. Getting to 145 shouldn't be a problem at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ya, I never noticed it before his recent fight with Jim Miller because at that point he had been running through everybody but he looked incredibly weak against Miller and I think he would continue to run into that problem running into high level grapplers at 155.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on Oliveira. I think he'd be a serious force at 145 lbs and there are a lot of fights I'd love to see him in at that weight.

Back to Guillard/Florian.. apparently Florian wants Guillard now too.. book it, Joe!
    http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Ken...hat-fight.html
    Last edited by Dubya; January 25th, 2011 at 1:24 PM.
    Check out The Real MMA Talk at Facebook.com/TheRealMMATalk1 or follow on Twitter @TheRealMMATalk

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florian/Guillard would be a good fight, especially the way Guillard was able to destroy Dunham-who during the pre-fight was touted as "unbeatable even by Dana White". KenFlo has proven that he can pretty much beat anyone @ 155 as long as the fight isn't a title fight or a #1 contender's bout. There is no pressure in a fight with Melvin other than "win".

It is too bad Sherk is constantly injured, a Dunham rematch would be awesome.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike 'the joker' Guymon has officially retired. Just heard it from his mouth on Junkie Radio. He was saying that because of the medication he has to take now (for what, he didn't say..), he just can't do it anymore. He said he realized it right after the fight over the weekend that he's just not the same and his reaction time just isn't there anymore. He said its something thats been going on through his last few fights, taking the medications I mean .. and apparently its something he has to take so its not like he can just stop taking it. He went on to mention that he'd really like to stay involved in the sport and possibly become a ref or a judge. I like the idea of fighters becoming judges/refs. He sounded in pretty good spirits about it all.

You were almost always fun to watch and definitely a class act.
    Last edited by Dubya; January 25th, 2011 at 2:24 PM.
    Check out The Real MMA Talk at Facebook.com/TheRealMMATalk1 or follow on Twitter @TheRealMMATalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I truly worry about him. He tried to commit suicide before. This can't help.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really did sound in good spirits through the whole interview. He was laughing and sharing memories with the Junkie crew cuz they're all really close. DeMarques Johnson was actually the next guest and the two of them talked for a bit too.. it was a pretty good interview, to be honest. They'll probably have it posted on www.mmajunkie.com/radio by tomorrow afternoon. It's worth a listen. His interview is around the 1-hour mark and lasts about 30 minutes.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also said during the interview that he popped a rib and cracked 2 vertabrae in his neck from that body triangle. Ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...there's no shame to tapping out to a body triange with a broken rib and 2 cracked vertabrae.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike "Suicide" Guymon.

Why don't you put your life on the line a bit more often in your fights you arsehole?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So according to MMAJunkie Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne is in the works for UFC 130.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, kinda hoping Travis Browne knocks him flat out to be honest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't that fight been in the works a month now?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Yup, kinda hoping Travis Browne knocks him flat out to be honest...

STRUVE FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stefan Struve cannot take a punch the likes that Travis Browne will throw.

Big Country knocking Struve out is still one of the best KO's in recent memory.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guillard firing back at Florian, saying that he doesn't know where Kenny thinks he's ranked at in the top 10, but he didn't even deserve the fight with Dunham and he doesn't deserve to fight Guillard. Said he would destroy Florian.

Unless Florian is gonna need more time for recovery, I'd say book it. Whether Guillard thinks Florian deserves to fight him or not, it could really elevate Guillard's value if Melvin can beat Kenny like he says.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/01/27/m...ght-me”/

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stefan Struve cannot take a punch the likes that Travis Browne will throw.

Big Country knocking Struve out is still one of the best KO's in recent memory.
    Browne couldn't even beat Kongo when Kongo had points taken away and Kongo is shit.

Struve's gonna make Browne his bitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kongo would knock Struve out too.

Travis Browne should knock Stefan Struve out, Sean McCorkle almost did and he's basically an indie fighter that made it to the big league off the back of a few ridiculous interviews.

In fact had Sean McCorkle been in good shape and had a better practiced and harder elbow from mount, he'd have destroyed Stefan Struve.

I'm not saying Struve is a bad fighter, I'm saying he cannot take a hit from Travis Browne and stay on his feet.
    If Browne lands anything Stefan Struve is dead meat.

Browne by KO or Struve by submission. I cannot see it being a decision for anybody.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Sean McCorkle most certainly did not almost knock Stefan Struve out.. and it wouldn't have mattered if he was in better shape or elbowed harder from mount .. because Struve didn't let him stay in mount long enough to cough on him. He sweeped him and punched his face in until McCorkle rolled over like a little bitch. All he did was get at takedown, go for a kimura, and then get sweeped and TKO'd. That's a very detailed description of the fight. It was just under 4 minutes. McCorkle had nothing for Struve.

Browne is less of a mismatch than McCorkle was for Struve, but Browne is still heavily overmatched here. I don't know why you think Struve is so shit .. he's won more fights just by submission than Browne has even had. He's been TKOing people lately too .. Roy Nelson and JDS are the only 2 guys that have ever put him down by KO .. and that's not exactly something to be ashamed of so I'm not sure why you don't think he can't take punches. Espescially from someone like Travis Browne, who is nowhere near either of their levels. Browne's biggest win is over James McSweeney (4-6). He is very overmatched in this fight. Struve can take his punches and throws faster punches than Browne, has the reach advantage .. and if it goes to the ground, Browne literally has no chance at all cuz Struve is a fucking sick BJJ ace. .. and he's getting bigger/stronger in every fight lately.

Struve by whichever form of stoppage presents itself first.
    Last edited by Dubya; January 28th, 2011 at 2:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Silva
    1. Georges St. Pierre
    2. Yushin Okami
    Based on the outcome of GSP/Shields, Anderson's next opponent will be one of the two. Personally, if Anderson beats GSP, I'd like to see him move up to 205 on a permanent basis. With Machida not holding gold anymore, Anderson could attempt to become the first ever dual champion.

Vitor Belfort
    1. Wanderlei Silva
    2. Michael Bisping
    Belfort getting KO'd in the first round by Anderson Silva was bad. Granted, it's happened to other great fighters like Rich Franklin and Chris Leben. The important thing is that he stop this negative momentum now. Giving him an opponent who is willing to exchange is important. Wanderlei/Stann could certainly be called off in favor of a much bigger fight. If the UFC is determined to do Silva/Stann, then Michael Bisping is another good option.

Forrest Griffin
    1. Rashad Evans
    2. T. Silva/Rampage winner
    After defeating back to back champions, Forrest has some momentum again. Forrest has earned his place in the top 6 of his division and he needs to continue facing top guys. Rashad will be ready to go in about 3-4 months which makes the timing for a rematch perfect. Silva/Rampage would make a fine 2nd choice, but their bout isn't until May, and who wants to wait until August/September to see Forrest again?

Rich Franklin
    1. Machida/Couture winner
    2. Rashad Evans
    Because of timing issues, there aren't a lot of LHW options out there for Rich Franklin. As a former UFC Champion, Rich hasn't had a non-former champion as an opponent since facing Matt Hamill in 2008. Machida/Franklin II could make for an interesting rematch, and Franklin/Couture could make a killer co-main event for any card on the planet. I threw Rashad in here only for the sake of Rashad being picky about opponents, and the added awesome factor of having Rashad fight his coach from TUF 2.

Jon Jones
    1. SHOGUN BABY!!!

Ryan Bader
    1. Jason Brilz
    2. Hamill/Davis winner
    All of my choices to face Bader have good wrestling credentials. Jon Jones isn't exactly a measuring stick of talent. Bader joins Vlad, Vera, Hamill and Bonnar in the list of people who Jones has made look foolish. Bader needs a Top 15 opponent to really stay relevant, and any of these three guys fit that description. Personally, I think Brilz is the most likely candidate.

Jake Ellenberger
    1. Jon Fitch (if he loses to Penn)
    2. Kampmann/Sanchez winner
    3. Josh Koscheck (if both Fitch and Lytle win)
    Ellenberger wants Fitch BADLY! The only problem there is that Fitch will undoubtedly be getting a title shot if he beats BJ Penn. As long as Fitch doesn't win, there is no good reason to not make Ellenberger/Fitch happen. In any event, Ellenberger is ready to face a contender. Otherwise, options are pretty limited.

Carlos Rocha
    1. Dong Hyun Kim
    2. Mike Pyle
    3. Claude Patrick/Daniel Roberts winner
    Rocha's grappling was impressive to say the very least. Throwing him in with guys who have strong grappling skills would be a test for anyone in the welterweight division. Earning a split decision loss on Jake Ellenberger is HUGE.

Miguel Torres
    1. Demetrious Johnson
    2. Brian Bowles
    Mighty Mouse is an impressive wrestler and Torres is one of the best bantamweights ever. Both guys have a majority of their wins via submission and each man is trying to work his way towards the title. I'd put each of them in the Top 10 of their division. If this fight doesn't happen, I'd love to see a rematch with Bowles.

Antonio Banuelos
    1. Scott Jorgensen
    2. Eddie Wineland (if Wineland loses to Faber)
    Let's see Jorgensen/Banuelos III. Their first two fights were both incredible and both men seem to love putting on a show.

Chad Mendes
    1. Jose Aldo
    2. Mark Hominick
    Chad Mendes should be fighting for the title soon. After beating Cup Swanson, Javy Vasquez and now Omigawa, he's right on the cusp of a title shot.

Michihiro Omigawa
    1. Tyson Griffin
    2. Manny Gamburyan/Rafael Assuncao winner
    Omigawa can be a big draw in the UFC as long as he is against someone willing to put on entertaining bouts. Chad Mendes wasn't the best choice for this. Let's make sure that Omigawa brings home Fight of the Night next time by putting him against someone like Tyson Griffin.

KID Yamamoto
    1. Renan Barão
    2. Urijah Faber (if Faber loses to Wineland)
    An up and comer like Barao (25-0-1 in his last 26 fights) deserves a step up in competition and a win over KID would definitely cement his status as a major player in the bantamweight division. Faber/Yamamoto is the bigger matchup and I'd love to see it, but not if Faber gets past Wineland.

Donald Cerrone
    1. Cole Miller
    These guys have already started the war of words on the internet and people have actually been talking about this fight. Cerrone is probably in the better position on the ladder right now due to Cole's dominating loss to Matt Wiman, so if Cerrone still wants it, let him have it.

Paul Kelly
    1. Spencer Fisher/Ross Pearson loser
    2. Sam Stout
    Kelly likes to bang. He clearly isn't winning titles while he is in the company, but he is the kind of fighter who is perfect for a Prelims or Versus event. Give him someone who will stand and bang also. Sam Stout was his original opponent at UFC 126. They could revisit that.

Paul Taylor
    1. Spencer Fisher/Ross Pearson winner
    2. Mac Danzig
    Paul Taylor is a great striker who doesn't mind going to war. Neither does whoever wins between Fisher and Pearson. Mac Danzig may have just KO'd Joe Stevenson, but I'm not quite ready to see him against Top 20 competitors.

Gabe Reudiger
    1. Mark Richardson who works at the unemployment office. When Gabe tries to apply for unemployment, he is going to be sad to find out that he in ineligible. Mr. Richardson is a 63 year old retiree, but even he will beat Fat Gabe.

Kyle Kingsbury
    1. Karlos Vemola
    2. Luiz Cane
    Kingsbury was extremely impressive in his 0:21 second destruction of once-beaten Ricardo Romero. It's time for a step up. Throw him in there with the winner of Vemola/Cane.

Mike Pierce
    1. Nik Lentz
    2. Waylon Lowe
    Let's let all of these lay-and-pray guys fight each other instead of wasting our time and ruining several fights. Pierce has an impressive record in the UFC and his only loss was a competitive bout with Jon Fitch, so I don't quite hate him.

Kenny Robertson
    1. Shane Roller/Thiago Tavares loser
    2. Curt Warburton/Maciej Jewtuszko loser
    I admittedly don't know much about this guy. I know that he was undefeated before his debut on Saturday night, and I know he has most of his wins via submission. For that reason, I think throwing him in with some similar submission guys is a good idea. Or you can go another route and give him an upcoming striker like Jewtuszko.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like Penn / Fitch 2 personally .. maybe for a vacated WW title ..

Bisping .. if he doesn't want to fight Mir to the death (win-win situation), then I'd say he should fight either Sonnen/Okami/Maia .. needs a win over one of them to really justify that title shot he wants so bad.

Sotiropolous .. I'd like to see Georgie vs. Dunham myself, but I dunno if they do that or not .. maybe the Bocek/Bendo winner?

Siver .. I'd say give him someone in the top 10. That takedown defense was unreal and makes me think he could really hang with some of the better LWs now.. as most of them are wrestlers. Maybe the Miller/Kamal winner?

Ebersole .. Condit? Ellenberger?

Lytle .. Condit? Ellenberger? Sanchez/Kampmann winner would be a good fight ..

Noke .. Rivera?

Pearson .. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe Melvin Guillard.. that would be a fun fight.

Fisher .. 34 years old and lost 3 of his last 4 .. you had a nice run buddy.
    Last edited by Dubya; February 27th, 2011 at 2:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Fitch
    1. BJ Penn
    2. Jake Ellenberger
    Fitch vs Penn is the only fight that makes sense right now if it is for the belt. With Lytle losing, they are the only guys near the top of the division with any drawing power. If they try to make some more stars, I'd like to see a 4 man tournament for the new belt, with Fitch vs Ellenberger in the opening round.

BJ Penn
    1. Jon Fitch
    2. Kampmann/Sanchez winner
    Same scenario as above, but I'd give the winner of Kampmann/Sanchez to BJ Penn.

Michael Bisping
    1. Chael Sonnen
    2. Maiquel Falcao
    Bisping's actions were dispicable on Saturday night and he needs to be punished. Chael Sonnen is the best man for the job. In the event that Chael isn't back, I think Bisping should be punished a different way by getting paired up with unranked Maiquel Falcao, who is possibly the most dangerous unknown in the world.

Jorge Rivera
    1. Chris Leben II
    2. Tom Lawlor
    Rivera just turned 39, and let's face it, he is a one-dimensional striker who never broke out of the middle tier. Give him a striker and let's see where the chips land. I feel that Leben is definitely above Rivera, but a rematch between the two could produce some much needed fireworks for either man's career. I feel that Tom Lawlor is roughly in the same spot, and a fight with a veteran like Rivera is just what he needs.

Dennis Siver
    1. Clay Guida
    2. Jim Miller
    Even if he beats Showtime, I don't think Clay Guida is next in line for a title shot. Regardless of the outcome of that fight, I think Guida/Siver is the best matchup. Jim Miller is another good option, because he'll need someone to keep him busy while he waits on Champ vs Pettis.

George Sotiropoulos
    1. Evan Dunham
    2. Charles Oliveira
    All three of these guys are brilliant BJJ guys with very good striking. Any combination of the three of them would make an excellent fight. Georgie definitely fell a LONG way by failing so many takedown attempts against a heavy underdog non-wrestler, in a hometown show, so facing someone as low on the food chain as Oliveira isn't out of the question.

Brian Ebersole
    1. Sanchez/Kampmann loser
    2. Paulo Thiago
    Ebersole outworked a crafty veteran in a major way. He has excellent submission defense. He'll be trouble for a lot of guys. I think his memorable performance warrants a bout with a name opponent.

Chris Lytle
    1. Carlos Condit
    2. Dong Hyun Kim
    Carlos Condit is absolutely the correct answer here. This fight has been booked twice now and needs to happen. If not, let him face Dong Hyun Kim. Kim could use a win over a craft veteran and Lytle needs to prove that he can still go. However, he recently said that he didn't think he could start from scratch in hopes of a title shot. I'd hate to see Lytle retire though.

Kyle Noke
    1. David Branch
    2. Dan Miller
    Kyle Noke quickly became the new face of Austrailian MMA after making impressively quick work of Chris Camozzi on the same night that G. Sot faced an enormous setback. Expect Noke to get another main card bout against someone that he can beat. David Branch is a good test, regardless of the outcome of his upcoming fight with Rousimar. Dan Miller is a tough kid that refuses to quit, so it would be interesting to see if Noke can be the first stop him.

Ross Pearson
    1. Jacob Volkmann
    2. Joe Lauzon
    Volkmann got some pretty big press considering that Jay Leno did a segment on him on The Tonight Show. A fight against a TUF winner like Ross Pearson is a good move. Both men are dangerous and Volkmann is on a 3 fight win streak. Otherwise, Joe Lauzon is a respected grappler and TUF alumni. It's a nice step up in competition for Pearson, who I feel, is one of the weaker TUF winners.

Alexander Gustaffson
    1. Stephan Bonnar
    2. Kyle Kingsbury
    It really depends on how much faith they have in the big Swede. Bonnar is a great test, but they might not feel that he is ready for such a high-profile bout. In that case, throw him up against another up-and-comer who has found recent success like Kingsbury. Either way, he could use a couple more big wins.

James Te-Huna
    1. Cantwell/Diabate loser
    2. Ricardo Romero
    Te-Huna donating his entire fight purse to help in giving relief to the flood victims of New Zealand is a heroic act that will not go unnoticed. This sort of behavior is going to be rewarded, so I expect us to see Te-Huna again, regardless of how badly he was dominated. There are lots of choices for light-heavyweight opponents that don't have a lot of direction right now. Any of them would make a suitable opponent. One more loss and Te-Huna won't be seen until the next trip to Austrailia.

Nick Ring
    1. Court McGee
    2. Brad Tavares
    It makes perfect sense to do the rematch of Ring/McGee. McGee got eliminated by Ring, Ring had to leave the competition and then McGee comes back to win it all. It's storybook! Brad Tavares was a favorite from that season also, and would make a good opponent.

Riki Fukuda
    1. Kendall Grove
    2. Jason MacDonald
    Dana loves Riki Fukuda, because he is a strong guy and will do well in the Asian market that they are trying to break into. Dana is fuming after the decision because KID, Omigawa and Fukuda have all lost their debut. Fukuda will be given a very winnable fight against a notable, in hopes of making his name more marketable. I'd definitely say that Kendall is the best option, but if Fukuda needs more time off, Jason MacDonald is fighting is April, which could set up an August bout between the two.

Anthony Perosh
    1. Igor Pokrajac
    2. Tim Boetsch
    Perosh is not the level of talent on par with the current UFC roster. He won on Saturday, but it was against a nobody. Perosh likely won't get another bout anytime soon. If he does, it should be against someone in need of a win.

Zhang Tie Quan
    1. Matt Brown
    2. Cub Swanson
    Zhang needs a step up in competition if he is going to make the impact that Dana needs him to. A win over former champion Matt Brown or perennial contender Cub Swanson would definitely do the trick. We'll just have to see if he's as good as Dana would have us believe.

Mark Hunt
    1. Pat Barry
    2. Matt Mitrione
    Jesus Christ! Mark Hunt has returned! Give him somebody who is willing to trade and see what happens! Neither Barry or Mitrione is too high up in the rankings that they can't face someone who has defeated Wanderlei Silva and Mirko Cro Cop.

Curt Warburton
    1. Andre Winner
    2. Bart Palszewski
    Lightweight who is trying to make his name. Both of these guys are coming off of losses and Warburton is coming off of a win. Nothing special about the pairings.

Maciej Jewtuszko
    1. Chris Horodecki
    2. Will Kerr
    Jewtuszko is really the bottom of the barrel in the UFC lightweight division right now. His win over Njokuani was great and I expected more out of him, but he's got to work hard if he is going to get anywhere.
    Last edited by PMBR; February 28th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Horodecki has been released hasn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call. I'm surprised by that. He won 2 straight before the loss to Cerrone. Is that REALLY all you got out of my analysis?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Hehe, sorry. It was a good read.

I honestly would like to see The Mauler get Rich Franklin next. Alex will probably co-main event the upcoming fall UFC show here in Sweden and I would love to see him get such a high-profile opponent.

The kicker is that I would fully expect him to smash Rich. I don't expect many to agree with me on that (understandebly) but I'm close to 100 % positive on that outcome. Alex/Tito Ortiz would be fun too. Another easy victory for Sweden.

Truth is that I would expect Gustafsson/Bonnar to be much more likely than Ortiz or Franklin.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think Lytle should be fighting Condit now that he's riding a loss to an unknown. His stock has gone down quite a bit.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see Hunt/Barry .. and I'd still like to see Condit/Lytle .. Lytle is still a quality win for anyone. I like Bonnar/Gustaffson and Zhang/Swanson too. McGee/Ring makes a lot of sense as you said.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Hunt/Barry is full of win. Or at least a definite jolly good time for all of us watching.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they could throw Hunt/Barry on as a Fight Night co-headliner or something cuz that would be a fight you know will deliver and those are the fights you want everyone to see. I'm still kinda hoping to see Mitrione/Kongo ..

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Jones - obviously Rashad Evans.

Shogun Rua - Shogun/Forrest II is what I'm hoping for. That said, he could also take the winner of Couture/Machida or even Rampage/Hamill.

Urijah Faber - Cruz/Faber II apparently Dana's already said its next.

Eddie Wineland - put up a hell of a fight. I'd say Brian Bowles or Joseph Benavidez.

Nate Marquardt - he seems to want to fight Michael Bisping, so I'd say Michael Bisping. Makes for a good fight really.

Dan Miller - Chris Leben .. Yoshihiro Akiyama .. Jorge Rivera .. C.B. Dollaway ????

Jim Miller - maybe Ben Henderson if he beats Mark Bocek? Most of the other upper-level LWs are booked. Shane Roller?

Kamal Shalorus - Cole Miller? Shane Roller? Ross Pearson?

Mirko Cro Cop -

Brendan Schaub - Ben Rothwell? Mir/Nelson winner? Struve/Browne winner? Carwin? Mark Hunt?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil Davis - Maybe Stephan Bonnar? The Brilz/Matyushenko winner? Sozsynski?

Nog Zero - Rematch with Shogun? Couture/Machida loser? Brilz/Matyushenko winner? Brandon Vera?

Anthony Johnson - Alves/Story winner? Kampmann? Condit? Swick? Diaz/Macdonald winner? Sanchez?

Dan Hardy - Chris Lytle? Brian Ebersole? Martin Kampmann? Amir Sadollah?

Amir Sadollah - James Wilks? Brian Ebersole? Dan Hardy? Diaz/Macdonald loser?

Demarques Jonhson - This one has me a bit more stumped really .. John Hathaway? Kris McCray?

Chan Sung Jung - Rani Yahya? Mike Brown? Chad Mendes? Omigawa rematch?

Christian Morecraft - Matt Mitrione .. that would be a fun fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Cro Cop - Big Nog, retirement, or maybe McCorkle in a Loser-leaves-town match?

:/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schaub Vs Mir/Nelson winner sounds perfect to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather not see Schaub/Nelson II if Nelson beats Mir. He is above that rematch and has nothing to gain from it. I think they should do Schaub/Mir REGARDLESS of the outcome of Mir/Nelson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil Davis vs Matt Hamill - unless Hamill beats Rampage

Lil Nog vs Forrest Griffin - both have great striking and jitz

Rumble vs Carlos Rocha - With the failure to make weight, let's not give Rumble somebody major. Rocha is a huge test for anyone on the ground and decent standing too

Hardy vs Lytle - Lytle wants to bang and so does Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMBR View Post
    I'd rather not see Schaub/Nelson II if Nelson beats Mir. He is above that rematch and has nothing to gain from it. I think they should do Schaub/Mir REGARDLESS of the outcome of Mir/Nelson.
    That's true and I didn't really think about it to be honest.

Schaub would have to beat someone world class in the meantime to earn another shot at Big Country.

Frank Mir would be a great opponent for Brendan Schaub though, that fight would promise a finish from either direction.
    That said, I reckon Nelson will beat Mir. Roy Nelson is the most underrated heavyweight in the division. He might have gained respect by lasting the longest against the most feared striker in the Heavyweight division besides Carwin, but he has a fantastic gameplan, great chin and an iron right hand. Plus his BJJ is immense.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil Davis vs Matt Hamill - unless Hamill beats Rampage

Lil Nog vs Forrest Griffin - both have great striking and jitz

Rumble vs Carlos Rocha - With the failure to make weight, let's not give Rumble somebody major. Rocha is a huge test for anyone on the ground and decent standing too

Hardy vs Lytle - Lytle wants to bang and so does Hardy
    I don't know what I think of Nog/Forrest, but after 2 straight losses .. it seems like a step back for Forrest to me .. but its Nog, so maybe not .. I'd rather see Nog/Shogun II or Shogun/Forrest II to be honest. I'd like to see Lil' Nog / Couture.

Rumble made weight for the Hardy fight .. I don't mind that match-up much though. I think they could give him a bigger name to make it draw better though.

I don't like Hardy for Lytle because Hardy's lost 3 in a row now and Lytle may have just lost, but was on a 4-fight win streak before that and would've been in title contention with a win over his original opponent in his last fight .. .. how bout Hardy / Ebersole or Hardy / Pyle .. I wouldn't be shocked to see them do Hardy / Lytle though, to be honest. Unless Condit takes the Penn fight, I'd still like to see them re-book Condit / Lytle.

Said it earlier.. would love Hamill / Davis.

I also like the Mir / Schaub booking .. if Nelson loses to Mir, I wouldn't really mind seeing Nelson/Schaub II, but would still rather see Mir / Schaub in that case.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 129

Georges St-Pierre - Nick Diaz is really the only one that pops into my mind right away. He didn't seem all that excited about the Silva match-up, so that's the only thing I can come with right now. The winner of Hyun Kim/Condit could get a shot down the line, but Diaz seems like the much better and more wanted fight.

Jake Shields - Honestly, there are a ton of good fights for Shields. I'd like to see a fight with either B.J. Penn, Jon Fitch, or maybe even Josh Koscheck. I know Carlos Condit wants to get the loss to Shields back. Maybe the winner of Condit/Hyun Kim.

Jose Aldo- Dana has said that Chad Mendes is probably next and I'd agree with that.

Mark Hominick - For me, its either the winner of Kenny Florian/Diego Nunes or Korean Zombie.

Lyoto Machida - There are really no good match-ups for him right now at all. I mean, you could throw Matyushenko at him, but I don't think he gains much from it .. maybe Brandon Vera, but again .. he doesn't gain anything from it. There's really no one jumping out at me right now at all. Everyone is booked.

Vladimir Matyushenko - Maybe someone like Brandon Vera or Cyrille Diabate or Alexander Gustafsson?

Jason Brilz - I dunno, probably one of the same guys mentioned for Vladdy above.

Ben Henderson - Jim Miller makes the most sense to me. Rankings-wise, style-wise, timing-wise .. I think it works great.

Mark Bocek - Hmm .. maybe Gleison Tibau or Kamal Shalorus?

Jake Ellenberger - If they wanna give him a bigger fight, then someone like Shields, Alves/Story winner, or a returning Koscheck even. If not so much a bigger fight, maybe Rory MacDonald?

Nate Diaz - I'm not sure on this one .. I have a feeling he might drop back down to 155 now. If he does, I'd say give him someone like Bocek, Tibau, Shalorus or someone along those lines ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Georges St. Pierre
    1. Nick Diaz
    2. Condit/Hyun Kim winner
    Diaz is the best matchup for GSP, and he's trouble anywhere that a fight goes. Granted, BJ Penn is excellent off of his back too and look how little he could do with the champ no top. If the negotiations with Diaz fall through, the best backup is the winner of Condit and Hyun Kim is the best option. Kim has been grappling trouble for everyone, but it looks like Lil Diaz solved him just a bit too late.

Jake Shields
    1. Jon Fitch
    2. BJ Penn
    Shields needs to compete with contenders who want to grapple. The best grapplers who are high up there are Fitch and Penn and the two of them REALLY shouldn't rematch each other, given the third round of their last encounter.

Jose Aldo
    1. Chad Mendes
    2. Kenny Florian/Diego Nunes winner
    Chad Mendes is the man for the job. Not saying that he will win, but he has earned the fight. If, for some reason, the UFC goes another direction, the winner of Florian/Nunes is a great pick. Florian has name recognition, while Nunes would be 17-1 coming off of wins over Rafael Assuncao, Matt Brown and Kenny Florian to his credit.

Mark Hominick
    1. Diego Nunes
    2. Kenny Florian
    It's pretty clear that Chad Mendes is getting his title shot. I just listed secondary options for Aldo above because I think they are next in line for the belt. Whoever wins this fight should be the next opponent for Hominick. After the striking display he put on against Matt Brown, I prefer Hominick/Nunes regardless of the outcome of Florian/Nunes.

Lyoto Machida
    1. Vladimir Matyushenko
    2. Dan Henderson
    VladMat is 4-1 since returning to the UFC, and his only loss is to the reigning king of excellence. He's a very credible opponent with first round stoppages in his last 2 fights. He is also the highest ranked fighter not already booked. In the event that Fedor/Hendo falls through (come on... it's M-1), I think that Machida vs Hendo could be a very big matchup for both companies.

Vladimir Matyushenko
    1. Lyoto Machida
    2. Matt Hamill
    Case for Machida made above. Hamill got rinsed by Jones once before. Let's not see that rematch anytime soon. Win or lose against Rampage, I think he is an excellent opponent for Matyushenko, and after such a dominant win, Matyushenko has earned another quality opponent with name recognition.

Jason Brilz
    1. Luiz Cane
    2. Igor Pokrajac
    Brilz had great momentum from the fight with Lil Nog because he took it on short notice, and fans had sympathy for the underdog who had a decision ripped from his hands. He has fallen FAR down the ladder. A 1 year layoff and a 20 second KO loss will do that to you. Give him someone trying to establish a foothold in the division. A Cane or Pokrajac seems about right. Soszynski might be a good pairing too after he rinses Anthony Perosh.

Ben Henderson
    1. Jim Miller
    2. Guida/Pettis loser
    Bendo did a great job fending off the attacks of Marc Bocek. He was a longtime WEC champion who lost in a razor thin decision, even after the Showtime kick. Dubya said it right. This one just fits. If Pettis loses to Guida, let's see a rematch.

Marc Bocek
    1. Mac Danzig
    2. Donald Cerrone
    Both of these options have good jitz and the winner of their upcoming bout will be roughly in the same place as Bocek in the food chain. Let's see how they do against one another when both participants want to grapple.

Jake Ellenberger
    1. Jon Fitch
    2. Story/Alves winner
    The Fitch fight is one that was already made and the two match up well against one another. They each have great wrestling. I'd give the grappling edge to Fitch, but just barely and I'd give the striking edge to Ellenberger by far. If they are intent on doing Fitch/Penn II (ugh) then set up Ellenberger against the winner of Story/Alves. Lots of great options here, though. Koscheck, Paulo Thiago and Chris Lytle also come to mind.

Nate Diaz
    1. Gleison Tibau
    2. Amir Sadollah
    Rumor mill has Diaz going back to 155. If he does, Gleison Tibau would probably love the taste of a TUF winner. If he sticks around at 170, a TUF 5 winner vs TUF 7 winner bout sounds good to me.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching the post-conference, it seems like Lyoto and Vladdy are quite friendly with each other. They mentioned training together a lot in the past and coming up together .. so they may or may not want to fight each other. Depends on how close they are I suppose.

Ya know, one that didn't pop into my head but makes sense to me and I'd like to see it .. If Nate drops back down to 155 .. how bout Diaz/Bendo? I think that makes for an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham out of his fight with Sotiropoulos. I'm now suggesting that Ben Henderson step in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham did the smartest thing in getting injured.

Nobody really wanted that fight. Maybe some fans who don't feel an affinity for either but most of us didn't want to see two great up and comers in essentially a loser leaves town match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham did the smartest thing in getting injured.

Nobody really wanted that fight. Maybe some fans who don't feel an affinity for either but most of us didn't want to see two great up and comers in essentially a loser leaves town match.
    I have never felt so close to you in my life. If this was in red, I would have claimed it as my own.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Evan Dunham is smoking dog crap. I hope his next opponent hands him his walking papers. The guy irks the shit out of me. Really really annoying face too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never felt so close to you in my life. If this was in red, I would have claimed it as my own.
    I noticed my rep had gone up after this post.

Turns out it was Mark Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was too lazy to spread it around

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how everyone went on and on for DAYS about how great Dunham was when Sherk took the decision from him, but now that BIG MELV has put him down.. he's dog shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I never have liked him dub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how anybody dislikes Dunham. Sure, he got rinsed by Guillard, but his grappling was excellent against Griffin, Escudero and his striking looked excellent against Sherk.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Very very smug and annoying face. He just screams prick to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soto to face Dos Anjos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His nickname is not Soto... it's G.Sot. I was so confused by your post that I shit myself in anger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there is a fighter called Soto already radon, Greg Soto.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His nickname is not Soto... it's G.Sot. I was so confused by your post that I shit myself in anger.
    His name is not G.Sot... it's GEORGEY !

G.Sot ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Georgey is a pet name. Not a nickname. GOD DAMMIT!

Shit... I've done it again

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Either way it was pretty clear radon was talking about George Sot based on the context of the discussion. And on that topic Sot by 2nd round sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry lads didnt mean to throw everyone ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound like an MMA fighter gone mad.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's gone Rory MacDonald on everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im excited to be likened to the great MacDonald .. and hope I can get a title shot within a few years.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage Jackson - Jon Jones. There is really no one else right now. If Rashad/Evans is happening and Shogun/Forrest II is happening .. that only leaves Rampage and Machida for Jones.. Rampage clearly gets the nod there.

Matt Hamill - Maybe Brandon Vera or Vladimir Matyushenko?

Roy Nelson - the gym. seriously. they should make a tv show and call it Roy Nelson: The Cut and get him down to 205. I know he's 35, but he has a lot of fat and water weight, which is the easiest kind to lose if done right. Hook him up with Mike Dolce and go to town with it. Would make great TV.

Frank Mir - Schaub/Nog winner or Dos Santos/Carwin loser.

Travis Browne - Mitrione/Morecraft winner.

Thiago Alves - If Kampmann beats Howard, I'd go with Kampmann. . if not, maybe Condit/Dong loser .. maybe Rory or Shields .. maybe Koscheck.

Rick Story - Dana hinted that Fitch could be next .. if not, I'd say Ellenberger or Condit/Dong winner/loser. Maybe Koscheck.

Brian Stann - I would say the Maia/Munoz winner.

Jorge Santiago - I say Chris Leben. Makes for an interesting fight in my head.

Miguel Torres - Bowles rematch maybe?

Demetrious Johnson - I would say either Cruz/Faber loser or Wineland/Benavidez winner.

Tim Boetsch - Maia/Munoz loser works for me.. if not, then maybe Santiago?

Kendall Grove - fuck off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage - Shogun vs. Griffin 2 winner. I know they'd rather get Jones back out there, but Rampage hasn't shown he's ready for him. IDEALLY I'd switch up everything and match Davis with Machida and have Evans slot in for his title shot, with the winner of Davis/Machida getting in line followed by the winner of Rampage's rematch. But that's not going to happen since Evans wants a tester fight before Jones I think.

Hamill - Vera, Bader, Lil Nog, Davis if he loses to Evans. Somebody his level basically, 10-15 in the division.

Mir - Nogueira/Schaub winner or Dos Santos if he loses.

Travis Browne - Mitrione/Morecraft winner or Russow.

Struve - Pat Barry for the hilarious height difference.

Story - Ellenberger. I'd match the division Penn/Fitch, Shields/Koscheck up top, winner of Story/Ellenberger gets a "you win, title shot, you lose THAT MAN IS IN THE MIX" fight with one of those winners. I'd match the Condit/Kim and Johnson/Marquardt winners too.

Alves - if Diego wasn't booked so far out, him. Because he is, maybe a Brian Foster or Nate Diaz in a Spike prelim.

Stann - somebody who won't wrestle him. He's marketable, don't piss it away by having Mark Munoz or Aaron Simpson gangbang him for 15 minutes. Wand, Lawler if he comes over, Belcher, winner of Sakara/Rivera.

Santiago - somebody who won't twat him. I'd give him maybe Dan Miller or Dollaway.

Torres - Faber if he loses (since Torres has not shown enough to show he'll get back to the top and while he's not tarnished), or a guy like KID or even original opponent Brad Pickett.

Johnson - Benavidez/Wineland winner. If they're ready to bring in 125 then Johnson/Benavidez is the perfect inaugral title fight. Probably too soon though.

Boetsch - another mid level guy. Tom Lawlor.

Grove - surely gone now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Rampage - Shogun vs. Griffin 2 winner. I know they'd rather get Jones back out there, but Rampage hasn't shown he's ready for him.
    That's a dodgy timeline there, you have to figure Jackson will be off the suspension list and Jones will be healthy again in time to fight each other rather than Griffin or Shogun who are two guys who need 3 fights a year at most, not to instantly fight the champ after they fight each other.

Plus Griffin doesn't deserve a shot at Rampage while Rampage is this highly ranked.
    If that fight happens, believe me, it is because Rampage has come out and said many many times consistently since he lost his title to Forrest that he desperately wants another crack at him.

I think that's a fight for another day, a day in which Rampage has had his shot to Jones and lost and Shogun has beaten Griffin...if such a day ever comes.

That would be a nice way to bounce back from a loss for two fan favourites.

Nobody loses when it's Forrest vs Rampage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Plus Griffin doesn't deserve a shot at Rampage while Rampage is this highly ranked.
    I really want the rematch and if Forrest can beat Shogun again then it'd make sense. I really want Rampage to avenge that "loss".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say this about the idea of Rampage v. Shogun/Griffin. I like it.

As much as I shit on the idea, Rashad has been waiting forever for "his" title shot. If he beats Phil Davis, then the only way I see Rampage getting the title shot over Rashad is by someone going "Machida beat Rashad, Rashad beat Rampage, but Rampage beat Machida who beat Rashad with a brutal KO whereas Rashad barely beat a fat ass version of Rampage."

I rank Phil Davis at least #8 in the UFC's LHW division right now and a win over Rashad would put him in a #1 cont. fight with someone like Rampage, Shogun/Griffin, or Machida. I don't agree that Griffin is somehow this jabroni now considering he had 2 good fights with Tito and Rich Franklin after long layoffs. He had a dissapointing showing against the modern era Bruce Lee in Anderson Silva and 6 years ago lost to Keith Jardine and Tito.

He's still top 10, I'd say right above Phil Davis right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want the rematch and if Forrest can beat Shogun again then it'd make sense. I really want Rampage to avenge that "loss".
    I entirely agree with that, I just mean that Griffin really has to beat Shogun Rua to fight Rampage again and if Rampage has the offer to fight Jones next that seems like a better option to me.

Look at the timeline, maybe I'm being unreasonable.

In fact lets say Griffin beats Shogun, and then Rampage beats Jones.
    That would be incredible.

Griffin Vs Rampage #2 surely?!

Title shot again for Griffin, title defence again for Rampage.

I dunno, sounds like Dana might already know all these options.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JDS - Cain.. and I can't wait.

Carwin - Roy Nelson? Travis Browne?

KenFlo - Apparently Aldo, but I'd rather see a fight with Hominick.

Nunes - If KenFlo is getting Aldo, then either Hominick or the winner/loser of Mendes/Yahya

Herman - Mitrione/Morecraft winner? Barry/Kongo winner?

Einemo - Barry/Kongo loser? Mitrione/Morecraft loser? Roy Nelson? Stefan Struve?

Maia - Santiago? Leben after Wand?

Munoz - Stann? Leben/Wand winner? Palhares?

Cerrone - Says he'd like to fight Sam Stout .. awesome .. if not though .. Pettis? Danzig? Cole Miller?

Rocha - I dunno .. Dunham? Kamal Shalorus?

Beltran - Kongo or Morecraft? Nelson? Carwin? Browne? Herman?

Rosa - really any of the same as Beltran ..

Stout - if not Cerrone, then the same as Cerrone .. Pettis? Danzig?

Edwards - anyone really .. Tibau? Lauzon?

Weed Man - Maia? Grove? Palhares?

Bong - Grove?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overeem - Bigfoot obviously..

Werdum - I dunno.. maybe Cormier? Maybe wait and see what happens with Fedor/Hendo and possibly do Fedor/Werdum II?

Barnett - Kharitonov obviously..

Rogers - I think a fight with Chad Griggs would be interesting.

KJ Noons - um ... I dunno? Josh Thomson maybe? Aoki? Kawajiri?

Masvidal - Seems like a shot at GIL NINO is in the works.

Cormier - Werdum? Griggs? Rogers?

Monsen - If he's really dropping to 205, I hope they give him one more fight. I hope so anyway, but Monsen at 205 interests me a lot.

Griggs - Rogers? Cormier? Monsen?

Valentijn - This one I dunno ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valentijn Overeem should retire.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes. Retire on top with his 29-26 record.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he should go for that mystical 30th win.. or yeah, just retire. I won't be upset either way, to be fair.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheick Kongo -- I'm sure Matt Mitrione will want to avenge his buddy's death and go for this, but I don't think that's the fight for Mitrione. I think Kongo should get Shane Carwin. Its a good match-up right now. Carwin has lost 2 in a row.. his only real big win is over Gonzaga.. I think its a good time for that match-up. Maybe Roy Nelson even?

Pat Barry - Ya know, I'm really not sure. Christian Morecraft?

Matt Mitrione - I say give him either Dave Herman or Travis Browne. Both are still more experienced than he is and are coming off wins.

Christian Morecraft - Joey Beltran? Pat Barry?

Matt Brown - I liked his original match-up with Matt Riddle, but I say give him Charlie Brenneman.. Rick Story?

John Howard - 3 in a row..

Rick Story - I say give him either Jake Ellenberger or the loser of Condit/Hyun Kim. Maybe Koscheck if he's ready in time. Matt Brown?

Charlie Brenneman - Koscheck again if he's ready in time and not fighting Bonnar. Same as story, Ellenberger makes a good opponent .. Matt Brown too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I could see Brenneman/Ellenberger. Winner fights winner of Condit/Stun Gun for a shot at GSP/Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's next for BJ Penn? As much as I fear that Fitch would grind out a 3 round decision you have to think, this was a great fight and it went to a draw. They are both top guys in the division, and if they fought, it's either a for sure title shot or fighting the winner of Condit/Stun Gun for the shot @ the winner of GSP/Diaz. There are just so many awesome fights at 170 at the top of the ladder, and with GSP so dominant, you have to really find him the perfect challenger.

Also, Kos, what's his story? Would he be a good canidate to fight the wnner of Hardy/Lytle upon his return? Shields/Ellenberger? He should definitely get a top 10 guy, I don't know if I'm on the Brenneman bandwagon because I never really followed Rick Story, to me it was just another wrestler doing what wrestlers do. Maybe a rematch with Diego?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominick Cruz - I say go with Demetrious Johnson. If not, there's the rematch with Bowles.. but I think Mighty Mouse deserves his chance first.

Urijah Faber - Brian Bowles and Miguel Torres both pop into mind instantly. If Bowles gets the title shot, I'd say Mighty Mouse though.

Wanderlei Silva - Dana says retirement so I guess.. sadface.

Chris Leben - If/when Belfort beats Akiyama, do Leben/Belfort .. if not, give him Mark Munoz cuz I think they're gonna do Stann/Sonnen.

Tito Ortiz - If he's sticking around and taking a paycut, we should be realistic here. He's at the very most Top 20, so let's not throw out top 10 opponents. .. I say Stephan Bonnar .. Brandon Vera .. Krzsytof Sozsinski .. maybe the Matyushenko/Gustafsson winner.

Ryan Bader - You could give him the same line of opponents as Tito really.

Dennis Siver - I'd kinda like a rematch with Wiman, but if not .. I think a Guillard rematch makes more sense than anything else right now. It was a while ago .. it was quick .. they've both evolved a lot since then .. I say Siver/Guillard II.

Matt Wiman - again, I'd like a Siver rematch .. but I don't think they'll do that. So .. Shane Roller? Anthony Pettis? Anthony Njokuani? Danzig rematch?

Carlos Condit - he's not getting a title shot until next year, so lets get that out of the way now. If they hadn't made Shields/Ellenberger, I'd say Condit/Shields .. but now.. the first top guy available. .. Penn .. Fitch .. Koscheck .. I'd say whichever of those 3 is healthy first. If not, maybe avenge the Kampmann loss?

Dong Hyun Kim - he's still got an outstanding record and is just right outside of being a contendor. I'd give him Rick Story or Charlie Brenneman right now.

Melvin Guillard - rematch with Siver works for me.. if not, there's not too many other fights that make a ton of sense. Anthony Pettis would be interesting .. Clay Guida?

Shane Roller - Matt Wiman? Mac Danzig? Cole Miller? Mark Bocek?

Rafael dos Anjos - Evan Dunham? Shane Roller? Matt Wiman?

George Sotiropolous - Matt Wiman? Evan Dunham? Shane Roller? they're all kinda interchangeable right now..

Brian Bowles - I say either Faber or Torres rematch. Let Mighty Mouse have his chance.

Takeya Mizugaki - Hmm .. Wineland/Benavidez loser? Damacio Page?

Anthony Njokuani - Wiman? Dos Anjos? Oliveira?

Andre Winner - 3 in a row. peace out.

Aaron Simpson - Santiago? Rivera/Sakara winner? Nick Ring maybe?

Brad Tavares - Simpson didn't overly impress me in the win, so in my head you could really give Tavares the same line of opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rafael Dos Anjos is rewarded with a fight against Dunham, Wiman or Roller then he might as well stop trying right now.

He needs someone with a win under their belt.

Rematch Jeremy Stephens?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of those guys are probably still ranked higher than he is. Wiman definitely is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit fights though.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Dos Banjos vs. Dunham would be pretty good actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham is the exception to the rule, I don't want to see him fight guys like Dos Anjos anyway. He should fight guys like Roller and Wiman before Dos Anjos.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashad Evans - obviously the Jones/Jackson winner.

Tito Ortiz - I say either Rich Franklin or Lil' Nog.

Vitor Belfort - I would say since Sonnen/Stann has been deemed a title eliminator.. either give him the winner of Leben/Munoz or.. maybe Yushin Okami if Silva beats him? MW isn't as deep right now as it used to be.

Yoshihiro Akiyama - I am optimistic that they would give him another shot if he dropped to 170 and I said before that I think he would be great there. He would really stifle a lot of wrestlers when they couldn't get him down and could likely pick apart a good deal of them on the feet. I think someone like Thiago Alves would make for an awesome fight, to be honest. Martin Kampmann..

Brian Ebersole - Ok, well he's beat some of the vets .. I wanna see him in there with some of the younger blood now. Honestly.. Rory MacDonald is perfect for me here. Rick Story maybe, but I like the MacDonald matchup more.

Dennis Hallman - I really hope his banana hammock doesn't get him released.. he did win 2 fights in a row before that loss. I've always wanted to see Hallman/Serra to be honest. Both killer bjj guys. I think it would be a great fight.

Jorge Rivera - I honestly think that Alessio Sakara is the only person I really want to see Jorge Rivera fight at this point.

Constantinos Philippou - I dunno.. maybe the Belcher/MacDonald winner?

Mike Pyle - I think a fight with Rick Story would be interesting.

Rory Mac - I still say Brian Ebersole.

Alexander Gustafsson - RICH FUCKING FRANKLIN.. if not, maybe someone like Matyushenko or Bader?

Hammer Hamill - Hmm.. maybe the Vera/Marshall winner? Stephan Bonnar? Sozynski maybe?

$$$ Mendes - Aldo/Florian winner.

Rani Yahya - Diego Nunes or maybe even a Hominick rematch?

Mike Brown - Hmm... maybe the Roop/Hioki winner? Tyson Griffin? Hominick?

Nam Phan - Garcia rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tito vs anyone would be fun, Tito literally clings onto his contract by a thread here.

Belfort doesn't deserve someone on the rise like Leben/Munoz quite yet, even Okami would be dodgy. I think he deserves to fight someone like Gustafsson, see how a big Swedish demolition ball gets into a big Brazilian hurricane.

Ebersole - Someone young, fresh and likely to engage on their feet.

Rivera - Hopefully fighting someone on the rise but unheard of. Rivera didn't look good against Philippou who in all honesty is a TUF reject.

Philippou - Sakara if he's fit?

Rory Macdonald - Gotta offer him a truly big name now. I'm thinking someone like John Hathaway providing he beats Krauss.

Pyle, sliding down a bit but hopefully fighting someone like Johny Hendricks. That would be a grand affair.

Gustafsson - Belfort

Hamill - Someone unheard of and random.

Nam Phan: Forever and always Garcia rematch.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belfort and Gustafsson aren't in the same weight class BRAH.

Belfort = 185
    Gustafsson = 205

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not quite sure how Belfort doesn't deserve someone like Leben, Munoz, or Okami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not quite sure how Belfort came into the company and got straight to a fight with Rich Franklin, but hey, he did and now apparently knocking out Akiyama will stick him back up in the mix .

Apparently people rate Vitor slightly higher than I do.
    Last edited by Seanny One Ball; August 8th, 2011 at 1:47 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Gustafsson vs. Matyushenko. Franklin will probably fight Diet Nog. Alex/Thiago Silva would be a great fight too.
    Belfort vs. Leben
    Akiyama @WW vs. Chris Lytle or Thiago Alves
    McDonald vs. Brenneman (14-2) or Hendricks (12-1). MacDonald/Story would be interesting, but I guess Story has to get a win first.
    Brian Ebersole vs. Matt Serra

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not quite sure how Belfort came into the company and got straight to a fight with Rich Franklin, but hey, he did and now apparently knocking out Akiyama will stick him back up in the mix .

Apparently people rate Vitor slightly higher than I do.
    Haha because a) he was on a 4 fight win streak including 3 KOs and b) he was a name and a former champion. He then went on to knock Rich the F out in the first round so I still don't see the issue with him getting that fight. It's like when people moan about Brock getting that title shot against Couture... well he did win dominantly so you can't really hold it against him.

Belfort's only loss in years was to the number one fighter in the world. Akiyama has nothing to do with Vitor being in the mix. The fact that Vitor would smash 99% of the MW division is why he should be in the mix.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Gustafsson vs. Matyushenko. Franklin will probably fight Diet Nog. Alex/Thiago Silva would be a great fight too.
    Belfort vs. Leben
    Akiyama @WW vs. Chris Lytle or Thiago Alves
    McDonald vs. Brenneman (14-2) or Hendricks (12-1). MacDonald/Story would be interesting, but I guess Story has to get a win first.
    Brian Ebersole vs. Matt Serra
    Honestly I think Rory Mac deserves more of a name than either of those guys. All three of the guys you listed I think would be a step back for him. Even if Sherdog does rate Brenneman as a top 10 WW (lol).

I want something like Macdonald/Koscheck or Macdonald/Alves... something along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha because a) he was on a 4 fight win streak including 3 KOs and b) he was a name and a former champion. He then went on to knock Rich the F out in the first round so I still don't see the issue with him getting that fight. It's like when people moan about Brock getting that title shot against Couture... well he did win dominantly so you can't really hold it against him.

Belfort's only loss in years was to the number one fighter in the world. Akiyama has nothing to do with Vitor being in the mix. The fact that Vitor would smash 99% of the MW division is why he should be in the mix.

For some reason I forgot Leben got KO'd by Brian Stann.

Belfort/Leben would be a great match up for the fans.
    I wasn't saying Belfort doesn't deserve a fight with Leben/Okami/Munoz because he's not in their league...I was putting a little too much stock in his loss to Silva is all.

Also I have nothing but a big to my Gustafsson/Belfort suggestion. Middleweight/LHW...It was late, I was knackered...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think Rory Mac deserves more of a name than either of those guys. All three of the guys you listed I think would be a step back for him. Even if Sherdog does rate Brenneman as a top 10 WW (lol).

I want something like Macdonald/Koscheck or Macdonald/Alves... something along those lines.
    I think for the benefit of building Rory's name he should definately take on someone like Rick Story or Johny Hendricks. They are not huge names but they are guys he could throw around for a while and add to his highlight reel before he steps up to fight guys like Koscheck.

I like seeing a build up to a big name fight, one more up and comer would cement his claim to a big fight, like when Jones took Bader out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just keep thinking back to his fight with Condit. He was kicking Carlos' ass for a couple rounds, I definitely think he could hold his own against the guys I mentioned.

I understand where you're coming from too but I grow tired sometimes when guys are just fed lower-tier after lower-tier despite being ready for a bigger fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick Story beat Thiago Alves didn't he? Is it a matter of a "name" fight or climbing the ladder cuz right now you wuld think Story is ranked higher than Alves.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    According to Fightmatrix Alves is ranked #13 and Rick Story #15. They have MacDonald as #8.

Ellenberger -> #11
    Brenneman -> #14
    Hendricks -> #18

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    According to Fightmatrix Alves is ranked #13 and Rick Story #15. They have MacDonald as #8.

Ellenberger -> #11
    Brenneman -> #14
    Hendricks -> #18
    Which pretty much goes to show you how full of shit Fightmatrix is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I see Story ranked lower than Alves is if they're factoring in that Story lost his last fight while Alves won his.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    USA Today's 'consensus rankings' has it as:

Story -> #8
    Alves -> #9
    Brenneman -> #11
    Ellenberger -> #16
    MacDonald -> #23

This list is from July 29 so MacDonald's win over Pyle isn't taken into account. Pyle was at #17 so maybe Rory will be ranked around that spot in the next update.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that one better, to be fair.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The USA Today rankings include non UFC fighters as well (Daley #12, Askren #18, Hieron #19). Daley has probably dropped quite a bit after the T-Wood loss.