Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were supposed to say #1 and then I was going to say "AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT."

Friends off, OD50.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I just checked out the rankings and GSP is ranked at #1..

Oh.....

...Too late?

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey no problem. Like my girlfriend says: we just need to have our timing down better.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is the first double post I've done on the internet since 2002
    Last edited by kangus; August 8th, 2011 at 5:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you manage the 3 minute delay?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i truly want to see Belfort vs Anderson II

first one was a fluke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson Silva will never lose a stand up game, especially not to someone he can telegraph so well that he front kicks their face off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    Rick Story beat Thiago Alves didn't he? Is it a matter of a "name" fight or climbing the ladder cuz right now you wuld think Story is ranked higher than Alves.
    Name value really. I think beating Thiago Alves would be a better feather in your hat than beating Story even if he did beat Alves. His stock dropped considerably in my eyes after Brenneman wiped his ass with him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    USA Today's 'consensus rankings' has it as:

Story -> #8
    Alves -> #9
    Brenneman -> #11
    Ellenberger -> #16
    MacDonald -> #23

This list is from July 29 so MacDonald's win over Pyle isn't taken into account. Pyle was at #17 so maybe Rory will be ranked around that spot in the next update.
    That is absurd. Brenneman ranked three spots below Story despite dominating him recently and MacDonald at 23 (even before his victory over Pyle)?

USA Today does not need to rank MMA fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Name value really. I think beating Thiago Alves would be a better feather in your hat than beating Story even if he did beat Alves. His stock dropped considerably in my eyes after Brenneman wiped his ass with him.
    I think Thiago Alves stock dropped with his recent 1-3 record, he's no longer a scalp really if you look at it objectively.

On the topic of rankings, we're seeing some dodgy rankings after every fight nowadays....it's hard to say if Charlie Brenneman is better than his current ranking, but I'll tell you now when he beats a guy that beat a top ten....we kinda have to take notice.

It's fucked up that a pure wrestler can ruin a win streak for a legit MMA fighter, but we see it happen all the time. Not every newbie is a Brian Ebersole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Story and Brenneman fight a second time that I'm unaware of? Or is Mark rewriting history again? Brenneman won 2 rounds and Story very clearly won the third. There was no domination in that fight. There were no 10-8 rounds or anything that could remotely resemble a 10-8 round. There were no near-submissions and I don't remember Story nearly being finished at any point. Please explain this "domination".

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nope, Story is a shmuck and had his ass handed to him by a relative unknown.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Story wants Dong Hyun-Kim for his next fight, makes sense since they are coming off losses to Condit/Brenneman.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, Story is a shmuck and had his ass handed to him by a relative unknown.
    Relative unknown? Charlie Brenneman has been highly touted as an up-and-coming prospect for like 2 years now.. that was just his first real main card TV win. He's far from a scrub and so is Story. I still consider Story to be a top WW in the company, to be honest. Loss to Charlie or not. Keep in mind too that his opponent got changed like days before the fight and he went from Marquardt, not a wrestler at all, to Brenneman, a high-level wrestler.. and he really didn't do all that bad against him anyway.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be realistic, Rick Story isn't exactly a household name either, I honestly never saw a fight of his until the Brenneman fight, call it bad timing due to not seeing the events he was on but pretty much everyone we're talking about could fight each other and it'd make sense. I don't even consider Thiago Alves a big name in the sense that if you beat him it means you're this amazing fighter because Thiago's only looked good in 2 fights-against Kos and against Matt Hughes. The fact he fought GSP is the only reason people give him these overrated props.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its actually the reason why I don't give him props. GSP tore his groin in the first round and still just fucking tossed the bigger, stronger, younger Alves around the cage like it was nothing. Fitch did the same and so did Story for the most part. I think Alves is one of those guys that is easy to break. He can destroy you, no doubt.. but it seems like his will is broken easy. Once things stop going his way, he just crumbles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, he kept coming in the Story fight in the third round. Against GSP and Fitch he was broke, but his conditioning may now be up to task after fixing his diet, thus not as "breakable". He'd have stopped a lot of welterweights in the third round of that fight, he hit Story with some big shots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Relative unknown? Charlie Brenneman has been highly touted as an up-and-coming prospect for like 2 years now.. that was just his first real main card TV win.
    ... making him a relative unknown. I'm sure a hardcore fan who watches each and every prelim would know who he is. But his very first time on tv ever was the Rick Story fight, you couldn't expect even a quarter of the viewing audience to have known who the fuck he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind he said WIN, he had been on t.v. before in other fights, like against Johnny Hendricks. That was kind of a big fight cuz they were both undefeated or at least undefeated in the UFC. Good fight too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wasn't ignoring the word "win". All of his other fights had been prelims and honestly I don't remember seeing Hendrix/Brenneman air.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many "any given day" matches in the middle of the welterweight division. Hathaway, Foster, Pierce, Brenneman, Story, Hendricks, Kim - a lot of 29-28 fights in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    There's so many "any given day" matches in the middle of the welterweight division. Hathaway, Foster, Pierce, Brenneman, Story, Hendricks, Kim - a lot of 29-28 fights in there!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Lytle - all the best.

Dan Hardy -

Ben Henderson - I liked the idea of a title eliminator fight with Guida, whether Guida likes it or not.. he didn't earn a title shot with his totally unimpressive win over Pettis. If not Guida, then maybe Sherk or the Guillard/Lauzon winner.

Jim Miller - Cerrone maybe? Guillard/Lauzon winner or loser, depending how it goes.. Siver/Stout winner/loser, depending how it goes.. Sherk?

Donald Cerrone - maybe Jim Miller.. Cole Miller.. Mac Danzig.. Matt Wiman.. Anthony Pettis.. ?

Charles Oliveira - not a name.. a number.. 145.

Duane Ludwig - looking great at 170. Hathaway or Kampmann are the first 2 popping in my head and either would be great.

Amir Sodollah - He looked horrible in this fight until the 3rd, but he did win 2 in a row before this.. Matt Riddle .. Mike Pierce .. ?

Jared Hamman - looked horrible in the first round, but destroyed CB in the second.. 185 is definitely the spot for him. As for next.. the Court McGee/Dongi Yang winner maybe .. or the Catone/Simpson winner .. Belcher/MacDonald winner maybe.. a lot of options for him really.

CB Dolloway - I don't think he'd get cut (I'd hope not cuz he hasn't lost 4 in a row yet), but he's gonna have to take a step back.. maybe Kyle Noke?

Joseph Benavidez - wrecked Wineland worse than Faber. He's in a tough spot. He's not gonna get another title shot anytime soon after losing 2 straight to Cruz. If Johnson beats Cruz, I think Benavidez would be as deserving as anyone not named Brian Bowles (if he beats Faber).. maybe Jorgensen? that would be a nice one..

Eddie Wineland - I wish they'd throw him in there with a striker just for fun. Give him the winner of Yamamoto/Page.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    See dubya I called Stephan Bonnar last night and he put me on speaker so I could talk to Helwani too, suggested the Guida/Bendo idea and they really liked it.

This was right after I texted Dana and convinced him to give Lytle FOTN and SOTN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duane Ludwig vs Martin Kampmann would be excellent television.

I was so, so happy for Ludwig last night, glad to see him triumph.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think Ludwig/Kampmann would be sick. Ludwig just looks so much better at 170. He's got more energy, more strength, speed.. everything. He just seemed a lot more comfortable in there last night than he usually did at 155.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often wonder why a guy would even bother cutting to an unreasonable weight, the only reason to me is that the division they suit is too full of bigger guys.

I'd rather be my correct weight against a slightly bigger guy than in my wrong weight risking my kidneys and liver.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should cut as much as you can without it really killing you to do so. If you can cut 10-15 lbs with no problems.. sure, why not.. if its a struggle.. you might weigh your options more.. if its downright tiring.. then thats ridiculous.

I always wonder what MMA would be like with the in-between divisions like boxing .. something like 162, 177, 195.. I think there would be so many interesting fights at all of those weights. I understand why it wouldnt happen, but it would still be neat.
    Last edited by Dubya; August 15th, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson Silva - I would say the winner of Sonnen/Stann. You can argue Bisping if he beats Mayhem, but thats not until December.. but even then.. Stann is an undefeated MW and has a win over a top 5 MW in Sonnen while Bisping doesn't have any top 5 wins.

Yushin Okami - If Leben beats Munoz, Okami/Leben can be done.. Stann loses to Sonnen and Okami/Stann is a nice fight.. the winner of Bisping/Mayhem makes a good fight. Rousimar Palhares would be interesting too.

Shogun Rua - Personally, I say Shogun/Machida III. I think it makes the most sense right now. A win for either guy would put them in line for a title shot after Rashad. Other than Machida, maybe Rich Franklin, but Dana seems like he might be wanting to make Tito/Rich finally..

Forrest Griffin - Matyushenko? Phil Davis? Gustafsson? Dan Henderson?

Minotauro Nogueira - I'm more happy to see Nog win than anyone else on this card, but lets not go crazy. I now even more firmly believe that Schaub is overrated. I would say give Nog the winner of Mirko/Nelson. Beating Schaub is big for Nog, but even Dana has already said that it saved him from retirement so I'm not ready to throw him in there with a top 10 guy. Nog/Mirko II now could be intersting.. Nog/Nelson is definitely interesting to me.. there's always Mir/Nog II, but I don't know if I wanna see that yet.

Brendan Schaub - Lots of good fights for him still.. Mitrione/Kongo loser makes for a good fight. I think the winner deserves a step up. Browne/Broughton winner would make a good fight. Barry/Struve winner would be interesting.

Edson Barboza - I was not as impressed with Barboza last night as I'd hoped. I thought he'd pick Pearson apart.. Pearson was landing some good shots through the whole fight. Shots he shouldn't have been landing. Personally, I'd love to see Barboza/Cerrone. I think that would be a crazy fight, but Cerrone might deserve a bigger name next.. Cole Miller? Sotiropolous or Dunham?

Ross Pearson - Tony Ferguson if he beats Aaron Riley.. Wiman/Danzig loser maybe.. Kamal Shalorus? Shane Roller?

Erick Silva - Amir Sadollah.. Matt Brown.. Matt Riddle.. any of the lower tier 170 lb. guys that like to bang.

Rousimar Palhares - Yushin Okami makes sense right now.. maybe the Alan Belcher/Jason MacDonald winner.. Ring/Boetsch winner? a lot of top guys are wrapped up right now..

Dan Miller - MacDonald/Belcher loser .. Ring Boetsch loser .. McGee/Yang winner..

Paulo Thiago - A rematch with Koscheck would be good.. Ludwig maybe? Hendricks maybe?

Yves Jabouin - Don't think he won the fight, but since he did.. give him Assuncao.
    Raphael Assuncao - see above.

Thiago Tavares - Cole Miller? Donald Cerrone? Jim Miller? Sotiropolous? Dunham?

Stanislov Nedkov - Gustafsson would be interesting but maybe out of his reach .. Matyushenko maybe? Vera/Marshall winner?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm.. double post
    Last edited by Dubya; August 28th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griffin/Gustafsson sounds erotic.

Nedkov/Matyushenko makes sense for two plodding Eastern European bomb-throwers.

Big Nog vs the winner of Nelson/Cro Cop also sounds appealing but I dunno if we'll get that given Nelson's pledge to get fit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think now is as good a time for Nog/Mir II than any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, said that last night in another thread.

Nog/Mir 2 is a completely different prospect than the first.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Frank Mir vs. Healthy Nog would be greatness. Not saying Nogueira is a sure lock to win anyway, but just getting to see it would make me happy. Mir/Zombie Nog was just sad to watch.

And would anyone like to see Shogun/Hendo (possibly on Fox) with the winner getting a early/mid 2012 title shot against Jones/Rampage/Rashad? I think Shogun vs. Hendo has epic written all over it and is the perfect type of fight for the big UFC Fox debut.

Just a though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Griffin/Gustafsson sounds erotic.

Risking getting hated on again, I think Gustafsson would stand a really good shot in that fight. Don't think Griffin's chin would hold up very long, and as with Franklin, not good enough wrestling to put Alex on his back. It takes a guy like Phil Davis to do that. Griffin would be the shorter guy too, which is a rarity for him.

Big Nog vs the winner of Nelson/Cro Cop also sounds appealing but I dunno if we'll get that given Nelson's pledge to get fit.
    Yeah, and CC is probably out of the UFC after this one anyway, win, lose or draw.
    Last edited by OD50; August 30th, 2011 at 5:14 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank Mir vs. Healthy Nog would be greatness. Not saying Nogueira is a sure lock to win anyway, but just getting to see it would make me happy. Mir/Zombie Nog was just sad to watch.

And would anyone like to see Shogun/Hendo (possibly on Fox) with the winner getting a early/mid 2012 title shot against Jones/Rampage/Rashad? I think Shogun vs. Hendo has epic written all over it and is the perfect type of fight for the big UFC Fox debut.

Just a though.
    I'd love to see Shogun vs Hendo.

I want to see Mir vs Nog II, but only if Nog wins.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Haha, same.

Let's e-mail Joe Silva and tell him he can only make the fight if Nog is guaranteed the W.

Shogun is the last of the old Pride FC Chute Boxe team (Ninja, Anderson, Wand) that Hendo hasn't fought yet, and I think stylistically it would be explosive. Rankings wise they should be roughly in the same spot too.

Jose Pele-Landi Jons was part of Chute Boxe at the time too, but don't think anyone is dying to see him vs. Henderson.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had suggested Shogun/Davis but I forgot about Hendo. Shogun/Hendo would probably make me order a PPV by itself.

Mir seems like a logical next match-up for Nog but I also fear the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Risking getting hated on again, I think Gustafsson would stand a really good shot in that fight. Don't think Griffin's chin would hold up very long, and as with Franklin, not good enough wrestling to put Alex on his back. It takes a guy like Phil Davis to do that. Griffin would be the shorter guy too, which is a rarity for him.
    I honestly could see Gustafsson KO'ing Forrest, oddly enough I still think Franklin would be a tougher opponent for him stylistically.

Forrest looked awful against Rua, absolutely awful. I do not like his style and I'm really starting to dislike him as a person, it was great seeing him get his clock cleaned.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forrest and Gustafsson would be glorious, but I'd hate to watch Forrest get picked apart again. He wouldn't really have a size advantage over Gustafsson either.. I don't see it going well for him.

Shogun/Hendo is a fucking great idea in my opinion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I honestly could see Gustafsson KO'ing Forrest, oddly enough I still think Franklin would be a tougher opponent for him stylistically.

Forrest looked awful against Rua, absolutely awful. I do not like his style and I'm really starting to dislike him as a person, it was great seeing him get his clock cleaned.
    Yeah, I think Franklin is the overall better fighter. It was pretty much only Griffin's size advantage that won him their fight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Give me Rampage/Forrest II so Page can wipe that awful bs blemish off his record already!

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Rampage is aware that checking leg kicks is certified MMA move that he could start doing at any moment.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Jones - rashad
    Rampage - forrest, nog/Tito winner, franklin, shogun or hendo in japan..
    Hughes - I think he's done
    Koscheck - seems interested in 185 so why not Tim Boetsch or Palhares
    Nate Diaz - pettis/Stephens winner or cerrone/siver winner.
    Gomi - njokuani/Taylor winner or woman/Danzig winner.. tony Ferguson slugfest?
    Hunt - barry/struve winner
    Rothwell - gym.. maybe Te Huna
    Browne - schaub
    Ferguson - I kinda like the Gomi idea
    Boetsch - belcher, palhares, kos
    Ring - I say court mcgee

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Give me Rampage/Forrest II so Page can wipe that awful bs blemish off his record already!
    Rampage agrees.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...mpage-jackson/

Make it happen Joe!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dominick Cruz- Faber/Bowles winner

Mighty Mouse- Faber/Bowles loser

Stefan Struve- Kongo/Meathead loser

Pat Barry- I dunno. Barry's a great personality but unfortunatel he is not very good by UFC standards. If UFC wants to keep him around put him in with a bottom-tier HW like Hunt or Broughton and keep your fingers crossed he doesn't lose that fight because I could see him getting walking papers if he loses his next one.

Rumble Johnson- I know there are rumors of Ellenberger/Sanchez and Ellenberger/Kos but I would LOVE Rumble/Ellenberger. If not then maybe Alves if he wins his next fight. Or Sanchez. Or Kampmann if he wins his next fight. Really there are lots of fun matchups for Rumble at WW. I'm a fan.

Charlie Brenneman- Jake Shields? Kampmann if he loses his next fight and doesn't get cut maybe. Paulo Thiago or Diego Sanchez could work too.

Matt Wiman- Siver/Cerrone loser? Jim Miller? Guillard/Lauzon loser?

Mac Danzig- Same as above.

What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me nuts but I think Mayhem/Diaz may happen somewhere down the line.

Weightclass providing...

Mark Hunt Vs Pat Barry would be amazing Mark...oh man I'd love that.

I bet they sign that too, that's too good not to sign.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd match Rumble quite carefully for now, maybe against another mid tier guy like Pierce next. I want to see him go on a tear, and while him and Ellenberger sounds like an almighty dust up, it'd take one out of the title picture.

Cruz will get the Faber/Bowles winner. I guess if flyweight is way down the line, the Barao/Pickett winner should fight Benavidez in an eliminator. I think Benavidez might get a third shot at Cruz if he gets some exposure, as it's not happened in the UFC plus they can always put it on FOX now.

Barry vs. Hunt sounds magic.

Struve is somebody who should be put against swingers. If Beltran wins on Saturday, book that fight. He's still young, let him go on a run against the lower rungs of the heavyweight ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'd like to see Struve against the loser of Mitrione/Kongo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankie Edgar-Ben Henderson/Clay Guida winner

Gray Maynard-Ben Henderson/Clay Guida loser

Jose Aldo-Chad Mendes

KenFlo-Eric Koch or Mark Hominick (if Kenny stays at 145)

Chael Sonnen-Bisping (if he beats Mayhem), probably Anderson if Anderson is talked into it.

Brian Stann-Munoz (if he beats Leben), Vitor Belfort, or Alan Belcher.

Nam Phan-Brookins, Koch would be a sweet fight.

Leonard Garcia-Mike Thomas Brown rematch?

Joe Lauzon-He should definitely get a top guy, Anthony Pettis would be a good match up.

Melvin-Matt Wiman

Pettis-Lauzon, Nate Diaz

Stephens-Nate Diaz, I wouldn't mind seeing him throw down with Donald Cerrone.

Maia-Chris Leben, loser of Bisping/Mayhem

Santiago-Strikeforce.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankie Edgar - Guida/Bendo winner or if for whatever reason they're not available.. maybe Siver if he beats Cerrone.

Gray Maynard- Guida/Bendo loser isn't a bad idea. Cerrone/Siver winner or Jim Miller would work for me too.

Jose Aldo - Chad Mendes. If he's not available, Erik Koch.

Kenny Florian - If he stays at 145.. yeah, Koch or the Hominick/Zombie winner. If he goes back to 155, rematching Sean Sherk would be good. Nate Diaz maybe.

Chael Sonnen - Anderson Silva.

Brian Stann - Alan Belcher or Tim Boetsch. Maybe Mark Munoz if he beats Chris Leben. .. maybe Koscheck if he wants to go to 185.

Joe Lauzon - Nate Diaz or Matt Wiman would be good. Maybe Jim Miller.

Melvin Guillard - Anthony Pettis, Nate Diaz or Cerrone/Siver winner/loser.

Anthony Pettis - Melvin Guillard, Nate Diaz, or Cerrone/Siver winner/loser.

Jeremy Stephens - Mac Danzig or Tony Ferguson maybe

Demian Maia - Yushin Okami, Rousimar Palhares or Alan Belcher.

Jorge Santiago - Nick Ring maybe?

Nam Phan - Diego Nunes or Darren Elkins.

Leonard Garcia - Zombie/Hominick loser or Zhang Tie Quan

Aaron Simpson - Tim Boetsch or Court McGee .. Brian Stann?

Eric Schafer - Nick Ring or Jason MacDonald

Stipe Miocic - Dave Herman maybe? Travis Browne? Rob Broughton?

Mike Massenzio - Court McGee maybe .. Aaron Simpson?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like Steve to get a few more guys on Beltran's level before making a big step up. Build him as an undefeated monster for a little while.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realy think that Herman and Broughton were all that much better than Beltran, to be honest. Lol. .. its a genuinely small step up in competition really.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Herman is a genuine beast. Broughton would work though, hopefully Steve would tear him apart and give him his pink slip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beltran is a better heavyweight than all of those guys....

Nobody really beats Beltran and he's taken some monumental beatings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    PeeWee Herman is a force to be reckoned with. No way is Beltran better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neer v. Bang Ludwig rumored to be going down in the future....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PeeWee Herman is a force to be reckoned with. No way is Beltran better.
    Wasn't it you that had an eyebrow raised when I gave Travis Browne this much love before his highlight reel KO of Struve?

If not I apologise but I don't see any need to get excited about Dave Herman just yet.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might have been me, to be fair..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was you!

Sorry Mark, I knew it was one of you rascals.

See you dubya... with your ways

Mark Hammer - I don't want to get you excited but I am about to watch Sherk/Dunham for the first time since the actual fight. I got it on DVD as part of Best of 2010 tonight.
    It was cheap and I thought "I could use evidence against Mark Hammer".

I'll get back to you in 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually scored it a draw there. Two rounds to Sherk and one big round to Dunham.

Hmmm

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wasn't it you that had an eyebrow raised when I gave Travis Browne this much love before his highlight reel KO of Struve?

If not I apologise but I don't see any need to get excited about Dave Herman just yet.
    I do not recall this incident.

That being said there is plenty of reason to be excited about Herman.

I actually scored it a draw there. Two rounds to Sherk and one big round to Dunham.

Hmmm
    Why Seanny why? Now that you have (somewhat) crossed to the other side what do I have left to troll you about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troll me about my love of Rampage Ja...OH WAIT

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lucky for you you do love him. Anybody who doesn't has to be a bitter sad piece of shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not entirely sure how accurate this is but Fightline is reporting that Pettis vs Lauzon is being targetted for February.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...nthony-pettis/

I would love this fight. Hard to call though, Lauzon is making a name for himself as an upset king.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just love watching Showtime's highlight reel.

Isn't he only 25 or so?

It's insane to think a guy my age could whoop my ass in so many different ways.

I dunno who I'd root for against J-Lau though, Joe is just too cool for school.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lauzon/Pettis would be fucking ace. Pettis has the stand-up advantage, but that rarely seems to stop Lauzon. On the ground is where this fight would be really exciting to me. They both have sick BJJ, whether they're on top or bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to watch J-Lau go on a tear now actually.

I kinda hope he wins.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just love watching Showtime's highlight reel.

Isn't he only 25 or so?

It's insane to think a guy my age could whoop my ass in so many different ways.

I dunno who I'd root for against J-Lau though, Joe is just too cool for school.
    Bones Jones only recently turned 24, he's even more of a youngster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke about that with my best friend last year.

We both agreed we should have done more with our lives.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No surprise here but Aldo's next challenger has been confirmed as Chad Mendes.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/10/27/Jos...-title-on-2012

I'll be pulling for Money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least someone will, the dude is boring and I don't even know why they call him "Money" when the 4-5 fights I've seen of his almost made me fall asleep. Sick of fighters giving themselves nicknames, because Chad Mendes isn't a draw, he's a lay and pray wrestler who should start paying attention to the likes of Urijah and Benevides in terms of how to put on MONEY fights.

Laying on a dude isn't money, that's me wanting my money and time back!

Aldo is the shit, I don't know what you're seeing in Mendes that makes you want to root against Aldo.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke about that with my best friend last year.

We both agreed we should have done more with our lives.

well you're Scottish so don't blame yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say by that standard I've done pretty well!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    At least someone will, the dude is boring and I don't even know why they call him "Money" when the 4-5 fights I've seen of his almost made me fall asleep. Sick of fighters giving themselves nicknames, because Chad Mendes isn't a draw, he's a lay and pray wrestler who should start paying attention to the likes of Urijah and Benevides in terms of how to put on MONEY fights.

Laying on a dude isn't money, that's me wanting my money and time back!

Aldo is the shit, I don't know what you're seeing in Mendes that makes you want to root against Aldo.
    ???

Personal tastes? Is that really all that strange to you that people would have different opinions? I don't really care for Aldo, never have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ???

Personal tastes? Is that really all that strange to you that people would have different opinions? I don't really care for Aldo, never have.
    I don't think I came out saying "OMG YOU'RE FUCKING WEIRD BRO FOR ROOTING FOR MENDES".

Are you that shook from your experience with Sherdoggers that you can't handle someone disagreeing with you? Are we supposed to just let your opinion go untouched because you have "a difference of opinion"? No shit buddy, it's a message board, it wouldn't be worth posting here if we couldn't comment about what people say.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not shaken. Just explaining that (and I know I'm in the minority) I don't care for Aldo and usually find myself rooting against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the weird part is rooting for a boring as fuck fighter like Mendes as opposed to an exciting talented fighter like Aldo, who's one of the best in the world and pretty much has nothing but exciting fights. I guess to me it'd be like someone rooting for Thales Leites against Anderson Silva.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aldo hasn't been exciting in either of his UFC title defenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aldo hasn't been exciting in either of his UFC title defenses.
    Mendes made paint drying look like it should get a title shot before he did.

I thought Aldo's last 2 fights were really good, and if we're comparing these fighters in terms of entertainment value then it's Aldo by a landslide. I guess I'm just a little surprised because Aldo seems to be right up your alley and to me it seems like you want Aldo to lose just simply to lose, not because he's not very good but because he's been champ for awhile and you want to see it mixed up which I can respect.

Just don't be trying to tell me you think Aldo's last performances weren't exciting while rooting for Chad Mendes to be next in line.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didnt think that the fight where Aldo fight against Hominik was exciting?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really have never found Chad Mendes to be all that boring at all.. the last fight with Yahya was a little slow, but it was more on Yahya because he wanted to be on the ground so much. Mendes just obliged and showed him that his wrestling is better than Yahya's BJJ. .. the fight before that, though.. he wasn't really on the ground with Omigawa very much at all because he didn't need to be. He was outstriking him the whole time.

Besides, the guy has like 10 fights.. he's really been a work-in-progress for a lot of his fights. Wrestling's his comfort zone, but his striking has been coming along nicely from fight to fight. He's like a mini-Kos in his development, just without the dickhead attitude.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Donald Cerrone vs Nate Diaz being targetted for UFC 141.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25880/dona...-las-vegas.mma

Let's go nasty Nate.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that fight a lot. I actually said something to Torn about loving to see that fight at some point. It's a good fight for Cowboy.. another good name to add to his belt. On the flipside, its a way for Diaz to really shoot himself back up the 155 rankings. Cerrone is definitely in the title mix, but until Bendo loses.. he really has no claim. I think Diaz is a great fight to keep his value up and should be a helluva fight to watch.

That card is shaping up nice too..

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
    Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz
    Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
    Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
    T.J. Grant vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Last edited by Dubya; October 31st, 2011 at 9:19 AM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick Diaz - GSP apparently.

B.J. Penn - I really hope not retirement. Take some time off.. come back at 155. I, like many others, would still consider him top 5-10 in the world at 155.. and honestly, after wrestling with Fitch and Hughes and all these guys at 170+ lately.. he might be able to defend some takedowns from certain high-level wrestlers at 155.

Cheick Kongo - I say give him the loser of JDS/Cain. There really aren't any other great match-ups out there for him as far as guys that are coming off wins. I think Roy Nelson would be a step back right now.

Matt Mitrione - Roy Nelson, if Schaub/Werdum doesn't happen.. then Brendan Schaub, Dave Herman, Travis Browne, Stefan Struve

Roy Nelson - Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub rematch, Travis Browne, Werdum

Mirko Cro Cop -

Hatsu Hioki - It's probably not the greatest fight, rankings-wise.. which would probably be Erik Koch, Diego Nunes, Mike Brown.. but I'd say to do Hioki/Omigawa II in Japan. Both big names in Japan so they should be on the card.. the first fight was a split decision.. it makes sense to me.

George Roop - Who cares? I'll watch it. He's really become a fun guy to watch fight.

Donald Cerrone - He's fighting Nate Diaz.

Dennis Siver - Melvin Guillard rematch.

Bart Palaszewski - Diego Nunes and Mike Brown sound good to me.

Tyson Griffin -

Brandon Vera - Forrest Griffin or Rich Franklin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Vera v. Griffin or Franklin would be insane. I still have quite a bit of love left for Vera simply because of his career pre-Tim Sylvia. Whatever happened to him during that 10 month layoff did something to him. I seriously think about what would have happened had the contract dispute not gone down and his fight with Sylvia happened when it was supposed to.

Imagine Vera beating Sylvia and then what would come next....Oh man. We would've seen him fight Couture, he would've probably killed Couture considering the momentum he was on. Then again who knows, maybe Tim Sylvia and co. just came up with a solid gameplan-hold him up against the cage and use the size to control the hand/leg assault. Watch that Sylvia fight, or really any Vera fight where if they're not holding him down or holding up against the cage he's throwing to kill, snap a leg/arm/neck, the guy is vicious...which makes Jones' defeat of him that much more meaningful to Jones' career.

I didn't take Jones serious until that fight, after that fight I was looking at a future champion within 3-5 fights.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes
    and
    Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assuncao

added to UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see how they can keep giving Nate Diaz such high profile fights man.

I love Nate, I love his style. I just don't think he deserves anyone near Cerrone's level.

If anything Diaz vs Siver is a worthy fight, but even then Siver has a more impressive recent track record.

I think Nate gets this level of respect because he's not a can and he's not an arsehole. He seems to have a lot more control over himself than his bro nowadays, he'll constantly be rewarded with great fights because he never looks like a bitch.

Him and his bro share that in common.

I'll eat my hat the day a Diaz looks like a can fighter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nate is awesome. Yes it's a step up for him rankings-wise but I'm really pulling for him to pull the upset (I'm assuming it would be an upset). He's a solid guy at 155 where he doesn't have to worry about bigger guys wrestling him to death. And he's apparantly un-finishable which wins him even more brownie points in my book.

WAR NASTY NATE

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think its that much of a step anywhere .. Nate was 2-1 at LW before he left, dropping a close split decision to Maynard.

Cerrone has been tearing through the UFC, but Paul Kelly, Vagner Rocha, and Charles Oliveira are not exactly contenders. Siver is the first really good win he's got in the UFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vitor Belfort vs Rumble Johnson at UFC 142 in Brazil.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-142-fight-card-updates?185

I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW.

Huge fight. If Rumble wins that skyrockets dude to the top of whatever division he wants to stay at lol. Very excited!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. I think its a bit random for Rumble to be moving up in weight on the strength of a 5-1 run at WW, but a win over Vitor would definitely put him in the top 5-10 of the division. If he stays at 185, I think there are some pretty interesting match-ups for him there.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMAJunkie has Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes headlining the Brazil card with Vitor/Rumble. I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the cut is just getting to be too much for him. He cuts from like 200+ each time and that can't be good on the body even if you've done it as much as he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitor Belfort vs Rumble Johnson at UFC 142 in Brazil.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-142-fight-card-updates?185

I love it.
    Sexiest on-paper fight I have seen for a long, long time.

Fuck yes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Carlos Condit vs Josh Koscheck in the works for UFC 143.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25966/carl...-las-vegas.mma

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really fucking love to see Condit just completely and totally smash Koscheck.