User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 2,801 to 2,861 of 2861

Thread: The Walking Dead -TV thread - NO comic-related discussions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the finale, meh. It was okay, but seems like they spent two plus seasons building up Negan and this big war and it was all fairly underwhelming.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think it was underwhelming at all. I thought it was a damn good war and the bullet blow off was a nice touch.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Good ending to a very average season. I just can't be arsed with any more bollocks with people vs people. Let the show take its course how it should - how to overcome this fucking thing.
    Sadly I get the feeling (from the comics so spoilers)

To be fair I think it could be a good thing, right now the show is losing itself trying to walk the line between original and source, if it just lets itself go then hopefully it will work itself out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I just busted through the 2nd half of the season and I'm ok with most of it.

I thought i would have been more emotional over the death of Carl but I'm guessing since I took such a break from the show it lost some impact. I did like the letter writing aspect of his arc though. It definitely played the part of finally dividing who was ultimately evil.

They did a decent job in swerving the audience with eugene. I always felt he would side with the Rick camp but they teased it well enough to cast some doubt.

I'm all aboard the Maggie train. I think around episode 15 a thought came to mind of the main camp splitting in two could be a storyline next season and I figured with Cohen's contract disputes her character would be coming to an end but Daryl and jesus as her scheme team seems a bit off to me. Jesus cause hes a fucking hippy and daryl and rick have had a bromance for years.

You also have to wonder about michonne making it past next season due to her success with marvel. I could see her easily getting some steam in hollywood.

The Morgan stuff I'm not 100% on yet. I'm going to assume he will get a chopper lift to Mexico but at this point the man has got to be certifiable. He's gone bat shit crazy way too many times. That said, how long will it take for rick to get the taste of blood again?

Overall, not a bad season but not a great season. I could live with the first half of the next season rebuilding characters and emotions with the horde of zombies being the main baddie. I want to get reinvested with these folk so i feel something is on the line. Let the hoarde be the time Maggie pulls her strings and turns monster heel. Her with a baby inside her should cause great morale delimma for a showdown.
    Last edited by virmicious; April 30th, 2018 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp...

Show's over.

Andy Lincoln/Rick is leaving TWD, which is also likely to lose Lauren Cohan/Maggie as well.

Both are only slated to appear in six episodes of Season 9.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...king-dead.html
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-...fter-season-9/

Those are not the only outlet reports.

They really should start thinking end game for the show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. That certainly blows.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    RIP Walking Dead.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Had to happen at some point. I bet Guirara is looking to move on after Black Panther as well.

Tricky to figure out how to do TWD but at least Fear is going strong better for the last season and a half.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... TWD has lost so much steam these last few seasons, it really feels like it's time to drop the curtains.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ratings would like to disagree with you on that.

And let's be honest, the #1 reason people watch is for Norman Reedus. Andrew Lincoln is cool, and the comic fans are probably pissed even more than the regular TWD show fan, but again, if we were talking about Norman Reedus leaving the show then you will see a big drop. I'm excited to see where they go. I don't follow the comics, Daryl isn't even in the comics (maybe he is now I don't know) so they have a lot they can still do.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to multiple sources Norman wants 20 million to take over as the new lead. Talk about being in a prime position to demand a huge raise.

Like the Russian said...

Pay that man his money.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The ratings would like to disagree with you on that.

And let's be honest, the #1 reason people watch is for Norman Reedus. Andrew Lincoln is cool, and the comic fans are probably pissed even more than the regular TWD show fan, but again, if we were talking about Norman Reedus leaving the show then you will see a big drop. I'm excited to see where they go. I don't follow the comics, Daryl isn't even in the comics (maybe he is now I don't know) so they have a lot they can still do.
    No, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't the ratings now are about half of what they were for season 5... and they're almost below season 2.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet still the highest rated show on AMC and most everything else on TV on cable on a Sunday night. Last weekend, 60 Minutes at 7PM had a little over 6 million viewers, then Instinct (also CBS) at 8PM had just over 5 million.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't the ratings now are about half of what they were for season 5... and they're almost below season 2.
    They averaged about 8 million viewers a week which is still very good but I will agree that when you compare it to season 5, 6, and 7 the drop is enough to make you question the longevity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some conspiracy theorists have said they think this could've been leaked as a ratings ploy from AMC. It wouldn't be the first time they've done the dumbest shit imaginable in hope of a ratings grab.

Glenn Dumpstergate and Lucille Cliffhanger spring to mind immediately. They didn't work long term though. Rick and Maggie fans who were really only there to watch them will probably see some just ragequit once they leave, so the trade off of trying to conjure up viewer interest by tuning in for the potential demise of two early season characters will only be offset by viewership loss on the backside anyway IMO.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDPath View Post
    Some conspiracy theorists have said they think this could've been leaked as a ratings ploy from AMC. It wouldn't be the first time they've done the dumbest shit imaginable in hope of a ratings grab.

Glenn Dumpstergate and Lucille Cliffhanger spring to mind immediately. They didn't work long term though. Rick and Maggie fans who were really only there to watch them will probably see some just ragequit once they leave, so the trade off of trying to conjure up viewer interest by tuning in for the potential demise of two early season characters will only be offset by viewership loss on the backside anyway IMO.
    Define long term because wasn't the season with Glenn and the dumpster the highest rated season of all time? Season 7 had great numbers as well but for some reason Season 8 didn't pop off. I'll be honest, I shut off my cable about 5 episodes in so I haven't seen all of 8 but from what I saw it was really really good.

And I'm sure it's hard to maintain 100% interest after so many years, crazy to think how long this show has been going and the comic is still going as well so how do you really end it? I guess we'll find out.

Here's a good article from April that has an interesting part that we all know to be true about the evolution of how people watch shows on cable i.e. streaming services, DVR.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#5d3515e63625

Simon
    I started watching the Walking Dead earlier this year against my better judgement, as I've never liked zombie shit. To my surprise, I've ended up really enjoying it because, of course, it quickly becomes clear that it's not really about the zombies.

This is the first time I've dared venture in this thread because I've wanted to avoid spoilers, but I am desperate to comment on the last two episodes (season 7, episodes 1 and 2).

The first episode of season 7 - fuck my arse, that is the most gripping, horrifying TV I've seen in God knows how long. The gruesome, graphic deaths of Abraham and, even more shockingly, Glen, tore my heart out, and the bit with Rick having to chop Carl's arm off was just horrible. Utterly incredible TV.

AND YET...

IN THE VERY NEXT EPISODE...

WE GET THIS GAMES WORKSHOP NONCE.

What the fuck is this shit? Cosplay cunt with his stupid wizard accent.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean... You wont enjoy the majority of the next season then....

Simon
    It's ok I overreacted, that whole Dungeons and Dragons bollocks is just an act. For a minute I felt like I was watching that terrible Channel 5 show The Tribe. No one will remember that show but it's a bloody good comparison if you do know it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously you get it now but Ezekiel exists as an example of what leaders have to do. Become someone they aren't, at least not entirely, in order to inspire their people. The sacrifice of the leader.

It's still fucking goofy though.

Simon
    I'm happy he's turned out to be normal but I still don't buy that whole schtick. Is it not enough that he's got control of a fucking tiger, no one in the real world would be impressed or inspired by him talking like a wanker.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an American I beg to differ. We think anyone with a British accent is super smart and that all of you have a castle.

I mean people in dire straights want someone to believe in. I don't know. I mean sure it's goofy but it's a fun idea. I guess the concept works better in the comic because it's not so in your face as it is when you have to actually hear it.

At least Carol shits all over it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I really liked how Carol would just have this "cut the bullshit" look around him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typing this with my eyes half shut so I don't accidentally ruin anything for myself but I just finished the Carl episode and peeps let me say this...I wasn't sobbing, but I probably cried 90% of the show. I just for some reason was in this state of mind like, what if that was one of my sons? Heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm so said Scott Wilson died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pretty good.

On par with the Season 4 premiere. Very balanced, saw some new things, saw some good dialogue and back and forth exchanges, etc.

Kang did a good job here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preview for mid-season looks really good. What'd you guys think of this story arc? The spider zombie from the beginning of this season was one of the scariest zombies we've ever seen IMO.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think this season has been pretty damn good so far. Still some stupid stuff but not as much. The Rick thing, eh. Jumping forward 5 years or whatever seems like a good way to reset everything.

With ratings tanking I think AMC is crazy to produce movies and things and stuff, but what else do they going for them as a network? Preacher?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I heard, AMC has a ten-year commitment to the franchise. Ratings must not be the most critical metric if they're all-in the way they are.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Andrew Lincoln signs a three movie deal for AMC. I thought it was a nice fake out, but I have heard he is not going to return to the show...ever. I find that hard to believe.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Perhaps he won't appear on the show again but the movies are all Rick Grimes/Walking Dead movies. Doesn't preclude us from getting the cast in the movies without him involved in the current show timeline. Not that anyone really wants this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to take like 6-7 years for these 3 movies to play out. i would assume the original walking dead series will end around the same time as the 3rd movie. heck the 3rd movie might be the finale. i am sure there will probably be other spin offs going on during this time like a walking dead in another country entirely. would love to see something in Japan or Australia or even the middle east.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Andrew Lincoln signs a three movie deal for AMC. I thought it was a nice fake out, but I have heard he is not going to return to the show...ever. I find that hard to believe.
    i think Steve Carrel said the same thing about the Michael Scott character in the Office. I am sure in 5 years if the show is finishing up then he would appear for the last couple episodes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showing up for a couple of episodes as opposed to being a regular or semi regular is definitely a huge difference for someone like him. I'm guessing he'd rather spend more than three months out of the year not being in Atlanta and actually be with his family. It's advantageous for him if he can carve out that time window reduction. I think the way things are now in the television landscape, that's something both the production company and actor would be interested in.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way I see it is, Lincoln can stay or go as he pleases. He's been grinding for 8+ years on this show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm intrigued by the other hints Gimple mentioned on Talking Dead. Off-shoot series, movies, mini-series and the like, some of which bringing back 'dead' characters, taking place in various time frames. Might be a chance for them to go forth with showing when Al (FTWD) met Abraham and Eugene, for starters.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That episode was a roller-coaster of emotions, seeing Hershel again broke my heart.

Simon
    Finally caught up on this after an absolute cunt of a slog watching from the start earlier this year.

I'm convinced this show might be the worst ever made, in that it's constantly terrible but always gives you JUST enough to not give up completely. At least with a properly bollocks show you can watch an episode, go "ok this is terrible" and then forget about it. TWD just keeps you hanging on permanently.

Having said that, I quite liked the most recent one. The flash-forward looks interesting, although Judith Grimes must be doing weights all day every day to not have her arm bones shattered by shooting a gun like that. Then again she is a Yank I suppose.

Did a bit of reading and found out about the Whisperers, which is a little disappointing as the idea that the walkers had learned to talk was so stupid as to actually make me interested to see how they did it. But apparently the Whisperers are good fun in the comic books.

I know it's not really the point of the show, but are they ever going to revisit what the fuck caused the virus that destroyed the world, and the possibility of eradicating it? I'm not sure how else the show can really end, and my worry is that they just keep kicking the dead horse until it eventually gets cancelled without even getting a decent pay-off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they hold off on talking about that until maybe the comics opens up that story, if they ever do.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 3 things....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 300+ million people in the US, there's a good supply of dead people walking around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I felt 905 would've been a perfect way to end the show, only with a longer run time and some modifications. I enjoyed 906 quite a bit.

I have a feeling the writers/the network may have done Maggie in dirty though. We'll see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? She's leaving to do another series. They planted enough clues that she may have gone off and joined Georgie's group in the 6 year gap, which is open ended enough so that if the other series doesn't work out, they can still bring her back.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    With 300+ million people in the US, there's a good supply of dead people walking around.
    After what, 12 odd years? There is a finite amount of dead people and that would assume they have all walked down to Georgia.

Go out in cages and just stab them all in the head with a stick! It doesn't have to be hard or even dangerous. Its not like they can reproduce.

Yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? She's leaving to do another series. They planted enough clues that she may have gone off and joined Georgie's group in the 6 year gap, which is open ended enough so that if the other series doesn't work out, they can still bring her back.

Simon
    So based on the latest episode, they've essentially reset the series but with no new impetus. Michonne is Rick, Judith is Carl. Also everyone is now in love with each other. Absolute dog shit rubbish. At least the last scene was interesting.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So based on the latest episode, they've essentially reset the series but with no new impetus. Michonne is Rick, Judith is Carl. Also everyone is now in love with each other. Absolute dog shit rubbish. At least the last scene was interesting.
    They all have new haircuts or beards too, lets not forget that.

And the lazy bastards still have not managed to eradicate the walkers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caught last night's episode and I found myself liking it. I haven't even glanced at this since Rick's final episode, and even then I was pretty much done w/ WD... but this was decent. I like what they're doing w/ the Whisperers. Things are more organized and clear now.

Plus Daryl has a dog now.

Gabriel's still a pretty boring character though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are too many characters at this point. Rosita, Gabriel, a couple others should get the ax. We don't need another newborn on this show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving this current season. The new show runner is really making this thing work again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shit... almost 4 years after the last post here and it's over now.

Thought the last 3-4 episodes were good - not great but better than the trudge of some of them.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh...this still going? Stopped watching at the flash forward, that is when it jumped the shark.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta admire this show for lasting 12 years.

When this premiered this was going to be a world breaker, but man... this thing dipped and dipped and dipped to the point where it was like spinning your wheels in the mud. I'd look in on an episode here and there, but it was always so annoying with the time jumping around that it does. Might catch the final episode just to say goodbye.

Had no idea there were other spinoffs beside Fear TWD.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Walking Dead hit the wall with the Negan War that either went too long or short. Honestly, I will never forgive them for killing Carl when he was starting to be interesting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt the series finale was lacking but I understand why: They were setting up the new spinoffs. I had heard about Daryl (sucks Carol won't be part of it now but I get it), the Negan/Maggie show, but I didn't know about Rick/Michonne. That's fucking awesome. Whatever happened to those movies they were doing about Rick? Did they ever film them or did Covid kill all of that?

I will say this...One of my favorite shows of all time. The good outweighs the bad by a mile. It's also cool seeing the contrast between what happened in the comics versus the show. So yeah, overall The Walking Dead, 9/10. Can't wait for these new spinoffs. The Walking Dead Universe is incredible.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good sendoff for this series, goddamn, 12 years. Bring on the spinoffs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ones Who Live debuted last night and holy shit....Incredible. I've been a fan of the last 2 spinoffs with Daryl and Negan/Maggie. This one is hitting different because we haven't seen Rick in so fucking long I almost started tearing up. Highly recommend especially if you're one of the fans that kind of tuned out when Rick left the show. Michonne is top tier for me when it comes to heroines. I have no doubt this will be the best of the spinoffs so far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best part of TOWL for me was tying in various parts of the Walking Dead Universe, especially the destruction of Omaha from World Beyond, the glimpse of the destruction of LA from the first season of Fear, along with the acknowledgement of defectors from the CRM like Isabelle (Athena's girlfriend , also from the later seasons of Fear). For the first time in a while, it feels like all the various series are now closer than ever to being 'going on at the same time', timeline-wise.
    Rick has always been written to be most prone to having visions of different kinds (the phone at the prison, his visions before he blew up the bridge, etc.) , so I'm glad they incorporated that into the new show. Looking forward to backing up the story a bit to see how Michonne got from her last ep of TWD up to her appearance at the end of TOWL's first ep. Also interested in seeing Jadis' journey, reconcilling TWD, TWD:WB and whatever they have for her in this show.
    The only thing that I found annoying was the female CRM soldier and her goddamn accent. Don't make me turn on the CC just so I can pick up on whatever exposition she had to spew.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best part of TOWL for me was tying in various parts of the Walking Dead Universe, especially the destruction of Omaha from World Beyond, the glimpse of the destruction of LA from the first season of Fear, along with the acknowledgement of defectors from the CRM like Isabelle (Athena's girlfriend , also from the later seasons of Fear). For the first time in a while, it feels like all the various series are now closer than ever to being 'going on at the same time', timeline-wise.
    Rick has always been written to be most prone to having visions of different kinds (the phone at the prison, his visions before he blew up the bridge, etc.) , so I'm glad they incorporated that into the new show. Looking forward to backing up the story a bit to see how Michonne got from her last ep of TWD up to her appearance at the end of TOWL's first ep. Also interested in seeing Jadis' journey, reconcilling TWD, TWD:WB and whatever they have for her in this show.
    The only thing that I found annoying was the female CRM soldier and her goddamn accent. Don't make me turn on the CC just so I can pick up on whatever exposition she had to spew.
    I saw an article talking about different characters from the other spinoffs appeared but I only watched season 1 of Fear and I did watch World Beyond but I binged it a couple years ago so I don't remember much.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I saw the news. Not sure when i stopped watching but it was a season or two before Rick "died"

I think it has the whispers in the end credits or something as a tease for next year. Whatever season that was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDK what the future holds but damn these episodes have breezed by. Incredible mini-series.

I'll have to do a deep dive if need be but I am curious what those 3 Rick movies were going to be about.