User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead -TV thread - NO comic-related discussions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Walking Dead -TV thread - NO comic-related discussions

I was just looking at Entertainment Weekly and they mention this new series on AMC "The Walking Dead" based on a comic book series about zombies and a group of people trying to survive. I know it starts in October and the director is the guy that did "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption". I also think I read that one of the cast members is Dr. Tencredi from Prison Break who I loved. So based on that little info I'm super excited and this show is what I'm most looking forward to in the fall.

I can't find any trailers though. Anyone else hear about this show? Looking forward to it?
    Last edited by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND; March 26th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen/heard about it, but if its on AMC I'm more than willing to give it a shot. I still need to watch the Rubicon pilot too.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it based on the comic entirely? I've read "most" of them, up to like... #65... just looked and its up to #74 now.. I may just catch up now! I drop in and out cos of Uni connections etc.

It's a pretty good read, dark in places, keeps it interesting in what basically is a man/a few people travelling around killing zombies/trying to survive humans and zombies alike.

I think it's about time a proper "drama" around zombies, we have a billion and one films about it now. I still think "World War Z" (book my Max Brooks I think, I lost my copy!) should be a TV series.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was going to make a thread about this but I was waiting for a trailer. Sounds interesting though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very excited for this. Darabont is one of my absolute FAVORITE directors, and the comic itself is intensely fantastic. All the pictures I've seen, these fucking zombies look AWESOME. Folks who are getting early viewings are calling this the "bloodiest television show ever" which is also awesome. God bless cable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    There will be a lot of new TV series debuting this fall, but the one that easily looks to be the most exciting has to be the only one with zombies in it - The Walking Dead. Based on the acclaimed comic book by Robert Kirkman, the AMC series has some formidable talent involved, including executive producer/writer/director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) and executive producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, The Incredible Hulk).

I recently had the opportunity to visit the Atlanta set of The Walking Dead, as Darabont directed the first episode of the series. While we'll have plenty more material from that visit as the show approaches, we wanted to give you a hint at what's to come.

Darabont had been attempting to make a Walking Dead TV show for years, and told me he could recall going into a comic book store and first seeing Kirkman's comic. "I took it home and was really drawn into it and immediately thought, 'This is the way to do this subject as a television series,' because it was taking some fantastic chances and it was also so character driven and character rooted. That's what everybody got excited about."

British actor Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually) plays the main character, police officer Rick Grimes – who takes on a leadership role, as he and a small group of survivors attempt to find safety, amongst a zombie-filled America

Discussing his character, Lincoln told me, "What I've experienced from doing the scenes with him is that Rick is a very centered, serious, practical man. He's also a simple man. He's got a very good moral center; He's like a moral compass. And what happens is this eroding of his moral center. He wakes up to find the world has irrevocably changed. His motivational forces are obviously to find his family and discover what has happened to them. And what I've realized in playing him is that he is willing to go to any lengths. He's pushed into a corner and he's fighting his way out. "

Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is ready to kill some zombies in
    The Walking Dead
    Lincoln added, "I was chatting with Frank about this - that it's almost like when he starts killing the zombies, the walkers, it's almost like he's saying, 'Whatever's in front of me is not what I remember.' It's kind of like he's eradicating this [horror]. It's more of him trying to reclaim humanity through these kind of executions. And that's my justification of it: it's this man is willing to go to any lengths."

The first released production image of a zombie from the series -- which you can see below -- had a lot of the comics' fans impressed, as it makes it clear that the imagery on The Walking Dead will be very intense, to say the least. I was lucky enough to be on set when they were shooting the sequence with this zombie (and saw that specific photo taken!) and I can tell you, it was incredible to see this woman walking around an Atlanta park in the middle of the day looking so realistically undead. Making it all the more amusing and eerie were the sounds of children playing in a nearby local pool.

When it came to the horror content, Hurd said they'd gotten a ton of support from AMC – the home of Mad Men and Breaking Bad -- noting, "We're doing a zombie series; you cannot shy away from the fact that the zombies are undead. They're decomposing, and they want to kill and eat you. We've been given the all clear to go for it. Go big or go home."

The Zombie makeup on the series comes courtesy of Greg Nicotero, who has a ton of experience creating the undead on several projects, including many of George Romero's zombie films. "Because Frank and I have been talking about the show for a long time and we had great inspiration because the graphic novel has so many great visuals in it, we kind of knew what we wanted to do with it," Nicotero explained. "The zombies in the graphic novel have a very specific look. They all have dead eyes, a lot of them have exposed teeth, and there's a lot of damage. They are all really goth and all have stringy hair. So there's a specific Walking Dead look, and they're not just standard zombies."

This one's scary enough not walking - and trust us, most of the others are up on two feet

Said Lincoln of Nicotero's work, "Every day I go to work and it's artistry, what's being done. It's extraordinary, all of that area. It's funny, because we had two days with Jon Bernthal (who plays Rick's fellow cop, Shane) -- and this was pre-apocalypse-- and it was amazing because it felt like we were doing a cop show. And then suddenly I had that first day where I met my first zombie and I went, 'Oh... this is the show we're in!' And it was so exciting because of the quality and the detail and the care that had been lavished on that, on just the makeup and the details and the art."

Robert Kirkman is an executive producer on the series and is writing the fourth episode. Darabont said that when it came to turning the comic book into a TV series, "It is, very much so, a different rhythm. I like to say that the long-range goal is to follow Kirkman's path that he laid out, which is a tremendous template. That's the path of what we're doing, but we're going to take as many detours along the way as we can. And that means veering off the path at times, and it also means looping back around toward the main path. It gives us tremendous opportunity to really take the character through different arcs within the context of that established path. It gives us a great opportunity to really dig into it on a character level -- and also to do some cinematic stuff. Our pilot show ends right as Rick gets into Atlanta and that's actually not that many pages into the comic. That's an hour of what we're doing. We're giving it a lot of room to breathe is probably the most accurate way to say it. And Kirkland's all aboard with that idea."

"In fact, Robert's been very very encouraging and very sweet about it too," Darabont remarked. "He said from day one, 'Use what I've done as a jumping off point -- stick as closely or as loosely as you wish.' And that's a tremendous blessing -- from the creator of the material to give us that license to not be upset… in fact the more stuff I come up with or the writers come up with that expands upon what he's done, the happier he seems to be."

I asked Gale Anne Hurd what she thought the continuing popularity of zombies could be attributed to and she replied, "What's not to love about zombies? I think there is a fascination with the idea of if after you die you come back, but you're still decomposing at the same time. You're no longer bound by the rules of decorum and essentially all you want to do is eat people. It's a way of dealing with cannibalism and a lot of the taboos in an entertaining way."

She then paused and added, "And certainly with The Walking Dead, it's not really the zombies you have to fear, it's the humans."
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1106418p1.html

I'm pretty pumped for this. Love me some zombies, love me some Darabont, love me some AMC series, and definitely love me some Dr. Tancredi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously I'm in.

It has too be said though, it's been a long time coming that a zombie-filled on ongoing TV series was made. Surprised this hasn't happened yet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Dead Set count at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasn't really on-going. More of a mini series.

Wait...is this a mini series too?

I heard Zombieland was originally pitched as a TV series, but nobody wanted it so they turned it into a movie. Hence the "Zombie kill of the week" stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first season is six one hour episodes.

Some images

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so watching this when it comes out. They were filming this, at least in part, in Georgia. They had a call-out for zombie extras a month or so ago, but there was no way I could go to it. I'm so psyched for this series though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they release a trailer soon, I need something to hold me over until October that I can watch a million times.

Dr. Tancredi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SDCC trailer for this just leaked online. No idea how long it'll stay up but it looks pretty good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHN6goQTP9k&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Walking Dead Trailer - Comic Con 2010[/ame]

I've been looking forward to seeing this show anyway, but I'm definitely feeling a bit more confident about it as more stuff gets released.
    Last edited by Alcohol; July 24th, 2010 at 7:01 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks amazing.. so "true to the comic" in places... and it has the black guy from Jericho in it! Wooo!

I wonder how much of the dark/gritty stories in the comic will make it to TV but the general theme of the show seems good... Roll on October.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcohol View Post
    SDCC trailer for this just leaked online. No idea how long it'll stay up but it looks pretty good.

YouTube- Walking Dead Trailer - Comic Con 2010
    I heard this was edited a lot for Gore.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.tv.com/comic-con-2010-the-walking-dead/story/23503.html?tag=news_list;title View Post
    The trailer for The Walking Dead looks fantastic—dark, suspenseful, all kinds of creepy. Unfortunately, it was cut down for Comic-Con. “There’s a big George Romero splay of blood,” Darabont said. “We couldn’t show it to you here because Comic-Con said no.”
    Oh and did the comics also rip off the Hospital beginning from 28 Days Later? I haven't read them.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer was put online the other day. It's a better quality version of that other post. This looks all sorts of cool. It's high time a legit zombie tv show get put on the air.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U&feature=fvst"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U&feature=fvst[/ame]

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I think it looks awesome... realistically how long can a series like that run? I feel like it'd only be good for 10-12 episodes before they ran out of material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since the comic has been running for 76 issues there is plenty of story to draw from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I didn't know it was a comic.

Good stuff, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'graphic novel'...

I must say that if I had only seen the trailer out of context, and hadn't heard that the comic is really great, I'd probably not watch this. That trailer is unbelievably generic-looking.

Alf
    They've given a lot of plot away in that trailer. Annoying.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "man searching for his wife/son" is only a small part of the graphic novel to be fair. A lot more happens after that than before it, I thought, anyway.

Mind you, this is American TV.. they might have buffed out the whole family thing to make it more generically "wholesome" - hopefully not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfft "graphic novel". It comes out monthly, it's a comic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaJello View Post
    While I think it looks awesome... realistically how long can a series like that run? I feel like it'd only be good for 10-12 episodes before they ran out of material.
    I dunno, I feel like they can go all kinds of different ways. They can focus on Zombieworld and how the survivors are suviving, why they've survived, etc. They can also delve into the lives of the main characters before zombies took over and explore where their world goes now. I've never read the comic, though, so I'm not sure what to expect beyond what we usually see in zombie-fare.

Watching that trailer, it makes me wish the planned World War Z movie was an episodic HBO/Showtime series rather than a movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfft "graphic novel". It comes out monthly, it's a comic.
    That was my point. In fact, it can come out weekly, yearly, daily or just once, it'd still be a freaking comic book.

I am sure this will be at least good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    The "man searching for his wife/son" is only a small part of the graphic novel to be fair. A lot more happens after that than before it, I thought, anyway.

Mind you, this is American TV.. they might have buffed out the whole family thing to make it more generically "wholesome" - hopefully not.
    Shooting a zombie child in the face doesn't seem very wholesome.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I am definitely going to watch but my only beef to this is the whole waking up in the hospital alone bit. It's already been done

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Yeah, that's it, we make television shows about zombies wholesome.

I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do with myself.

I can never and will never get tired of zombies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys prefer the shuffling feet zombies or the fast movings ones you'd see in Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later?

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shuffling feet.. I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead but that was the only thing that bothered me. As for 28 Days Later they justified it by them having the rage rather then being zombies

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've liked the fast zombies since they became the norm, but I've been missing the shuffling ones, so it'll be cool to have them back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Walking corpses would take it slow.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shuffling zombies for me. The suspense is better.

I'm quite looking forward to this, my wife mentioned it the other day and seems interested as well. That's pretty cool since zombies, and horror in general, are not really her thing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Yeah, that's it, we make television shows about zombies wholesome.

I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do with myself.

I can never and will never get tired of zombies.
    You know what I mean. Even Zombieland had a love story in it. Two, in fact. I can imagine them dragging it out, mentioning "America" every 2 lines and being all noble about restoring their great country.

As for the speed of zombies, I'd go with shuffling - builds suspense more, I think. Like in Dawn of the Dead, they were slow as hell but if they got in numbers or you make a mistake - kaput!

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know what I mean. Even Zombieland had a love story in it. Two, in fact. I can imagine them dragging it out, mentioning "America" every 2 lines and being all noble about restoring their great country.

As for the speed of zombies, I'd go with shuffling - builds suspense more, I think. Like in Dawn of the Dead, they were slow as hell but if they got in numbers or you make a mistake - kaput!
    Those loves stories HUMANIZE the characters and shows how HUMAN they are as opposed to the ZOMBIES, who are no longer HUMAN, you know like in that American ZOMBIE movie SHAUN OF THE DEAD, you heartless bastard.

The fast zombies scare me more, because at any moment one or a hundred of them can have at you, but they've definitely gotten played out. Time for the classic ones to return.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt the fast ones shit you up easier, maybe there could be a mix one day Teamwork!

According to: http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28804

This already has a second series planned/signed up for... despite not even having the first air yet. That must be a good thing, right?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You'd think so. Maybe they asked the guys who signed up for a Hangover sequel before it was released if this had the same mojo.

OMG DRUNKEN ZOMBIE BACHELOR PARTY

THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded a pre-air copy of the first episode, and this show is totally fucking legit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it downloaded ... but I'm holding off to see if I can wait for it for Halloween night. I'm stoked, man. Darabont is one of my favorite directors, and this series ... jeez, I love it. I've been buying them since the beginning, man. EXCITING!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Series starts 5th November @ 10 on FX in UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premieres tonight and I can't wait to see it. Anyone else planning on watching?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I is watching tonight.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gonna DVR it and probably watch later in the week.

STOKED, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot wait. I've been waiting for awhile, and I just got the newest comic in as well, so I'll read it just beforehand! ZOMBIES! Wooo!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow to download it.

Damn UK TV

U.S. Out of Everywhere Ozymandias's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be watching tonight.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My PVR is already set to tape every week but I fully intend on watching it live. I'm pumped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not finished yet, but let's kick the discussion off by stating that this is pretty fucking graphic for a show that somehow earned a TV-14 rating.

Intercontinental Champion terencestamp7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the episode at my brothers' house. I don't have cable so I'll most likely be going there on Sunday nights now. I love a good zombie anything.

One thing I didn't get which might be explained later is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virmicious
    I am definitely going to watch but my only beef to this is the whole waking up in the hospital alone bit. It's already been done
    And it'll no doubt be done again. It's a pretty good little plot device in that it eliminates the need for the entire zombie revolution to be told from its very beginning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockOverBoston View Post

And it'll no doubt be done again. It's a pretty good little plot device in that it eliminates the need for the entire zombie revolution to be told from its very beginning.
    It's my understanding that the hospital scene was originally in the comics the show is based on, and they came out before 28 Days Later I think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, I really enjoyed this. For a first episode it kept my interest for most of the episode. I feel it did drag once
    , but most of their interactions at the house were expository, so it's excusable.

Like ROB said, this show is really fucking graphic for a basic cable show. I'm pretty amazed that they were allowed to show
    at all.

Despite some of the predictable contrivances, such as
    , I quite enjoyed the show and am really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved it. Nothing else to say.

"C'mon, baby." Such a powerful scene.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved it. Darabont is without a doubt one of my favorite directors, and he did wonderfully this entire episode. I am in love (except for one short and terrible shot just as the horse was being killed, it really looked slipshod and awful, especially after just how incredibly well shot the rest of the show is) and I am grateful it is both very true to the comics as well as having new ideas and new additions to the story.

This is the first thing I've seen that makes me hard for blu-ray. I cannot wait to own it.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the first episode a good deal. The worst part for me is that I have to wait for next week to see more…

I wondered about

I enjoyed the scenes with the pimp from Hung. He seems like a strong actor (I have not seen Jericho). There was some powerful stuff there.

I look forward to next week and may rewatch the premiere tonight with my wife (she fell asleep before it came on).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't watch this episode enough times before next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to your wondering ...

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewun View Post
    As to your wondering ...
    That's fair but you see what I mean, the point regarding his wife is not any more of a stretch than that issue. Both can be explained but neither has been totally addressed yet, which is to be expected.
    Last edited by Matty C; November 1st, 2010 at 2:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I thought it was decent enough. Bit slow at times, but I understand they have to lay the ground work for it.

That poor fucking horse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewun View Post
    Loved it. Darabont is without a doubt one of my favorite directors, and he did wonderfully this entire episode. I am in love (except for one short and terrible shot just as the horse was being killed, it really looked slipshod and awful, especially after just how incredibly well shot the rest of the show is) and I am grateful it is both very true to the comics as well as having new ideas and new additions to the story.

This is the first thing I've seen that makes me hard for blu-ray. I cannot wait to own it.
    Me either, I can't wait for the next episode and I wanna own the complete series already.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starts Friday on FX 10pm for UK viewers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was excellent, and I'm glad I didn't read the comic as it's all new and fresh to me. Which means that

I did feel the hour though. I enjoyed every minute of it, sure. But I'm happy the season isn't 22 episodes worth.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This got huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge ratings.

5.3 million, which is the best rated show that AMC has ever had by a mile and the best debut episode to any show on any channel this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the comic fans, I just read this interview. Fucking epic.

Kirkman interview

The important part is the last paragraph.

Edit: AWESOME ratings. Sweet.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny to find this thread. I've literally just seen the advert for this programme and noticed that it was Andrew Lincoln in it, who I consider to be a massively underrated actor. Then looked online to read a little about it, then came back here to find it the top thread in this forum.

I'm not usually a fan of the zombie genre as such, but I am a huge fan of Andrew Lincoln. How is he in it so far? I might set the Sky+ to record this bad boy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He spends a majority of he episode being quiet and looking determined/confused.

He does it well, and I can't fault him so far, he's an enjoyable and stable lead. But he hasn't been given a magnificent amount to work with in the pilot other than coming to terms with everything in a quiet manner.

He also manages to convey complete disgust pretty well too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Funny to find this thread. I've literally just seen the advert for this programme and noticed that it was Andrew Lincoln in it, who I consider to be a massively underrated actor. Then looked online to read a little about it, then came back here to find it the top thread in this forum.

I'm not usually a fan of the zombie genre as such, but I am a huge fan of Andrew Lincoln. How is he in it so far? I might set the Sky+ to record this bad boy.
    Oh he does a tremendous job in it. He was easily the highlight of the show the way he portrayed his character. His scene with the legless zombie was probably one of my favorite scenes in any zombie movie. If you are going to watch it I won't ruin it for you but....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding virm's spoiler (no spoilers to follow):

That's one of the things that I really enjoyed about watching this. There was no tongue in cheek-ness to any of it. The deputy sheriff's reactions to the awful things he was experiencing were realistic and I felt they did a wonderful job of keeping things grounded by staying away from over the top emotions and methods of coping that the survivors have.

Last edited by Jimmy Zero; November 2nd, 2010 at 8:00 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might set the Sky+ to record this bad boy.
    You might?

Get it set as soon as.

Alf
    It's a good show thus far. Mik, get involved lad.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is not a fan of the zombie genre and watched with me. She wasn't as enthralled as I was but that was to be expected given that I love this sort of stuff. She enjoyed it and intends to keep watching, which was not nearly a given seeing as I had to convince her to give it a shot at all. She's even looked around online for more information about it, so the first episode must have grabbed her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My better half wasn't interested, was about to leave the room when I turned it on...and ended up watching the entire thing.

Winner

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    It's a good show thus far. Mik, get involved lad.
    I have Sky+ed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    This got huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge ratings.

5.3 million, which is the best rated show that AMC has ever had by a mile and the best debut episode to any show on any channel this year.
    I don't know that the last part is true. Pretty sure I'd read that Angie Harmon cop drama on TNT pulled in something like 7 and a half million. Obviously I was not one of them, as I don't even remember what it's called.

Regardless, 5.3 million is a really big audience for them, and the premiere should have been enough to hook most of those viewers. I just wish that there were more than 5 more episodes in the pipeline for right now, as AMC could use it as an anchor for Sunday night programming that could also feature reruns of their other two incredible series (and Rubicon, too, I guess), which are regularly gaining viewers, but still not enough people are watching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's honestly amazing how many hit shows AMC has built over the last couple of years. As far as I was concerned less than a decade ago that network was useless.

Anyways, saw the first episode of Walking Dead last night. Pretty good. Had some well written emotional moments I didn't expect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple years ago, that network WAS fairly useless.

They filled their programming with old timey movies with the Hepburns, Bogarts those types. They also showed a lot of Three Stooges during the day. It wasn't until relatively recently that they even had original scripted television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their definition of "American Movie Classics" is suspect on its best day as well.

One night not terribly long ago, they played "Gigli" and "Catwoman" back to back as the lead-ins to "Mad Men".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new episode was fantastic. I'm really really loving this show and getting increasingly bummed that this is only a 6 episode season.

Is this a mini series, or will it get a full season since the initial numbers seem to be pretty damn good for this show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A full, 13 episode second season was ordered before the premiere had even aired.

And yeah, that episode was fantastic. Sunday night has truly become the undisputed king of television

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if it needs saying, but Michael Rooker is the man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's Glenn?

Woooohoooo!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed the show. I was hoping each episode was going to be an hour and a half, so it was a bit disappointing for it to just be an hour, but it was still a nice one-hour show. I'm not sold on all the actors, but I really like Glenn and T-Dog. They both did a great job. And who doesn't love to have Michael Rooker.

I'm glad they used another iconic piece with the smelly clothes and the rain. Really enjoyed all the new stuff as well. They had me fooled for a second, thinking that they'd go into the sewers, which is nice, considering I've been reading since issue 1.

Nice episode. I really look forward to the brother dynamic they are adding. Not sure how I feel about Shane and Lori's relationship, I'll have to see there. And damnit Shane, it is not enough that you carry the hat around, wear the fucking thing.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If only Francis wasn't racist he wouldn't have got left behind. I bet he hated that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    If only Francis wasn't racist he wouldn't have got left behind. I bet he hated that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Andrew Lincoln getting on? Still good?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best actor in the show. He's wonderful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ahah. We were saying the same.

Now I know why he hates Louis so much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking A. I'm really happy for this show, us the fans, and the guys involved. Check it:

Season 2 officially announced.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Andrew Lincoln getting on? Still good?
    He's been great. I'd agree with D1 that his has been the strongest performance so far. Of course, if Michael Rooker gets more screen time, that could change.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Fantastic episode last night. It's not often a tv show or movie comes along that really grabs me and puts me on the edge of my seat with tension, but Walking Dead pulled it off tremendously for me last night when they staged the escape.

Highlight of the night was obviously Rooker as I had no idea he was even involved with this.

To answer Mik's question Andrew Lincoln is really carrying this show with ease. It's impossible to not like his character. I really like his accent as well. Everything he says comes across so peaceful and elegant. I wish he could read me some bedtime stories.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the first episode, the 2nd episode didn't do it for me. I hate this new group of characters and thought some of the scenes were cheesey like the smelling of the dead.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was really excited about this when I first heard about it, hadn't got a chance to see it until today. Got caught up and I'm hooked, absolutely loved the first two eps and can't wait for a third.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty amped for this tonight

our favorite new show

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Good biz Jammy. Didn't strike you or the wifey as the zombie type. Please keep us updated with you thoughts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So if you cut off your hand you won't leak any blood on the ground? Good to know.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could have tied something around his arm like a tourniquet (such as his vest) in an effort to minimise the bleeding... I agree it's a bit unlikely, though. I wanna know how he got off the roof single handedly .... ....

Surprised how few geeks were in the building (especially on the stairs to the roof) considering there was food up there the night before.

I wasnt gripped by Ep 2 but this one was good, so ... woo. Sucks when you "know" what might happen cos of the comics but it's cool to see the transition, if you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently a hacksaw that can cut through human bone doesn't make a dent in handcuffs :/

The episode was good, mind, I was surprisingly affected when your man was reunited with the boy but I can't be doing with the notion that he'd have cut the hand off. Ah well that's drama for you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if his hand was covered in blood, it would lead some audiences to think that he was eaten.

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night's episode was great! While there was very minimal zombie action, I think the character development and progression was well done in this episode.

I actually almost teared up when Rick was reunited with his family, which is quite insane considering we are only three episodes in, and many shows fail to establish any connection and emotion between the audience and the characters.

Very intrigued to see what happened to Merle considering he is now missing a hand, and since the doors on the roof were still locked, where the hell did he go?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved this latest episode. The opening scene with Dixon was just incredibly well done, and making us wait until the very very end to see what happened was just brilliant, I thought.

Also, did anyone else get a bit of a 28 Days Later vibe while Shane was beating the crap out of the guy with that music playing? The music is fairly similar to the 28 Theme in style, and it immediately made me think of Jim smashing that shithead's skull in.

Can't wait for next week's episode.