User Tag List

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead -TV thread - NO comic-related discussions

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same way about the comic Guy. I actually got a volume of the graphic novel for Christmas last year and am afriad to touch it. Obviously I could read season 1 and be fine but I know what I'm like and I may just keep going and that could dent my enjoyment of the show. It's probably my favourite show on TV right now, so I kind of just want to "go with it".

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel exactly the same.

I know that the instant I read the comic, I will lose interest in the TV show. I'm going to hold off on the comic for at least until the end of season 2.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read most of the Naruto Manga and it hasn't killed interest for me. Sure it's spoiled some awesome moments but between filler and outright different paths it hasn't caused me to lose interest. And last season we got six episodes. Two of which (the Vagos and the CDC were filler) I haven't read the comic at all to know but how much of this season is either heavily padded or out right filler that reading the comic wouldn't have spoiled simply cus it didn't happen?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    As Kevin Smith said, this episode was clearly written by a woman. If anything, it shows Rick is a pussy and Shane is the man. Lack of Darryl being a bad ass was missing from the episode. The massive close-ups of Lori was annoying.

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV Spoiler...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV Spoiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a well built episode.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice way to end the (half) season. Just leaving me wanting more. BASTARDS!

Tv spoiler

comic spoiler

I wish more shows would take 24's method and give us 24 episodes in a season. 13 just doesn't feel like enough.
    Last edited by The Rick; November 28th, 2011 at 1:45 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I already knew that
    fuck you internet.

Still excited for the second half of the season though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding episode.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season more than last year's.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIBCIi2Kgz8"]The Walking Dead Season 2 - "New Episodes in February" Promo - YouTube[/ame]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    TV Spoiler

TV stuff:

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you want to learn more or just see behind the scenes stuff, watch Talking Dead. (Watch tonight's first episode first if that wasn't obvious.)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDR2VP2Y

Alf
    Lovely twist. Great episode.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing....

Rick's probably my last favorite character on the show. The guy passes a bunny rabbit in the forest, finds a bunch of walkers, and says to everybody "We have to go back. That bunny rabbit showed us the way out of the forest. It saved my life! I can't just leave it there to die! If it wasn't for that bunny rabbit, I wouldn't have made it back to my family! We HAVE to go back!"

Rick f.f.s. Grimes.

2nd favorite, definitely Lori. You can take a screenshot of every scene she's in and she has the SAME facial expression in every one of them.

Everybody else is solid.
    Last edited by Delta Devil; November 28th, 2011 at 1:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same about Andrea's expressions. Every shot of her she looks like she's about to start bawling

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone help me out. For some reason I've never checked out this show prior to a few weeks ago. I don't know why because I totally I like these types of movies and such. Maybe it's the time(although I have a dvr), maybe it's bad promotion, I could just never get motivated to watch it.

So, I checked out an episode on netflix about a week or so ago. It was the episode where there was a zombie in a well and a few people were trying to pull him out with a rope. Anyways, I didn't like it and only watched up until the part where the zed broke in half.

Maybe this was an off episode, or maybe I was simply seeing everything out of context. Regardless, it definitely didn't do anything to help my interest in the show. I'm still not going to dismiss it since a lot of my friends rave about it and I have always trusted their judgement. Could someone tell me though, why is this a good show and why should someone start watching it?

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV Spoiler:

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stylepoints View Post
    Could someone help me out. For some reason I've never checked out this show prior to a few weeks ago. I don't know why because I totally I like these types of movies and such. Maybe it's the time(although I have a dvr), maybe it's bad promotion, I could just never get motivated to watch it.

So, I checked out an episode on netflix about a week or so ago. It was the episode where there was a zombie in a well and a few people were trying to pull him out with a rope. Anyways, I didn't like it and only watched up until the part where the zed broke in half.

Maybe this was an off episode, or maybe I was simply seeing everything out of context. Regardless, it definitely didn't do anything to help my interest in the show. I'm still not going to dismiss it since a lot of my friends rave about it and I have always trusted their judgement. Could someone tell me though, why is this a good show and why should someone start watching it?
    In my opinion the show is so good because of the characters. Yes it is a zombie show, but really it is a character driven show. It is almost as if the zombies are kind of background. Which is both good and bad.

A lot of the episodes really focus on the interaction and development of the characters. So you could easily have an episode with just one zombie appearance, as most of the episode is focused on relationships and getting to know the characters.

I think they have done an amazing job with that as I actually care about the people in the show. I fear for them to the point where the entire episode is suspenseful even if there is only one or two zombies in the entire episode.

That is just my take. Plus it is filled with some pretty gory scenes which helps!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by stylepoints View Post
    That episode is from this season, Season 2, and Netflix only has Season 1. You should start from the very beginning. You shouldn't expect to like any show when you start that far into it.

President of sex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Berto Del Negro View Post
    That episode is from this season, Season 2, and Netflix only has Season 1. You should start from the very beginning. You shouldn't expect to like any show when you start that far into it.
    You're right, I watched the latest episode at the time from Hulu Plus. My mistake. I guess I'll take the time to check out the very first episode on Netflix.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to the crazy ponies. You don't need to start at the beginning. You should get around to it when you have the time but you don't need to start there anymore than you need to start at the beginning of any show. Sure there are plenty of shows that you shouldn't pick up mid season but mid show you'll be fine.

It's a zombie apocalypse. The main charachter's best friend is fucking his wife's brains out and trying to be a father to his son. Shit sucks and there is no help coming. That's really all you need to know. Dive in, have fun.

TV spoiler

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by doct1400 View Post
    Don't listen to the crazy ponies. You don't need to start at the beginning.
    stylepoints, disregard this retard.

It's important to know the backstory so you know the character and actually care whether they live or die.

Plus, there have been a lot of callbacks to episodes from the first season that you won't understand if you haven't watched it.

It is important to start at the beginning.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Definitely important to start at the beginning. Lots and lots of backstory and character development that leads you to caring about the characters where you otherwise wouldn't.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Besides, there's only been 13 episodes. "Starting at the beginning" at this point isn't exactly like starting LOST or the Shield or the Sopranos after their 4th or 5th seasons.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying it's not best to start at the beginning. I'm saying you don't have to.

It's not like the show is a series of daring twists where if you've missed one thing you won't know why its ending in a church.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The first season is six hours long, thats an afternoon if that. I have no words for last night's episode.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TV

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Don't listen to the crazy ponies. You don't need to start at the beginning. You should get around to it when you have the time but you don't need to start there anymore than you need to start at the beginning of any show. Sure there are plenty of shows that you shouldn't pick up mid season but mid show you'll be fine.

It's a zombie apocalypse. The main charachter's best friend is fucking his wife's brains out and trying to be a father to his son. Shit sucks and there is no help coming. That's really all you need to know. Dive in, have fun.

TV spoiler

If I would have never seen this show before it is quite possible I would have never watched it based on this shit description.

Last edited by virmicious; November 29th, 2011 at 4:55 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    If I would have never seen this show before it is quite possible I would have never watched it based on this shit description.

I think you should put spoiler tags where I did, if only because everyone else is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I guess we are doing this because the comic book nerds who should start their own thread?

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sofia was one of the zombies in the barn.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that that's out of the way we can actually discuss the show normally. Carry on.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Agreed with miotch. Comic book fuckers need to discuss the shit in their own thread. The show is popular enough to warrant both.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it such a big deal to put spoiler tags in front of stuff? Some people may not have seen the last episode, sure they could just avoid the thread but if they're trolling to see whether they should check it out and BOOM have a massive plot point spoiled it kind of sucks. We spoiler in lots of TV threads.

TV

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is Dale is the only consistent voice of sanity in the group followed closely by Shane. Rick may as well believe in pixies coming to save him half the time and Daryl's gotten just as bad. He's not high and mighty, he's inteligent and measured. He's annoying because parents are always annoying, that's their job but that's not because their wrong, it's because your stupid. What's her name could just as easily curled up in his arms and let him hold her at the CDC.

I'm also curious what will ultimately drive them off the farm. In any real world scenario they'd kill Herschel since he's storing walkers like they are curable. Even if what they had was a disease and not some semi-magical disorder they are by and large decayed enough that a cure would simply mean being conscious suddenly of how utterly fucked you are. It would be cruel to give most of them the cure if some did/does come around.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure the next half season they'll still be on Hersh's farm the whole time.

Season 3 will be them leaving the farm.

Season 4 will be them outside the

Season 5 will be them walking into the

Season 6 will be them opening the door to the

Season 7 will be them walking through the

Season 8 will be them sitting in the

I kid. But seriously, I love this show 100%.... but goddamn can we move this shit along please?

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah it’s more than that on Dale. I felt that way about him at first but I think he’s gone past there and tipped over into busy-body and self-righteous meddler at this point.

TV

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we can start with Andrea is proven to be irresponsible with guns and was a danger to herself. If you want to kill yourself in that universe wander off on your own. We know that gun fire attracts them, that was established in episode 2. So if you want to kill yourself that's fine but you have no right to do it with a gun and potentially kill everybody else. It's not like he was hiding guns from everybody. He was hiding them from a girl who could not shoot and was suicidal.

He thinks Shane is a lot worse than either of us do. That's the bottom line here. It's not a matter of not letting someone you care for get with a jerk it's a matter of not letting them go away with a sociopath you've seen point a loaded weapon at his best friend and whom you suspect intentionally left a man behind to improve his chances of survival. Which isn't entirely untrue. Under those circumstances I think any rational person would step in.

They live in a world where secrets kill. Of course he wants to know if he suspects something. A secret could be say a bite you didn't tell anybody about and sure walkers aren't all that dangerous in singles combat but that's assuming you're awake when it happens. What happens if it's two in the morning right after a proper fuck and Rick turns. It could be say a mystery prize barn. What happens if that place opens up while everybody is asleep? It's not like they seem to be keeping watch. What if it their world is like Left 4 Dead and they are all carriers of the disease and need to stay away from other people. We don't know what was said at the CDC at this point and it seems unlikely at everybodies first guess was right at this point. I'll grant you that pretending to fix the RV was a selfish and bad call on his point.

He is clearly the patriach of the group. Which is why both Glen and T-Dog have come to him personally for advice. It's why Shane didn't simply blow him off. It's why Andrea despite the seemingly obvious fact that she doesn't feel the same way about him that he does about her doesn't blow him off or go to Rick or Shane as the leaders and demand she be treated as an adult. They would probably take her side for all the reasons you've already listed. She didn't because she didn't view it as an option. She didn't view it as an option because Old Man does actually have a defacto place in the chain of command.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also curious what will ultimately drive them off the farm. In any real world scenario they'd kill Herschel since he's storing walkers like they are curable. Even if what they had was a disease and not some semi-magical disorder they are by and large decayed enough that a cure would simply mean being conscious suddenly of how utterly fucked you are. It would be cruel to give most of them the cure if some did/does come around.
    In a world where the dead can crawl around after being completely eviscerated and dismembered, this argument doesn't really hold water. If you can zomb around for a year and then be cured, it's not ridiculous to think you can be saved from your decay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahaha. I decided to watch The Shawshank Redemption again, and the very first bit of dialog had a very familiar voice. I was like "this sounds a lot like Dale", and it turns out that it is indeed Dale.. questioning ol' Andy Dufresne like a jerkoff. Just like Dale questions everybody else. Like a jerkoff.

So yeah, this wasn't entirely on topic, but fuck it.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haha, I never put that together (also haven't watched Shawshank in a long time).

Fuckin' Darabont playing favorites...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOOK FAMILIAR?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been so stressed and heartbroken by a TV show in my life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I actually love Dale. I don't get the hate for him.

Of course he's a meddling, high and mighty sort of guy. But that's not important. In a situation where one off the rails crazy dickhead has already killed one man and came extremely close to killing another, it's no longer about having a "high and mighty" opinion and it's more about making the choices necessary to ensure others are going to be OK.

Much like Glen said to his hot piece of farm girl tail, Dale is a character that would rather have people hate him but be alive, than keep his mouth shut and they be dead. Everything he has done so far HAS been in the best interests of everyone else, whether that person agrees with it or not, it's saving their life. Not too far removed from what Shane's trying to do but without the mental-ness.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If that off the rails crazy dickhead doesn't do what he does, they both die and Carl dies.

It's kill or be killed.

And stashing the guns and hiding them from everyone is doing the opposite of what's good for them. It's stupid.

I wouldn't say I'm a Dale hater, and I do like how he's trying to preserve a sense of humanity in inhumane times, but the hiding the guns thing really rubs me the wrong way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was hiding the guns to stop Shane doing something really stupid now that he'd found out there were walkers in the barn. Something that, in the best case would cause their group to have to start moving on request of Herschel, and in the worse case could end in the death of a couple of people (if not everyone).

And as it turns out, he was totally right to do so as Shane went straight to the guns when he was upset.

Again whether it's "holier than thou" or not, had Shane not found the guns, then Dale would have saved everyone from having to move on before Herschel and Rick had come to an agreement. I can't imagine they would have stayed hidden for long, just until the tension wound down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale is one of the calming voices on the show. Granted he probably bites off more than he can chew but I like the character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post

LOOK FAMILIAR?
    That nose sure does

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    He kinda looks like an old Jason Lee in that pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like the lawyer from almost sunny.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished the first compendium in the graphic novels

COMIC SPOILER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of a couple questions that could potentially get answered in the second half of season 2. Heres what I came up with.

(Comic Spoilers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New intro set to debut for the second half of season 2.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8z_dJoWjP4&feature=related"]The Walking Dead Alternate Intro - YouTube[/ame]

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haha, I love shit like that. That's great.

When's the next bit of episodes start?

I realize I could and will look it up, but it wouldn't contribute to conversation.

My girlfriend tried to make fun of me because she thinks (Rightfully so) that I wish I were Daryl.

I said, "Bitch, this city boy you know grew up in the mountains. I faced down bears, hooked a mean fish and at 7 years old fell through thin ice behind the house and while his friend panicked, dragged himself out of it. You're damn right, and you're damn right this is the man you want by your side during a zombie apocalypse."

We then made the beast with two backs.

It lasted 8 seconds, because I was feeling carnal and didn't have time for pleasantries.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    When's the next bit of episodes start?

I realize I could and will look it up, but it wouldn't contribute to conversation.
    February 12, less than two weeks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked it. Next week's looks good too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same.

I really hope

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-N-Ready Bort View Post
    I liked it. Next week's looks good too.
    The start of the show had the slow burn feel that most of the first half of the season had. Then
    After that everything picked up.

One part I thought was odd

I loved the ending. The trailer for next week looks even better.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was not dissapointed last night. Looks like we're gonna have a very good ride to the end of the season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. Rick is showing he's the boss, and that's much of what I like to see especially after he first half of the season. It's time to leave the farm though. And Lori can die.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You fucking dickheads do realize she is carrying an unborn child? Cold-hearted bastards.

More DeNiro than Robert Richard DeNiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for them to leave the farm also. Not sure where they go next because it seems like the safest spot, but something alongs the lines of Night of the Living Dead where they get attacked in the middle of the night and have to baracade themselves inside would be fitting.

tag champ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    You fucking dickheads do realize she is carrying an unborn child? Cold-hearted bastards.
    Walkers gotta eat, and that is just a nice surprise bonus. Kinda like two prizes in the cereal box.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the most recent episode:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want Rick to be completely like Shane, but I like where his character is going. I think the shit in the bar is gonna push him closer to it though.

I've never read the comics, so I'm new to this as I've only watched all the episodes. I love the Dead movies and like reading Dead books. I so love this show. I can't believe I never got into the comics.

I would like to start reading them. Should I wait a little longer or am I safe in not having to worry about getting possible spoilers.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I assure you Rick won't kill Shane. The episode was getting too talk til the Jersey shore guys showed up, yes that was a Jersey accent, I know Philly people and they don't talk that bad. They just have bad taste in sports teams. Rick had every right to do what he was going to do. They even marked their territory and the producer on Talking Dead said it was a clean kill. Good for Darryl for telling Lori to shove it.

Lori, fucking Lori. I honestly believe they have no idea how to write her. It seems they want to make her a back drop character at times, but she is a main cast member, so they have to come up with ways to make her do things. You know if Dale and Shane are regulated to back drop characters, Lori can be one for an episode or two. The car thing felt forced and just totally out of place.

I would like to say how cool Talking Dead was this week. Dave Navaro brought up a lot of complainants and discussions that the fans have had. Little or no zombies, too much farm, Hershel is d-bag and Shane is justified. The Producer seemed a bit stunned at first, but did a good job addressing. Hardwick also let Dave go on instead of being a tool like we have to go to commercial and we will talk about how great the show is. It is refreshing to see after show that doesn't seem afraid to bash the show at times and talk to those in charge about it. Its also not the first time, Kevin Smith made a pretty spot on comment about the episode where Lori tells Rick about Shane and the baby. He said it was written by a woman, because if any man wrote, Shane would be dead or there would at least be a confrontation about it. So, good for them for having a show like that and actually getting into some meaningful debates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed last night's episode. Lots of nice character development, I thought. I really like the way they're showing Rick's internal conflict of being that good guy that helps those in need that he was before the world (or, at least, Georgia) was overrun, and being a cold hearted survivalist. I'm digging Glen and Maggie a lot. And, I can't believe it, but they FINALLY did something interesting with Lori. It took until the last 20 seconds on an episode mid way through the second season, but they did it. I'm finally a bit interested in the Lori/Rick/Shane triangle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things I liked about tonights episode.

1. It was set mostly at night. Something we really haven't seen since I believe the episode were Shane and Otis at the school. That really adds atmosphere even if the zombies aren't in frame at all times. With the other group of survivors out and about in the town. The tension sets itself.

2. The zombies felt like a threat which I think was in part because of point 1 with the lurking in the night and part 2 with them just following the noise.

3. Lori wasn't a total waste in this episode. I was pleasantly surprised by what she did in the beginning of the episode and how she acted at the end.

Point 4 (Comic Related)
    Last edited by ReDPath; February 20th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

More DeNiro than Robert Richard DeNiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed a lot of the same things about last nights episode. Any episode where they get away from the farm for a bit is good to me. When the zombie ate the guy outside the bar it was a pretty good game of "got your nose"

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think we are seeing the moving away from insane Shane being the big bad to Lori pours honey in the ear of Rick to get her way big bad. It was nice to actually have a zombie fight even though I have no idea how they lived through that. Not loving the Glenn is a coward thing, but he could be T-Dogg who is just random black guy background character. The Darryll/Carol scenes were almost as uncomfortable as the guy getting his face eaten.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glenn isn't a coward. He said he was thinking about Maggie Gyllenhaal and that not wanting to die because of her led him to let Rick and Hersh down.

Glenn is going to embrace the way of the Jedi, cut off this romance nonsense, and become a lean mean fearless killing machine again.

Also, if I drank 3/4 of a bottle of Scotch like Hershel did, I wouldn't be nearly as sure a shot as he was a (couple?) hour(s) later.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    The episode was getting too talk til the Jersey shore guys showed up, yes that was a Jersey accent, I know Philly people and they don't talk that bad.
    You do know that Philly is, like, ten minutes from the Jersey border, yeah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So seriously what the fuck did they do to darryl. He has in the space of 2 episodes gone from awesome to COMPLETE TRASH GET OFF MY SCREEN.
    You know what I like? Arrested Development.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been a lot of the limelight on Daryl this season. As much as I do love his character, I can't blame them for pushing him to the back now that the girl is gone. I just wish they'd do something with T-Dog, it seemed strange to play up the race card at the beginning of the season when he was going a bit nuts with his arm injury, and then just drop him completely.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they can keep the Shane is crazy angle much because I think a lot of us agree with most of Shane's decisions with the Otis incident being one that has us on the fence. I don't really have any problem with Daryl being shoved to the back he's had a lot of time to shine. I'd honestly kinda forgotten that T-Dog wasn't dead. Anybody who's read the comics it the problem with T-Dog that he's supposed to be dead and the writers don't know what to do with him anymore?

COMICZ:

Judas lets be honest, even if you were dead sober it's unlikely you'd aim as well as. . .anybody on this show with a penis (and most of the non penis having people) trust me when I tell you getting a head shot on a moving (sometimes somewhat awkwardly) zombie while running ranks right up there with spinning around three times throwing a basketball over your shoulder and getting a nothing but net basket. I'm not saying it's impossible I'm saying it's damned unlikely. If you were in the Walking Dead I bet you'd shoot as well as Hersch after a full bottle of Jack Daneils.

The stupidity of these people as a group still manages to stagger me though. I don't know how much they have in the way of anticeptics and other medical supplies (or food for that matter) it seems to me that bringing that kid back is just plain the worst call imaginable. Sure nobody's looking for him but without a weapon, a vehicle or a group sending a kid who (we'll see how much Hollywood Healing kicks in. In real life Carl wouldn't be back at 100% by now either) should have at least a severe limp is basically murder. Nobody is looking for him unless they followed Rick and Glen immediately. Otherwise they would have assumed that the walkers got him. Even if they went back to look for him it makes perfect sense that walkers got him, he became a walker, he walked away. His friends have no good reason to look for him. We don't know how large their group actually is. Maybe we killed everybody who wasn't in that truck and they are no threat to anybody.

What I wanna know is why is Lori such a cunt. I get that she loves her husband and dropped Shane for him. I get that she had a moment of being furious because she thought she'd been lied to. I don't see why she has do be a bitch to Shane why she has to turn what I got the impression was basically his BFF. Like if circumstances were any different her attempting to drive a wedge between him and Shane would have resulted in split custody over Carl. I hope a zombie eats her and Shane gets to bash her head in with a shovel. Won't happen hell knowing how writers are the opposite is more likely to happen but still I can has dream?
    Last edited by Vice; February 21st, 2012 at 6:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doct, the title of the thread says to put comic book spoilers behind spoiler tags and label them.

Probably an idea to get on that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed it.

Also, T-Dog ain't in the comics, D-Dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit that post was hard to read

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I thought that genderless pronouns were sufficiently vague that nobody would be able to guess AT ALL what was being discussed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fault. I actually completely complete mis-read the T-Dog part as:

Anybody who's read the comics, the problem with T-Dog is that he's supposed to be dead and the writers don't know what to do with him anymore.
    But now Vice has said he's not in the comic, the sentence reads a bit more like you were obviously asking a question about the comics.
    I completely missed whatever it is that's under the spoiler anyway. So go me for being useless.
    Last edited by Guy; February 21st, 2012 at 7:27 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a question. And Vice gave an answer. Since he doesn't exist in the Comics based on what's going on right now in the story it's kinda hard to give the fifth wheel much to do. I notice a lot on television shows that charachters who are here but for whatever reason aren't supposed to be often times just fade into the background or annoy the fuck out of you. Especially when there isn't a huge cast of other people that you can kinda sorta roll up into a single charachter and let him do everything the main charachters can't be bothered with.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't worry, Blood, m8, you're engaged.

And doct, I'll shoot YOU stone sober and we'll see what happens.

I really need to get on these comics. Currently reading too much shit at once, though.

They're pretty much totally different than the show, yeah?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd rather them have some of the characters just sit in the background until they're going to be more in the spotlight, than making sure every character is forced into some sort of storyline just for the sake of them getting TV time. Though, if something happens (like, say, T-Dog getting bitten or whatever), it's good to have that person be on the screen more often so it actually means something. Giant offenders of this are Sophia, who I barely even noticed prior to her disappearance, and whoeverthefuck is now comatose, who I swear was only on screen for like 8 seconds prior to her collapse. And to a lesser extent, Amy. She wasn't around much and didn't do much, but she at least had a few scenes.. and her shit didn't drag on and on.

Hopefully T-Dog gets more screen time in the next couple episodes and then has a magnificent death.

And yeah, Judas, they are very different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem 'moving daryl to the back' but why is he prancing around screaming 'LEAVE ME ALONE!' like a big fucking pussy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get how a couple of you think Daryl is a big f**king pu**y. Look at what he went through searching for a little girl who most thought was dead anyways but continued to search to comfort the mom. I think he is somewhat justified in not wanting to be bothered at the moment with trying to be like Rick. I feel that since he joined the group, he definatly earned his place in the group and right now he's probably grieving in his own way cuz he wasn't able to find and or save Sophia. Shit is going to go down in these last few episodes and I'm looking at Daryl to come out big time saving the group. Don't give up on him yet. I don't know, but I'm not ready to put Daryl on a shit list just yet. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with him wanting to be left alone, and even in being extremely pissed off. He got shot by blondie while searching for a dead kid.

The execution was super poor. Giving a little angry rant about how he's MAd AS HELL and he doesn't care and never did. Yaaaawn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Darryl. Him, Rick and Shane are my favorite characters. The only problem I have with the little post-Sophia story for Darryl is all his vitriol seemingly being directed towards Sophia's mom. I'd love to see a full on confrontation between him and Rick or Shane. From where I'm sitting, Darryl is the most important member of the group in that he's got all the survival skills necessary to survive on his own. They need Darryl a whole lot more than he needs them. I'd be really happy if they started playing up that angle. It seems pretty obvious that the show is going to end the season with a group splintering, and Darryl being a wild card that both Rick's group and Shane's group are trying to recruit would be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which group do you think Daryl would go with if it came down to that? And why?

Do you think he would go with Rick's group because of Rick being more level headed and protective of the group?

Or will he go with Shane's group because Shane is more get shit done to protect the group even if it means sacrificing someone to get shit done?

I think also, going back to his anger at Sophia's mom. He obviously was starting to get feelings for her, from what I perceived, and he almost died for her daughter. Other than his brother, we don't know, who has he ever done that for?

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question and build off of your last point, I think Darryl goes wherever Sophia's Mom goes. He's hurt over losing Sophia and taking it out on her for now but I think he'll eventually come full circle and stick with her. He's a bit confused at the moment and hurt but she's the only person, along with Sophia, that he seems to have built any real attachment too since his brother died.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is one of those odd problems of stories. I think Daryl would logically go with Shane. He seems more pragmatic than moral to me. However in a hypothetical split going with Shane would likely be the equivalent of being shipped to Siberia and he'd likely find some reason to stick with Rick simply for the camera time if such a thing were to happen.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Darryl seems plenty moral to me seeing as he was the schmuck who looked for a girl who was pretty much guaranteed dead more than anyone else.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that moral? Sure it wasn't pragmatic but they had already agreed to search and he was by far the most qualified. Hell he was the only one qualified the rest were basically stumbling around the woods for a girl who pretty much guaranteed dead.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Because he seemed to give a shit more than everyone else, because beneath that gruff redneck exterior he's just a big fluffy insecure teddy bear holding a box of chocolate looking to be loved by someone.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Judas is right. I can actually see Shane going to end Rick at some point in the camp and Darryl being the one who puts an arrow in him. Darryl is my pick to be the one who is the deciding factor the way the group goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judas - lotjx - Matty - Fully agree with you guys. This is the reason I think he's going through his pms moment. Never been in this situation before, and bam, here he is getting feelings for some chick and her daughter that he tried to save. I think it's conflicting to him and that's why I feel he needs this moment to get over it. Never thought about the situation that could be that lotjx brought up though. That could be interesting. He sees Sophia's mom cowering over on the side while Shane is about to end Rick and sees that he needs to protect her and saves Rick in order to do that. Who knows, that could be why he is being the way he is now. He knows shit is going to go down and he's deciding who to side with.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Potential spoiler regarding the rest of the season:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Vice; February 24th, 2012 at 7:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I wonder what that spoiler is about there then Jamstar???

Hmmm? HHMMM???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUY IS FUMING