Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1524

Thread: Bellator Fighting Championships

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Maybe you should stop worrying about/hating on other people.
    If I only cared about myself and only myself then sure, I'll follow your footsteps. But I have kids, family, friends, and things I am passionate about that involve people so it's damn near impossible. Sorry.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Oh my.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Bellator ha re-signed their former HW champion Vitaly Minakov (21-0). That's quite a coupe for Bellator, was sort of expecting him to go to the UFC.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Bellator ha re-signed their former HW champion Vitaly Minakov (21-0). That's quite a coupe for Bellator, was sort of expecting him to go to the UFC.
    Great, another 3 years of him not fighting outside of Russia. Makes you wonder why.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Wait what? Is Bellator putting on a show in Russia now?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    If the winner of the HWGP isn't named Fedor I'd expect Minakov to get the first crack, being the last HW champ and undefeated.

It's fairly easy to bash his competition but that's the case for any HW fighting outside the UFC. HW is wafer thin everywhere and not that great even in the UFC. When he did face some quality competition he came through though, he smashed Alexander Volkov who's 4-0 in the UFC and just KO'd Werdum. His biggest win besides Volkov is probably Cheick Kongo though.
    Last edited by OD50; August 24th, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the winner of the HWGP isn't named Fedor I'd expect Minakov to get the first crack, being the last HW champ and undefeated.
    I just never understood why the guy would take fights outside of Bellator while being their champion. 3 fights he had before Bellator stripped him. I get that they didn't really have a deep deep division but they had Bobby Lashley.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Minakov has since been under the impression that his contract with the Viacom owned promotion has concluded and he is free to go wherever he wants, mainly the UFC. But as he revealed to Izvestia.ru, Bellator has been causing some problems.
    "I had signed a contract with [Bellator], not on the number of matches, but for a certain period of three years," said Minakov. "The three years have elapsed but the conditions if you are the champions of the organization, and I was to them, is that they have the right to extend twice or three times more for six months. And they did. My agreement with Bellator will expire in a few months. But now there is strange behavior on their part. They insist that I have to perform a few more fights under their banner, although the contract does not have a word about the number of fights. Now this issue is being studied by my lawyer."
    From a Russian site and probably translated with google. Not sure on the exact points but definitely seems to have been some contract issues.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a Russian site and probably translated with google. Not sure on the exact points but definitely seems to have been some contract issues.
    Ahhh ok that does make sense and I thought I had heard something like that. The UFC has the same exact clause or they did because it was a big reason Fedor didn't sign.

Fedor basically said that if he signed a 3-fight deal, he could get cut if he lost his first fight. But if he won all 3 and became champion, the UFC could automatically renew his contract, and then cut him if he lost the belt in the following fight. And they have done some of that for the most part before. So I get the frustration, the hesitation, so hopefully Vitaly will come back and get the gold again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellator 206 on Saturday then. Honestly, probably their best card yet, primarily owing to having their best fight yet.

Mousasi vs. MacDonald is an absolutely excellent fight. Gegard left the UFC with possibly the most momentum of any fighter leaving since Dan Henderson. Leaves on a five fight winning streak with finishes over Vitor Belfort and Chris Weidman in PPV co-main events. 7-1 in his last 8 with the "fluke" loss to Uriah Hall getting avenged via stoppage. He's an excellent fighter and his skill-set would have given Whitaker and Romero trouble if he'd have stayed. He might in fact be the best middleweight in the world. Then he came over to Bellator and got his orbital broken by Alexander Shlemenko and the thought was that maybe the UFC was right to get rid. He scraped through that, then absolutely plowed through Rafael Carvalho. Knife through butter, just a gulf in class between Gegard and the longtime Bellator middleweight champion. Rory entered with different momentum, having lost 2 bouts to Robbie Lawler and Wonderboy. The former being an absolute war and on the shortlist for best fight ever, and the latter he just got outscored in a very technical fight. Came to Bellator and mowed through Paul Daley, then won the welterweight title from a very good champion in Douglas Lima in a tough, close fight. Both men are champions, Rory has said for years he wanted to try middleweight as he grew into his frame, and here we are. Rory also has the welterweight grand prix on slate too, his schedule is fall, while Mousasi likely challenges Bader for the 205lb title next if he wins here. Super superfights all round.

For me here though, the X factor is size. Mousasi is just a big man. He's vastly experienced and knows his frame completely. His jab is excellent too. Rory will be in the fight because he's a fantastic fighter at all ranges, technical and methodical, as well as having a big mean streak when his man's hurt. That nose just won't be able to get peppered by Mousasi's jab all night. Given Rory's propensity to wear damage and Mousasi's pinpoint and accurate striking, I'm confident in saying the accumulation will become too much for Rory by round 4 and Mousasi takes it by TKO. I'd be surprised if there's an early finish, but wouldn't be surprised if Rory's up on points at the time of the stoppage. Gegard will just sat on him until it's too much.

Rampage vs. Wanderlei IV! I could watch these guys fight each other until the end of time. The PRIDE MW Grand Prix of 2003 was the first MMA DVD I bought back when I was properly getting into it around 2007, so this match-up is one that I'll remember. The barrage at the end of that first fight between them for me was as impressive and dramatic as the second fight, because Rampage just got his fucking head kicked in for what seemed like a full minute of fight ending abuse. Every shot was killer and it took dozens of them to put him down. He was an iron man that night. The second fight he got his lights shut out in a very competitive fight where he'd looked the better man until an absurd right hand shook him. Wanderlei was so fucking good at closing the show, mad that it's been five years since we've seen it. The third fight they showed each other plenty of respect then Rampage landed with the first significant punch and knocked him out. Then battered his carcass for a bit after. These two mad old cunt's don't like each other, neither have looked at their best in a long time, though Rampage has been considerably more active. He's also got a thyroid problem that makes him a heavyweight, and a big one, now. This boils down to whether Rampage's size helps or hinders him. If he's slower he'll get caught in a firefight and get caught, if he uses it well he'll wear Wanderlei out and finish him later. Leaning towards the latter, but cheering the Axe Murderer. Crazy fucker.

Lima vs. Koreshkov III is a serious fight. 11-3 vs. 13-2 in Bellator, with the losses being to each other, 1 each to Ben Askren and Lima's last fight, the close one against Rory. So both are a step above anybody else other than Rory in the division, with fighters like Daley, Good, Henderson and Larkin littered on their record. It's another coin flip fight too, as both are excellent strikers. It's five rounds too. Lima has more power, but Koreshkov is likely more technical. Either Lima lands the bomb or Koreshkov outpoints him. That's basically the story of their two fights already. I'm leaning Koreshkov I think, he knows the power of Lima and won't get involved in any firefights, leading to him pulling ahead. It'll be tense because the danger is always there, but I lean the better fighter over the better puncher.

Aaron Pico fighting too, against Leando Higo. Pico is a super prospect but this is a serious fight, as Higo has a lot of experience and has been in there with Dantas and Caldwell. After his debut loss, Pico has been lethal but against overmatched opponents. A proper test, one that I'd like to see him pass because he has a lot of potential. I can see Higo surviving an early barrage and leaning on his experience to take over the fight late and win on points though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Saw yesterday that the winner of the WW GP will get $1,000,000 (in cash if we are to believe 50 Cent). Now that's got to add some motivation.

/Just watched the weigh-ins, and lets just say HW Bellator Wand doesn't exactly look like HW Pride FC Wand..

Wand: 226 lbs.
    Rampage: 254.4 lbs.
    Last edited by OD50; September 29th, 2018 at 4:41 AM.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    very fun card. incredible performance by mousasi, really makes it feel like he's wasted competing against a lower tier of talent in bellator. you obviously want to see him against whittaker etc. silva/rampage delivered as an entertaining old guy brawl.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    very fun card. incredible performance by mousasi, really makes it feel like he's wasted competing against a lower tier of talent in bellator. you obviously want to see him against whittaker etc. silva/rampage delivered as an entertaining old guy brawl.
    Mousasi is someone who I feel like is a top tier MW and he's fought a lot of top MW's. Bellator is stacking up and within a year I bet we'll see some real strong competition throughout. It's moreso imo people are just super familiar with the UFC so obviously if you're there people assume you are automatically better than any other organization.

But when you have guys like Mousasi, Bader, Phil Davis, Rory, all top 5 fighters who left UFC and came to Bellator, it truly helps.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This event filled me with Strikeforce nostalgia fwiw.

I loved the top two fights. Gegard has been around for forever but seems to be enjoying his prime. Odd but fun.

Lima/Koreshkov(sp) was a little dull for me tbh but that finish was incredible.

Finally it would seem that the 22 y/o Aaron Pico is overflowing with potential. I thought the 18-4 former title challenger would be too much this early in his career but Pico steamrolled him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This event filled me with Strikeforce nostalgia fwiw.

I loved the top two fights. Gegard has been around for forever but seems to be enjoying his prime. Odd but fun.

Lima/Koreshkov(sp) was a little dull for me tbh but that finish was incredible.

Finally it would seem that the 22 y/o Aaron Pico is overflowing with potential. I thought the 18-4 former title challenger would be too much this early in his career but Pico steamrolled him.
    That Pico kid really has been able to live up to some of the hype, definitely bounced back from that 20 second loss in his pro debut.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I see big things in his future. Training with TJ Dillashaw can't hurt.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pico's boxing technique adapted to mma with his wrestling as a get out of jail free card is something to really get excited about as a fan. Also watching him start to put it together so confidently so early in his career, just hope the trajectory keeps on this way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Reminder that we have Bellator 207 tomorrow with Matt Mitrione/Ryan Bader in the HWGP semi-finals and Lorenz Larkin/Ion Pascau in the WWGP reserve fight. There's also an old school HW fight with SergeI Kharitonov vs. Roy Nelson.

On Saturday there's Bellator 208 with Chael Sonnen/Fedor Emelianenko in the other HWGP semi-final. Benson Henderson fights Saad Awad in the co-main event. Alexander Shlemenko, Cheick Kongo and Tim Johnson are on the card as well.

If you combine the top fights and put them on the same night it would be a pretty decent card.

Fedor/Chael
    Mitrione/Bader
    Benson/Awad
    Larkin/Pascau
    Kharitonov/Big Country
    Shlemenko/Tokov
    Johnson/Kongo

Bellator have back-to-back events scheduled for December 14 and 15 as well, both events will be at the Blaisdell Center in Hawaii.

Bellator (212) "Salute the Troops" - Dec 14
    Michael Chandler vs. Brent Primus (LW title)
    Frank Mir vs. Javy Ayala

Bellator 213 - Dec 15
    Ilima Lei-McFarlane vs. Valerie Letourneau (FLW title)
    Rafael Carvalho vs. Lyoto Machida
    Neiman Gracie vs. Ed Ruth (WWGP quarter final)
    King Mo vs. Liam McGeary
    Last edited by OD50; October 11th, 2018 at 1:19 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder that we have Bellator 207 tomorrow with Matt Mitrione/Ryan Bader in the HWGP semi-finals and Lorenz Larkin/Ion Pascau in the WWGP reserve fight. There's also an old school HW fight with SergeI Kharitonov vs. Roy Nelson.

On Saturday there's Bellator 208 with Chael Sonnen/Fedor Emelianenko in the other HWGP semi-final. Benson Henderson fights Saad Awad in the co-main event. Alexander Shlemenko, Cheick Kongo and Tim Johnson are on the card as well.

If you combine the top fights and put them on the same night it would be a pretty decent card.

Fedor/Chael
    Mitrione/Bader
    Benson/Awad
    Larkin/Pascau
    Kharitonov/Big Country
    Shlemenko/Tokov
    Johnson/Kongo
    I'm really excited to see who winds up in the finals. Very interesting possibilities. Imagine Chael v. Meathead.

If Fedor wins, do you think he'll even defend the title? Or does he retire? It would be interesting to see who they piece up for him as his first challenger.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I think Vitaly Minakov (21-0) should be the first contender kind of by default by being the last champion and never lost the title. He has just re-signed with Bellator so why not. What other options would there be? Kharitonov/Big Country winner?

Not sure what Fedor would do, one of his trainers said he'd like to see Fedor win the GP and then retire. Say Fedor blasts Chael and then Bader in the finals wouldn't he be tempted to keep going? Definitely couldn't see him ever fighting Minakov though, they are/were training partners.

And I haven't checked the odds but I'm guessing the final is favored to be Fedor/Bader?

My dream scenario would be Fedor winning and then defending against Cro Cop, he is signed to Bellator as well as being on a nine fight win streak. He just won a fight in Rizin on September 30.
    Last edited by OD50; October 11th, 2018 at 1:35 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Vitaly Minakov (21-0) should be the first contender kind of by default by being the last champion and never lost the title. He has just re-signed with Bellator so why not. What other options would there be? Kharitonov/Big Country winner?

Not sure what Fedor would do, one of his trainers said he'd like to see Fedor win the GP and then retire. Say Fedor blasts Chael and then Bader in the finals wouldn't he be tempted to keep going? Definitely couldn't see him ever fighting Minakov though, they are/were training partners.

And I haven't checked the odds but I'm guessing the final is favored to be Fedor/Bader?

My dream scenario would be Fedor winning and then defending against Cro Cop, he is signed to Bellator as well as being on a nine fight win streak. He just won a fight in Rizin on September 30.
    How can Bellator even put any faith in Minakov? Waits until the HW GP already started to re-sign. Didn't do shit for how many years for the promotion? He's a good fighter, I just wonder if he's going to be fighting the best Bellator has to offer or if he's going to be like Lashley and fight cans that are 1 and done.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They should have all the contract BS sorted out for sure. I can almost guarantee he will get an instant title fight or at least a #1 contenders fight when he returns. Remember that he smashed Alexander Volkov who just put a beating on the next UFC HW contender for 14 minutes and 50 seconds.

Minakov wasn't hiding from competition, it was all about those $$$ (or maybe those Rubles..).

Point is that Minakov is about as legit a HW contender they can possibly hope for as well as being their last reigning champ. What other options would they have available? Winner of Cheick Kongo/Timothy Johnson? Winner of Sergei Kharitonov/Big Country or Frank Mir if he wins in Hawaii.

My personal wish would be Minakov vs. Sonnen/Mitrione/Bader (whoever wins the GP) or Fedor/Cro Cop (if FE wins the GP) since I doubt Fedor and Minakov would agree to fight, and c'mon... CC being on a nine fight win streak fighting a Fedor who have won the HWGP would be a pretty cool (and probably last) time to do that rematch.
    Last edited by OD50; October 11th, 2018 at 2:07 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact he's undefeated at HW is awesome. I'm not saying he's a jobber or anything, he beat Cheick Kongo when Kongo was still a top 10 HW. What I'm not a fan of is while you're under contract with Bellator and you're the champ but you're taking fights against dudes that are weak as fuck.

Not as bad as Overeem though who threw around accomplishments that didn't really matter like being Dream HW champion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'm really, really happy for Fedor.

And I really, really don't think I want to see Bader vs. Fedor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I do. The idea of Bader becoming 205 and HW champ in Bellator totally independent from DC doing it in the UFC would make for a bit of a dream match between the two.

Also, Cheik Kongo has silently earned himself a 7-fight win streak. Love this sport.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    As crazy as it sounds in 2018 I wouldn't be opposed to a Cheick Kongo/Sergei Kharitonov #1 contenders fight on the January LA Forum card, but you also have to throw in Minakov who is the last Bellator HW champ, undefeated and also holds a victory over Kongo. On the other hand he hasn't fought in Bellator since 2014 so maybe they'd like to see him get a W in the organization first.

How difficult will it be for Fedor to beat Bader in the finals though? Bader is pretty much a better version of Sonnen in every aspect; bigger, faster, stronger, younger, more explosive, more punching power, more effective wrestling, better overall striking.. On the other hand he got KO'd by Rumble, Glover and Machida and got dropped by Tito Ortiz of all people, so if one of Fedor's bombs hits the target it's probably over. I can definitely see Fedor putting up a good fight but start to fade in the second or third and Bader grinding out the decision. I'm guessing the final be a five rounder since it's for the HW title, but not sure if that's official yet?

Some good hand speed for an old man there. Impressive that Chael recovered from the left hook.

And not MMAth but ..

Minakov has beaten Kongo
    Kongo has beaten Javy Ayala
    Javy Ayala has beaten Kharitonov
    Kharitonov has beaten Big Country
    Big Country has beaten Kongo

And it's silly to talk about Bellator challenging the UFC, but to me they're slowly starting to occupy the spot Strikeforce used to be in back in the day. Lots of exciting fights with a mix of legends (Wanderlei, Rampage, Fedor..), ex UFC'ers (Benson, Larkin, Rory, Mousasi, Kongo, Nelson, Machida, Sonnen, Fitch, Mir..), solid home grown fighters (Lima, Chandler, Koreshkov, MVP..) and some great prospects (AJ McKee, Pico, Ed Ruth, Neiman Gracie, Lovato Jr...) And a bunch of others like Minakov, Kharitonov, Cro Cop and King Mo.

Future with the HWGP finals and the rest of the WWGP looks exciting for sure.

And I remember once upon a time when UFC fans used to shit on Strikeforce and its roster of fighters.. Jobbers like Daniel Cormier, Yoel Romero, Luke Rockhold, Tyrone Woodley, Amanda Nunes, Cris Cyborg, Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum, Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey, Gegard Mousasi and Jacare Souza I guess..

Last edited by OD50; October 15th, 2018 at 6:25 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    But how about Chael Sonnen fighting Anderson Silva at MW, Jon Jones at LHW and Fedor at HW? Pretty cool to have on your resume even though he lost.

And yeah, just watched the Bellator post-fight press conference and like I mentioned earlier, Fedor said he has asked Scott Coker specifically to not fight other Russians, so I guess Minakov/Kharitonov are out as title challengers if he beats Bader. So my suggestion is that if Bader wins he will defend either against Vitaly Minakov (current champ vs former champ), the winner of Kongo/Kharitonov or the winner of a Kongo/Minakov rematch. If Fedor wins (and doesn't retire) I would do the Fedor/Cro Cop rematch for the HW title. Kind out of left field I guess but CC is on a nine fight win streak, and is still signed to Bellator I assume.

CC was supposed to fight Big Country back in the summer but with Nelson getting smashed I'm not sure that's on the table. I'd watch CC/Nelson 2 and CC/Kongo 2 though.
    Last edited by OD50; October 15th, 2018 at 6:00 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Cro Cop is making his Bellator debut in a rematch against Big Country Roy Nelson.

Side note, what the fuck happened to Big Ben Rothwell??

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Looks like Cro Cop is making his Bellator debut in a rematch against Big Country Roy Nelson.

Side note, what the fuck happened to Big Ben Rothwell??
    UFC heavyweight Ben Rothwell suspended two years by USADA

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Frank Mir is soft.

His own words.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does Bader become I believe the 2nd champ champ in Bellator or is it Fedor's last hooraH?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know but I'm watching for Jack Sthhhwagger baby.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know but I'm watching for Jack Sthhhwagger baby.
    He had a pretty fun open workout doing some chain wrestling.

I'm curious to see how he will do. I'm always curious when guys like him, these elite collegiate wrestlers who go into pro wrestling, get into MMA because you have to wonder how much of their younger days have they retained? Swagger has that reach, he's probably too old to develop serious hands but I bet he could keep some dudes at a distance while being able to slam anyone as well. It'll be interesting.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R-Truth will be busy this weekend. No. 30 in the Rumble and play out Swagger to the cage.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    R-Truth will be busy this weekend. No. 30 in the Rumble and play out Swagger to the cage.
    I thought you were fucking around because for one I never see you post about MMA hahaha. Sure enough, he's doing the walk out music lol.

Funny....the WWE are cool with this but wouldn't let CM Punk walk out with Chael Sonnen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He had a pretty fun open workout doing some chain wrestling.

I'm curious to see how he will do. I'm always curious when guys like him, these elite collegiate wrestlers who go into pro wrestling, get into MMA because you have to wonder how much of their younger days have they retained? Swagger has that reach, he's probably too old to develop serious hands but I bet he could keep some dudes at a distance while being able to slam anyone as well. It'll be interesting.
    Being a HW is very much a plus for him as that is the one division where age never really plays a factor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a HW is very much a plus for him as that is the one division where age never really plays a factor.
    True. I'm just curious how much of his collegiate wrestling days he's retained. I'm sure quite a bit, wrestlers don't just up and forget the struggle of being a wrestler haha.

He's in a good place though. Scott Coker is kind of the go-to guy for weird shit in MMA these days. Kimbo, Lashley, Herchel Walker, Ken v. Royce lol. Swagger might get his rematch against CM Punk.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight won't prove much in regards to Swagger. Dave Batista won a fight after all. Will be interesting to see if he can compete when he gets to a decent level of opponent.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE THE PEOPLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it for Fedor then. Unless UFC pay up and give him a one fight send off (Arlovski 2?) in Russia seeing as how his contract's up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Aaron Pico has the shadow boxing iq of Ray Robinson.

Too bad he's also got the actual combat iq of Alistair Overeem.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to Bader. Stepped up a weight class and had some solid wins, including putting a stamp on a great career for Fedor. What's next?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bader's stock has skyrocketed since his move to Bellator. One fight left on his contract, too. Assuming he doesn't lose it (and considering the state of the 205 lb division) he could easily come in to an immediate UFC title fight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Such an odd lead jab-hook that took Fedor out too. They pointed out on JRE that it was the same one used by Rose to knock out JJ.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bader's stock has skyrocketed since his move to Bellator. One fight left on his contract, too. Assuming he doesn't lose it (and considering the state of the 205 lb division) he could easily come in to an immediate UFC title fight.
    And before he left he was arguably one of the top 2 options for Cormier to fight but DC felt, and rightfully so, that Bader was not a big enough name for him to battle. DC will be gone but I think Bader coming in might be a good thing IF that happens. I wouldn't be negative to seeing how he'd fair against Jon Jones many years later. They had such a crossroads fight, Jones did so well he was offered a shot at Shogun on the spot and his career took off while Bader had his ups and downs.

Shit even Tito is wanting a piece of him, and I can't say I wouldn't give him a shot under the Bellator banner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next fight for Bader, stupidly, should be Ortiz for the 205lb title. Chance to avenge a loss, biggest name out there, and Tito is actually on a winning streak and won 4 of 5. May as well pop a rating out of it, it's not like a third Phil Davis fight sells shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Next fight for Bader, stupidly, should be Ortiz for the 205lb title. Chance to avenge a loss, biggest name out there, and Tito is actually on a winning streak and won 4 of 5. May as well pop a rating out of it, it's not like a third Phil Davis fight sells shit.
    Very true. Bellator has proven that you could be the most skilled dude in the world but Kimbo v. Ken Shamrock is still the biggest rating that company has ever got. Maybe not anymore, maybe the Royce fight beat it I don't know lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ratings notwithstanding it IS an opportunity to avenge an embarrassing loss in what should be an easy fight for Bader. Tito would be motivated by the title shot... it's really a no-brainer and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Would watch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. I'm just curious how much of his collegiate wrestling days he's retained. I'm sure quite a bit, wrestlers don't just up and forget the struggle of being a wrestler haha.

He's in a good place though. Scott Coker is kind of the go-to guy for weird shit in MMA these days. Kimbo, Lashley, Herchel Walker, Ken v. Royce lol. Swagger might get his rematch against CM Punk.
    Stupid question, but is Scott Coker the guy from Counting Cars? That car overhaul/"Pimp My Ride" for boring white guys show? That name sounds familiar. I know he's got his show, his shop, and a bar and restaurant in Vegas, but I didn't know he was into fight promoting. Neat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Stupid question, but is Scott Coker the guy from Counting Cars? That car overhaul/"Pimp My Ride" for boring white guys show? That name sounds familiar. I know he's got his show, his shop, and a bar and restaurant in Vegas, but I didn't know he was into fight promoting. Neat.
    Completely different dude. Looked it up you're thinking of Danny Koker

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So Bellator 216 tonight lads..

MVP vs Daley
    Cro Cop vs Nelson II
    And the return of MINAKOV (vs Kongo)

Rather looking forward to this one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's a good top 3 fights, with Erick Silva fighting an undefeated prospect too underneath. Weird seeing Cro Cop as the favourite considering Big Country destroyed a shot Cro Cop 7 years ago. I guess Nelson is also shot now so it's a skill for skill fight, with Nelson's physical attributes pretty much non-existent now and the power has even waned. He did run Mitrione close recently though, and does anyone honestly see Mirko doing that? I dunno. I hope Cro Cop wins though, then avenges the Kongo and Mir losses before retirement. He's 40 fucking 4 for god's sake.

I see Daley catching MVP at some point. 5 round fight on the feet against a generational knockout artist? Page has to be note perfect. At this point in his career, facing such little adversity, I can't see him rising to those levels. If he knocks Daley out though, he's a bad man.

Minakov might have trouble with Kongo, who can lull guys into those clinch heavy battles where he can outpoint you on the inside. Hopefully Minakov mills him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame ass fights.

The highlight of the entire event was reading the Sherdog play by play and during the Kongo fight they show "Kong hit Minakov with his signature move" referring to a low blow lol. I died laughing and came back just in time to see Paul Daley grappling with MVP like a little bitch. Apparently Daley wanted that W so bad he sacrificed everything he stands for, literally. And it did him no favors.

Did MVP no favors either. The fuck was that fight?????

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody catch the Rory/Fitch fight? Ends in a majority draw, Rory discusses possibly walking away, then they no sell the interview and do a face off with Neiman Gracie anyway! I'm more likely to be fighting him in 7 weeks than Rory, he looks done with the sport.

I can't help but feel sorry for Fitch. On the wrong end of 2 majority decisions (with 1 judge scoring it for him and the other 2 a draw) that would have defined his career as an all time great. I know he's one of the most boring fighters to ever live but he has absolutely maximised that skillset and got a 15 year top flight career out of it without making any great improvements to the rest of his game.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody catch the Rory/Fitch fight? Ends in a majority draw, Rory discusses possibly walking away, then they no sell the interview and do a face off with Neiman Gracie anyway! I'm more likely to be fighting him in 7 weeks than Rory, he looks done with the sport.

I can't help but feel sorry for Fitch. On the wrong end of 2 majority decisions (with 1 judge scoring it for him and the other 2 a draw) that would have defined his career as an all time great. I know he's one of the most boring fighters to ever live but he has absolutely maximised that skillset and got a 15 year top flight career out of it without making any great improvements to the rest of his game.
    I was having flashbacks to the GSP-Hendricks post-fight with Joe in the Octagon. If Rory says he was abducted by aliens as well, then we know the CTE is real with these dudes.

Jon Fitch....I'll be honest, up until the other day when looking up what fights were coming up this weekend I didn't even know dude still fought. He has a good resume, would I ever call him one of the all time greats? At Welterweight? Sure why not. I mean he definitely has the title for the most boring performances known to man but W's are W's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GSP and Maia are the only people to beat him before he could get his game going since his first 5 fights. Either he gets ran through inside 90 seconds or he gets his hands on you and grinds you until time expires. You've got to be a hard cunt to put the cage time in he has and not turned to dust by now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GSP and Maia are the only people to beat him before he could get his game going since his first 5 fights. Either he gets ran through inside 90 seconds or he gets his hands on you and grinds you until time expires. You've got to be a hard cunt to put the cage time in he has and not turned to dust by now.
    I remember the one time he got FOTN, against Erick Silva, then they still didn't re-sign him lol. I know he was wanting more money, and rightfully so, but the sadly simply winning within the confines of the rules doesn't exactly make a promotion shell out the dough when you're not a draw, at all.

I remember he finally got a shot against GSP, 9 fights it took, and GSP just handled him with ease. It was at that moment that I realized the UFC either has to get rid of Fitch or be prepared for everyone to lose to the king of lay n pray because, like with Ben Askren, the wrestling is just too much especially with scoring favorable to wrestling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His beating at the hands of GSP actually helped him, tough as old dog shit in that fight. His release was the start of the UFC isn't a legit sport league talk really. He was at worst top, what, 7 in the world at that point? They weren't outbid like with Arlovski, Hendo, Werdum etc before, they just flat out got rid. He was trounced by Maia but he was only 1-2 at that point, no consecutive losses, and the 1 was that fight of the night. The other loss was Hendricks, also top 5 in the world. Harsh. Proven right of course, but harsh.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His beating at the hands of GSP actually helped him, tough as old dog shit in that fight. His release was the start of the UFC isn't a legit sport league talk really. He was at worst top, what, 7 in the world at that point? They weren't outbid like with Arlovski, Hendo, Werdum etc before, they just flat out got rid. He was trounced by Maia but he was only 1-2 at that point, no consecutive losses, and the 1 was that fight of the night. The other loss was Hendricks, also top 5 in the world. Harsh. Proven right of course, but harsh.
    Helped him? I don't know about that. I think had he won that fight his stock would have gone up for sure and other than GSP I don't know too many who could have defeated him soundly.

UFC not being just about wins and losses, it never was in the first place, no MMA company that has thrived is just solely about wins and losses. If they were, they wouldn't make a dime. It was funny, nobody gave a shit about Jon Fitch until he was released. Then all the sudden you couldn't find a hardcore MMA fan that wasn't suddenly a supporter. But where were they when he was on the ppv card or the Spike TV card?

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during negotiations.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Bellator card tonight. 2 title fights and Machida vs. Sonnen, as well as some decent ranked fights and the return of Aaron Pico after his latest setback. Likely sets up a couple of big fights for the end of the year with Machida vs. Bader or Mousasi II for a title (Machida beat them both in the UFC) and either Rory or the unbeaten Gracie against Lima. That featherweight grand prix should be tasty as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the "Bad Guy" Chael Sonnen has officially retired after getting split in half by Machida with a flying knee.

I have to admit, years ago I hated the guy. I thought he was a try-hard who never talked shit until Anderson and the things he said were racist. But as he figured out his gimmick, he actually had some brilliant build ups. I actually became a fan of Chael during the Jones TUF show, he was a great coach, didn't really talk a bunch of shit in Jones' presence. I was still negative toward him talking shit about Wandy ducking drug tests then Chael himself fails one lol.

But man....his build up with Tito Ortiz was greatness. Even the most recent with Machida, talking about how he wanted to avenge Couture's loss was pretty wrasslin'

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His interview with Ariel was very touching. Behind the veneer of "the bad guy" was a man coming to terms with the end of his athletic window, having failed on his dreams, this time in front of his children. It was very human. He's a complex person but at the heart of it quite a decent man who's fiercely competitive that wants to make his family's life as comfortable as possible. The 2 year Anderson feud was great, the talk was entertaining but that first fight was dynamite, the GOAT finally being neutralized yet still finding the Hail Mary. Incredible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His interview with Ariel was very touching. Behind the veneer of "the bad guy" was a man coming to terms with the end of his athletic window, having failed on his dreams, this time in front of his children. It was very human. He's a complex person but at the heart of it quite a decent man who's fiercely competitive that wants to make his family's life as comfortable as possible. The 2 year Anderson feud was great, the talk was entertaining but that first fight was dynamite, the GOAT finally being neutralized yet still finding the Hail Mary. Incredible.
    I can say this with a clear conscience that Anderson v. Chael 1 is the most stressful fight I have ever watched in my entire 30 years of watching combat sports. That opening round where Chael drops Anderson, heart attack 1-4 right there lol. Then Anderson tapping him out in less than like a minute before the final bell, you have to think that is what cemented Anderson's legacy as arguably the GOAT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mousasi lost his title then, again showing the deficiency with his defensive wrestling. Lovato Jr is a grappling machine, a bad match up but was expected to lack the experience for a 5 round fight considering Mousasi's durability.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know why Mike Goldberg doesn't commentate the shows and sometimes isnt on them at all?

hes signed to Bellator and you would think his voice would resonate well with the casuals who remember hearing him in the day

the Mauro Ranallo/Big John combo is pretty shite

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    does anyone know why Mike Goldberg doesn't commentate the shows and sometimes isnt on them at all?

hes signed to Bellator and you would think his voice would resonate well with the casuals who remember hearing him in the day

the Mauro Ranallo/Big John combo is pretty shite
    Ranallo imo is probably a bigger name overall because he not only does MMA, but he's been doing a lot of the big boxing fights and obviously the WWE stuff. Goldberg is simply known by UFC fans and it's been years since he was there. Goldberg honestly is not that good and it makes sense why he's not used as often as Mauro.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Scott Coker's recent claim that Ryan Bader, not Stipe, is the best HW on the planet. True or false?

I'm going to say false. I'm even going to say he's not even the best HW in Bellator. His path to the title wasn't exactly JDS, Werdum, and Cormier. I'm not even sure he can beat Kongo.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Scott Coker is a fight promoter, so..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing this is about his Bader post?

There is no doubt that Bader has improved and while I think that there are lots of fighters in the UFC that would be his kryptonite, I'm would like to see him fight Stipe, I think that Stipe would win, but I'm not 100%.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Scott Coker is a fight promoter, so..
    Ok?

So do you think he's right or wrong? Regardless if he's a fight promoter, for all we know he truly believes that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It doesn't deserve a response.

It's a ridiculous statement, but I get that it's a guy trying to promote his guys regardless of being reasonable.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't deserve a response.

It's a ridiculous statement, but I get that it's a guy trying to promote his guys regardless of being reasonable.
    That's fair. I just wasn't sure if there were people who actually agreed with him. Mik seems to think there's a reason to validate the statement, so maybe you felt the same Idk.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Just for shiggles I agree with Mik in that Bader has improved quite a bit.

That said I think Stipe is still on another level and wrecks him anyway.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do too. But Stipe has just been knocked out for someone who didn't have particularly heavy hands as a light heavyweight and Bader has good wrestling, is strong as an ox and can swing them bungalows.

If they fought and Stipe absolutely smashed him in 20 seconds, I would not at all be surprised. But the unknowns make it a fight that I'd still quite like to see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for shiggles I agree with Mik in that Bader has improved quite a bit.

That said I think Stipe is still on another level and wrecks him anyway.
    I agree.

I think that while Bader has improved tremendously over the last 5-6 years, so has Stipe. We're a long ways from the dude who got smashed up by Struve.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Props to Coker for trying to stoke a flame for his guy, but Stipe is in the conversation for GOAT heavyweight.

At the end of the day I suppose I just think Miocic deserves the shine right now to have this be more or less ignored.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have the top heavyweights with chins over Bader, so Miocic, Ngannou and Cormier. Possibly Velasquez with the style match up. Heavyweight is as much about attrition as anything else, and I'd have Bader getting clipped and stopped on average more than those guys. He's a talent though, and COULD beat anyone on his day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Bader and Jones were basically vying for that next level spot. I wonder what MMA would look like had Bader and not Jones won that fight and Bader gone on to fight Shogun. I'm sure Jones would have found his way to GOAT status sooner than later.

I also think that for Bader, that Tito loss still lingers with us hardcore fans. And I've heard they might actually fight for the LHW title...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former high level professional rugby league England international James Haskell has been signed by Bellator to their heavyweight division. He’s 34 and has apparently been practising martial arts for a while. I’ve always wanted to see a high level rugby player in MMA. They are huge, explosive, fast, athletic and half of their game is cantered around tackles/takedowns, in many ways they are the closest the UK has to wrestlers for MMA fodder. Obviously they do t have the intricacies of the wrestling game, but they have spent most of their career trying to knock people down to the floor and keep them down, so it could be quite a good base for MMA. There’s no real reason to think that Haskell won’t as least be as much potential as Greg Hardy, just without the wife beating and reprehensible human being stuff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The skill level at heavyweight will allow high levelcross sports athletes break into the top 50 just based on not being a slow, fat cunt. Haskell will do well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cris Cyborg has signed with Bellator. Incredible news and a great acquisition for Coker and Bellator and the fans. One thing we have to praise is Cokers love for wmma and what he and that Strikeforce roster accomplished.

Budd v Cyborg is a fucking no brainer. Budd hasn't lost in like 10 years. Take my money.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellator has a somewhat decent event going down on Friday. The fight that stood out to me was Benson Henderson v. Myles Jury. I'm really excited to see these 2 fight. Benson, hands down one of the best of all time imo. Just a great fighter to watch, Myles is no joke either. Also we get to see the return of Venom Page, who imo is one of the most exciting new breed fighters we've seen over the last couple years. Hopefully he'll bounce back with a strong victory here after getting smashed in his last fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jan 25th, 2020 Cyborg Santos v. Julia Budd for the Featherweight championship. Julia Budd hasn't lost in over a decade, Cyborg has one loss in the last 15 years to someone even arguably better than her. It's going to be a great fight. I'm really digging Cyborg being in Bellator, back with Coker, who saw more in WMMA than almost anyone and thanks to him we have the likes of Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, Cyborg, Nunes, Tate, the list goes on of superstars he gave a platform to so they could showcase their skill.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So Fedor vs Rampage to headline Bellator: Japan in Saitama in late December.

I really wish I could get into this, in a vacuum it reads like an mma dream come true, just hard to get hyped about the senior circuit fights.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Fedor vs Rampage to headline Bellator: Japan in Saitama in late December.

I really wish I could get into this, in a vacuum it reads like an mma dream come true, just hard to get hyped about the senior circuit fights.
    We at least know it won't be boring. Rampage has been in some lackluster fights over the years, I can't think of a time where I was ever bored during a Fedor fight.

And yeah the age thing....I wish they had fought 10 years ago. It's Bellator, it's in Japan, I'm digging it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Douglas Lima beat Rory McDonald last night. Rory hasn't been at his best for a while, but before tonight he'd only to Condit and Lawler at welterweight, and kind of snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in all 3 of those fights. So a huge win for Lima. He's beaten Rory, Koreshkov (×2), MVP, Daley and Larkin in his last 7 fights, with the one blip the now avenged loss to Rory. Not short of fights either, but most are rematches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Douglas Lima beat Rory McDonald last night. Rory hasn't been at his best for a while, but before tonight he'd only to Condit and Lawler at welterweight, and kind of snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in all 3 of those fights. So a huge win for Lima. He's beaten Rory, Koreshkov (×2), MVP, Daley and Larkin in his last 7 fights, with the one blip the now avenged loss to Rory. Not short of fights either, but most are rematches.
    Apparently that was also his 3rd tournament win and he's the only guy to win every single tournament he's ever been in with Bellator so there's another feather in the cap.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellator 233 is this Friday and it marks the final time we will apparently see King Mo fight in MMA. Now, we've heard this a million times but if it's legit, hey, he had a good career. Definitely time to step away imo, last 4 losses were TKO finishes. I mean he did avenge his loss to Rampage, I always considered King Mo like the next Rampage lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he nearly lose his leg to staph after his ACL tear in Strikeforce? That affected his shot and turned him into primarily a boxer, which neutured his skill set as he was a decorated wrestler. He was a top prospect when he beat Mousasi, who was on a 15 fight winning streak, then one fight and one injury later and it was never the same. He's been given a gimme so hopefully he goes out a winner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Saturday, a Pride dream match is headlining Bellator 237 as Fedor throws down with Rampage Jackson. Pretty excited for this card to be honest. Not sure if I'll get to watch it but I'll figure out a way. A lot of exciting fighters like Michael Chandler, Venom Page, Lorenz Larkin, Daron Cruikshank...But yeah the main event should be a quick one and end violently. Leaning toward Rampage, he'll come in probably somewhere around 280-290 lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they're the fights I like to see the legends in, looking forward to it. 12 years ago it's the unanimous best heavyweight and light heavyweight fighting. Years obviously take the luster away, but it's a fun fight. I just don't think Rampage's chin has gone, and Fedor's absolutely has. I think there will be a wild exchange, Fedor might score a flash knockdown, but he'll get knocked out in the firefight. Hope Fedor can turn back the clock once more though. It's insane that it's nearly 10 years since he got beat by Werdum. Where the fuck did that time go?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out putting on 3 stone of fat isn't conducive to good athletic performance. Rampage looked awful. Hope that is the end for Fedor, signing off with 3 knockouts in 4 fights against legends of the sport, didn't think that would be possible a few years ago when Fabio Maldonado was kicking him across the cage at a minor Russian show. His power never left him. If anything he became more devastating and economical on his feet in the post-prime years. As for his prime, anybody that doubts his greatness should watch the stylistic approach to his fights starting with the Arlovski fight really. He knew he had the punch then, and the crushing sambo and top game disappeared. Nastiest top game probably of all time, but just plodding forward with haymakers has still led him to a few big wins.

Unfortunately, the post fight remarks were clarified as erroneous and he'll be fighting 2 more times. Only active guys I'd want to see him against are Ortiz, Barnett and maybe Machida. The latter I think finishes him but they've both had a serviceable enough post-unbeatable aura period that I'd be up for it as a sporting contest.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Rampage came in 2009 looking like Mr T and left it looking like Ahmed Johnson as Big T. Somewhat shocked Fedor won and so quickly. It's Rampage...he's not exactly known for getting finished since fuck idk Pride and the Jones fight?

I too would welcome those first 2 fights. Tito in America, Barnett in Russia

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Bader wants a piece of Jiri Prochazka. I saw the clip of Jiri smashing up CB Dolloway. Jiri's record is impressive but I don't know about the level of talent in comparison to who Bader's been fighting for 10 years. Jiri has power, youth, it'd be a good fight. I know they were supposed to fight on this past Bellator card but couldn't piece it together properly (I assume $$$).

Also, apparently Rampage is going to be documenting his path back to Light Heavyweight. Good luck Rampage. Dude came in having to cut to make the 265lbs weight limit against Fedor, it's going to be tough just to lose the weight in general but a comeback at 205 at his age? Idk man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a great fight. Bader has been on form but he hasn't fought anybody with decent speed and reflexes in a while. Big challenge.

Rampage going back to 205 for his actual health would be great. Only fight I want to see is him and Ortiz. He's not been a good fighter for a long time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a great fight. Bader has been on form but he hasn't fought anybody with decent speed and reflexes in a while. Big challenge.

Rampage going back to 205 for his actual health would be great. Only fight I want to see is him and Ortiz. He's not been a good fighter for a long time.
    Read my mind. Literally almost posted it then didn't thinking "Ah they'd never fight". A few minutes later I remembered the 1st Bellator ppv fallout. Thanks Tito.

By the way, if you haven't check out his Vlad TV interview. I'm not a big fan of Ortiz but it was worth checking out. Sort of random for the platform.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've grown to absolutely love Tito. Since that Bader win basically. Had no right pulling that off in what was essentially seen as his last fight, even back then. He'd not beaten anybody other than Ken Shamrock in 5 years. Now 13 and a half years after that second Shamrock fight he's on a 5-1 streak against former World champions, title contenders and fellow Hall of Famers. This year I want him to beat Rampage then do him and Bader at the end of the year. He'd likely get smashed but by then he'd be older than Randy when he held the title the last time. That's a narrative that would sell.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've grown to absolutely love Tito. Since that Bader win basically. Had no right pulling that off in what was essentially seen as his last fight, even back then. He'd not beaten anybody other than Ken Shamrock in 5 years. Now 13 and a half years after that second Shamrock fight he's on a 5-1 streak against former World champions, title contenders and fellow Hall of Famers. This year I want him to beat Rampage then do him and Bader at the end of the year. He'd likely get smashed but by then he'd be older than Randy when he held the title the last time. That's a narrative that would sell.
    Yeah but let's be realistic about some of those wins lol. Yeah he's 5-1, but against who? The 1 loss he has is a good way to gauge what would happen if he fought someone that wasn't half his size or over the hill x100 in MMA. He got a Bellator title shot beating their MW champion and a split decision over a drunk Stephan Bonnar.

With that said.....I agree with that last part because I could see it happening. He beats a fat ass fuck out of shape Rampage, somehow that would warrant a title shot because of a fight he won 10 years ago in another organization. Bader would smash him to pieces and call it a day. We've probably seen worse in Bellator.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyborg Santos makes her Bellator debut tomorrow night against FW champ Julia Budd. Julia hasn't lost in almost 10 years, the last loss being to Ronda fucking Rousey. She's actually only lost twice, to Ronda Rousey and then 2 fights prior to that she was KO'd by Amanda Nunes.

I'm rooting for Cyborg but I wouldn't be totally shocked if Budd pulled off the victory.

Then you have Sergio Pettis making his Bellator debut as well.