Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 1524

Thread: Bellator Fighting Championships

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Larkin vs Koreshkov/Daley/Page/Lima would all be pretty interesting. Bellator WW is very striker heavy. Wouldn't mind Larkin/Rory either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's WW division isn't terrible especially if you can still count Benson. And i understand Larkin's desire to transition as he had been lost in the shuffle for his entire UFC tenure. Got robbed vs the one Eastern European guy and had a nice streak vs quality opponents yet was never in any contention discussions for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Wouldn't mind Ben Askren back in Bellator, he's a legit non UFC WW and is not as boring as many remember. 15-0 with, I think 8 finishes versus 7 decisions or something.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Wouldn't mind Ben Askren back in Bellator, he's a legit non UFC WW and is not as boring as many remember. 15-0 with, I think 8 finishes versus 7 decisions or something.
    I think he'll be back once his OneFC contract is up. I think it's time for him to get back to the States. I honestly have no idea who anybody he's fought in OneFC is. For a guy with this kind of record at that weight class and your biggest win to the average MMA fan is a split decision over Jay Heiron 5 1/2 years ago....Koreshkov was a good win awhile back as well but I think Koreshkov got better after that loss. Plus I read an article from last year that he (ASKREN) said he might actually retire once his contract with OneFC is up.

I would not mind seeing Askren v. Rory at 170 or even 185.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone care about MVP anymore? the last fight really ruined him for me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    does anyone care about MVP anymore? the last fight really ruined him for me
    I'm sure a lot of people do. Every fighter will have a boring fight or several boring fights in their career. Now if he fights that way from now on he'll probably lose some supporters.

You really give up on fighters pretty fucking quick man lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wasn't aware that he had a bad fight last time. Everything I've seen from him has been pretty highlight reel. I want to see him vs bigger names though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I wasn't aware that he had a bad fight last time. Everything I've seen from him has been pretty highlight reel. I want to see him vs bigger names though.
    His last fight I guess was pretty "boring". I guess in comparison to what we're used to, yeah it was lackluster compared to putting a dent in Cyborg's forehead. Some say it was also MVP's toughest fight to date.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Bellator's LHW division just got bigger. Ryan Bader has officially signed with Bellator. Damn shame the UFC couldn't work something out with him. Another top guy in a shallow division that slipped through the cracks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    June 24th, Madison Square Garden, Bellator returns to ppv with Wanderlai Silva v. Chael Sonnen headlining.

Also, Fedor v. Meathead has been rebooked as the co-main for this event.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    'You have respect, you don't lose your teeth.'

'Bout time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen that. Actually I never saw anything of them coaching on TUF other than that "fight" that broke out. I just remember Chael shitting all over Wandy for running from the drug testing people and then like 2 days later Chael fails one. I was like, damn Chael went above and beyond to shit on this guy and now look. Just a fucked up situation on both ends, I mean Wanderlai was facing a lifetime ban over that, how crazy is that? I guess at least Chael openly admits that he's in Bellator for a reason and it's not really for the money lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Really rich Chael giving someone else shit about using steroids. Besides I thought Wanderlei saying fuck this shit and escaping out the back door was pretty gangster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really rich Chael giving someone else shit about using steroids. Besides I thought Wanderlei saying fuck this shit and escaping out the back door was pretty gangster.
    Pretty gangster sounds like you're giving props to A-a fighter from Brazil who B-is trying to cheat a piss test. I see our talks are finally getting you to come around.

*Editor's note: Please note that anytime I make a comment like this it will be in good fun to make light of something once thought to be a negative with you but now that you're accepting of at least one Brazilian trying to cheat a drug test it is now a joke*

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    And Bellator's LHW division just got bigger. Ryan Bader has officially signed with Bellator. Damn shame the UFC couldn't work something out with him. Another top guy in a shallow division that slipped through the cracks.
    Can't wait for Bader/Davis II, might have been the most boring fight I've seen live. Joe Duffy is a free agent now and wants to test the waters, definitely someone I expect Coker to be interested in.

!) He's a very exciting striker.
    2) Coker can promote him as the man that beat McGregor until he's blue in the face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew from the Reebok deal to the new ownership that we were going to see more fighters leave the UFC for other organizations and I hope that's a good thing for everyone. Bellator is a solid promotion, a promotion that took me a little while to get into but thanks to the constant prodding of our long lost MMA brother, DUBYA, I kept watching.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Pondering the fight card for the Bellator PPV.. Chael/Wand and Fedor/Mitrione will surely main/co-main but I'm sure neither will be five rounds. Have a feeling they will want to put at least one title fight on there and I'm leaning towards Lima/MacDonald for the WW title. Bellator actually have plenty of potential names to put on this card to get fans interested..

Rory MacDonald
    Douglas Lima
    Lorenz Larkin
    Ryan Bader
    Phil Davis
    Paul Daley
    MVP
    Josh Thomson
    Brennan Ward
    Andrei Koreshkov
    Alexander Shlemenko
    I guess King Mo and Rampage could be available, it's three months between their fight and the MSG card.

Something like..

Preliminary card on Spike:
    James Gallagher* vs. TBA (FW)
    Melvin Guillard vs. Saad Awad (LW)
    Adam Piccolotti vs. David Rickels (LW)

Main card:
    Lorenz Larkin vs. Brennan Ward (WW)
    Josh Thomson vs. Benson Henderson (LW)**
    Douglas Lima (c) vs. Lorenz Larkin Rory MacDonald (WW title fight)***
    Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva (MW/LHW?)
    Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione (HW)

*Putting Gallagher on there because he's Irish (Irish + New York = ) and somewhat Bellator trying to build up their own Conor McGregor lite. He's 6-0 and trains at SBG with Conor and Kavanagh. I'd match him up in a winnable but potentially exciting fight.

**Matching these two up since they are both coming off losses but are still two of Bellators more recognizable names. would probably be a pretty good fight as well. Both of them really need a win to keep themselves in title talks, Thomson lost to Pitbull Freire (#1 contenders fight I think) and Benson to Chandler (title fight) last time out..

***Like one minute after posting I read that Larkin/Lima is set for the WW title on this show. Slightly surprised since Rory is a way bigger name, he's coming off the Wonderboy loss while Larkin is coming off the Magny and Masvidal wins though. Makes sense that Rory Mac would need at least one win before getting a title shot. Koreshkov and Daley comes to mind. If Rory is ready to fight I'd have him vs Koreshkov in a title eliminator on this show, winner vs Larkin/Lima winner. Koreshkov is 1-1 with current champ Lima, so a rubber match if he could beat MacDonald would make sense.
    Last edited by OD50; March 24th, 2017 at 5:13 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    You can't put too many big names/title fights on the PPV since Bellator needs the few "names" they have to headline other cards, so I'm saving Chandler, MVP, Bader, Rampage, Mo, Warren, Freire, Shlemenko, Koreshkov, Daley, Koscheck, Budd and others for later.

/Aand just as I post that I see that Michael Chandler/Brent Primus for the LW title is official for the PPV. Kind of strange, Primus is a fairly newbie at 7-0 and I'm not even sure I've seen him fight before, he's 5-0 in Bellator but the only "name" win is against Derek Anderson, and I guess the name value there is very debatable. Maybe they wanted to do Chandler/Patricky Pitbull but Freire is injured.
    Last edited by OD50; March 24th, 2017 at 5:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rampage ought to be re-signing with UFC after the Mo rematch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage ought to be re-signing with UFC after the Mo rematch.
    I definitely see this happening.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, Rory MacDonald vs. Paul Daley is set and they have signed Michael McDonald.. Things are moving fast in Bellator land these days.

For some reason they matched up MVP with Derek Anderson, a LW who is coming off a loss. With MVP not available I wouldn't mind any combination of Chidi Njokuani/Andrei Koreshkov/Brendan Ward for WW underneath Rory/Daley and Larkin/Lima.

Personally I'd have done Koreshkov/Njokuani and MVP/Ward. Good stylistic fights. Koreshkov and Njokuani are both great technical strikers while MVP is a great counter striker and Ward is a brawler mostly moving forward. No more of that staring contest shit from MVP please. Ward is also a decent wrestler, which would be a good test of skills for MVP.
    Last edited by OD50; March 25th, 2017 at 5:28 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Marlon Moraes (18-4-1), Joe Duffy (17-2) and Justin Gaetjhe (17-0) are free agents right now, Bellator should really try to sign all three, very exciting fighters. Duffy and Gaethje would be awesome for their LW division possibly versus Chandler, and Moraes would make a great challenger for Eduardo Dantas at BW.

Reportedly Viacom has instructed Bellator to keep signing new talent, that's good news. Bellator can sign pretty much anyone they want if Viacom is opening up their pockets a bit.
    Last edited by OD50; March 30th, 2017 at 1:22 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    King Mo weighed in at 212 and Rampage at 253.. Yes, 253 lbs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck....253?!?!?!? That dude is never going back to 205. I don't think he's made weight at LHW since the last fight in the UFC prior to signing with Bellator the very first time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Their first fight was in the LHW tournament final so I assume Rampage made 205 for that one. Can't remember honestly. That was three years ago though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I forgot their fight was part of that LHW tournament. Didn't Rampage win it and then decline to fight the champ because they trained together once or had the same manager? It was dumb.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    No idea.

Just watched the weigh-ins and Rampage didn't look nearly as bad as I expected. Not ripped or anything but not fat either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He definitely looked a lot fucking bigger than King Mo but yeah i was actually shocked he didn't look like Frank Mir when he came back against Cruz lol. But you know what, can't sleep on Mo. A lot of people felt he won the first fight and he's probably fought and defeated more HW's than Rampage has.

This has to mean if he comes back to the UFC he's fighting at HW. He's not losing 50lbs and he's not losing 35 to cut 15 lol. But yeah, he didn't look like shit visually so tomorrow it'll be interesting to see how his cardio holds up being that big.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I think there's very little likelihood that his cardio isn't atrocious.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    I think there's very little likelihood that his cardio isn't atrocious.
    His cardio is something that I feel was always a weakness of his. It wasn't always terrible or anything like that but definitely over the years he's dwindled in that aspect. I mean you can tell he has so much going on just by watching that Spike doc a year or two back when he was supposed to fight Tito. His training was all over the place and he had a hard time finding time to actually work out and all that. Pretty much since A-Team his performances have lacked but I will admit one thing, he looked better than most did against Jon Jones. That was probably his last real solid performance against a true top player.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage can definitely beat King Mo. Cro Cop stopped him recently and he's way more shot than Quinton. Wouldn't mind the novelty of Rampage against Arlovski, Big Country, Hunt etc in the UFC, he might actually have a bit of success in the division since guys seem to age slower at that weight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Rampage can definitely beat King Mo. Cro Cop stopped him recently and he's way more shot than Quinton. Wouldn't mind the novelty of Rampage against Arlovski, Big Country, Hunt etc in the UFC, he might actually have a bit of success in the division since guys seem to age slower at that weight.
    Yeah I mean if he wants to fuck with guys in a division that won't just grapple him and just want to stand and trade, HW might be the place for him, especially in the UFC. All the top guys there are more than happy to stand and bang. Imagine Rampage v. Overeem...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Not the most exciting fight but better than their first one. I honestly only watched it with one eye but seemed to me a very clear 29-28, Rampage had that one flurry in the second but not much else. So, Mo goes to fight Bader in a title eliminator and Rampage probably goes to fight HW in the UFC. The rest of the card was pretty good, despite being very light on names.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, I'm skimming through the Bellator weight-classes and I'm starting to get slightly excited for Bellator's future. I've been waiting for Coker to try to turn Bellator more into a new Strikeforce, and it looks like they are slowly doing just that. Coker said on the MMA Hour that the new UFC ownership and the Reebok deal has really made it easier for them to sign new talent.

Heavyweight
    Fedor Emelianenko
    Matt Mitrione
    Sergei Kharitonov
    Bobby Lashley
    Cheick Kongo
    Vitaly Minakov (?)

Rating: 2.5/5

Light Heavyweight
    Phil Davis (c)
    King Mo
    Ryan Bader
    Liam McGeary
    Chael Sonnen
    Wanderlei Silva
    Francis Carmont
    Linton Vassel
    Alessio Sakara

Middleweight
    Rafael Carvalho (c)
    Alexander Shlemenko
    Melvin Manhoef
    Chris Honeycutt
    Rafael Lovato Jr
    Kendal Grove

Rating: 1/5

Welterweight
    Douglas Lima (c)
    Lorenz Larkin
    Rory MacDonald
    Paul Daley
    Andrei Koreshkov
    Brennan Ward
    Michael Page
    Chidi Njokuani
    Fernando Gonzalez

Rating: 3.5/5

Lightweight
    Michael Chandler (c)
    Patricky Freire
    Benson Henderson
    David Rickels
    Josh Thomson
    Brent Primus
    Adam Piccolotti
    Melvin Guillard
    Cody Pfister
    Dilon Danis

Featherweight
    Daniel Strauss (c)
    Patricio Freire
    Pat Curran
    Georgi Karakhanyan
    Goiti Yamauchi
    Emmanuel Sanchez
    AJ McKee
    John Teixeira
    Daniel Weichel
    James Gallagher
    Chinzo Machida
    Aaron Pico
    Marcos Galvao

Bantamweight
    Eduardo Dantas (c)
    Joe Warren
    Michael McDonald
    Darrion Caldwell
    LC Davis
    Darren Uyenoyama
    Sirwan Kakai
    Steve Garcia

Rating: 2/5

2.5 might be a little generous for the HW division, but I took into account that there really is no decent HW's outside of the UFC to sign. Best thing they can hope for is for some "names" like Andrei Arlovski, Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson to get cut from the UFC.

Said it before but I'd really like to see them go after free agents Joe Duffy (LW), Marlon Moraes (BW) and Justin Gaethje (LW). Ben Askren at WW would nice too. Scott Coker is a mark for striking though and the chance of Askren winning and holding on to the title against more exciting fighters via wet blanket is something I'm guessing he's not too thrilled about.

Still a work in progress of course, so far WW is the one sticking out.
    Last edited by OD50; April 1st, 2017 at 7:09 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Bellator is looking pretty sweet. Always enjoyed it once I started following it thanks to Dubya for pointing out that it was on the rise well before any of us here could have predicted.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roy Nelson has signed with Bellator. He can't be any worse than Kongo.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I think Cheick Kongo is the most boring fighter on the planet presently. His last fight was an abomination.

Good for Roy though, he's clearly on a sharp decline but signing with Bellator will give him some renewed hype and a couple of more years of getting paid decently.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god that Kongo fight was a special kind of awful. And they were on tape delay, they could have swapped that fight out for a good prelim contest!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know it's bad when 2 guys are just out there in all black gym shorts doing nothing. Maybe I'm wrong but was Kongo always this boring? Seemed like there was a good stretch in the UFC where he was pretty entertaining, could it have been the Mir and Barry fights that made him so gun shy? This dude is like a former champion kickboxer, correct? Dude doesn't throw hands, his grappling is that of Jon Fitch or Matt Lindland style where it's used to simply neutralize the opponent. No offense, no defense, just holding. And at HW that's boring as fuck because it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kongo has been like this for quite a while now

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Getting his lights turned off by Hunt and Nelson probably turned him into a safety-first fighter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember when he was the hot UFC prospect and in contention discussions. Dude looks like a million bucks. I think the Mir fight ruined him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Saturday is Bellator's 2nd ppv. Very interested in this card, just not going to order it unfortunately.

Do I want to see Fedor and Wanderlai get knocked out by 2 people I don't really care for? Not really haha. And that's exactly what I think is going to happen. I think Meathead is going to knockout Fedor in the first 3 minutes, if that. I think Wanderlai is going to try and clinch up Chael, try to throw some dirty shots, then he'll get taken down and Chael will put him to sleep with a few punches and call it a day. Then again, Chael looked like he didn't give a fuck that last time I saw him fight against Tito so I could definitely see Wanderlai winning. The problem with Wandy is that he's wayyyy too emotionally invested in this one and he's not the steroid serial killer that he was in Pride so it could work against him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Silva vs. Sonnen fight because Sonnen is just shot. In a post-TRT world he looks deflated. Looked terrible against Ortiz. If Wanderlei is to return after 4 years I'm glad it's against a flake with a big name. That's not to say Sonnen can't win, but the thought of something like Wand vs. Bader makes me shudder. Vitor, Sonnen, Ortiz (if he wants another payday), Fedor and Rampage are the only fights for him. Hope he destroys Sonnen and think he probably does. Wand ties him up defensively on the ground and eventually hurts him. Might lose a couple rounds but he'll get to him.

Fedor vs. Mitrione is kind of similar. Meathead is definitely on the fade chin-wise so Fedor can knock him out. Unfortunately I feel Mitrione's strengths don't match up well for his weaknesses so see Fedor getting knocked out. If he wins though, so game for Fedor vs. Rampage.

Larkin vs. Lima is a superb fight. Larkin is great to watch. That Magny whooping was unreal. Larkin hits hard and is very talented but see Larkin being too sharp and taking him out to the body.

Chandler vs. Primus should be either a war or another spectacular performance by Chandler. He's another all action beast. Primus is unproven and undefeated so you never know.

Aaron Pico pro debut is interesting considering the hype.

Davis vs. Bader is not a fight I'm gagging to see but it determines the #4 light heavyweight so a big fight. Wisely on the prelims too. Hopefully they open up a bit, Davis was stunted offensively in their first fight so he needs to do something. Leaning Bader on points.

James Gallagher in front of a NYC crowd should be fun against Chinzo Machida.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't the King Mo fight the last fight Rampage had for Bellator? Thought the misunderstanding with fans was they thought he only had 1 fight left prior to fighting Fabio in UFC but he actually had 2 fights left. So you had Ishii and King Mo as his last 2? I would like to see Fedor v. Rampage.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    McGregor has gone mad.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Publicitttttty

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Half of reddit trying to say he's off his nut on Charlie as well.
    TAPS AFF!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Publicitttttty
    Could be but what he has done could get him banned for a year. It's happened to others. If they don't do something they are setting a precedent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Money talks is the precedent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares about McGregor, let's talk about this fucked up HW tournament? Frank Mir v. Fedor in Round 1. Crazy. No Lashley though. That kind of thing is why Lashley will never be in big money fights.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fedor/Mir is interesting but would have been far moreso in 2010 or so. I like the idea of possibly seeing Rampage vs Fedor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor/Mir is interesting but would have been far moreso in 2010 or so. I like the idea of possibly seeing Rampage vs Fedor.
    I think another weird aspect is Bader is in the tournament. The LHW champion in a HW tournament, for the HW championship. IMO, they should have just done a 4-man tournament. I just have a bad feeling about this thanks to Strikeforce's failed GP.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Bader manages to win this his stock will be through the roof.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Bader manages to win this his stock will be through the roof.
    Honestly he's one of the favorites imo. He's a big 205 for starters. A lot of these dudes are battle ridden. I could see him beating everyone and he's honestly the only guy in that tournament I can say that about because everyone else for the most part are too beaten up and/or one dimensional.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jack swagger has signed with Bellator MMA, joining the heavyweight division

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Jack swagger has signed with Bellator MMA, joining the heavyweight division
    He's fucked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they can buy Swagger a couple of wins against some guys with no takedown defence, him against Lashley could do a big number.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it. Bobby Lashley might be a "name" in the wrestling community who remembers him from 10 years ago but in the MMA world, Lashley is not a draw of any kind in my opinion. He strays but any worthy fights and nobody cares when he's on a card. When was the last time anyone came in and said "Can't wait to see Lashley". I would count Sherdog as a top 3 MMA site and their board is littered with MMA fans and never do I really read shit about Lashley.

And Swagger doesn't really have the CM Punk following from pro wrestling. Other than poor Donald on this board I don't know any fans of his. 35+ doing MMA, hasn't wrestled in college since he was 22. Not saying you lose EVERYTHING when you're a natural athlete like Swagger but still....

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's fucked.
    Not necessarily, his wrestling credentials are on point. Pair him vs a few lower tier HWs with poor takedown defense and it should be easy enough to pad his record and get cage experience for a few years until taking a step up in competition. While his age would normally be a detriment HW is a different animal and older fighters tend to have more success in that division compared to the rest.

I personally wish him well. With his prior exposure I can see him being valuable in the UFC's eyes by the time his contract is up for renewal. Assuming he can maintain a winning record.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not really been a fight between two famous pro wrestlers, in the US at least. It would be a big novelty. Not that individually I think they'd draw, but the story is untouched upon and I feel would get a reasonable amount of crossover attention.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know too many HW's though that come in to the game @ 35 who haven't been doing anything legit for 15 years=successful. He should do better than CM Punk did. Put him against that diaper fighter from Saturday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd rather they kept diaper boy off my television.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    There's not really been a fight between two famous pro wrestlers, in the US at least. It would be a big novelty. Not that individually I think they'd draw, but the story is untouched upon and I feel would get a reasonable amount of crossover attention.
    Eh, that's where I'll have to politely disagree. They're not famous. Lashley hasn't been relevant since the Trump Mania and I highly doubt any casual fan remembers him. Swagger has been a low card talent for the majority of his career and pretty much irrelevant the entire time. So what you have is a fight that would appeal to die hard pro wrestling fans and maybe a 5th of that crowd would even look it up on youtube. 2 guys in their late 30's early 40's who used to be WWE wrestlers isn't really appealing to even someone like me who loves these kind of "freak show" fights.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather they kept diaper boy off my television.
    The most horrendous thing I've seen since Anderson's leg break lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I still can't get over him being the betting favorite vs a former UFC champion who prior to Saturday had only ever fought world class opposition. He was 1-0 UFC vs Tim Wilson.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't get over him being the betting favorite vs a former UFC champion who prior to Saturday had only ever fought world class opposition. He was 1-0 UFC vs Tim Wilson.
    That shows you how little faith some have in Arlovski. Diaper Boy 4 Life

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That shows you how little faith some have in Arlovski. Diaper Boy 4 Life
    Absolutely, it also shows me that many people who bet on MMA are idiots.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, it also shows me that many people who bet on MMA are idiots.
    lol. True. I'll be honest...All I kept thinking was Arlovski for sure better retire if diaper baby boy knocked him out. Imagine that kid getting full mount or the north-south position? I'd be tapping out with the quickness before I'd like that kid shit all over my face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone thinking watching TUF 10 that Matt Mitrione would have a W over Fedor? Sad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocked this is the first time they've fought. Cro Cop is on an 8 fight winning streak, let that sink in. Even at HW that's impressive.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They fought in the UFC.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fought in the UFC.
    Weird I must have scrolled down too fast or the weed was still blurring my vision haha. Nelson with a 3rd round TKO the first time they fought.

I kind of want to see Cro Cop and Pat Barry fight again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Too bad Mirko/Arlovski aren't in the same company right about now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Too bad Mirko/Arlovski aren't in the same company right about now.
    Yeah that'd be sweet. One of the few dream matches left for me at HW from the early days. Now if we could just get Fedor v. Barnett somehow.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Weird I must have scrolled down too fast or the weed was still blurring my vision haha. Nelson with a 3rd round TKO the first time they fought.

I kind of want to see Cro Cop and Pat Barry fight again.
    I'm pretty happy with this rematch (Gonzaga already got his..). CC had a torn left bicep in their first fight which fucked things up, hopefully this one will end differently. Not sure CC will fight more than once for Bellator since he will retire on NYE, but just in case they still have CC beaters Cheick Kongo, Frank Mir and Fedor on their roster..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy that Fedor and Cro Cop only fought once when Fedor and Nog fought like 80 times.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    They only had 2 full fights.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only had 2 full fights.
    I'm pretty sure it was 80. Look it up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Checked wiki and it was actually 81.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Kind of a shame it never happened, I was expecting CC/Fedor 2 after CC won the OWGP in '06 but he left for the UFC after. Fedor defended the HW title against Mark Hunt that NYE. Can't remember but that spot was probably meant for the OWGP winner.

Shit, I'd take CC/Fedor 2 In Bellator 2018 even if it's totally irrelevant.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean in all honesty, MMA promotions don't all need to cater to the idea that every fight should be about climbing the ranks and being champion. Especially nowadays when the path to the title isn't always about winning fights. Bellator seems to welcome the idea that Cro Cop v. Roy Nelson isn't a title contender fight. Fedor v. Cro Cop 2 fits that mold.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor advances after dispatching Frank Mir in about 1:45 in the first round. He goes on to face Chael Sonnen.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Versus an old fat Frank Mir, and he showed again just how much slower and chinny he's become ... but still couldn't be happier for Fedor to put another name down and walk out hand raised.

Pretty cool simply for what it was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Versus an old fat Frank Mir, and he showed again just how much slower and chinny he's become ... but still couldn't be happier for Fedor to put another name down and walk out hand raised.

Pretty cool simply for what it was.
    Oh yeah he got tagged early but the W is all I care about haha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

Not saying Mir is a top fighter these days but he definitely wasn't fat for this fight. Compare him this Saturday to his last UFC fight for example, he looked to be in pretty damn good shape to me.
    Last edited by OD50; April 30th, 2018 at 6:52 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    That's fair. Suppose I just have a bias for some reason that Mir is always a fat old fighter now.

And I say that as someone who's always been a fan of the fat old dude.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    He used to look like this for a while back in the day so I don't blame you. Probably was for the first couple of fights after the crash.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    And maybe it's just me, but Mir seems to have his shorts waay too far down all the time. Are we actually seeing pubes in the top pic..?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People on both sides are being extremely passionate on Sherdog over this fight, as if it wasn't between two over-the-hill has-beens with zero relevance to the current HW landscape. Fedor/Chael is noteworthy mostly because the latter will have fought the MW, LHW, and HW GOAT and I will certainly watch but come on. Bellator is essentially a legends league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I get your point, but ya, sherdog..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    If Bellator decreased their shows by like 50% they could put together some pretty damn excellent cards. They have plenty of talent but far from enough to fill out the number of shows they're doing now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the legends league. I'd love it if Mir, Cro Cop, Fedor, Rampage, Shogun, Wand, Sonnen, Anderson, Barnett, Lil Nog etc. just all fought amongst themselves until they're ready to hang them up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I agree. A lot of people hate on the older guys hanging on to fighting despite being over the hill, but if they just compete among themselves what's the harm? Some match ups are ludicrous, like Belfort/Gastelum, but Belfort/Machida? Why not.

I'm really looking forward to CC/Nelson 2 actually. I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor/Mitrione 2 in the HWGP finals either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherdog.....The fucking AOL chatroom of MMA.

It's hard to call some of these guys irrelevant when their numbers are better than guys who are supposedly relevant. And if we're relevant simply because we fight in the UFC then let's just take a step back and count how many current UFC HW's that have debuted in the last 10 years that are household names. I can think of maybe 2, 1 who doesn't even fight (Cain V) and the other is hit or miss (JDS). Outside of that, they had to do a champ v. champ PLUS a TUF gig to really push their current HW champion. Because nobody cared and shit they might not care that he's fighting Cormier. I mean, Dana White literally said that there's a good chance Brock Lesnar will fight the winner lol. 42 year old Brock Lesnar with no business other than the making fat $$$ business being in a title fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Bellators best rated shows so far:

Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie: 1.96 million viewers average.
    Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock: 1.58 million viewers average.
    Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen: 1.4 million viewers average.

Bellator 197 on April 13; Chandler vs. Girtz averaged 242,000 viewers. Fedor vs. Mir seems to have averaged 581,000 viewers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rampage is soooo fat these days. Hard to watch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rampage is soooo fat these days. Hard to watch.
    Where do you think it went wrong? Do we trace it all the way back to losing to Forrest Griffin? A-Team? He had a few bursts where he looked like the Rampage of old. The Jones fight, some of the early Bellator fights. I just wonder if not just injuries but maybe getting a taste of that non-MMA life did something. I mean, we saw that same thing (IMO) happen to Chuck Liddell and to an extent Ronda Rousey. They let the Hollywood life grab them by the throat and thought they would just be able to coast to victories.

But again, Rampage has shown some bursts but I mean fuck dude, he lost to Chael Sonnen who fucking tapped out to TITO ORTIZ like a bitch in like 2 minutes. That's just a sorry ass loss imo and Rampage should just call it a day. He could still do some shit in Hollywood, he's doing it here and there and he's a great personality.

Fuck man I was just watching him in Pride, his debut against Sakuraba, what a fun fight for the 3 minutes it lasted lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone please explain to me what the fuck is going on with 50 Cent and Bellator. I'm hearing he signed a 3-fight deal and he for sure has been calling out Rampage Jackson of all fucking people lol.