Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 1524

Thread: Bellator Fighting Championships

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess, I had never heard of Anastasia before and then I read a lot about her on other forums and bought into hype that this girl was like a flyweight Ronda Rousey or something. She was a -470 favorite and all the talk for the fight was about her.

I guess based on her striking she is kind of like Ronda Rousey.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I guess, I had never heard of Anastasia before and then I read a lot about her on other forums and bought into hype that this girl was like a flyweight Ronda Rousey or something. She was a -470 favorite and all the talk for the fight was about her.

I guess based on her striking she is kind of like Ronda Rousey.
    She had a lot of hype coming in because she's a bad ass Muay Thai fighter who trains with some top cats like Benson Henderson who went on record to say he could see her being the next Ronda Rousey. What I liked about her is that after the fight she was like, thanks for the split decision but I want a rematch against this girl.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Is this your Eva Marie of WMMA?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. Benefit of the doubt. I'm not buying into Benson's hype about her possibly being the next R3. It's like every time you'd hear Dana White say that or that there was this new Anderson Silva (Philipe Nover, Uriah Hall). Nobody buys into that kind of hype except casual fans who don't know any better.

Honestly, like I said, you're not going to have too many refined fighters with only 3 fights under their belt. Look at Ronda Rousey for Christ's sake. Arguably the best WMMA fighter ever and her stand up game is jank even though she's knocked out women with ease in several fights.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    But you're touting her. If she looked like the dmv looking employee she just fought we wouldn't hear a peep.

She's just some 3 fight havin' broad trying to make a lane. Ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by percussion13 View Post
    But you're touting her. If she looked like the dmv looking employee she just fought we wouldn't hear a peep.

She's just some 3 fight havin' broad trying to make a lane. Ok.
    I didn't tout her outside of being hot. Go back and look at my original posts from Friday, did I once mention anything about her skills? Nope. Now after the fact I did say "here's where the hype comes from", because she was a bad ass MT fighter, because Benson gave her props directed toward what her future COULD hold, the odds were pretty good in her favor as well....

I mean seriously, what the hell were you expecting out of her based on my original posts? She's got the exact same hype Gina Carano had coming in to MMA. Super hot MT fighter making a transition to MMA....

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gina Carano is way hotter

Again, in the ring Anastasia looked like a frumpy dumpling

Maybe it was that time of the month and she was bloated, but she didn't look like the girl in these airbrushed pictures

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gina Carano is way hotter

Again, in the ring Anastasia looked like a frumpy dumpling

Maybe it was that time of the month and she was bloated, but she didn't look like the girl in these airbrushed pictures
    Of course she's way hotter but that wasn't what I said lol.

Damn Sped you're pretty savage today with the incite lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I didn't tout her outside of being hot. Go back and look at my original posts from Friday, did I once mention anything about her skills? Nope. Now after the fact I did say "here's where the hype comes from", because she was a bad ass MT fighter, because Benson gave her props directed toward what her future COULD hold, the odds were pretty good in her favor as well....

I mean seriously, what the hell were you expecting out of her based on my original posts? She's got the exact same hype Gina Carano had coming in to MMA. Super hot MT fighter making a transition to MMA....
    I guess I got mixed up that weren't bringing her up in the world of modeling. My bad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I got mixed up that weren't bringing her up in the world of modeling. My bad.
    lol don't be a goon about it. You want to come in here and dog a hot MMA fighter for not being Anderson Silva because you assumed I posted hot ass pictures of her based on talent....Dude if I wanted to tout her skill level I would have posted youtube videos of her previous fights and what she did as a MT fighter, maybe posted some interviews of people praising her potential. But I didn't, I gave you cats something to put in your spank bank and this is how you repay me? With semantics?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Wanna do a buzzfeed top WMMA hottest?

Us cats can contribute.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Seriously though, you brought the chick up and then went on defending her when people said she stunk.

Which she did.

Unless you'd prefer we just continue praising her attractiveness what else is there to talk about her?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, you brought the chick up and then went on defending her when people said she stunk.

Which she did.

Unless you'd prefer we just continue praising her attractiveness what else is there to talk about her?
    I wasn't necessarily defending her as much as I was answering what the hype was all about. I told you what the hype was all about, that still doesn't mean I'm touting her in a positive outside of her looks. I'm giving someone with 3 fights the benefit of the doubt, that's on you and anyone else who took me posting hot ass pictures of her as a sign that she was great lol. Who the fuck is great, especially in WMMA,with 3 fights? She has potential, she's young in the game, so I can see where the hype is coming from. Just because she looked sloppy doesn't mean the potential isn't there but again, I didn't come in here and say "If you're on the fence about watching Bellator, check out the future Cyborg Santos!!" Nope. Just hot pics.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Nice sub from Joe Warren. Not a fan of Sirwan Kakai, always nice seeing him lose. He's like 0-3 in Bellator/UFC now I think.

Russian chick looked really bad. They said she was a Muay Thai "World champion" didn't they? I can only find that she became Russian Muay Thai champion in 2011 (-51 kilo). I saw that clip of her shadow boxing backstage pre fight and was like wtf?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was it Ronda Rousey bad or just bad for someone who's supposedly known for their stand-up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fight looked like the last 2 minutes of Bonnar-Griffin 1, it was actually a very entertaining fight with 2 fighters just going balls to the wall. Was the technique sloppy? Yes. But I wouldn't say Rousey bad lol. This is what I get for trying to add some material to the spank bank.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK moving on from the russian girl who almost got knocked out by an overnight Target employee and wasn't very hot

any reason why Bellator doesn't make their main events 5 rounds?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last question, what the fuck is up with the DMV/Target comments toward Veta Arteaga? The DMV one almost sounds borderline racist considering the amount of blacks and latinos that generally work at the DMV but maybe it's just an Iowa thing lol. But I have to wonder, if Veta was hot would anyone have cared or is coming down to the weird jealousy ugly ass dudes/women have toward good looking people? Anyway....

5 rounds for Bellator? Who knows. Just different views I guess. Was it Bellator or Strikeforce that didn't allow elbows to the head on the ground? I know Pride didn't but I also know a US promotion didn't allow them as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    One last question, what the fuck is up with the DMV/Target comments toward Veta Arteaga? The DMV one almost sounds borderline racist considering the amount of blacks and latinos that generally work at the DMV but maybe it's just an Iowa thing lol. But I have to wonder, if Veta was hot would anyone have cared or is coming down to the weird jealousy ugly ass dudes/women have toward good looking people? Anyway....
    She didn't look at all like a peak performing athlete. A dmv employee isn't typically a peak performing athlete.

Fuck off with any racist nonsense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seriously. I was going to mention that and refrained but now that the ice has been broken it is incredibly annoying when people randomly pull the race card for no reason whatsoever and it's even worse when its a white person randomly getting offended for them. Reminds me of how angry and intolerable you got when Sonnen said something corny about brazilians and you called him 'racist'. As if Maia, Gadelha, and Anderson Silva are all the same race.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    5 rounds for Bellator? Who knows. Just different views I guess. Was it Bellator or Strikeforce that didn't allow elbows to the head on the ground? I know Pride didn't but I also know a US promotion didn't allow them as well.
    Strikeforce allowed standing elbows but not elbows on the ground I believe, until Zuffa bought them that is. In Bellator I think elbows to the head were illegal during the old tournament format days. They were legal in the finals though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Was it Ronda Rousey bad or just bad for someone who's supposedly known for their stand-up.
    Generally pretty bad I think, for a supposed Muay Thai "World champion" it was dreadful. Like I mentioned earlier though, can't find any MT credentials besides Russian champion in 2011.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Id like to hear the justification for outlawing grounded elbows but stomps to the head being legal.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Reason for no elbows in Pride (ditto for Strikeforce) was to decrease cuts and making it harder for wrestlers to "LnP". If you can't use your elbows you have to posture up more to do damage, giving the guy on the bottom more of a chance to escape/sweep/get back to his feet. That was their reasoning at least. Sean Sherk for example got one fight in Pride which he won via boring "ground controll"/LnP. He was never invited back. Stomps/soccer kicks might have been brutal, but at least they were very exciting to fans.

In Bellator, elbows in the quarter and semi-finals were illegal due to the possibility of cuts causing guys to not being able to continue in the tournament. I think the quarters/semis/finals were held within just a matter of weeks back then.
    Last edited by OD50; September 21st, 2016 at 6:50 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Just double checked, and Eddie Alvarez for example fought three times April-June in 2009 when he won the first Bellator LW tournament.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tito v. Chael Jan 21st on Spike TV has been made official. Now let's see if Tito can make it in one piece to the fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel vs. heel... interesting approach. Imagine the trash talk.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom_Axe View Post
    Heel vs. heel... interesting approach. Imagine the trash talk.
    Chael was smart calling out Tito. They both have a strong fan base as well as a strong base of fans who dislike them and would watch just to see them both knock each other out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellator 162 airs tomorrow night on Spike. Pretty decent looking card. A few names on there. Main event is the returning Alexander Shlemenko who really hasn't been the same since Tito choked him out v. Kendall Grove. Also on the card you have fights featuring Bobby Lashley (probably why they had him lose the TNA title just like the last time they had him lose the TNA title, in case he lost his upcoming MMA fight--still don't get the reasoning behind that but whatever), plus Julia Budd who's a very solid 145 female MMA fighter, Ryan Couture is on the card. I'll def be checking this out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kimbo Slice's son Baby Slice was supposed to fight tomorrow against Rick Bing. Apparently Bing is 25lbs over the 170 limit which this fight was supposed to happen that they cancelled the fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several MMA websites are claiming a bout between Fedor and Meathead Mitrione is in the works for early 2017 in Bellator.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, it's on in February.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting/random.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Really good fight between Benson and Chandler there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really wish Bellator had pulled in Fedor before the Rizin fights so I could feign some excitement to see him fight Mitrione.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I wouldn't be surprised to see him get beat, I think he'll barred Mitrione like Sylvia.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I was like, man Fedor's mystique has taken a hit and Meathead will probably fuck him up. I was thinking of that Fabio fight. But then I remembered when that Iron Head dude from Pride almost knocked him the fuck out and that was when Fedor was just hitting his prime.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I do wonder if things don't go well for Fedor against Mitrione will Bellator start giving him the Kimbo treatment and just feed him absolute jobbers to retain their investment in Fedor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone give me the rundown....Is Fedor actually signing with Bellator? I know the Rizin fight was just Bellator and Rizin co-promoting an event together to show on Spike but is this going to be under the Bellator banner or the Rizin banner? I know M-1 is getting in on this as Fedor isn't allowed to do anything without them getting a piece of his pie. I'll be super pissed if Meathead beats him but it's a fight that Fedor should be taking. I'm not saying he's a mid tier fighter these days in terms of drawing ability but skill wise, like many, Father Time is catching up to him and he's not going to come in and tear up a guy like Junior Dos Santos any time soon or keeping it Bellator, a guy like Cheick Kongo. Kind of surprised they didn't try to lobby a fight with Lashley but maybe they did and Lashley was like, wait, someone who's actually halfway decent? Fuck that!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    It's a regular Bellator show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just reading an interview Sherdog posted that Chael Sonnen did and in it he talks about how him and Tito actually wrestled each other in college back in 1998 on Tito's birthday and he beat Tito in 44 seconds. That's crazy how shit comes full circle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Similar to how Weidman and Bader wrestled each other in college (the Chris won).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Woodley and Hendricks as well I believe. Or was it Askren and Hendricks? Maybe both.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Jack Swagger and Cain wrestle each other in college?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Riddle beat Jon Jones.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ahaha you're kidding? I haven't heard that one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks so sad and dejected.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is one of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about you cats but I am pumped for this upcoming card headlined by Chael and Tito. Looking forward to that fight. Daley v. Ward should be a really good scrap. You've got Ultimate Fighter whatever alum Kevin Casey on the undercard. The battle of the Dereks between Derek Campos and Derek Anderson. Georgi Karakhanyan is on the card, I like that guy a lot. Ralek Gracie returns after 7 fucking years with only 3 fights on his resume (one being a win over Gracie Hunter Sakuraba!).

But yeah, Tito's retirement fight against Chael. I think it'll be a good fight. Definitely not the snooze fest Tito v. Bonnar was.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I like Daley/Ward. Could be fireworks.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Spectacular work by Semtex. Spotted it, sold out for it, nailed it. Great shit, man. Rory would be cool as hell here.

So Tito goes out (if he stays out) a petty chump winner. Good for him. Couldn't have gone out in a more fitting fashion.

And kinda fuck whoever commentates for Bellator as well for mentioning his petty chumpness without calling it out as should've been. Petty fuckin chump.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wasn't able to watch this so can you elaborate? 1st round RNC doesn't seem too shabby.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    About his being an ever insecure twat and hanging on to the choke well past the result.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Rampage/Mo II at Bellator 170 announced. Rampage is 2-0 since the last fight and Mo 8-2.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The rematch requested by nobody. Rampage/Tito and Rampage/Chael would have been better. Or fuck it, why not Phil Davis?

So will this be Rampage's last obligated fight with Viacom?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Seems he agreed to a two fight deal with Bellator after the Maldonado fight, so yes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he beats Mo, the light heavyweight division is so shallow he can probably pick which title he wants to challenge for in his next fight. He belongs in the UFC honestly, I like to have all the former champs in there really, easy TV main event all of them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About his being an ever insecure twat and hanging on to the choke well past the result.
    Yeah it's funny that Tito was one of the first guys back in the day to bring that smack talk into MMA. When I was watching the press conference a few days before the fight it was almost like role reversal where Chael was Tito and Tito was Ken Shamrock back at that 2002 press conference where Ken tried to hit Tito with a chair. Tito even said the line Shamrock said to him that made Tito laugh "I'm going to beat him into the living dead", it was almost like this entire thing was scripted lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Rampage/Mo II at Bellator 170 announced. Rampage is 2-0 since the last fight and Mo 8-2.
    At HW as well because the days of Rampage getting under 206lbs. are apparently dead and gone.

The rematch requested by nobody. Rampage/Tito and Rampage/Chael would have been better. Or fuck it, why not Phil Davis?

So will this be Rampage's last obligated fight with Viacom?
    Rampage apparently wanted the fight. Probably because some fans thought Mo won the fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Ortiz...good send off. Anyone have a gif of Sonnen getting choked out by Ortiz? How many submission losses does he have now? 10? I've lost count. He stalled, and Ortiz got on top, Sonnen gave his back, and Ortiz cranked his neck into oblivion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to look up Chael's record at LHW because it seemed like he was pretty terrible at that weight class compared to MW and while he does have some wins, he doesn't have many. Especially in the last 10 years. His only win at LHW since 2003 was against Shogun Rua a few years back.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Congrats to Ortiz...good send off. Anyone have a gif of Sonnen getting choked out by Ortiz? How many submission losses does he have now? 10? I've lost count. He stalled, and Ortiz got on top, Sonnen gave his back, and Ortiz cranked his neck into oblivion.
    Don't think Chael stalled so much as Tito did a great job of being evasive with his hips to avoid a guillotine and landed Chael in a terrible bottom position.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seemed like Tito trained specifically for that ending. His post-fight breakdown was spot on, everything they trained for in that position happened, it was like they knew it was going to go down that way....And I say it like that because there are some fans who are screaming "rigged". Bas Rutten, when talking about the fight being treated as such, broke it down, saying no way, that Tito caught him in what is referred to as a "blood choke". Basically instead of crushing your opponents windpipe with your own arm you use their jaw to submit them and it's something Bas has used in the past and he says he's seeing it more and more in the present day.

I still strongly suggest everyone who hasn't seen it go watch the press conference from last week, Chael had some really really good zingers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It seemed like Tito trained specifically for that ending. His post-fight breakdown was spot on, everything they trained for in that position happened, it was like they knew it was going to go down that way....And I say it like that because there are some fans who are screaming "rigged". Bas Rutten, when talking about the fight being treated as such, broke it down, saying no way, that Tito caught him in what is referred to as a "blood choke". Basically instead of crushing your opponents windpipe with your own arm you use their jaw to submit them and it's something Bas has used in the past and he says he's seeing it more and more in the present day.

I still strongly suggest everyone who hasn't seen it go watch the press conference from last week, Chael had some really really good zingers.
    So a crank basically. I'd like to see a gif.

Re Chael zingers though, I'm good. His promos are way too manufactured imo and they worked for him during his heyday but it's hard getting into his trash talk when there are guys in the UFC now who are much better at it and more authentic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would Bellator rig a fight so Tito won, when he's stepping away from competition? They just signed Sonnen, if they were going to pay someone to take a dive Tito would've made more sense. Now their big fight with the Axe Murderer is less appealing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a crank basically. I'd like to see a gif.

Re Chael zingers though, I'm good. His promos are way too manufactured imo and they worked for him during his heyday but it's hard getting into his trash talk when there are guys in the UFC now who are much better at it and more authentic.
    Did you watch it Mark? You know me, not exactly the biggest Chael fun but holy shit the stuff he was ripping Tito on during that, it was great stuff. To be honest, I agree with what you're saying about Chael's stuff being a little light on the authentic side but very very very few guys in any company can hang with him on the mic. But he also has more of a Ali meets The Rock promo style. Seriously I don't even know if I could come up with more than 3 fighters not named Conor McGregor that are as entertaining on the stick as Chael.

Why would Bellator rig a fight so Tito won, when he's stepping away from competition? They just signed Sonnen, if they were going to pay someone to take a dive Tito would've made more sense. Now their big fight with the Axe Murderer is less appealing.
    Chael can talk you into the venue though so there's no worry about him winning or losing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Goldberg tweeted Tito Ortiz a congratulations type tweet but also threw in "Thank you for shutting his mouth!" Do you think that has anything to do with the videos of Chael kind of slandering Goldberg quite a bit over the years? Not saying Chael's in the wrong, if you listen to the stuff he says it's extremely hard to disagree with Chael. Here's a video where Chael talks about Goldberg being bad for MMA. The thing is, he wasn't saying Goldberg was a piece of shit or anything just that he thought Goldberg was too much of a mark for himself, which is how a lot of people portray him as, including people he's cool with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did you watch it Mark? You know me, not exactly the biggest Chael fun but holy shit the stuff he was ripping Tito on during that, it was great stuff. To be honest, I agree with what you're saying about Chael's stuff being a little light on the authentic side but very very very few guys in any company can hang with him on the mic. But he also has more of a Ali meets The Rock promo style. Seriously I don't even know if I could come up with more than 3 fighters not named Conor McGregor that are as entertaining on the stick as Chael.

Chael can talk you into the venue though so there's no worry about him winning or losing.
    Bisping, Cruz, and yes Nate Diaz.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May 19th in London, Rory MacDonald v. Paul Daley @ 170lbs. I thought Rory was actually going up to MW but I guess not. Should be a good fight.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think Rory handles him easily

Have not seen much Daley since his Nick Diaz fight. Is he capable of stopping takedowns yet?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think Rory handles him easily

Have not seen much Daley since his Nick Diaz fight. Is he capable of stopping takedowns yet?
    Yeah for the most part but not against a guy at the level of Rory. With that said, Daley still hits like Chuck in his prime so he could definitely knock out Rory.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor on Saturday then, supported by quite an appealing undercard. Thomson vs. Pitbull is a great co-main, and Kongo and Koscheck fighting too. Come for the names, stay for the scraps. Hoping Fedor can pull it off but Mitrione is a proper big boy whereas in this era Fedor should probably fight at middleweight. Alas, Meathead doesn't have a great chin and his ground game is terrible so Fedor isn't without his chances, but Matt should be too big, strong and hit too hard. They've missed a massive trick by not having this be a title fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot the fight was this coming weekend until last night I was watching COPS on Spike and saw the advertisement.

I'm not even sure what Bellator's HW title situation is. Coker said we would see a new HW champion in the first quarter. That's not going to happen unless there's some fight in March we don't know about and even then all they really have is Lashley. I don't think the former champ is coming back anytime soon considering Coker, Bjork, and Bellator in general let him fight elsewhere for the last 3 years while he was champ lol. Sounds about right with Coker who allowed Overeem to fight elsewhere for 2-3 years while he was SF champion, only defending the title one time I believe.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Minakov (18-0) is about as legit a HW you will find outside of the UFC, strange that Bellator let him go the way they did

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Minakov (18-0) is about as legit a HW you will find outside of the UFC, strange that Bellator let him go the way they did
    Thought he was just stripped but not cut?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    No idea. He hasn't fought for Bellator in three years though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean on one hand, what does Bellator's HW division even have to offer? He already beat Kongo, outside of that.....King Mo sometimes dabbles in HW, Rampage will be gone after the Mo fight and the only reason that fight is HW is because Rampage is too lazy to cut weight even though he keeps accepting fights at LHW.....Lashley doesn't want jack to do with anyone with any level of skill. Lashley would be just fine fighting the Wes Sims of the HW division. Fedor's not a Bellator fighter. So you have Meathead, Oli Thompson which I'm not even sure if he signed with Bellator or is just doing this one fight with Kongo. That's pretty much it lol. Pretty much every other HW of worth is in the UFC or Brandon Vera who is in OneFC.

Brandon Vera v. Fedor would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    It's pretty much impossible to get a good HW division going outside of the UFC. Hell, even the UFC's HW division isn't all that enthralling anymore.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the best big men athletes are in other sports that pay more $$$

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean HW has always been shallow. At times even LHW is shallow. So I get that it's hard to find bigger guys to fill the void so to speak but HW's are out there. I honestly believe some of them, like kickboxers, don't like the idea of having USADA knocking on their door or drug testing in general which is why you find a lot of K-1 guys in other organizations that have lighter or non-existent drug testing. That's just my personal opinion.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is shallow, because guys that naturally big without the use of PEDs (esp now that USADA is cleaning house) and cut down to those weights are hard to find

and those who are and are naturally gifted would probably opt to go to one of the more higher paying sports first; soccer, football, basketball, etc

finding a naturally gifted big man who has all the intangibles and can take a punch

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah bugger. Fedor vs Mitrione pulled at the last minute as Meathead has fallen ill.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    You'd he must be near fucking death to pull from this one right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mitrione is a prick anyways. Too bad Rampage is fighting Mo again, him vs Fedor would be $$$.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's pretty much impossible to get a good HW division going outside of the UFC. Hell, even the UFC's HW division isn't all that enthralling anymore.
    Francis Ngannou and BLACK BEAST are two of the most exciting prospects in the UFC period nevermind just HW. Plus Stipe has a few fresh matches in Cain, Barnett, the aforementioned big black men after another win or two, even a Struve rematch if he redeems himself vs JDS (and i think he will). The division is actually looking up compared to the state it was in just a year ago.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little unsure, are you talking about Struve redeeming himself against JDS or Stipe redeeming himself against JDS. I'm not sure whether you are aware that JDS is signed to rematch Stipe for the title at 211, or whether you still think JDS is fighting Struve.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the division is in a reasonable place, particularly if Black Beast wins tonight. Overeem and Werdum need a tiebreaker, Stipe has never fought Velasquez and has 2 unavenged losses (though Struve has work to do to get there), Overeem and Velasquez never fought, and Ngannou and Lewis haven't fought any of the top guys. Big Ben is capable too. If they can get Minakov in too, undefeated former Bellator champion, then there's some fights to be had.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm a little unsure, are you talking about Struve redeeming himself against JDS or Stipe redeeming himself against JDS. I'm not sure whether you are aware that JDS is signed to rematch Stipe for the title at 211, or whether you still think JDS is fighting Struve.
    Talking about if Stipe redeems himself vs JDS first. Granted Stipe/Stefan 2 probably makes more sense if Stipe loses to JDS.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how ass backwards Bellator is.

So the main event tomorrow night is Marloes Coenen v. Julia Budd for the inaugral 145 championship. Marloes is coming off a loss to Alexis Dufresne, who tapped her in on 10 days notice and Alexis is fighting on the prelims of this same card lol. What the fuck? Coenen isn't exactly a big name to justify this, her biggest fight was what, losing to Tate back in Strikeforce? At least Julia Budd's been on a crazy 6 year winning streak (not very active but still she hasn't lost since fighting Ronda back in 2011).

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Alexis Dufresne was the worst fighter on the UFC's roster during her short stint. In the worst division at the time too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis Dufresne was the worst fighter on the UFC's roster during her short stint. In the worst division at the time too.
    Ok?

What does that have to do with what I posted though? Cool, she was the worst fighter in the worst division apparently. Now she's in a completely different division in a completely different company. She's on the Bellator.com prelims while the chick she tapped out is fighting for a title....and it was their last fight so we're not talking about Marlos going on a 5 fight win streak or even winning 1 fight since, it was the last fight she had and she lost like a dummy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok? I was stating an observation ok?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't seen the German Suplex Justin Wren hit on Friday night, please do so. BRUTAL!

Julia Budd is now you're new 145 Women's champion in Bellator. Coenen retired after the loss. One has to think, do they go into this fight thinking if they lose it's their last and if so, how does that affect your mental game? Guess it depends. But like Tate, she said she decided after the 1st round she was retiring lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Her stock has just gone up tenfold in Dana's eyes. UFC's W145 could certainly use another body, especially the champ of the second-biggest promotion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She hasn't fought a ton but Julia Budd hasn't lost since the Ronda fight on Strikeforce Challengers about 5-6 years ago. I actually think that was the first fight I saw of Rousey's, can't remember 100% but I know it was on Challengers and she had Judo Gene with her timing the fight with a stop watch it was the shit. Budd coming over to the UFC seems like a no-brainer, curious as to when her contract with Bellator is up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Budd defeated GDR back in Strikeforce as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude her record is crazy if you look at.

2nd fight she gets KO'd by Amanda Nunes, the current 135 champ.

3rd fight she wins a UD over GDR, current 145 champ.

4th fight she gets armbarred by R3, Silver Age Era GOAT for 135.

That's a pretty crazy string of fights in hindsight when you see where some of these women wound up after the fact.

And she fought Charmaine Tweet, another chick I'd rampage the fuck out of. Ok I just threw that one in to fuck with my boys MH and P13

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenz Larkin has signed with Bellator. Should be interesting to see what Bellator looks like in about a year. They're getting pretty stacked with "homegrown" guys and guys from other organizations coming in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn, I liked him in the UFC. I guess Larkin vs Page could be fireworks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also lol at Rousey being GOAT in any sense of the word.