Results 11,501 to 11,600 of 13672

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Colby is the deserving #1 contender. Edwards is a winnable fight for Masvidal, the hype will be big, and his eventual title fight will have greater build considering Usman (or Colby) will be a bigger star coming out of an MSG title fight. Put both fights in MSG, face off the winners, count the money.
    I have to disagree.

Out of the 4 we're talking about, Jorge has the bigger wins lately, he's the biggest name of the 4, he deserves the shot.

Colby has nothing to offer here. The last ppv he was on prior to this Lawler fight, it was the 2nd lowest ppv buyrate in company history. Usman is still pretty much establishing himself, and Edwards is a non-factor that literally nobody cares about. At all.

Colby just beat a guy who was on a 2-fight losing streak, and he looked BAD in those losses. Jorge dusted the former #1 contender and a guy who was FOR SURE next in line with no losses, and Jorge smoked him in record breaking fashion.

But we're going to let Jorge cool off because why? Because Colby carries around a fake belt, says stupid shit that nobody pays to hear/see? Fuck that. Let him go to TNA and continue that cornball promo.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Colby is the deserving #1 contender. Edwards is a winnable fight for Masvidal, the hype will be big, and his eventual title fight will have greater build considering Usman (or Colby) will be a bigger star coming out of an MSG title fight. Put both fights in MSG, face off the winners, count the money.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colby also beat a #1 contender coming off a title loss in Demian Maia. He then beat Rafael dos Anjos when RDA was coming off a win against a Lawler who had only lost in the title fight to Woodley in his previous 7 fights. Now he's beat Lawler, the former champion, convincingly. Masvidal lost to Wonderboy and Maia in 2 of his last 4 fights. Comprehensively against Thompson. Come on man. Masvidal is rightfully next in line after Covington based on recent performance, but make no mistake he is behind Covington. I'd rather a Jorge Masvidal title fight considering I rate his style and think he's easily the most interesting fighter in that top 5, but credit where it's due for Covington.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covington is the logical next contender.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colby also beat a #1 contender coming off a title loss in Demian Maia. He then beat Rafael dos Anjos when RDA was coming off a win against a Lawler who had only lost in the title fight to Woodley in his previous 7 fights. Now he's beat Lawler, the former champion, convincingly. Masvidal lost to Wonderboy and Maia in 2 of his last 4 fights. Comprehensively against Thompson. Come on man. Masvidal is rightfully next in line after Covington based on recent performance, but make no mistake he is behind Covington. I'd rather a Jorge Masvidal title fight considering I rate his style and think he's easily the most interesting fighter in that top 5, but credit where it's due for Covington.
    Based on recent performances you're 200% right, I would easily put Jorge ahead of Covington. 2 devastating knockouts against Askren and Till versus 2 mediocre decision wins against 2 guys who haven't won fights in a couple years?

Colby beat Lawler, who is on a 2 fight skid. Prior to that about a year or so ago he beat RDA in a boring fight that nobody paid to see.

So if you're talking about "counting money", you must be talking about the kind you find at a gas station for little kids that has Woody from Toy Story on them lol. Because Usman v. Covington....There's no money in that fight. Colby can barely recite his shit he tries to script and Usman.....again he's not even in the conversation.

I'm also not high on why people think that fight is money. Anyone who supports Colby Covington has no place in this world. The fact this guy made me feel pity for Matt Hughes shows how disturbing he is and the "fanbase" who doesn't even pay to see this idiot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Colby tries to be McGregor, racism and all, he comes across more like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy trying to recite the Butcher joke his dad told.

If people thought Cesaro was bad at cutting scripted promos, listen to Colby's in-cage post fight and the worst back and forth known to man after with Usman.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Jorge Masvidal is a very good fighter and thoroughly easy to root for.

Colby Covington is a very good fighter and a total toolbag.

Objectively matchmaking though Covington is the clear choice for the next shot. I'll take his four-fight run of Stungun, Maia, RDA, and Lawler over Masvidal's four-fight run of losses to Maia and Thompson plus terrific victories over Till and Askren.

Ideally Covington gets his shot and beats Usman while Masvidal gets another highlight reel performance against a streaking Edwards and the two meet up with Gamebred putting the kibosh on everything Colby's been working and running his mouth for. The ultimate, gourmet 3 piece and a soda.

The storylines and shit talk are already in place for all of this to play out in hollywood-esque fashion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Jorge Masvidal is a very good fighter and thoroughly easy to root for.

Colby Covington is a very good fighter and a total toolbag.

Objectively matchmaking though Covington is the clear choice for the next shot. I'll take his four-fight run of Stungun, Maia, RDA, and Lawler over Masvidal's four-fight run of losses to Maia and Thompson plus terrific victories over Till and Askren.

Ideally Covington gets his shot and beats Usman while Masvidal gets another highlight reel performance against a streaking Edwards and the two meet up with Gamebred putting the kibosh on everything Colby's been working and running his mouth for. The ultimate, gourmet 3 piece and a soda.

The storylines and shit talk are already in place for all of this to play out in hollywood-esque fashion.
    I will be 100% honest man and you might be able to tell already but I just can't support anything Colby Covington does. The guy could be on a 400 fight win streak with first round KO's over prime Fedor, motivated BJ Penn, healthy Cain V, peak Anderson Silva and picogram Jon Jones....and I still wouldn't get behind it. I just don't have a place in my heart for cheap heat and even less for when it's done so poorly.

He could have the biggest ppv numbers ever, still nothing will convince me this guy belongs in this sport.

It took me 10 years to finally like something Chael Sonnen said/did (the Tito fight). I'm still not much of a fan of Conor McGregor due to his comments toward the Diaz brothers and Dennis Siver.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I completely understand feeling that way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely understand feeling that way.
    The funny thing is...You would think I would want to see him get his ass kicked and lose, but he keeps winning so it just angers me even more lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, cheap heat is the worst...

Colby is the most deserving contender, for what it’s worth Masvidal talks a load of shit about people too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, cheap heat is the worst...

Colby is the most deserving contender, for what it’s worth Masvidal talks a load of shit about people too.
    But Masvidal is 99.9% of the time responding to people. And he's not a racist piece of shit either but hey what can you do.....You call it cheap heat, I call it another day in the US of A

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I didn't realize how close we are to Cormier-Stipe 2 and the return of Nate Diaz facing Anthony Pettis. Those 2 fights alone have my money. Plus Romero v. Costa on that same card.

Then this weekend we have Bullet defending her title against Liz Carmouche in a rematch from forever ago. Liz's 2nd title shot, albeit different weight class. Always thought she was pretty underrated but I don't see her winning here. Nothing else to really jump up and down about. Mike Perry's on the card, so is Tecia Torres.

Looking at Bullet's record.....Did you guys realize she's been fighting pro since 2004? That means she's on some Joe Daddy shit, fighting since she was 15-16....WOW.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    But Masvidal is 99.9% of the time responding to people. And he's not a racist piece of shit either but hey what can you do.....You call it cheap heat, I call it another day in the US of A
    Well I only called it cheat heat because you did, although I don't know whether this is Colby just trying to sell, or whether this is him owning his real personality. The reality is that neither him nor Masvidal have proven that they are draws at all yet. I'm not sure that Masvidal is always just responding to people though, he's talked shit about plenty of fighters and not always in response to them doing it first.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I only called it cheat heat because you did, although I don't know whether this is Colby just trying to sell, or whether this is him owning his real personality. The reality is that neither him nor Masvidal have proven that they are draws at all yet. I'm not sure that Masvidal is always just responding to people though, he's talked shit about plenty of fighters and not always in response to them doing it first.
    Like who? I'm honestly curious just from a fan pov because he doesn't ever really seem to trash talk.

And I'll be honest, I don't think the term "Draw" is applying to anyone at that weight class and many other weight classes. The overflow of talent and events, plus ESPN paying them basically the same amount of $$$ they'd make if a ppv sold half a million buys makes it easier for the UFC to promote the brand. Kind of like WWE has been doing for awhile.

I think in terms of buzz, Masvidal has it. Colby wants the buzz, which is why he says all this racist shit but it's not working.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, being a draw is overrated with the ESPN deal, but it’s only on the back burner, draws will bring people to ESPN, because if they don’t, there won’t be another ESPN deal.

I’d say Masvidal probably does have more of the buzz. He’s certainly the media darling at the moment. But I think most of them recognise that Colby is probably more deserving.

I guess its more that there is some heat on Colby vs Usman and some heat on Edwards vs Masvidal, which would set either of the winners up against one another (unless you get Colby vs masvidal and they refuse to fight...and they might not), so this way you get three fights with a story whereas the other way you don’t.

Aa for Jorge, he talked mad shit for ages about Bisping that was provoked by Bisping having a go at Romero, not Masvidal.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it for what it's worth, but Dana White has said that Covington is getting the next shot and Masvidal will be offered a different fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankie Edgar's dropping to bantamweight. Would love him and Cruz to fight, mad that Dominick has been out another 3 years by the time he returns, if he does.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, I quite like Edgar, but I’m not crazy about him. I wanted him to lose to Holloway and Aldo & Benson both times. But if he did go down to Bantamweight, I would have no problem with them giving him an immediate title shot at Hendy Cejudo.

Weird isn’t it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nobody likable enough at bantamweight, or on a good enough run against great fighters, to really push for a title shot. If Sterling and Yan fight the winner deserves a shot, but both need another win from where they are now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benson needs to return to the UFC. I miss that guy so much. I don't watch enough Bellator so I didn't even know the guy was still fighting. He's on a 3 fight winning streak. I know it's more to do with sponsorship money than competition, but I'd still like to see him return.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Bullet beat Liz Carmouche......And nobody cared lol.

There really wasn't much going on this weekend. Odwhatever had a nice little KO victory but that was about it. I am curious to see where they go with Bullet next as the division isn't exactly stacked.

Also, big fight announced over the weekend as Joanna returns to face Karate Hottie. Should be interesting. JJ probably gets a UD win here.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that was the worst attempt by a contender I can ever remember seeing. I know that Valentina is good, but shadow boxing at her for 5 rounds from 2 meters away was never going to give you any key to victory.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overeem v. Walt Harris will headline ESPN 7 with Struve v. Rothwell on the undercard.

Also, 2 big female fights as Claudia Gadelha faces Cynthia Calvillo & Aspen Ladd v. Yana Kunitskaya.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the big 2 fights this weekend, who do ya got??

I'm leaning toward Cormier in the Stipe rematch. Just hard to go against arguably one of the absolute greatest of all time in MMA history.

Pettis v. Diaz. Diaz's record can be unassuming because he's 19-11 but the dude can beat ass. Same goes for Pettis. He's been pretty 50/50 over the last several years but the kid can go. I want to say Pettis, but I can see Diaz coming off a 2-3 year hiatus and getting that W.

I will say this....Diaz probably sat on his hands for way too long because the lack of people blowing up about his return shows he might not have any of that McGregor dust on him still. We'll never know. Dude never gave us a chance to see if he was actually a big draw as well, or if it was, per usual, all Conor.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Big 3 fights this weekend..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romero vs Costa is quite the match of two physical specimens. I kind of want Romero to win, but it would be good to have new blood at the top of the challengers list.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah shit, totally forgot about Romero-Costa. Definitely a big fight in terms of Costa being in line for a title shot. Not a big fight in terms of Romero's last 3 fights were title fights (even if 1 he couldn't technically win the title anyway-which of course is the only he fuckin won lol), so I'm not exactly sure what you do with the guy who has already lost to the sitting champ twice, has had 3 title shots already where he missed weight......

I still can't believe Yoel Romero is 42 years old. The fucking guy is like Randy Couture only with a better resume at this stage lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning Miocic, Diaz and Romero, but all 3 are toss ups. Stipe is a great heavyweight and should be the fresher fighter, Cormier has struggled to get through camps lately and I feel his cardio will be affected with the heavier weight on top of that. Miocic puts the pressure on in the second and scores the finish inside 3. Diaz by pressure. Kicks are his kryptonite, forward pressure is Pettis', so one man is going to break and I'd bet against it being a Diaz. Romero by that 3rd round blitz.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m kind of going the opposite way. I think that Cormier looks in much better shape than last time and can’t overlook him, he might just be the greatest clean MMA fighter we’ve ever seen.

I think that Diaz has been our too long and Pettis might even finish him ala Josh Thompson. However he does have that Tony Ferguson zombie chin, stamina and volume combination that Pettis struggled with.

I think that Romero might be too much for Costa, who is still relatively green and does not have proven stamina (which despite what is continuously said, Yoel does). However when you’re 42 at some day you’re going to show up and have suddenly turned old.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone been following the Anti Trust lawsuit on the UFC? They recently released some documents outlining some of Joe Silva’s negotiating tactics. Some shady shit there. Incredible that the fighters haven’t unionised yet and even more remarkable that fans of the ufc keep blindly defending Dana White and the company’s business practices. Support the fighters man, not the company.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's fucking weird. That's society though, a lot of people turn a blind eye to unethical practices when it involves a company they enjoy. Dana White is the prototypical sociopath, he's just a bit more open with it. It's one of the fascinating aspects of social media, people that had previously communicated through carefully constructed scripts are now unleashed with 140 characters to use, generally exposing themselves as lunatics.

Some of the stuff in this lawsuit is incredible. The lack of gratitude for the athletes is astonishing. If you're not a needle mover you're a number, and that's it. It's typical standard and practices. Treat the people with enough of a platform well so nobody hears the discontent from every fucker else.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It's been no secret for a while now that the UFC play dirty pool when it comes to fighter pay/contracts.

And in knowing so I've no problem siding with the fighters to even the playing field so to speak ... but this is never going to happen until they take the bold step of banding together in a union and work out an actual collectively bargained agreement to work out better contracts and earn their fair share of the market pie. I just don't know if they can ever actually get enough guys/gals on the same page, including those who are barely scraping by on 20/20 type deals, and willing to sit out as long as it takes to accomplish this goal.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Because Conor..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s only a matter of time before he either ends up in jail or dead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard the old dude said McGregor was a soft lad....

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    costa/romero was nuts. i think i agree with the decision. super close. maybe my fight of the year ahead of adesanya/gastelum.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Got lost in the action there and need to watch again to see how legit the decision was. Costa's forward pressure and action vs Romero's accuracy and efficiency backing or holding ground. Super close and either way a bananas fight. Gladiator shit right there.

Meanwhile Diaz/Pettis third round looking like a PS4 fight. Crazy action up and down, switching positions, and throwing continuously. Awesome.

C'mon heavies..

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stipe

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Son of a..

Body shots, boys and girls, body shots..

Big boy rock em sock em robots with DC out in front until Stipe bit down and focused his striking toward low kicks and brutal left hooks to the body. And then the head fell. Tremendous work. Really, really hope DC is willing to come back for a trilogy fight.

What a kickass main card show. Big time, toe to toe, high stakes mma.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    top three fights delivered big time. loved the end of the main event with stipe suddenly going for the body shots and it immediately paying off.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m kind of going the opposite way. I think that Cormier looks in much better shape than last time and can’t overlook him, he might just be the greatest clean MMA fighter we’ve ever seen.

I think that Diaz has been our too long and Pettis might even finish him ala Josh Thompson. However he does have that Tony Ferguson zombie chin, stamina and volume combination that Pettis struggled with.

I think that Romero might be too much for Costa, who is still relatively green and does not have proven stamina (which despite what is continuously said, Yoel does). However when you’re 42 at some day you’re going to show up and have suddenly turned old.
    Not a great night of picks for me. I personally thought that Romero won two rounds although it was close. There are doubts about Costa’s gas tank, if not is heart, power and chin. Nate looked great coming off a 3 year lay off. Stipe showed why more MMA fighters need to stop head hunting and start going for the body. Completely turned that fight around.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine posted on his FB that this loss showed that Cormier wasn't that good of a fighter as he's touted to be. He said "Jon Jones proved that twice and now Stipe" I'm like....Arguably the GOAT and the only guy to defend the HW title more than twice shouldn't be the bar on which you judge someone being "that good" or not because outside of those 2 men, Cormier fucked up a lot of top tier fighters.

I was like...Cormier was winning this fight, how can anyone question Cormier's status as one of the absolute best of all time is beyond me, especially when basing off losses to Jon Jones and Stipe Miocic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been very adamant about Jorge Masvidal being next in line for a title shot but I don't know now. Hearing Nate Diaz and Jorge talking about fighting each other kind of makes my penis hard.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Darren Till making the move to MW to face Kelvin Gastelum at 244 in NYC.

Very tough matchup for the gorilla coming off of back to back finishing defeats.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darren Till making the move to MW to face Kelvin Gastelum at 244 in NYC.

Very tough matchup for the gorilla coming off of back to back finishing defeats.
    Ah so it is confirmed, NICE!

I'm actually shocked that his first fight is against someone so high up in rankings. 185 isn't exactly lacking depth so yeah, a little surprised especially like you said coming off back to back finishing defeats that were pretty fucking wicked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the fight, but it's a stupid fight. Till could be a commodity in the UK, and they're in a position where they don't need to rush him. He could have fought a guy like Uriah Hall first, a name who you'd fancy him to knock out in an entertaining fight. Gastelum has an iron chin, heavy hands, cardio and wrestling, it's a nightmare match up for Till's current skillset. However, I do like it in that it's a big fight and the intangibles are there (KG coming off a war, Till not having to cut weight) where you can just about argue him winning and gatecrashing a middleweight division with 2 strikers atop the rankings.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea that McGregor was lined up to fight Gaethje in July but a wrist injury during sparring prevented McGregor from fighting. McGregor coming back and fighting any of these 5 guys (or all of them eventually) would be awesome:

Geathje
    Cerrone
    Khabib
    Poirier
    Ferguson

I know, the Khabib fight is probably not something people are going "YEAH LETS SEE THAT ONE!" But I mean, get McGregor a W beforehand regardless if Khabib is the champ, you never know. McGregor learns from his mistakes, 1 loss to a guy regardless of how dominant they are doesn't mean shit to me after watching Wandy kill Rampage twice in a row then get smoked himself, twice, down the road....albeit it was a long, long time down the road lol.

I mean, I assume Tony is sitting out until the winner of Khabib/Poirer or does he take the McGregor fight if offered? Winner faces winner of Khabib/Poirier or winner of Cerrone/Geathje. 155 is fucking stacked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other 4 guys get hit a fair bit and can be hurt, Conor absolutely has a chance of getting a top 5 win and a rematch with Khabib. Whether he'd actually sign to fight any of them, who knows.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other 4 guys get hit a fair bit and can be hurt, Conor absolutely has a chance of getting a top 5 win and a rematch with Khabib. Whether he'd actually sign to fight any of them, who knows.
    Very good point. I would like to think if he was going to fight Gaethje that he would be willing to fight the others if Khabib isn't an option. Which if Khabib wins against DP, I don't see how they could justify giving Conor that shot next when you have active guys including Tony Ferguson ready to rock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Good fuckin' grief BJ Penn..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fuckin' grief BJ Penn..
    lol. Dude I was like, why are you just letting this fat drunk guy smack you up??? I'm realistic, just because you're an MMA fighter of any level doesn't mean you can't get your chin smashed. Yes you shouldn't have it done by some out of shape drunk dude but hey, I'm just trying not to admit that it's possible my favorite MMA fighter of all time got slept for a quick 2 seconds by Barney from the Simpsons.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It's just a terrible look to get into another bar fight from someone who's seemingly trying to gain a monopoly on bad looks lately. And getting ktfo to boot.

And then this gave Lentz an opportunity to make a video response somehow both pitying and threatening BJ at the same time.

I just kinda wish he'd duck out for a little while and do an honest neck-up inventory of himself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a terrible look to get into another bar fight from someone who's seemingly trying to gain a monopoly on bad looks lately. And getting ktfo to boot.

And then this gave Lentz an opportunity to make a video response somehow both pitying and threatening BJ at the same time.

I just kinda wish he'd duck out for a little while and do an honest neck-up inventory of himself.
    Why is this fight even happening? HOW is it even happening? I remember a couple years ago BJ wanted to fight Lentz and Lentz did like some creepy poem and ducked BJ hard. Now he wants it, which doesn't shock me, but hell even a few years ago when BJ came out of retirement wanting to fight this clown it wasn't remotely the same BJ Penn from 10 years back. I'm pretty sure Nick Diaz and Rory took everything that was left out of my man so yeah, just a super weird, odd decision to even keep BJ going.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not even a draw anymore. Buried away on preliminary undercards. Just let him go to Rizin if he wants extra brain trauma.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like the UFC are trying to kill his legacy for fuck knows what reason. Dude is on a 7 fight losing streak in this company where they have released people after losing 1 fight. BJ gave everything he had to give. The fact that the UFC still keep him in the mix are just killing this man's legacy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny the hypocrisy of White. The shit he gave De La Hoya for putting on the Chuck fight, then continuing to book BJ Penn. "Yeah, but BJ Penn isn't getting knocked out every fight", as if the sustained head trauma he's procured over at least 4 unnecessary fights is acceptable. The last Frankie Edgar fight showed he had absolutely nothing left. 4 fights later and he's getting sparked outside the chippy by a darts player.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny the hypocrisy of White. The shit he gave De La Hoya for putting on the Chuck fight, then continuing to book BJ Penn. "Yeah, but BJ Penn isn't getting knocked out every fight", as if the sustained head trauma he's procured over at least 4 unnecessary fights is acceptable. The last Frankie Edgar fight showed he had absolutely nothing left. 4 fights later and he's getting sparked outside the chippy by a darts player.
    Sad but true, on all accounts. That Frankie Edgar fight, I'm not even sure why Frankie took that fight to be perfectly honest. You're 2-0 against the guy, that season of TUF was lame as shit, that fight was embarrassing on everyone's behalf. The UFC, Edgar, Penn, all should have looked in the mirror.

I mean, did BJ and Dana have some weird blackmailing relationship going on where Dana was like ok, if you win your 145 debut against one of the guys who has beaten your ass twice already, we'll give you the shot at Aldo or whoever the fuck......It had to be that way. And now this is the payback lol. 7 fight losing streak, about to be 8, the worst by far in company history right? Mir was like 5 before he bounced so he could still roid up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Edgar fight. The narrative has obviously changed with time, but at thst point he'd lost his last 2, but at welterweight, hadn't been stopped in either (and took a round off Nick Diaz and 2 off Jon Fitch in his last 3 fights at that weight), and had taken significant time off to heal up and return at a suitable weight class against an opponent he was competitive with the first time. The fight turned out to be farcical and showed Penn was shot to shit, but it wasn't like Frankie was -1000 or anything going in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great day for Chinese MMA. First UFC champion from the continent in Zhang, and The Leech probably breaks the top 15 at welterweight too. Both spectacular performances, and in front of a partisan crowd.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    incredible crowd reaction to that finish. book zhang vs. namajunas in china next.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was only a matter of time before the masters of kung fu finally started getting the big wins.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She fucking smashed her up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    How lame is it that as big a fight as Khabib/Poirier is that it will be broadcast smack in the middle of the day.

Hadn't even noticed it until just now. Also as I surely wouldn't have guessed it.

Is it the most high profile fight to occur at such an off primetime schedule or am I just blanking completely on something big?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson vs. Maia and Penn vs. Edgar I were in Abu Dhabi at the same time I think. Nice for us Brits to get a good fight for our time so swings and roundabouts!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ya, looking back through their events list and I suppose I'm only just remembering how many big names have been showcased elsewhere. Guess it just seems in recent years the biggest of the big names just don't seem to make their way overseas quite as much.

Primetime title fight with two hot commodities should be fun for you guys.

Cheers, homie

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    'I ain’t no welterweight. I’m a light heavyweight fighting in the welterweight division. It should be illegal what I’m doing. The UFC should ban it…'

..lol, hope he makes 185.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still want Till and Mike Perry to hit the spa

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    UFC 242 embedded -

Mike Brown: "you're one of only a couple guys I know who wrap their own hands.."

Poirier: "It's like jackin' off, only you know how to do it best."

Pretty much..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooting for Poirier but Khabib is like the 155 GSP. I want a good back and forth. I don't want Khabib just owning him on the ground dropping shots and it going 25 minutes. The Conor fight was probably the most exciting fight I've ever seen of Khabib's (I have not seen many of his fights to be fair so I could be off).

I'm a little uneasy though about the UFC using footage of that post-fight bullshit to hype this fight up. I even saw new angles lol. I guess if it were Conor it'd make sense, but Khabib is much much more than that #1 bullshit we saw.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Rooting for Khabib but no way I could be truly upset if Dustin pulled it off. He's just been such a solid dude and he's had the fight integrity of a saint. Would also certainly like to see a great back and forth affair but I'm totally fine if Khabib drags him to the depths and puts him in the Dagestani death blender. I love the idea of fight legends and Khabib's relentless and brutal g'n'p is on it's way to just that.

And I think the thing with the hype video was as much to tell the story of how we got to a interim champ vs legit champ matchup as anything. Agreed it's not all there is to Khabib but it's also his bed to lie in for now. A win here and I don't think we'll have to hear any more of it, at least until if/when he beats the brakes off of Conor again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh ok I didn't really digest the vid that way at first but now I 100% see it. I prob just wasn't thinking clearly when I posted...shocker.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I was a little uneasy by it at first look too, for whatever that's worth..

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Barboza v Elder? Potential fight of the night.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    big fan of the start time today

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nate vs Masvidal now set to headline 244 at MSG.

Supernecessary..
    Last edited by Percussion; September 7th, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    How great is it that a chick nicknamed 'cheesecake' came in 2 lbs over weight..

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Poirier to his corner: 'I can't get him the fuck off me.'

Understatement of the sport.

You just cannot, cannot, cannot find yourself with your back near the cage against Khabib. It's a death sentence. He's as if a boa constrictor had octopus tentacles. Effectively perfect grappling for mma. Unreal.

But man, that guillotine for a second though. Lol, whew.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khabib vs Tony is the only fight I want to see next.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khabib had the crowd behind him and I think helps him tremendously. He is scary.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Sounds like Dana is already trying to lowball Tony talking about Khabib/Conor sounds like the fight to make if he (Ferguson) can't agree to terms.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Dana is already trying to lowball Tony talking about Khabib/Conor sounds like the fight to make if he (Ferguson) can't agree to terms.

I get it. They want to build the future off that post fight shit but it's not worth it imo.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Whatever their motivation ... there's no good LW title fight that isn't Khabib vs. Ferguson at this point.

The anticipation from all the previous attempts to make it..

Each guy on a 12-fight win streak in the division..

The ridiculously intriguing style matchup to be had..

Any other LW title fight would be a fucking crime.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    How about Barboza v Elder? Potential fight of the night.
    Coming back to this for a sec ... and ya man, I need to watch it again. Got kinda distracted by company at the time but was still able to keep an eye on it and from what I think I saw it was a really good scrap. I saw a good few exchanges where each guy was looking to come out the better man. For sure two world class bangers and definitely feel the need to go back once more on this one to do it justice.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever their motivation ... there's no good LW title fight that isn't Khabib vs. Ferguson at this point.

The anticipation from all the previous attempts to make it..

Each guy on a 12-fight win streak in the division..

The ridiculously intriguing style matchup to be had..

Any other LW title fight would be a fucking crime.
    Coming back to this for a sec ... and ya man, I need to watch it again. Got kinda distracted by company at the time but was still able to keep an eye on it and from what I think I saw it was a really good scrap. I saw a good few exchanges where each guy was looking to come out the better man. For sure two world class bangers and definitely feel the need to go back once more on this one to do it justice.
    Khabib v Ferguson needs to happen. 4th times a charm lol.

Felder v Barboza was as good as I expected.

Blaydes looked nice. What's next for him? JDS?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Khabib v Ferguson needs to happen. 4th times a charm lol.

Felder v Barboza was as good as I expected.

Blaydes looked nice. What's next for him? JDS?
    This would actually be the 5th time Khabib/Ferg has been booked. Bananas. But it really is THE fight to make anyway. Or even because of that fact.

As for Blaydes, man, that dude's in a tough spot. He can't climb past Ngannou, but he's beat everyone else he's faced.

JDS vs Volkov winner could be a good spot. Makes the most sense. His only other hope is that Cain wants to come back into the mix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khabib vs. Ferguson is probably the highest level fight in MMA history. A combined 24-0 in their last 12 fights, knockouts, submissions and attritional 5 round wins littering each others records. Ferguson is bananas in transitions, has 10 round cardio, relentless forward pressure, 8 point striking. He has the weapons to win. But Nurmagamedov is so fucking good at doing what he does that even that might not be enough. I get why they want Conor vs. Khabib 2, but that with Khabib beating Ferguson and Conor knocking out Justin or Cowboy, with it being the fight to go 30-0? Come the fuck on. Wanting to book that fight to me tells me they don't want ugly weird Tone as champion, and think Conor getting flattened by Gaethje would kill him off. Take the risk.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who in their right mind wants to see McGregor v. Khabib 2 next? Other than Dana, I don't really see the reasoning behind it. At all. But this is Dana, who despite BJ being on a 7 fight losing streak, it took him getting flatlined for a brief second by a drunk to get him to finally call it good on BJ's UFC career.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Colby Covington is pricing himself out of a title fight by not taking a challenger's pay day. I always favour the fighters in regards to pay, but it will write his career off if he isn't careful. For as much effort he puts in with this MAGA bollocks, it hasn't translated to eyeballs on his fights, so he doesn't have much merit on the negotiating table. I'm sure Usman would be happy waiting for the Diaz/Masvidal winner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Colby Covington is pricing himself out of a title fight by not taking a challenger's pay day. I always favour the fighters in regards to pay, but it will write his career off if he isn't careful. For as much effort he puts in with this MAGA bollocks, it hasn't translated to eyeballs on his fights, so he doesn't have much merit on the negotiating table. I'm sure Usman would be happy waiting for the Diaz/Masvidal winner.
    Like most people that hardcore for Trump, he's delusional at best lol. What has this sport become? Who's to blame? Chael? He's really the first dude I remember who went from normal, decent human being to playing a straight up gimmick. Everyone else who was like, brash, shit talking arrogant type, they're really like that lol. Rampage, Tito, Ken Shamrock, they're like this no matter the setting.

Chael set the tone, Conor raised the bar, although I feel Conor is really this way judging by his attitude when not promoting a fight lol. Let's jack an old dude, let's throw a dolly, let's break a cell phone.

Colby is so fucking jank.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so fucking stupid. Usman is every bit as unremarkable and boring inside the cage than Covington, yet he just kept himself to himself, picked up the wins and became the champion. You don't need to be an exciting or outlandish fighter to become a champion and therefore making a comfortable living, you just have to be really good. Colby IS really good. Like I get journeymen talking themselves up and keeping themselves relevant despite unfavourable results. Chael post-Anderson was a caricature of himself but he made a living for another what, 6 years, inside the cage? Fair enough. But Colby doesn't need to, he just needs to turn up and win his fights.

It's hilarious that a guy like Rafael dos Anjos, who hasn't said anything disrespectful his entire career I don't think, will retire with more money than Covington. By turning up 3 times a year to do his fucking job.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Someone tell this guy..

..so maybe he'll also stop challenging women to fights.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    colby need to get trump to make a phone call to dana

i love that there's a significantly greater than 0% chance this actually happens.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    What would a call from Trump to Dana matter?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone tell this guy..

..so maybe he'll also stop challenging women to fights.
    Mighty Mouse returning for the rubber match and destroying him winning his belt back?

Priceless.

I haaaaate Cejudo. Especially when he wins lol. Fuck him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Sucks, cause he's such a legit talent.

But so goes mma sometimes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks, cause he's such a legit talent.

But so goes mma sometimes.
    I was very excited that the passing of the torch was to a guy with the credentials of Cejudo. And then he beat TJ....And then he asked out Nikki Bella....and then I wanted to slit my wrists.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was curious as to who was on the card for this weekend's murder death kill main event of Gaethje v. Cerrone. And I saw that making his return to MMA after 4 years is Todd Duffee. Where the fuck has this guy beeN?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    UFC Octagon Girls are under political attack

Similar to boxing, mixed martial arts deploys scantily clad females to parade around the cage before each round at their events. That has led to the likes of Chrissy Blair, Brittney Palmer, Arianny Celeste and Jhenny Andrade becoming huge favorites with fight fans across the globe.

However, ahead of UFC 243 at Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium on Oct. 6, Dana White’s promotion is facing calls for the “sexist and backward” custom to be axed.

And Lord Mayor of Melbourne Sally Capp is leading the charge.

“It’s 2019, do we really still need scantily clad women to wander around the middle of a fighting ring between rounds?” Capp told the Herald Sun. “Grid girls are no longer part of Formula One, walk-on girls are no longer part of professional darts — surely it’s time to move on.”
    I personally couldn't give a shit if they work an event or not. I genuinely don't even notice them.

That said, did the Lord Darth Mayor maybe consider asking the girls themselves what they'd like to do? Ya know, as long as we want to empower women and all..

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Just do what we did with the Raptors. Before the calls to change things started specifically targeting them, they made it so the dance team is both men and women. Put some men in there for some equality.