Results 13,201 to 13,300 of 13672

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I'm really surprised Ngannou, Usman, and Adesanya haven't banded together.
    Why would they? Oh that's right......

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Because they're bffs. Usman was literally in Ngannous corner. Adesanya was talking about moving up to get the heavyweight title if Ngannou lost it.

New Day banded together for better contracts in WWE. Friends help friends.

They're also all champions so you would think that's some good leverage.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Olivera/Gaethje is in the works for UFC 274, May 7th.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another (at least) double title fight card with Glover and Jan fighting too. Wouldn't be surprised if Rose vs. Carla or Valentina ends up on that card either. Guessing now we've got past May's main events they hold Nate or Dustin for Conor for July. The other fights the Covington/Masvidal winner (if it's not DP and Jorge).

Lots of pretty much mini tournaments in place - Oliviera/Gaethje vs. Islam/Dariush, Adesanya/Whittaker vs. Cannonier/Brunson, Glover/Jiri vs. Jan/Rakic and Usman/Edwards vs. Burns/Chimaev. Francis is out all year so that pretty much writes Jon Jones out too, so I think they look to snowball Usman vs. Chimaev into the fight of the year.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Usman said he wants to fight Jan.

I guess to avenge his boy Israel otherwise you would think he would say Glover.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Wow, what a bunch of racists.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really went out of your way. The first post was perfectly fine.

I disagree with that picture. People have said for years if "these guys" left it would be some huge deal....No. Speaking on just those 3, they could all 3 leave tomorrow and people will easily pick up the slack. Did anyone think 5 years ago Jorge Masvidal would be a million ppv buy fighter? That's not even a new guy that's a guy who was a midcarder for 15 years.

It's not like before these 3 men made it to the top the UFC were struggling lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's the fact you would have 3 champions holding things up. They'd have to strip them all or do more dumb interim titles. It would make headlines.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the fact you would have 3 champions holding things up. They'd have to strip them all or do more dumb interim titles. It would make headlines.
    Oh I'm sure BJPenn.com or Sherdog would have some wild headline that would be forgotten about the minute a Logan/Jake Paul tweet happens.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I tend to agree with Nash here. The brand is too big for any particular fighters to make waves.

If the fighters en masse though stand up for themselves with specific demands and the willingness to take the financial hit - just like their pro athlete brethren in other sports - then maybe Dana & co. would have no choice but to listen.

Dana doesn't want to hear from his broadcast partners about why they're running numbered events with dudes fresh off Contender Series.

If Usman, Izzy, and Francis wanted to band together to try and get everyone to join in then that could certainly be worth some attention.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun card this weekend. Not as crazy in depth as that 4th quarter PPV run last year but plenty to like early, with a world class main event.

Adesanya vs. Whittaker is a great rematch. Bobby Knuckles was outclassed in the first fight, but I'd say a combination of it being his worst performance and Israel's best make it hard to assess how the rematch goes. He didn't fight smart at all, and one of his strengths is how cerebral he is. He went in there to out-tough and out-brawl Adesanya and got picked apart and embarrassed. No chance he fights like that again. Adesanya makes marked improvements in fight IQ each time out but he's not as dazzling as that pre-title run. The Romero and Vettori fights were dull and he lost up a weight class. So it's going to be closer. I still think Adesanya is the better fighter and takes a clear but competitive decision, but I'd love Rob to get the win back. One of the sport's great guys.

Black Beast vs. Bam Bam is a hell of a fun fight. 2 massive, charismatic, flawed knockout artists colliding. I think I'd pick Lewis against anybody that doesn't clearly outclass him because of the power, and I think he knocks Tai out here in a mad one.

Cannonier vs. Brunson is one of those fights that should really be 5 rounds given the winner likely earns a title shot, but there we are. I think Cannonier has shown enough in the wrestling defence to hold Brunson off and take the win, but it's a close fight. I just can't see him not connecting if it stays on the feet, and he should cause damage and maybe even get a finish if he keeps it standing.

Rojo vs. Phillips is guaranteed fireworks. It's not huge in name value but both guys come to throw mad shit and scrap, so I'm looking forward to it. Phillips has the better resume so I'm seeing him taking it on points.

Green vs. Haqparast is another one that's been made for the action. Green has gone from talented, trash talking counter puncher to a bit of a wild man now his reflexes have faded a bit. Charisma to spare and fun to watch. Took Fiziev to the limit a couple of fights ago and hasn't definitively lost a fight in some time. Nasrat is a fun scrapper too, not fulfilling his potential but good to watch. Seeing Green on points but he's always liable to shipping punches while seemingly in control so might end up a split either way.

Andrei Arlovski! The way they match The Pitbull nowadays makes me sad how they blew JDS out towards the end of his run with killer after killer. For me, once legends are clearly out of title contention you get them a couple of wins, match them with a fellow veteran for a big fight or have them put over a top prospect, then go back to easier competition. Vanderaa is probably the worst of Arlovski's recent opponents. He's actually beaten some fairly decent fringe top 20 guys, admittedly in underwhelming fashion. Vanderaa isn't that guy. Pitbull on points, to which point they may as well match him with a Romanov or Pavlovich and see what happens. Or, out of leftfield, Gustafsson!

Casey O'Neill looks a prospect. Roxanne has been the gatekeeper of the division and held serve against some formidable prospects. O'Neill does look the real deal though. 3 consecutive finishes at a decent level, at women's flyweight, yeah I expect her to pick up the win. Likely needs the 3 rounds to do it though.

Schnell vs. Perez seems to have been on deck forever. Probably falls apart again before Saturday. Good scrap. I see Perez with the higher upside and likely gets the finish with body work.

Knight vs. Grishin will be a bit of a crawl but I like Knight, built like a bowling ball. Hope he gets the knockout.

Hernandez vs. Moicano and De Andrade vs. Morozov are legit fights early on the card. The former two are hot and cold fighters but can look like world beaters on any given Sunday, and the latter matchup is a fun fringe top 20 bantamweight fight. De Andrade is an undercard highlight over the years.

Should be a good one.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rogan's off 271 because of a "scheduling conflict" but he was scheduled to do commentary on Wednesday. So yeah, that's bullshit.

This is ESPN/Disney at work.

To show my disapproval I'm going to not buy the PPV even harder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without getting into the politics of it, I wouldn't be too disappointed with Rogan no longer being involved with the UFC. Cormier, Cruz, Bisping and Felder bring more to the table from an analytical perspective and aren't without their moments as characters, Cormier and Bisping especially. There is the familiarity with Rogan, but I didn't think I could imagine UFC without Mike Goldberg but they pretty seamlessly moved on from him. To bring the politics into it, I wish it was a decision made by himself, or from a creative perspective from the UFC, rather than pressure from executives.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rogan and Goldberg are two entirely different people. I can't imagine UFC without Rogan.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been a few big cards he's been absent from now and it's not been hugely noticeable. I guess it depends on your mileage on Bisping, Cruz and Felder. I like all 3. Liked Dan Hardy as well. Admittedly, nobody matches his enthusiasm and unique energy, but they counter that with knowledge.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I find it real hard to believe Rogan was a political decision: that Dana White, a huge Trump supporter, would let one of his day one guys go without raising hell and going to the mat for him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Whitaker wins but Draft Kings has a boost for Izzy by KO where $20 pays $60 so I did that.

Hopefully it's not Izzy by dec.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Love Anik saying that Rogan texted him that Izzy might have hurt his hand and then they noticed it, because Rogan is knowledgeable.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well damn. I thought that was round 4 lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyable night of fights. Adesanya vs. Whittaker was a chess match as expected. Was close. I wouldn't have argued with a Rob scorecard but I think you have to BEAT the champ and I don't think anybody could say he did that. He was competitive and the last 4 rounds were pretty 50/50, but Adesanya is the better fighter by a small margin.

Tai fought through adversity and got his shots in in the pocket. Entertaining fight and a great knockout. He's flawed but they've a star on their hands if they match him well. Facing the Volkov vs. Aspinall winner makes the most sense. 5 rounder. For me Blaydes beats Daukaus and you match him with Gane after that. Stipe vs. Jones with the winner fighting Francis. Derrick against Rozenstruik if he beats Tybura. Division sucks but some fun fights.

Jared absolutely decimated Brunson after a rough first round. No quit in him. Brunson looked awful on the feet and still landed a knockdown so I don't see the Adesanya fight going well for him, but he has that equalising power. Nasty elbows. Thinking about it, I'm seeing Adesanya going up to 205 again if Jiri beats Glover, he'll fancy winning a stand up contest. So the Jared defence may be his last for a while. I guess if Strickland can get a win against Vettori in the interim that might open that up.

Moicano with a slick performance and maximising his minutes on the microphone. Good fighter. Some tough losses but against legit guys. The Fiziev loss aged very well.

Likewise Bobby Green. Green vs. Moicano sounds like a fun time. Good to see a guy like Bobby get some love from the crowd, a longtime veteran.

Andrei Arlovski won 29-28 again! Mad he's changed his style to pick up these wins late in his career. 5 of 6, and the loss was to a prospect in Aspinall. Shame they cut JDS because that's the fight for him. I know it will never happen but if I'm UFC I'm lending him to Bellator for Fedor's retirement fight. From a risk reward perspective it works - a loss and he's still what he is now, a gatekeeper to pad out cards, a win and you can actively promote him again. And it's a more likely win than any similar level name (Lewis) he'd have in the UFC.

Casey O'Neil got the job done. High output there. Good career for a non-athlete in Roxanne and nice to see a good human like her get an appreciative send off.

Kyler Phillips has top 10 potential at bantamweight. Excellent growing fighter. Him and O'Malley next maybe?

Ulberg fight was a snoozer.

Lawrence fight was exciting. Both suffered heavy knockdowns and nearly finished but Lawrence bagged 2 rounds and hung on.

Malkoun fight was a grind. Poor stand up so he stuck to his man and got the job done. Won't win any fans that way though.

De Andrade fight was a banger. Some heart to fight through the knockdown, the ground disadvantage and the cut. Difference was he was the better FIGHTER, with the intangibles you need aside skill. Great finish.

Wells fight started comically but as soon as he ground his man it wasn't a contest. May be a person of interest going forward, he looks good.

Grishin fight with Knight was a crawl. Love Knight's ridiculous build but he's not much of a fighter.

Taking next week off, will catch the highlights - not particularly deep. Will seek the main and the Jim Miller fight out. Jim pretty much just needs to ride 2 years out to get on UFC 300. If I'm the UFC I'm pencilling him and Cowboy (if he can beat Lauzon that will buy him a couple of fights) to open that card.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Miller last night and Andrei Arlovski last week got me thinking they should do a pure veterans fight night full of scraps between guys that have earned a really good reputation within the company. Minimum of 20 UFC/WEC fights (or having their 20th that night). Just a way of matching guys with other respected guys in legacy fights really. They'd never do it because they like to use vets to 'put over' the new guys, and they'd be cutting a hell of a cheque out of the Venum book(!), but it would be fun. Thinking of a main card of still relevant, with a proper PPV main event. Something like:

Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Beneil Dariush
    Bobby Green vs. Tony Ferguson
    Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller 2
    Robbie Lawler vs. Tim Means

Urijah Faber vs. Cub Swanson
    Brad Tavares vs. Kelvin Gastelum
    Frankie Edgar vs. Rani Yahya
    Shogun Rua vs. Ed Herman

Andrei Arlovski vs. Ovince Saint Preux
    Darren Elkins vs. Alex Cacares
    Matt Brown vs. Alex Oliviera
    Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 2
    Eddie Wineland vs. Raphael Assauncao
    Francisco Trinaldo vs. Court McGee

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Jim Miller last night and Andrei Arlovski last week got me thinking they should do a pure veterans fight night full of scraps between guys that have earned a really good reputation within the company. Minimum of 20 UFC/WEC fights (or having their 20th that night). Just a way of matching guys with other respected guys in legacy fights really. They'd never do it because they like to use vets to 'put over' the new guys, and they'd be cutting a hell of a cheque out of the Venum book(!), but it would be fun. Thinking of a main card of still relevant, with a proper PPV main event. Something like:

Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Beneil Dariush
    Bobby Green vs. Tony Ferguson
    Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller 2
    Robbie Lawler vs. Tim Means

Urijah Faber vs. Cub Swanson
    Brad Tavares vs. Kelvin Gastelum
    Frankie Edgar vs. Rani Yahya
    Shogun Rua vs. Ed Herman

Andrei Arlovski vs. Ovince Saint Preux
    Darren Elkins vs. Alex Cacares
    Matt Brown vs. Alex Oliviera
    Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 2
    Eddie Wineland vs. Raphael Assauncao
    Francisco Trinaldo vs. Court McGee
    I think the UFC should look at making some fights that they wanted to make 5-10 years ago to help sell some of these cards that look like shit on paper.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cain Velazquez has been arrested for attempted murder. Not many details available right now, other than he was ID’d by police as shooting someone else in San Jose.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Cain Velazquez has been arrested for attempted murder. Not many details available right now, other than he was ID’d by police as shooting someone else in San Jose.
    The only other details I know about is that it happened on the interstate so it could have been a traffic altercation.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like Cain was shooting at the guy who allegedly molested his 4 year old son and hit the guys stepfather who he was in the car with.

He should have taken some firearm classes.

The bullet allegedly struck Goularte’s stepfather instead.

Goularte, 43, had been arraigned Friday on felony count of a lewd and lascivious act with a child under the age of 14, the newspaper reported.

Goularte’s accuser is a relative of Velasquez, the newspaper said, citing court records and sources. The child was abused by Goularte at his mother’s day care center, where the suspect also lived, according to the report.

The alleged sex abuser was granted supervised release, despite objections from California prosecutors, the paper said.
    #FreeCain and fuck California.
    Last edited by Bert; March 2nd, 2022 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a father of four I can understand the level of hatred and need to kill over this situation. Even if I didn't have kids I'd understand it. I just feel bad that the anger consumed him and he didn't just put the same beating on this guy that he gave Lesnar or Travis Browne.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I'm a fan of Street Jesus and love hearing Colby get smacked up, that shit yesterday was tough to watch. Talking over each other, Colby trying to one up Jorge by asking 100x how a bill comes into law lol. I was watching it going damn that's probably what my brother and I sounded like back in the old day arguing lol.

IDK. I want Jorge to win so bad but I think Colby takes it. If he does I just want it to be a banger of a fight and not a safe Usman/Masvidal 1 type fight. I just hate everything about Colby Covington, gimmick or not. If it's a gimmick what a shit gimmick to have.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They pretty much have the same gimmick, Colby is just more like Chael was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They pretty much have the same gimmick, Colby is just more like Chael was.
    Naw they're not really the same one bit. Jorge isn't a gimmick for one. And being more like Chael was isn't a good thing. Maybe to you it is, which isn't a shock considering the people you support. But no, the only thing Jorge and Colby have in common is they're Trumpers.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My father in law is in town so I watched the ppv with him and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Loved seeing Greg Hardy lose.

Loved seeing Colby win.

Poor sport Mas Vidal trying to talk shit after and one of Colbys corner men being like "motherfucker you had 5 rounds, 25 minutes" was kind of great.

My father in law also thought they were going to hug. I didn't. I didn't bet any money though.

The Bryce Mitchell fight was surprising but a good fight.

RDA/Renato was really the only fight I ended up kind of tuning out for. Renato's corner should have thrown in the towel.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cobly/Jorge went about as expected. Including post fight "poor sportsmanship" If Masvidal had a little more in the tank when he almost knocked out Colby that would've been a wrap. If you're a fan of Colby Covington and have a wife and kid(s) I guess that's a weird person to root for. Kind of curious as to what's next for both guys. Doubt we see Colby v. Poirier and why would we? Colby wants to cut 20lbs to fight a guy who spent half his career at 145. So for Colby it's either guys who fight 20-30lbs lighter than you and/or have about 10 years in the game on you.

For Jorge we have to eliminate the flakes like Nate Diaz. Jorge has made it clear for most of his career he only cares about titles if it means the most money. He's making more money than almost every champion if not all of them so what fight is next?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Colby Covington is a character. He's Kurt Angle. It's not real.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Let me know when Colby beats a woman up, hits a pregnant ladys car with his car, beats up an old man at a bar, throws a dolly at a bus, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't work for me. Yes, it's clearly a caricature version of him when he's in public, but this is a sport and kids and wives should certainly be off limits. You can't have a genuine contest and shift to a pantomime performance in the same frame. It doesn't really work anyway, people that are watching are hooked by the team drama and that they were roommates, doesn't need the alimony stuff or about Dustin's kid being Conor's. It's garbage. And his delivery is dogshit. The kid can fight though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colby Covington is a character. He's Kurt Angle. It's not real.
    If that's what helps you go to sleep at night. This isn't Hollywood.

Let me know when Colby beats a woman up, hits a pregnant ladys car with his car, beats up an old man at a bar, throws a dolly at a bus, etc.
    That implies that I give any of those actions a pass. Me personally I don't think being a racist is beneath throwing a dolly. You identify so much with Colby minus the wife and kid part. But to you that's WWE, it's not real. Again, what a weird gimmick to take on. The sexist, racist, misogynistic tone deaf cornball (I'm probably leaving a few things out) type of human being? It's not something I personally want to listen to or cheer on but that's you not me. I'm not someone who makes excuses for people because I want to be like them and say what they say.

See you won't say those things because you rely on guns and your hands are made of Chinese silk. Isn't that right Reptar?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't work for me. Yes, it's clearly a caricature version of him when he's in public, but this is a sport and kids and wives should certainly be off limits. You can't have a genuine contest and shift to a pantomime performance in the same frame. It doesn't really work anyway, people that are watching are hooked by the team drama and that they were roommates, doesn't need the alimony stuff or about Dustin's kid being Conor's. It's garbage. And his delivery is dogshit. The kid can fight though.
    So you're telling me you didn't think Colby asking Jorge how a bill comes into law was cool? Lol.

His delivery is dogshit. He can definitely fight. The funny thing is he hasn't really been gifted any fights based on talking. He's climbed the ladder, he didn't go from #12 to a title shot. It's just all so comical but not in a good way, it's Cejudo cringe.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was going to be cut before he started talking shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was going to be cut before he started talking shit.
    Has anyone that does any type of firing in the UFC came out and confirmed that?

And if it's true, I doubt they said "oh shit now he's a racist piece of shit? Fuck yeah let's keep him!" I highly doubt that's true unless Dana is fucked up and wanted another Junie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn't going to get cut after beating Demian Maia. It's a complete misconception. If he lost yeah maybe, but a dominating co-main win against a guy 3 months removed from a title fight wouldn't have put him on the dole, xenophobia or not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colby is not a gimmick. He's someone who folded under the pressure and resorted to low hanging fruit just like any other time he's tried to talk shit. He's bringing up kids, wives, race, and it's just sad.

What's worse is someone thinking that because we're not also mentioning Jon Jones, McGregor, etc. that they're getting a pass. No, we're just talking about Colby. When Jones name gets brought up especially over something idiotic, we bash his ass too. Nobody is slighting Colby's skill, just the person. It's not a gimmick, nobody in their right mind wakes up wanting to be like that to tell a few extra tickets. Those that do are twisted in the head.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I don't believe for a second he was going to get cut. He goes on Candace Owens (he must've been selling the gimmick HARD showing up on her shit) and tells his sob story. Maybe he was thinking in his head they would've cut him eventually if he was just himself. Most people don't find him to be a very exciting fighter but he's not Jon Fitch. I haven't left one of his fights going wow that was the most boring shit I've ever seen. Those that do haven't watched Anderson v. Maia in Abu Dhabi. Or Gonzaga v. Jordan (Awesome finish though).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 274 main/co-mains official now with Oliveira v. Gaethje for the LW title and Namajunas v. Esparza 2 for the SW title.

I'm loving both of these fights. Both could go either way. I definitely don't think Carla is getting the respect she deserves. I get why, she's lacking certain big wins in the division but she has one that counts and that's against Thug Rose.

Can Charles stop Gaethje? I think so. I've always respected Charles because he didn't give a fuck, fight anyone, submission master. But Gaethje is a killer with the hands. I definitely think he can KO Charles in the 1st round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big one for UK fighters tomorrow. Paddy looks like he's on the Conor/Till path of early main events. He's a ticket seller. Big fights for Aspinall, Shore, Craig and Allen in particular, with potential for contender fights on the horizon for all of them given their momentum and the opportunity to smash it in front of a home crowd. Throw in Leon and Till and there's a viable stadium show there if things fall into place. Hell, if Usman isn't ready for July, throw a UFC on Charity Shield weekend with Usman vs. Edwards on top at Tottenham Stadium with the rest of the (hopefully) winners on Saturday getting big fights on the main card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paddy has one fight and he's a ticket seller? He must be a big name on the local scene.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is. Used to sell out the decent sized arena in Liverpool with Cage Warriors so he's a growing name over here. I don't rate him that highly but he is popular.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that makes sense. I was like, the guy had 1 fight in the UFC on the early prelims=draw? But in that area it helps. The guy is 27, been fighting for over 10 years (Damn!) so I imagine he's probably done something. IDK if I'd throw a name like McGregor out there just yet. Till maybe.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not on the Paddy Wagon yet but when he said something like "i did the j-flow WOOP" had me cracking up. Him and that Mcmann I didn't understand 95% of what they said but it was hilarious. It has to be the same when some of you cats across the pond hear a really strong redneck accent from the States. Like the guy from Waterboy, the asst coach lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to shift gears and run a PPV here this year. That was epic. Pretty much every home favourite won in an emphatic manner. And we have a title contender without a date for his title shot. We've got Till too. They'd sell out an Anfield or Villa Park comfortably the way the 02 sold out. Supply and demand. The talent is there, run it. This card in August in a UK stadium:

Kamaru Usman vs. Leon Edwards for the Welterweight title
    Tom Aspinall vs. Tai Tuivasa
    Arnold Allen vs. Calvin Kattar
    Paddy Pimblett vs. Clay Guida
    Darren Till vs. Uriah Hall

Paul Craig vs. Anthony Smith
    Jack Shore vs. Ricky Simon
    Gunnar Nelson vs. Santiago Pontinibbio
    Molly McCann vs. Maycee Barber

Danny Roberts vs. Niko Price
    Davey Grant vs. Raulian Paiva
    Marc Diakese vs. Alexander Hernadez
    Muhammad Mokaev vs. Tim Elliott
    Nathaniel Wood vs. Vince Morales
    Mason Jones vs. Rafael Alves

Has enough representation from pretty much every part of the nation, northern Ireland aside. Title fight, top contender fight, step ups in attractive match ups for the pushed Brits. I don't think it would do huge on PPV in America, particularly if it's on at a reasonable hour local time, but it would do a big gate and be a massive spectacle. Maybe the smart play is to run that card without the title fight in an arena on ESPN, try and get the Brits wins and then you get an Aspinall and Arnold Allen title double header in a stadium next year instead. Either way, it's superb that we look like we genuinely have 2 potential World champions - I don't think Arnold Allen gets there, but Aspinall looks very, very promising. I think Gane and Blaydes are the tough match-ups of the division for anybody, but he's beat Volkov better than either of those guys did and showcased a very varied attack. They've got Jon Jones loitering as well and Dana seems intent on pushing for him to fight this year, so maybe we get Jones vs. Miocic for the interim title, Tuivasa vs. Aspinall, then either Ngannou comes back to unify the belt or he plays hardball a bit longer, they strip him and they match the winners. A theoretical title fight between P4P king Jones and local boy Aspinall at Old Trafford would be the ticket. Exciting times for British MMA.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Masvidal should really get cut from the UFC. You had your chance and you got dominated for 5 rounds. Don't sucker punch someone in a restaurant because you can't wrestle. How lame.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masvidal should really get cut from the UFC. You had your chance and you got dominated for 5 rounds. Don't sucker punch someone in a restaurant because you can't wrestle. How lame.
    I was wondering when the resident racist was going to champion the UFC's resident racist.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speak on my wife, kids, etc to a street dude, or really anyone for that matter and find out. See, you spend so much time hiding behind the computer and making stupid remarks you don't know what would happen if you said some of what you say to someone like me or really anyone else.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I don't think Masvidal should be cut. Having to live with being beaten by Colby and knowing definitively who the better fighter is should be forever enough.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's lost bigger fights. Losing a 5 round borefest to Colby isn't the end all be all especially when you made 10x more in the fight losing than the guy winning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Shit, we could go on and on, and on and on and on, about all the fights he's lost. That's a no-brainer. The issue is between the two of them though. And I just don't think it's necessary to punish Masvidsl any more than he already has to live with this particular and glaring defeat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Shit, we could go on and on, and on and on and on, about all the fights he's lost. That's a no-brainer. The issue is between the two of them though. And I just don't think it's necessary to punish Masvidsl any more than he already has to live with this particular and glaring defeat.
    His loss to Colby is already an afterthought. Masvidal won where it actually counts. We could go on forever no doubt, but I'm not really trying to go to bat for Colby in any aspect.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I hope it actually counts for him in the octagon. Bummer if not.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    at saying he won where it counts. Sucker punching at a restaurant with his goons with him and facing a felony charge. Jorge needs to grow up. He had his opportunity to handle business.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben Askren still butthurt that all those years of talking shit about the UFC, Dana, the fighters and he was demolished pretty much the entire time he was there. So it's understandable how he'd react.

STREET Jesus, not SCRIPT Jesus.

I do like the meme going around that says Leon didn't press charges. Colby was singing like it was the National Anthem lol.

Win or lose Jorge was coming after this dude who correct me if I'm wrong said something along the lines of wanting to take it to the parking lot with Jorge. Keep in mind, at no point did Jorge or any of his people say Jorge is just a gimmick. No fan says that shit. That's all you little weird Colby fans who live through him because he can actually fight, sorta. But if you're going to talk that shit to someone like a Masvidal, or a Diaz, don't be fucking shot when it goes down lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    I hope it actually counts for him in the octagon. Bummer if not.
    I'm sure it does but some people are just built differently.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Some people just need to grow up. Jorge's 37.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol @ Nate Diaz

Age is just a number. I'm 40 and trust me @Bert there are things people say that I could be 99 years old and still slap the taste out of your mouth. If I could. 99 is super old.

Man we just saw about 3 months ago 2 rap groups in their late 40's early 50's going at it over some nonsense. Again, some people are built differently. Some people hide behind security, police, social media, and try to do the whole "It's just a gimmick I was just playin dawg!" routine. I say this....Colby should grow up, watch his fuckin mouth, and things like this wouldn't seem to follow him. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence.

Maybe Colby should've worked on his shit talk game. All he has is bringing up family and then asking if you know how a bill comes to law lol. Talk about Jorge needs to grow up Colby isn't some 5 year old lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What did Colby say besides just calling Jorge a deadbeat Dad?

Really just seems like a reach for an excuse to sucker punch someone. Jorge has to table his fight promotion license for Vegas because he can't help being an idiot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Colby say besides just calling Jorge a deadbeat Dad?

Really just seems like a reach for an excuse to sucker punch someone. Jorge has to table his fight promotion license for Vegas because he can't help being an idiot.
    He kept asking Jorge how a bill comes in to law, that alone should be grounds for termination.

Man to Man I don't expect you to fully understand Jorge's thought process. Not a negative tone behind that. I'm just saying, you wouldn't do what Jorge did to Leon let alone show up and handle business. Not everything has to be sanctioned by Dana White. Jorge knew the consequences.

You like to parakeet what everyone else says on social media. You think all Colby has said this whole time was "Jorge you're a deadbeat dad!" Bert....You're a new dad, you have barely lifted a finger in this world. When you have Colby constantly bringing up people's wives, gf, kids, their country, religion, race, etc. this is what happens lol. He wants to be a parody of Chael, ask Chael what happens when you say the wrong thing to the right people. Ask McGregor.

Keyboard warriors and people who hide behind cops and security are your people not mine.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What has happened to Connor besides making millions?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has happened to Connor besides making millions?
    I mean he was just arrested yesterday. But I was moreso meaning the aftermath of Khabib v. McGregor. But yes, all McGregor has ever done in his entire life especially his MMA career is make millions. Doing absolutely nothing. Just chillin.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, McGregor got smashed in the cage for talking shit. Dillon Dannis is the one that got jumped on I believe. And he's supposed to fight for Eagle FC? Lol.

Arrested for reckless driving. Nothing to do with fighting or trash talk.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...content=wplg10

Jorge Masvidal, a globally popular UFC fighter, surrendered to Miami Beach police Wednesday night on a felony battery charge.

He was booked into Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center shortly after 10 p.m.

Local 10 News cameras captured Masvidal in handcuffs, quickly moving from a police vehicle inside the jail.

Now Masvidal will somehow have to wrestle this way out of legal trouble.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, McGregor got smashed in the cage for talking shit. Dillon Dannis is the one that got jumped on I believe. And he's supposed to fight for Eagle FC? Lol.

Arrested for reckless driving. Nothing to do with fighting or trash talk.
    McGregor and others could have EASILY had some of those guys arrested. Just like you and I can't hop the barricade at Dynamite and beat up Marko Stunt just because we're inside the ring lol.

Oh so reckless driving, nothing big oh well right? I mean let's not forget about the time McGregor jacked some old geezer in a bar. I didn't know we were getting specific in comparison but again, you're not really making a good case for whatever your argument is.

I get it, Colby Covington is like the dream persona for people like you. But even the god of war Khabib has backed Jorge. To the point of saying no fighter should accept a fight with Colby! LOL. But does Khabib know how a bill comes in to law??

Side rant: Who has the most cringe shit talking post-McGregor? Cejudo, Ferguson, or Proud Colby?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last part about him having to wrestle his way out of this was pretty fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cejudo is the king of cringe for a reason.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but he almost hit it with Nikki Bella so in a way that has to count for something. I'm leaning toward Tony. He doesn't even try.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How is being rejected "almost"?

Tell these boys, Nate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest I don't remember the story about Henry and Nikki Bella that well, it wasn't on my top 10 of things I should care about longer than 2 seconds list lol.

Nate's hilarious. A couple days ago I was watching a clip of him talking about slapping Khabib. He sorta regretted it but didn't lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jorge pleads not guilty. Court set for April 21st.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird card tomorrow. Plenty to like and deep, but with a pretty poor main and co-main. The biggest fight is 4th down - Askarov and Kai aren't draws, but neither are Daukaus or Blaydes, so I don't understand the order. Alas, it is what it is. Quite a few ranked fighters, big nights at flyweight and the women's divisions, guaranteed banger in Brown vs. Barbarena, some very good prospects. A crowd too. Should be a good time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a card that looks mediocre on paper but will deliver. Shout to my son for having ESPN+

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weirdly relevant for a Fight Night though. Usually these cards are an array of guys that are 1-3 in the UFC fighting each other. This card has legit prospects and contenders, there's just not a lot of sizzle. Curtis Blaydes will do that to ya. Still, I think Blaydes, Grasso, Askarov, Fiorot, Dvorak and Rosa are on title shot trajectory in the next 18 months so significant fights there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I truly understand the "hate" that Blaydes gets. His only losses are to Ngannou and Lewis (in the UFC). 3 losses in 6 years, 2 to the same guy who is now the champion and the other guy is top 5. 10 stoppages, 5 decisions. Not a single one of those decisions were on the level of Lewis v. Ngannou or Usman v. Masvidal 1.

This would be the perfect guy I would put up against Stipe or if we don't see Ngannou v. Jones have Jones' HW debut against Blaydes. If you get through Blaydes you deserve a title shot right? Give him Cyril. I don't think Cyril could take him.

He looks like dude who plays Black Lightning too.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

AND NEW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say so, but if it hits the ground it is as equally one sided as it looks on the feet. Glover is an animal. Great fight.

Next card is fantastic. Two title fights and Chimaev vs. Burns. Plenty of depth too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prochazka fights Glover like he has some of these others cats he's going to get knocked the fuck out or submitted. Should be a great fight. Loving Glover as champ but Prochazka is a killer-he just fights too carelessly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rothwell got cut and the fight with Gustafsson canceled.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met Rothwell a few times in Vegas and he is a cool and also intimidating guy. Sad to hear he got cut. He has been a dangerous heavyweight for seemingly decades now. Did he do something or was it because UFC just didn't want to pay him a probably high salary due to how long he's been around?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    How do you guys see Khamzat/Burns going? I'm kind of intrigued by this fight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    How do you guys see Khamzat/Burns going? I'm kind of intrigued by this fight.
    I wish I was a younger fight fan because we've seen so many of these hype trains and very few actually do anything. I was definitely on the fence about Khamzat because it's annoying hearing how a guy can kill everyone based on some nice finishes.

Gilbert Burns is another guy I wasn't sold on either but he didn't have the hype. I don't think he wins here. Part of me is sold on Khamzat and Burns is going to get finished in the first round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khamzat looks the greatest prospect of all time. That doesn't necessarily guarantee success at the highest level, but I can't recall anybody looking as staggeringly good as him every time out. Even when Jon Jones stepped up to a higher level with the Brandon Vera fight, there were doubts about his finishing ability and fight IQ given the DQ against Matt Hamill. There's nothing to suggest so far that there's even a chink in Chimaev's armor, which makes this such a fascinating fight because Burns is so good. I know there's inevitably going to be the old "it was a middleweight against a lightweight" to discredit Khamzat with a win, but Burns is a very legitimate welterweight who has beaten well sized welterweights in Maia, Woodley and Wonderboy convincingly. If Khamzat runs through him that Usman fight, Leon upset notwithstanding, is the biggest welterweight title fight since GSP vs. Hendricks. No doubt the two most dangerous, legitimate welterweights colliding. That may be discrediting Covington, but Covington's best win isn't better than prime Burns.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khamzat looks the greatest prospect of all time. That doesn't necessarily guarantee success at the highest level, but I can't recall anybody looking as staggeringly good as him every time out. Even when Jon Jones stepped up to a higher level with the Brandon Vera fight, there were doubts about his finishing ability and fight IQ given the DQ against Matt Hamill. There's nothing to suggest so far that there's even a chink in Chimaev's armor, which makes this such a fascinating fight because Burns is so good. I know there's inevitably going to be the old "it was a middleweight against a lightweight" to discredit Khamzat with a win, but Burns is a very legitimate welterweight who has beaten well sized welterweights in Maia, Woodley and Wonderboy convincingly. If Khamzat runs through him that Usman fight, Leon upset notwithstanding, is the biggest welterweight title fight since GSP vs. Hendricks. No doubt the two most dangerous, legitimate welterweights colliding. That may be discrediting Covington, but Covington's best win isn't better than prime Burns.
    The downside to those names you mentioned for Burns is that Burns beat them when they were past their prime, even Wonderboy. Wonderboy just has subpar wrestling defense anyway.

I have to disagree about you saying Khamzat v. Usman will be the biggest WW Title fight since GSP/Hendricks. I'm not really sure what you mean by that as well. Buyrate? Skill v. skill? Name value? Khamzat will have 1 "name" on his resume that will matter if he gets a title fight and that's Burns who isn't exactly a household name. I don't think Usman v. Khamzat is going to do a million buys like Masvidal v. Usman 1 and I don't think rankings wise it's bigger than Usman v. Colby.

So yeah a little confused by that comparison.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skill for skill. Covington is excellent but he lost rounds to Maia and RDA. Choked out by Warley Alves too. Usman has looked pretty imperious in the UFC, and so has Khamzat thus far. I think you underestimate the hype train too, I don't think it quite does Usman vs. Masvidal numbers but it won't be far off. He'll be the talk of the entire sport if he runs through Burns. He's potentially a huge star.

Also, if Usman beats Edwards it will be his shot at 17-0, pushing him past Anderson. They'll push the GOAT angle hard.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skill for skill. Covington is excellent but he lost rounds to Maia and RDA. Choked out by Warley Alves too. Usman has looked pretty imperious in the UFC, and so has Khamzat thus far. I think you underestimate the hype train too, I don't think it quite does Usman vs. Masvidal numbers but it won't be far off. He'll be the talk of the entire sport if he runs through Burns. He's potentially a huge star.

Also, if Usman beats Edwards it will be his shot at 17-0, pushing him past Anderson. They'll push the GOAT angle hard.
    I think you're overestimating Burns' name value as I don't think the majority of people who watch the UFC will have much of a clue who he is despite fighting for the title.

You like to think 7-8 steps ahead and I love it, but I think you're going way out there with this one.

I don't know if I agree about skill v. skill. You're jumping over a ton of big fights for the WW championship with highly skilled fighters. You might be buying a little too much into the hype train for this guy but we'll see. I'm almost there with you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a high/low thing at the moment. Going on today's data I would agree it's jumping the gun, but the metrics of his growth thus far supports him becoming an absolute superstar if he beats Burns. And that's not because Burns is a star, it's because Burns is an excellent fighter, and if Chimaev smashes a guy like that, particularly with his odd charisma and post-fight stuff, it justifies the hype and combines that with sporting merit. I liken this, and the Li fight last October, to the Askren and Diaz fights for Masvidal. He goes into it with hype after the Till fight, then he has the platform to become a superstar with big wins in hyped fights. But as good as Masvidal was in that stretch, there was always the sporting aspect of him getting over the hurdle after being a point fighting journeyman for so long. This Chimaev, with a big win, he looks like the favourite against the guy ranked P4P #1, looking to defend his title for a 7th title defence and to reach the hardest milestone in UFC history. Nobody has got to 17-0. Can he get there by stopping the unstoppable prospect? It writes itself.

Of course, Usman probably has a stinker of a fight with Leon, breaks his hand, then postpones the fight as the hype for it cools off. But there we are. High/low. Usman looks great, Khamzat looks great and it's that fight that I see it as.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also can't forget that someone like Masvidal had been building his star power for like 15 years. I'll be honest, I'm not sure where Masvidal's career would be without the Leon Edwards situation. Leon is still just the guy who got smacked up like a bitch.

Khamzat has the potential no doubt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana's now saying that if Khamzat beats Burns he'll fight Colby in a main event on ABC. That would be massive.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wouldn't know who to root for.

Probably Colby though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oleinik is a beast.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cejudo is helping a lot of people including Korean Zombie and Jiri.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What... a... fight!!! Wow

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Petyr should get a rematch that was at most a draw.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that card went just about as well as they could've wanted really. Volk got a much needed finish, Sterling won but left it open for an eventually third fight, Chimaev and Burns' stocks went way up and Borgz stayed undefeated while showing the intangibles we needed to see, Mackenzie Dern won, Ian Garry, Piera Rodriguez and Mark O Madsen stayed undefeated, and Oleynik kept his career going. Some good fights on the horizon now.

A win for Leon Edwards too, fight was close enough to not take his title shot off him.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; April 10th, 2022 at 3:52 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Dana's now saying that if Khamzat beats Burns he'll fight Colby in a main event on ABC. That would be massive.
    I might be off but I actually think Chimaev will have an "easier" time with Covington than he did Burns. The two things that made it so difficult for Chimaev is that Burns hits like a truck and has beastly BJJ, Colby has neither, his strengths are wrestling and cardio. Khamzat said after the fight that he probably could have taken Burns down pretty much at will but he felt too vary of Burns grappling. Hope the Khamzat/Colby happens though, perfect title eliminator if Chimaev wins. Not sure Colby would get a third crack though..?

/Oh, Rogan was asking for translations for Chimaev's corner between rounds 2 and 3 so here's an exclusive for Rajah; "SLÅSS INTE ME HAN!! SLÅSS INTE ME HAN!!". Directly translated it means "Don't fight with him" but the actual meaning was "Don't fucking brawl with him". Chimaev actually has really slick striking skills, so standing in the pocket exchanging bombs with a fire hydrant like Burns isn't the smartest thing to do.
    Last edited by OD50; April 10th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.