User Tag List

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 899596979899
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 9820

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for Gus. The guy spent most of his late 20's on the sidelines with several big injuries. I just wonder if he had been more active where he would be. Champion? I mean in both title fights, he lost by split decision so he was 1 judge away from being champ.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a point about this back in the day that had the judges (or at least their criteria) been switched between the DC and his Jones fight he would have won both of those fights.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking through the LHW rankings there really aren't many options for him. I guess he can wait to see what happens with DC/Stipe or fight OSP if he beats Ilir Latifi. As far as I can see he won't fight either Latifi or Manuwa. The "rising stars" at 205 Corey Anderson, Misha Cirkunov and Volkan all got rinsed in their latest fights as well. Shogun is a on a three fight win streak or something, but is anyone clamoring for Shogun/Gus II? I doubt it.

If OSP beats Latifi, Gus/OSP would make a solid #1 contenders fight. OSP would probably move up to #3 or #4 (currently at #5) and would be coming off a W over Gus' teammate.
    Last edited by OD50; February 23rd, 2018 at 2:22 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OSP knocked out my cousin Joe Cason in Strikeforce in like a minute. Joe had murdered every other HW around with ease it seemed and he got the call up to go fight on Showtime for SF. It was heartbreaking. Right before that fight, Joe fought Sean Salmon and killed him in a minute. How Salmon is even alive today is beyond me.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Lee/Edson Barboza announced for April 21, makes sense with them losing to 1A and 1B so to speak. Should be a fun fight.

Man, Sean Salmon, there's a blast from the past.. Looks like he has retired now at least, last fought in 2013 on a 12-fight losing streak. Went out 18-21.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope Kevin doesn't show up with that staph infection that looked like a human head was forming out of his chest.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marlon Moraes/Jimmie Rivera seems likely for UFC Utica on June 1 as well. Should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light Heavyweight in such bad shape. If Jones gets what he deserves and is out 4 years, the division in a year's time (no way D.C. healthily makes 205 before his self imposed retirement in March next year if he puts on weight for Stipe) will be Gustafsson, rickety knees Shogun, OSP and a few sluggers in Glover, No Time and Manuwa. Most of them are getting on a bit too. If I'm Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Branch, Santos and Machida at bare minimum, I fancy that and stop cutting weight to fight. The former three would be favourites against anyone not named Gustafsson, and with their grappling acumen I don't see him as an insurmountable challenge either. He'd be a comfortable favourite, but could find himself giving up his speed advantages. Mad to think that at one point in time 205 around 2008/09 was Rampage, Liddell, Ortiz, Wanderlei, Henderson, Shogun, Arona, Lil Nog, Griffin, Machida, Jardine, Franklin, Hamill, Bonnar, Thiago Silva, Vera, Couture, occasionally Anderson, with guys like Bader, Jones, Gustafsson and Glover as prospects coming up. Prime version of all of those guys give everybody outside of Gustafsson in the top 15 a fight nowadays, even a Brandon Vera. Prime Chuck eats them all for breakfast, as do half that list.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Light Heavyweight in such bad shape. If Jones gets what he deserves and is out 4 years, the division in a year's time (no way D.C. healthily makes 205 before his self imposed retirement in March next year if he puts on weight for Stipe) will be Gustafsson, rickety knees Shogun, OSP and a few sluggers in Glover, No Time and Manuwa. Most of them are getting on a bit too. If I'm Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Branch, Santos and Machida at bare minimum, I fancy that and stop cutting weight to fight. The former three would be favourites against anyone not named Gustafsson, and with their grappling acumen I don't see him as an insurmountable challenge either. He'd be a comfortable favourite, but could find himself giving up his speed advantages. Mad to think that at one point in time 205 around 2008/09 was Rampage, Liddell, Ortiz, Wanderlei, Henderson, Shogun, Arona, Lil Nog, Griffin, Machida, Jardine, Franklin, Hamill, Bonnar, Thiago Silva, Vera, Couture, occasionally Anderson, with guys like Bader, Jones, Gustafsson and Glover as prospects coming up. Prime version of all of those guys give everybody outside of Gustafsson in the top 15 a fight nowadays, even a Brandon Vera. Prime Chuck eats them all for breakfast, as do half that list.
    2 things....#1, spot on about LHW. I really don't know what happened but the division is back to what it was when Chuck, Randy, and Tito were champs and the only big fights were them against each other with Vitor Belfort sometimes in the mix. The Pride merger helped that division more than any other but it only took a couple years before all the top draws were either getting murked left and right, hurt, or just faded out.

Like Shogun, he's on a 3 fight win streak....5 years ago that would have been huge. But nobody is really going, I want to see Shogun challenge Cormier for the belt.

The other thing....the comment "Jones gets what he deserves". What exactly did he do that was so wrong to where he would DESERVE to get 4 years or are you meaning if he's found guilty?

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corey Anderson/Patrick Cummings
    Jan Blachowicz/Jimi Manuwa

Are the only other fights set at 205, not exactly mind blowing..

/I'm thinking that Tyson Pedro might be kind of an exciting prospect even if he lost to Latifi. 7-1 and only 26.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit that if the UFC did less shows, had less fighters, every division would look better and we'd have a lot bigger draws. See, back not even 5 years ago you could sink your teeth into an up and comer. Now, shit if you're not doing your research and watching all 79 events, you will have no clue why a Corey Anderson is ranked in the top 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    2 things....#1, spot on about LHW. I really don't know what happened but the division is back to what it was when Chuck, Randy, and Tito were champs and the only big fights were them against each other with Vitor Belfort sometimes in the mix. The Pride merger helped that division more than any other but it only took a couple years before all the top draws were either getting murked left and right, hurt, or just faded out.

Like Shogun, he's on a 3 fight win streak....5 years ago that would have been huge. But nobody is really going, I want to see Shogun challenge Cormier for the belt.

The other thing....the comment "Jones gets what he deserves". What exactly did he do that was so wrong to where he would DESERVE to get 4 years or are you meaning if he's found guilty?
    What do you mean found guilty? He failed two drug tests in three scheduled fights during the USADA era. He's wealthy enough to have the best legal supplements, and access to the best doctors to insure no slip ups when it comes to having illegal substances in his system. So either he's a persistant cheat or he's the thickest, most ignorant person on the planet. For me, both outcomes deserve the strictest punishment USADA can deliver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Just noticed Jacare/Gastelum was announced for 224. Thinking what's next for Weidman?
    Derek Brunson? Not a marquee fight of course, but seeing as everyone else up top is tied up and Chris is still only so hot just one fight removed from a 3 fight skid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Ex-middleweight champion Luke Rockhold planning move to light heavyweight

"I'm not too excited about making that weight cut again," Rockhold told ESPN. "I just don't feel nearly as strong, powerful, quick. It takes a lot out of me.

"Pretty much Bisping is the only reason I would torture myself to get back there. That's a loss that doesn't sit well with me. I know the UFC is very interested in that fight and will pursue it on their end. If he doesn't accept it, there's no reason for me to stay at 185."

"Mr. Gustafsson has reached out, opened his mouth, and that's a fight that interests me -- very much so," Rockhold said. "I like that matchup. I like every matchup at 205. There's a lot of interesting things there, and I'm not coming to play around."
    Last edited by percussion13; February 23rd, 2018 at 6:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news for 205. Rockhold can put together a quick run for a title shot. It's par the course for a lot of fighters - once it's clear they're a couple of years away from another shot, change weight class and they know the "2 weight champ" angle will push them into a title fight quite quickly. Or immediately in some cases. Quite surprised Aldo hasn't declared a move up to 155 already, he's actually one of the only guys I'd fancy stylistically against Khabib.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gus/Rockhold main eventing a card here in Sweden would be pretty cool. But would a guy coming up from 185 and a bad KO get a fight against the #1 at LHW? Maybe do Shogun/Rockhold at 205 first? Rockhold would probably be the bigger, stronger guy in that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Latifi wins tonight, Rockhold vs. Latifi. If OSP wins, him against Gus for the #1 contender (or even vacant champ?) position and Rockhold against a Manuwa or Glover coming off a win. The division is so bad though. I rate Gian Vilante as comfortably one of the bottom 20% in terms of ability in the whole UFC and he's ranked at light heavyweight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renan Barao just got the shit kicked out of him by a man that got submitted by Marlon Vera a little more than half a year ago. Never seen a champion drop off so sharply, at such a young age.

النهاية قادمة ..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, how about those two elbows to the back of the head and glancing knee/kick to a downed opponent? Was kind of ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly the most savage UFC finish of all time, combining the fouls with that ludicrous final elbow smash that broke Emmett's face in three places. Jeremy Stephens does not fuck about, the dirty bastard.

Really good card I thought. Big knockouts, plenty of submissions, come from behind wins, wars. Jessica Andrade, if her takedowns continue to improve, gets that belt. Tough as old shoe leather. Impressed by Latifi too. To make matters worse for 205, 3 of the top 5 in the shallowest division train with each other and therefore won't fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    So, how about those two elbows to the back of the head and glancing knee/kick to a downed opponent? Was kind of ugly.
    None of those shots mattered.