User Tag List

Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to know what Cain is doing to prepare for the mutant Lesnar. Cain isn't exactly a huge HW, hell I heard a rumor last year that he had contemplated dropping down to 205.......

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully in exchange for some help on that atrocious thing Barry calls his ground game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chael just emailed me back. He is denying that he tested positive for PED's. Something else is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen
    Thanks buddy. I didn't test positive for PED's, that wasn't the issue.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Hopefully in exchange for some help on that atrocious thing Barry calls his ground game.
    Yeah, that would be a good idea. They could probably both learn quite a bit from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by PMBR View Post
    Chael just emailed me back. He is denying that he tested positive for PED's. Something else is going on.
    Interesting. Some guy on the mmajunkie forums apparently broke this story on the 14th.. saying that he tested positive and that we'd probably hear about it in a week. Madness. I guess we'll see. Either way, he's not getting that title shot. Appeals take a long time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I REEEEEALLY want Chael to be telling the truth and that this has all been a misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough. Chael will do anything to win, even cheat. Apparently the only thing he wont do is learn bjj.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Tough. Chael will do anything to win, even cheat. Apparently the only thing he wont do is learn bjj.
    Well that's because it's gay.

Can't really blame him for not wanting to learn gay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Laz. The outfit they make you wear is pronounced "gee", not "gay". It's actually spelled gi.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...cle_6871.shtml

In another twist to Chael Sonnen's failed steroid test at UFC 117 before his fight with Anderson Silva, Sonnen reportedly informed California State Athletic Commission Executive Director George Dodd that he had been taking something that would bring about a positive result on the test.

"He only indicated that he was taking it but he never indicated why," Dodd said to SI.com's Josh Gross. "He just let me know he was taking [something] and that's when I called over an inspector to get it documented. But when you do take it you still have to show a medical reason."
    This just got... weirder.

Rush
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you'd think he'd say "I've been taking DRUG-X (lol) because I .. REASON X .. "

Instead of just saying, "I've been taking DRUG-X (lol)"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the biggest thing that bugs me. Chael Sonnen is clearly an intelligent man. Why would anyone knowingly take banned substances when they are obviously aware that they will be tested?

It makes me believe that either this is a mistake OR he took something that he didn't know would set off the tests.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or he timed his dosing incorrectly.

Do you think all athletes who test positive only do so because they are stupid? They cheat because they think they can get away with it. They most likely know others who have gotten away with it and continue to do so. It is virtually a certainty that if UFC (and boxing too most likely) had Olympic-style testing, many, many competitors would be caught dosing.

When it comes to professional sport, there are doctors and other people who will offer paid services assisting in athletes in how to effectively cheat through use of ban substances.
    Last edited by El Capitano Gatisto; September 21st, 2010 at 1:00 PM.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is it that you do again Gatisto?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lots of steroids

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sherk couldn't get his turned over, Chael isn't getting his.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherk got his reduced by 6 months though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Sherk got his reduced by 6 months though
    Wasn't that all that Leben and Bonnar got as well? Still, he's out of the rematch (which I still to this day don't really think he deserved, fuck rematches).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're kidding right? You were the guy who complained when I said that Lashley vs Griggs II shouldn't happen!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember what Bonnar got, but Leben got a full year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're kidding right? You were the guy who complained when I said that Lashley vs Griggs II shouldn't happen!
    I never complained lol, I just gave an argument as to why I could see a rematch happening. Sometimes this board just gets so boring with so many people agreeing and just giving one-sided opinions, I like to add a little depth. Here's what I said yesterday in the Strikeforce thread about the whole situation when Dub and I were talking about it:

So with that said, I think there's enough reason for a rematch. Lashley was winning that fight until they were stood up, and if Fedor, BJ, Chael Sonnen and a laundry list of other fighters recently can get automatic rematches why not? Lashley isn't a name in MMA or really pro wrestling for that matter, Griggs is practically unknown. I don't know, I can see why they would do a rematch and I can see why they won't.

To be honest, I think that a rematch would be a step back for both guys. Lashley v. Batista would be a great "freakshow" fight and Griggs should keep trying to make a name for himself against others, just like Lashley should.
    These 2 parts are pretty much what I've been saying about the whole ordeal between Lashley and Griggs since the fight happened. Especially the last part where I basically point out that a rematch isn't worth it. I know, off the subject, but I felt like you needed to be corrected with your statement about what I say and how I feel about certain things.

IMO though, giving someone an automatic title rematch when it's clear who won the fight isn't necessary. I don't care if dude was roided up handling Silva, the fact is Silva ended the fight...not on some fluke, not on some bullshit ref stoppage, but he was putting Chael into slumberland. If it was a non-title fight, I wouldn't even think twice about an immediate rematch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    If it was a non-title fight, I wouldn't even think twice about an immediate rematch.
    Why not? If it had been a non-title fight Sonnen would have won by undeniable UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember what Bonnar got, but Leben got a full year.
    9 months. I wonder if it depends on the level and the drug taken. Karo was also suspended for 9 months. In a way I did feel bad for Sherk because he somewhat proved that the tests were "faulty", but the fact he's been pulling out of 2 or 3 different fights due to injuries make me wonder had he still been juicing would he have been able to recover and not pull out.....Hmmm, how steroids and other drugs can FUCK a fighter and their rep cuz Sherk has a very impressive resume...

Why not? If it had been a non-title fight Sonnen would have won by undeniable UD.
    How about we pretend that what Silva did happened in the 3rd instead of the 5th.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sonnen had lasted the fight, would Silva have gotten his title back when they found that Sonnen was on PEDs?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would assume so. Not positive though on how that works, they may also have vacated it putting Anderson in the next title fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If Sonnen had lasted the fight, would Silva have gotten his title back when they found that Sonnen was on PEDs?
    In Tim Sylvia's case, after he beat Gan, he tested positive for roids, vacated the belt himself, and then fought Frank Mir for the vacant title when he came back from suspension. Josh Barnett, similar situation when he beat Couture, Couture didn't get the title back but he was put in a fight with Ricco Rodriguez for the vacant title. Josh bailed to Japan to dislocate his shoulder.

I think Sherk was stripped because of inactivity, can't think of any other incidents in the UFC off the top of my dome. So I guess it all depends on if he'd vacate it himself, if the UFC would strip him depending on the length of the suspension and when another title defense would be.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahah with the move ive had at the moment i have fallen out of contact with MMA over the last few weeks. got a lot of reading to do i see.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ps PED should be legal in all sports.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belfort out at 122, Marquardt as replacement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...mmaweeknm09110

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Injury". Right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame. Is it me or have more and more fighters been getting injured? Could be just that there are more fights, more sites covering these things that it appears to be more than the usual. Seriously though, wasn't there a ppv last year that had like 7 fighters pull out due to injury?

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there are a few theories. They either pull out for reasons other than injury (to avoid a drug test).

They pull out with a niggling injury because financially they don't need to fight injured as they may have "back in the day" or they don't think its worth the risk fighting and running the risk of being cut.

A lot of fighters are getting older and have been doing this a long time. Someone like Belfort has been fighting and training for a long time. He might be just picking up niggling injuries as he ages like all sports people do.

Fulltime training is resulting in more wear on the body and thus more injuries.

Possibly a combination of all those.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 122 keeps getting better and better. I might just have to fly half way around the world to see it.. or just watch it for free (thank god) at home cuz its not really that good and I was totally exaggerating.

I wonder if this is legit or if its a way to Belfort/Silva at the beginning of the year, with Marquardt/Okami getting the winner.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Could very well be a ploy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cash View Post
    ps PED should be legal in all sports.
    No thanks. Would not be fun seeing guys drop dead from using diuretics to make weight or from using stimulants to give them an edge.

Steroids will probably only kill them years down the line.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athletes are using anything they can possibly get away with now anyway. All the testing does is catch the stupider of the dopers or the unluckiest. Unless there was a 100 percent foolproof method of catching drug cheats then we constantly have to put marks against greatness. People question Usain Bolt for his times, Alistair Overeem for how he looks, Lance Armstrong for his incredible records (plus the general distrust of the field of cycling)

People will do whatever they can to win. I don't see why we draw the line at drugs. Is it for the athletes safety or do we feel cheated by times "assisted" by science. If its the latter then that is nonsense because sports science in general is the reason why these records keep getting beaten.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hahaha Pete you are genuinely insane.

The problem with steroids being legalized is that it pretty much forces the fighters to use it seeing how everyone else will be at a hugely unfair advantage if they don't. Just the nature of the beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cash View Post
    Athletes are using anything they can possibly get away with now anyway. All the testing does is catch the stupider of the dopers or the unluckiest. Unless there was a 100 percent foolproof method of catching drug cheats then we constantly have to put marks against greatness. People question Usain Bolt for his times, Alistair Overeem for how he looks, Lance Armstrong for his incredible records (plus the general distrust of the field of cycling)

People will do whatever they can to win. I don't see why we draw the line at drugs. Is it for the athletes safety or do we feel cheated by times "assisted" by science. If its the latter then that is nonsense because sports science in general is the reason why these records keep getting beaten.
    It should be both a welfare consideration and an issue of wanting to see athletes do well based on physical ability rather than who has the best doctor.

Things like anabolic steroids, HGH and EPO have serious health implications and it's actually questionable what benefit these bring to athletic performance anyway (save for EPO). Anabolic steroid use will bulk a fighter up but they'll also reduce their speed and endurance. The practical use in many sports isn't apparent. There is no real proof that HGH offers any benefit to athletic performance despite its abuse being associated with plenty of health concerns. I would be stunned if any of these drugs could actually turn an average athlete into a brilliant one but I could understand why average athletes would use them to gain an edge in competition. The major benefit for careful anabolic steroid use would be to increase training workload and aid recovery, but I would question whether the very best around would need to do this.

Stimulant/diuretic use is somewhat easier to pick up because by their nature they have to be taken for an event, so if testing is done immediately, they will be detected. Not so if they are used during training to help aid weight loss obviously.

For me it's a question of fighter welfare and preventing exploitation by unscrupulous pharmacists/doctors making money from a person's need to achieve their goals any way possible.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already came out that Belfort isn't injured. Trying to set up up Silva/Belfort for 125
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20748/cham...ly-ufc-125.mma

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fair enough trade. Seeing how Chael Sonnen just has to be a cheating cock I prefer this anyways.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still kinda bothered by the fact that Belfort has never beaten anyone at 185 in the UFC before getting his title shot. Jake Shields is fighting Martin Kampmann and most likely Jon Fitch before getting his.. and he came over as a current champ from the "no.2" promotion in the world and on a 14-fight win streak that's lasted 5 years, while gathering wins over some of the bigger names in the sport.. if anyone can justify an immediate title shot, its Shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Nate was deserving of a shot, especially with the way that he beat Palhares. I'm glad Nate didn't get the title shot before Belfort. On paper, this makes more sense and they CLEARLY don't give a fuck about 122.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm still kinda bothered by the fact that Belfort has never beaten anyone at 185 in the UFC before getting his title shot. Jake Shields is fighting Martin Kampmann and most likely Jon Fitch before getting his.. and he came over as a current champ from the "no.2" promotion in the world and on a 14-fight win streak that's lasted 5 years, while gathering wins over some of the bigger names in the sport.. if anyone can justify an immediate title shot, its Shields.
    To be fair wasn't the winner of Kos/Daley already announced to fight GSP before Shields was signed? He's getting Kampmann probably because they don't want to wait for GSP/Kos to be done before he debuts. Besides this gives him some good exposure to UFC fans, many of whom (myself included) have never seen him fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is the depth of the division. The welterweights have LOTS of deserving contenders on win streaks. The middleweights have none.
    Palhares - lost
    Sonnen - lost
    Marquardt - 1-1 in last two
    Bisping - 1-1 in last two
    Wanderlei - injured, only one win in division
    Leben - on a streak, but not a contender yet
    Maia - one fight after being raped
    Belcher - out indefinitely due to injury
    Franklin - left the division
    Okami - needs to beat contenders first

Belfort is a gift because he has the credibility of being a former champion, has a winning streak and he has beaten a former UFC champion in his last fight.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it really is the depth of the divisions more than anything else. The UFC has some great middleweights, but its like the 205 division cuz everyone has traded wins/losses with each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if Shields looks awesome against Martin he'll get a title shot against the winner of Kos/GSP.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno though cuz Fitch is 5-0 since the GSP loss.. and he's 5-0 against Paulo Thiago, Ben Saunders, Thiago Alves, Mike Pierce, and Akihiro Gono.. and by then, the way injuries work.. he could easily have picked up and won another fight. I think if Shields finishes Kampmann, he gets the title shot.. but if he wins by decision, he probably fights Fitch first. You gotta remember that GSP/Kos isn't til December, so the winner won't be fighting again until the late spring or early summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana likes money. He is clearly smart enough to know that at this point

GSP vs Shields = $$$$$$$
    GSP vs Fitch = $$$$
    GSP vs Kampmann = $$$

That's why he isn't committing to Fitch as the next contender. If Shields beats Kampmann, he's gold as a contender and Fitch would need to step back. If for some reason Kampmann wins but in an unimpressive way, Fitch can step in. In the event that Kampmann wins in a MAJOR way, then the door is open for him to get the shot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Could very well be a ploy.
    Already came out that Belfort isn't injured. Trying to set up up Silva/Belfort for 125
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20748/cham...ly-ufc-125.mma
    How could I have guessed it..?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey .. at least now instead of watching a legend, you get to watch his greatness.. Marquardt.

They really do need to throw another big fight on this card. It should be called UFC 122: Life Support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 122: Still Watching?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 122: It's Free!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    UFC 122: Don't Be There!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 122: No Refunds

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Well, turns out my bro actually hasn't bought any 122 tickets yet. I'm trying to convince him it's a really bad idea going, he's a fan of Belfort so hopefully him dropping out will help me in persuading him.

I do however have tickets to UFC 120. I'm not regretting buying them though, I'm mainly there to see Alexander Gustafsson and Akiyama anyway.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 120 is a pretty good card. I'd go if it were anywhere even remotely close.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, it doesn't have the huge names but I think there could be some really good fights going down. Watching Alexander Gustafsson fight for his UFC career will be pretty intense too, for Swedes like me at least.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Hardy/Condit is gonna be a war. Listening to Pyle on Junkie Radio has got me pumped up to see his fight with Hathaway too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Hathaway is a very interesting fighter, looking forward to see him fight again. I kind of like Pyle, first time I saw him was way back on an MMA show from Denmark. He was a real noob at the time, 2-1 or something.

I'm still amazed that he subbed Hornbuckle though, I feel Dan beats him 9/10 times.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann at UFC 125. Interesting fight there. Bit of a step backwards for Leben I think, but Stann is a very capable fighter. Looked good in his middleweight debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann at UFC 125. Interesting fight there. Bit of a step backwards for Leben I think, but Stann is a very capable fighter. Looked good in his middleweight debut.
    Weak, I really thought he was going to get his wish.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Chael Sonnen will be on MMA Live tomorrow. Should be interesting.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that will be interesting. Where can I stream that???

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana likes money. He is clearly smart enough to know that at this point

GSP vs Shields = $$$$$$$
    GSP vs Fitch = $$$$
    GSP vs Kampmann = $$$

That's why he isn't committing to Fitch as the next contender. If Shields beats Kampmann, he's gold as a contender and Fitch would need to step back. If for some reason Kampmann wins but in an unimpressive way, Fitch can step in. In the event that Kampmann wins in a MAJOR way, then the door is open for him to get the shot.
    Jon Fitch = No buys
    GSP = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with anyone

It is like the unstoppable force vs the immovable object

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GSP could fight a stick of carrot and people would pay to watch.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey at least he could probably finish the carrot .. am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....... I'm playin

Check it out, sitting here there thinking about will Anderson Silva's last fight be against Vitor Belfort. If he beats Vitor, I don't see another fight that matters. Does he REALLLLY need to prove he can beat Okami, Takuse(sp?), etc. just cuz he lost? I mean, in a sense he is like a modern day Bruce Lee movie so it could work for a video game..hmmm.

Poor Chael. Part of me feels like the following:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson gets paid to fight. Handsomely. He'll fight until he feels he's not doing it at the highest level, not because all key "obstacles" have been overcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUGE step back for Leben! He just beat a top 10 middleweight. Now he goes to fight somebody who wasn't even top 25 in his previous division. I was hoping he would get Dan Miller or the winner of Sakara/Rivera.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JLbe-RnDw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Wanderlei Silva gets in Chael Sonnen's face UFC Fight Night w/ Dana White[/ame]

Wand is the coolest man alive.

Dana's talking to Obama?!?!
    Last edited by Dubya; September 23rd, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped watching after the "confrontation" in the car about halfway through. Is this poor titling or does Wandy actually end up getting in Chael's face?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Nah, he isn't hostile at all. He just calmly tells Sonnnen that he should show more respect to Brazil, The Nogueiras etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ya, good video but misleading title.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonnen won't be on MMA Live after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A must watch for any MMA fan, UFC 54. Liddell v. Horn. Tons of great performances from MMA's best. GSP v. Frank Trigg, Couture v. Van Arsdale, and the awesome Irvin/Martin fight. That's not a joke either.

Quote this with your thoughts and if you haven't seen this event make this a priority.

Peace.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    In retrospect, Horn/Chuck, GSP/Trigg and Couture/Van Arsdale was more or less mismatches. Horn was a blown up MW that only got the title fight because he subbed Liddell way back in the caveman days of the UFC. Haven't watched the fight in years but as far as I can remember Chuck was beating up on him pretty much all the way, until Gumby couldn't take any more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little behind on the news and didn't even know that Todd Duffee got fired but yay, I hated that twat.

Might as well post something from today.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yK0tCki_0c"]YouTube - The Rock Admits He Would Have Been an MMA Fighter[/ame]
    Last edited by Bert; September 26th, 2010 at 3:51 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I agree, couldn't stand Duffee.

mouth breather
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But love The Rock.

Er, I mean Dwayne.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I agree, couldn't stand Duffee.
    Neither could Dana. Apparently Duffee was kind of a dickhead. Or in Mr. White's words: ''..had a horrible attitude..".

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No apparantly about it OD, have you ever heard his interviews? Comes across as a total cock.

And got knocked out by a love tap on the top of the head.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the special "Ultimate Gracie" that they played after the debut of TUF12 and I found out for the first time that in Royce Gracie's first fight his opponent fought him with one boxing glove on and tapped with Gracie on top of him really doing nothing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Art Jimmerson, infamous part of MMA history. He wore the glove because he didn't want to injure his strong hand. I believe he had a boxing match scheduled just a couple of weeks later and probably expected to knock that puny Brazilian out in rapid fashion anyway.

I'm not 100% but I think that it may have been Jimmerson's manager that told him that he had to wear the glove if he was going to take part in the UFC tournament, not to put his boxing fight in jeopardy.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember he tapped basically without taking any damage at all. Gracie didn't submit him, he was just smothering him. Lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yep. He just didn't know what to do because true mixed martial arts didn't exist back then and he had never been trained in anything other than boxing. Which is why Gracie dominated several tournaments, bjj was basically the only fighting style in those tourneys that ever fought on the ground.

That was an awesome documentery by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I remember there were a couple of early UFC events where people were recorded "Submission - position" defeats.

I used to laugh at that, now it just makes me feel sad.
    Last edited by Seanny One Ball; September 27th, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That is pretty hilarious actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as funny as walking into the octagon wearing one boxing glove.

He probably only wore that so his hand didn't get hurt too badly when he tapped out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The very early UFCs were like live-action Street Fighter. Which back then I would have found cooler anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only even Street Fighter was above hair pulling and endless punches to the balls.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shit. Street Fighter was about honor and discipline .. and fireballs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lots and lots of fireballs.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    Not as funny as walking into the octagon wearing one boxing glove.

He probably only wore that so his hand didn't get hurt too badly when he tapped out.
    This is pretty much how they explained it on the special: shortly before the fight the guy was told about how good Gracie was on the ground. So the guy thought that he would wear one glove to try and keep Gracie back with his jab so he wouldn't go for the takedown. Once Gracie was on top of him not only did he not know what to do, but he really couldn't do anything because he really couldn't grasp both hands together because of the glove. The guy said he was never in a position like that and was freaking out so he just tapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very early UFCs were like live-action Street Fighter. Which back then I would have found cooler anyways.

The last few years were like Street Fighter too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9fTIHchkY"]YouTube - Riddum Revenge- MMA Street Fighter II for Super Nintendo[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was thinking... who is Frank Mir going to fight next? Most of the rest of the top 5 heavyweights are booked up... (Lesnar/Velasquez, w/ JDS getting the winner, and Carwin/Nelson). Does Mir wait for Nog to recover or does he fight an up-and-comer below him like Travis Browne (if he beats Kongo) or even Mitrione?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    So I was thinking... who is Frank Mir going to fight next? Most of the rest of the top 5 heavyweights are booked up... (Lesnar/Velasquez, w/ JDS getting the winner, and Carwin/Nelson). Does Mir wait for Nog to recover or does he fight an up-and-comer below him like Travis Browne (if he beats Kongo) or even Mitrione?
    I heard dude was strongly considering dropping down to 205, not sure how serious he was and I don't remember if this was before or after he fought Carwin.

Roy Nelson v. Frank Mir. Nelson is no joke, and there is the history of that grapple match years ago. I could see this fight going down in January if not sooner.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say Nelson, I can really see that happening.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Fitch planning on moving to middleweight in the future. Said its inevitable..
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20807/ufc-...inevitable.mma