Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Yeah they come to mind if you're a blind patriot.
    Davis/Hardy and Belcher/Akiyama could go either way.. but there's really no way to justify Bisping over Hamill. Whether Hamill did much with his takedowns or not.. he got them.. a lot.. at will. That always gets other people the win and should've gotten him the win.

The problem is that the judges don't have an official scoring system that they all follow. Some judges score a takedown more than others .. some score submission attempts, some score straight up damage .. and thats what fucks shit up. They should all be scoring the same way, no matter what. There needs to be a seminar or something, where they all come up with a score card.. explaining the value of a takedown, punch, control, sub attempt, reversals, leg kicks, body kicks, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. I'm not blaming him for his response. I was simply pointing out that he didn't make any comment about Bisping at all despite me bringing it up.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems like the kinda guy that would say, "well you didn't really ask me anything about Bisping, so I didn't feel the need to comment on it further" .. lol .. cuz you just said Bisping is in for a beatdown.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wiman / Danzig at Fight Night 22 has changed to Wiman / Escudero .. and now to Escudero / Oliveira

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherdog.com has a short interview with Vitor talking about how his return fight will NOT be against Chael Sonnen. I wonder if he's going to fight someone like say Chris Leben, or a higher ranked fighter like Marquardt?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see him against the winner of Marquardt / Palhares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC Middleweight Contenders

Vitor should fight the winner of Marquardt/Palhares.
    Chael should fight the winner of Bisping/Akiyama.
    Leben should fight Dan Miller and then wait for Wanderlei.
    Yushin Okami should fight Demian Maia.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see Vitor fight Okami.

Dana said they might do the Sonnen/Silva rematch next after all..
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20406/dana...rson-silva.mma

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitor/Okami would be interesting ..

I say fuck it and just do Sonnen / Belfort since Silva is out til next year anyway. Have your clear no.1 contendor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit! May take place in early 2012? Why the hell would Anderson be on the shelf for 18 months?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure thats a typo. What about Leben? Think he could be Vitor's opponent?

KJ Noons and Yves Edwards on Junkie Radio today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean if Akiyama is getting a headlining fight against Bisping, why shouldn't Leben get a big fight too? He was set up for failure by the UFC in the Akiyama fight (come on, 200 fighters on their roster and a guy who fought 12 days earlier is who first comes to mind?) and I think Belfort/Leben as a co-main event with say GSP/Kos or Lesnar/Cain V would be SICK!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar / Cain already going down at 121 with Jake Shields / Martin Kampmann, Tito Ortiz / Matt Hamill, Diego Sanchez / Paulo Thiago, and Gabriel Gonzaga / Brendan Schuab .. with Patrick Cote / Tom Lawlor and Court McGee / Ryan Jenson on the prelim show.

.. so it would have to be GSP / Kos or UFC 122 in Germany

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feed Leben to Belfort. That's not nice at all. Granted, I don't like to count Leben out, but I don't think he can win that fight.

After what he did for Dana and Lorenzo, I think they should grant his request and let him fight Wandy.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahah yeah Leben vs Vitor would be fun but I can't see it ending well for Leben.

I said that about Leben getting the Wanderlei fight in another thread, apparently Wandy is out for a while though.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana said that Shogun/Rashad won't happen til Spring/Summer of 2011 ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of that, with Cro Cop stepping in to fight Mir, he's in a similar boat. He's mentioned that he may retire and he's clearly in the twilight of his career. Do you think he's earned the right to pick his opponent in his final fight? Do you think this will be his last fight?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its tricky cuz .. if he beats Mir, he's in the realm of title contention.. so he could try to make a (likely failed) run. .. or he could retire with a nice set of wins.

I'd like to see him fight Gonzaga after Mir if he decides to keep going.. then retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Lesnar / Cain already going down at 121 with Jake Shields / Martin Kampmann, Tito Ortiz / Matt Hamill, Diego Sanchez / Paulo Thiago, and Gabriel Gonzaga / Brendan Schuab .. with Patrick Cote / Tom Lawlor and Court McGee / Ryan Jenson on the prelim show.

.. so it would have to be GSP / Kos or UFC 122 in Germany
    Ah shit that's right, Lesnar/Cain V is stacked as it is. Vitor said he didn't want to fight in Germany so it'll probably be the GSP/Kos ppv. I don't know if it's feeding Leben to Vitor, nothing against Vitor, but who has he fought recently with a chin? The last 3 guys he knocked out-Terry Martin, Matt Lindland, Rich Franklin-there's no way those guys have a chin anywhere near Leben. I think it would be very entertaining, and while Vitor isn't as sadistic as Wanderlai, he's close.

Also, there really isn't anyone unless he waits till the end of the year.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I think Vitor's handspeed and power would wreck Leben. His chin can definitely not take the same shots from Belfort as he did from Akiyama who was more or less tagging him at will.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko at 122 in Germany

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    WOW I CAN'T WAIT, I'LL BE THERE LIVE TOO!!! Nah, seriously though it should be an exciting fight.

TUF 12 trailer:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongbhGGrA0E&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- The Ultimate Fighter Season 12 Trailer - Team GSP vs Team Koscheck[/ame]

Looks like something out of Smallville.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how I feel about Matyushenko vs Brilz. I honestly thought Jason was going to get Bader before they announced Bader vs Lil Nog. Then, Brandon Vera announced on his Facebook that he would be back in October, so Brilz vs Vera made sense. After the fan support from his last fight, I thought Brilz would get an exciting fight.

I haven't seen an exciting performance from Vladimir in a long time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I kind of like Vladdy but most his fights are quite boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilz isn't exactly an exciting dude either, he had a good fight with Lil nog, but that wasn't anything I heard people bragging about. The only thing I heard about this fight was how Brilz was robbed..........Kind of a throwaway fight if you ask me, neither guy really gains much by winning unless it's a devastating finish cuz both are pretty much the lower half of the 205 division (regardless of Brilz performance against Nog, he still lost....) Not really excited about this match up at all, looks to be boring but at least either guy has chance to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not implying that he is exciting, but if they put him against someone exciting, they can capitalize on his newfound support from fans before they realize he isn't exactly setting the sport on fire.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    Brilz isn't exactly an exciting dude either, he had a good fight with Lil nog, but that wasn't anything I heard people bragging about. The only thing I heard about this fight was how Brilz was robbed..........Kind of a throwaway fight if you ask me, neither guy really gains much by winning unless it's a devastating finish cuz both are pretty much the lower half of the 205 division (regardless of Brilz performance against Nog, he still lost....) Not really excited about this match up at all, looks to be boring but at least either guy has chance to win.
    I disagree. Brilz is a lot better than he gets credit for. I went back and watched a bunch of his fights before/after the Lil' Nog fight.. He's like 18-3 .. 3-2 in the UFC and both losses were wrong in my opinion. Marshall shouldn't have got the split over him and neither should Lil' Nog, but I don't think he's bottom of the division like you think. I think he's probably upper-middle. He may not be the most exciting, but he's pretty effective. I'm not saying he's Bader or Jones, but he's someone we could be talking about next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMBR View Post
    I'm not implying that he is exciting, but if they put him against someone exciting, they can capitalize on his newfound support from fans before they realize he isn't exactly setting the sport on fire.

I disagree. Brilz is a lot better than he gets credit for. I went back and watched a bunch of his fights before/after the Lil' Nog fight.. He's like 18-3 .. 3-2 in the UFC and both losses were wrong in my opinion. Marshall shouldn't have got the split over him and neither should Lil' Nog, but I don't think he's bottom of the division like you think. I think he's probably upper-middle. He may not be the most exciting, but he's pretty effective. I'm not saying he's Bader or Jones, but he's someone we could be talking about next year.
    I wouldn't put him in the top 10 of the UFC's LHW division, maybe in the 12-15range. Remember, he was like one of the last guys the UFC called to replace Forrest Griffin, and by God he made the most of it but.....Shouldn't have lost doesn't erase losses. In no way am I taking away anything from this guy's skills, I just don't think I'd put him too high up.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well .. top 12-15 isn't the lower half of the LHW division.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duffee out of the Yvel fight, Yvel will fight Jon Madsen instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well .. top 12-15 isn't the lower half of the LHW division.
    In the UFC where there are really only 20 guys that matter, I'd say that he's in the lower half right there with the likes of Brandon Vera, it's not a bad place, but I mean the guys he's beat in the UFC(Eric Schafer, Tim Boetsch) are like the last of the sub par LHW's that are even worth fighting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it just me or do the live UFC crowds tend to be full of absolute mongs, booing obnoxiously for either the wrong reason or the wrong person? For example take the Diego Sanchez/John Alesio fight. It was close, only problem was Alessio just defended (very well to be fair to him) the entire time and threw only a few jabs the entire fight. Diego on the other hand was all over him the whole fight, even if all his takedown attempts were being stuffed. Based on those criteria I, along with the commentators and judges, undoubtedly gave Sanchez the fight. Common sense here, you can't really win a fight if you're, you know, not fighting and just defending yourself but for some reason those morons were booing the HELL out of Sanchez during his post-fight interview for being awarded the fight.

Gotta love Rogan though, I've noticed he always rolls his eyes and corrects the audience when they're being fucking idiots like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Is it just me or do the live UFC crowds tend to be full of absolute mongs, booing obnoxiously for either the wrong reason or the wrong person? For example take the Diego Sanchez/John Alesio fight. It was close, only problem was Alessio just defended (very well to be fair to him) the entire time and threw only a few jabs the entire fight. Diego on the other hand was all over him the whole fight, even if all his takedown attempts were being stuffed. Based on those criteria I, along with the commentators and judges, undoubtedly gave Sanchez the fight. Common sense here, you can't really win a fight if you're, you know, not fighting and just defending yourself but for some reason those morons were booing the HELL out of Sanchez during his post-fight interview for being awarded the fight.

Gotta love Rogan though, I've noticed he always rolls his eyes and corrects the audience when they're being fucking idiots like that.
    That's an old fight!, back when Diego was getting booed just for being Diego, I don't think it had anything to do with the performance. He gets booed when they announce his name, that's haters for ya. It's stupid, but it's nothing uncommon in sports. There are baseball, football, basketball players, etc. that are booed by their own city...I remember reading about people like A-Rod getting booed in New York even though he hit a homerun.....

I do love when Joe brushes off the fans or he'll go "I don't know why they're booing". Western fans, we are way more vocal than say Japanese fans. They'll cheer every blink of an eye where we need that eyeball hanging off the cheek to really give a shit lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ah well if that's the case. Still stupid because Diego is a beast.

Another one I can thing of that is more recent (although still a couple of years old) was the Silva/Leites fight. Anderson was getting booed when Thales was the one that kept laying on his back and inviting guard despite Andy clearly not accepting every single time. If Thales wanted it so bad he should have pulled it or otherwise forced Silva in it.

Though part of me thinks that Canadians boo him partially just for not being GSP, as straight jacket insane as that sounds.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that annoyed me how much slack Silva caught for that. You can't knock a guy out if he's running away from you .. most of the time anyway, don't tell Chris Horodecki that .. and he would've been an idiot to jump into Leites' guard.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the beard Wandy is sporting .. says he'll be back in Feb or March
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20460/ufcs...on-hitlist.mma

Says that Leben, Belfort, and Sonnen are on his hit list. Says that he respects Leben and loves to watch him fight, but doesn't think Leben would make it past the first round with him. He wants to avenge his loss to Belfort and with Sonnen, he wants someone like that cuz he knows it will be a test.

Said he's very comfortable at 185 and would only really return to 205 for another fight with Rampage. best of 5 series? I'd watch.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Wand/Sonnen = Wand/Arona.

I'd much rather see Wanderlei against Leben and/or Belfort.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah me too. I don't think Wandy would be able to get out from under Sonnen (who can?) very easily and would probably get grinded out for 3 rounds.. and Sonnen's striking looked greatly improved against Andy.. add in that Wandy doesn't take a punch like Andy and he could honestly lose by TKO to Sonnen.

I do like the idea of Wandy/Leben and Wandy/Belfort though. .. wouldn't mind a Wandy/Franklin rematch either. I wish LOMBARD was in the UFC cuz I'd love to see Lombard/Wandy but its just a pipe dream for now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Check out the beard Wandy is sporting .. says he'll be back in Feb or March
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20460/ufcs...on-hitlist.mma
    Hahaha Wanderlei Lincoln.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see Wanderlai fight all those cats, and I'm pretty positive we will in 2011. They're all money fights, stylistically entertaining, verbally entertaining. Win, lose, or draw Wanderlai Silva is awesome.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC names Mark Fischer (NBA China) as the leader of the Asian Operations (sounds like a wrestling stable) division .. they plan to move into the Asian market in the next year or so ..
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20471/ufc-...named-head.mma

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lucked out OD ..

VITOR BELFORT vs. YUSHIN OKAMI to headline UFC 122 in Germany on Spike TV.

That's an interesting fight. Kinda questionable for headliner, but I'm sure they'll fill the card with other good fights.. and that is a pretty sweet fight.

..then again, those are 2 top 5 UFC middleweights and 2 top 10 worldwide middleweights so .. that's a pretty good headliner for a free card on foreign soil.
    Last edited by Dubya; August 29th, 2010 at 3:48 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rumored card for 122 so far, according to Wikipedia..

Vitor Belfort vs. Yushin Okami
    Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    Jorge Riveria vs. Alessio Sakara
    Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
    Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic
    Dennis Siver vs. TBA
    Kris McCray (making 170 debut) vs. TBA
    Pascal Krauss vs. TBA

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I'd like to see Vitor fight Okami.
    YUS. I am pleased with this obviously.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its interesting cuz Vitor has the advantage in the stand-up, but Okami is no slouch there.. and Okami has the advantage on the ground, but Vitor is no slouch there either.. If Okami fights a smart fight, meaning GnP .. he could win this fight for sure.. and maybe finally get his shot ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...the two free UFC "PPV"s are absolutely weak in terms of star power. The headliners are not of high enough quality to actually headline. Okami was questionable in a co-main event against Munoz even on Versus.

Belfort is the only star on the show so far. Brilz and Matyushenko are coming off of losses, with Vladdy being absolutely pillaged in his last bout. Rivera vs Sakara should be a good bout for the middleweight division, but all remaining fights are irrelevant. Dennis Siver needs a good opponent and he had better be on the main card.

European fans deserve better than this. German fans go from

Rich Franklin vs Wanderlei Silva
    Cain Velasquez vs Cheick Kongo
    Mirko Cro Cop
    Dan Hardy vs Marcus Davis
    Mike Swick vs Ben Saunders
    Spencer Fischer vs Caol Uno

to

Vitor Belfort vs Yushin Okami
    Vladimir Matyushenko vs Jason Brilz
    Jorge Rivera vs Alessio Sakara
    Amir Sadollah vs Peter Sabotta
    Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic

British fans go from a card with
    Randy Couture,
    a #1 contendership fight
    and 3 hometown TUF winners (all fighting relevant fighters)

to

Michael Bisping vs Akiyama
    Dan Hardy vs Carlos Condit
    John Hathaway fighting a guy that only hardcore fans know
    Cheick Kongo fighting a relative unknown
    James Wilks fighting an unknown

UGH!

Last edited by PMBR; August 30th, 2010 at 8:55 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to both. That Germany card looks like absolute shit by the way.

(>_<)

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahaha the Germany card is terrible.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Atrocious. I didn't even want to go, it was my dumbass brother who bought plane tickets before knowing the card. Or even asking me for that matter.. I should fucking let him go there by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't blame him for assuming you would get a decent card. The last card Germany got was fucking outstanding. There is no way to predict that this card would be one of the worst in recent history.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Yeah, I was at 99 where we got CC, Kongo/Cain and Wand/Franklin. That was a pretty good one.

But ffs, except Vitor/Okami those matches look like the MMA equivelant of WWE Superstars.

/How many of the guys are coming off losses? Brilz, The Janitor, Szyszniowski#"#", Reljic, Sadollah, Sobotta...
    Last edited by OD50; August 30th, 2010 at 9:25 AM.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    But ffs, except Vitor/Okami those matches look like the MMA equivelant of WWE Superstars.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    :/

Just texted my bro about the shit 122 card and he replied ''Don't worry, Dana wouldn't want to disappoint the US troops in Germany..''

Hope he's right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you feel about CC/Couture originally penciled in as the headliner?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    No comment.

UFC 124 - GSP vs. Koscheck - Montreal - Centre Bell
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/3...e-in-montreal/

The GSP support will be un-fucking-believable.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh my. That is arena is going to explode.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There goes PMBR again .. complaining about FREE events. OD at least has a legit reason to complain .. though im sure more fights will be added since its like 4-5 events (including fight night) away from now.

I still don't think the UK card is that bad at all, espescially for UK fans.

only hardcores know Mike Pyle?!?!? he's fought in the UFC like 4-5 times.. also fought in affliction, strikeforce, IFL, eliteXC, WVR, and M-1 .. I think a lot more people than you think know who he is.
    Last edited by Dubya; August 30th, 2010 at 7:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His fight record is littered with submissions, he even loses by submission most of the time!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said he was that good .. I'm just saying that he's fought all over the world in practically all the major promotions so he's really not unknown or anything .. and he is quite good with submissions .. but also falls victim to them often as well. that's very true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to explain, I just found it funny.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to call him Mike Pyle of shit lol but that was just cuz it worked with the name more than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what's crazy? The number of dead MMA fighters.

Justin Eilers, Evan Tanner....there are a lot more than that but look at how they died. It's like the WWE.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only evan tanner died from dehydration in the middle of the desert on a spirit quest or some shit .. lol

..thats fuckin nuts

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana White says Kenny Florian chokes in big fights ..
    http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2991

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana says they're gonna do a WEC version of Ultimate Fighter in the future and that Flyweights are coming soon, maybe even by the end of the year.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2469&zoneid=13

I like the idea of a WEC ultimate fighter. The arcticle said it would be tailor-made for WEC, so thats cool. it also talks about the international TUFs and says that the Asian market could be a first target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just scrolling through some old posts. What an awesome poster to just go to waste!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A poster with Mike Pyle on it... where we are supposed to know who he is without them telling us his name.

The guy has only had 2 televised fights... a loss to Jake Ellenberger (which was an unaired prelim that aired later in the evening) and a win over Jesse Lennox (???) that aired after everybody went home at UFC 115. What the fuck is this kid doing on a poster?

You couldn't put Cheick Kongo or TUF winner James Wilks on there... but Mike Pyle? Thanks for playing.

Edit: John Hathaway is actually taller than Mike Pyle... but not according to the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus View Post
    Mike Pyle (2-2) - UFC poster boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Seriously, who is he?
    Lol I said the same thing .. "why don't they put Kongo or Wilks on there .. ?"
    Oh come on dub! We all had the same reaction to Mike Pyle. "Who the hell is that guy on the poster?" Only hardcore fans recognize him without being told who he is and I'm fairly certain we are proof of that.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not popular (or good) enough to be on the poster, but he's not an unknown by any means.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm still in shock that he subbed Dan Hornbuckle.

Just read an article on Sherdog and they proposed the following LW matches:

B.J. Penn vs. Clay Guida
    KenFlo vs. Aussie George
    Joe Lauzon vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Thoughts on those? I'm thinking George S should get someone coming off a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that KenFlo is a suitable opponent for Georgie. He won't leave the Top 5 of the UFC lightweights even after the loss to Maynard.

Penn vs Guida could be fun and people would watch the shit out of it, but Clay is out of his mind if he expects to pull that one off.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression that Clay was out of his mind anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Could he outpace and outwrestle BJ for three rounds? You just know what kind of gameplan Greg Jackson will have him try to execute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible, but I just don't see it happening. BJ is hard as shit to take down. Just because Frankie was able to do it doesn't change the fact that he's the only guy to do it at 155 in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Frankie is literally the only guy who will ever give BJ trouble at 155. I was thinking Penn v. Guida would be a good fight, it gives Penn someone credible as fuck and gives Guida the chance to skyrocket and secure a contender fight for sure.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penn has come out and said he wants to stick to his plan before the fight of staying as active as possible and wants to get back in the cage ASAP.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20500/foll...-to-action.mma

The available upper-tier lightweights right now are: Clay Guida, George Sotiropoulos, Takanori Gomi, Joe Stevenson, Kenny Florian and Kurt Pellegrino.

However, I like the idea of Pellegrino/Lauzon, Florian/Georgy, Guida/Penn, and then throw Gomi/Stevenson together since they were supposed to fight anyway.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Pierce wants to fight Thiago Alves ..
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20497/ufcs...challenges.mma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how soon could we see BJ Penn? I guess it depends on a few things. First, the October and November cards I'm assuming are already set, so unless someone drops out of a fight he'll be seeing cage time as early as December....that is, if he's only wanting ppv. Too many UFN's are main evented by middle of the rung fighters that are former TUF alumni, what about BJ Penn on a Spike TV card?

The UFC could also take a fight from a main card ppv bout that isn't exactly ppv worthy and making it a top tier fight for a free show and stick BJ Penn v. ??? on the ppv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BJ being thrown onto 122 in Germany would be immense. That card needs some starpower BADLY and Penn/Guida could headline a free event. Otherwise he might be in the co-main of GSP/Kos since UFC 121 is stacked.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    B.J. has already refused to fight in Germany (for 99), no PPV means he get's less cash.

''He says that he fought Stevenson in England and Nobody buys the PPVs when their overseas. Said he didnt get paid nearly as much as he does when he fights in the states because of the PPV cut and says he will never fight overseas again. Also said that all the fighters who get a PPV cut wont headline an overseas event for the same reason. Said Florian is tough and deserves his shot but he will have to wait until the end of the summer.''
    http://urdirt.com/2009/03/15/bj-penn...es-at-ufc-100/

In reality he just doesn't want me seeing him fight live.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Ruediger is being a bitch about well being a bitch..
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2479&zoneid=13

Lauzon said the guy's like holding a grudge or something. Called him a 14-year old. Said he didn't even feel like he was in a fight, so he's hoping to get another fight before the end of the year.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Lauzon is great .. he's on my facebook .. posts a lot .. a whole lot (so does alan belcher and matt mitrione .. like a lot) .. its usually shit about Xbox, but check this out:

Joe LauzonWoman at the bank looked at me pretty funny when I handed her a check for $60k that was all printed except for my hand written name.

Really good read on Rousimar Palhares.. I reccommend. If he does get past Marquardt, which I think he will.. you think they do Palhares/Maia? Would be interesting to see cuz they're both such amazing grapplers. I wonder if it would even get on the ground or if it would translate to a striking battle.. interesting fight to me.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/20504/once...etter-life.mma
    Last edited by Dubya; September 1st, 2010 at 5:10 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just scrolling through some old posts. What an awesome poster to just go to waste!

Fixed. Lol.

I give my password away
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAJfeva0YM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Pat "HD" Barry High Kicking the Punch Machine[/ame]

Pat Barry fans will love this.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Ruediger is being a bitch about well being a bitch..
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2479&zoneid=13

Lauzon said the guy's like holding a grudge or something. Called him a 14-year old. Said he didn't even feel like he was in a fight, so he's hoping to get another fight before the end of the year.

Lauzon's awesome. Funny, intelligent and well spoken. Fuck, I should have never chosen fat Gabe in that fight. I think I just saw how Ruediger had won like his last seven fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitor Belfort v. Okami=good news.

BJ Penn removed from Sherdog's p4p list=one more reason that site is on crack cocaine. 2 losses in a row or not against a great fighter, BJ Penn is still far more well rounded of a fighter than most of those guys on the list. Fitch? Rashad? No way are they more of a complete fighter than BJ. Fitch especially, wrestling dudes isn't what I consider a p4p fighter. Usually there's some diversity. Oh well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Fedor got removed after his first loss in ten years. P4P has nothing to do with being well rounded though.

Seriously though, nobody should give a shit about P4P rankings, it's just based on pointless hypotheses. ''How would a fight between Alistair Overeem and Urijah Faber go if they were the exact same size, height and weight?''. If Reem was Urijah's size he would definitely be faster, have a better gas tank and not hit as hard, same goes for Urijah in reverse.

I don't care about P4P rankings, or Sherdog for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well rounded isn't what makes the top list. Your record and how well your strengths and weaknesses match up against everyone else are better criteria for the list. I would have to agree that Fitch and Rashad are on that list due to their strong wrestling prowess that people haven't really found an answer to.

I haven't checked out their list, but mine right now would be:

1. Jose Aldo
    2. Georges St. Pierre
    3. Anderson Silva (getting dominated for 4 1/2 rounds dropped him down on mine)
    4. Jake Shields
    5. Shogun Rua
    6. Frankie Edgar
    7. Lyoto Machida
    8. Jon Fitch
    9. Gilbert Melendez
    10. Brock Lesnar

I'd love to have BJ on my list, but with 2 straight losses, it's very hard to do so. I'd have him around #11 or 12. Rashad is high up there, but I want to rank Jonny Bones above Rashad too. The kid has no vulnerabilities that anyone has discovered. Chael Sonnen belongs on that list too.

It is currently the age of the wrestler. It's incredibly smothering and hard to get away from. Chael Sonnen dominated the hell out of former #1 Anderson Silva, Nate Marquardt and Yushin Okami with it. Jon Fitch and GSP have dominated the welterweight division with it. Frankie uses it as a tool when necessary and Gray Maynard dominated Florian with it. Rashad did the same thing to Rampage. Lesnar used it to neutralize Frank Mir.

Unfortunately, with BJ's back to back losses and the fact that new MAJOR stars are emerging, his spot isn't secure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Shane Roller, King Mo and Bobby Lashley are all high level wrestlers that got owned by fighters without wrestling backgrounds in Anthony Pettis, Chad Griggs and Feijao Cavalcante recently though. It's not all doom and gloom for non-wrestlers thankfully.

I like wrestling, but seeing matches such as Andre Winner/Nik Lentz make me an sad panda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the wrestling background that makes Fitch/Rashad/Maynard/Sonnen so dangerous. It's the fact that they use that wrestling to apply constant pressure, go for takedowns quickly and frequently to get the fight down and keep it there.

Bobby Lashley was doing great with his wrestling. He abandoned his wrestling and went for flashy slams and energy sucking ground and pound. He exhausted himself like a novice.

King Mo spent too much time willing to exchange with a striker. He paid for it.

Shane spent WAY too much time willing to exchange. I was shocked that he didn't try more often for takedowns, but I've only seen that fight once.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Contrary to popular belief Mo went for a lot of takedowns but Feijao popped right back up every time. Mo tried to pin him against the fence but Feijao escaped every time. Mo's wrestling didn't work and as he started to gas he had to stand up with Feijao.

Wrestling is an awesome base but people tend to forget/ignore that guys with wrestling backgrounds get subbed and KTFO all the time just like everybody else. Some of wrestlings current success is also because of the Unified Rules that premieres takedowns and octagon/cage control. In Japan some of that would get you yellow carded to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem that I have with the argument is that the more skilled/experienced wrestlers (wrestling for MMA not amateur wrestling) tend to avoid subs and getting KO'd. Lashley is a newbie. King Mo is still extremely fresh into the sport. Shane has only been in the sport for 3 years.

I'm not claiming that they are the most exciting. A lot of the time, they are playing to the clock (except Sonnen, that bastard wants to hurt you all 15-25 minutes). I'm merely saying that wrestling appears to be the strongest base in MMA. A case can be made that having a wrestler in your half guard is the most impossible situation to get out of.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thiago Alves has accepted Mike Pierce's challenge and is trying to get the fight set up for UFC 123.

Apparently, Gabe Ruediger will get another fight in the UFC.. with proper time to prepare. I guess they were gonna bring him in anyway and the short notice cuz of the Etim injury just kinda happened. He won like 7 in a row before that Lauzon fight. Joe Silva said he'll get one more fight with proper time to prepare. Give him Andre Winner .. why not? They both fought on the same card and lost .. makes sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit. Good luck to Thiago. That's a tough fight. I really don't want to see him with 3 straight losses.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The problem that I have with the argument is that the more skilled/experienced wrestlers (wrestling for MMA not amateur wrestling) tend to avoid subs and getting KO'd. Lashley is a newbie. King Mo is still extremely fresh into the sport. Shane has only been in the sport for 3 years.

I'm not claiming that they are the most exciting. A lot of the time, they are playing to the clock (except Sonnen, that bastard wants to hurt you all 15-25 minutes). I'm merely saying that wrestling appears to be the strongest base in MMA. A case can be made that having a wrestler in your half guard is the most impossible situation to get out of.
    wrestling is an awesome base. Just look at Joe Warren and Ben Askren, they really shouldn't be able to beat guys like Patricio Pitbull, KID Yamamoto, Dan Hornbuckle and Rani Yahya, but they have purely because of their strong wrestling base. They have been way overmatched in every other department of the MMA game but still pulled out the W.

The way they win is usually highly un-exciting though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagosOnlyPunk View Post
    Pat Barry fans will love this.
    Awesome video.

I imagine being roundhoused in the head by Pat Barry in tennis shoes would be a instant death.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    wrestling is an awesome base. Just look at Joe Warren and Ben Askren, they really shouldn't be able to beat guys like Patricio Pitbull, KID Yamamoto, Dan Hornbuckle and Rani Yahya, but they have purely because of their strong wrestling base. They have been way overmatched in every other department of the MMA game but still pulled out the W.

The way they win is usually highly un-exciting though.
    Agreed.. its the best base you can have to start off with cuz you can work your way to wins. Askren and Warren could both work their way to titles with wrestling. What matters is if they can pick up the rest of the game. What makes guys like Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Josh Koscheck, and even Fitch and Shields so good .. is that they've adapted and added a lot of tools to their game. Fitch still wrestles the shit out of people, but like Shields, he's constantly going for submissions and constantly working while he's on top of people. It's all about where you can go from there. Pure wrestlers seem to do a lot better than any other fighter with just one pure discipline.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APPARENTLY .. Black House has extended an invitation to BJ Penn. just heard it on Junkie Radio. I think that would be a good camp for him.. or anyone for that matter, but I think he could really benefit from it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    That would be great for him. He needs to get far away from his current team that only seems to pat him on the back and tell him he's the GOAT, oh, and make excuses for his losses.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagosOnlyPunk View Post
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

It got taken down before I could see it.. and I love Pat Berry

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAJfeva0YM"]YouTube- Pat "HD" Barry High Kicking the Punch Machine[/ame]