0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Moreno/Figgy 3 set for December

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son is trying to convince me to order this show since my bday is the 12th. I've had some pretty good cards close to or on my bday. McGregor v. Aldo, Penn v. Sanchez

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Benevidez retired yesterday and Condit today.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condit was my #3 favorite fighter of all time. I saw him in WEC and just fell in love with the fact he lived up to the sick nickname of Natural Born Killer. He couldn't really get that fire going after the Woodley fight, not like he should have been able to but what can you do? Let's be honest, he never really had any easy fights and has been around for a long ass time. Only 37, but he's been in those wars....I doubt this is the end but who knows, let's hope.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who have we got on Saturday then?

Leaning Volkanovski against Ortega. T-City is the flashier, more dangerous fighter and if it ends inside the distance there's not much doubt in my mind it will be him with his hand raised, but Volk is so good at just dissecting an opponent's weapons and controlling the fight with range, distance control, strong clinch work and timing. He's very good. He's not exciting, but he's kind of like a fire hydrant GSP, well rounded, smart, technical and tactical. I don't think it's a rout, one of those where you can probably put up an argument for Ortega winning, but he gets it done on points.

Shevchenko vs. Murphy will be a rout. Valentina seems to vary from destroyer to point fighter every fight so you don't know whether you're going to get a mauling or a shutout, but she's excellent. It's a division she will just never get beat in I don't think. Best chance is a flash KO and it's just not happening at 125. She's too good, and the other women lack any real power. And if they have power, she just routs them on the ground anyway. Slight lean towards a finish because Murphy will definitely bring it and that probably opens up holes on the ground for the TKO.

Lawler vs. Diaz 2 is such a good fight because I have absolutely no idea how it goes down. No clue. Both durable as they come, with Lawler's only real stoppage loss in 10 years coming against Woodley, and he's put some rounds in against some monsters. Matt Brown, Cowboy Cerrone and Carlos Condit have some of the best kill ratios in the sport and Lawler stood up to it. Still went 5 rounds with Colby and RDA when past his prime and pretty much target practice. Nick's only been stopped on cuts in nearly 2 decades. Obviously hasn't fought in years but himself fought killers like Daley, Silva and Gomi and survived. But they're older and working with 5 rounds. I can't look past Diaz really going to the body and sapping Lawler, but that's because we haven't seen Nick Diaz past his prime because he hasn't fought. We know Lawler's faded whereas Diaz is a question mark. Maybe his legs have gone and Lawler runs through him. I love the fight anyway. Diaz in 3 by TKO, or maybe he chokes him out after hurting him and creating a scramble.

Blaydes vs. Rozenstruick is a sneaky good fight. Blaydes is unique in that he's been obliterated by Ngannou and Lewis so he's clearly going to struggle for a title shot, considering Rozenstruick is probably the best guy he can face and he still has to hope Gane beats Francis and doesn't take on Jones or Stipe after. So he'll be stuck fighting backwards again for a bit. Rozenstruick is similar, got ruined by Ngannou and dissected by Gane so there's no chance he's getting a shot either. Yet, it's #4 vs. #6 in the heavyweight division so it's still a big one. Blaydes is the better fighter but Bigi Boy can hit. For me though, Blaydes grinds out an ultra cautious decision coming off that Black Beast knockout.

Andrade vs. Calvillo isn't terrible. I like watching Andrade fight. Last 3 wins by knockout. I think she's the clear #2 in the division which made her one sided loss to Shevchenko all the more eye opening. She hardly lay a glove on her. Calvillo is decent but she'll struggle to keep Andrade off her and I like Jessica to get another stoppage.

Moraes vs. Dvalishvili is a great crossroads fight. Moraes hasn't looked great his last 4 but he's lost to the former champion, squeaked past Aldo, and got stopped by #3 and #4 in the world. Levels. Merab has looked very good but he's fought a level considerably below Moraes and done it predominantly with grappling. I guess there's a chance Moraes is spent but he hasn't been losing to grapplers, Font and Cory are fast strikers. Merab lacking power might let Moraes let his hands go too. I've got Moraes wiping him out early personally, and I like Merab's style. I just don't think he has the offensive fire power to trouble one of the best one round fighters on the planet. If it goes past the first Merab grinds out a decision, but Moraes needs a statement.

Hooker vs. Haqparast is a great fight too. Hooker only really has bangers. Nasrat looks the part of a steady ranked contender too. Expect it to be a war and a coin flip on points, with the slight upset going for Haqparast given Hooker's issues with getting a visa and the possible drop in motivation going from headline fights and Conor cards to 7th fight down in the afternoon in Vegas. It'll be a good one though.

Abdurakhimov vs. Daukaus might be the worst top 10 male fight in recent memory, talentwise. Like most top 10 fights you see a route to the title for one or both, or at least the top 5. Not here though. How fun it will be depends if Daukaus can hold off the takedown. He's got good hands but unproven against anybody that is decent and not ancient. He's fighting a guy that hasn't fought in 2 years and lost when he's gone up a level, but who can definitely grind a win out. Probably the big Russian with a sloppy late round ground and pound stoppage.

Not much into Modafferi vs. Santos, but it's a ranked fight with a former title contender against a girl on a win streak with a gaudy record so it has some value. Hopefully Santos wins and looks good doing so because the division needs a contender, but it's likely a close 29-28 either way points scrap.

Meric vs. Turner I really like. Undefeated 7-0 guy with 7 finishes against a guy on a win streak who has finished 3 of his last 4 fights in the UFC. Sneaky good scrap on the early prelims. Always like to see a prospect get a win in a position like this so hopefully Medic gets another finish and starts to get a bit of hype. Dangerous early and Turner has been stopped on strikes 3 times.

Fiorot vs. Silva I like too. Fiorot lost her debut but is on a 7 fight, 5 stoppage streak. 2-0 in the UFC and has looked a potential contender. Just a relentless pressuring striker, comes at you until you break. Opponent is 2-1-1 in the UFC but finished both wins by submission so this has the potential to be a fun one. Either Fiorot smashes her or we see her tested on the ground. Valentina's division so hopefully one of them makes a bit of a statement. Got Fiorot by TKO, I expect her to be ranked after this weekend.

Roberson vs. Maximov is a glass cannon in Roberson (four first round submission losses in the UFC!) against an unproven, unbeaten debutant. Roberson has lost to good opposition and beat the lesser guys so I'd expect him to pull off the win, but Maximov has finished 5 of 6 and has grappling experience so maybe he exposes Roberson's glaring weakness instead. Got Roberson on points though.

Semelsberger vs. Sano is weird. 2-1 in the UFC vs. a guy who hasn't fought in 4 and a half years, hasn't won in 7 and a half, and 0-2-1 in his last 3. Odd. I guess it's a lay up for Semelsberger who should stop a guy like that in a round.

Morales vs. Pearce, can't really fault guys coming off UFC wins fighting in the 14th fight down. Morales is pretty decent, beaten some good fighters and only lost to Chikadze. He should get the win.

Epic card. First I've paid much attention to since Conor vs. Dustin 3.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a stacked card. My son is a big fan of Nick Diaz, loved the first fight with Lawler. Diaz definitely stays in shape, but fighting shape, totally different. He's a fighter at his core so that helps but yeah, ton of time off. IDK if that's good or bad.

Main event is a toss up and I'd like to see either win. Max next in line? Hopefully.