User Tag List

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 111117118119120121
Results 12,001 to 12,014 of 12014

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His fight with Usman, also a non-draw, did a pretty good gate for a non-star (essentially Conor, Khabib, Jones and maybe Cormier at this point). Certainly brings in more fans than a Mighty Mouse or Amanda Nunes. He himself, his talent and likeability, doesn't necessarily do that, but the domino effect of the clickbait stuff keeps the shows he's on trending and that translates to interest. Not in a Conor way of course, but an increase. Bad blood is vital though, he'll draw against Woodley and Masvidal because it's genuine, nobody cares if he fights a Chiesa or Cerrone.

250 is running with Nunes vs. Spencer in the main event. Glad it's free over here! Not too fussed though, it means the bigger fights can get time to build anticipation. 249 was an anomaly with the enforced break, big fight timelines will return to the status quo now and this card has fallen between the cracks. I think we'll be getting some pretty drab cards on paper through June as, again, we're in that middle ground between fighters who have stayed in camp and ones that were waiting til May 9th to see if the sport was genuinely coming back. If you're a Jon Jones, why fight on 2 weeks notice when you can take a fight in 7? I think they hit the July PPV card hard.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    His fight with Usman, also a non-draw, did a pretty good gate for a non-star (essentially Conor, Khabib, Jones and maybe Cormier at this point). Certainly brings in more fans than a Mighty Mouse or Amanda Nunes. He himself, his talent and likeability, doesn't necessarily do that, but the domino effect of the clickbait stuff keeps the shows he's on trending and that translates to interest. Not in a Conor way of course, but an increase. Bad blood is vital though, he'll draw against Woodley and Masvidal because it's genuine, nobody cares if he fights a Chiesa or Cerrone.

250 is running with Nunes vs. Spencer in the main event. Glad it's free over here! Not too fussed though, it means the bigger fights can get time to build anticipation. 249 was an anomaly with the enforced break, big fight timelines will return to the status quo now and this card has fallen between the cracks. I think we'll be getting some pretty drab cards on paper through June as, again, we're in that middle ground between fighters who have stayed in camp and ones that were waiting til May 9th to see if the sport was genuinely coming back. If you're a Jon Jones, why fight on 2 weeks notice when you can take a fight in 7? I think they hit the July PPV card hard.
    I just personally think that due to a tiny handful of fighters who have generated interest via "drama" means that anyone who even attempts something like that certain fans think fans flock to it regardless. I disagree. I think the only reason a fight with Usman and/or Jorge would draw interest is because Usman is the champ and Masvidal is an actual draw. Take the title away from Usman and him and Colby are just a mediocre bad blood fight that nobody really cares about. One dude is a complete racist and the other despite being black is completely unlikeable even in this situation lol.

250 should be ok.

Conor showed he can still generate attention by posting his personal GOAT list which caught the eye of people like Khabib and Jon Jones. I guess when you get to a certain level you can literally post your top 5 Pepsi logos and it'll bring out the wolves lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing people take what he says seriously when he built his name on ridiculous hubris. Not that he doesn't believe it himself, he probably does, but I think I've got a 12 inch cock on cocaine as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing people take what he says seriously when he built his name on ridiculous hubris. Not that he doesn't believe it himself, he probably does, but I think I've got a 12 inch cock on cocaine as well.
    LMFAO

I think he truly believes his own shit and that's perfectly fine. I've seen top guys in other sports do the same shit, breaking everything down on social media or in blogs or editorials. But there are those guys, like Conor, who I do think are on some shit or just wild as fuck in general that go on these analytical tangents like madmen.

Dude's like, "GSP was great but his lack of finishing ratio in the last 5 years of his career v the first 7 were not as good as me own during a similar timeframe against different people" Like what the fuck does that shit mean? LOL.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know a lot of white dudes who say "I was just playin'!" Usually after getting their shit smacked up by a person of color but hey, let's give this fuck a Razzie for the least convincing role to date.

And of all places to say this lol. This chick is so...so...dumb. Joe at her alive on his podcast, not even on purpose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a nutter. GSP won 4 titles (2 welterweight, 1 interim WW and middleweight) and he finished all of those fights. So he's got 4 finishes to win titles compared to Conor's 3. He has more stoppage finishes in a title defence than Conor, based on actually having a title defence, regardless of ratios. Finished, what, 5 former UFC champions? Conor with 2. Stoppage wins to avenge his defeats, Conor squeaked by via majority decision to avenge 1 of his (the other 3 unavenged). So even if you argue the stoppages drying up as a reason to disparage GSP, if you draw a line under his career after UFC 100, his career up to that point trumps Conor's up to now. Easily. Aldo, Alvarez and Mendes in the form they were in were spectacular wins. Holloway and Poirier are great wins in retrospect. Cerrone and Diaz are good wins. In terms of momentum though, Aldo is the only true world class win. The other 6 had lost inside their last 5 wins. Hughes, Fitch, Alves and Shields were all on incredible runs before GSP handled them. He was so good man.

Conor might be top 15 all time. Doesn't have the volume but has the quality. No title defences, 7-2 in fights against good opposition isn't particularly memorable but he did beat an all time great and won titles in 2 divisions.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a nutter. GSP won 4 titles (2 welterweight, 1 interim WW and middleweight) and he finished all of those fights. So he's got 4 finishes to win titles compared to Conor's 3. He has more stoppage finishes in a title defence than Conor, based on actually having a title defence, regardless of ratios. Finished, what, 5 former UFC champions? Conor with 2. Stoppage wins to avenge his defeats, Conor squeaked by via majority decision to avenge 1 of his (the other 3 unavenged). So even if you argue the stoppages drying up as a reason to disparage GSP, if you draw a line under his career after UFC 100, his career up to that point trumps Conor's up to now. Easily. Aldo, Alvarez and Mendes in the form they were in were spectacular wins. Holloway and Poirier are great wins in retrospect. Cerrone and Diaz are good wins. In terms of momentum though, Aldo is the only true world class win. The other 6 had lost inside their last 5 wins. Hughes, Fitch, Alves and Shields were all on incredible runs before GSP handled them. He was so good man.

Conor might be top 15 all time. Doesn't have the volume but has the quality. No title defences, 7-2 in fights against good opposition isn't particularly memorable but he did beat an all time great and won titles in 2 divisions.
    Love the break down.

I think that for me, I never got caught up in the idea that GSP going the distance was this bad thing. Probably because some of those guys I really liked, I mean Condit is one of my top 5 of all time. Why would I want to see him get rinsed in 2 minutes? That just means he apparently isn't that much of a challenge. Yes it's cool to see dudes just murder guys but then what?

One of my all time favorite fights is Chael v. Anderson 1. I fucking hated Chael, still kind of do lol. But that fight put Silva to the test. Forget those Pride losses those were what they were, but in the UFC he hadn't been truly tested yet and the drama was there. The fight was hot. I think GSP has had those fights as well in his later years, especially in the Condit, Hendricks, and even the overall doubt of whether he could pull of the Bisping title fight.....Prior to that who really fucked with him other than that first Penn fight? Hughes got super lucky in the first fight, that was really it.

GSP v. Shields, so glad we got that fight. I was a HUGE Strikeforce fan and thought if anyone was going to beat GSP it was Shields. That Henderson win impressed me so much I thought yep, here's a guy that isn't super flashy but tough as hell and you know what, he didn't do too bad!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's telling that Conor disputes Mighty Mouse being ranked high due to strength of schedule, then ranks GSP lower due to lack of finishes. Correlation, my guy. Shields, Fitch, Hendricks, Condit, Diaz, just notoriously durable fighters in their primes. Jake Shields went 5 rounds up a weight class against Dan Henderson, and pretty much sweeped him! I rate the 7 great fighters he fought highly, but other than that version of Aldo he finished nobody with that level of durability. Didn't finish Max or Nate, because they're hard as fuck. Like GSP's run of opponents.

Silva vs. Sonnen I was fantastic. Such a fortunate result for the history of the sport too. A minute and a half away from the GOAT at that point losing to a man that would fail his drugs test afterward. Could you imagine? At least Jones had already beat Cormier classed as clean when that happened.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Conor just likes to keep himself in the headlines. He knows that his tweets generate news.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do miss the charm of 2015 Conor. There was still a nasty undercurrent to some of the stuff he said but it felt genuine. Since then, only the Diaz fights have shown him in a favourable light, as Nate is a nutcase too. His attacks on RDA, Alvarez and Khabib were all pretty spiteful though always entertaining. It just feels uncomfortable to me a man playing up his role as an abusive, intolerable cunt still gets the adulation of the public.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do miss the charm of 2015 Conor. There was still a nasty undercurrent to some of the stuff he said but it felt genuine. Since then, only the Diaz fights have shown him in a favourable light, as Nate is a nutcase too. His attacks on RDA, Alvarez and Khabib were all pretty spiteful though always entertaining. It just feels uncomfortable to me a man playing up his role as an abusive, intolerable cunt still gets the adulation of the public.
    Well, I think there's a reason he's the only guy that is really able to pull that off. Unless they're vets like Chael and Tito who have been doing that shit for 20 years. Even then, those guys stood out because others didn't really do that either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chael pretty much always donned the black hat though. Maybe against Bisping he was the fan favourite, other than that he antagonised, got booed then generally got his shit pushed in. People still adore Conor McGregor, even though he's a cock. He got cheered against Cowboy Cerrone. Cowboy Cerrone!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chael pretty much always donned the black hat though. Maybe against Bisping he was the fan favourite, other than that he antagonised, got booed then generally got his shit pushed in. People still adore Conor McGregor, even though he's a cock. He got cheered against Cowboy Cerrone. Cowboy Cerrone!
    I don't know man, I knew A LOT of people that were hoping Chael would win. Some were wrestlers or guys who liked that style more than the stand up stuff. Others I think just wanted to see a guy that good lose, you know how it goes. Same shit happened to Fedor and GSP and even Jon Jones (long before his personal life went to shit lol).

Tito was like Conor. I remember hating the guy and wanting to see Shamrock beat his ass. Then they show members of Korn supporting Tito, all these celebs and athletes showing love to Tito and I'm like, fuck that guy and fuck these people!! Lol. And I have felt that way about Conor, especially when he hits that racist ignorant shit like with Siver, Nate Diaz, Khabib, a few others I'm sure that I'm missing. But he's a joy to watch fight, hard to find anyone as consistently exciting in the new breed that stands out like McGregor.