Results 10,901 to 11,000 of 13672

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    No less pathetic on Cyborg's end tbh. This is an individual sport and is not about Brazil vs the world. Nunes deserves to win on account of being a reasonable adult.
    Well I don't expect you to disagree with Colby's comments about Brazilians and their country, your response toward Cyborg is par for the course as well.

I'm just glad you're supporting a Brazilian that isn't fine ass Claudia. All it took was for one to side with a racist douchebag that looks like your twin brother lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Very intelligent post.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very intelligent post.
    Coming from the guy who is basing his pick on who the more mature of the two fighters are I'd say yes it was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't give a shit if these 2 aren't in the UFC but you can't spell UFC without Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell. They're fighting this Saturday, November 24th. PPV. I'm not ordering it, I have no clue who is even on the card other than this fight.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I don't give a shit if these 2 aren't in the UFC but you can't spell UFC without Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell. They're fighting this Saturday, November 24th. PPV. I'm not ordering it, I have no clue who is even on the card other than this fight.
    Deron-Winn vs Tom Lawlor

Kenneth Bergh vs Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs Ricky Palacios

Jay Silva vs Oscar Ivan Cota

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    Deron-Winn vs Tom Lawlor

Kenneth Bergh vs Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs Ricky Palacios

Jay Silva vs Oscar Ivan Cota
    I'm not negative toward Escudero v. Tibau. Have zero clue who 90% of those guys are. Filthy Tom is alright.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I'm going to pass on this purely out of protest. I actually have zero interest.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to pass on this purely out of protest. I actually have zero interest.
    I'm passing on it simply because I can't motivate myself to spend money on this one fight. I will be watching it in some way. Chuck will always have a place in my heart along with BJ Penn and Ken Shamrock where no matter what they're doing I'll take an interest in checking it out even if I know it's going to end badly.

I just don't want to see Tito knock him out and I have a strong feeling that's the result. KO within 3 minutes, your winner, Tito Santana.

In other news, there's a UFC card this weekend lol. Blaydes v. Ngannou 2. Here's to Ngannou reclaiming his status as the next big thing at HW. All he has to do is throw 5 punches and he surpassed his last fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comprehend staying up to the early hours to find a stream over here. I am interested in watching it though. Ortiz and Liddell are legends, I've no issue in guys like that, Shogun, Lil Nog, Anderson etc fighting amongst themselves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm passing on it simply because I can't motivate myself to spend money on this one fight. I will be watching it in some way. Chuck will always have a place in my heart along with BJ Penn and Ken Shamrock where no matter what they're doing I'll take an interest in checking it out even if I know it's going to end badly.

I just don't want to see Tito knock him out and I have a strong feeling that's the result. KO within 3 minutes, your winner, Tito Santana.

In other news, there's a UFC card this weekend lol. Blaydes v. Ngannou 2. Here's to Ngannou reclaiming his status as the next big thing at HW. All he has to do is throw 5 punches and he surpassed his last fight.
    I have no doubt the brass wants Blaydes to win this fight. It's the only reason for the rematch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a strange rematch. Ngannou vs. Hunt and Blaydes vs. Miocic were the plays. I guess Stipe didn't want to take a risky fight so soon after getting knocked out losing the belt, physically and psychologically would have been a bad move. I think you're probably right about the brass, though I don't think they'd be too distressed if Ngannou rebounded with a big knockout. Blaydes is neither exciting nor enigmatic, so he's hard to market without a resume full of names.

Overeem fighting a big undefeated Russian newcomer is interesting. Proper gatekeeper fight, like Hunt vs. Willis and JDS vs. Tuivasa a week later. Either get the old boys a win to set up a main event or get the new blood in. Rankings could look very different in 10 days time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Predator said Shazam and there went the last 2 fights LOL. Smoked that ninja in 40 seconds. And Blaydes was the guy some were salty wasn't fightingfor the strap.

Fyi

Anderson Silva returns in a passing of the torch fight against Stylebender.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are shitting on that fight, but I actually like it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Thought it was pretty terrible. And in no way a surprise of course, but nonetheless a shit show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    People are shitting on that fight, but I actually like it.
    I'm on board as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather that than Romero or Gastelum who would both without question put Anderson out cold. Adesyana will give the fans a bit of a show, might even drag it to the scorecards. The technique by both will be entertaining.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    For the record I was referring to the Chuck/Tito fight as that was on my mind when I entered the thread and just assumed that was what mik was talking about.

Anderson/Israel, however, sounds pretty dope.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Chuck looked great and simply got caught

I think Chuck Liddell vs. Anthony Johnson at HW is the logical choice for his next fight

just kidding. I felt dirty watching that fight. It was like watching a legit senior citizen get assaulted. Tito is a jerkoff for the way he celebrated after that. Chuck knocked your ass out twice in your prime, and you act like you won the lottery after that?? fuck off ya big headed bald cunt

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Tito. He's an absolute fucking cock but so cringey and inarticulate that it's somehow endearing. I like how he's got to have a bit of a career renaissance after that good 7 or so years of shit. Avenged a loss to a former UFC champion, beat a 3x UFC title challenger, another UFC Hall of Famer (Bonnar having that distinction admittedly ridiculous) and a former Bellator champion. As past it or undersized those 4 guys were, his legacy is undoubtedly greater than what it would have been after the final Forrest fight. Fair play. Liddell only won one fight in between the second and third Tito fights. His definitive win at a record breaking event and that was that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in 2002 I remember ordering the first Ortiz-Shamrock ppv but what drew me back in was seeing that Iceman headkick finish of Babalu.

See, Tito thinks he got the last laugh but as someone put it, Tito may have won THIS battle but Chuck ultimately won the war. Chuck didn't need the money, he's doing just fine, he did it because he legit does not like Tito Ortiz. Either way, it was a poor decision and the circus of it all-including Oscar's press conference where he didn't even know the other fighters' names (not even fucking Tibau!!) shows this was done for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I love Tito. He's an absolute fucking cock but so cringey and inarticulate that it's somehow endearing. I like how he's got to have a bit of a career renaissance after that good 7 or so years of shit. Avenged a loss to a former UFC champion, beat a 3x UFC title challenger, another UFC Hall of Famer (Bonnar having that distinction admittedly ridiculous) and a former Bellator champion. As past it or undersized those 4 guys were, his legacy is undoubtedly greater than what it would have been after the final Forrest fight. Fair play. Liddell only won one fight in between the second and third Tito fights. His definitive win at a record breaking event and that was that.
    Honestly, I was fine with Tito's legacy prior to Bellator. You did a good job of making his post-UFC career seem pleasant but let's be realistic. Chael threw the fight, he got lucky and choked out a Middleweight, and Stephan Bonnar hasn't been "Stephan Bonnar" since he and Forrest Griffin spilled about 12 pints of blood over 10 years ago.

Even the fights Chuck lost were cool. Tito, does anyone remember really any of his fights other than the ones Chuck beat the fuck out of him in? I'm not trying to sleep on Tito as I appreciate his contributions and the name he's been able to maintain for 20 years. But Chuck Liddell's resume is full of top notch dudes getting smoked and beat down. Tito....not so much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Bader KO.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bader KO.
    See, you don't even remember how the fight ended lol. He got choked out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You definitely got me there, lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You definitely got me there, lol.
    I remember that more as an embarrassing moment for Bader lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tito was one fight away from a title fight vs Jon Jones iirc. But he ran into Rashad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy to me that a guy like Bader has been at this level for ten years. I remember watching that TUF series with Mir and Big Nog (and loads of sushi jizz... nice), now the heavy handed wrestler off that show is about to face (at that time unbeatable juggernaut) Fedor Emelianenko, his TUF coach's career rival, for a heavyweight championship. Ten years is a long fucking time. That Ultimate 2008 card depressed the hell out of me with Nog, Wanderlei and Forrest all getting destroyed. Might be my favourite year though, with the Brock debut, BJ Penn, GSP and Anderson still very much being supreme arse kickers (the 2 GSP fights with Serra and Fitch are his most dominant performances if you ask me), Nog beating Tim Sylvia, that whole UFC 84 card with Wand murdering Keith Jardine, Bisping's middleweight run, the Forrest/Rampage fight, Chuck getting annihilated by Rashad etc. Will be kind of sad to see the last of the guys from that era bow out, it's getting to that stage where RDA, Jim Miller, Frankie, Jeremy Stephens - time's going to catch them like it did the Tito's, Chuck's and BJ Penn's.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tito was one fight away from a title fight vs Jon Jones iirc. But he ran into Rashad.
    You definitely remember incorrectly. Tito had 1 victory from the time he lost to Chuck the 2nd time until he joined Bellator and that was the fluke win we're talking about against Bader. When he went to a draw with Rashad, that was the fight after the rematch against Chuck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I specifically remember rumblings of Jones vs Tito should he win. After Rashad wrecked him (in the rematch) they tried to set up Jones vs Rashad but it fell through and Rashad got the ts one win later.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specifically remember rumblings of Jones vs Tito should he win. After Rashad wrecked him (in the rematch) they tried to set up Jones vs Rashad but it fell through and Rashad got the ts one win later.
    Win what fight though? The Bader fight? MAYYYBE I could see that because Jones beats Bader then challenges Shogun and wins the belt. Bader lost to Jones, then lost to Tito. Tito was only on a 5 fight losing streak but maybe the name value was what was going to get him a title shot even though he was 0-4-1 in his last 5 since challenging Chuck for the belt.

The weird part is the more we talk about it the more I feel like maybe it was going to happen somehow but the only way I could see that is if yeah, if he beat Bader, then wins his next fight which was Rashad.....So damn maybe it isn't as crazy as I thought.

Jones would have fucking slaughter Tito. Damn that would have been fun to watch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah it would have been.

Everybody knew the Bader win was a fluke but people wanted to see if lightning could strike twice (vs Rashad) or even three times vs Jones. Of course that was all a fun fantasy at the time but Rashad served Tito his ass and that was the end of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it would have been.

Everybody knew the Bader win was a fluke but people wanted to see if lightning could strike twice (vs Rashad) or even three times vs Jones. Of course that was all a fun fantasy at the time but Rashad served Tito his ass and that was the end of it.
    Doesn't even feel like this was within the last 7-8 years lol. Time flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Sage is gone from the UFC. Odd. Figured a guy who's 6-2 and won his last fight by KO would be re-signed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reads more like the UFC not willing to pay him what others are offering. Fair play to the kid, go get paid, then come back with some more experience when the money's banked.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reads more like the UFC not willing to pay him what others are offering. Fair play to the kid, go get paid, then come back with some more experience when the money's banked.
    Was he getting other offers? Maybe they were paying him too much and the new contract was for less? I could see that because this kid never caught on like Dana hoped. Same for PVZ. Something happened after they finally took an L. Like Uncle Dana stopped giving a shit about them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they overestimated his potential, not just as a fighter but as a marketable talent. Look at Mike Perry, he can go W-L-W-L for the next five years and stay on the main card because he's enigmatic and with crushing power. There is a market for Sage to build a fanbase, but I'm not so sure it's within the MMA community. We like mad cunts for the most part.

TJ going down to flyweight to challenge Cejedo in January then, confirmed. Looking forward to that. Dillashaw might be the best fighter on the planet honestly, and he's a fucking KILLER. 6 title fights, 5 knockout wins.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they overestimated his potential, not just as a fighter but as a marketable talent. Look at Mike Perry, he can go W-L-W-L for the next five years and stay on the main card because he's enigmatic and with crushing power. There is a market for Sage to build a fanbase, but I'm not so sure it's within the MMA community. We like mad cunts for the most part.

TJ going down to flyweight to challenge Cejedo in January then, confirmed. Looking forward to that. Dillashaw might be the best fighter on the planet honestly, and he's a fucking KILLER. 6 title fights, 5 knockout wins.
    Does TJ still need a win over Cruz? I don't think so but it would be cool if he splattered that dude into retirement.

I agree about Sage....his fanbase is better suited for Playgirl.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was at a OneFC event recently with DJ and Eddie Alvarez. My guess is it's them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was at a OneFC event recently with DJ and Eddie Alvarez. My guess is it's them.
    Maybe we can trade him for Ben Askren.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tito vs Bader gives me a thin sliver of hope for fedor vs bader.

As talented as TJ is and as much as I wanted him to win against Cody, I can’t really root for him against anyone else who is less of a bell end than he is. It’s strongly confirmed that he deliberately injured sparring partners, that’s just not cool.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So Anderson is now in line for a title shot with a W over Adesanya, thus making 234 a final four MW showdown.

I can dig it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this....If Anderson can beat Adesanya he can beat Whitaker and Kelvin. This is just crazy. Like Randy Couture being a legit contender at HW again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seems strange to me still that Anderson Silva hasn't won by stoppage in six years. His barren run is nearly as long as his record breaking title reign, crazy. I don't hate the fight as Adesanya isn't a concussive puncher so there should be some exciting exchanges.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seems strange to me still that Anderson Silva hasn't won by stoppage in six years. His barren run is nearly as long as his record breaking title reign, crazy. I don't hate the fight as Adesanya isn't a concussive puncher so there should be some exciting exchanges.
    A lot of these top dudes have barren runs it seems lately. Jones, GSP, Anderson Silva, McGregor, all for various reasons but still man, a lot of prime years taken away.

Anderson's at least got the years in the game to make us go, eh, sucks he hasn't won a fight other than Derek Brunson since "beating" Nick Diaz lol. But at least he had that stellar career prior to the Weidman debacle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 231 this weekend. I'm too lazy to make a specific thread for it lol so if anyone wants to go ahead. Pretty excited. 2 great title fights. Holloway v. Ortega and Bullet v. Joanna=fire. Full card below:

http://m.sherdog.com/events/matches/...s-Ortega-69293

Both of these title fights are pick 'em fights for me. I could see every scenario. Finishes, decisions, even draws. I'm going to pick Holloway and Bullet though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I just hope Max makes it to Saturday.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope Max makes it to Saturday.
    Sad thing is they don't have anyone waiting in the wing to my knowledge do they in case either guy can't compete?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Sad thing is they don't have anyone waiting in the wing to my knowledge do they in case either guy can't compete?
    Renato Moicana is reportedly on standby.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renato Moicana is reportedly on standby.
    Who?????

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Stud fw with wins over Jeremy Stephens and Cub Swanson, and who's only loss is to Brian Ortega ... ?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stud fw with wins over Jeremy Stephens and Cub Swanson, and who's only loss is to Brian Ortega ... ?
    Jens Pulver choked out Cub Swanson in 30 seconds.

#JensforUFCHOF

Either way, never heard of the guy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Good talk, man.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good talk, man.
    I know right? You answered a question, I responded, you were offended you didn't get the last word. I get it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I genuinely have no idea what you're on about.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely have no idea what you're on about.
    Does playing dumb work? Ever?

Anyway....Good talk, man

I heard that Dana is wanting to piece together Khabib v. Tony and Poirier v. McGregor 2.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I see both sides to this debacle between you two. I share the sentiment that Moicana main eventing would be extremely lackluster, but he is a stud and a supposed hardcore mma fan should know exactly who he is. The problem is he has no name value though Nash is usually the one going on about how promotability in a fighter shouldn't be important to fans. His "businessman" argument if you will.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was meant to fight Mirsad Bektic on this card but he got injured. I imagine he'll have more to do to get a title shot after this. Fairly sure Holloway defends against Edgar if he wins, and Ortega would defend against Aldo. Moicano probably gets the Mendes/Volkanovski winner.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Does playing dumb work? Ever?

Anyway....Good talk, man

I heard that Dana is wanting to piece together Khabib v. Tony and Poirier v. McGregor 2.
    You tried to downplay moicano for whatever reason and I just didn't wanna get into defending him, cause who gives a shit. Then you went on about some last word nonsense, and again ... who gives a shit. I was just pointing out to begin with that the 231 standby is a legit guy, because he is.

R.e.l.a.x.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So it seems Max made weight and he's apparently not dead yet.

Terrific news.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    And in perfect mma harmony Moicano missed weight. Lofuckingl.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the new thing now is that if a woman misses weight we have to be sympathetic as women's bodies are different than men when it comes to weight cutting. I don't think dudes are going to have that luxury. But yeah, the last 2 women who missed weight they had all these other women going to bat for them blaming their period and all this other shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Normally I agree 100% but I imagine a woman being on her period is an adequate excuse for being unable to drop water weight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the card tomorrow night. Two major title fights including the main event which might stylistically be the best fight to make in the sport, and plenty of action fighters, prospects and ranked contenders littered through the card.

Holloway vs. Ortega is a bonkers fight. Are there two fighters at the top of any other division with the kill ratio that these guys have? Holloway's on a 12 fight win streak, finishing 9 of them, including all time great Jose Aldo twice and former world champion Anthony Pettis. Real savage, soul destroying TKO's. Brian Ortega is on a 6 fight stoppage streak, including becoming the first and only man to stop all time great Frankie Edgar. He's undefeated in MMA. This is an absolutely amazing fight. Both in ridiculous form, both with great chins. Both with knockout power, though mainly through accumulation. The cardio is there for both men with TEN third round stoppages in the UFC between them. Both have knockouts and submissions against ranked competitors. It's as good a fight, honestly, than has ever been made in the sport. Dynamic. The X factor is Holloway's injury with "concussion symptoms" in July and the apparent weight cut issues, but he's made the weight and ready to go. Who the fuck wins this fight? I'm surprised to see Ortega the (slight) favourite. His style is completely focused around the finish, and while he finished the insanely durable Frankie Edgar last time out, Holloway has barely been hurt since going on this run. He's a terminator. And he's the volume striker, so he's going to rack up points. But Ortega has always found the opening in his UFC career and has shown he's capable of finding it late when behind on the scorecards. Can't wait for this fight. I just side with the championship mettle of Holloway, who has proven it time and time again over this unbeaten streak that he can't be outworked, and his offensive arsenal won't leave him outgunned against many, if anybody. I can see him getting hurt, or maybe looking in the shit with Ortega taking his back, but his volume striking and body work have him take control and win by championship round TKO stoppage.

Shevchenko vs. Double J is another outstanding title fight. Possibly the best female mixed martial artist of all time stepping up in weight against the woman that gave the bantamweight champion fits in two fights against her. There's history too, with Valentina holding three victories in kickboxing competition against Joanna. I see most pundits are going for Valentina quite unanimously, but I don't see where that line of thought comes from. Joanna is a high quality mixed martial artist, keeps a frenetic pace and should be well conditioned, fit and perhaps more durable at 125 as opposed to 115, with the weight cut no longer depleting her. Shevchenko is indeed an excellent fighter but she can be quite passive and be hesitant to lead the dance, so if Joanna's output is consistent with her 115 career and Valentina doesn't have the killer instinct, it could be a close fight. I'm leaning Valentina as the bigger fighter with the more well rounded skillset, but this one should be one of the better WMMA fights of all time with two cerebral fighters in their prime. Valentina by decision, winning three or four of the rounds.

Cowboy Olivera vs. Gunnar Nelson. Another fight where two finishers collide. Both have stopped their last five victims inside the distance. Cowboy is a long, durable fighter with KO power, and he's finished some decent opponents by submission too. He likes to brawl, he'll take one to land one, and is always looking to get his man out of there. Nelson is more of a thinking man's fighter, but has sneaky KO power (some of his wins begin with him dropping his man), and his jiu jitsu is world class. He got knocked out last time out while Cowboy has been more active. I'm leaning Cowboy because I think he's the more developing fighter and should have the sense to avoid the ground. Nothing would shock me though, Nelson might be able to get it done standing too. Cowboy by second round TKO, with Nelson getting too confident in exchanges and eventually getting pieced up.

Dawodu vs. Bochinak will be a fast paced brawl. Can't see a finish either way, but Bochinak is more battle tested and I think he'll take a tight one on points, probably a split.

Big Thiago Santos vs. Jimi Manuwa, another banger for fight fans. Santos has been one of the more unsung fighters of the last few years, an active, kill or be killed beast with a devastating kicking game. Ridiculous amount of body kick stoppages. This will be his 14th fight inside 4 years. Respect. Only two decisions in that lot too. A real monster. Manuwa at his best of course is a destructive puncher with confidence. He looks to be on the blink a bit, losing two in a row, but he still hits like a mack truck. I'm going Santos here, of course by some form of kicking knockout, but both men are so vulnerable and lacking in defence that anything can happen.

Gadelha vs. Ansaroff isn't a fight I'm particularly clamouring to see as neither has much finishing skill, but it's a relevant fight. Gadelha is likely on the short list for a title shot. In fact, I'd say the winner here fights Tatiana Suarez for the next shot while Rose and Andrade throw down. I expect the typical Gadelha win, suffocating top control through two, blowing wind and losing the third, clinging on for the 29-28 victory.

Aubin Mercier vs. Burns is another excellent fight. Both men have finished very decent fighters, by KO and submission. Both coming off losses to top 15 guys after building momentum. OAM was 7-1 going into that fight in his last 8, Burns 6-2. Mostly finishes too. So this should be a hotly contested bout that can end anywhere. I think I'm leaning OAM, I see him as the physically stronger guy who should be able to overwhelm Burns in the close exchanges. Think it goes to points, but a stoppage either way is very possible.

Eye vs. Chookagian, like Gadelha/Ansaroff is a fight I'm not kicking down doors to watch, but it's probably the #1 contender fight at flyweight unless Val/Joanna is an all time classic warranting a rematch. It goes to points. Both women have some success. It's a coin flip, but I'd go Chookagian based on activity. She moves and throws a lot of strikes, appealing to the judges.

Theodorou vs. Anders is a borderline top 15 fight at middleweight, with Elias the consistent, dull pressure fighter and Anders the more explosive but less refined martial artist. I'm hoping Anders cleans his clock to be honest, Elias bores me to tears. I think Anders has been rushed through this year with too many fights above his experience level though, and probably loses steam en route to a close points loss.

Fight Pass prelims are decent too. Going Lopez, Laprise, Ferreira and Rakic.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    damn good early prelims

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nasty.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    One of those fights where I'm almost impressed as much by the guy hanging in there taking a beating as much as the guy laying down said wicked impressive beating.

Best FW all-time?

Best Hawaiian fighter all-time?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes and yes. Max is legit. His standup style is so Diaz-esque except with the volume turned up. And Ortega looked great too, was never really out of the fight until the end. Fantastic main event.

I'll admit, I was pulling for Joanna. This might be the first time she ever came across as the babyface during a fight. Hat's off to Valentina though. Oh and lolol at Jessica Eye being next in line to fight her. Mauling incoming.

Speaking of maulings, the end of Nelson/Oliveira looked like something out of a horror movie. I actually cringed a little bit.

Jones/Gus 2 is up next lads.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    very very good show. not much interesting for max to do at FW. introduce him to lightweight vs. pettis, and if he wins then onto connor/tony/khabib.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowboy Oliveira is one of my least favourite fighters. Always seems to be cheating. So I rather enjoyed Gunni slicing him to bits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    very very good show. not much interesting for max to do at FW. introduce him to lightweight vs. pettis, and if he wins then onto connor/tony/khabib.
    He's already whooped Pettis once and not awfully long ago. That rematch is a hard sell. Vs Khabib/Tony winner or Conor or Nate Diaz on the other hand...
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; December 9th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Porier is the fight to make at lightweight for Holloway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Still think Poirier should be the fight to make for Conor, right in line with Khabib/Ferguson for the title.

Meanwhile Max vs any one of Nate, Gaethje, Barboza would make for a fun LW intro for him. Then maybe he tests his grappling against a guy like Lee before making a run at the top of the division with the dust settled from Poirier/Conor/Khabib/Ferguson.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between Khabib, Ferguson, Poirier, McGregor, Ortega, Lee and Holloway, if the next half decade or so aren't full of insane 5 round fights, there's something wrong with the world. Some of the best fighters of all time, same time, same weight. Holloway's performance last night might be the most complete championship performance ever. Just an overwhelming escalation of violence. Beast. Ortega was great himself but just had no answer to that volume and endurance.

Santos vs. Manuwa was insane. Love fights like that. Sluggers slugging until one falls. Santos less shopworn and gets the big finish. Chris Weidman HAS to see Santos and Smith's success and move up to light heavyweight.

Enjoyed Nelson vs. Cowboy. Two men dangerous in all realms of fighting. Nelson was just too dangerous on top. Vicious cut.

Prettt much done with women's MMA. The divisions are too shallow. 115lb is alright, I've got no interest in Val vs. Eye or Nunes vs. Viera, fights like that. Cynorg vs. Anderson. Just dull.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so glad Valentina won. I was sad Claudia lost. To an unranked fighter no less. Ugh.

Holloway might be the best fighter to watch in the UFC, maybe even all of MMA right now. IMO, the only fight that would even matter is if Conor dropped down to 145 for a part 2. Other than that, move up, stop killing yourself. And he wouldn't be small at 155 either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Though he's not even remotely ready for it I'd kill to see the stylistic matchup of Zabit/Max.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though he's not even remotely ready for it I'd kill to see the stylistic matchup of Zabit/Max.
    I am still curious as to what that fight with Khabib on short notice would have looked like.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I am still curious as to what that fight with Khabib on short notice would have looked like.
    Don't think we've seen Max face a top flight wrestler to this point, have we?

And Max is a legit warrior, no doubt, but Khabib's grappling is from another planet. And it would only be reasonable if Max had a chance to get to a proper 155, unlike what was including before.

It's a wicked intriguing matchup though, two high intensity pressure fighters as them. Ultimately I just don't think Max keeps Khabib off of him long enough to control the rhythm of the standup.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think we've seen Max face a top flight wrestler to this point, have we?

And Max is a legit warrior, no doubt, but Khabib's grappling is from another planet. And it would only be reasonable if Max had a chance to get to a proper 155, unlike what was including before.

It's a wicked intriguing matchup though, two high intensity pressure fighters as them. Ultimately I just don't think Max keeps Khabib off of him long enough to control the rhythm of the standup.
    I don't think anyone at 145 is even remotely close to the level of grappling like Khabib. And while I don't remember Holloway ever struggling with strong wrestlers/grapplers, at least in the last 4-5 years, this is still Khabib.

The sad thing is, with Max coming off that injury and a short notice weight cut, he probably would've been grapple fucked for 5 rounds because Khabib has said he doesn't try to hurt fighters he likes. One would think Khabib would take pity on young Max and finish him quickly but who knows.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Dom Cruz is injured and may not be ready to face John Lineker at 233.

Imagine that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As a fan of both Cruz and Velasquez for many years you would think I'd be numb to the disappointment by now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they're both guys who more often than not come back from a 2-3 year layoff like they didn't skip a beat. Cruz came back and won the damn belt lol. Cain put Travis Browne into a coma.

But Dom needs to stick to the booth. He doesn't even get like little injuries he gets the 2 year on the shelf injuries.

I mean, I know we've talked about Jon Jones pissing away some of his prime years but Dominic Cruz might be the the guy I look at and go, had he been healthier, he might have been one of the true GOATs. I would have paid to see him fight at 145 against someone like Aldo or McGregor or Holloway for sure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    And so just like that 233 has been canceled entirely.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so just like that 233 has been canceled entirely.
    I guess Funky Asscream isn't as big of a name as we thought because shit I thought the main event was Robbie Lawler v. Ben Askren lol. Apparently not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You thought Askren vs Lawler was the main event?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    And speaking of Cain, might we him in a cage sometime in 2019..

https://mobile.twitter.com/cainmma/s...57741092798472

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You thought Askren vs Lawler was the main event?
    I actually did. I know there wasn't an interim title attached to the fight but I figured shit, top 5 killer like Lawler v. "top 5" Askren. Why not? But yeah, the lack of a title fight should have been the key. When was the last time we had a ppv headlined by a non-title fight?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Diaz/Conor 2 most likely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    While the word "cancelled" has been thrown around (including by Ariel Helwani) other sources are saying UFC 233 has simply been postponed and that 2019 will still feature the same amount of cards as originally planned.

Evidently Lawler vs Askren is being rescheduled to March 2 in Las Vegas.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the word "cancelled" has been thrown around (including by Ariel Helwani) other sources are saying UFC 233 has simply been postponed and that 2019 will still feature the same amount of cards as originally planned.

Evidently Lawler vs Askren is being rescheduled to March 2 in Las Vegas.
    Somebody, not sure if it was Ariel or Chael or whoever but they said that the idea is that they're not even going to change UFC 234 to 233, they're going to still call it 234 and then 233 will happen as UFC 233 after that show lol. What the fuck...Vince runs the UFC now?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Very odd.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Couple interesting scraps both 'in the works' at the moment in..

Jose Aldo vs Renato Moicano

and

Cain Velasquez vs Francis Ngannou

I'm down.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cain V-Francis fight is the main event of the debut show on ESPN apparently. What I don't get is A-why are you putting Francis in a fight with someone like Cain and B-why are you doing the same to Cain? lol. Cain is going to beat this guy and be on the shelf another 2-3 years. If Francis wins it's a huge win obviously but to be honest I don't see how Ngannou wins this. Cain is so good even after not fighting years at a time lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Right or wrong Big Frank has cemented himself promotionally as punchers chance guy at the very least. And to the mainstream ESPN crowd, ya know..

And Cain is absolutely the favorite here, but 2.5 years off at 36 yo can't just be swept under the rug. I think the fight has some question marks of interest to be answered if nothing else.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right or wrong Big Frank has cemented himself promotionally as punchers chance guy at the very least. And to the mainstream ESPN crowd, ya know..

And Cain is absolutely the favorite here, but 2.5 years off at 36 yo can't just be swept under the rug. I think the fight has some question marks of interest to be answered if nothing else.
    Very true but for me I just think back to fights like Travis Browne. One could argue Ngannou is more dangerous obviously but Browne had the same come up, and Cain stole his soul and the guy was never the same lol.

I know I'm always the 1st to talk about how the best should fight the best, in this case though it's like Dom Cruz. Can we risk killing off a contender at the expense of a fighter made of rotten wood?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Cain V-Francis fight is the main event of the debut show on ESPN apparently. What I don't get is A-why are you putting Francis in a fight with someone like Cain and B-why are you doing the same to Cain? lol. Cain is going to beat this guy and be on the shelf another 2-3 years. If Francis wins it's a huge win obviously but to be honest I don't see how Ngannou wins this. Cain is so good even after not fighting years at a time lol.
    To answer question A, I'm pretty sure Dana hates Ngannou. He went on record that he wasn't impressed with his finish vs Blaydes and that it was an early stoppage.

Unless Cain comes in rusty he ought to maul big Francis.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer question A, I'm pretty sure Dana hates Ngannou. He went on record that he wasn't impressed with his finish vs Blaydes and that it was an early stoppage.

Unless Cain comes in rusty he ought to maul big Francis.
    It probably doesn't help that Francis' team said his last 2 losses were the result of working with the UFC performance center for his camps. And how could Dana not be impressed with that finish? The only people who truly thought that was an early stoppage was Blaydes' coach and Dana lol. Oh well. He's got his one black dude he cares about back in the mix (Jones) so why waste time on Francis any longer?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Stylebender?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stylebender?
    Naw

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Duh, I just totally skipped by that you wrote Jones there. My bad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In fairness Dana is big on Adesanya.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Absolutely, that's why he was my initial go-to assumption there.