Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 13676

Thread: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have seemed like the logical time to me but I guess they didn't think fans would respond to the lower weight classes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances that Jose Aldo ends up fighting someone who has been fighting in the UFC at 155? Now that UFC has a 145 division, do you think Frankie Edgar will drop down to the weight class that best fits his frame?

What 155 guys do you think will drop down to 145? Do you think anybody will pull a George Roop and cut all the way to 135 now that it's available?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Frankie drops unless he has too. He is the 155 Champion so the size difference doesn't seem to bother him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest that he'd want to drop to 145 to see if he can be a dual champion, but that would mean getting through Gray Maynard, then Ben Henderson and then Jose Aldo. MUCH easier said than done.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? UFC has completely absorbed WEC?

He hasn't fought well as of late but Faber in UFC makes me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Yeah, and once again .. if Mitrione isn't worthy of fighting Carwin .. why the fuck would he be worthy of fighting someone that was worthy of fighting Carwin.

Not trying to be a dick at all, I just don't get why you think Mitrione is such a big name or even that great.. he's VERY, VERY green. His holes are VERY, VERY obvious and Roy Nelson or even Shane Carwin would completely exploit them.
    I expect Mitrione/Madsen, or Mitrione/Schaub next.

For Nelson I think we're all interested in Mir but I wouldn't be surprised if they did throw Cro Cop in there.

Like somebody said, Nelson is almost a gatekeeper type of fighter...one who will never hold the title but who will always fight the best and when they're not available he'll fight whoever is.
    Heath Herring with a burger gut.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Close. WEC goes bye bye and is absorbed by UFC who will now promote the lighter weight fights.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/10/2...merge-in-2011/
    This will be excellent.

I really am excited about this. Torn got me to watch a recent WEC and I enjoyed it but unfortunately I don't get Versus and I can't always promise I'd be able to drop everything and watch it on a stream. But this makes it WAY easier for me to catch these guys not to mention (as others have stated) it opens up a wide variety of semi-dream matches. Aldo vs Frankie, the possibility of him moving up to 155 and fighting some of their best, the possibilities are endless.

Very exciting news.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; October 29th, 2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Need to learn my English more good

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PMBR View Post
    What are the chances that Jose Aldo ends up fighting someone who has been fighting in the UFC at 155? Now that UFC has a 145 division, do you think Frankie Edgar will drop down to the weight class that best fits his frame?

What 155 guys do you think will drop down to 145? Do you think anybody will pull a George Roop and cut all the way to 135 now that it's available?
    Roop fights at 145, but yeah I can still see guys doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
    I expect Mitrione/Madsen, or Mitrione/Schaub next.

For Nelson I think we're all interested in Mir but I wouldn't be surprised if they did throw Cro Cop in there.

Like somebody said, Nelson is almost a gatekeeper type of fighter...one who will never hold the title but who will always fight the best and when they're not available he'll fight whoever is.
    Heath Herring with a burger gut.
    I think its like way too early to put a gatekeeper title on Roy Nelson .. he KO'd Schaub and Struve in the first round and then became the very first person to ever go to a decision with Junior Dos Santos. 2-1 with the one loss being to the no.1 contendor (that wore himself out trying to put Nelson away) doesn't make you a gatekeeper. Gotta wait and see how he does in his next couple fights before you can drop that label on him. He hasn't had enough big name fights to lose to be called a gatekeeper .. Gabriel Gonzaga was a gatekeeper. Junior Dos Santos KO'd him in the first round.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think we'll start seeing guys who can make the drop to 145 go for it because the 145 division in the WEC wasn't exactly STACKED so that leaves a lot of room for people like say Clay Guida to possibly drop, Frankie Edgar and Tyson Griffin @ 145 maybe?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to say that I think the 145 and 135 divisions in the WEC are pretty damn stacked. I mean, think about it... there's really no bigger stage (until now) for those fighters than the WEC, so pretty much all the best 135 and 145ers in the world are in the WEC. Bellator and Dream both have some good 135/145ers (omigawa, warren, soto), but WEC by far has the most stacked roster at those divisions. .. Bellator and Dream are really the only other 2 promotions that can honestly say they have a 135 and 145 lb. DIVISION. WEC has most of the best though.
    Last edited by Dubya; October 29th, 2010 at 1:54 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ispi--UFC-125/

Mark Hominick is injured.
    Eric Koch / Josh Grispi pulled from the WEC 52 card.
    Josh Grispi v. Jose Aldo for the UFC Featherweight Title @ UFC 125.

Epic.

..also, Roy Nelson is off the 125 card. Grispi/Aldo will be co-main event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ispi--UFC-125/

Mark Hominick is injured.
    Eric Koch / Josh Grispi pulled from the WEC 52 card.
    Josh Grispi v. Jose Aldo for the UFC Featherweight Title @ UFC 125.

Epic.
    Man, I love Koch, I hope he gets a solid replacement because had he beat Grispi that could've put him at least one more fight away from a title shot. Oh well, should be explosive!

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is indeed epic.

Worth mentioning that Nelson has been pulled from the card too, so this fight is the new co-main event. Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this opens the door nicely for Nelson/Mir.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some words from Miguel Torres about the UFC/WEC merger .. from MMAjunkie.com Radio

"It just gives me a bigger audience to show how much of a badass I am and what a cool haircut looks like," Torres (38-3 MMA, 6-2 WEC) told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) shortly after the huge news.

"It's still under the Zuffa banner, but I'm sure I'll be worth a little more money," Torres said of his current deal.

"I think with time it will get a lot better, especially after the merger. I think I've gotten five bonuses out of seven fights, and that's a huge difference from a $10,000 (WEC) bonus to an $80,000 (UFC) bonus."

"They're trying to give me a relevant opponent to get me close to a title shot," he said. "I'll be ready to fight in December or January. Hopefully, (it will be) January."

And now that there are two new weight divisions available to the UFC for future editions of "The Ultimate Fighter," there's an opportunity for Torres to pass along the knowledge he's acquired in 10 years of professional fighting.

Mullets will be mandatory on set.

"I think I'd make an outstanding coach," he said. "A very sexy coach, at that."

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Ben Henderson was planning on petitioning for a UFC roster spot if he defeated Anthony Pettis, regardless of a merger or not.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=5743642

Personally, I'm hoping we end up with Edgar/Henderson .. great matchup really.
    Last edited by Dubya; October 30th, 2010 at 5:31 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Guymon vs. DeMarques Johnson set for the Jan.22 event.. which is either gonna be a Fight Night or a Fight for the Troops event. I'd be willing to bet that the loser of that one will be receiving his walking papers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roop fights at 145, but yeah I can still see guys doing it.
    When he first got canned from the UFC, Roop went to a tiny organization for one fight. He then dropped to 135 to get into the WEC and moved up to 145 for the Garcia fight.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I didn't even know that. Who did he fight to at 135? I'm assuming he lost since he didn't stay there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost a decision to Eddie Wineland at WEC 46.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The event on Jan.22 is officially being called UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops II. Lol what a mouthful. It's being said that Mike Swick will be making his return at the event now .. no opponent yet though .. Diego Sanchez? Mike Pyle? John Hathaway? Martin Kampmann? Chris Lytle?

.. apparently he's thinking of returning to middleweight
    Last edited by Dubya; November 1st, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my facebook ..

Matt Mitrione Hmmm, looks like Im fighting my buddy, Tim Hague. Lets get that money Tim. You're a damn good and dangerous fighter and I look forward to trading it up with you buddy!

Well, its not Carwin .. lol .. but it will do. This is about what I expected. Mitrione is still just 3 fights into his career. They shouldn't just throw him to the wolves with the obvious holes in his game. This should be a pretty good fight, though. No date or anything yet ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit I just read on Sherdog that Todd Duffee was going to fight Jon Madsen at UFC 121 but pulled out to heal more from an injury. I'd like to see him come back, people get caught, and that's all that happened to him. Honestly I would've liked to have seen him fight Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's next fight, good match up for Lesnar. Name value or not, Lesnar's still a young lion.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duffee got released a while back ..

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So UFC 126 is going to be fucking immense ..

Andseron Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
    Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
    Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones
    Jon Fitch vs. Jake Ellenberger**********just added
    Kenny Florian vs. Evan Dunham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duffee got released a while back ..
    I know he did, but, on Sherdog he did an interview where he talks about the UFC offering him a fight with Jon Madsen @ 121 that his manager committed to, and then Todd said no, I'm not healed up I need more time. Then he goes on to talk about how he'd rather fight for other promotions than the UFC.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UFC apparently agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FITCH VS ELLENBERGER SHOULD BE IMMENSE!

Hopefully Ellenberger can show off his wrestling, maybe stuff a few takedowns and even pull off the upset.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno.. I think Fitch is better at Ellenberger at pretty much everything. Wrestling, striking, submissions, clinch.. I like Ellenberger.. he's a good fighter.. I just don't see how he could beat Fitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LET ME DREAM YOU BASTARD!

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His best chance is probably a wild punch cuz he definitely has some KO power, but that's assuming he can manage to not get Fitch'd and put on his back ..

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Mitrione/Hague fight will be at the Fight Night 23/Troops II show.

So far that card looks like this ..

Mike Swick vs. TBA
    Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague
    Yves Edwards vs. Melvin Guillard
    Mike Guymon vs. DeMarques Johnson
    Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman

I'd imagine the highlighted will be on the main card. Don't think Guymon/Johnson will be there with them both coming off of losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UFC apparently agreed
    Agreed about what? I don't think you understand what I'm saying. He was released, then the UFC came back and asked him to fight Jon Madsen at UFC 121, he refused and doesn't have any intention on returning to the UFC. He was making it out like the door was still open for him after turning down the UFC 121 spot, but he's going to fight elsewhere to avoid the non-compete clause that can leave a fighter on the sidelines for 8-9 months.

It's not like he went after the UFC for another fight it was the other way around.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I remember that going was that was he was offered the fight, turned it down .. and then was released. It was only the summer when he was released.. it wasn't that long ago really, now that I think about it.. I remember reading about them releasing him because they thought he had a serious attitude problem and basically called him an asshole. .. perhaps for turning down the fight???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I remember that going was that was he was offered the fight, turned it down .. and then was released. It was only the summer when he was released.. it wasn't that long ago really, now that I think about it.. I remember reading about them releasing him because they thought he had a serious attitude problem and basically called him an asshole. .. perhaps for turning down the fight???
    Could be, the interview didn't give a time frame of when he was offered the fight, I figured it had to have been maybe right after he was released and they were using it as a way to say "Look what we can do if you act like a douche" but then again, what you're saying sounds like what might've went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Swick will be officially returning at Fight For The Troops II and they have named his opponent! Get ready for the pain because it's gonna be Mike Swick vs

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vs who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy best known as "The dude who stopped War Machine's win streak on the independent circuit".

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vs who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not read the spoilers?
    Mike Swick vs David Mitchell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can you not read the spoilers?
    Mike Swick vs David Mitchell
    I can read Mike Swick and vs but after that I just draw a blank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy LOST in his promotional debut. Why the FUCK is he getting bumped up to the main card, to fight a guy who was in a #1 contenders bout 2 fights ago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Swick has lost some steam with consecutive losses and a hiatus but surely he's still good enough to fight someone people have at least heard of? Unless they're just intentionally feeding him to avoid another loss.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even find this guy on wikipedia. IS HE EVEN A REAL PERSON?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only familiar with the guy because I was following War Machine's win streak. He was undefeated until losing at Fight Night 22 to another guy I've never heard of. It apparently wasn't close, because he lost 30-27 on all 3 scorecards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So basically he sucks.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of fighting David Mitchell, Swick should fight a mystery opponent. In fact, mystery opponents should be much more frequent in MMA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 126 is no longer the most amazing card ever (but it's still in the top 99%)

Evan Dunham vs Kenny Florian is now on the Fight For the Troops II card.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine that will headline the Troops event. Good headline for a Fight Night.

Swick's been gone for a while with injury and coming off 2 straight losses .. probably just letting him get the cage rust off. Was talking about moving back to 185 too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to think, Swick coming off 2 losses doesn't exactly keep him higher than maybe 9 in the top 10. I look @ this fight like Houston Alexander v. Keith Jardine or Randy Couture v. Mike Van Arsdale, maybe the guy will rise to the occassion, maybe he'll just be a punching bag.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swick needs a win. Badly. His opponent is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't even mean anything if he wins. This guy is a loser from the prelims. Why didn't they put him against someone like Claude Patrick or Anthony Waldburger. They aren't known by the majority of fans, but at least they are coming off of wins.

The worst thing possible for Swick is to be put in there against a grinder. Not only will he lose, but guys who fight grinders tend to look VERY bad when they can't get out from the bottom. In the War Machine fight, that's exactly the strategy that Mitchell used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't even mean anything if he wins. This guy is a loser from the prelims. Why didn't they put him against someone like Claude Patrick or Anthony Waldburger. They aren't known by the majority of fans, but at least they are coming off of wins.

The worst thing possible for Swick is to be put in there against a grinder. Not only will he lose, but guys who fight grinders tend to look VERY bad when they can't get out from the bottom. In the War Machine fight, that's exactly the strategy that Mitchell used.
    Dude, nothing against your opinion, but are you seriously comparing Swick to War Machine? Swick has only lost to top guys in the UFC: Hardy, Paulo Thiago, and Yushin Okami. And remember, Swick is coming off losses as well, he's fallen down the rankings, and needs to work his way back up. Doesn't matter how well known he might be or how long ago he was close to a title shot, doesn't mean he has to fight A-someone known and/or B-someone coming off a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize if I offend any Mike Swick or Dan Hardy fans out there, but I don't think either of them deserve the rankings that they get.

Swick has only lost to Dan Hardy, Paulo Thiago and Yushin Okami. However, his wins are over guys like Jonathan Goulet (fired), Ben Saunders (fired), Marcus Davis (1-3 in last 4) and Josh Burkman (fired), guys who aren't top 20 fighters. I LIKE Swick and he has some cool highlight reel stuff, but anytime he faces top level competiton, he loses. In his last 7 fights, Swick is 4-3.

Hardy is 4-2 in the UFC, but I feel he should be 3-3 from the Marcus Davis fight. 2 of his wins are split decisions, the other is a KO on Rory Markham and the other is his decision over Swick. I don't think he looked overly impressive in any of those fights, except for the Swick fight. I never felt that he deserved his title shot, but instead that he was promoted to a title shot based on:
    Kampmann losing
    GSP killing the other contenders
    being British and a colorful character.

Where did I compare Swick to War Machine? I mentioned that in the one fight of Mitchell's that I've seen, he employed a lay'n'pray strategy and didn't care about inflicting damage or improving position. If that's the only fight I've seen of the guy, I can't assume that he has other tools or strategies that he would use instead.

I will forever argue that someone who wasn't deserving of being on the main card of a Fight Night, does not deserve to be on the main card of the next Fight Night after a loss, against a better opponent than his last. It looks like Swick is simply getting a can to step on.

For the record, Fight Magazine has David Mitchell ranked as the #72 welterweight and Swick is #47. SO many guys in between.
    Last edited by PMBR; November 3rd, 2010 at 8:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were implying that because what happened to War Machine against Mitchell it would happen to Swick because you said guys who fight grinders tend to look very bad, and that was the strategy Mitchell used against War Machine. I'm sorry, but War Machine is not anywhere near the level of Mike Swick on the feet or on the ground so just because the plan worked for Mitchell in that fight doesn't mean it will work at all against Swick.

Side note, Lesnar's camp is requesting Roy Nelson as his next fight. Fuck yeah and Fuck Frank Mir. Mir v. Lesnar 3 is about as thrilling as Couture/Liddell 3 was when they announced it, not very much excitement even though the rivalry is there and can sell. I just think people would rather see Lesnar against someone different, and Roy would be a good test!

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a shame that someone named War Machine sucks so bad. How awesome would that be if there was a War Machine that destroyed everybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Roy on the ground against Lesnar, especially if Roy can get Lesnar on his back (has Lesnar ever been on his back in a guard (aside from Carwin and Cain pounding on him)?

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno .. I don't think he could get Lesnar down, first off .. but if he did .. I don't think he'd have the pure strength to hold Lesnar down.. I mean, who knows .. but it seems to me that Lesnar would be strong enough to push him off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yep. Excuse the pun but Roy's biggest advantage normally is his massive gut. I don't think that would be an issue for Lesnar.

Still I would love to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FEAR THE BELLY

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The belly will probably hold down a good percentage of HW's, including some good wrestlers.. but I just don't know when you're talking about someone as big/strong as Lesnar, who is also a great wrestler on top of being big/strong.. It'd be interesting for sure, but I think Lesnar could get out from under him.

Could you imagine the weigh-in photos if those 2 fought? Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say right now I'm not impressed at all with the GSP/Kos 2 card. It looks worse than some of these freebies we've been getting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?

GSP vs Kos II = TUF Coach vs TUF Coach = Biggest Favorite vs Most Hated Man
    Joe Stevenson vs Mac Danzig = TUF Winner vs TUF Winner
    Jim Miller vs Charles Oliveira = 2 IMMENSE lightweights trying to break into Top 10
    Thiago Alves vs John Howard = standup WAR between muay thai specialists - #3 welterweight
    Stefan Struve vs Sean McCorkle = OK... you got me on this one

What free card do you find better than this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not counting the main event it's about on par with the free ones we've been getting. It's better than 122 obviously but I was also thinking how weak it looked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?

Jim Miller vs Charles Oliveira = 2 IMMENSE lightweights trying to break into Top 10
    Thiago Alves vs John Howard = standup WAR between muay thai specialists - #3 welterweight

GSP/Kos 2=the only fight I'm digging right now.

Stevenson v. Danzig=If Danzig wasn't such a loser I might actually care, could give a shit less about TUF winners, doesn't make them any better (get off the TUF=good fighters tip homeboy it's cramping your style).

Miller v. Oliveira=meh.

Thiago v. John Howard=Thiago's last 2 fights were boring, him being the #3 welterweight a year ago doesn't do him much good.

Struve v. McCorkle=exactly, who cares.

Just a really really sub par event, and I think what makes it worse is that GSP/Kos is a huge huge fight and it seems the UFC didn't care much about the other fights because they know the main event alone sells the ppv. I figured the UFC would try a little harder but hey they probably think like you do and are like "hey we've got 2 guys who won The Ultimate Fighter, and everyone on TUF is a draw!"

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually agree with Iowan here. Aside from GSP/Kos the rest of the card lacks star power. The fights might turn out to be good but if there was a lesser ME on the card, I wouldn't be ordering it. That said, it's GSP so I'll be ordering it for sure and I also agree that is exactly what the UFC figures will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thiago's last 2 fights were boring because they were nothing but him being held down by a wrestler who has no finish ability. This time he is fighting a standup fighter and both of them are ridiculously talented muay thai specialists.

Miller vs Oliveira is meh? Are you kidding me? Both of these guys are INSANELY impressive and could see title shots in no less than 3 more wins. In the unbelieveably stacked lightweight division, that says A LOT!

I can understand not caring about Mac Danzig, so I won't argue that one. I'm not saying that everyone on TUF is a draw. I'm saying that TUF winners from highly watched seasons are draws. People like Joe Daddy and it's not like he is fighting a nobody.

Side Note: Are he and Tyson Griffin in the same fight camp? That's one that I'm itching to see. I know Joe Daddy moved camps sometime in the last couple years but I can't recall where he landed.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?

Mac Danzig is a piece of shit and I'd rather watch your mom fight.

John Howard isn't on Thiago Alves' level, no matter how much of a war you think it will be. I'm pretty sure this is a fight for Alves to get his momentum back cuz he's gonna steam roll Howard.

GSP/Kos II, Miller/Oliveira and Struve/McCorkle are the only ones I really care about here.. but those are great fights. Stevenson/Danzig seems like a Fight Night headliner to me. You could put Alves/Howard right under it too. I just don't care about either fight cuz I'm 85% sure how they're each gonna go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stevenson/Danzig - I don't understand why you think a fight that you yourself just deemed worthy of headlining a Fight Night somehow isn't worthy of being on the early half of a PPV main card.

Agree to disgree on Alves/Howard. I think that fight will be fantastic and we'll just have to wait and see.

What makes you care about Struve/McCorkle? That's the only one I don't really have any interest in.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Struve vs McCorkle apparently is going to be the co-main. Eek. I get what they are saying, a lot of the fights arn't appealing in terms of how relevant in the division most of these fighters are right now. Looking forward to Miller/Oliveira, and Alves/Howard should show us what Alves can still do but the card is all about GSP in Montreal. Not really bothered, should be fun and not every card has to be super stacked especially with a main event like this one. There are some good fights. It's going to sell out, it's going to have a lot of buys, purely on the back of GSP/Koscheck, so might as well save bigger fights for other cards.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say it wasn't worthy .. I just say its a shitty fight. They both have enough name to be on the card, sure .. but Danzig is gonna get mauled. There's literally no way I can see him winning. Everything he's good at, Joe Daddy is better at.. it has name-value, but its just seems like a gimme-fight for Joe Daddy.

Honestly, Struve/McCorkle is the fight I wanna see the most, under GSP/Kos .. I mean, whats not to see? You have two 6 foot 6+ BJJ aces that each have good stand-up. I think its an interesting fight, to say the least. Should be fun to watch. ..

Miller/Oliveira should be fireworks .. that is, if Oliveira can avoid the takedown or survive on his back ..

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll find out a lot about Oliveira from that fight. Miller is no joke and is looking to move up the ladder.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're gonna find out a lot about Oliveira and McCorkle both in their fights .. maybe John Howard, but probably not.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll find out that John Howard isn't as good as Thiago Alves.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we already knew that. Lol. We might find out how good of a chin he has.. ?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the weigh ins are always more interesting when Alves is fighting..

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there's a real suspense element to it. Lol.

You'd have to think that if he doesn't make weight this time, he's either gets cut (PUN) or is forced up to 185.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he misses again there is no way Dana gives him another fight at 170.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Struve/McCorkle is the co-main event? Wow, even shittier than I first expected. At least give Joe Daddy the co-main event spot, he's one of the top 155ers in the division. McCorkle and his one fight against a jabroni earns him that spot?

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 124 card does look a little weak but I couldn't care less.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    Struve/McCorkle is the co-main event? Wow, even shittier than I first expected. At least give Joe Daddy the co-main event spot, he's one of the top 155ers in the division. McCorkle and his one fight against a jabroni earns him that spot?
    Mark Hunt isn't really a jabroni .. He's a K-1 champion. He doesn't have a super impressive mma record, but look at the only people to beat him .. Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Mousasi, Manhoef, McCorkle .. Some pretty good company there. Hunt just doesn't have anywhere near the Jits that McCorkle does and it definitely killed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Hunt isn't really a jabroni .. He's a K-1 champion. He doesn't have a super impressive mma record, but look at the only people to beat him .. Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Mousasi, Manhoef, McCorkle .. Some pretty good company there. Hunt just doesn't have anywhere near the Jits that McCorkle does and it definitely killed him.
    Dude, Mark Hunt hasn't been shit for years. Look @ the only people to beat him, almost every loss was barely into the first round, pathetic. His 2 biggest wins were extremely questionable (the 2 splits against Cro and Wanderlai, especially the one against Silva). He's junk, I could care less about a K-1 champion cuz none of them fair well in MMA after they win it.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't been shit in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't been shit in years.
    hahahaha, no, YOU haven't been shit in years!

Seriously, I like Struve, but he's someone I wouldn't even put in as a co-main eventer unless it was against a top HW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thiago's last 2 fights were boring because they were nothing but him being held down by a wrestler who has no finish ability. This time he is fighting a standup fighter and both of them are ridiculously talented muay thai specialists.

Irony that Alves was finished by Fitch in their first fight?

GSP has no finish ability? I've seen him finish some of the best fighters on the planet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was wondering that myself, Fitch I'd give you but GSP has proven himself to be very capable of finishing fights.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitch can finish fights.. so can GSP.. neither have recently though. Fitch has just had a lot more fights recently.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're showing the best UFC fights of 2009 on Spike right now, if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    I was wondering that myself, Fitch I'd give you but GSP has proven himself to be very capable of finishing fights.
    OK... GSP... a guy who hasn't finished a fight in over 2 1/2 years. I'm not sure I think of the Penn fight as a finish because Georges didn't really finish him. BJ quit when he realized he couldn't win. You get my point. Thiago's last 2 fights were boring ONLY because he had 2 guys that just wanted to take him down and couldn't do anything once they got him there.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham/Florian has been replaced with Condit/Lytle on UFC 126 .. replace a great fight with a great fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... GSP... a guy who hasn't finished a fight in over 2 1/2 years. I'm not sure I think of the Penn fight as a finish because Georges didn't really finish him. BJ quit when he realized he couldn't win. You get my point. Thiago's last 2 fights were boring ONLY because he had 2 guys that just wanted to take him down and couldn't do anything once they got him there.
    You said his fights were boring because he fought 2 guys who can't finish anyone which didn't make any sense whatsoever, especially when you factor in Thiago was finished by Jon Fitch the first time they fought. GSP's record is pretty spread out, he's subbed people, TKO'd them, and took them 3-5 rounds for the Unamious Decision. Truth is, unless Thiago is fighting someone he has a huge advantage over whether it's size, striking, or they had a month to train for Thiago, he doesn't do well at all. That's why Spencer Fisher was able to put him out.

I think a big factor into why Thiago's last couple fights he didn't perform well is because of the cut. That's why he couldn't do anything, not only was he fighting the elite grapplers in the division, GSP probably having the best wrestling of any MMA fighter at 170 and Fitch being Fitch, but he cut 20-30lbs days before the fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunham/Florian has been replaced with Condit/Lytle on UFC 126 .. replace a great fight with a great fight.
    And I think this has got to be the greatest card in the history of the UFC. If anyone wishes to dispute that, please find a better card.

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort
    Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin
    Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader
    Carlos Condit vs Chris Lytle
    Jon Fitch vs Jake Ellenberger

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now they're saying it could be 126 or 127 .. I can't say I'd be upset if it was moved, as that's still an amazing card and they could plug in a 135/145 bout.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well alright then .. hit shuffle one more time ..

Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Buenellos added to UFC 126 .. I imagine that means Condit / Lytle goes to 127 ..

WEC and UFC as one is so great .. they're replaced a great fight with a great fight twice in 2 days ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works for me! Surprised they went with Banuelos considering he just lost to Jorgensen. Then again, he's probably the highest ranked 135 guy who doesn't already have an upcoming fight.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and Banuelos is a gamer. He'll give Torres a good fight for sure.

John Morgan (mmajunkie editor) tweeted earlier that there were a bunch of notable fighters at the TUF 13 tryouts, including Andre Galvo ..

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran @ Fight for the Troops II

Good fight for Barry, stylistically.. Beltran will stand and trade with him .. and probably get KO'd.

So now that card reads like this:
    • Evan Dunham vs. Kenny Florian
    • Yves Edwards vs. Melvin Guillard
    • Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
    • David Mitchell vs. Mike Swick
    • Tim Hague vs. Matt Mitrione
    • Mike Guymon vs. DaMarques Johnson
    • Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman
    Not too bad at all for a Fight Night.
    Last edited by Dubya; November 4th, 2010 at 9:33 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's the best looking Fight Night I think I've ever seen.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and Banuelos is a gamer. He'll give Torres a good fight for sure.

John Morgan (mmajunkie editor) tweeted earlier that there were a bunch of notable fighters at the TUF 13 tryouts, including Andre Galvo ..
    Some others ..

Karl Amoussou (strikeforce)
    Tyler Stinson (bellator)
    James Krause (wec)
    Dave Terrel (wec)
    Charlie Radar (bellator)
    Frankie Lester (TUF 9)
    Zak Cummings (bellator/strikeforce)
    Robert McDaniel (bellator/strikeforce/eliteXC)
    Nick Newell.. one-armed fighter .. apparently amazed people on the ground and tapped whoever he was working with .. would make for interesting TV if he made it on the show ..

not a bad list of prospects there. there's more on mmajunkie, but i didn't know who any of the others were.