User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the bear was pretty easy for me to kill. after hosea left i threw down more predator bait and waited a few minutes. traveled up into the woods where it had run off to and it was just roaming around the trees and rocks. i hopped up on a rock and took some shots with my repeater. it charged me, i was up high enough on the rock that it couldnt get me, switched to my shotgun and finished it off.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if it's a declining interest in video games, or what, but I'm not into this game at all. The controls suck and are clunky, and the missions are average at best. After hearing about the concept of the new Fallout, I was hoping this would be solid, but it's been a letdown.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The controls are the only real criticism I have against this game. Rockstar haven't really moved on since GTA IV.

Simon
    Does anyone know what the online stuff is likely to be like? I really can't wait to wander around this enormous, beautiful world with loads of other twats.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love no player blips on the map, so you can just wander around the world not knowing what is around the corner and maybe organising a place to meet with your mates over mics or interacting with the wildlife as you please, but then occasionally getting into fights with other playable characters if you happen to see them by chance, rather than simply waypointing your journey to where other players are situated on the map as is usually the case.

I hated the insane unreality of GTA's online stuff - the races and teamwork tasks were ok, but the open world stuff was just ridiculous, fucking huge fighter jets exploding all over the place so you could never really take a breath. It didn't feel like a real world, which was the entire point of GTA in the first place. And that became doubly irritating if, like me, you only dropped in occasionally and so were more or less stuck with your arse hanging out on level minus-200 while all the die-hards had accrued billions of dollars and had access to all the mad artillery and vehicles.

I'm sure there is a reason why it can't happen, but the dream for me would be to go online in a fully-functioning RDR or GTA world with a proper population, and just seamlessly blend in with all the NPCs without any other online players being able to tell unless I acted oddly or looked weird. Imagine spotting another online player acting like a cunt, and being able to pretend you were an NPC to get close to them. Then quietly shanking them as you walk past. Bliss.

I love the idea of getting a group of mates together and creating, maintaining and presumably sometimes defending a camp. It seems like such an obvious, simple idea, and I'm very excited to see what stupid, shit alternatives we end up with instead.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to play it without blips showing on the map.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    I would love to play it without blips showing on the map.
    Simon and wardy, just trotting around on their horses talking about funny retweets and culling animals for a laugh. Would make a great TV show.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Does anyone know what the online stuff is likely to be like? I really can't wait to wander around this enormous, beautiful world with loads of other twats.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love no player blips on the map, so you can just wander around the world not knowing what is around the corner and maybe organising a place to meet with your mates over mics or interacting with the wildlife as you please, but then occasionally getting into fights with other playable characters if you happen to see them by chance, rather than simply waypointing your journey to where other players are situated on the map as is usually the case.

I hated the insane unreality of GTA's online stuff - the races and teamwork tasks were ok, but the open world stuff was just ridiculous, fucking huge fighter jets exploding all over the place so you could never really take a breath. It didn't feel like a real world, which was the entire point of GTA in the first place. And that became doubly irritating if, like me, you only dropped in occasionally and so were more or less stuck with your arse hanging out on level minus-200 while all the die-hards had accrued billions of dollars and had access to all the mad artillery and vehicles.

I'm sure there is a reason why it can't happen, but the dream for me would be to go online in a fully-functioning RDR or GTA world with a proper population, and just seamlessly blend in with all the NPCs without any other online players being able to tell unless I acted oddly or looked weird. Imagine spotting another online player acting like a cunt, and being able to pretend you were an NPC to get close to them. Then quietly shanking them as you walk past. Bliss.

I love the idea of getting a group of mates together and creating, maintaining and presumably sometimes defending a camp. It seems like such an obvious, simple idea, and I'm very excited to see what stupid, shit alternatives we end up with instead.
    there's this whole community of people that treat GTA online as a roleplaying game and broadcast it on twitch. like a guy named sheriff eli that drives around in a cop car and pulls other users over and shit like that. they've got servers and groups dedicated to things other than living out criminal and action movie fantasies. i think it might be a mostly PC player base, though. not sure how it works for consoles. there's some interesting things that go on in there. rockstar hasnt released any real details on the RDR online but you gotta assume it'll be very similar to GTA's given how successful it is. there was a rumor there might be a battle royale mode for it.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So is it just me who keeps riding their horse full on into trees as I continue to forget it's not like other games that just gently push you around the trees or allow you to run into them without consequences.

Simon
    Did the bear hunt last night with Hosea and it was one of the most exciting bits of gaming I can ever remember being involved with - methodically hunting the bear created a subtle feeling of dread, particularly when my horse got spooked (really clever way of increasing tension while also letting you know you're on the right track in a hunt)...and then I got a genuine fright when the bear was suddenly upon me.

I dunno if I'd just rinsed my Dead Eye trying to search for clues to finding him or if it doesn't work when you're being attacked, which would make sense from a kayfabe point of view as your man shouldn't really be capable of such calmness when he's under attack by a bear, but when I tried to use Dead Eye the bear didn't slow down at all and immediately mauled me to death?

It was a properly exhilarating little moment, going from a low-level fear of where he might be to the sudden realisation that he was coming right for me. I've no idea how the mechanics of the game work with regard to hunts, but I was left with the feeling that he was hunting me just as much as I was hunting him - I was scouring the area for a good five minutes or so looking for him, and then when my horse panicked and I turned round, he was right there. Brilliant.
    Getting a bit sick of this cunt now to be honest. Three times I've spent a while preparing myself for the hunt, rode out to his patch, tracked him, set up bait and...then suddenly he's on me and I'm dead in seconds. I've done about two hours total failing to kill him. The bait doesn't seem to do anything - it was raining at the time, would that make it more difficult for him to smell the bait? That seems like an insane question level to ask but with the amount of detail in this game it wouldn't surprise me.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    So is it just me who keeps riding their horse full on into trees as I continue to forget it's not like other games that just gently push you around the trees or allow you to run into them without consequences.
    I've actually noticed the other thing - the horse seems, for the most part, to skip between trees automatically, which feels weird at first but makes sense as he is an autonomous beast not a vehicle. Sometimes he won't manage it and the pair of us go flying, but if I'm riding through the forest he usually does a good job of finding the gaps.
    Last edited by Simon; November 15th, 2018 at 7:21 AM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I always crash into trees and it drives me insane.

Simon, I also got jumped by the bear every time. Eventually I managed to take it out with my shotgun while it was mauling me to pieces. I also haven't been able to use bait successfully either.

Simon
    He's a dirty bastard that bear. I cannot wait to defeat him. Out of anger I might not even skin him, just leave his body there for the vultures.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You got to skin him Simon! That way you can wear his face as a bad ass trophy hat. I didn't have any trouble with the bear. The Bullgator in the other hand has killed me. Was sniping the thing, put 2 bullets in his face and all it did was rush and kill me. Pretty fun right to watch that thing through my scope just make a direct line to me, then shake me like a rag doll in his mouth. I'm going to try again today. I've gotten the bear, beaver, moose, ram and coyote so far. Gator's days are numbered!

Simon
    I'm sure I will skin him, I've just got the hump cos three nights in a row I've spent a fucking age planning his assassination and then come away empty-handed (and empty-gutted).

Simon
    Anyone got any new stories? I've had great fun reading this thread over the past few weeks, seeing what mayhem people have been getting into.

I went on a bit of a wander the other day and somehow ended up getting shot at and chased by some group of cowboys. I'm not entirely sure why they started shooting, it was just after I killed a wild animal - is it possible that the NPC's took my shooting as a threat, or is it likely just coincidence that I was randomly attacked after I shot the animal?

Anyway, in my desperation to get away (they chased me for fucking AGES) I ended up going miles outside the parts of the map I'd explored so far. First of all I ended up at the Braithwaite mansion which I've heard people mention is a big deal later on - it was quite exciting seeing something that was so outside of the ramshackle nature of everything I've seen so far. Then the locals started shouting at me for trespassing so I fucked off to Rhodes, which also looks like it could be worth exploring later (I'm assuming that's also part of the story).

Once again it was just great fun riding around, without advancing the story or really doing anything of note. I dunno about anyone else, but I get a real feeling of calm when I get back to my camp - in fact, without really planning it, I now have a fairly steadfast rule that I have to get back to camp before turning the game off. I sort of treat camp as the place where your game is saved, even though I know the game is constantly auto-saving as you play. I think sub-consciously I don't like the idea of leaving Arthur unattended in the open when I'm not playing, like he might be killed while I'm at work. Basically I treat him like a Tamagotchi.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I started to advance through the missions a bit because I found out some of the stuff I wanted gameplay wise (some dead eye related stuff) is locked out until you reach certain missions.

I’ve gotten myself to Saint-Denis. And I think you should continue just advancing the story a bit. Not necessary of course but going through the story brings you to many new places in this giant map.

I do have an issue with the stage coaches. I never seem to be able to get one. Whenever I go to the post it says they are currently unavailable. Am I doing something wrong?

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    You can't use a stagecoach if you've got a bounty in that area. Also you need to get off your horse to approach the bloke to use one.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm about half way through chapter six. I've slowed quite a bit on the story and just started really exploring. I've killed most legendary animals. I think I have two left or so. Found a couple treasures. Been doing the challenges a bit.

Alf
    MAAAYYY IIIIIII...

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Online gonna be fully out by the end of this month from what I'm seeing.

I'm stoked

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    What the fuck are you supposed to do with the massive bear pelt?

I've been walking around like a cunt trying to flog it.

PS Simon i killed him first time, walked up and blasted his fucking pus with the quickdraw.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    What the fuck are you supposed to do with the massive bear pelt?

I've been walking around like a cunt trying to flog it.

PS Simon i killed him first time, walked up and blasted his fucking pus with the quickdraw.
    take it to a trapper and sell it to him.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got any new stories? I've had great fun reading this thread over the past few weeks, seeing what mayhem people have been getting into.

I went on a bit of a wander the other day and somehow ended up getting shot at and chased by some group of cowboys. I'm not entirely sure why they started shooting, it was just after I killed a wild animal - is it possible that the NPC's took my shooting as a threat, or is it likely just coincidence that I was randomly attacked after I shot the animal?

Anyway, in my desperation to get away (they chased me for fucking AGES) I ended up going miles outside the parts of the map I'd explored so far. First of all I ended up at the Braithwaite mansion which I've heard people mention is a big deal later on - it was quite exciting seeing something that was so outside of the ramshackle nature of everything I've seen so far. Then the locals started shouting at me for trespassing so I fucked off to Rhodes, which also looks like it could be worth exploring later (I'm assuming that's also part of the story).

Once again it was just great fun riding around, without advancing the story or really doing anything of note. I dunno about anyone else, but I get a real feeling of calm when I get back to my camp - in fact, without really planning it, I now have a fairly steadfast rule that I have to get back to camp before turning the game off. I sort of treat camp as the place where your game is saved, even though I know the game is constantly auto-saving as you play. I think sub-consciously I don't like the idea of leaving Arthur unattended in the open when I'm not playing, like he might be killed while I'm at work. Basically I treat him like a Tamagotchi.
    Check out the chained up outhouse on their property.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Finished the main story. I won't get into detail but I liked it. Finishing out collectibles and legendary fish. I'm at 87.7% overall completion but doubtful I'll even hit high 90s. We will see though.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Do they make it clear when you're about to enter the final mission?

I just started Chapter 6 and feel I'm getting close to the end. I want to finish as many side missions as I can beforehand.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can keep playing after you beat it. Great game. Horrible ending.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has ANYONE seen Gavin?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They don't tell you but I could feel the story escalating. I don't remember the mission name but it was a
    I started keeping manual saves after each major mission. So I can go back to that point if I choose.

Not sure if it's really spoiler worthy but better safe than sorry.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    After Dutch's mission, My Last Boy.

The next D is the point if no return.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Last Boy is my next mission...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is definitely a dumb question, but considering the digital copy of RDR 2 makes my PS4 sound like a jet engine, would a physical copy put less stress on the console? I need to just clean the fucking fan, but I'm a lazy idiot.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably not since all these games install to the hard drive anyway and the disc drive will be moving, as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Them O'Driscoll boys were holed up in Six Point Cabin. Surprised the hell out of me. Busted in on em. They didn't take kindly to that. Woke up full of holes a ways away with some of my money gone. Figure the O'Driscolls took it. Tried again, this time using the cabin wall as cover. I'll be damned if the O'Driscolls didn't start coming from every direction outside the cabin...

Woke up again picking bullets out of my teeth, a few dollars shorter and I was rightly ticked off. This time I made my presence known with dynamite. Killed a couple that way, picked the rest off, looted the bodies, carried them in a big old pile in the middle of the cabin and topped them boys off with a fire bottle. Had to be over a dozen. Sent em straight to hell in a blaze. Good luck identifyin' em. Can only imagine the look on them O'Driscolls faces when they see what I left for 'em...

O'Driscolls are only good for kindlin' anyhow...

Was on my horse Farty McTacos deep in the Blue Water Marsh. Lemoyne they call it. I call it Lemony. Saw a body hanging from a tree. Figured I'd shoot it down and see if there was any loot on the poor bastard. Was ambushed by "The Night Folk". Real nasty fellers. They cover themselves in dirt, make animal noises, sneak up when you least suspect it, and attack in groups with knives and hatchets. Cannibals. Real nasty fellers...

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mods, I think cbac has hacked Bill Casey's account.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seriously though...
    Fuck the Night Folk...

Last edited by Bill Casey; December 4th, 2018 at 9:59 AM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I’ve not come across those guys yet.

But you know what I do hate. Cougars. By the time I pull my gun from my horse To get into dead eye I’m already dead.

Almost done the main story. Will probably finish tonight.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was foggy and the middle of the night, too...

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So finished it.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished it today as well and pretty much agree with everything you've said.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just watched a hawk pick up a snake with my binoculars...
    I didn't know that could happen...
    The level of detail in this game is impressive...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Handlebar Mustache Arthur or bust...

O'Driscoll Bonfire...

What happens if you leave a dead gator and another one spawns...

My Custom Outfit...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could not for the life of me reel in the Legendary Longnose Gar. My thumbs just aren't fast enough. So I ended up blowing it up with dynamite and somehow pushing it to shore in my canoe. Pushing a fish to shore in a canoe in this game is not easy, but it was still easier than the carpel tunnel inducing bullshit they set up...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; December 21st, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The one you catch that’s part of a mission. Fuck that was annoying as shit.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nearly cried at that one.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I'm hating online mode.

I've never played the original either, everyone just recommended this after playing GTA Online like crazy. Gotta say, being mindful of a horse's stamina and health is not something I really wanted to consider that much.

I am a bit of an inhuman bastard that doesn't care for animals irl though.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my first proper go of online with my mate earlier and thought it was great fun.

Simon
    Finally advanced with the storyline a bit over the last couple of days after a month or so of doing nothing much other than wandering around. Saving that little twat from the cult was good fun, but I really enjoyed robbing some bloke's house at night while he slept, then fucking off in his stagecoach.

I could have done with a little more jeopardy - it didn't feel like I particularly needed to be subtle when robbing the house, although I'm sure if I'm done anything particularly loud I'd have failed the mission - but once again the game did a great job of making it atmospheric. For the first time I actually have a few quid in my pocket as well, so I think I'm going to buy a good gun and finally take that cunt bear out.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You STILL haven't taken out the bear?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he fucking hasnt and, frankly, he's lucky he's still got all his limbs.

Simon
    You wanna get banned from here as well bro?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we starting the Rajah posse? I've been enjoying the story missions online with my mate but my shifts are all over the place so might need to play with folk from across the water.

Simon
    I'm happy to start whenever however I should warn you in advance I am fucking terrible

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it ASAP. You'll need to do a few introductory missions before you can join up with folk.

Simon
    Can we get a gang together and smash the bear?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I just killed the bear.

Simon

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’m wearing him as a hat.

Simon
    You two have been in cahoots all along. That bear sacrificed his own life to you, so that he could make me look like a twat. The ultimate victory for him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Maybe if you weren’t so knackered from playing football uphill you’d have got him?
    The standing on a rock trick does make it quite easy though.
    I went through the legendary Buffalo (Bison? Is there a difference?) territory but couldn’t find him anywhere, plus I’d forgotten my coat so I was getting a bit nippy and had to leave.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the one in the snow, I found him eventually but it was a pain in the arse.

- - - Updated - - -

Only one I didn't manage to find was the puma/panther.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beer Monster View Post
    Maybe if you weren’t so knackered from playing football uphill you’d have got him?
    The standing on a rock trick does make it quite easy though.
    I went through the legendary Buffalo (Bison? Is there a difference?) territory but couldn’t find him anywhere, plus I’d forgotten my coat so I was getting a bit nippy and had to leave.
    The last couple of times I've gone there I've not even been able to find the bear. The last time it said there was too much activity or something.

After playing as a goodie all the way through so far, someone gobbed off at me while I was out a-wandering so I drowned him, then drowned someone who witnessed it. Somehow I ended up with a bounty on me, but it was only $30 and I'm pretty sure I got more than that from the robbery so really it was just a tax.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I always intend to be a nice guy, but then you accidentally strangle a woman cos the controls are clunky and some nosy bastard sees you moving the body, so you kill him as well etc etc.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The controls are fucking awful.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any cunt want a go online?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Any cunt want a go online?
    I haven't really done any online except the tutorial for RDR2. It's not as bad as Fallout 76, is it? Otherwise I'd be down.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's brilliant but still in beta so it's not quite got everything up and running yet. I think there are only about 10 story missions but they're good fun

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’m going to give the online stuff a go after work.

Simon
    He's a dirty bastard that bear. I cannot wait to defeat him. Out of anger I might not even skin him, just leave his body there for the vultures.
    Finally got him, the cunt. Took me the best part of two years but I got him.

Last edited by Simon; August 8th, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice Simon, that's a sweet sweet pay off.

You skin him?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I picked up a game I started ages ago just before Christmas, have got back to that random island chapter now. The controls are still shit but I do love this game. I’m trying to be good this time, Arthur deserves those flowers on his grave damnit.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I need a Moose. Nothing else is currently more important.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I need to get this game out again. Quite enjoyable the first time around.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I got that fucking Moose last night, only took the best part of 3 days. Think I might try and achieve something in the real world today.

Simon
    Just completed this last night, over two years after buying it. The first time I've completed a feature-length game since...the original Playstation, I guess? Loved it so much, everything about it. The story was gripping and emotional in so many ways, the world-building was *incredible*, to the point that the story, as good as it was, seemed beside the point at times. Galloping around in the pissing rain just looking at things was more enjoyable than any of the missions.

I'm in two minds about the epilogue. It was a worthy addition, but having not really played the original RDR it didn't feel necessary to me, particularly as (from my understanding) it doesn't really lead into the story from the original.

But that is massively nitpicking, considering it is one of the most enjoyable 'proper' games I've ever played. I'm already looking forward to having another run through with more emphasis on taking in the world properly, doing all the side-missions, collecting things etc.
    Last edited by Simon; January 14th, 2021 at 7:16 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just finished the main storyline for the second time.
    I think I need a cup of tea.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want a ps5 update that reduces the control latency so it doesn't feel like molasses and I'll give RDR2 another try. I really wanted to like it.

Trying to move my character felt like someone in the other room had my controller and I would tell them to move through a walkie talkie before my character actually did anything.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I want a ps5 update that reduces the control latency so it doesn't feel like molasses and I'll give RDR2 another try. I really wanted to like it.

Trying to move my character felt like someone in the other room had my controller and I would tell them to move through a walkie talkie before my character actually did anything.
    That's the perfect way to describe it. It took some getting used to but I still love this game.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just completed this last night, over two years after buying it. The first time I've completed a feature-length game since...the original Playstation, I guess? Loved it so much, everything about it. The story was gripping and emotional in so many ways, the world-building was *incredible*, to the point that the story, as good as it was, seemed beside the point at times. Galloping around in the pissing rain just looking at things was more enjoyable than any of the missions.

I'm in two minds about the epilogue. It was a worthy addition, but having not really played the original RDR it didn't feel necessary to me, particularly as (from my understanding) it doesn't really lead into the story from the original.

But that is massively nitpicking, considering it is one of the most enjoyable 'proper' games I've ever played. I'm already looking forward to having another run through with more emphasis on taking in the world properly, doing all the side-missions, collecting things etc.

Simon

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed it over the summer, easily the best thing Rockstar have ever made, up there with the best story I've ever experienced in a video game.

Only the Mass Effects, Dragon Ages and Witchers have made me feel as if I'm influencing the world and story, in a fully realised game, as much as this did. Come near the end of the main story, the decisions and character beats I'd made were having a real impact on what I was playing and as such the emotional response from me was strong.

It's not perfect, the controls are rightly highlighted as lacking, but in terms of character analysis and storytelling, this will really take some beating.

I always thought GTA V was overrated. This only cemented that opinion.

Simon
    As it was so long since I started playing it originally, I've decided to start again with more emphasis on the world, the side missions, finding animals etc. Quite excited.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How come the animals Si? Seems to be only good to eat and sell or am I missing a component of the game?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The legendary animals possibly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just trying to find the fuckers in the first place is the challenge. That Moose took forever. I have since seen loads of the pricks.

Killing Cougars who leap out at you like a rapist in a dark alley is particularly satisfying, especially if you manage it and get a perfect pelt.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    As it was so long since I started playing it originally, I've decided to start again with more emphasis on the world, the side missions, finding animals etc. Quite excited.
    My second play through I aimed for getting high honour, it made it harder but ultimately much more rewarding.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The animals never give me any grief

Simon
    My second play through I aimed for getting high honour, it made it harder but ultimately much more rewarding.
    I played pretty much as a good guy the first time round, this time I'm taking each case on its merits. Slashed a guy's throat earlier for messing with Tilly, also smashed that bloke's hands up so he fell off the cliff. Also deliberately killed myself and my horse by running us off a waterfall, but that's because I was about to turn the game off having saved it, so it's not canon and doesn't count.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The animals never give me any grief
    Go hang around the swamps, bags of fun.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I managed to shoot a mans whole head off with a shotgun earlier. It was, graphic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I used to like putting a campsite next to a river or a lake and a trail. I would lasso people off their horses, hogtie them, and either throw them into the water or my campfire alive. I would have twenty five corpses roasting in my fire while I cook the fish I catch. The human flavoring gives the food that little something extra.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Simon
    @Alex if you look back through this thread you will find plenty more of that. The game allows/encourages you to behave like a lunatic. @wardy had some particularly worrying moments if I remember right.

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....=1#post8036613

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I genuinely think the game encourages you towards the not being a psycho.

Simon
    The storyline definitely does, but the sheer variety of horrible things you can do really doesn't.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It’s a moral maze.

It’s absolutely fine to kill hundreds of wild animals, but if I kill a sheep, that’s bad. I can totally loot this one guys corpse but if I kill a guy in a fight after he bumps in to me, gets pissy and pulls a gun I should not go through his pockets.
    The game teaches you many lessons.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely think the game encourages you towards the not being a psycho.
    Completely agree.

Simon
    Can we please please please organise a time where we can all mosey together? I have barely moseyed at all so far.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I’m gonna try the online for the first time in while now. If I remember rightly there is a little bit of story or something I need to play through first.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ok so I’ve played through that first bit and had a couple of hours free roaming. I’ll never not get annoyed at games I have payed for wanting more money from me, I can’t just steal horses from a wagon because it wants me to buy them, that’s just stupid, I’m a bloody outlaw!

Simon
    Two years later and this game is still blowing my tiny idiot mind. Got caught in heavy rain up near some lagoon, and as it gradually cleared the sun came out. Didn't pay much attention to it as that happens all the time, but then turned around and saw a bloody rainbow sitting just over the lagoon.