User Tag List

Page 1 of 159 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Transfer Rumours Thread

Andy

The Transfer Rumours Thread

I know it's a bit early but I'm bored so I thought I'd get started on this.

It seems almost certain that we will sign Marouane Chamakh on a free from Bordeaux, while Liverpool will sign Milan Jovanovic for free from Standard Liege.

We're also meant to be signing a young centre back from Montenegro, Savic I think his name is.

We need to tie Gallas down to a new deal, get Djourou fit, get rid of Campbell and Silvestre, sign at least one more centre back and possibly a new full back if neither of our current ones improve to sort out our defence. A new goalkeeper, another body in holding midfield and at least one more striker will also be required in order to challenge next year. If Walcott can't get fit we'll also need a speedy winger.

So, who do you think you should sign? Who is likely to sign? What areas need strengthening the most?

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DONT KNOW BECAUSE THE SEASON ISNT OVER YET.

Andy
    COME ON MATE HAVE A GUESS

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we will try and sign the players that we might need for the challenges of next season.

We don't know what those may be; if you're wondering why this is then I think s_o_f summed it up.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy I literally can't tell you what we'll be doing in the summer. Possibly replacing Commons and Hulse if premiership interest surfaces again. Signing a new RB but by end of season Nicky Hunt or Vidal might be on board. 3 players contracts are expiring if they go we might replace them if they dont we probably won't

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jovanovic keeps saying that he doesnt want to go to Liverpool because he doesnt know if he will get first team football.

I dont care who we sign but we simply must sign Pienaar to a contract extension. he is our best player.

Simon
    Beckford to Everton is supposedly signed isn't it?

Andy
    Don't think do.

Liverpool are being linked with that boy Krasic aswell who has impressed in the CL.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Signing a new RB but by end of season Nicky Hunt or Vidal might be on board.
    Nicky Hunt is supposedly going to be joining us along with Paul Green but then those rumors have been around for a while now and nothings happened.

I just hope we sign Altidore permanently in the summer and buy a decent central defender.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Beckford to Everton is supposedly signed isn't it?
    He has agreed to come to us but nothing has been signed as such which is a bit strange.

I reckon he is worth a shot on a free. If he is shit we can sell him to Hull or Wigan for 3M next summer.

Oh we have signed Jan Mucha the Slovakian keeper on a free in the summer too. Moyes loves to sign back up keepers. Its someone to watch in the World Cup anyway.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Don't think do.

Liverpool are being linked with that boy Krasic aswell who has impressed in the CL.
    He has signed a pre-contract hasn't he.

Simon
    United have signed a Belgian youngster called Marnick Vermijl from Liege for £300k, joining in the summer. He's a full back who can play either side apparently. Has yet to play for Liege though, so who knows how good he is. Then again neither Rafael nor Fabio had ever played for Fluminense before they joined United had they?

Ribery has admitted Chelsea want him as well as Madrid and Barca, while Angel Di Maria has pretty much admitted he's going in the summer although he won't say where. Hopefully we'll see both of them in the Premier League next year.

The Cardiff right back Adam Matthews is being linked with United, Villa and, yes, Spurs (because God knows we don't have enough young right backs at the moment, what with Corluka knocking on at 24 and Naughton and Walker knocking on a bit too, not to mention Nathan Byrne and Adam Smith), anyone seen anything of him?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Rumours have been knocking around for a couple of days and the papers have picked it up that Everton are looking at Steven Taylor and Newcastle are looking at Joseph Yobo so a swap deal is on the cards.

Simon
    Spurs have signed Sandro pending work permit issues, that and Chamakh are the only big name signings I can think of that are confirmed.

Andy
    Aguero has been making noises about wanting to go to Chelsea. He has a buy-out clause of 60 million euros apparently.

We've been heavily linked with Gary Cahill and Joe Hart over the last couple of days. Wenger also said he'll be waiting outside the Bernabeau this summer in case Real decide to get rid of any more class players.

Simon
    Wouldn't be a bad move. Love the irony of Madrid being desperate to win the CL, spending £250m on new players, STILL crashing out in the last 16 and then seeing cast-offs Robben and Sneijder guide Bayern and Inter to possible victory.

Andy
    It's genuinely bizzare. The thing I don't understand is that Sneijder and Robben knew they would have huge competition but both said they wanted to stay and fight for their place. Why not let them stay?! Imagine the strength of the squad if they did. Now they have inferior players like Granero, an ageing Guti and with Ronaldo playing where ever he wants, no out and out winger. Very strange.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well we're signing Aguero, Ribery, Di Maria, Dzeko, Hamsik, Higuain and Pato.

Maybe.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's genuinely bizzare. The thing I don't understand is that Sneijder and Robben knew they would have huge competition but both said they wanted to stay and fight for their place. Why not let them stay?! Imagine the strength of the squad if they did. Now they have inferior players like Granero, an ageing Guti and with Ronaldo playing where ever he wants, no out and out winger. Very strange.
    They needed the money.

Simon
    The Guardian ran with a half-page story about Van Der Vaart going to Liverpool in the summer. Gerrard replacement maybe?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aguero has been making noises about wanting to go to Chelsea. He has a buy-out clause of 60 million euros apparently.

We've been heavily linked with Gary Cahill and Joe Hart over the last couple of days. Wenger also said he'll be waiting outside the Bernabeau this summer in case Real decide to get rid of any more class players.
    Doubt Hart will be going anywhere if Given is long term injured.

As stated before though that would be an excellent signing.

If we get promoted I'd like us to sign 10 first team players.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    About time they went for Cahill.

Chris kirkland would be a better signing for them.

I still think they should go for Mark noble too but then i said that at the end of last season. I can now say i know how frustated Arsenal fans must be every transfer window when Wenger can't identify the targets that team obviously needs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    So Gary, who do you reckon will be leaving Hull this Summer?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Bullard and Zayatte are supposedly off to Newcastle.

Wolves will probably come back in for Hunt although personally i think he could do better.

Boateng's contract has expired and it's unlikely he'll be there. Although i'll be sad to see him go i did think he was a bit out of order last night on MotD with his comments about Brown. Mendy has already declared he's off and good riddance.

Sadly i also think Myhill's time is up. He's been great for us and his arrival coincided with our rise up the leagues but the premiership was a step too far. His kicking is abysmal and he made too many mistakes this season. I think he'll probably go cheap to some midtable championship team (Sheff Utd probably)

Mouyokolo and Cairney will probably be sold off cheap to rot in some premiership teams reserves.

Anthony Gardner will probably get snapped up too same he wasn't fit during his time here as when he did play he looked decent. Although it was hardly a suprise he was rarely fit going by his previous injury record.

Hopefully Fagan follows them through the exit door. Let him try his best to get sent off in every game for someone else.

I think Folans off to QPR too.

Kamel Ghilas will probably get snapped up by Blackburn and i still can't figure what possible reason Brown and Dowie had for never playing him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    What about Geovanni? And any news as to whether Altidore will sign permanently for another Premiership team or return to Spain?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I think Geovanni has already signed a pre-contract for AEK Athens. Either that or he's off to discuss a move there.

As for Altidore we were supposedly gonna buy him for £6m and he seemed to want the move here but it probably won't happen now. As for his future not sure what will happen if has a good world cup Villareal might wanna keep him or sell him for a hugher price. Will be sad to see him as i loved him during his time here.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everton has signed Portguese young striker Joao Silva from Aves in the second division for 500k.

He has scored 13 goals this season and has been likened to Pauleta. He also looks like a young Fred West.

Sounds a cracker.

Simon
    So if he's like Pauleta does that mean he'll score ten goals in the early rounds of the cup competitions against amateur sides then fall off the radar any time you play someone half-decent?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if he's like Pauleta does that mean he'll score ten goals in the early rounds of the cup competitions against amateur sides then fall off the radar any time you play someone half-decent?
    Probably. Portuguese strikers are shit. Im getting Helder Postiga vibes about this. At least he was cheaper.

Also being linked With Charlie Adam of Blackpool. Looks like a star studded set of summer transfers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Our clear-out has begun Mendy to Blackburn is apparently a done deal as is Marney to Burnley and Geovanni is on his way to Trabzonspor.

St Etienne have started the bidding for Zayatte.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DCFC_KEV told us last week we have made a bid to sign Gareth Roberts from Donny on a free. Looks like it's happening as well. 100% strike rate

Simon
    I know from a good source that Donny have 4.5m to spend this summer and are going all out to sign the players they have on loan, Jason Shackell and Billy Sharp are the main ones IIRC. You want me to speak to him and find out if he knows anything about the Gareth Roberts sof?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May as well.

I really hope we get hooper. Not happening though more than likely

Simon
    "We've offered him a contract but he's been offered one at Derby as well. He's deciding whilst he's on holiday."

Earth shattering news I'm sure you'll agree. You can be sure it's gospel though as he is the son of one of the directors.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SIDWELL: Wants to go to a London club

By Neil Ashton, 08/05/2010

STEVEN SIDWELL is on the verge of a cut-price move to Fulham after being told he can quit Aston Villa.

The midfielder has become increasingly disillusioned with life at Villa Park and will return to London in the summer.

Villa chief Martin O'Neill has made it clear he doesn't fancy a player he signed from Chelsea two years ago.

Although Sidwell's salary will cause Fulham a problem, they are hoping to sign him on a reduced deal from Villa.

Striker Andrew Johnson is Fulham's best paid player on £50,000 a week, but the club are reluctant to put others on a similar pay scale.

Sidwell has been commuting to Villa's training ground this season from his home in south London and wants a club in the capital.

Although West Ham is an alternative option, Hodgson has a knack of resurrecting careers.

Sidwell's has been at a standstill ever since he signed for Villa and he is desperate to get away after a frustrating spell in the Midlands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those smilies are harsh really, he's always tried his best for us. Just not very good. Also suffered a bit, as a few of our players have, from being put in a system that doesn't really suit his game.

Simon
    I wouldn't get too excited, if you lose Sidwell you know O'Neill will probably buy Jenas.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't get too excited, if you lose Sidwell you know O'Neill will probably buy Jenas.
    Probably for twice the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so desperate for us to nab Scott Parker. £12m should do the trick.

Spurs will no doubt beat us to that one though.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wouldn't pay his wages and he's not the kind of player we need anyway.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

That's a list of Bosmans from England, Italy and Spain I just read. All good and well but these players will be able to demand big wages which rules Newcastle out. Apart from Marlon Harewood.

Ben Foster to Birmingham and Jerome Boateng to City are on BBC sport too. I thought Boateng was outshone by Hamburg's left back Aogo when they played Fulham.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gudjohnsen isn't on a Bosman. He's still got 12 months on his Monaco contract.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's indicating his contract with Spurs ends this season. Same with Benjani and Sunderland

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    There are some inaccuracies. I think Craddock has signed a new contract with Wolves for example.

Andy
    That Ignacio Camacho from Atletico has always been highly rated. I'd be suprised if he didn't sign a new contract or go to a big club.

Simon
    I spent a couple of minutes trying to find out who Inga was from Barca

Simon
    Incidentally, how the hell is Ricardo Vaz Te still at Bolton? He must have been there without playing for about three years!?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a couple of minutes trying to find out who Inga was from Barca
    lovely.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Sunderland have signed Paraguay midfielder Christian Riveros from Cruz Azul. Is he any good on FM?

Transfer season has well and truly begun.

Andy
    Yaya Toure is almost certain to be leaving Barca in the summer. We should go all out to get him. Buffon linked too.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you'll only offer him a 1 year contract though due to his age hohohoho

Alf
    Who is Inga?

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alf Haaland?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Stig Inga Bjornebye

Simon
    There is a rumour going around that Villa have signed David Villa for 40m Euros and are waiting until after the last game of the season to confirm it. City in for Ibrahimovic then? Also rumoured that Barca will officially move for Fabregas very soon, offering Toure as part of the deal.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like bollocks to me mate.

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Villa signing Villa? fuck you

Football, bloody hell!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the worst rumour ever

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon
    Sorry that was a typo, I meant that Barca had signed Villa

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear Simon. Dear oh dear.

Andy
    Yeah, lots of these Fabregas rumours flying about now. Hope not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All based on the interview from the other day. The Sun being The Sun, left out the part where he says he is happy at Arsenal, and isn't in any hurry to leave.

If he goes, he goes. I ignore all outgoing speculation now. For 5 years Vieria was off every summer. Then the one summer that there wasn't that much speculation, he leaves. Don't get me wrong, losing him would be huge, but we'd survive.

Nasri inside, Boo Boo on the wing. HHHHHAAAAAPPPPPPPPYYYY DAAAAAAAYS!!

Oh and Henry has apparently signed a pre contract with New York Red Bulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Spanish press seem to believe Villa to Barca is set in stone.

There are also rumours, that excited Torn far more than were necessary, that City are lining up a bid for Angel Di Maria. That said, he might want to gear himself up for disappointment...

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He better come to the Premiership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts View Post
    All based on the interview from the other day. The Sun being The Sun, left out the part where he says he is happy at Arsenal, and isn't in any hurry to leave.

If he goes, he goes. I ignore all outgoing speculation now. For 5 years Vieria was off every summer. Then the one summer that there wasn't that much speculation, he leaves. Don't get me wrong, losing him would be huge, but we'd survive.

Nasri inside, Boo Boo on the wing. HHHHHAAAAAPPPPPPPPYYYY DAAAAAAAYS!!

Oh and Henry has apparently signed a pre contract with New York Red Bulls.
    Yeah I read the Fabregas interview, he said pretty clearly he would play for Barca some day, they are the only club he would leave Arsenal for, but he was in no hurry. He also said he doesn't think Barca want or need him right now, and that he had spoken to no presidential candidates nor did he feel they were using him for political gain. It's all a load of boring bollocks. Even when Fabregas comes out and says all this, papers still print the rumours. Very boring stuff listening to this every summer.

Simon
    I'd love it if he skanked them by leaving on a Bosman. He wouldn't get in their side at the moment anyway, although it would be good seeing him in the side ahead of Keita or Toure just to see Barca get 95% possession stats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he sign a 14 year contract or something like that a while back? He'll probably stay as long as Arsene does.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hughton's trying to get Jack Wilshere on loan APPAZ. So Fabregas better stick around so Wilshere is allowed out for the season. Got to be a better option than Alan Smith.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind...we'd get another 4 years out of him.

Edit: Fabregas that is. Runs out 2014.

Simon
    To be honest I dunno if he is irreplaceable anyway, Ramsey is a more than capable replacement, they won't get someone better but if they spend the money they get for him well they could be a better team for it.

Andy
    Of course Fabregas would get in the current Barca side.

Ramsey looks a very exciting player, probably the closest I've seen to Fabregas, but he's nowhere near ready to step up. It's actually been a massive disappointment that Nasri has been shit in the middle. Incidentally, why on earth is Diaby in the France squad with Nasri not even in the provisional? Madness.

Simon
    So would he "of course" get in the side ahead of Xavi or Iniesta?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    As well as.

Simon
    So Barca would abandon the setup that has served them so well with an anchor (Keita/Toure/Busquets) sitting behind two creators? Seems unlikely. When they do sign him it will most likely be when Xavi is on his last legs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Iniesta could play further up, like he has on many occasions.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    If Fabregas does go to Barcelona this summer of course he's going to get in the team. I doubt Barcelona are going to spend whatever fee (at least £30m i would guess) it takes to get him to never play him.

I doubt he goes anyway like has been mentioned this rumor never goes away and he did say he was in no rush to leave Arsenal.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    Iniesta could play further up, like he has on many occasions.
    Yep.

Simon
    Yeah I imagine the plan is to alter the tactics that have served them so well. Iniesta very rarely plays there. Fabregas won't be bought until they need him, and right now they don't need him.

Andy
    I agree, but if they bought him he would get in their side. Iniesta has been out for large parts of this season but he often played there last season. The talk was that if Guardiola had gotten rid of Eto'o as he'd wanted to in his first season, Henry would've played through the middle with Iniesta and Messi on the flanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Barca have signed Villa as appears to be the talk, there's no way they have the money to sign Fabregas as well. They're in mountains of debt and they spent piles of money on Chyrgynskiy and Ibrahimovic, two signings which didn't exactly work out very well.

Simon
    I agree, but if they bought him he would get in their side. Iniesta has been out for large parts of this season but he often played there last season. The talk was that if Guardiola had gotten rid of Eto'o as he'd wanted to in his first season, Henry would've played through the middle with Iniesta and Messi on the flanks.
    In fairness to your POV they might try and squeeze him into the side if they bought him, if only to justify the huge expense. Whichever president shells out for him will demand he plays as well. But you are as mad as a box of monkeys if you think he would displace either Iniesta or Xavi. They may try to squeeze the three into the same side, but he certainly wouldn't play at the expense of either of them either being out of the side or moved to a different position. Pedro is better in the forward position than Iniesta is, and Iniesta is better in the midfield position than Fabregas.

Simon
    I can't wait to see Villa playing for Barcelona. There doesn't seem to be any logical way that he won't score 80 goals next season. Injury maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injury free, he'd get about the same amount that Etoo did in a motivated season.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rovers linked this morning with Guti and Raul.

The Guti rumour has been around for a few months and would appear to have a bit more substance than the Raul talk. Hopefully Salgado can have a word and get them to Ewood.

Andy
    I'd love that. Get Bobby Carlos in too.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guti has been linked to an English move for years now. That cold happen.

Raul though? Why?

Simon
    Imagine spending twenty years at Real and then moving to Blackburn haha.

Andy
    He'd be better off going to Blackburn than some shit American team. Still can believe Henry is going to America either, he's got at least 2 years at a top level in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd be better off going to Blackburn than some shit American team. Still can believe Henry is going to America either, he's got at least 2 years at a top level in him.
    The MLS is the new SPL, clearly.

Simon
    Henry has always said he wanted to move to America. It's the same as the Beckham move, it's about more than just football. Henry has already achieved everything there is to achieve in the game, fair play to him if he wants to do something to improve AND get paid shitloads of money for an easy life.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine spending twenty years at Real and then moving to Blackburn haha.
    It seems daft on paper but Salgado commented on it during the week...

....Meanwhile, Michel Salgado insists he would recommend Blackburn to any other Spanish player thinking of moving to England.

The veteran full-back moved to Rovers after a decade with Real Madrid and although he only started just under half his club's Barclays Premier League games in the 2009-10 season, he would not hesitate to encourage fellow Spaniards from following in his footsteps.

He told www.rovers.co.uk: "I can advise players from Spain to come here and to enjoy a different league with a good style of life, a good private life for players, much different from Spain.

"You can work easily here at the training ground with no distractions, it is a professional environment.

"Maybe we can sign a player for the next season, I don't know."

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an interview for the club website, he's hardly going to be disparaging about it.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but that is our selling point - a club to come and play football, in a professional environment with no undue pressure.

You only have to look at the number of players who have come into our club with baggage or having lost their way, concentrated on just playing football and then moving on for big bucks - Bentley, Warnock, Santa Cruz, Bellamy.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big difference between the likes of those you listed and Raul.

Simon
    Worth remembering that Raul is finished at Madrid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read Salgado's quotes without thinking about the fact it's on a Blackburn website, he seems to be talking generally about the league rather than Blackburn themselves.

"I can advise players from Spain to come here and to enjoy a different league with a good style of life, a good private life for players, much different from Spain."

This, like.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Simon