Thread: The Transfer Rumours Thread

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should ask for £50m + Xavi and Guardiola

We will get £8m + Hleb.

I don't think he'll go. I reckon he'll sign a new contract at Arsenal in the next 2 weeks

Andy
    Don't go.

I still can't see him going this summer, these rumours are depressing though.

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in the Guardian too.

Fabregas wants to leave

Simon
    YIPPEE! (if true)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30m is being said. Surely he's worth more than that.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would be worth 60-65 going by the Ronaldo price and the touted Ribery price.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where the fuck are Barcelona getting the 100 odd million squid they'd need to sign both Fabregas and Villa? The way Barca and Real shell out endless amounts of cash is basically cheating, no other clubs can compete with it because actual laws apply to them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes you wonder if City are gonna come in with stupid money. They might as well.

Andy
    Oh my goodness I'm going to cry. I might kill if we only get £30m out of it.

Andy
    If it's true.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    He would be worth 60-65 going by the Ronaldo price and the touted Ribery price.
    £40-45m tops. Ronaldo was the best player in the world, a marquee signing and a genuine, regular matchwinner. Fabregas is a very good team player, one of the best midfielders in the world but not in the same bracket as Ronaldo by any means, nor Kaka despite him flopping this season.

Andy
    Fabregas is in the top 10, if not top 5 in the world based on the last couple of seasons. If Joleon Lescott is worth £25m, Fabregas is worth at least £50m.

Simon
    Players who are better than Fabregas, off the top of my head.

Leo Messi
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Didier Drogba
    David Villa
    Fernando Torres
    Samuel Eto'o
    Andres Iniesta
    Xavi
    Wayne Rooney
    Frank Lampard
    Wesley Sneijder

That's only including midfielders and strikers as well, as they are likely to be more valuable than goalkeepers and defenders.

Fabregas is a great player and is worth a huge amount of money, but he is simply not one of the top ten footballers in the world, let alone one of the top five. He just about makes into the top five Spanish midfielders, for God's sake.

Also, I wish people would stop using the Lescott example as proof of players' value. It is universally accepted that it was an idiotic price for an average player, pretending this isn't the case to inflate the hypothetical value of another player will fool no one. A more relevant fee would be the £15m Inter paid for Sneijder, or perhaps the £27m Madrid paid for him in 2007.
    Last edited by Simon; May 18th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its debatable if is he is in the top five players in the Premier League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabregas is a great player. He's 23, his type of player matures later too. Not like Ronaldo or Rooney, whose influence will probably wane as their physical peak passes them by. Fabregas is one of the top players in the Premier League, easily. Trying to rank them objectively or compare midfielders to strikers is difficult but he's certainly on the level of Lampard and Rooney. Better footballer than either without question.

He's as good or better than Sneijder, will be as good as Xavi and Iniesta. Let's not be silly here, he's an absolutely fantastic footballer who Arsenal have tied down for a long time, has his best years ahead of him and has been improving season after season. He's worth a shitload of money.
    Last edited by El Capitano Gatisto; May 18th, 2010 at 2:29 PM.

Simon
    Can't see him being as good as Xavi or Iniesta. Possible I guess but those two are unbelievable.

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Its debatable if is he is in the top five players in the Premier League.
    I don't think it's debatable at all really, he's right up there with the best and only just behind Drogba and Rooney on performances this season imo.

£50m wouldn't be outlandish at all, he's a virtually ready made replacement for what would otherwise be an exceptionally difficult position to fill, capable of playing for another decade with no real worries about settling in. Barca would be laughing their tits off if they got him for £30m.

Andy
    You're clutching at straws if you think Sneijder and Eto'o are currently better players than Fabregas. He is only outside of the top 5 in Spain because of the set up. He is better than Silva and Alonso but Spain are actually sensible in the way they set up their team. The only midfielders in the world that are better than him are Xavi and Iniesta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can't see him being as good as Xavi or Iniesta. Possible I guess but those two are unbelievable.
    Of course he can. You probably hadn't even heard of Xavi when he was 23. If you had, you'd know he certainly wasn't the player he is now. Fabregas is Xavi's living heir, except athletically he's probably a bit bigger and quicker, and more of a goal threat if this season is anything to go by (15 league goals in 27 games for fuck's sake).

What's more, if Fabregas leaves it has an enormous impact on Arsenal's squad as a whole. The players there will be wondering about the clubs future. The players they want to sign will wonder why they should bother. Only a fucking monstrous fee could offset the loss Fabregas leaving this summer would be. Arsenal know it's going to happen some day but I would guess they were thinking he'd give it another couple of seasons to see what he could win with them first.

Simon
    He is the third best midfielder in the world and in the top five footballers in the world. OK.

Andy
    I know this is all speculation at present but how on earth can we even be considering letting him go for £30m, whether we get Toure or not? Obscene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the third best midfielder in the world and in the top five footballers in the world. OK.
    He is easily one of the world's top midfielders already and he's (considerably) younger than all of the other candidates for that tag.

Iniesta had a shite season this year, by the way, injuries or not, and will be lucky if he starts for Spain this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fabregas' role for Spain may be pushing him to move, he would probably move up in stature for the national team if he played in La Liga.

Andy
    Guys I don't know what to believe or who to turn to.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray Parlour, mate.

Andy
    I bloody loved Ray.

Change of formation next season perhaps? 2 holding midfielders, Chamakh up top and Arshavin, Nasri and RVP supporting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only actual quotes from anyone are Fabregas' interview from last week and Laporta's reaction to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't believe it just yet. The noises i've heard (for what they're worth) is that Fabregas will sign a new contract at Arsenal in the next week or two.

Simon, don't be an utter pleb. The players you named on the past page are silly. Fabregas is 23. He has 10 years, at least left in him. He has a contract for four of those. Plus Laporta will pay silly money as the only reason he wants Villa and Fabregas is to spite the new president coming in. Thats why he is worth so much.

Simon
    The issue about his cost and the comparison to those players were different discussions, only partly related. He will not cost £50m and he is not one of the best 10 players in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So potential isn't factored into a transfer fee, no?

Simon
    WTF I just said they were two discussions. My opinions were:

1) Fabregas is not worth, and will not cost, £50m.
    2) Fabregas is not one of the best ten players in the world.

Of course potential is factored into transfer fees. So are a lot of other things which have led to genuine superstars like Ronaldo, Kaka and Zidane costing so much. Fabregas is not on their level, and will not cost anywhere near as much. I'm not sure why you're taking this as a criticism, I'm happy to believe he could go for as much as £40-45m, which would be the fourth highest transfer fee of all time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason he wont go for £50m is because Wenger has (imo a shit) policy of not standing in a players way.

If Villa is going for £39m, then Fabregas should go for more than that based on age, time on contract, and the selling clubs financial situation (Valencia are in no position to play hardball; 21m euros of the fee will go straight to one individual businessman one who they owe).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    What the fuck is the Barca team going to be if they did get Fabregas and Villa? Mental. I'm guessing Zlatan would have to go and Iniesta would have to really work to get his place back from Pedro with the way things were last season. Once he's fit though... somebody would be missing out.

Andy
    Barca could potentially have by far the best team in the world, in addition to a bench of Ibrahimovic, Pedro, Bojan, Milito, Keita, Abidal. Fucking hell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be fair i don't like arsenal, i don't arsenal fans, i don't like fabregas, and i hope he goes. but he's worth more than 30m. to try and say otherwise is just a lie really.

you can see Barca's reasoning in not wanting to pay more. they developed the player for 7 years. arsenal developed him for 7 years. the player wants to go and has told Wenger he wants to go. so you can see why they are refusing to pay 50.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long is left to run on his contract? Would Wenger turn down 30m? Because surely he should.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I wish people would stop using the Lescott example as proof of players' value. It is universally accepted that it was an idiotic price for an average player, pretending this isn't the case to inflate the hypothetical value of another player will fool no one. A more relevant fee would be the £15m Inter paid for Sneijder, or perhaps the £27m Madrid paid for him in 2007.
    The 15m Inter paid is in no way relevent. He was being shoved out the fucking door after massive signings aplenty for Real. Fabregas is Captain and has 4 more years left on his contract there's no pressure to move him out.

27m Euros in 2007 was to Ajax. He hadn't proven himself at the levels Fabregas had and Ajax had a lot more need to sell than Arsenal had.

Ribery is touted at times to be a 40m player and has done less and has less to offer than Fabregas.

Arsenal would be mad to sell less than 50m.

Simon
    I was making a point that the 15m Inter paid was MORE relevant than the Lescott fee while still being an unusual figure for a player of that class. Neither are indicative of what you would expect their market value to be.

He will go for 45m or less IMO. Who has been quoting 30m, is that the media's proposed fee?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what the media are touting as Barcas upper limit in terms of cash flow. It would be horrendous negotiating from Arsenal

Simon
    Peter Hill-Wood has come out this morning saying they have no intention of selling him, so there's still hope for Arsenal. It wouldn't be a surprise if there was some kind of deal in place like with Ronaldo - stay with us for another year and we won't stand in your way after that. Then again maybe that deal has been in place since last year

I bet Wenger wrings another year out of him and sells him just as he starts going downhill. Dunno why he would start going downhill at 24 but it worked with Henry and Vieira

Simon
    That's what the media are touting as Barcas upper limit in terms of cash flow. It would be horrendous negotiating from Arsenal
    You never know, Barca might have some right to buy him back from when they let him go. Didn't they do something similar with Pique? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

Both parties are in pretty strong positions here so it will be interesting to see what happens, it will all hinge on how badly Fabregas wants to get out. Arsenal have no need to sell and have him tied down to a long contract, but Barcelona have the draw of being 'his' club and being the best team in the world.

I'd expect to see a domino effect of major transfers if Fabs and Villa do both go to Barca, as they can't afford both and would need to offload some top players. Ibrahimovic and Toure would be the most obvious two. Ibra to City maybe?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter Hill-Wood has come out this morning saying they have no intention of selling him, so there's still hope for Arsenal.
    Fucking hell, that seals it then.

Has there ever been a huge transfer that wasn't preceded by the selling club's chairman/manager saying 'OVER MY DEAD BODY'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I wouldn't sell them a virus" springs to mind.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Villa done - €40m according to SSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's true then fucking hell. Barcelona will be even better to watch next season. I don't think Villa is rated by the general public and media here as highly as he should be. I think he's a better player than Torres, people often make the mistake of assuming Torres is more important to Spain for example. Playing for Barcelona now may see him recognised as possibly the world's best striker right now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yep, it's on the official site now.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/engli...519111099.html

Wow.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Valencia buy Adebayor of us now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With what?

Andy
    We've had no approach apparently, official or unofficial.

Simon
    SOF, these two better be fucking quality if they are going to justify you purchasing a pair of such utterly despicable looking cunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    With what?
    My wishful thinking.

How bad are they in debt?

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSN: Citeh have bid £20m for James Milner.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly thought they were gonna go in with a bid closer to around £27m. So £20m doesnt sound so bad knowing it's City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have went for Milner last season instead of Barry, can't see Villa agreeing to sell for £20M, Maybe £25M.

Can't see him wanting to leave really, if he comes to us I will be surprised. Lets see if he's loyal or if money talks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
    Hopefully Valencia buy Adebayor of us now.
    Haha, they haven't got a pot to piss in. Half of that money has already been claimed by one guy who lent Valencia money. The whole 40mil will just be swallowed up with debt, although their situation is getting slightly better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milner bid rejected.

Simon
    Villa will accept eventually as City's bids rise. I just hope Milner isn't interested.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I can't see him going for it unless the higher ups at Villa push him out.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOF, these two better be fucking quality if they are going to justify you purchasing a pair of such utterly despicable looking cunts

They look like they should be in your circle of friends mate.

Bailey is a dirty ginger. I'm sick of the sight of them

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from my perspective as a fan of a selling club but Milner has a had a great season, possibly the best season he may have in his career. I would sell now while he's at the top of his value.

Get Citeh to give them £25m plus Stephen Ireland and Villa should bite their hand off.

Just another thought, a club like Rovers should offer a cheeky couple of million for Michael Johnson. Still potentially a top footballer there.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Johnson still has masses of potential

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he sorts his problems out Johnson can be a top top player. He showed it a couple of season ago.

And yeah I agree with da_man. Get £25m and Ireland/Richards/Wright-Phillips and Villa should be laughing.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it, get Onouha and I'd take the £25m too.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Neill likes a big man - take Roque Santa Cruz off their hands too.

The Rosk
    At this moment I would take £25 million, SWP and Ireland and Richards for James Milner. That is the least we should expect considering he is the best young player in the country(official).

I am worried that we could do an Ashley Young here. By all accounts we turned down a £28million bid for him last year. What if he goes poo?

HE WON'T BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ashley Young got a bid of £28mil? Maybe on Championship Manager.

The Rosk
    Us spending £12million on Downing means Young is worth £70million.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I can't see him going for it unless the higher ups at Villa push him out.
    Exactly, I can't see him wanting to leave anytime soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Johnson still has masses of potential
    Just a pity that he has a massive drink problem.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gambling too I think.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appaz Milner has said he will leave it in the hands of the club and won't be agitating for a move.

No idea whether there's any truth in that but it's consistent with his behaviour so far in his career.

Obviously, we could rape City for about 3 times what he's actually worth. Unfortunately I wouldn't trust MON to reinvest the money wisely, and clubs will try and take the piss out of us if they know we've got a ton of cash sitting in the bank. So a ridiculous player swap deal is the only way I'd like to see him leave. And I love him, and he'll only improve, so it'd have to be a RIDICULOUS player swap. Bellamy + Onuoha + Ireland + £10m for instance.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would most Villa fans not trust O'Neil to reinvest?

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't have thought so. Certainly not the ones I speak to.

Let's say we got £35m. We wouldn't be able to go out and buy a genuinely world class striker because we can't offer CL and wouldn't want to smash our wage structure. We wouldn't go out and buy a couple of technically gifted, potential superstars in the 8-12m bracket from abroad because O'Neill is afraid of crossing any stretch of water bar the Irish sea. So we'd probably get someone like Zamora, at a massively inflated price, who'd be good for us but not do anything to kick us on. And another limited midfielder like Sidders and Reo Coker. Why bother?

Simon
    If Milner goes, I would fully expect you to come in for Jenas.

The Rosk
    Jesus Christ. I want to vomit right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AT VILLA LOSING THEIR BEST MIDFIELDER. GUTTED.

The Rosk
    What have you read Steve please mate we are mates and I don't want us to stop being mates but if you have read something about Milner going I want you to tell me please mate I hope Cesc stays mate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VILLA LETTING THEIR BEST YOUNG TALENT GO SMALL CLUB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happarently Villa said they want £30m. Probably get £25m.

He will go.

A shame, as I like him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend in the middle east who sent me this. Probably not genuine.

The Rosk
    If Milner goes to Man City I think a little part of my heart would break. I mean that. It would complete the hat-trick of footballers to break my heart. First Yorkie. Then Garry Barry (although not as badly). And then Jimmy. But to a dirty club that wouldn't deserve a player of his ethics and beauty. It would kill me lads. I don't think I could take it.

I would, if I had a choice, love him to go to United and become the player I know he can be, if we don't push on from here. I actually do love him that much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a selling club that can't hang onto their best talent. You buy them young, they get good, and then want to leave. Come and support Arsenal, your local team.

The Rosk
    Anelka, Vieira, Henry, Fabregas. Probably RVP next.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts View Post
    You're a selling club that can't hang onto their best talent. You buy them young, they get good, and then want to leave. Come and support Arsenal, your local team.
    Isnt that what your club is doing?

Unless you are being facetious on purpose, in which case ignore me

The Rosk
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh3041DHWZc"]YouTube- James Milner Goal (LEEDS vs CHELSEA)[/ame]

Eight years ago ffs. I LOVE HIM!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't City buy Gerrard from us instead.

The Rosk
    hAHA i WOULD LOVE THAT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Anelka, Vieira, Henry, Fabregas. Probably RVP next.
    GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEONTHATBAITYOUCUNTRARRRGH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    If Milner goes to Man City I think a little part of my heart would break. I mean that. It would complete the hat-trick of footballers to break my heart. First Yorkie. Then Garry Barry (although not as badly). And then Jimmy. But to a dirty club that wouldn't deserve a player of his ethics and beauty. It would kill me lads. I don't think I could take it.

I would, if I had a choice, love him to go to United and become the player I know he can be, if we don't push on from here. I actually do love him that much.
    How are we a dirty club who don't deserve someone like Milner? I mean honestly why all the hate for City lately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Why can't City buy Gerrard from us instead.
    Gerrard behind Tevez with Milner and De Jong/Barry in the middle, Johnson on the left/right and some other class winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Pablo_Angel View Post
    Appaz Milner has said he will leave it in the hands of the club and won't be agitating for a move.

No idea whether there's any truth in that but it's consistent with his behaviour so far in his career.

Obviously, we could rape City for about 3 times what he's actually worth. Unfortunately I wouldn't trust MON to reinvest the money wisely, and clubs will try and take the piss out of us if they know we've got a ton of cash sitting in the bank. So a ridiculous player swap deal is the only way I'd like to see him leave. And I love him, and he'll only improve, so it'd have to be a RIDICULOUS player swap. Bellamy + Onuoha + Ireland + £10m for instance.
    I don't think we will offer more then 25M, so money + swap is looking the likely outcome.

I can see Ireland, Onuoha or Santa Cruz being involved.
    Last edited by Bluemoon; May 20th, 2010 at 5:56 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money + Cash = $$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I meant swap.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Newcastle have been linked to Jermaine Jenas by the Sun for £5mil today.

I can't see any signings anytime soon after Ashley said 'There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.' last week. Probably a blessing when we're linked to Jenas.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larson and Senderos I would reckon

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The squad has quality in it so I think we can survive without doing too much business. The midfield is good and players like Guthrie have come along a lot in the last year.

Enrique is a Prem left back, he really is class. Colo looked good in the Championship, hopefully he can impress in the Premier League this time around. Taylor's situation is interesting because I think Hughton is a big fan of Carroll and I imagine Ashley is already picturing selling him next season, I hope Taylor sticks around though.

The only place I think we will struggle is up front, I can't see where the goals are going to come from. Ameobi is pants and Carroll probably won't score with as much freedom, nor Lovenkrands.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
    How are we a dirty club who don't deserve someone like Milner? I mean honestly why all the hate for City lately?
    Just nothing but money. Team full of mercenaries etc. Milner is a young hope, a bright light in a world of swindling cunts.

Alf
    I just don't see how Milner stacks up with City's BIGGEST TEAM IN THE WORLD NEXT YEAR LADS ambitions.

Perhaps they are grabbing English players due to those rules coming in.