User Tag List

Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 148154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,800 of 15802

Thread: The Transfer Rumours Thread

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Chelsea agree a fee with Arsneal for the Ox. I've read £35M. Not bad for Arsenal if so.
    Strikes me as the sort of player who could be brilliant under the right manager.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if he's instead of drinkwater

Andy
    Ox has all the tools to be class. Before yesterday I was gutted at the prospect of him going but he made it quite clear he couldn't care less. Fuck him.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    He's bang average and won't be anything other than a squad player at Chelsea. I don't blame him for wanting to go, even if he's basically done the square root of fuck all since he signed. I remember when everyone was calling Nasri a snake back in 2011 for wanting to leave because he said Arsenal were ambitionless, he was completely right. As was RVP a season later. The club is going to be in such a fucking mess by the time Wenger leaves.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Wonder if arsenal will go back in for j Evans. Looks like he will be moving one way or another with Leicester now in
    I thought City were the ones after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ox has all the tools to be class. Before yesterday I was gutted at the prospect of him going but he made it quite clear he couldn't care less. Fuck him.
    I always felt the same with him. Under the right guidance, he'd probably look like a decent player. I can see him being chosen over Moses at right wing back at Chelsea.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's no better a player at 24 than he was at 18. If anything he's worse.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    I thought City were the ones after him.

I always felt the same with him. Under the right guidance, he'd probably look like a decent player. I can see him being chosen over Moses at right wing back at Chelsea.
    City were in but now Leicester are back in as well. Leicester had a bid turned down start of summer

Simon
    Why are Leicester signing Townsend for 27m? Mahrez must be off surely.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool have signed Naby Keita. Player doesn't join until next season, but he's supposed to be a quality player. Box to box like Kante but with more of an attacking flair.
    I'd guess this is some of the Coutinho money they're spending, which based on yesterday you'd assume they will be fine without. Two bids for Thomas Lemar were put in today as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of Keita before we were linked with him and same with this Lemar lad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Never heard of Keita before we were linked with him and same with this Lemar lad.
    I dont have much to go off but I watched him against Rangers in a friendly with RBL at the start of the year and he absolutely ran the show when he came on and looked class. However, it was a friendly and it was against Rangers.
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    Wimmer's gone to Stoke for £15m plus add-ons, so we're potentially around £60m in credit this window. And that's the real quiz.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sone ALuko free last year 7.5m this. Mad.

Good player. Not sure he's what Reading are missing but what do I know

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Wimmer's gone to Stoke for £15m plus add-ons, so we're potentially around £60m in credit this window. And that's the real quiz.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Chelsea agree a fee with Arsneal for the Ox. I've read £35M. Not bad for Arsenal if so.
    Ox didn't like it. Refuses transfer and wants to go to Liverpool.

What a mad situation.

Simon
    Ox seems to have that Walcott sense of entitlement, demanding to be allowed to play a position in which he has never particularly stood out. It's a shame because he looks a potentially very good wing back, he has all the qualities needed for it.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be played exclusively in defensive mid. He could run the thing from there but needs to be more disciplined. He had a game there last year against Bayern and one about 3 years ago against Milan where he was brilliant but he seems to do that job for 30 minutes then get bored and plough forward. If he added that disciplined he'd be fantastic there

Simon
    Don't think he's clever enough for a proper defensive mid job. He's a decent attacking mid so I get why he thinks that's his real position, but he's not good enough there to start regularly at any of the top clubs when the competition is so strong in that area.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If arsenal set up the way they should (to control games) he could play there I think. His physical attributes are superb and I think under Klopp he could play on here but the players Liverpool have in that position are all technically better than him.

Ideally he'd go to a top half team and be the man there.

Simon
    He wouldn't get in at Liverpool anywhere in midfield, this time last year you might have argued he could get in alongside Henderson in the deeper roles but Can is starting to show the quality that people have always said he had, and now Milner is available there again because Liverpool have a couple of left backs.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Can's contract up this summer as well?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep appaz he's off to Juve

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously Keita is coming in though but I think Liverpool could do with something else in midfield especially as they've already lost Lucas.

For me the biggest need they have a is a mobile centre forward to lead the line. Would allow Firminho to drop back if needed as well. Would be surprised if Ings didnt go somewhere in next 48 hours

Simon
    By which time Naby Keita will be in

Is Naby Keita the most highly-rated player that hardly anyone has ever seen? There seems to be a general acceptance that he's one of the best players in Europe but I'm not buying that all these Twitter pundits have been watching Leipzig, Salzburg or *checks Wikipedia* Istres matches every week over the past couple of years.

Simon
    Looks like we are signing Aurier. I hope there is at least some sort of acknowledgement of his past, given that there has been so much arguing over whether or not we should be signing him. Personally I would prefer we didn't, I don't want us to be another Chelsea or Liverpool, hero-worshiping an absolute cunt just because he's good on the pitch.

Simon
    Swansea apparently about to sign Renato Sanches on loan

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a high profile name that hasn't lived up to the hype. Couldn't even make the Portugal squad.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 20!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he's joining Swansea. Doesn't sound like the player he was hyped up to be. He rarely got games at Bayern.

EDIT
    The loan has an option to buy for £27m at the end.
    Last edited by RuneEdge; August 30th, 2017 at 12:29 PM.

Simon
    I do wonder if maybe he's one of those like Rooney who is fantastic for his age as a kid because he's already built like a man, but doesn't really have much capability for improvement. There's always an assumption that a talented kid will continue to improve, but it's not always the case.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked like a quality player during Euro 2016 (the only time I've personally watched him). He reminded me of a young Essien. That's the summer that got him the move to Bayern.
    I haven't watched him since but Bayern fans say he's been average and rarely got games. There's been rumours of him leaving for a little while now. But what started as links to teams like Chelsea and Milan, then went to Arsenal, Liverpool, and now Swansea. The impression I get is that if a top team wanted him, they would've got him.

Andy
    Arsenal seem to have briefed the media (Ornstein) today that there is no money available for signings, despite being in huge profit this window. And despite briefing the media (ornstein) in July that there was around £150m to be spent. What the hell is going on at that football club.

Simon
    He looked like a quality player during Euro 2016 (the only time I've personally watched him). He reminded me of a young Essien. That's the summer that got him the move to Bayern.
    I haven't watched him since but Bayern fans say he's been average and rarely got games. There's been rumours of him leaving for a little while now. But what started as links to teams like Chelsea and Milan, then went to Arsenal, Liverpool, and now Swansea. The impression I get is that if a top team wanted him, they would've got him.
    Never struck me as an Essien type, he was more of a bustling attacking force. More of a Vidal type if I was stretching for a comparison.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt he was more defensive minded than attacking. But admit I haven't watched him enough to give an educated opinion.
    Either way, the kid is only 20 so he could potentially turn out to be a steal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Arsenal seem to have briefed the media (Ornstein) today that there is no money available for signings, despite being in huge profit this window. And despite briefing the media (ornstein) in July that there was around £150m to be spent. What the hell is going on at that football club.
    Yep usual bollocks. All that talk of warchests and fucking links to Mbappe (all around the time of season ticket renewals as per usual) and it looks like they're going to end up with pretty much a neutral net spend. And if they continue binning a few more players off tomorrow, they'll probably be ending the window with an even weaker squad than they started the summer with. Such a poorly run club top to bottom.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Gibbs and Ox going, surely they don't let Sanchez go without someone coming in.
    It's either really quiet tomorrow or Arsenal trigger a chain reaction for half a dozen transfers.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlebsfall View Post
    Yep usual bollocks. All that talk of warchests and fucking links to Mbappe (all around the time of season ticket renewals as per usual) and it looks like they're going to end up with pretty much a neutral net spend. And if they continue binning a few more players off tomorrow, they'll probably be ending the window with an even weaker squad than they started the summer with. Such a poorly run club top to bottom.
    It is almost like that is how the billionaire who owns the club wants it to happen…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Isn't Can's contract up this summer as well?
    Hopefully he stays.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if we get VVD and Lamar in today.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be bringing both of those in after what has been going on.

See we are after Draxler and if we get him would sell Sanchez for 70m. Hope the Mustafi rumour isnt true we need him.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also you have agreed a fee for Ox so would be suprised if you got Lemar as well.

Simon
    West Brom have apparently bid £25m for Janssen

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Llorente to Spurs?

Simon
    Suspect all we've done is kick Chelsea up the arse, they've delayed bidding for him all summer but are known to really want him.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspect all we've done is kick Chelsea up the arse, they've delayed bidding for him all summer but are known to really want him.
    Chelsea does that with Levy all the time. He spends days and hours trying to squeeze the best deal then Chelsea just come in and bid 20% higher…

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Arsenal made £140m last season, once Ox is sold we will have made almost £30m net over the transfer window yet we have no money to spend?

What happened to the £150m warchest that was touted at the same time as season ticket renewals.

Fuck Stan Kroenke.

Simon
    This does seem like a bit of a tipping point, if Sanchez goes today without a top replacement then serious questions have to be asked, there's no justification for letting so many players leave without bringing in any replacements of note.

Simon
    Aurier signed.

Ballague reckons we've officially signed Llorente, so bet everything you own, or have even thought about owning, on him ending up somewhere else.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Poch is trying to convince him mid-medical, appaz.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I hate transfer deadline day. It's got the possibility of joy like Christmas but with the unending certainty of disappointment. You might get a present, or just give someone else one, and Santas just laughing to himself while he shits in the fireplace, and it's not even a good shit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadon Sancho's apparently moving to BVB.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal have offered £92m (€100m) to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

We understand Arsenal are yet to respond to Manchester City’s second bid of £55m for Alexis Sanchez.

The Gunners will not let Sanchez leave this summer without the arrival of a replacement.

Monaco don’t want to sell Lemar but we understand they could be tempted by Arsenal’s massive €100m offer.

Lemar is due to play for France this evening in a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, live on Sky Sports.

WHAT'S THAT ARSENAL BITCHES?

Simon
    Wait and see if they actually get him, they wouldn't be the first team (or even the first this window) to pay lip service to the fans by bidding for players they know they can't get.

Mad how quickly the transfer market is changing - already Walker's fee doesn't seem all that mental, and Pogba already seems like a relative bargain

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were robbed for Lukaku.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal have offered £92m (€100m) to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

We understand Arsenal are yet to respond to Manchester City’s second bid of £55m for Alexis Sanchez.

The Gunners will not let Sanchez leave this summer without the arrival of a replacement.

Monaco don’t want to sell Lemar but we understand they could be tempted by Arsenal’s massive €100m offer.

Lemar is due to play for France this evening in a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, live on Sky Sports.

WHAT'S THAT ARSENAL BITCHES?
    Wait and see if they actually get him, they wouldn't be the first team (or even the first this window) to pay lip service to the fans by bidding for players they know they can't get.
    Took barely half an hour for Arsenal to withdraw their bid when Monaco accepted it

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any chance Arsenal won't regret not accepting a bid for Sanchez? When has forcing a player to stay against their will ever worked out well? Take the money and buy someone who wants to play for you…

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadon Sancho's apparently moving to BVB.

Can't believe this move happened. Has to be one of our brightest prospects to ever move abroad at this age. Given Dembele's old number too, which is very interesting.
    City apparently had bids from Chelsea, United and Spurs (to name a few), but they were adamant he doesn't go to another English team. Will enjoy following his development.

Andy
    God what a shambles. No idea if Lemar would be overpriced in this market at 90m but to get 60m in for Sanchez then do that business would seem to make some sort of sense given Sanchez obviously doesn't want to be there. But apparently we have no money. Madness.

Simon

Can't believe this move happened. Has to be one of our brightest prospects to ever move abroad at this age. Given Dembele's old number too, which is very interesting.
    City apparently had bids from Chelsea, United and Spurs (to name a few), but they were adamant he doesn't go to another English team. Will enjoy following his development.
    Gutted we didn't sign him but so excited to see how he does. The number suggests he will be in the first team squad, from what I've heard he is the real deal. Outside bet for the World Cup if Englandget there?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much is the betting the sell Sanchez sign nobody and announce a new ozil contract to try and make up for it

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound very Wenger.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Plus Jack Wiltshire is like a new signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Well there goes another transfer window and somehow Arsenal have managed yet again to come away with a weaker looking squad than when it opened. All with a negative net transfer spend to boot.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well there goes another transfer window and somehow Arsenal have managed yet again to come away with a weaker looking squad than when it opened. All with a negative net transfer spend to boot.
    I have no sympathy.

At least you lot looked like you knew you were allowed to join in.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ross Barkley in a fucking nutshell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Crushing, embarrassment of a defeat by a rival, lack of movement in a transfer window. It's nice to see things have moved on from six years ago.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14606020

Andy
    I think you'll find we signed Park Chu Young and Andre Santos after that game. (And Arteta and Mertesacker to be fair).

At least we actually responded after that game though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny Drinkwater £35m. We was robbed for Lucas.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me that is a forward line PSG have now.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Llorente not happening apparently.
    Wrong as usual.

Simon
    Balague said we were signing him so I was sure we weren't.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Llorente not happening apparently. Seems like we have narrowed ourselves down to Rossi and/or Adebayor. So either we will get a fantastic signing or no signing at all.
    Full quote.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally there's not much talk here during the winter window, but this one is looking like the biggest one yet.
    Van Dijk's moved for big money, Sanchez potentially moving to one of the Manchester clubs, now today apparently Arsenal are going to wrap up a deal for Aubameyang. £60m, and the player wasnt in BVB's squad today.

Simon
    He was left out for disciplinary reasons apparently...so could be him trying to push a move through. That's some step down for a player who has been touting himself for a move to Madrid for the past five years. In fact it's arguably a step down from Dortmund, although I'm sure the money will be better. Great signing for Arsenal if true, but raises huge questions over their transfer policy given they did £50m on Lacazette six months ago and he will be second choice if PEA signs.

Not much in the pipeline for us, most of the talk is on new contracts - looks like we are trying to get Alderweireld, Kane and Eriksen tied down soon.

Also Sanchez would have to be mad to sign for United ahead of City.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally there's not much talk here during the winter window, but this one is looking like the biggest one yet.
    Van Dijk's moved for big money, Sanchez potentially moving to one of the Manchester clubs, now today apparently Arsenal are going to wrap up a deal for Aubameyang. £60m, and the player wasnt in BVB's squad today.
    Aubameyang and Malcolm in, Sanchez and Walcott out. I would take that if it happens. And a defender in.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double post

Simon
    You honestly think you will get Aubameyang AND Malcolm? That will be £100m minimum, seems incredibly unlikely.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MALCOM

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't think getting Aubameyang would be a problem he's only at Dortmund because no-one wanted him in the summer apart from AC Milan and he kept saying he was off to China for massive money.

But even the Chinese clubs weren't prepared to spend that money on him and Milan decided they didn't want him. Not sure how he's done this season but I don't think Dortmund are
    going to be putting up a huge fight to keep him.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    MALCOM
    Is he even any good?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got a high ceiling in terms of potential and he's easily Bordeaux's most creative player but he's far from the finished article and would need plenty of work to be at the standard some Arsenal fans seem to think he is. Long term he could be a leading attacker but that's if he realises that potential and in the short term he's a big step down from Sanchez.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They should give Nketiah a game but they'll sell him for £1.5mil instead.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You honestly think you will get Aubameyang AND Malcolm? That will be £100m minimum, seems incredibly unlikely.
    If we sell Sanchez and Walcott then yes. The situation the club is in, it would not suprise me.

Remember we were in profit from the summer window, plus just got £12m for Coquelin. If we get say £30m for Sanchez and £20m for Walcott that is £60m this window alone.

Simon
    What would you get for Sanchez and Walcott, £40m? Seems far-fetched that you would get both Aubameyang and Malcom.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    He's got a high ceiling in terms of potential and he's easily Bordeaux's most creative player but he's far from the finished article and would need plenty of work to be at the standard some Arsenal fans seem to think he is. Long term he could be a leading attacker but that's if he realises that potential and in the short term he's a big step down from Sanchez.
    Malcom seems to be good enough to take a chance on, that's the main thing. If he was any better right now, he'd also cost more. If we sign Sanchez, the rumour is that Mkhitaryan goes the other way. Having Mkhi and Malcom together would be perfect as it would potentially give you two wingers with the option of playing Mkhi down the middle where Ozil used to be (assuming he leaves as well. Apparently he has a good chance of staying). I don't want to see Mkhi leave personally but its clear his mind isnt in the right place when you see him play. Potentially he's amazing and can see him turning it around at a new team.

As for Aubameyang, I don't really know anything about him other than that he's 28 now and he doesn't play for an elite team like Bayern, Juve, Barca, Madrid, etc. Realistically how long can people continue to throw figures like £70m around when talking about him? He's been at BVB for a while now and even though he's always scored a ton of goals and been linked to everyone under the sun in that time, the move never seems to happen. My feeling is that the rest of the football world doesnt really value him at £70m and BVB have always priced him out of everyone's reach.
    The story about him not making the team yesterday comes from Auba apparently not showing up for a team meeting and consequently being dropped from the squad entirely. Word has then got out that the player himself is trying to force a move away, which could lower his price tag.

Simon
    I wish I could remember what happened the last time Arsenal banged a shitload of money on a striker who had been touted for huge moves for years without ever making it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that like it means something in Auba's case.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you get for Sanchez and Walcott, £40m? Seems far-fetched that you would get both Aubameyang and Malcom.
    I would say £50m plus for both. Both have multiple teams in for them, so we should be able to get the price up a bit.

Why not? If Walcott and Sanchez go, we would only have Lacazette, Giroud (injured) and Welbeck (awful form) to lead the line and Ozil and Iwobi to play in a front 3'

Simon
    You say that like it means something in Auba's case.
    Don't see that there's an enormous difference between him and Lacazette - both very highly rated with excellent scoring records, both talked about in connection to top clubs for ages but never convinced a top club to actually make the transfer happen.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I would say £50m plus for both. Both have multiple teams in for them, so we should be able to get the price up a bit.

Why not? If Walcott and Sanchez go, we would only have Lacazette, Giroud (injured) and Welbeck (awful form) to lead the line and Ozil and Iwobi to play in a front 3'
    I'm not saying you won't need two replacements for them (although Walcott won't exactly be missed in terms of squad depth as he's barely played), I just doubt Arsenal would sign two very expensive players in similar positions having just spent a fortune on Lacazette. Also, I'm sure we've had this conversation, but any manager that signs a new player on a long term contract to cover a short term injury (Giroud is out for two more weeks ffs) should be immediately sacked. Lacazette and Giroud is more than enough cover for one striker spot, especially with Welbeck capable of playing there if needed.

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't sign PEA because he's clearly a good player, but the idea that you need him because of a lack of squad depth just doesn't stand up at all. As for Malcom, well he's very highly rated and he's young so he is a logical signing I guess, I haven't seen him play, but I can't see Arsenal doing £100m in one window personally.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see that there's an enormous difference between him and Lacazette - both very highly rated with excellent scoring records, both talked about in connection to top clubs for ages but never convinced a top club to actually make the transfer happen.
    I get the comparison. I just don't get how it would have any bearing on how well Aubameyang would perform for Arsenal. I agree spending £100m in a winter window sounds crazy for Arsenal, but maybe its not now. Maybe it happens in the summer.

Simon
    It doesn't have any direct bearing, my point is that there is probably a reason why highly rated, prolific players get touted for these huge moves and then never get them,. There's something stopping the top clubs from going for them, and thus far with Lacazette it seems like it may have been a good decision - he hasn't completely flopped or anything, but he doesn't look like a top player. Maybe Aubameyang is the same.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying you won't need two replacements for them (although Walcott won't exactly be missed in terms of squad depth as he's barely played), I just doubt Arsenal would sign two very expensive players in similar positions having just spent a fortune on Lacazette. Also, I'm sure we've had this conversation, but any manager that signs a new player on a long term contract to cover a short term injury (Giroud is out for two more weeks ffs) should be immediately sacked. Lacazette and Giroud is more than enough cover for one striker spot, especially with Welbeck capable of playing there if needed.

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't sign PEA because he's clearly a good player, but the idea that you need him because of a lack of squad depth just doesn't stand up at all. As for Malcom, well he's very highly rated and he's young so he is a logical signing I guess, I haven't seen him play, but I can't see Arsenal doing £100m in one window personally.
    I would be surprised if both Giroud and Welbeck are Arsenal players next season. Giroud is and has been a very useful option to bring on from the bench, so I could see him staying next season and then going back to France.

Welbecks contract expires in 2019, so the club need to either sign him up or sell him. He is not an automatic starter and is injury prone as well as an awful finisher so I can see him going in the summer.

Signing both players would give the club one less thing to do in the summer, so I can see the £100m being spent, especially as we are selling quite a few players now and have the money.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fair. You never really know what you're getting with almost anyone from another league. The thing with Aubameyang is that unlike Lacazette, he's always been linked with moves to teams like Bayern and Madrid and has a significantly better goal return over the last three seasons.
    I think the question should be whether you should spend so much on another striker after just buying Lacazette not too long ago. I'd argue they should if they could afford it. Laca can play as a wide forward and work alongside Aubameyang. And if you have a player of Sanchez' quality leaving, signing Auba doesnt seem so excessive. Plus you have the worry of dropping out of the top 4 for the long term to worry about sorting out.

I look at United's situation and ask, if Griezmann was available to sign this summer, would be hold back because of the money spent on Lukaku last year? Probably not. I think we're reaching a stage where teams like City, United, Chelsea could start fielding sides with £50m+ signings in half a dozen positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Honestly, the players don't matter, it's the old dickhead in charge that's the issue. As soon as he gains some self awareness and removes himself from the club, there's a chance it can move forward. I can't think of a player in that squad that hasn't regressed since being bought.

Simon
    There's definitely some truth to that Hlebs - you signed Sanchez and Ozil, went backwards with them and are now losing them for a fraction of their market value - if that happens with two players that have already proven themselves as world class players at the biggest clubs going, I'm not sure what can be expected of players that are less proven.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the players don't matter, it's the old dickhead in charge that's the issue. As soon as he gains some self awareness and removes himself from the club, there's a chance it can move forward. I can't think of a player in that squad that hasn't regressed since being bought.
    Well that is the big if isnt it. Hopefully he can be mutually consented come the summer and someone like Ancelotti can come in and steady things.

The squad needs a lot of work in any case.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When has Ancelotti ever stabilised anything? He has literally made a career out of being a stooge at big money clubs and getting away with doing as little as possible. He'd be a fucking disaster at Arsenal.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Aub has signed. Wonder if we will sign Evans as well. Shame if Giroud goes