0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sport

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Allegedly he hasnt put a transfer request in and wont do and its just the papers trying to sell a "smaller" clubs players again.

We shall see.

Im not too bothered anyway. Doesnt matter who we have playing for us really. We wont get near winning anything and will hover around the upper middle of the premier league.

Football is properly shit.
    Unless you get a rich owner.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/a...a-over-ljajic/

Is winger/attacking mid a position Villa need to bolster?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Stones has handed in a transfer request.

Cuadrado's gone to Juve on loan/option to buy and sounds like Lamela's off to Inter on loan too.
    Last edited by Ringo; August 25th, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another player sold by Everton again against everyone's wishes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hope he goes to Man Utd (if he does go) just so it will shut up all the Chelsea fans on twitter crowing about how they pipped them to Pedro.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should stay at Everton really, why does he need to leave at this time of his playing career.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes not been sold yet....

Not too bothered either way really. I think hes a quality player and well worth whatever they may end up paying for him. But at the end of the day he is a centre back and our defensive record is hardly stellar even with him in the side.

Im not sure whats going to happen here though, if he goes we will have one centre back left in Jagielka. We already need another 2, we would need a third one to replace Stones as well. Stones is on about 30k a week now, the 3 new CBs will be on at least 30k each and Barnsley are due some of the fee so we may dig our heels in on this one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have Johnny Evans.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too bothered either way really. I think hes a quality player and well worth whatever they may end up paying for him. But at the end of the day he is a centre back and our defensive record is hardly stellar even with him in the side.

Im not sure whats going to happen here though, if he goes we will have one centre back left in Jagielka. We already need another 2, we would need a third one to replace Stones as well. Stones is on about 30k a week now, the 3 new CBs will be on at least 30k each and Barnsley are due some of the fee so we may dig our heels in on this one.
    Thought you was singing a CB, he was in the crowd with an Everton scarf around him on Sunday.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Thought you was singing a CB, he was in the crowd with an Everton scarf around him on Sunday.
    Yeah Mori. He may not get a work permit. Tim Vickery seems to think he's awful too.

Cant wait.

Simon

Galloway is a natural centre back isn't he? And Ty Browning was highly-rated a year or so ago, although I've only seen him play on the left and right when he's supposed to be a centre back. Wouldn't want to rely on them though so yeah I imagine you'll want to sign someone - what happened to the Evans deal, at one point it seemed like it had been confirmed?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Galloway is a natural centre back isn't he? And Ty Browning was highly-rated a year or so ago, although I've only seen him play on the left and right when he's supposed to be a centre back. Wouldn't want to rely on them though so yeah I imagine you'll want to sign someone - what happened to the Evans deal, at one point it seemed like it had been confirmed?
    Yeah both are centre backs but Browning has played right back a lot for the youth teams too. Neither are ready to be regulars as you say. Both promising though. We also have Mason Holgate now who is supposed to be a good prospect.

We were never in for Evans. It was just paper talk that started when the press were trying to sell Stones for us. Martinez said as much himself (the first part obviously...).

We may be in for him now of course.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find it weird that everybody seems to be saying that Rodgers fucked up signing balotelli. I thought it was the transfer panel that signed him? I'm not sure what else else Rodgers could do in the situation.

Rather hilariously I was convinced it was a good signing. At that price I thought they had mitigated most of the risk and he looked good at world cup. What the fuck happened to him he is a bomb scare of a footballer now

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's even scarier is AC wanting him back.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Find it weird that everybody seems to be saying that Rodgers fucked up signing balotelli. I thought it was the transfer panel that signed him? I'm not sure what else else Rodgers could do in the situation.

Rather hilariously I was convinced it was a good signing. At that price I thought they had mitigated most of the risk and he looked good at world cup. What the fuck happened to him he is a bomb scare of a footballer now
    I don't think Rodgers knew how to use Balotelli or had any real plan for using him, similar to Rickie Lambert. The response to Balotelli from the British media was absurd and probably impacted on his use in the team. Balotelli was excellent in his first match for Liverpool vs Spurs but the entire team soon faltered pretty badly and Balotelli seemed to bear an exceptionally unfair brunt of it. I think Rodgers opportunistically sacrificed the player to take the focus off himself and/or the rest of the team. Neither of those striker signings worked out and for me it remains to be seen if Benteke does much better under Rodgers. Sturridge being unfit gives Benteke a chance to settle but I don't see how they will work together.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allegedly Son Heung Min is having a medical at Spurs.

Gutted, hes one of my favourite players. I reckon he will be a great signing for them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I see Everton are signing Funes Mori from River Plate. I watched him in the Libertadores and he looked rather good.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I see Everton are signing Funes Mori from River Plate. I watched him in the Libertadores and he looked rather good.
    Tim Vickery thinks hes awful and a terrible signing. We shall see. Takes a decent free kick from what I have seen at least.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Stones transfer request has been turned down.

Martinez is incredibly naive. Does he really think the best option is keeping an unhappy player and not banking £40m?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this again.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    So Stones transfer request has been turned down.

Martinez is incredibly naive. Does he really think the best option is keeping an unhappy player and not banking £40m?
    Yeah we may as well sell all our good players and just give up

As he said last night, money cant buy you everything. And who said Stones is unhappy? He has been an absolute professional during all this and will continue to be so.

Also 40M sounds like a lot of money but it really isnt when you break it down. We would owe 15% to Barnsley, will probably trim off some of the money owed for Lukaku and it will leave is with one senior centre back with premiership experience. So we would need to buy two new defenders just to stand still. This is a world where Scott Dann is valued at 16M. So lets say we buy two centre backs for 10M each, add in the extra wages (Stones is currently on 30K, two replacements will be on more than that each) then the 40M will be gone already. It would be bad business to sell him in my opinion unless we get a ludicrous offer.

But...but... he NEEDS to move to improve his chances of playing for England is a reason I have heard for him moving lately. Ignoring the fact that he is already an England regular. He can learn from John Terry though even though they are totally different players. Like all those other young defensive prospects that Chelsea have brought through whilst he has been there.

Besides people like you and most fans of the other clubs who dont just throw cash at everything should be delighted that we are taking a stand in this instance.

No doubt he will still end up going because thats football and football is shit but we aint going to lose him without a fight, and we should we?
    Last edited by MMH; August 27th, 2015 at 3:17 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Here here.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we may as well sell all our good players and just give up

As he said last night, money cant buy you everything. And who said Stones is unhappy? He has been an absolute professional during all this and will continue to be so.

Also 40M sounds like a lot of money but it really isnt when you break it down. We would owe 15% to Barnsley, will probably trim off some of the money owed for Lukaku and it will leave is with one senior centre back with premiership experience. So we would need to buy two new defenders just to stand still. This is a world where Scott Dann is valued at 16M. So lets say we buy two centre backs for 10M each, add in the extra wages (Stones is currently on 30K, two replacements will be on more than that each) then the 40M will be gone already. It would be bad business to sell him in my opinion unless we get a ludicrous offer.

But...but... he NEEDS to move to improve his chances of playing for England is a reason I have heard for him moving lately. Ignoring the fact that he is already an England regular. He can learn from John Terry though even though they are totally different players. Like all those other young defensive prospects that Chelsea have brought through whilst he has been there.

Besides people like you and most fans of the other clubs who dont just throw cash at everything should be delighted that we are taking a stand in this instance.

No doubt he will still end up going because thats football and football is shit but we aint going to lose him without a fight, and we should we?
    He is obviously unhappy as he has handed in a transfer request. Look, I hate Chelsea and would love for them not to get him, but the fact of the matter is £40m is a huge amount of money for someone who has had what 1-2 seasons of top flight football and is not yet an established international.

Everton can use that money to get 2/3 players and improve the overrall quality of the squad which is needed.

It is all well and good putting your head in the sand like Martinez has said, but there is little point in keeping an unhappy player. Look at the Sterling situation, it was best for everyone that he moved on and Liverpool have made some good signings with that money.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is obviously unhappy as he has handed in a transfer request. Look, I hate Chelsea and would love for them not to get him, but the fact of the matter is £40m is a huge amount of money for someone who has had what 1-2 seasons of top flight football and is not yet an established international.

Everton can use that money to get 2/3 players and improve the overrall quality of the squad which is needed.

It is all well and good putting your head in the sand like Martinez has said, but there is little point in keeping an unhappy player. Look at the Sterling situation, it was best for everyone that he moved on and Liverpool have made some good signings with that money.
    Nah there is a difference between not being happy and wanting to go to another club. He would like the chance to go but isnt exactly fuming that he cant either by the looks of it.

I have just posted why its not that good of a deal and you have just ignored it and gave me the exact opposite of the reasons I gave as being a reason to sell him!

I may as well not bothered posting it!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I've never understood why fans care about transfer fees, it doesn't impact the fan in any way and having a good player that's settled in the team is far more valuable than the money. Everton have seemingly been through this with Baines and Garbutt recently and it worked out pretty well keeping them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool also kept Suarez after he agitated for a move to Arsenal and he went on to play the best football of his career for them before selling at a much higher fee than was offered before. Why should Everton weaken their team a week before the transfer window closes? If Chelsea really wanted him they could have bid £40 million in June, instead of incrementally raising bids for a player that Everton have categorically stated is not for sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of £40 million in the bank if it leaves their team short until January at least.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should ask for say £35m plus Zouma on loan for a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah there is a difference between not being happy and wanting to go to another club. He would like the chance to go but isnt exactly fuming that he cant either by the looks of it.

I have just posted why its not that good of a deal and you have just ignored it and gave me the exact opposite of the reasons I gave as being a reason to sell him!

I may as well not bothered posting it!
    Reading from another forum, once you count money owed to Chelsea, sell on clauses to Barnsley, etc...Everton would get circa 18 million of that 40 million.

Anyhow, if Chelsea are that desperate for the player, they'll up their bid.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Reading from another forum, once you count money owed to Chelsea, sell on clauses to Barnsley, etc...Everton would get circa 18 million of that 40 million.
    This is a bit of a red herring of a point though - they would be wiping out the debt for Lukaku and paying off a sell-on clause that is going to be there whether they sell him or not. If they kept him, those debts would still need to be paid eventually and in all likelihood they are written into the club's budget whether they sell big name players or not. It's not like if Everton sold Stones they'd receive the cheque for £18m and go "oh blimey, thought we'd see more of it than that, now we can't get a proper replacement".

My only surprise in all this is that A) Chelsea think he's worth £40m and B) Everton haven't bitten their hands off. Even in today's newly-inflated market that seems massively excessive for what is essentially ONLY potential - as of right now I'm not convinced he's a particularly good centre back, certainly not good enough to play regularly for a title-challenging side.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a bit of a red herring of a point though - they would be wiping out the debt for Lukaku and paying off a sell-on clause that is going to be there whether they sell him or not. If they kept him, those debts would still need to be paid eventually and in all likelihood they are written into the club's budget whether they sell big name players or not. It's not like if Everton sold Stones they'd receive the cheque for £18m and go "oh blimey, thought we'd see more of it than that, now we can't get a proper replacement".

My only surprise in all this is that A) Chelsea think he's worth £40m and B) Everton haven't bitten their hands off. Even in today's newly-inflated market that seems massively excessive for what is essentially ONLY potential - as of right now I'm not convinced he's a particularly good centre back, certainly not good enough to play regularly for a title-challenging side.
    He really is good enough. I genuinely think he could be one of the best defenders of his generation in the world. Obviously that does involve potential but hes good enough right now. A fantastic footballer.

And honestly 40M (which they have not offered yet by the way...) aint really THAT much these days when a Scott Dann (who is a decent defender but thats about it) is valued at 16M.

I do wonder if managers play mind games with players in situations like this. If I was Martinez I would be saying along the lines of "We think you are brilliant and think you are worth at least 60M. Chelsea have only offered 30M, they obviously dont think you are that good". Things like that. I would be quite insulted as a player if a suitor didnt match my current clubs valuation of me.

Simon
    That was what Moyes did with Rooney wasn't it? Asked him how good he thought he was, and then when he said he was good enough to play for a top club Moyes asked why no one had matches their valuation...Rooney's form improved and he eventually got the move to United. Might be an urban legend I forget where I heard it.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was what Moyes did with Rooney wasn't it? Asked him how good he thought he was, and then when he said he was good enough to play for a top club Moyes asked why no one had matches their valuation...Rooney's form improved and he eventually got the move to United. Might be an urban legend I forget where I heard it.
    No idea. According to Rooney they didnt like each other so dunno.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I think Jose wants Zouma around. The rumour was another bid + Moses who Martinez likes.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A redshite reject? Great!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I think Jose wants Zouma around. The rumour was another bid + Moses who Martinez likes.
    Sure, I wouldnt expect Jose to be happy to lose Zouma. But I mean from Everton's point of view, they get a replacement for a year, which buys them time to find another player to spend the Stones transfer fee on. If Chelsea dont agree, then they cant have Stones. Its a reasonable trade for both clubs. Zouma's still only 20 years old and they get their player back in 12 months time.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/0...m-the-chairman

Looks like we are digging our heels in then.

I would love us to keep him. Not only because he is a good player but its just nice for a club to tell one of the "big boys" to fuck off as the media response is tremendous. They seem genuinely bemused and offended that we want to keep our best players and try to improve as a club/squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stones may not even get on for Chelsea anyway. Mourinho is really bad at introducing young players into his first team (as shown by the fact that Everton currently have Lukaku), so the idea that he would be able to bring Zouma and Stones through at the same time seems pretty far-fetched. Stones would be better staying at Everton getting games for the time being. For anyone looking at it from an "England team point of view" then he's going to learn a billion times more playing first team football in the Premier League than watching John Terry limp around in training headering everything in sight. Unless you mean he needs to learn how to be an absolute cunt of a human being, in which case yes he should go to observe John Terry.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, it makes me laugh the England stuff too, hes already a regular in the England squad, so basically they are saying if he moves to Chelsea he will automatically become a regular first teamer even if he is playing the same as he is now.

We are not a non league team, we can teach players loads, as can all teams to some extent.

Hes 20 as well. If he wants to "play Champions League football", he has plenty of time.

If we do keep him out big test is to match his ambitions because we have a lot of good young players who could move to a "big club" one day. So we need to show that our goal is to compete with these clubs.

Simon

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, it makes me laugh the England stuff too, hes already a regular in the England squad, so basically they are saying if he moves to Chelsea he will automatically become a regular first teamer even if he is playing the same as he is now.

We are not a non league team, we can teach players loads, as can all teams to some extent.

Hes 20 as well. If he wants to "play Champions League football", he has plenty of time.

If we do keep him out big test is to match his ambitions because we have a lot of good young players who could move to a "big club" one day. So we need to show that our goal is to compete with these clubs.
    I've put Barkley in my Fantasy team. He needs to start producing please, can you have a word, ta.

Simon
    I'm daring to believe that Barkley might actually have got his head straight now, there's never been any doubt about his ability but for whatever reason he only seemed to turn it on once a month...but so far this season he seems to have played well in every game and is finally starting to show some end product. He's already matched last season's (pathetic) goal tally and has chipped in with a couple of assists too, so maybe it's clicked for him now.

Then again just as Rooney's "terrible form" was more pronounced because it's the start of the season leading to people laughably writing him off, it might just be that Barkley is having one of his rare runs of good form and he'll go off the boil again soon.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I've put Barkley in my Fantasy team. He needs to start producing please, can you have a word, ta.
    Hes been looking really sharp this season so you may be on to something there.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm daring to believe that Barkley might actually have got his head straight now, there's never been any doubt about his ability but for whatever reason he only seemed to turn it on once a month...but so far this season he seems to have played well in every game and is finally starting to show some end product. He's already matched last season's (pathetic) goal tally and has chipped in with a couple of assists too, so maybe it's clicked for him now.

Then again just as Rooney's "terrible form" was more pronounced because it's the start of the season leading to people laughably writing him off, it might just be that Barkley is having one of his rare runs of good form and he'll go off the boil again soon.
    He really could be a Lampard type player in terms of goals if he just showed a bit of composure. He gets one or two good chances a game just around the edge of the area and 9 times out of 10 just twats it into row Z. Once he gets his decision making sorted he will hopefully be a top player.

Him Lukaku and Deulofeu firing on all cylinders breaking on the counter for us is a lovely thought.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinez is such a fucking hypocrite. Giving it all the 'things are more important to us than money'

It didnt stop him buying players further down the divisions, i'm sure those clubs didnt want to sell their players either. Did Barnsley want to sell Stones?

Also, he jumped from Swansea to Wigan and then to Everton so it is a bit rich coming from him. Fine to try and keep your best players just dont be a hypocrite about it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Fuck Stones. We've turned our attention to the Chinese Sergio Ramos

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really is good enough. I genuinely think he could be one of the best defenders of his generation in the world. Obviously that does involve potential but hes good enough right now. A fantastic footballer.

And honestly 40M (which they have not offered yet by the way...) aint really THAT much these days when a Scott Dann (who is a decent defender but thats about it) is valued at 16M.

I do wonder if managers play mind games with players in situations like this. If I was Martinez I would be saying along the lines of "We think you are brilliant and think you are worth at least 60M. Chelsea have only offered 30M, they obviously dont think you are that good". Things like that. I would be quite insulted as a player if a suitor didnt match my current clubs valuation of me.
    I agree with everything here.

I really rate Stones and know a few other fellow fans when talking about him also do. At his age now he's has it all and will no doubt only get better but under the right manager like Martinez.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinez is such a fucking hypocrite. Giving it all the 'things are more important to us than money'

It didnt stop him buying players further down the divisions, i'm sure those clubs didnt want to sell their players either. Did Barnsley want to sell Stones?

Also, he jumped from Swansea to Wigan and then to Everton so it is a bit rich coming from him. Fine to try and keep your best players just dont be a hypocrite about it.
    Of course Barnsley wanted to sell Stones! They would probably be in a lot of trouble money wise if they didnt. If they said they didnt want to sell then that would be it.

What he is saying is that there is no set price for Stones (there is obviously....everyone has one) but they can offer us whatever they want, we dont want to sell him. The way everyone has tried to sell him to Chelsea for us is ridiculous.

I dont see what him moving to other clubs has got to do with anything? We asked Wigan if we could talk to Martinez, they said yes and we paid them what they wanted. If we said yes to Chelsea about Stones then that would be fine. But we didnt because hes not for sale.

Its not that hard and I find it utterly bizarre that you are getting upset by this.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    He's in the 'big team' brigade, who think they should be able to cherry pick who they want from lesser clubs.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything here.

I really rate Stones and know a few other fellow fans when talking about him also do. At his age now he's has it all and will no doubt only get better but under the right manager like Martinez.
    Yeah i found it quite refreshing how Martinez has dealt with Stone's progression. He has made mistakes, quite a few in fact but Martinez has told him publicly not to worry about it and just to keep doing what he is doing and it will all fall into place. Because he is a good footballer he sometimes dallies on the ball and loses possession but its how he will learn and improve and its beneficial to him instead of him making a mistake and being dropped the next week for another 30M centre back in the production line. That wont improve anybody.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    He's in the 'big team' brigade, who think they should be able to cherry pick who they want from lesser clubs.
    Indeed, but its bizarre as Arsenal and really in that bracket! Arsenal tend to be quite respectful when it comes to transfers and other teams players so I dont get how he doesnt understand that football is fucked if us "lesser teams" dont stand up to the big boys every once in a while and try to develop players ourselves via youth teams and lower leagues. We cant throw money at players so we look for other ways to compete, but whats the point if a monied club can then just swoop in and take them away and claim its for the players development and the good of the Champions League (which is fucking shit by the way.)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the Everton scout who probably recommend getting Stones from Barnsley is gutted he won't be getting his massive bonus from Kenwright now.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea's first bid showed how much they actually value Stones. It's only increasing because Everton have dared to play hard-ball, and why shouldn't they? It's nice to see a big premier league club not get their own way all the time, so I hope Everton hold out for a few more days. It would also be nice to see a player stay put and develop for a bit longer, rather than join a bigger club and quickly fade into obscurity.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha I doubt they get big bonuses anyway.

Allegedly (Twitter rumour, no doubt crap) we have rejected a bid from PSG for Seamus Coleman!

We should just give him to them to be fair. Its good for the Irish national team and we have no right to keep any good players. Besides think of all the stuff he could learn from David Luiz.

We should also sell him because we have bought players in the past too from other clubs. It would be hypocritical of us not to.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha.

Yeah just reading that then MMH, imagine him going there. Career killer if there was ever one.

Simon
    I think Coleman is absolute class, was surprised no one was interested in him when everyone was bum licking Clyne during the summer. Offers way more going forward and there isn't much between them defensively. However Coleman does permanently look like he's doing that "MMMMNNNNNNN" face that people used to do to make fun of Down's Syndrome people, so maybe that counted against him.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Coleman is absolute class, was surprised no one was interested in him when everyone was bum licking Clyne during the summer. Offers way more going forward and there isn't much between them defensively. However Coleman does permanently look like he's doing that "MMMMNNNNNNN" face that people used to do to make fun of Down's Syndrome people, so maybe that counted against him.

Simon
    Haha.

Yeah just reading that then MMH, imagine him going there. Career killer if there was ever one.
    Not necessarily, it's not like their current right back is a superstar - Aurier is good from what little I've seen of him but it's not like Coleman would be playing second fiddle to Lahm or Dani Alves. In fact there aren't many top class right backs around Europe in general at the moment - those two, maybe Lichtsteiner?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we always say he looks a bit simple.

I can imagine him arriving in Paris and saying "excuse me monsieur, where can I tie up my horse?".

Boss player though, and he has always said he doesnt want to leave us as he owes everything to us in his life for taking a chance on him. He thinks he would still be playing part time in Ireland if we didnt sign him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Ahaha. Never noticed. That's brilliant.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Barnsley wanted to sell Stones! They would probably be in a lot of trouble money wise if they didnt. If they said they didnt want to sell then that would be it.

What he is saying is that there is no set price for Stones (there is obviously....everyone has one) but they can offer us whatever they want, we dont want to sell him. The way everyone has tried to sell him to Chelsea for us is ridiculous.

I dont see what him moving to other clubs has got to do with anything? We asked Wigan if we could talk to Martinez, they said yes and we paid them what they wanted. If we said yes to Chelsea about Stones then that would be fine. But we didnt because hes not for sale.

Its not that hard and I find it utterly bizarre that you are getting upset by this.
    If they were in financial trouble then you took advantage of them, just as Chelsea have tried to do with you.

Again, with him moving jobs he made it clear that he wanted to jump ship both times and virtually forced both the clubs to let him go. As I said, fair enough trying to hold onto players but this holier than though attitude he is giving is digusting and completely hypocritial.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    In other news Derby are in for Anichebe from wba, i should be excited MMH, right, right?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, but its bizarre as Arsenal and really in that bracket! Arsenal tend to be quite respectful when it comes to transfers and other teams players so I dont get how he doesnt understand that football is fucked if us "lesser teams" dont stand up to the big boys every once in a while and try to develop players ourselves via youth teams and lower leagues. We cant throw money at players so we look for other ways to compete, but whats the point if a monied club can then just swoop in and take them away and claim its for the players development and the good of the Champions League (which is fucking shit by the way.)
    I don't think you understood what I said. Its the hypocrisy of Martinez that annoys me. It is funny how him and Pulis have been moaning that the transfer window should close at the start of the season (lets forget all the other leagues in Europe shall we).

He didnt mind it last year when he signed Lukaku near the end of the window.

Simon
    I don't think you understood what I said. Its the hypocrisy of Martinez that annoys me. It is funny how him and Pulis have been moaning that the transfer window should close at the start of the season (lets forget all the other leagues in Europe shall we).

You can disagree with the rules while still using them to your advantage. That isn't hypocrisy at all, it's just common sense...he's not going to impose rules on his own team which don't apply to anyone else is he.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he wasnt saying this last year. He is only saying it now to suit him. That is why he is a hypocrite.

Simon
    That's your inference, there's no evidence to say he's only saying it now because it suits him, and every reason to believe that is his genuine opinion, most managers agree that the window shouldn't go beyond the start of the season.

If Martinez has previously said he likes things the way they are, then he is a hypocrite. Otherwise he's just someone who hasn't previously stated an opinion either way and now has. That's not hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea didnt want him though! Thats the big difference. And we didnt sign him at the end of the window. We took him on loan at the end of the window the year before which isnt the same thing.

Disgusting by the way? What a ridiculous overreaction!

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he wasnt saying this last year. He is only saying it now to suit him. That is why he is a hypocrite.
    He did say it the year before when we ending up selling Fellaini at the end of the window, you know the same time when we had to get Lukaku last minute because one of our players was sold last minute?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    In other news Derby are in for Anichebe from wba, i should be excited MMH, right, right?
    God no.

He may do a job at that level to be fair though. Hes a massive injury prone sulk. Has his moments though.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well, we shall see how it transpires I guess.

Simon
    City have sold Marcos Lopes an hour after Pellegrini said in a press conference that he wouldn't be sold

Simon
    Coming from the opposite point of view on MMH's anger at clubs unsettling other team's players, is it just me that thinks West Brom's chairman is being a bit of a minge with regard to the Berahino transfer? I don't mind the usual stuff about the player not being for sale etc and even the stuff about our bid being in instalments is an odd criticism because hardly any deals are all paid up front nowadays...but he's made a couple of really weird comments.

For one thing he said we've left it far too late - our first bid was two weeks before deadline day, and even if we signed him at this late stage it wouldn't be particularly late by deadline day standards. Secondly, he is having a go at us for not leaving them any time to get a replacement...

“I have the greatest respect for Daniel Levy but he must surely appreciate we would have needed to replace Saido had he left and no consideration of that position has been reflected by Tottenham’s strategy."
    1) How it leaves West Brom is not our problem, we don't owe them the courtesy of not bidding for their player because they won't have time to replace him. It's their choice whether to accept a bid or not, turning it into some weird guilt trip is really odd.

2) They broke their transfer record on a new striker last week anyway.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hypocrisy again there.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming from the opposite point of view on MMH's anger at clubs unsettling other team's players, is it just me that thinks West Brom's chairman is being a bit of a minge with regard to the Berahino transfer? I don't mind the usual stuff about the player not being for sale etc and even the stuff about our bid being in instalments is an odd criticism because hardly any deals are all paid up front nowadays...but he's made a couple of really weird comments.

For one thing he said we've left it far too late - our first bid was two weeks before deadline day, and even if we signed him at this late stage it wouldn't be particularly late by deadline day standards. Secondly, he is having a go at us for not leaving them any time to get a replacement...

1) How it leaves West Brom is not our problem, we don't owe them the courtesy of not bidding for their player because they won't have time to replace him. It's their choice whether to accept a bid or not, turning it into some weird guilt trip is really odd.

2) They broke their transfer record on a new striker last week anyway.
    I don't think he means he wants more consideration I think he's saying more ££££ as it's harder to replace him now

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    God no.

He may do a job at that level to be fair though. Hes a massive injury prone sulk. Has his moments though.
    He's a huge handful when he fancies it, those days don't seem to come often enough though and ultimately seems to waste most of that talent.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say Clyne is just as good as a defender as Colman from what I've seen watching them both, but yes Colman not by a lot to be honest does offer that bit more.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Anichebe seems to play well against us. Bit like Jozy Altidore who gave us a torrid time and must have scored about half of his Premier League goals against Chelsea.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny Evans will have a medical at WBA tonight.

Apparently this will trigger Lescott's move to Villa.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel he's better than wba

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you believe the reported transfer fees, that reduces this seasons net spend to around £6m.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Feel he's better than wba
    I honestly don't get why a few on here rate him that highly, in all his time at United when has he put a run of having 3 very good games in a row? I doubt you could find it, in fact he has a decent game every 1 in 10. He's always been average from what I've seen, his positional play is poor and do is his decision making. When he comes up against someone bigger and stronger he gets bullied and tormented all the time and doesn't like the physical side.

He's a poor man's John O'Shea

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not falling for that Chris but good try

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah thinking about it I was harsh there. But in my honest opinion he's a good defender but prone to mistakes and bad game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    If you believe the reported transfer fees, that reduces this seasons net spend to around £6m.
    Net spend, the most important of all the footballing statistics.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyler Blackett going to Celtic on loan.

So that pretty much confirms that Daley Blind is staying on as a CB.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess that means mcnair is rated at bit or trusted at least

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know teams have to have depth but having multi-capped internationals just sitting on the bench seems like such a waste. City's 2nd team could challenge for 4th now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't get why a few on here rate him that highly, in all his time at United when has he put a run of having 3 very good games in a row? I doubt you could find it, in fact he has a decent game every 1 in 10. He's always been average from what I've seen, his positional play is poor and do is his decision making. When he comes up against someone bigger and stronger he gets bullied and tormented all the time and doesn't like the physical side.

He's a poor man's John O'Shea
    Well we had Johnny Evans and we currently have O'Shea...theres no comparison really.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busy day at United anyway

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of movement at United today. Januzaj moving to BVB on loan, Hernandez on a perma to Bayer Leverkusen, Lindergard to WBA, and we're signing a 19 year old French striker for £35m from Monaco.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    seems like someone is panicking
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the price we're paying, he better be fucking amazing. Never heard of the dude till last night. This is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently de Gea is finally on his way to Real with Keylor Navas plus money to United, which is a fantastic deal for United. Navas is a superb goalkeeper, so United, Real and de Gea all do well out of the deal. I don't really think United could have done better than that out de Gea leaving if it happens.

Spurs would have taken them to the cleaners over Lloris.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Borini in. Seems like we are just buying any player that has spurned us in the past this year.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 5 players left United in the last 24 hours alone. And we still havent got that CB we've been after for the last 12 months.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Thankfully it looks like we've got our hands on a centre back. £3m Papy Djilobodji from Nantes

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still hoping we pick up Vlaar once he's fit to take a medical.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But want vlaar really suspect when it came to pace. I always thought he was bang average for villa...